PDA

View Full Version : Storybook: Tricky Rascals 3/17/2017

Pages : 1 [2]

DragonThruTime
03-30-17, 01:38 PM
I am finding this step very difficult. My punk dragon is spending a lot of time in the healing spa. I agree with the person who said this kind of difficulty in a game takes the fun out of things....it does.

And back to the healing spa he goes again. Freaking ridiculous!

[S8] Elsa
03-30-17, 01:47 PM
Hi, it is the first time that I encounter this problem and I hope you have some advice to give me :)
I have already crafted and placed the laughing rock, however, the task does not want to complete. I have restarted the game, force close etc, nothing works :/

The goal isn't retroactive.

TwinkleTwiny
03-30-17, 01:57 PM
Elsa;1408010']The goal isn't retroactive.

How come? :( the last crafthing item has always been retroactive ... thank you for your answer anyway

kooky panda
03-30-17, 02:29 PM
How come? :( the last crafthing item has always been retroactive ... thank you for your answer anyway
You can start crafting before you get the goal, but you cannot collect the item until after you get the goal.

DragonThruTime
03-30-17, 05:02 PM
What does this mean? I understand the 45 gold part but am not sure what 20px means. Also does the 45 gold apply to that step or is it per battle......ie. 135 gold for the 3 battles.

1. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches with an Punk Dragon. (Skip: 45Gold20px)

JustKay
03-30-17, 07:07 PM
What does this mean? I understand the 45 gold part but am not sure what 20px means. Also does the 45 gold apply to that step or is it per battle......ie. 135 gold for the 3 battles.

1. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches with an Punk Dragon. (Skip: 45Gold20px)

It's to skip the goal, ie. all three battles. A bargain if you're in the middle of a tough tourney. Am not sure about the px... maybe experience points as a reward?

DragonThruTime
03-30-17, 07:21 PM
It's to skip the goal, ie. all three battles. A bargain if you're in the middle of a tough tourney. Am not sure about the px... maybe experience points as a reward?

Ok, thanks JustKay. I believe that's what I'm going to do because my Punk dragon has turned out to be a miserable fighter. :rolleyes: I think he better stick to his pranks as a calling.

JustKay
03-30-17, 07:25 PM
We all make our own little rules about how we want to play the game. I just find "Spend NO Gold" to be a bit restrictive and self-defeating. I will take a shot at doing a breeding, up to a point. After that, I abandon my immediate goal of even getting that dragon. There are a lot of dragons that I wish I had just bought outright, while they were discounted, instead of trying to breed them, but that is my own personal little point of pride...to breed what I get.

I may not have spent money in game, but I've never had a "spend no gold" rule myself. While I have a steady supply from GPDs now, I can remember back when tournaments first started and it was hard since there was no info on type weaknesses and there were no all powerful Champions, and there was no gold supply from GPDs. Even with setting hourly alarms and not sleeping properly, I regularly budgeted in three ultimates to get through and win. I didn't always need it, and I fought hard to avoid the spend, but I was prepared to gold it if I was at risk of missing out on the prize. That was 90 gold I was willing to spend, with just maybe 15 gold back for specific tourney milestone prizes. 75 gold for an awesome tournament prize dragon was and still is a bargain! Even now for Tales, I am prepare to just spend gold to skip the final fight goal. 45 gold is a bargain for an Ultra Rare.

S8 have provided a small stipend through gifting, so if you gift regularly, over just this Tales event, you could have gotten 30 gold which you can spend however necessary to clear the really hard goals. If you've been saving regularly, you may have even more to make life easier.

JustKay
03-30-17, 07:29 PM
Ok, thanks JustKay. I believe that's what I'm going to do because my Punk dragon has turned out to be a miserable fighter. :rolleyes: I think he better stick to his pranks as a calling.

I don't think there's a tourney on... so if you have time, regular everyday ultimates cost only 12 gold. If you can wait the three hours, just fight 3 times and if you don't win on the second hit, use the ultimate. Worst case 36 gold spend.

DragonThruTime
03-30-17, 08:20 PM
I don't think there's a tourney on... so if you have time, regular everyday ultimates cost only 12 gold. If you can wait the three hours, just fight 3 times and if you don't win on the second hit, use the ultimate. Worst case 36 gold spend.

I have tried that more than once but it doesn't count as a battle won by the dragon specified in the tales. It just gives you a new dragon to try again. In this case, I have been trying steadily since this morning. Punk won one battle in all that time. He even lost the battles that showed a 75 or 80% chance of winning. Fighting apparently isn't one of his s****s.

Hartoled
03-30-17, 08:41 PM
I have tried that more than once but it doesn't count as a battle won by the dragon specified in the tales. It just gives you a new dragon to try again. In this case, I have been trying steadily since this morning. Punk won one battle in all that time. He even lost the battles that showed a 75 or 80% chance of winning. Fighting apparently isn't one of his s****s.

I'm not sure if I have ever used an Ultimate to satisfy a Tales Task, but I have used them to close out a few Bingo cards. I've never had an Ultimate fail to credit the required type, if I was using said type when I used the Ultimate. Just weird that it didn't work for you, if I am understanding what you're saying correctly.

I have noticed more than a few glitches in the game, lately. This is the first time that I notice the Special Quests and Crafting Items persisting after I completed the Tales. Also, I had a 3-way Bingo, yesterday, that only gave me 100 points. Last night my Gold reception came active an hour early, but didn't allow me to gift yet.

JustKay
03-30-17, 08:52 PM

Ok, every program has the potential for glitches, esp since this battle with a specific type goal is relatively new. Maybe make sure you have the latest version of the game app just in case it's related to an old version of the code. If 45 gold buys you peace of mind, go right ahead. As I said before, it's a bargain for an ultra rare.

DragonThruTime
03-31-17, 02:44 AM
Ok, every program has the potential for glitches, esp since this battle with a specific type goal is relatively new. Maybe make sure you have the latest version of the game app just in case it's related to an old version of the code. If 45 gold buys you peace of mind, go right ahead. As I said before, it's a bargain for an ultra rare.

Yes, you understood what I was trying to say and yes my game is updated to the latest version. I did go ahead and skip it with the gold as it was crawling onto midnight here and I had to get to bed.....not to mention I was totally frustrated with the game and even contemplated deleting the app. lol. Thanks for trying to help JustKay. I appreciate it.

DR0G0N
03-31-17, 02:57 AM
So I manage to finish with about 10 hours to spare. Even started 2 - 3 days late. Didn't breed my Life and Genie beforehand. Everything ran smoothly except the hiccup with hatching a life dragon (took maybe 6-7 fails). No boost/gold needed. The win the 3 battle with Punk dragon took maybe 3 minutes to do (used the watch ads to speed and at this point your Punk dragon should be level 13 for high level players). This was done after the tourney has ended.

So I would say this Tale was doable, not too bad. No preparation was needed except stocking up food (had close to 3 million at that point since I didn't participate in the last two events b/c my vacation comes first ;P ).

Hope everyone got their dragons to those who were participating~

LavaMagic
03-31-17, 06:28 AM
Sounds like you got a raw deal. Not sure support is even capable of responding quickly enough to put you back on track. In your shoes, I think I'd gut it out and do whatever it took to get past it and finish the Story.

I got lucky and drew a Wild Dragon for some task I was doing, and it was a quick evolve-and-out-the-door.

I wish you better luck, further on.

Yes. I did, but it's not the first time. I traded another dragon and it counted this time. Thanks! :)

Are you sure it is small emerald and not a large one? They look very similar.

I'm sure it was a small one. A Poison doesn't give a large.

maryamhjm
03-31-17, 11:17 AM
Yes, you understood what I was trying to say and yes my game is updated to the latest version. I did go ahead and skip it with the gold as it was crawling onto midnight here and I had to get to bed.....not to mention I was totally frustrated with the game and even contemplated deleting the app. lol. Thanks for trying to help JustKay. I appreciate it.

Me too had problems winning battles with this dragon, a totally worthless dragon to battle and wasted all that food on it. I won 1, and finished 2 battles with ultimate( 2x12 gold) which is cheaper than skipping for 45 gold.

SassieNewf
03-31-17, 03:22 PM
Thanks much!! Prob started again. Downloading that version now. Here's hoping!

SassieNewf
03-31-17, 03:25 PM
^^
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87870-KNOWN-ISSUE-Crashing-when-placing-Habitats/page5

Thanks much!! Prob just started again. Downloading now. Here's hoping! :)