PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please

tinyfoxy74
03-31-17, 01:38 PM
I asked this to question:confused: to support but they said ask in forum in which part I have no idea so will try here. I just want to be able to play the game again any help or point me to where the answer is or how to correctly ask the right question inside of runarounds thanks

I have been playing this game for a while now on my Android tablet now saw game not up to date, I go to play store to update and get no longer supported on my device. Has the game gone to iphone/Ipads only now? I love the Monopoly Bingo games but none will work even Clue. Is there going to be an update to fix the issue or is this the end of the line wit games for Android tablets? Thanks please let me know

asking here cause Support which i thought would been place to ask said this

[removed support communication] (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)

ExcalS8
03-31-17, 02:50 PM
Hi tinyfoxy,

Over the past weeks and months, we have been applying various performance fixes and feature improvements to the Bingo suite of games. Unfortunately, we reached a tipping point this week where we needed to deprecate older versions (we tried to give a few weeks' notice to players so they could prepare) because they diverged too far from what we can support moving forward.

We still support Android devices, but the requirements have changed. Your device must be running Android OS 4.0.3 or higher and support OpenGL ES 2.0. I actually noticed that your particular device was in our excluded list despite appearing (on paper, anyway) to fully support the game: I re-enabled it, and you should be able to download the latest version in a few hours. Just try refreshing the store page periodically. We don't have this device in-house, though, so if there are any technical problems you encounter, please let us know!

If you were curious, we also increased the minimum requirements on iOS to iOS 7.0 or higher.

Thanks for the report, and for your continued support of Bingo!

tinyfoxy74
03-31-17, 06:40 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!. My tablet version says its 4.4.2 however no clue how to tell if it supports OpenGL ES 2.0wouldnt even know were to look for that. However it is working for now and beyond happy.

tinyfoxy74
03-31-17, 08:01 PM
Well all works but when try go into a property to play it comes up oh no downloading please wait but does nothing at all after that. So guess have to eventually get a new droid tablet :(

kooky panda
04-01-17, 01:33 PM
Try leaving you game open for a little bit to see if it will download.

ExcalS8
04-05-17, 01:47 PM
Well all works but when try go into a property to play it comes up oh no downloading please wait but does nothing at all after that. So guess have to eventually get a new droid tablet :(

You probably don't have to get a new tablet. This is a good opportunity to shed some light on how we handle asset loading. Since MONOPOLY Bingo (and really, all of our Bingo games) has so many rooms, there's no possible way we could download them all simultaneously on launch: it would take forever. The most important thing is that we keep the initial launch time short so that you can start playing quickly. With over 70 rooms, though, we have to prioritize.

We do this by preloading the room that we believe you are most likely to play: the latest one you have unlocked. So if you're level 85, we first load Shareholders Shipyard, which is unlocked at level 84. After that, we download rooms based on what appears on your left and right: in this case, Millionaire Millinery (level 81) and Mogul Motors (level 87). Downloading rooms only happens in the lobby (so in this case, Classic Rooms), and we suspend downloads when you're in the middle of a game.

Because we queue room downloads in this way, if you're level 85 but the first thing you do is scroll over to a room that unlocks at level 21 and try to play it, you'll hit that "Downloading..." message until you download all the rooms in between level 85 and level 21 -- anything that you've scrolled past (and therefore queued up a download) along the way. The best thing to do if you plan to play a room that is not your most recently unlocked is to scroll over to it and just wait for the downloads to finish as kooky panda described.

Note that this only applies to initial downloads for any player just starting out with version 2.3+. Once you have a room downloaded to your device, it will always load immediately.

Rachy201282
04-29-17, 01:26 PM
I am also having this same problem. I am level 75 and on community room and it comes up with downloading please wait. But the only rooms that are open are the first three up to pall mall. Please help