PDA

View Full Version : Storybook: Tricky Rascals 3/17/2017

Pages : [1] 2

AuroraLava
03-17-17, 11:00 AM
Edit(KP):

Er, I forgot that the Firegrass Dragon was a higher version. We just pushed out a change to those tasks to swap it with a Life Dragon. Please restart your game if you're on that task or haven't started it yet. Sorry for any inconvienence!
New Storybook just popped up.

Prizes:
Punk Dragon (Day 2) Black, White, Red.

Prankster Dragon (Day 7). Black, Pink, Purple.

Imp Dragon (complete event). Fairytale, Black, White.

Here is info for levels 91 to 200. Not sure of the validity of this info so don't hold me to it. I have not started as yet.

Tasks:

Levels 91-200
IN PROGRESS
Chapter 1 (3 Acts)

1. Feed Dragons 5 Times. (Skip: 10Gold20px)
2. Collect Mithril Ore or Magma Cores from the Mine (4). (Skip: 30Gold20px)
3. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches with a Pink Type Dragon. (Skip: 30Gold20px)
Prize: 3 Punk Favor FavorPunk Favor

Chapter 2 (4 Acts)

1. Begin Mapping the Island. (Skip: 12Gold20px)
2. Plant Pumpwings (6). (Skip: 45Gold20px)
3. Breed a Life dragon with another dragon. (Skip: 36Gold20px)(Prize: 1 Punk FavorPunk Favor)
4. Craft your Punk Dragon. (Skip: 24Gold20px)
Prize: 15,000Coin20px

Chapter 3 (3 Acts)

1. Hatch your Punk Dragon. (Skip: 7Gold20px)
2. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches with a Red Type Dragon. (Skip: 30Gold20px)
3. Complete 1 Pop-Out Scare. (Skip: 10Gold20px)
Prize: 2,500Firapples

Chapter 4 (4 Acts)

1. Raise your Punk Dragon to Level 4. (Skip: 14Gold20px)
2. Breed with a Purple Type Dragon. (Skip: 25Gold20px)
3. Complete 1 Mischievous Tricks. (Skip: 15Gold20px)
4. Craft and decorate with a Trap Door Trap Door. (Skip: 25Gold20px)
Prize: 12Map30px

Chapter 5 (4 Acts)

1. Plant Firapples (6). (Skip: 9Gold20px)
2. Complete 1 Pop-Out Scare. (Skip: 10Gold20px)(Prize: 1 Prankster Favor Prankster Favor)
3. Raise your Punk Dragon to Level 8. (Skip: 30Gold20px)
4. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches with a White Type Dragon. (Skip: 30Gold20px)
Prize: 4,000Firapples

Chapter 6 (4 Acts)

1. Craft and decorate with a Sneaky Tree Sneaky Tree.(Skip: 20Gold20px)(Prize: 1 Prankster Favor Prankster Favor)
2. Harvest Firapples (6). (Skip: 12Gold20px)
3. Hatch a Life Dragon. (Skip: 24Gold20px)
4. Raise your Punk Dragon to Level 11. (Skip: 80Gold20px)
Prize: 6 Fallen StarsFallen Star

Chapter 7 (5 Acts)

1. Complete 1 Pop-Out Scare. (Skip: 10Gold20px)
2. Raise your Punk Dragon to Level 13.(Skip: 125Gold20px)(Prize: 1 Prankster Favor Prankster Favor)
3. Craft and decorate with another Trap Door Trap Door. (Skip: 25Gold20px)
4. Breed a Punk Dragon with another dragon. (Skip: 25Gold20px)(Prize: 1 Prankster Favor Prankster Favor)
5. Craft your Prankster Dragon. (Skip: 24Gold20px)
Prize: 12 Island PartsIsland Part

Chapter 8 (3 Acts)

1. Hatch your Prankster Dragon. (Skip: 7Gold20px)
2. Trade a Green Type Dragon and get a Small EmeraldSmall Emerald(Skip: 30Gold20px)
3. Hatch a Genie Dragon. (Skip: 49Gold20px)
Prize: 12 Trap Doors Trap Door

Chapter 9 (4 Acts)

1. Raise your Prankster Dragon to Level 4. (Skip: 14Gold20px)
2. Craft Whip Cream Pie Whip Cream Pie.(Skip: 40Gold20px)
3. Complete 1 Mischievous Tricks. (Skip: 15Gold20px)
4. Raise your Prankster Dragon to Level 8. (Skip: 30Gold20px)
Prize: 4,000Firapples

Chapter 10 (5 Acts)

1. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches with an Punk Dragon. (Skip: 45Gold20px)
2. Raise your Prankster Dragon to Level 13.(Skip: 225Gold20px)
3. Harvest Firapples (7). (Skip: 14Gold20px)
4. Craft and Decorate with a Laughing RockLaughing Rock. (Skip: 135Gold20px)
5. Breed the Punk Dragon with the Prankster Dragon.(Skip: 45Gold20px)
Prize: 1 Imp Dragon

random59
03-17-17, 11:03 AM
Actually quite like the look of these dragons, it should be fun for a change with the only over lapping event being Bingo.

...oh my I have just crafted my 2nd Mithrill and I don't really want any spare parts again:mad:

katali119
03-17-17, 11:30 AM
The spare parts don't stay visible in your storage anymore, or start at force start and collect whatever the new thing is instead as Mithril is leaving in about 4 more days.

starship412
03-17-17, 11:30 AM
So nice that they all have black elements in them so all I need is 1 habitat for all of them. Thanks S8!

lenasdinner
03-17-17, 12:37 PM
I suppose everyone has Firegrass .....,I don't.....I can't even breed it.go figure common dragon???

this was low S8,Thanks....

AuroraLava
03-17-17, 12:39 PM
Try to breed it now before you begin the event. Trust me it will be harder once you click the book. I just bred two last week and I was about to feed them to trade..but I guess I will keep one now to breed with.

FireballFarm
03-17-17, 12:48 PM
I am curious: why can't we trade event dragons anymore? We used to be able to, but that changed a while back. :/

I don't care for the looks of the Punk Dragon and would love to trade it for a black gem after reaching the Prankster, my goal for this event (nice color combo for breeding on that one!)

What is the reasoning behind restricting event dragon trades? With the constant onslaught of new event dragons these days, there is just not enough room to keep housing them all. It would be nice to get something useful out of the ones we don't care for.

Moonyju
03-17-17, 01:01 PM
Nice way to introduce the new Firegrass Dragon, which was iOS only until recently, as far as I know. :) Good luck everyone!

JustKay
03-17-17, 01:40 PM
I am curious: why can't we trade event dragons anymore? We used to be able to, but that changed a while back. :/

I don't care for the looks of the Punk Dragon and would love to trade it for a black gem after reaching the Prankster, my goal for this event (nice color combo for breeding on that one!)

What is the reasoning behind restricting event dragon trades? With the constant onslaught of new event dragons these days, there is just not enough room to keep housing them all. It would be nice to get something useful out of the ones we don't care for.

I don't remember ever being able to trade Tales event dragons. I always noted that they weren't tradeable to prevent people from accidentally losing something crucial to completing Tales. Imagine the amount of support requests that S8 would have to deal with if that was possible. Most of the other event dragons, besides top prizes for LB are usually tradeable.

JustKay
03-17-17, 01:42 PM
Magma Cores? Looks like the new mining dragon after Mithril will be the magma dragon! I guess that aligns with the recent reuse of older dragons we've seen in the game. Magma was like one of if not the very first mining dragon! Even after all that time, I still have only evolved it to level 7 :rolleyes:

JustKay
03-17-17, 01:46 PM
I suppose everyone has Firegrass .....,I don't.....I can't even breed it.go figure common dragon???

this was low S8,Thanks....

I think there was an update that was required for iOS to get this dragon, maybe just to be safe do an update on the game to make sure you have the latest version... but if we didn't get any warning to do so from S8... that could be a source of a lot of complaints...

FireballFarm
03-17-17, 02:34 PM
I don't remember ever being able to trade Tales event dragons. I always noted that they weren't tradeable to prevent people from accidentally losing something crucial to completing Tales. Imagine the amount of support requests that S8 would have to deal with if that was possible. Most of the other event dragons, besides top prizes for LB are usually tradeable.

In the beginning you could trade all the prize DT dragons. Then, they made it so couldn't trade the grand prize dragon. Then, a couple more Tales later (after Forbidden Love, the DT with Dame of Darkness) they made it so you couldn't trade any of them. The fact grand prize dragons can't be traded -and for even longer than the lower prize dragons- kinda disproves the 'so not traded by accident' theory.
World Event dragons and any LB-exclusive milestone dragons can't be traded, either, not just the top prizes.

LilliDee
03-17-17, 02:36 PM
What the heck is a firegrass dragon? Is this a language thing because the firestorm dragon's egg looks like it has fire grass on it? I'm android and don't have any such dragon in my market.

PeppiVille
03-17-17, 02:50 PM
Level 51-90
Chapter 1: (2 Acts)
1. Feed dragon 5 times
2. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches
Prize: 1 punk favor

Chapter 2: (4 Acts)
1. Begin Mapping the Island
2. Plant 6 Pumpwigs
3. Breed with a Firegrass Dragon
4. Craft your Punk Dragon
Prize: 15,000 coin

Chapter 3: (3 Acts)
1. Finish crafting and hatch your Punk Dragon
2. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches with a PURPLE type dragon
3. Complete Pop-Out Scare Quest (3hrs)
Prize: 2,500 food

Chapter 4: (4 Acts)
1. Raise your Punk Dragon to lvl 4 (requires 675 food)
2. Breed with a Purple Dragon (does not require that Punk be the other)
3. Complete Mischevious Tricks Quest
4. Craft and decorate with a trap door.
Prize: 12 Mystic Maps

Good luck everyone! :)
I'm not sure if I'll continue to advance ahead. If I do, I'll update here when I can. So far other than not having to mine and the color of dragons to use for battles we've have the same Acts as the higher lvls. Hopefully we get a break on the upgrade requirements. I really don't want to have to go over lvl 10. ��

PeppiVille
03-17-17, 02:51 PM
What the heck is a firegrass dragon? Is this a language thing because the firestorm dragon's egg looks like it has fire grass on it? I'm android and don't have any such dragon in my market.

It's a red/green breedable dragon. You may have to check and possibly do an app update.

jbyn4e
03-17-17, 03:00 PM
Yes you have it - just need to have newer version of game - isles of love or updated original version...

katali119
03-17-17, 03:12 PM
Ooh, exciting if they are starting to bring back old mining dragons, I want them all!!! Plus, people who had extra pieces will be able to use them I would think?

LillliDee, if you update you will also be able to watch video's to speed up the arena and use the rebreed button now :D Super exciting android times lol.

marathon2615
03-17-17, 03:14 PM
Anybody know when auto start is? I'm not starting it voluntarily til I have the firegrass

bravewarrior
03-17-17, 03:32 PM
. Begin Mapping the Island. (Skip: 12Gold20px)

What does that mean? I just expanded yesterday? I think I only have one more expansion left? I'm behind and I know superplayers are probably done? #confused

alexis6483
03-17-17, 03:33 PM
4. Craft your Punk Dragon but how?

katali119
03-17-17, 03:40 PM

What does that mean? I just expanded yesterday? I think I only have one more expansion left? I'm behind and I know superplayers are probably done? #confused

It's a quest at the Quest post building thingy? Requires an Island dragon.

katali119
03-17-17, 03:42 PM
4. Craft your Punk Dragon but how?

In the spell shop, it will come up with the option once you start the tales. you will gain the parts you need for it by completing the tasks asked for before that.

alexis6483
03-17-17, 03:48 PM
thx its working i think

bravewarrior
03-17-17, 04:07 PM
It's a quest at the Quest post building thingy? Requires an Island dragon.

Thanks, I haven't had to do that quest in forever. Anything to stop food production...

lenasdinner
03-17-17, 04:14 PM
I think there was an update that was required for iOS to get this dragon, maybe just to be safe do an update on the game to make sure you have the latest version... but if we didn't get any warning to do so from S8... that could be a source of a lot of complaints...

thanks,allready had an updated version,but diden't notice there is a new dragon in the market. but I had luck,started to breed it right away and after 4 fails got 4h on Bden.good thing was that I had one Treefrog and 3 Life fails.Now I just have to deal with mine,collect bombs(I have zero) and my game just dosen't save parts from it,chrashes all the time,a lot lost bombs:mad:
maybe there is a hope....

LilliDee
03-17-17, 04:22 PM
LillliDee, if you update you will also be able to watch video's to speed up the arena and use the rebreed button now :D Super exciting android times lol.

Lol. Now if they'd just give us lightning and the other album dragons, right! Oh well, at least they gave us something. I did the update and firegrass is an exciting new COMMON, ugh. Well, it shouldn't be hard to breed. How many life's will I get while trying?! I have one more day on my diamond temple so I'm really excited to waste it breeding this common. Thanks for your help, everyone.

FlatFoot
03-17-17, 04:43 PM
Er, I forgot that the Firegrass Dragon was a higher version. We just pushed out a change to those tasks to swap it with a Life Dragon. Please restart your game if you're on that task or haven't started it yet. Sorry for any inconvienence!

Clark_Wayne
03-17-17, 04:55 PM

must be : sent island dragon for map quest

jjblueyes
03-17-17, 05:17 PM
The spare parts don't stay visible in your storage anymore, or start at force start and collect whatever the new thing is instead as Mithril is leaving in about 4 more days.

I don't know what parts they have removed but I've got about 4.5 years of parts still in my storage. I have tons of stuff.

Den8137259
03-17-17, 05:22 PM
★ hi , anyone got past this? What's this about n how to complete this? Mining doesn't work :|

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7KOsqoV4AALpyb.jpg

FlatFoot
03-17-17, 05:26 PM
★ hi , anyone got past this? What's this about n how to complete this? Mining doesn't work :|

You require 3 more of those items from within the Mine. Looks like you already found one Mithril Ore.

Den8137259
03-17-17, 05:27 PM
You require 3 more of those items from within the Mine. Looks like you already found one Mithril Ore.

Flatfoot (: hey ★ only the mithril mine works ★

AuroraLava
03-17-17, 05:53 PM
Flatfoot (: hey ★ only the mithril mine works ★

Mithril leaves in 4 days so if you start the Tales early then you mine Mithril parts..then Magma parts will be in the mine for those who start later...the object is to get special mining parts, whichever mining dragon is currently available. They are looking at people who start early on Mithril or those who don't get to it til next week and are mining Magma.

FlatFoot
03-17-17, 05:58 PM
Mithril leaves in 4 days so if you start the Tales early then you mine Mithril parts..then Magma parts will be in the mine for those who start later...the object is to get special mining parts, whichever mining dragon is currently available. They are looking at people who start early on Mithril or those who don't get to it til next week and are mining Magma.

Correct :P

Den8137259
03-17-17, 06:02 PM
Thanks sweeties (:

maryamhjm
03-17-17, 06:15 PM
When does the event start automatically? I need to top up my food as much as possible.

starship412
03-17-17, 06:40 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7KOsqoV4AALpyb.jpg

It means you mine for mithril or magma pieces. Once you get 4 pieces then the act is done.

Tonca3
03-18-17, 01:03 AM
Is any one else having a problem I crafted my punk dragon I still have extra tokens to craft another one but for some reason it isn't saying I completed the goal should I craft another one and see if that works or will I need them extra tokens later?

chewingthecud
03-18-17, 02:01 AM
Well I had to craft a second one to compete the quest stage. Hopefully all will be well. I now therefor have one on the nest and one crafting.

Jennerwein1
03-18-17, 02:03 AM
Got Firegrass with Fire and Dawntree first try. 4 hrs. :)

hungryres
03-18-17, 02:32 AM
When will it autostart?
And how many days will it last?
I will be out of town week after next...

jbyn4e
03-18-17, 05:13 AM
Got Firegrass with Fire and Dawntree first try. 4 hrs. :)

Well you don't need it anymore...

katali119
03-18-17, 05:41 AM
When will it autostart?
And how many days will it last?
I will be out of town week after next...

Usually Sunday, and it's a 10 day event.

Jennerwein1
03-18-17, 05:50 AM
Thanks. Oh well, got a new dragon. Does not happen very often ( not that I have them all).:o

Skybirdie54
03-18-17, 07:08 AM
Begin mapping the island is a quest that is done with the island Dragon

dragonwhispereri
03-18-17, 07:15 AM
Can't seem to win second battle with pink dragon! Have been trying just about every hour since yesterday!

argo77
03-18-17, 07:35 AM
I had to do the same thing. Hopefully someone can explain why this happened.

katali119
03-18-17, 08:08 AM
Can't seem to win second battle with pink dragon! Have been trying just about every hour since yesterday!

Pink dragons (from the type chart) are good against: Yellow, Purple, Mythic, Royal, Dark, Tarot, Elemental, Map; Or use dragons which have other good colours as well as Pink. I find using the battle type chart is the most useful for matching up good dragons, you can find it on the old tournament threads if you don't have it printed off to hand lol. If you get a dragon come up that none of your pink dragons are good for, then use a different dragon to get past it and see if the next one is better. I have Marshmallow, Giving and Afterlife which see me through most of the "pink" type battles, they have a good range of colours that I can nearly always use one if I need to.

bozotc19
03-18-17, 09:28 AM
Ian confused by flat foots comment. They swap out fire grass and life....what does that mean? In chapter 6, we need to hatch a fire grass and not a life? In chapter 2, they swapped a life for a firegrass. Someone please explain what all this means!

bozotc19
03-18-17, 09:30 AM
Please explain what is going on here, because it is very unclear to me. Sorry see post beloe

bozotc19
03-18-17, 09:31 AM

Please explain exactly what you mean by swapping these out

nicsdragonisle
03-18-17, 09:38 AM
My understanding is that Firegrass is available on a higher version of the game. If your game is a lower version, they modified that requirement to a Life in order to fulfill the requirement.

EstCroissant
03-18-17, 09:38 AM

In the original chapter 2 the task was to breed with a fireglass dragon. Then the staff realized that there's this version issue with fireglass so they have replaced fireglass with life. The updated task of chapter 2 now states to breed with a life dragon, and this is the task we will be doing (if you haven't started chapter 2 yet).

missbandette
03-18-17, 10:20 AM
Is the magma dragon a repeat dragon? We already have a magma dragon and mined magma cores.
Edit: I would post pics but I don't know how. I have 1 magma core in my storage.

missbandette
03-18-17, 10:29 AM
Is any one else having a problem I crafted my punk dragon I still have extra tokens to craft another one but for some reason it isn't saying I completed the goal should I craft another one and see if that works or will I need them extra tokens later?
Same thing happened to me, I will have 2 now. I hope we didn't need those extra tokens for something else.

kooky panda
03-18-17, 01:02 PM
I am on high level, and mine stated to Craft and Hatch the punk dragon. My did not complete until after I hatched my punk dragon.

random59
03-18-17, 01:09 PM
Is the magma dragon a repeat dragon? We already have a magma dragon and mined magma cores.
Edit: I would post pics but I don't know how. I have 1 magma core in my storage.

My thoughts exactly, I am sure it will be the same one and I count on getting 2 of these each time as a means of a food source, oh well guess they will be getting traded.

Does anybody have the remaining chapters of this Tales? WIth crafting can it still be done early as I had to craft the dragon twice as I didn't wait until the game asked me I did it before. SO really what I am asking, can we still do the tasks early like having the pie crafted early but not displayed or do we have to do it by the story's time frame?

forhthefun
03-18-17, 01:12 PM
I am on high level, and mine stated to Craft and Hatch the punk dragon. My did not complete until after I hatched my punk dragon.

My goal just says craft. Finished crafting, put on the nest, and goal has not been checked off. Still have 2 tokens left, wondering if I should start crafting a second one? And I'm level 130.

Tonca3
03-18-17, 01:13 PM
Nope mine just said craft as soon as I started crafting the second one it finished the goal for me u say ur high level what is considered high I'm 141 bout to b 142

random59
03-18-17, 01:16 PM
Nope mine just said craft as soon as I started crafting the second one it finished the goal for me

That's what mine said also and that is why I have asked the question about further chapters and do we have to do the tasks to the timeline in the chapters?

bozotc19
03-18-17, 01:54 PM
Did the firegrass replace the life? Can you still get a life from breeding? I only seem to get firegrass. If so, what to do in day 6?

Galadraal
03-18-17, 02:18 PM
I too had already started crafting the punk dragon when the craft goal arrived and luckily had the parts to craft a second. My concern is one will be a waste

Moonyju
03-18-17, 02:51 PM
Did the firegrass replace the life? Can you still get a life from breeding? I only seem to get firegrass. If so, what to do in day 6?

From what I understand, Firegrass is a new dragon. However, as you need a higher version of the game to get it, they changed the tasks of the Tales to require a Life Dragon instead of a Firegrass one. Both Life and Firegrass are currently breedable. :)

Missvegas22
03-18-17, 06:53 PM
It's 2017. I had to breed a Life dragon. Not a Firegrass. Waiting for chapter 3 to start in 5 hrs. 7 mins. I am at level 69. I don't know what comes next???!!! I would love to know!
Valerie

Missvegas22
03-18-17, 06:56 PM
In the original chapter 2 the task was to breed with a fireglass dragon. Then the staff realized that there's this version issue with fireglass so they have replaced fireglass with life. The updated task of chapter 2 now states to breed with a life dragon, and this is the task we will be doing (if you haven't started chapter 2 yet).

Thank you!!! But what comes next? What is the next step or the next goal?! Please hook me up with informationnnn

farmday0123
03-18-17, 07:52 PM

Keep trying i get 4 firegrass straight, no life lol

starship412
03-18-17, 10:10 PM
Oh, so the common dragons we need for the tales are acting like ultra rares again, huh. This is the reason why I couldn't finish the last tales plus I sold three dragons and couldn't get the gem I needed either. I hope this one is different. I will totally not be happy if this happens again.

Hartoled
03-18-17, 10:25 PM
I've spent a lot of gold and hours avoiding breeding Life Dragons, since the Firegrass plague descended upon us last month. Very dismayed to see that we'll have to contend with that pesky varmint again.

random59
03-18-17, 10:41 PM
I've spent a lot of gold and hours avoiding breeding Life Dragons, since the Firegrass plague descended upon us last month. Very dismayed to see that we'll have to contend with that pesky varmint again.

I thought I would be smart and breed one early using Life and Infinity, forgot my diamond temple was still active and have Quetzal under construction:mad:

Hartoled
03-18-17, 11:00 PM
I thought I would be smart and breed one early using Life and Infinity, forgot my diamond temple was still active and have Quetzal under construction:mad:

Yeah, a Quetzal and a Mercury were my rewards for this last stint with the Diamond Temple, in my campaign to get that Chakra. I'm not sad to see my rent lapse on that Temple. I can go back to my semi-useful-for-Bingo Island and Emerald fails. Those Quetzals really put a kink your hose.

kath68
03-19-17, 12:23 AM
I already finished crafting punk dragon and the egg is now sitting on the nest. But it seems it does not registered. I'm still stuck in chapter 2 past midnight. Does it mean I have to skip with gold to go to chapter 3? Can anyone help?

rmrmrmrmrmrm
03-19-17, 03:03 AM
Me too!
Had a long wait for the breeding den to be free for the life dragon breed, so thought I would try and get ahead by crafting it before it asked. However, as you get a fourth punk favour from putting the life dragon on to breed I then had enough favours to breed a second punk dragon. I thought having two punk dragons will definitely be an advantage as one can stay at level one and go on quests whilst the second is evolving. As soon as I pressed craft, it jumped me on to day three but appears to still be crafting the second punk. Hope it works!

katali119
03-19-17, 06:21 AM
Yes, just start the second one crafting, they've mucked up lol. But it means you get two, so woo!

starship412
03-19-17, 06:57 AM
Looks like breeding for Life has taken an ultra rare turn.
Here's my results so far:
Infinity + Life = Firegrass
Infinity + Life = Tree Frog
Diamond + Life = Landworm
Fire + Forest = Landworm
Diamond + Life = Explorer (used that combo because Fire and Forest are breeding another Landworm on the other nest)

Funny how when I use that combo for regular breeding I get Life at least 80% of the time. Now that it's required for tales, one is hard to come by. Breeding is not manipulated for tales or leaderboard events they say. I've seen, experienced, and still experiencing different.

JetteG
03-19-17, 07:31 AM
I get requests for me to send air horn. What is it used for?
Does anybody know?

starship412
03-19-17, 07:57 AM
I get requests for me to send air horn. What is it used for?
Does anybody know?

Air Horns are required for 2 crafting tasks.

katali119
03-19-17, 08:05 AM
I used life and wild. Maybe don't use ultra rares to try and breed a common? I bred it from the 2nd day task to breed with a life dragon. Plus, Firegrass is common, so you would expect it to come up at least as often as Life.

JetteG
03-19-17, 08:20 AM
Thanks, i hadn't noticed

FireballFarm
03-19-17, 08:40 AM
I had to craft 2 Punks to complete Chapter 2, also. Will this affect the evo tasks (feeding and evolving the 'wrong' one)?
Urg. I didn't really want 1 of these ugly guys, now I'm stuck with 2. :/

gisellepersad
03-19-17, 08:58 AM
I am a high level player and havent started the tales yet, is the firegrass still required or was swapped out only for lower level players?

katali119
03-19-17, 09:43 AM
It was swapped out for everyone :)

docpaine
03-19-17, 11:50 AM
Maaan I'm glad I've been breeding for a Life before it auto starts |D I'd gotten a Firegrass right as the change happened, but I shouldn't lose any time by the looks of it now :) best of luck to everyone else trying to ensure they have one!

gisellepersad
03-19-17, 01:04 PM
It was swapped out for everyone :)

Thanks was hoping that was the case since i dont have firegrass to begin with

kath68
03-19-17, 09:08 PM
Yes it works. Thanks!

saghaven
03-19-17, 09:22 PM
I have to win two battles using a red type dragon and every opponent that has come up in the arena doesn't allow for it. It's ridiculous. Every type except red which seems to be weak against all the opponents. All day long and I've only managed to be able to use one red type against an opponent. Can't evolve my dragon because it's already completed step 3 but I can't acknowledge that until I do the battles. Ugh!

Goatty3
03-20-17, 12:40 AM
Why do battles I win not register
Won lots of battles and not one register

Gladiola8
03-20-17, 01:07 AM
Can anyone let me know for Chapter 4 no.2 - breed with a purple type dragon. Does it mean to breed Punk dragon with any purple dragon or breed any purple dragon with any dragon???? The instruction is not very specific. I don't want to do the wrong thing and wait 20 hours for the breeding to finish etc etc

flemlion
03-20-17, 01:44 AM
Can anyone let me know for Chapter 4 no.2 - breed with a purple type dragon. Does it mean to breed Punk dragon with any purple dragon or breed any purple dragon with any dragon????

I just bred a magic with something else (St. Patrick) and it registered.
Typically this kind of goal means to breed any dragon that includes purple with any other dragon.

pernmagic
03-20-17, 02:01 AM
I have to win two battles using a red type dragon and every opponent that has come up in the arena doesn't allow for it. It's ridiculous. Every type except red which seems to be weak against all the opponents. All day long and I've only managed to be able to use one red type against an opponent. Can't evolve my dragon because it's already completed step 3 but I can't acknowledge that until I do the battles. Ugh!
I totally agree I've reached the same and I'm giving up, specifying colour dragon to win in the arena is hopeless even at our upper level :( just going to spend time feeding my other dragons while this event is on .......

Den8137259
03-20-17, 02:21 AM
Hi All

Chapter 4, Step 2 says "Breed with a Purple Type Dragon". Does it mean breed any dragon with Purple? ★

// afternote: just saw
I just bred a magic with something else (St. Patrick) and it registered.
Typically this kind of goal means to breed any dragon that includes purple with any other dragon.

// thank you!! (:

Jennerwein1
03-20-17, 02:44 AM
The game asked me to craft the Punk Dragon, but I have it already evolving. Should I craft another one so it will register, or is this a bug?

katali119
03-20-17, 04:18 AM
I had to craft both for it to register, but only needed to hatch one of them. I don't know what will happen when it asks me to evolve though, hope I won't need to get both of them to level 13?!

katali119
03-20-17, 04:20 AM

I had a clown dragon just come up, for which red could not be worst. Attempted to scroll down to my level 10 Marshmallow, had a bit of a brain blip and hit my level 10 Giving (Pink, Green, Red) instead. Resigned myself to a wait, and it won! I definitely wouldn't have tried a red dragon against a blue/yellow, but sometimes it surprises you :)

Scangelina
03-20-17, 04:23 AM
PLEASE HELP. WHEN will this event AUTO START❓ It didn't give start by date on pop up screen & they generally do start on Sunday, but mine still hasn't started. I just don't want to get shorted on my full 10 days if there is a glitch on the auto start.

Jennerwein1
03-20-17, 04:34 AM
I had to craft both for it to register, but only needed to hatch one of them. I don't know what will happen when it asks me to evolve though, hope I won't need to get both of them to level 13?!

Thank you. My game has been weird lately.

katali119
03-20-17, 05:51 AM
PLEASE HELP. WHEN will this event AUTO START❓ It didn't give start by date on pop up screen & they generally do start on Sunday, but mine still hasn't started. I just don't want to get shorted on my full 10 days if there is a glitch on the auto start.

Apparently they used to auto start on the Tuesday? So maybe it will do it then. If you're ready though, maybe start when you want, just in case?

starship412
03-20-17, 06:39 AM
Here's a couple of answers to some questions I saw on here

What does it mean to win battles with a white or red dragon?: It means win battles with a dragon that have a white element or red element in them. Meaning using a Cursed Rose (black, WHITE, RED) to beat a Porcelain (pink, white, blue) COUNTS towards your white or red goal in battle.

What is breed with a purple dragon? This means you have to breed with a dragon that has a purple element in it. Little Hero (pink, purple, blue) or Impetus (Elemental, purple, blue), for example, work just as well as Peacock (purple) or Magic (purple) to satisfy this task.

What the heck are these air horn requests?: Two crafting tasks in the crafting shop require air horns that you can get by either going on a quest or requesting them from neighbors.

What's up with the extra Punk favors?: I believe it's just a glitch with the game. What I did was craft the 2nd Punk Dragon and kept it at level 1 just to send it on quests while I leveled the first one up to the level I needed. It was a cool glitch and helped a bunch.

Because I have 2 Punk Dragons, do I have to level them both to level 13?: I'm pretty sure you only need to level one to 13 - it wouldn't be of any use to the developers to require both, lol.

My observation of these tales will say this one is the easiest Dragon Tales in a long time because it looks like there's less tasks and the tasks are actually easier than more recent ones. Good luck to everyone.

rasike
03-20-17, 07:27 AM
I think I'm quite lucky this time. I had Life and Genie eggs in my nests before the event started. On the other hand, now two of my nests will be occupied till the day 6 (I'm on the day 2 now). At least I have two more nests I can use.
I did not have serious problems winning battles with a certain type dragon, especially when I knew that in advance. The day before this quest I battle till the opponent is weak to the particular colour that I will have to use on the next day. My only fear is that there will be a tournament in the arena tomorrow that will make winning with a certain colour more difficult or even impossible.

Scangelina
03-20-17, 08:34 AM
Apparently they used to auto start on the Tuesday? So maybe it will do it then. If you're ready though, maybe start when you want, just in case?

Thank for the info. I like to stock up on as much food as possible before starting. I have enough, so I should probably take your advice.

starship412
03-20-17, 08:59 AM
I think I'm quite lucky this time. I had Life and Genie eggs in my nests before the event started. On the other hand, now two of my nests will be occupied till the day 6 (I'm on the day 2 now). At least I have two more nests I can use.
I did not have serious problems winning battles with a certain type dragon, especially when I knew that in advance. The day before this quest I battle till the opponent is weak to the particular colour that I will have to use on the next day. My only fear is that there will be a tournament in the arena tomorrow that will make winning with a certain colour more difficult or even impossible.

Just remember you can use a dragon with the element in it just as well as a dragon with the color as a primary element and it'll count. Say you have to battle Apprentice in the arena but have to use a white dragon. We all know white is weak against purple so a dragon like Ice Giant or Light would be of no use. Using dragons like Never Ending (pink, white) or Jack (royal, white, blue) would prove far more effective plus it would count towards winning battles with white dragons as purple is weak against pink and royal.

Monichiwa
03-20-17, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know if I can start crafting a dragon before they ask me to? So I can have it on the nest when I get the 'Craft your Punk Dragon' quest. Thanks in advance :)

katali119
03-20-17, 09:35 AM
Normally, yes, no problem. And with Prankster I would think it will work fine, usually it does. However, as there seems to be a coding "error" on the punk favours, in that it gives you twice as many as you need, no. I crafted my punk dragon early, and had to put the second to craft before it would acknowledge.

katali119
03-20-17, 11:49 AM
Just realised Chapter 8 is a bit mean. You have to hatch 2 dragons in it, and unless you have more than 1 nest you can't get the Genie dragon in advance because you have to hatch the Prankster 1st :'(

rasike
03-20-17, 03:47 PM
Just realised Chapter 8 is a bit mean. You have to hatch 2 dragons in it, and unless you have more than 1 nest you can't get the Genie dragon in advance because you have to hatch the Prankster 1st :'(
It's very difficult to survive in the game with just one nest. I got my second nest very early.

FireballFarm
03-20-17, 05:28 PM
I just realized we have to feed Punk all the way up to level13 to get the second dragon...and I'm out. Smh.

Just looked at the task lists for the other recent DTs (I skipped most of those, entirely) and it looks like this extreme, early feeding has been going on for the past 2 or 3 DTs. :/ I guess upping the food requirement on the first dragon more quickly was S8's 'solution' for players like me who usually only play for the first two dragons. I have the food, but I have zero interest in using it on making a level 13 Punk dragon when I have a bunch of Champs (and other dragons I actually like) who still need to be fed up to level15. I would have liked a Prankster for breeding... oh, well.

The old standards of feeding the first dragon to level8 to reach the second was a much more reasonable requirement.
Both the first and second dragons still had to be fed up to level 13 to get the final dragon, so I can't help but think this was a purposely punitive change (or they thought those of us who only play for the first two dragons didn't have the food and would buy it. Lol!)

PinkBubbles75
03-20-17, 08:05 PM
When I first saw the grand prize, I thought was adorable & I was gonna participate but then I saw the dragons we needed to raise... the baby forms are cute (more so for prankster than punk) but I don't like their final forms much.. such a shame that the grand prize is so gorgeous while the other 2 are just...

Anyway I guess I'll sit this one out. My personal rule for participating in the tales is - if I like at least 2 of the 3 tales dragons, I'll do the event (how much of it I'll do depends on when I get the dragons I like). This one seems like a toughie, good luck to everyone participating!

AuroraLava
03-20-17, 09:23 PM
Yes, just start the second one crafting, they've mucked up lol. But it means you get two, so woo!

Those who got to craft two were lucky...I started the event yesterday (after 4pm sometime) and I only got ONE punk favor in chapter 1...so I guess they have removed that glitch.

Andro45
03-21-17, 12:06 AM
Does anybody know how much food is required to upgrade both dragons? I have been saving food since the last dragon tales, but I don't think I'll have enough for both. Ah well, another dragon tales I'm probably not going to finish. Not really encouraging and I lost my motivation for these tales a long time ago. :(

katali119
03-21-17, 04:13 AM
Does anybody know how much food is required to upgrade both dragons? I have been saving food since the last dragon tales, but I don't think I'll have enough for both. Ah well, another dragon tales I'm probably not going to finish. Not really encouraging and I lost my motivation for these tales a long time ago. :(

Usually around 340350 for both dragons.

katali119
03-21-17, 04:14 AM
Those who got to craft two were lucky...I started the event yesterday (after 4pm sometime) and I only got ONE punk favor in chapter 1...so I guess they have removed that glitch.

Oh, I'm glad I started early then, although, eventually one will just be sold for a measly 100 coins as Tales dragons are untradeable and eventually I won't have room for duplicates.

Analogutopia
03-21-17, 05:05 AM
Yes, this extreme feeding is a real problem for me as well. It gives me 0 motivation to finish past the first dragon. I also need to save food for my 2 champions (yay Mithril!) so sitting this one out as well...too bad.

AuroraLava
03-21-17, 05:50 AM
Oh, I'm glad I started early then, although, eventually one will just be sold for a measly 100 coins as Tales dragons are untradeable and eventually I won't have room for duplicates.

Ha ha I should have started early too...since I don't have enough food to make it to the final dragon and my phone was acting up. Plus, I was collecting coins and accidentally spent 500 gold upgrading a WHITE habitat (like I would EVER do that!!!!). I sent in a ticket and I am praying they refund me since this gold was so hard to come by.

Please Storm8 add a confirmation button for gold use!!!! I use my gold to buy premium habitats...was going to use it to get Mithril at the end since currently it would cost me 480 gold and I could reduce that with my last set of bombs...but oops the gold is gone. I really hope I get it back but it probably won't be in time to get Mithril.

PeppiVille
03-21-17, 06:03 AM
I'm a mid lvl player. Chapter 7, Act 4 says to Craft a Prankster. I only have 3 favors. I didn't skip anything and I rebooted the game. Still only 3 of the 4 required. Now what? :confused:

Edit: I found the link and submitted a problem ticket.

More than a little disappointed. I advanced because this is my first DT at the mid lvl and I heard we would have to advance past lvl 10 so to complete I had to expand, buy the noble tower, save an extra 60k food and now I can't finish. :(

krepsi66
03-21-17, 08:03 AM
I have to battle a level14 punk with a red type dragon. Have been stuck here for almost 2 days. Can't seem to beat this dragon at all!! Ready to quit this one. Very frustrating!

starship412
03-21-17, 08:19 AM
I have to battle a level14 punk with a red type dragon. Have been stuck here for almost 2 days. Can't seem to beat this dragon at all!! Ready to quit this one. Very frustrating!

You don't have to beat Punk with a red dragon, perse, you could use something like a Mage (white, yellow, red) to beat him and it'll still count.

Andro45
03-21-17, 08:25 AM
Thanks. This means I'm out...May be next time.

krepsi66
03-21-17, 09:02 AM
I keep trying different dragons with a red type (like a crusader) but I keep losing. None of mine are strong enough level I guess.

starship412
03-21-17, 09:07 AM
I keep trying different dragons with a red type (like a crusader) but I keep losing. None of mine are strong enough level I guess.

I'll take a look and see what dragons (that have red in them) are strong against Punk, then I'll edit this to give you options.

Try the following: Life, Explorer, Firegrass, Scandanavian, Skull, Snowball, Sour Candy, Stalagmite, Sparkler, Splatter, Super, Wreath, Courier, Bundled, Aladdin, Aboriginal, or Immovable.

Limequat
03-21-17, 09:22 AM

Two days is a long time to be stuck on that task. If you don't have red type dragons that are strong against Punk, you should just try defeating it with a dragon that does have a good chance of winning and then hope that the next dragon in the arena is one that your red types have a better chance of defeating.

krepsi66
03-21-17, 09:42 AM
I'll take a look and see what dragons (that have red in them) are strong against Punk, then I'll edit this to give you options.

Try the following: Life, Explorer, Firegrass, Scandanavian, Skull, Snowball, Sour Candy, Stalagmite, Sparkler, Splatter, Super, Wreath, Courier, Bundled, Aladdin, Aboriginal, or Immovable.

Thanks!! I will try these. Hopefully I have one that is a high enough level or strong enough to win😃

starship412
03-21-17, 10:06 AM
Thanks!! I will try these. Hopefully I have one that is a high enough level or strong enough to win��

Let me know how it works out for you.

elektraalpha
03-21-17, 10:36 AM
Late start and can't mine to finish the goal. Mining is expired.

katali119
03-21-17, 10:45 AM
Mining will be back in about 4 hours with a new dragon.

Corrilla
03-21-17, 01:24 PM
It means you mine for mithril or magma pieces. Once you get 4 pieces then the act is done.

I don't have anymore bombs...Says it's Expired & my Dynamite doesn't register..... HELP! I have restarted the game and my tablet as well.

Thanks in advance!

starship412
03-21-17, 01:28 PM
I don't have anymore bombs...Says it's Expired & my Dynamite doesn't register..... HELP! I have restarted the game and my tablet as well.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Corrilla, the mine will open back up in an hour and the Magma dragon will be introduced. When it opens, then you can finish the goal. Don't worry, you'll be able to finish that task soon :-)

Shewolf1953
03-21-17, 01:31 PM
They tell me to mine but there is nothing to mine. How can I complete a task if the mine is not open for mining??

starship412
03-21-17, 01:40 PM
They tell me to mine but there is nothing to mine. How can I complete a task if the mine is not open for mining??

They're in the middle of changing dragons for the mine. When that happens, the mines close for 4 hours. It'll be back open in less than an hour from now at 2:30pm Pacific Daylight Time.

maddylboudet
03-21-17, 01:55 PM

Thanks in advance!

I don't see a new dragon, my mine is closed, dynamite doesn't count... I opted for a late start but saw no warning that this would be an issue. Time is already so tight trying to finish these; I hate to be stuck on something so silly. Please help.

PeppiVille
03-21-17, 02:12 PM
I'm a mid lvl player. Chapter 7, Act 4 says to Craft a Prankster. I only have 3 favors. I didn't skip anything and I rebooted the game. Still only 3 of the 4 required. Now what? :confused:

Edit: I found the link and submitted a problem ticket.

More than a little disappointed. I advanced because this is my first DT at the mid lvl and I heard we would have to advance past lvl 10 so to complete I had to expand, buy the noble tower, save an extra 60k food and now I can't finish. :(
Request [] sent 8 hrs ago. No update. :(

kooky panda
03-21-17, 02:18 PM
Request [] sent 8 hrs ago. No update. :(
It can take support a while to respond to your ticket.

PeppiVille
03-21-17, 02:45 PM
It can take support a while to respond to your ticket.
Thank you for the feedback. For some reason I can't get in to see the ticket so I'm in the dark until it's resolved. Do you think it's possible there will still be time left to complete the DT event?

[S8] Elsa
03-21-17, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the feedback. For some reason I can't get in to see the ticket so I'm in the dark until it's resolved. Do you think it's possible there will still be time left to complete the DT event?

Looking into it right now.

EDIt: This is fixed now. :)

PeppiVille
03-21-17, 03:38 PM
Elsa, Thank you! Punkster is crafting. :)

Hartoled
03-21-17, 04:48 PM
Reading some of these posts, I decided to craft the second Punk. Bad karma to not accept a gift, I reckon. If one has that level 14 Ignis, that they had us evolve, it might take him on. (It has a flaming skull on it's shoulder, so it must be bad.)

I hate parting with my apples, but what else are you going to do for the next 10 days?

I knew that empty mine shaft would cause some grief. I really don't need more island parts. Gimme some food!

They aren't doing too badly, all things considered.

krepsi66
03-21-17, 05:04 PM

Let me know how it works out for you.

Finally!! Aladdin beat punk! Thanks for your help!!

starship412
03-21-17, 05:14 PM
Finally!! Aladdin beat punk! Thanks for your help!!

All right! Congratulations! I'm glad Aladdin worked for you!

themusicloverme
03-21-17, 09:54 PM

seriously?! that much food for TWO ugly dragons? thanks for answering someone else's question tho, now I know how much food goes to the drain with the two ugly tales dragons.

themusicloverme
03-21-17, 09:57 PM
When I first saw the grand prize, I thought was adorable & I was gonna participate but then I saw the dragons we needed to raise... the baby forms are cute (more so for prankster than punk) but I don't like their final forms much.. such a shame that the grand prize is so gorgeous while the other 2 are just...

Anyway I guess I'll sit this one out. My personal rule for participating in the tales is - if I like at least 2 of the 3 tales dragons, I'll do the event (how much of it I'll do depends on when I get the dragons I like). This one seems like a toughie, good luck to everyone participating!

I will now follow your rule for the dragon tales. I do not like how they let us waste precious food on two ugly dragons. sitting this one out and concentrating on hoarding food for the remaining days for future leaderboards.

Hartoled
03-21-17, 10:53 PM
Well, the Punk is cheaper to raise than my Oni Dragon. Too bad it's not as handsome, but it will fulfill a niche in my stables for that combination of colors.

lenasdinner
03-21-17, 11:32 PM
I notice that I can't asc for Air horn from neighburs anymore....is this just me(android), all players or what?
Also yesterday one neib ack me for small pearl gem,is this a new thing for IOS or all ..........I don't have it ,so.....

Hartoled
03-22-17, 08:54 AM
Looking at the merits of getting the Prankster Dragon, a black\pink\purple type, if one was even available to breed, due to the triple splitting threat, very few of us would ever be lucky enough to add it to our herds. IMO

Hartoled
03-22-17, 09:02 AM
Looking at the merits of getting the Prankster Dragon, a black\pink\purple type, if one was even available to breed, due to the triple splitting threat, very few of us would ever be lucky enough to add it to our herds. IMO

Argg! The forum is acting like the game now! Disregard

FireballFarm
03-22-17, 09:58 AM
Well, the Punk is cheaper to raise than my Oni Dragon. Too bad it's not as handsome, but it will fulfill a niche in my stables for that combination of colors.

I love the Oni Dragon! He's so fierce-looking! He should have been a Champion-type, imho. Finally epic'd mine about a month ago and admire him frequently (but, sadly, don't have much occasion to use him in the arena, though). :)

FireballFarm
03-22-17, 10:10 AM

Very true. Flamingo and Mask are darn near impossible to breed because of the pink and black splits, and I imagine adding an additional color to the mix would be a nightmare (I literally shed a tear when I finally bred a Mask, lol!). And don't get me started on the very-limited time Circuit...grrr. :D
Tossing Prankster in the den with Diamond or Quetzal could produce a lot of nice results, though. I still need a couple pink/purples, and the pink/diamond and black/diamond hybrids. And Anubis. Prankster would have been great for trying for all of those dragons at the same time. Sigh.

luckyaa7
03-22-17, 11:14 AM
Can we hatch punk ahead of time now? I know it didn't register for some people earlier. Thanks!!

AuroraLava
03-22-17, 11:16 AM

Argg! The forum is acting like the game now! Disregard

I was about to try to get Prankster when I read your post about the color combo...then realized I have Nightmare which is Black/Pink/Purple....so I guess I just need to feed mine and raise it so I can breed. Now I don't feel so bad. Good luck everyone.

[S8] Elsa
03-22-17, 11:22 AM
Can we hatch punk ahead of time now? I know it didn't register for some people earlier. Thanks!!

You could, but it's been fixed so you can only craft it when it's needed.

Den8137259
03-22-17, 03:57 PM
★ hi all, issit suddenly a challenge to obtain a Life Dragon? ★ I've been others except this common, it's ridiculous right? Or am I missing something? Any tricks to get a Life , other than a purchase? Ty :) ★

Den8137259
03-22-17, 03:58 PM

Hi (: I think you can get the egg ready but hatch when the goal calls for it to earn the points to move to next chapter (: ★

Ann255780
03-22-17, 05:11 PM
To katali119

I tried your breeding combo and it works. Yay Thank you:o

lnztrekfan
03-22-17, 06:18 PM
AuroraLava you may want to edit your first post. On chapter 2. You have it as a breed a Life Dragon when the step is actually breed WITH a Life dragon. It's a small thing but I was trying to breed a Life dragon instead of breeding with one. Until I finally did breed a Life and it didn't count! LOLS

Clark_Wayne
03-22-17, 07:01 PM
i can't believe it ! 3 days my baby account tried to hatch a Life (ch6) and it has only treefrog,firegrass,dino,explorer,.. not 1 single life dragon ! :mad:
this is a real bad thing to have 2 common green-red dragons !
or it is another way to force us to use our golds :mad:

Den8137259
03-22-17, 07:28 PM
i can't believe it ! 3 days my baby account tried to hatch a Life (ch6) and it has only treefrog,firegrass,dino,explorer,.. not 1 single life dragon ! :mad:

I got the same thing too! LIFE is no longer common, but super rare! ★

AuroraLava
03-22-17, 07:54 PM
AuroraLava you may want to edit your first post. On chapter 2. You have it as a breed a Life Dragon when the step is actually breed WITH a Life dragon. It's a small thing but I was trying to breed a Life dragon instead of breeding with one. Until I finally did breed a Life and it didn't count! LOLS

It says Breed Life with another, not breed Life.

Hartoled
03-22-17, 08:17 PM
The game is being incredibly stupid today. I can't get anything but rares and super rares unless there is nothing but a common with longer hours as an alternative. Not funny.

As an aside, I'm not sure if it's of any benefit but I tried to time the completion of my Day 4 tasks as my Island Maps got just high enough to expand. I figure, that if I waited any longer, they would subtract from the ones that I could get from my neighbors tomorrow. I'm never fully clear on where the 20 items per day rule comes into play.

serpentray
03-23-17, 03:23 AM
Very true. Flamingo and Mask are darn near impossible to breed because of the pink and black splits, and I imagine adding an additional color to the mix would be a nightmare (I literally shed a tear when I finally bred a Mask, lol!). And don't get me started on the very-limited time Circuit...grrr. :D
Tossing Prankster in the den with Diamond or Quetzal could produce a lot of nice results, though. I still need a couple pink/purples, and the pink/diamond and black/diamond hybrids. And Anubis. Prankster would have been great for trying for all of those dragons at the same time. Sigh.

Can anyone tell me how much food it takes to bring Punk from Level 8 up to Level 11 and to Level 13? I would like the Prankster dragon as I don't have a good Black/Pink dragon and I'd like one for battling yellow types (and for more breeding possibilities like #FireballFarm states). I'm ok going through Chapter 5 getting Punk to Lev 8, particularly as the prize of 4000 apples pays for some of getting Punk to this point. Knowing the food requirements (or gold as I currently only have 100k apples) to get Punk to 13 would better inform my decision on whether it's worth going for Prankster or not.

Thanks!

jjblueyes
03-23-17, 03:23 AM
I can't seem to find where I can ask for air horns? I keep getting requests for them so I'm guessing you can still ask for them.....

Den8137259
03-23-17, 06:09 AM
★ another round of breeding , still no sign of LIFE !! ★

rado_nik
03-23-17, 06:29 AM
★ another round of breeding , still no sign of LIFE !! ★

In this case I always try Life(or other Green-Red combo) with Diamond - results are better. When breed Red-Green combo results are 7: Dino, Explorer, Firegrass, Landworm, Life, Tree Frog, Wild. When try Red-Green with Diamond results are 8, but 2 are Ultra Rare: Crusader, Quetzal, and other: Explorer, Firegrass, Landworm, Life, Tree Frog, Wild

katali119
03-23-17, 06:41 AM
Can anyone tell me how much food it takes to bring Punk from Level 8 up to Level 11 and to Level 13? I would like the Prankster dragon as I don't have a good Black/Pink dragon and I'd like one for battling yellow types (and for more breeding possibilities like #FireballFarm states). I'm ok going through Chapter 5 getting Punk to Lev 8, particularly as the prize of 4000 apples pays for some of getting Punk to this point. Knowing the food requirements (or gold as I currently only have 100k apples) to get Punk to 13 would better inform my decision on whether it's worth going for Prankster or not.

Thanks!

It takes about 170,000 to raise each of the tales dragons to level 13, and most of that will be the higher levels. So you'll probably need the best part of that still to raise punk from 8 - 13.

heather11778
03-23-17, 09:24 AM
Man I just spent gold to hatch my punk dragon and my punk dragon has disappeared. Wth. I wsnt it back or my gold. I mean seriously.

kooky panda
03-23-17, 10:04 AM
Man I just spent gold to hatch my punk dragon and my punk dragon has disappeared. Wth. I wsnt it back or my gold. I mean seriously.
Please try restarting your game to see if he shows up. If not please Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.com (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us)
and send me your support ticket number by private message.

[S8] Elsa
03-23-17, 10:21 AM

Hrm...did it go to a habitat? You have 2 of them. :)

lnztrekfan
03-23-17, 04:08 PM
It says Breed Life with another, not breed Life.

My apologies! I must have read it completely wrong! Have a great day!

JustKay
03-23-17, 04:38 PM
I can't seem to find where I can ask for air horns? I keep getting requests for them so I'm guessing you can still ask for them.....

Go to the craft shop and go down to an item that requires Air horns to craft. A yellow Ask button will be there which takes you to the neighbour selection screen. This is a bit strange they included this in, as it basically makes the Airhorn getting quest almost completely useless (beyond one goal).

saghaven
03-23-17, 10:31 PM
Would trading a Life dragon get me a small green gem? Does it have to be a Rare to get a gen or will commons do it too? I definitely don't want to trade my harder bred green dragons and trying for a rare green may take too long. Nothing in storage is a duplicate green either.

Den8137259
03-23-17, 10:55 PM
In this case I always try Life(or other Green-Red combo) with Diamond - results are better.

I would without hesitation, rado_nik, if there are no concurrent Battle Arena Tourney alongside with this event. Cos i might breed an impossible diamond-breed and the poor diamond is stuck on nest, and can't be used for a battle!

Anyway I am a sucker and had this LIFE stage cleared with 24 pieces of GOLD! Well done S8! ★

JustKay
03-23-17, 11:07 PM
Would trading a Life dragon get me a small green gem? Does it have to be a Rare to get a gen or will commons do it too? I definitely don't want to trade my harder bred green dragons and trying for a rare green may take too long. Nothing in storage is a duplicate green either.

Commons may be able to net you a green gem (one of their colours). A Life dragon may give you a red or green gem. It's "random" as random can get when you have one of these goals... I personally wouldn't chance it as any attempt is basically a 6 hour fail on that goal. Better than nothing, but only if you can spare the time.

Something to consider is the trade off between a Rare dragon you can still try to rebreed again versus failing the Tales goal line and not getting an ultra rare if you don't complete the goals in time.

I have a Pinata dragon sitting ready that I don't feel particularly attached to.

Hartoled
03-23-17, 11:12 PM

Commons are a tossup. You need a rare to nail it. I got caught short, also. I'm planning on sacrificing my Loch Ness (4 Hours), if nothing better comes up. I'm breeding for a Fruitful in Adventure Leagues in the morning, so, if my luck is typical, I'll get Cactus, Druid, Fairytale, Nymph, or anything but another Loch Ness or the Fruitful. :/ Cactus wouldn't be bad. Only 5 hours,I think. You can do it!

jjblueyes
03-24-17, 09:13 AM
Go to the craft shop and go down to an item that requires Air horns to craft. A yellow Ask button will be there which takes you to the neighbour selection screen. This is a bit strange they included this in, as it basically makes the Airhorn getting quest almost completely useless (beyond one goal).

That's where I looked day one because that's how the lotus parts are requested. My spot shows "buy all 15"
No ask anywhere.36299

jjblueyes
03-24-17, 09:19 AM

My boys island bred red/green and a few tries in got tree frog. Also wild should work with that combo. I had a sweater dragon in storage -2 actually and I already have one on the island so I traded that. Good luck.

LavaMagic
03-24-17, 10:27 AM
That's where I looked day one because that's how the lotus parts are requested. My spot shows "buy all 15"
No ask anywhere.36299

I had the ask button before, but it has disappeared. Mine looks like yours now. I guess they took it away.

saghaven
03-24-17, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm evolving the Life I bred to see if it'll work. If not, I have a bunch of yellow/green hybrids I'm not super attached to and can probably get again eventually just through regular breeding. The Genie for the next step is already sitting on the nest so I have time to try for the green gem.

jjblueyes
03-24-17, 11:01 AM
I had the ask button before, but it has disappeared. Mine looks like yours now. I guess they took it away.

Seems so

crashau
03-24-17, 11:09 AM
Why is the ability to ask neighbors for air horns gone from the craft shop? This Tales has been changed several times for those of us that waited for the auto start, are we being penalized now?

Hartoled
03-24-17, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm evolving the Life I bred to see if it'll work. If not, I have a bunch of yellow/green hybrids I'm not super attached to and can probably get again eventually just through regular breeding. The Genie for the next step is already sitting on the nest so I have time to try for the green gem.

As for that Green Gem, I was trying to breed the Life Dragon, using my lowest level Forest and Fire dragons, so, of course, I got a Landworm. I'll be trading that one, when the time comes. I just paid the 24 bars and skipped over the half dozen Firegrass and sundry fails that I could see coming with this task.

Oops! Just remembered that Landworm will give me large gems. Sigh....

katali119
03-24-17, 12:36 PM
I had a genie and a life egg sitting on a nest for 6 flipping days. I got credit for the life dragon yesterday and expect to do so for the genie tomorrow, as the task is to hatch them, not breed them.

Hartoled
03-24-17, 12:57 PM
I had a genie and a life egg sitting on a nest for 6 flipping days. I got credit for the life dragon yesterday and expect to do so for the genie tomorrow, as the task is to hatch them, not breed them.

312 hours of nest time. You really showed them!

JustKay
03-24-17, 01:28 PM

Lol, you really really can't take any chances with Tales :D I too have had a life and genie I managed to breed at the end of the last bingo round. Luckily I have 4 nests so have still been able to keep breeding.

FieldsLikeB
03-24-17, 01:59 PM
How come people can request air horns from me but I have no way in my craft shop to ask? Only ask button I have is for Lotuses. Please help I'm stuck.

leo2010leo
03-24-17, 04:14 PM
Please help! How many apples do we need to feed the Prankster frol lvl 7 to lvl 13? I just want to know wether I've got any hope to complete the Tales...

Hartoled
03-24-17, 04:20 PM
Please help! How many apples do we need to feed the Prankster frol lvl 7 to lvl 13? I just want to know wether I've got any hope to complete the Tales...

Den8137259
03-24-17, 05:46 PM
Hi all, is this a newly-introduced bonus for the event? ★ that we could make a second Punk or would the materials be needed for another downstream event task? ★ lmk ty (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7uXgwnVYAA28FC.jpg

// okie just saw (: ty ★

//

lnztrekfan
03-24-17, 08:07 PM
How come people can request air horns from me but I have no way in my craft shop to ask? Only ask button I have is for Lotuses. Please help I'm stuck.

I don't have that option either but was asked by my neighbors for them. I had to do the quest to get an airhorn.

AuroraLava
03-24-17, 08:29 PM

From what I've read when you send requests only 20 actually make it to neighbors and the rest roll over to the next day and so on. So if someone requested from 50 people on Sunday then it will keep sending on Monday, Tuesday etc. So those you are seeing now are from when people could still request and they started the Tale early. Now the glitch is fixed so you can't send requests any more..but the old ones are still coming in from people. I hope I explained that correctly.

jjblueyes
03-24-17, 11:59 PM
From what I've read when you send requests only 20 actually make it to neighbors and the rest roll over to the next day and so on. So if someone requested from 50 people on Sunday then it will keep sending on Monday, Tuesday etc. So those you are seeing now are from when people could still request and they started the Tale early. Now the glitch is fixed so you can't send requests any more..but the old ones are still coming in from people. I hope I explained that correctly.

I haven't requested anything from anyone in months. I'm fully expanded and I haven't seen the ask button at all since I started. I started it early and never saw anything besides the "buy all 15" button. No clue.

Hartoled
03-25-17, 01:03 AM
I didn't want a Virtue Dragon fail so I bred the Punk with a Virtue when the time came. Bad choice, unless you want a Diamond. Got 44 hours without any boosts at all. -_-

crashau
03-25-17, 01:34 AM

They apparently took the ability to ask for air horns away...

JustKay
03-25-17, 05:12 AM
They apparently took the ability to ask for air horns away...

Maybe they were testing a new feature, possibly for use in future Tales. Just road testing it in the greater population.

Or maybe they have some one new doing the event configuration and they got a few settings wrong on their first time.

katali119
03-25-17, 06:22 AM
312 hours of nest time. You really showed them!

I'm confused? I lost about 12 hours of breeding time when I also had a magic egg hatching for bingo, but other than that I lost nothing? The nest aren't earning me any points for anything and cost me no gold, why would I take the chance of not being able to breed them later when I want them?

jjblueyes
03-25-17, 08:01 AM
I'm confused? I lost about 12 hours of breeding time when I also had a magic egg hatching for bingo, but other than that I lost nothing? The nest aren't earning me any points for anything and cost me no gold, why would I take the chance of not being able to breed them later when I want them?

You play how you want to. It's your game. However you decide to do your tales is perfectly fine. I hold eggs all the time if im lucky enough to Breed what I need early. Good luck finishing!

viridium
03-25-17, 12:43 PM
Why is DS constantly doing rip offs and clones from real things?Those new DT is just a bad rip off from some FF about bowser and his bad guys sitting in hell or anywhere else doing pranks on each other even they reminds me too much of them ....
Only the imp dragon doesn't really reflects it but why is DS doing so much real life things clones? Do they want to get more dragons than pokemon?Which is already reached.
Why is no one ever criticising that fact,I feel so alone with my friends over this.

I cannot wait to see a Sonic and Robotnik based dragon with a silly Amy in it ,I can't even wait for the pikachu dragon.
* so much sarcasm in one sentence that even all those sarcastic Dragons jump off from the Island without any notice and die in their hate against the caretaker *

MaribouMay
03-25-17, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know the minimum level required for Storybook?

Hartoled
03-25-17, 07:30 PM
Why is DS constantly doing rip offs and clones from real things?Those new DT is just a bad rip off from some FF about bowser and his bad guys sitting in hell or anywhere else doing pranks on each other even they reminds me too much of them ....
Only the imp dragon doesn't really reflects it but why is DS doing so much real life things clones? Do they want to get more dragons than pokemon?Which is already reached.
Why is no one ever criticising that fact,I feel so alone with my friends over this.

I cannot wait to see a Sonic and Robotnik based dragon with a silly Amy in it ,I can't even wait for the pikachu dragon.
* so much sarcasm in one sentence that even all those sarcastic Dragons jump off from the Island without any notice and die in their hate against the caretaker *

I'm sure that I don't know what you mean. My Headless Dragon named Eddard claims to be totally original in concept.

Den8137259
03-25-17, 10:29 PM
★ anyone tried using Punk to battle in the Tourney? Issit a wasted attempt or pay the stage with gems? ★

JetteG
03-26-17, 12:02 AM
As to air horns...
As long as I had enough air horns in storage for any task, then the ask button was gone. Then I crafted
the pie thing. As I didn't have enough air horn anymore, the ask button was there again.
That's how it was for me.
Good luck everyone

03-26-17, 01:23 AM
I finished the glider tournament couple of days ago, may be the regular battles are easier, I just won three battles with my Lv13 punk dragon without spending any gold. Good luck everyone!

Den8137259
03-26-17, 02:20 AM
I finished the glider tournament couple of days ago, may be the regular battles are easier, I just won three battles with my Lv13 punk dragon without spending any gold. Good luck everyone!

★ ooo ty 005004, I'll try Punk for regular battles :) ★

// afternote:

Cleared round 3 of 3 ☻ ty ☻

// on hindsight:

I don't feel elated finishing the Storybook goals this time round.. it was fraught with multiple hurdles and anxiety over concurrent Tourney and other S8 game, notably Castle Story. Games of social nature should be fun, but S8 has seemed to missed this point. ★

My few gems thoughts .. (: ★

Corrilla
03-26-17, 07:40 AM
Thanks!

katali119
03-26-17, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know the minimum level required for Storybook?

15 I think.

winglvr
03-26-17, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know in Chapter 10 if you can start crafting the Laughing Rock before you reach that step? Or do we have to wait and not craft it until we reach that step? thanks.

pepleigh
03-26-17, 02:12 PM
I crafted the Laughing Rock ahead of time (like we normally can do) and it didn't accept it, I swiped off and back on and nothing. I've already got Magma crafting, so can't start crafting anything for 36 hours. I've sent a ticket in to support, but doubt anything will be done in time so I can finish the last act of chapter 10. SO NOT RIGHT

winglvr
03-26-17, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reply I am sorry that happened. I think I will wait to craft it although I am still finishing tourney. have to then try to do all of Chapter 10 before the deadline and without using gold. Not sure I'll make it.

starship412
03-26-17, 02:51 PM
I started crafting mine before chapter 10 but didn't tap on it until the act asked for it.

starship412
03-26-17, 02:52 PM
Imp on nest...36318

LavaMagic
03-26-17, 05:52 PM
As to air horns...
As long as I had enough air horns in storage for any task, then the ask button was gone. Then I crafted
the pie thing. As I didn't have enough air horn anymore, the ask button was there again.
That's how it was for me.
Good luck everyone

Not for me. I had it, still need it, but it disappeared.

JustKay
03-26-17, 06:19 PM

★ ooo ty 005004, I'll try Punk for regular battles :) ★

// afternote:

Cleared round 3 of 3 ☻ ty ☻

// on hindsight:

I don't feel elated finishing the Storybook goals this time round.. it was fraught with multiple hurdles and anxiety over concurrent Tourney and other S8 game, notably Castle Story. Games of social nature should be fun, but S8 has seemed to missed this point. ★

My few gems thoughts .. (: ★

Same here. I got through with only one loss to a Quartz 14, but didn't have much downtime since my 2nd level1 Punk rained vengeance soon after that loss. You don't wanna cross sistas!

Was lucky as I got Kitsune 12 and Gemstone 10 so were easy opponents.

ghostiemom
03-26-17, 08:58 PM
SO frustrated!!!! Trying to breed stupid life dragon, have gotten three Landworms, a Wild, and now another 6 hours in the den. Really, when else can we breed 4 super rares in a row??? SCAM

deadpixel
03-26-17, 10:49 PM
SO frustrated!!!! Trying to breed stupid life dragon, have gotten three Landworms, a Wild, and now another 6 hours in the den. Really, when else can we breed 4 super rares in a row??? SCAM

Ha! You need to read my recent post over at the Adventure League Bingo thread about my suspicions that TL/S8 may have tweaked the breeding chances for dragons like Life, Fuzzy, Hermes, Hercules.

These are common dragons that bingo players have to breed as part of their tasks for a bingo. The thing is that seasoned bingo players would often refresh difficult breeding tiles like those of Rainbow, Cosmic, Royal, Virture, etc. for easier ones like Life and Hercules. These were easy to breed and had short breeding times. To make players spend more gold, they made the ones with Long waiting times easier to get. Of course the catch is that these dragons like Firegrass, Explorer, Wild, Landworm, Artemis and a bunch of others that have suddenly become so easy to breed are useless for bingo players because you aren't expected to breed any of them. To breed WITH them yes but not to breed any of their eggs.

It used to be that 90% of the times when you popped a White and Green dragon into the dens you'd get a Fuzzy (8 hours) but these days you're more likely to see Pegasus (26 hours) coming out. In the last bingo event I got 3 Pegasuses in a row while trying for a Fuzzy. In the last two days, I got 4 Firegrass, 2 Wilds and 2 Explorers one after another while trying for a Life in the Breeding Den. Over at the Breeding Roost, I got 3 Artemises while trying for a Hermes.

I could put it all down to "good" luck but I've never been that lucky.

geoffreydahmer
03-26-17, 11:15 PM
I'm very disappointed act 4 of chapter 10 is to win 2 arena battles. I literally have ~10% win rate in the battle arena, and with less than 1 hour left I am still 0/2. I finished act 3 with 10 hours to spare and have lost every. Single. Time. I can't believe I worked everyday to keep up with this event and even with more than enough time to finish, I just fail miserably.

I guess I'm not getting my Imp Dragon. And I think I'm done spending anymore money on this game.

katali119
03-27-17, 05:20 AM
Woo, Imp dragon on nest, no gold spent :D You know what would be great, s8? If that final breeding task, when you breed the two tales dragons together, automatically gave a super rare result :) I have 10 hours, could be Coral, or Paradise, or Messenger or Quicksilver. It's going to be Coral.

ghostiemom
03-27-17, 06:20 AM
Ha! You need to read my recent post over at the Adventure League Bingo thread about my suspicions that TL/S8 may have tweaked the breeding chances for dragons like Life, Fuzzy, Hermes, Hercules.

These are common dragons that bingo players have to breed as part of their tasks for a bingo. The thing is that seasoned bingo players would often refresh difficult breeding tiles like those of Rainbow, Cosmic, Royal, Virture, etc. for easier ones like Life and Hercules. These were easy to breed and had short breeding times. To make players spend more gold, they made the ones with Long waiting times easier to get. Of course the catch is that these dragons like Firegrass, Explorer, Wild, Landworm, Artemis and a bunch of others that have suddenly become so easy to breed are useless for bingo players because you aren't expected to breed any of them. To breed WITH them yes but not to breed any of their eggs.

It used to be that 90% of the times when you popped a White and Green dragon into the dens you'd get a Fuzzy (8 hours) but these days you're more likely to see Pegasus (26 hours) coming out. In the last bingo event I got 3 Pegasuses in a row while trying for a Fuzzy. In the last two days, I got 4 Firegrass, 2 Wilds and 2 Explorers one after another while trying for a Life in the Breeding Den. Over at the Breeding Roost, I got 3 Artemises while trying for a Hermes.

I could put it all down to "good" luck but I've never been that lucky.
Oh yes! I've had two recent Pegasus as well. This morning's try for life (6th) try got me 8 hours. I refuse to use gold over this.

ghostiemom
03-27-17, 06:26 AM
Woo, Imp dragon on nest, no gold spent :D You know what would be great, s8? If that final breeding task, when you breed the two tales dragons together, automatically gave a super rare result :) I have 10 hours, could be Coral, or Paradise, or Messenger or Quicksilver. It's going to be Coral.

No way. It's clearly engineered that the only time we get anything good is when they require us to breed a common.

Hartoled
03-27-17, 11:21 AM
I needed a Fuzzy the other day and got 4 Stones, 2 Lorekeepers, and 2 Elders, before I could get the Fuzzy. So later I needed a Stone AND a Fuzzy to complete a Bingo Card. I thought I would be cagey and go for the Stone first, and just refresh the Fuzzy if it was stubborn. I got 6 Fuzzies and finally ended up refreshing the Stone. I'll never try for that dragon again.

Then there was that 44 hour Diamond I got from breeding the Punk, for the Tales, with a Virtue. I didn't even know that was a possible outcome.

FireballFarm
03-27-17, 11:37 AM

I've gotten 2 Quicksilvers this week (and subsequently crafted my first Quartz). :) Good luck!

maryamhjm
03-27-17, 11:50 AM
Me too , first I couldn't get to finish two battles with white dragon types as I was stuck on I stalwart lvl.17 for days and just waited the tournement out which finished this morning. And now I am stuck with hatching life dragon. Breeds so far: 3 firegrass, 3 Wild and 2 dino's(luckely I had a few boosts left from bingo)

Hartoled
03-27-17, 11:50 AM
I'm very disappointed act 4 of chapter 10 is to win 2 arena battles. I literally have ~10% win rate in the battle arena, and with less than 1 hour left I am still 0/2. I finished act 3 with 10 hours to spare and have lost every. Single. Time. I can't believe I worked everyday to keep up with this event and even with more than enough time to finish, I just fail miserably.

I guess I'm not getting my Imp Dragon. And I think I'm done spending anymore money on this game.

I have noticed that if I get stuck on an opponent in the Arena, I can often activate the "Win a Battle with a Music Dragon" and take him down fairly quickly. My poor Behemoth just sits by idly while Music gets all the glory, and I've never bothered to evolve my Music past adult.

You may need to prepare for future events a bit more before you are ready. I might suggest raising a Metal and some of the Olympus hybrids until you get some Guardians and other exotics. Learn which of the Olympus types give you advantages in certain situations, and you'll have some pretty good fighters.

ghostiemom
03-27-17, 02:20 PM
Oh yes! I've had two recent Pegasus as well. This morning's try for life (6th) try got me 8 hours. I refuse to use gold over this.

Attempts 7&8--4 hours and now 6 again. I am now 2 days behind in the Tales due to the inability to breed a stupid Life dragon.:mad: aaannnddd.....it's another 4 hours. Up to 9 tries.

katali119
03-28-17, 04:12 AM
I've gotten 2 Quicksilvers this week (and subsequently crafted my first Quartz). :) Good luck!

Wow! I got my expected Coral :(

docpaine
03-28-17, 05:54 AM
Probably the easiest Tales I've done... Got my Imp on the nest now, 100k food left over (should make rebuilding for the next one much easier!), only spent a tiny bit of freebie gold on battle arena because I didn't want to accidentally forget it and throw the entire thing off |D Looking quite forward to the next one... though I'm also looking forward to the next spin to win to build back up some coin and food lol

SassieNewf
03-28-17, 10:29 AM
Trying to get my prankster off nest. Need black habitat. Bought 3 times. .on 2 different versions of game..and even restarted phone..but the moment I place it the GAME SHUTS DOWN!!! Don't know what to do. I'd hate to lose all my progress :(

EDIT: Thank god for tenacity. 4th try decided to harvest and plant first to see if it would 'change' something and Presto ..It let me place it! Ughh

jbyn4e
03-28-17, 11:41 AM
^^
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87870-KNOWN-ISSUE-Crashing-when-placing-Habitats/page5

nukesters
03-28-17, 05:13 PM
Attempts 7&8--4 hours and now 6 again. I am now 2 days behind in the Tales due to the inability to breed a stupid Life dragon.:mad: aaannnddd.....it's another 4 hours. Up to 9 tries.

Yes I came to complain and have read all the posts. I refuse to be MANIPULATED by the people doing the coding. I have quit and will not do any more of these stories until they promise to stop doing it. My old dad who was a world war 2 vet so lived to see a lot, said the nimber one thing that will **** a business is greed.

DR0G0N
03-28-17, 05:17 PM
Like the rest of the peeps here...took several tries before I got life dragon. And the funny part was, I got 3 Firegrass as a fail. Lol...it's like this Dragon Tale is playing a joke on me. Greeeeeaaaaat....just Great.

[S8] Elsa
03-28-17, 05:17 PM
Yes I came to complain and have read all the posts. I refuse to be MANIPULATED by the people doing the coding. I have quit and will not do any more of these stories until they promise to stop doing it. My old dad who was a world war 2 vet so lived to see a lot, said the nimber one thing that will **** a business is greed.

We don't make any changes to breeding rules during events and we haven't made any changes to how breeding works in the game. The ability to breed Life Dragons has always been the same.

starship412
03-28-17, 06:12 PM
If the breeding requirement is causing so many problems then maybe it should be discontinued for future tales. I ran into the same problem with two of the previous tales and missed out on Glasswing and I forget the other one which caused me to quit them both. In this one it took me 9 tries to get Life yet, in non tales, it doesn't take me more than 2. I'm not saying there's for sure manipulation but 2 + 2 doesn't equal 9.

Hartoled
03-28-17, 08:17 PM
The Tree of Dragon Story must be watered with the blood of free players, from time to time. Without many failures, it's not likely that anybody would pay even the paltry sum of 24 gold bars to skip the Life Dragon in order to receive the Prankster and Imp Dragons. Thank you for your sacrifice and contribution to the health and longevity of the game.

deadpixel
03-28-17, 10:00 PM
The Tree of Dragon Story must be watered with the blood of free players, from time to time. Without many failures, it's not likely that anybody would pay even the paltry sum of 24 gold bars to skip the Life Dragon in order to receive the Prankster and Imp Dragons. Thank you for your sacrifice and contribution to the health and longevity of the game.

ROTFLMAOPIMP

That was awesome ;)

AwesomeChefDad
03-29-17, 01:20 PM
Yeah I am also stuck breeding Life like in the last event...going on 3 days but I wont pass it by using gold, no way.

And Elsa what you are not getting is that the game placed another common recently in the same pairing so it dramatically changed how difficult it is to breed a very simple common Life dragon.

Ive been getting tree frog and Dinos galore...which are lame and long breed times. If I dont pass by this then I dont and that is OK with me.

[S8] Elsa
03-29-17, 01:46 PM
If the breeding requirement is causing so many problems then maybe it should be discontinued for future tales. I ran into the same problem with two of the previous tales and missed out on Glasswing and I forget the other one which caused me to quit them both. In this one it took me 9 tries to get Life yet, in non tales, it doesn't take me more than 2. I'm not saying there's for sure manipulation but 2 + 2 doesn't equal 9.

I can look at it for you. What parents are you using?

LavaMagic
03-29-17, 02:23 PM
I traded a green type dragon and received a small emerald, but it did not count toward the goal.

[S8] Elsa
03-29-17, 02:30 PM
I traded a green type dragon and received a small emerald, but it did not count toward the goal.

Which Dragon did you trade?

LavaMagic
03-29-17, 03:33 PM
Elsa;1407852']Which Dragon did you trade?

A Poison.

JustKay
03-29-17, 03:55 PM

Did you start the trade before or after you got the goal? I'm not sure but maybe the logic won't count it unless you start the trade after you get the goal. Can anyone confirm how the logic works? I had a life in there pre-goal but got a red gem when I got the goal, so had to try with my pinata dragon for the green, so can't really confirm for myself.

[S8] Elsa
03-29-17, 04:14 PM
A Poison.

Poison Dragon is common. It gives you a chance to earn a small emerald, but doesn't guarantee it. It's possible that it gave you a different loot instead.

When I traded it worked when I received a small emerald. Can you try another Dragon?

njbhugjjgnj
03-29-17, 04:49 PM

Did you check how many small emerald's you have? If you have 99 it won't count toward the goal.

starship412
03-29-17, 07:12 PM
Elsa;1407841']I can look at it for you. What parents are you using?

Infinity + Life = Tree Frog
Diamond + Life = Landworm
Fire + Forest = Landworm
Diamond + Life = Explorer
Fire + Forest = Firegrass
Life + Forest = Wild
Wild + Life = Finally a Life Dragon

However, I've since finished this tales but the breeding a certain dragon task is just as frustrating as regular breeding, Elsa. I just find it weird that quite a few people have problems breeding a common dragon that usually shows up at least 3 times a week. It is a silver lining though, the fail times for that task aren't as high as when we had to breed a Charm for the Prime Arcane tales.

LavaMagic
03-29-17, 07:31 PM
Elsa;1407868']Poison Dragon is common. It gives you a chance to earn a small emerald, but doesn't guarantee it. It's possible that it gave you a different loot instead.

When I traded it worked when I received a small emerald. Can you try another Dragon?

It gave me a small emerald. I was very excited to finally get one. Then, it didn't count.

Did you start the trade before or after you got the goal? I'm not sure but maybe the logic won't count it unless you start the trade after you get the goal. Can anyone confirm how the logic works? I had a life in there pre-goal but got a red gem when I got the goal, so had to try with my pinata dragon for the green, so can't really confirm for myself.

I started it after. It took a few trades to finally get one.

Did you check how many small emerald's you have? If you have 99 it won't count toward the goal.

I have 32.

Hartoled
03-29-17, 11:24 PM
It gave me a small emerald. I was very excited to finally get one. Then, it didn't count.

Sounds like you got a raw deal. Not sure support is even capable of responding quickly enough to put you back on track. In your shoes, I think I'd gut it out and do whatever it took to get past it and finish the Story.

I got lucky and drew a Wild Dragon for some task I was doing, and it was a quick evolve-and-out-the-door.

I wish you better luck, further on.

catholicahafan
03-30-17, 12:20 AM
I've been working my backside off for 9 days but won't have enough food to raise prankster up to L13 These events are impossible without buying gold! It takes the fun out of doing them for me.

deadpixel
03-30-17, 12:24 AM
I've been working my backside off for 9 days but won't have enough food to raise prankster up to L13 These events are impossible without buying gold! It takes the fun out of doing them for me.

If you have any food growing boosts now would be a good time to use them for growing Upgrapes.

ahomeforme
03-30-17, 01:29 AM
I dislike having to win battle with certain dragon. It's a 2 hour spa time whenever you lost. For 3 battles, we could be set back 6-?? hours if it is not a win..... I really dislike it esp. it is for last day goal.

katali119
03-30-17, 04:18 AM

You really need to build your food stores up between tales, because it is very hard to grow enough food after they have started. They aren't impossible without gold though, I didn't use any gold to get through, but I had stored food up since the end of the last tales. The last 2 or 3 tales have required the same amount of food, 340,350 to complete, so I made sure I had enough food and never fed below that. Won't help for this tales, but could save you some stress/gold for the next one :)

catholicahafan
03-30-17, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the food amount. Hopefully S8 doesnt make it higher now that you gave the amount. I also noticed that unless you bred the life and genie dragons BEFORE you started the event, it was nearly impossible to breed them once you start their particular chapters. GRRRR! I love these events but they are frustrating for sure!

kooky panda
03-30-17, 09:31 AM

Are you sure it is small emerald and not a large one? They look very similar.

katali119
03-30-17, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the food amount. Hopefully S8 doesnt make it higher now that you gave the amount. I also noticed that unless you bred the life and genie dragons BEFORE you started the event, it was nearly impossible to breed them once you start their particular chapters. GRRRR! I love these events but they are frustrating for sure!

It's not a secret how much food it takes? Anyone who has played through them knows how much food the last several have taken.

Hartoled
03-30-17, 10:23 AM
The requirement for winning battles with a level 13 Punk, was no sweat. I just threw him up against whatever came, and he dominated.

The "Hatch a Life Dragon" is stupid difficult, even without the Story. I set aside the 24 gold for that, as soon as I saw it. The last Tales event, I learned my lesson the hard way on that dragon, so I'm not disputing it's weirdness. Righteous indignation at it is cold comfort when letting 10 days of work and two fine beasts slip through my hands.

I even resorted to skipping raising dragons to the highest levels, in some previous Tales, but I decided that gold would at least get me something if I bought food with it, if it was needed. Now I save up a ton of food in advance and resist the urge to feed other dragons before getting the Tales done.

I also suspend all questing, crafting and neighbor requests that are non-Tales related, if I suspect that any kind of bottleneck can occur.

For the most part, I try to set up every possible task in advance. The green gem and Genie dragon came easily, but not without preparation and experience on my side.

We all make our own little rules about how we want to play the game. I just find "Spend NO Gold" to be a bit restrictive and self-defeating. I will take a shot at doing a breeding, up to a point. After that, I abandon my immediate goal of even getting that dragon. There are a lot of dragons that I wish I had just bought outright, while they were discounted, instead of trying to breed them, but that is my own personal little point of pride...to breed what I get.

katali119
03-30-17, 11:48 AM
Preparation really does make all the difference.

DragonThruTime
03-30-17, 12:32 PM
The requirement for winning battles with a level 13 Punk, was no sweat. I just threw him up against whatever came, and he dominated

I am finding this step very difficult. My punk dragon is spending a lot of time in the healing spa. I agree with the person who said this kind of difficulty in a game takes the fun out of things....it does.

TwinkleTwiny
03-30-17, 01:37 PM
Hi, it is the first time that I encounter this problem and I hope you have some advice to give me :)
I have already crafted and placed the laughing rock, however, the task does not want to complete. I have restarted the game, force close etc, nothing works :/