PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day Event - Mar 16, 2017

Rynetory2
03-16-17, 05:57 AM
The Lucky Pot turns into and remains as a decoration after the event.

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/IMG_2827_zpslo9fn90c.jpeg

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248488&viewfull=1#post1248488

Getting Started
1. Buy a Lucky Pot from the Marget to start collecting Golden Horseshoes
2. Send deliveries to earn upgrade parts like Celtic Knots, Leprechaun Flutes and Lucky Stones
3. Upgrade your Lucky Pot with these parts to earn higher amount of Golden Horseshoes
4. Collect Golden Horseshoes to unlock awesome prizes

Event Prizes
Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Green Silo skin : 100 golden horseshoes
Second Prize: Green Barn skin : 450 golden horseshoes
Third Prize: Green Farmhouse skin : 1,000 golden horseshoes
Fourth Prize: Rainbow Pot of Gold (animated) : 2,500 golden horseshoes
Fifth Prize: Lucky setters (pet) : 4,200 golden horseshoes

Community Prizes:
(unlocks at 500 - meaning once you have collected 500 golden horseshoes, you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Irish Boots Vase x3 : 50,000,000 golden horseshoes
Second Prize: Lucky Garden Hat x3 : 200,000,000 golden horseshoes
Third Prize: Prize name : 500,000,000 golden horseshoes
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Please take note that we can discard event items in our shops to free barn space. We won't be able buy them.
Refer here (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248494&viewfull=1#post1248494) on how to discard item.

Upgrade Information
There are altogether 15 stages. Collection interval is 3 hrs for all stages.
Stage 1 gives 4 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 2 requires 2 of each upgrade part - gives 8 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 3 requires 2 of each upgrade part - gives 12 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 4 requires 3 of each upgrade part - gives 16 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 5 requires 4 of each upgrade part - gives 20 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 6 requires 6 of each upgrade part - gives 24 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 7 requires 8 of each upgrade part - gives 28 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 8 requires 10 of each upgrade part - gives 32 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 9 requires 13 of each upgrade part - gives 36 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 10 requires 17 of each upgrade part - gives 40 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 11 requires 22 of each upgrade part - gives 44 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 12 requires 28 of each upgrade part - gives 48 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 13 requires 34 of each upgrade part - gives 52 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 14 requires 42 of each upgrade part - gives 56 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 15 requires 50 of each upgrade part - gives 60 golden horseshoes

To see which stage your event building is at, click on the it and a caption will appear at the bottom right of your screen. To upgrade your event building, click on it and click [Upgrade] button at the bottom of your screen.

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for World Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248488&viewfull=1#post1248488) on how event boosts work. Do note that these boosts are good for one time use only.
Deluxe Leprechaun Trap (50 gems)
Leprechaun Trap (2,500 coins)

Goals
You get the St. Patrick's baby cow skin for completing these goals.

Goal 1: With Luck On Your Side
Purchase the Lucky Pot x1 (900 coins)
Send deliveries x3
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 2
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps

Goal 2
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 3

Goal 3
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 4

Goal 4
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 5

Goal 5
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 6

Goal 6
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 7

Goal 7
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 8

Goal 8
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 9

Goal 9
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 10

Goal 10
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 11

Goal 11
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 12

Goal 12
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 13

Goal 13
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 14

Goal 14
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 15
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps, St. Patrick's baby cow skin

BatCrzy2
03-16-17, 04:10 PM
I wish this would of started weeks ago!

judyandthecat
03-16-17, 04:50 PM
I wish this would of started weeks ago!

I totally agree 26 days takes us to April 13th which is the day before Good Friday.
St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow not 26 days from now ...

kirsty050
03-16-17, 04:54 PM
Has any1 tried selling the gold coins? Im not spending all my money on the leprechaun traps and my shop wont let me sell them so theyre just useless items in my barn :(

mearro
03-16-17, 05:26 PM
I know it was an error but I saw at first 900 gold cowbells for the pot, nope, but yeah it's just in coins. 26 days, too long, it's another pass for me. Good luck to those participating!

justmine2
03-16-17, 05:43 PM
Can someone explain the trap? A friend bought one and said she used a gold coin on it and now has to wait 4 hours..... what does it give? Is it a one time use?

judyandthecat
03-16-17, 06:31 PM
Can someone explain the trap? A friend bought one and said she used a gold coin on it and now has to wait 4 hours..... what does it give? Is it a one time use?

You set the trap by placing a gold coin in it.
In three hours you will collect random parts for upgrading your pot of gold or horseshoes or ?
Until players report what they receive ....
It is a one time use trap.
But it is a way to get rid of gold coins stored in the barn.

BatCrzy2
03-16-17, 06:38 PM
I totally agree 26 days takes us to April 13th which is the day before Good Friday.

Maybe we'll get Easter decorations in time for the 4th of July! :D

olcastle
03-16-17, 09:08 PM
Does fully upgraded Lucky Pot drop something useful like last year or just a deco after the event?
I'm trying to decide if I want to participate...

HappyKampers
03-16-17, 09:28 PM
Cannot sell gold coins nor any random parts for upgrading pot of gold. I am not participating in this event and am receiving these from deliveries. Cannot sell any of them. So do we not play for 26 days?

ethan1brothers
03-16-17, 10:12 PM
is this just for ios ? or android also ?

FunkyJM
03-17-17, 12:28 AM
is this just for ios ? or android also ?

Hi :)

I checked on my Android but no event on there so I guess only for iOS :eek:

jed1066
03-17-17, 01:26 AM
I went to the market to buy the lucky pot started to drag to my farm then looked and it was the trap for 50 gems �� I was so annoyed .
I had the lucky coins so put one in and collected after time had gone by and the trap disappeared. What a disastrous mistake to make .
To add insult to injury drops of upgrade parts are not very many either to upgrade lucky pot . So what is meant to be a lucky event has not been so lucky for me .
Happy St Patrick's Day !!!!! To everyone who are celebrating

FunkyJM
03-17-17, 01:57 AM
Upgrades of the Lucky Pot

You will start with being able to collect 4 Golden Horseshoes from your Lucky Pot every three hours.

!!!When upgrading your Lucky Pot, your timer will reset. So check you timer to see how long you have to your next collection because you might want to wait to upgrade until after you collect your Golden Horseshoes!!!

Upgrade to level 2
Requires: 2 Leprechaun Flute, 2 Lucky Stone, 2 Celtic Knot
You will be able to collect: 8 Golden Horseshoes every 3 hours

Upgrade to level 3
Requires: 2 Leprechaun Flute, 2 Lucky Stone, 2 Celtic Knot
You will be able to collect: 12 Golden Horseshoes every 3 hours

Upgrade to level 4
Requires: 3 Leprechaun Flute, 3 Lucky Stone, 3 Celtic Knot
You will be able to collect: 16 Golden Horseshoes every 3 hours

Upgrade to level 5
Requires: 4 Leprechaun Flute, 4 Lucky Stone, 4 Celtic Knot
You will be able to collect: 20 Golden Horseshoes every 3 hours

Upgrade to level 6
Requires: 6 Leprechaun Flute, 6 Lucky Stone, 6 Celtic Knot
You will be able to collect: 24 Golden Horseshoes every 3 hours

Upgrade to level 7
Requires: ? Leprechaun Flute, ? Lucky Stone, ? Celtic Knot
You will be able to collect: ? Golden Horseshoes every 3 hours

Alida2014
03-17-17, 01:59 AM
Cannot sell gold coins nor any random parts for upgrading pot of gold. I am not participating in this event and am receiving these from deliveries. Cannot sell any of them. So do we not play for 26 days?

This is the reason why I will skip this event.
I had tested if I could sell the event items. Can not.
We already had an event, where the sale of event items was made impossible. Everyone complained about how full the barn was. And now the same thing.
I do not want to have filled my Barn with event items for 26 days.
I am very glad that I "only" the gold pot for 900 coins have bought. More I will not invest for this event

mearro
03-17-17, 02:16 AM
If you don't want to participate in the event, don't do deliveries for 26 days, continue crafting items, feeding your animals and keep selling. That's what I do till a worthy event comes up.

lsloman
03-17-17, 03:43 AM
What am I going to do with all these gold coins??? At least make that for sale! 2500 coins for traps is too expensive! I can't get rid of them...If your not going to allow us to share our items in this SOCIAL game, let us discard items. OR don't let them count in our barns!!!������

darkmornings
03-17-17, 06:49 AM
Strangely enough, I am admittedly a gem spender. I have received 0 coins, no need to buy a value pack or even just a leprechaun trap. I am 1 item short of items to upgrade to lvl 2. No gems spent yet. With 25 days, I have plenty of time to see how it all works out.

MiniKingdom2015
03-17-17, 07:47 AM
I went to the market to buy the lucky started to drag to my farm then looked and it was the trap for 50 gems �� I was so annoyed .
I had the lucky coins so put one in and collected after time had gone by and the trap disappeared. What a disastrous mistake to make .
To add insult to injury drops of upgrade parts are not very many either to upgrade lucky pot . So what is meant to be a lucky event has not been so lucky for me .

I don't think it was a mistake. The same thing happened to me. I dragged the Lucky Pot across to my farm and all of a sudden I had the trap and lost 50 gems!!!! What the!!!
I didn't want the trap. It took me forever to collect those gems and now I've lost them on a 'use once only' item.

I think it's a bug. Not a very lucky bug nor a very lucky thing to happen considering this should be a lucky event. :(

I can only imagine other people are going to have the same issue.

I think it may have happened when the event pop up asked me to buy the pot. When I closed the game and went back in and went to the Market to try and buy the pot again, this time I got the pot and not the trap. Hopefully this will save some people the same grief.

Good luck! ;)

clarkie20
03-17-17, 08:20 AM
WARNING - the leprechaun trap is SINGLE USE! For 2,500 gold coins you can only use it ONE TIME... That is crazy.

judyandthecat
03-17-17, 09:56 AM
To upgrade the pot to stage eight requires
10 of each upgrade item

And you will then receive 32 horseshoes every three hours

jed1066
03-17-17, 10:01 AM
The trap for 50 gems is one time use also I accidentally got it whilst dragging the lucky pot to my farm put a coin in collected it and the trap disappeared ��
Can anybody say whether this was a bug 50 gems for a one time use is ridiculous. Took me ages to build up my gems too .

PookieBear50
03-17-17, 10:51 AM

On the plus side, it gives us 26 days (well, >25 now) to upgrade the pot and acquire enough horseshoes to receive the grand prizes...plenty of time, hopefully. On the minus side, it seems as though the drop rate of the upgrade items is--for me, at least--considerably lower than previous events, so even one day in I haven't been able to upgrade once (no Celtic Knots have dropped for me yet).

WARNING - the leprechaun trap is SINGLE USE! For 2,500 gold coins you can only use it ONE TIME... That is crazy.

The 2,500 coins seems about right for this sort of event; I think it was the same cost for previous world event boosts.

The trap for 50 gems is one time use also I accidentally got it whilst dragging the lucky pot to my farm put a coin in collected it and the trap disappeared ��
Can anybody say whether this was a bug 50 gems for a one time use is ridiculous. Took me ages to build up my gems too .

I don't think the 50 gems is a bug: it might be higher than before, but I don't remember exactly...you might want to check the earlier event threads to see if the cost was the same. The deluxe trap is--theoretically--supposed to guarantee a better prize than the regular trap, but I can't recall exactly.

diverDestiny
03-17-17, 01:24 PM
Let us sell parts for the lucky pot!

Peggyg723
03-17-17, 02:11 PM
I also accidentally lost 50 gems on the stupid trap while buying my pot...... all I got for it were 14 horsehoes.. not great at all..

applefarm1066
03-17-17, 03:19 PM
I didn't want to buy the trap . I was dragging the lucky pot to my farm when I put it down it appeared as a deluxe trap which I didn't want and wasted 50 gems . Looking on here it happened to a few people . Would we be able to get the gems back pls seeing that we didn't want it in the first place .
Thankyou

zash1
03-17-17, 04:33 PM
I agree, please let parts be sellable. I spend whole day and night doing deliveries still unable to upgrade

DragonManda
03-17-17, 11:02 PM
Yes, please please please give us the ability to sell the pot upgrade parts to one another. The thing that makes this game fun is when we can HELP each other upgrade and meet goals. I do enjoy these community events more than most of the other event types because we are all working together. However, in the past community events, we have been able to sell each other the upgrade parts. Even with it being a 26 day event, it will be ridiculously difficult to make progress if we can't buy and sell the upgrade parts as we have done in the past. Being able to sell the parts means that if one person has a shortage of the leprechaun flutes but an over abundance of the lucky stones or the Celtic knots, then we can make a trade with each other, and everyone will be more likely to have an enjoyable experience.

DaphneGlass
03-18-17, 06:54 AM
I spent real money on gems to purchase the trap for 50 gems, I know the 2500 coins versions only last once but to my horror, and surely this isn't right, my 50 gems trap has gone after one use!!! So I spent real money on just 2 parts, disgusting I'm fuming!!!

FunkyJM
03-18-17, 08:07 AM
To upgrade to Stage 10 requires 17 of each upgrade part - gives 40 golden horseshoes

WoW :eek: , the amount of upgrade parts has been increased since last world event (Winter Wonderland). It's was 13 of each upgrade part needed to upgrade to Stage 10 :( .

FunkyJM
03-18-17, 08:32 AM
Goal 9
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 10

Individual Prizes:
Third Prize: Farmhouse skin : 1,000 golden horseshoes

Rynetory2
03-18-17, 08:43 AM
@ FunkyJM, Judyandthecat and others - Thanks for helping to post event info.

Rynetory2
03-18-17, 08:45 AM

WoW :eek: , the amount of upgrade parts has been increased since last world event (Winter Wonderland). It's was 13 of each upgrade part needed to upgrade to Stage 10 :( .

I believe this event takes the requirements of Summer Tiki Event. Well that's my speculation and so far the figures are the same.

Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Aloha Cow skin : 100 tiny umbrellas
Second Prize: Aloha Piggy skin : 450 tiny umbrellas
Third Prize: Aloha Chicken skin : 1,000 tiny umbrellas
Fourth Prize: Vulcano : 2,000 tiny umbrellas (the Vulcano is an animated decoration)
Fifth Prize: Pineapple Turtle : 4,200 tiny umbrellas (it's a pet :D )

Community Prizes:
(unlocks at 500 - meaning once you have collected 500 tiny umbrellas you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Ukeleles : 50,000,000 tiny umbrellas (non animated decoration)
Second Prize: Tiki Statue : 200,000,000 tiny umbrellas (non animated decoration)
Third Prize: Tiki Fountain : 500,000,000 tiny umbrellas (animated decoration)

UPGRADE INFORMATION
Stages of upgrade
There are altogether 15 stages. Collection interval is 3 hrs for all stages.
The 3 upgrade parts are called tropical flowers, tiki tumblers and tiki mask. These are stored in your barn.
Stage 1 gives 4 tiny umbrellas
To upgrade to Stage 2 requires 2 of each upgrade part - gives 8 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 3 requires 2 of each upgrade part - gives 12 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 4 requires 3 of each upgrade part - gives 16 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 5 requires 4 of each upgrade part - gives 20 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 6 requires 6 of each upgrade part - gives 24 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 7 requires 8 of each upgrade part - gives 28 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 8 requires 10 of each upgrade part - gives 32 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 9 requires 13 of each upgrade part - gives 36 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 10 requires 17 of each upgrade part - gives 40 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 11 requires 22 of each upgrade part - gives 44 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 12 requires 28 of each upgrade part - gives 48 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 13 requires 34 of each upgrade part - gives 52 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 14 requires 42 of each upgrade part - gives 56 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 15 requires 50 of each upgrade part - gives 60 tiny umbrellas.

FunkyJM
03-18-17, 09:12 AM
I believe this event takes the requirements of Summer Tiki Event. Well that's my speculation and so far the figures are the same.

Ah ok :-/ I only looked up and looked at the last World Event.
Thanks though, now I know what's still to come.

pattypurr
03-18-17, 10:34 AM
My traps are not working! They give nothing and start over with my coins. Now I'm out 10 coins! I restarted, still not working. What do I do, anyone?

FunkyJM
03-18-17, 11:13 AM
First community Prize: 50,000,000 Golden Horseshoes

Hereby a picture of were we are with points:
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/FS2%20Events/St%20Patricks%20Day%20Event%20-%20March%2016%202017/IMG_8540.png

judyandthecat
03-18-17, 01:02 PM
My traps are not working! They give nothing and start over with my coins. Now I'm out 10 coins! I restarted, still not working. What do I do, anyone?

Did you put a gold coin in the trap...when you do you should then see a timer if you click on the trap.

pattypurr
03-18-17, 01:47 PM
Yes, I did that. I let it sit for four hrs (timer) then I used a coin, it took it, then restarted the clock. I got nothing, after using a coin on each trap!

judyandthecat
03-18-17, 02:42 PM
Yes, I did that. I let it sit for four hrs (timer) then I used a coin, it took it, then restarted the clock. I got nothing, after using a coin on each trap!

That is weird because I buy a trap ...put a gold coin in then when I retouch trap after timer done it just pops up and says what I have won...then the trap disappears because they are one time use only.

pattypurr
03-18-17, 02:48 PM
Thanks for your help, I deleted and installed and now it works! Yay!

judyandthecat
03-18-17, 03:03 PM
@rynetory2
Looks to be exactly the same as the event you posted.

Upgrade the lucky pot to level 11
This requires 22 of each upgrade item.
You will then receive 44 gold horseshoes every three hours.

REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 experience points

kokomo1120
03-18-17, 05:21 PM
At least with the summer tiki event we could sell items. I've sent deliveries all day yesterday and today and still my pot is only level 7 and I can't get the Celtic knot upgrade part for anything have 30 of each of the other ones though would love to be able to sell them and the coins have 40+ of those

kindefarm1890
03-18-17, 05:42 PM
I think I am going to have to bow out of this event. I sent 45 plane deliveries so far today and received only 2 upgrade parts although I did receive 18 lucky coins. Generally I would sell the lucky coins but this event forces us to use them. I use the coins and set all 18 traps. Of the 16 traps that I collected from so far I received 1 upgrade part and 2-10 horseshoes from the other 15 traps. Currently the my Pot of Gold is at level 3. If I only receive 3 upgrade parts, on a day that I sent more deliveries than normal, I will never be able to upgrade to a level that I can collect enough horseshoes to win the pets.

It's time to work on making items to sell to get back the coins I used on the traps. Good luck to everyone who are working on getting the pets.

princessskykennedy
03-18-17, 11:28 PM
@rynetory2
Looks to be exactly the same as the event you posted.

Upgrade the lucky pot to level 11
This requires 22 of each upgrade item.
You will then receive 44 gold horseshoes every three hours.

Lol thanks for the giggle!! Level 11!! Do not think I will ever be off level five!! Oh well.

FunkyJM
03-19-17, 04:47 AM
To upgrade to Stage 12 requires 28 of each upgrade part - gives 48 golden horseshoes

kirsty050
03-19-17, 05:06 AM
I thought this not being able to sell the parts was a glitch, what am i supposed to do with these gold coins? Theyre taking up all my space and i wont be able to do anything soon

farmiemom
03-19-17, 06:45 AM
I'm disappointed the goal rewards (for upgrading) are just coins and xps, and no little decorations. I already have the paint skins for the buildings from last year but would like some more clover pots and that kind of thing to decorate with. I don't think the end goal of the dogs will be enough hold my interest/effort for 26 days. Too long an event and too little incentive along the way.

darkmornings
03-19-17, 08:53 AM
I'm disappointed the goal rewards (for upgrading) are just coins and xps, and no little decorations. I already have the paint skins for the buildings from last year but would like some more clover pots and that kind of thing to decorate with. I don't think the end goal of the dogs will be enough hold my interest/effort for 26 days. Too long an event and too little incentive along the way.

I agree almost completely. I don't have paint for my buildings but, since the holiday is over, I have little use for the new skins. I will only use the dogs St Patrick's next year. I will upgrade the pot, because if I don't, my barn will explode. I do like the gazebo but, as the only desirable thing to me for the event, not sure if it will hold my interest for a month.. I guess only time will tell

pjschneid
03-19-17, 09:01 AM
Having the same problem......can't get support to help, they direct me here.

judyandthecat
03-19-17, 11:45 AM
Having the same problem......can't get support to help, they direct me here.

Hi not sure what your problem is as not sure which message you replied too.

So am addressing the selling of event items.
This is not the first event that we have been unable to sell parts....the game is a business and there is a package for sale with parts so basically if every player was buying from their neighbours and/or the newspaper then no one would buy the package for sale.
It is likely easier for players that are a higher level in the sense that their barns are a lot bigger and after playing for years coins are not an issue like when one first starts playing. I am happy that we can buy leprechaun traps for coins in this event and thus use the gold coins received from deliveries in them...
The event items and gold coins only drop from plane deliveries so if someone does not want to participate in the event then don't send plane deliveries until the event ends.
I myself think the gold pot is a very cute decoration and why not upgrade it a few levels if you collect 500 horseshoes you are eligible to receive the three community prizes...the gazebo is really cute.

As for plane deliveries if I can't find the item in a few minutes in neighbours stores or the paper I delete the order and wait for a new one...with eight delivery spots usually I have one to fly.

If I see someone selling something I am often asked for but in a quantity of ten I buy and sell half off.

You need a good active neighbour base ... if I buy something from the paper I immediately visit that farm and check out their store...if store is full I immediately check to see if they have the auto add feature turned on and I add them. If it isn't on I leave a message on their wall and click on some hearts so this way they know you were there.

judyandthecat
03-19-17, 11:52 AM
I thought this not being able to sell the parts was a glitch, what am i supposed to do with these gold coins? Theyre taking up all my space and i wont be able to do anything soon

Unfortunately the only way to get them out of your barn now is to buy leprechaun traps.
Bonus is the traps give event items or gold horseshoes.

At the end of the event you will be able to discard them.

aroara
03-19-17, 12:25 PM
We need to be able to dump the gold coins at least. I have 16 ATM clogging up my barn on top of event items to upgrade the pot. It's too much and I can't afford to keep buying traps to get rid of the gold coins. This is stupid planning and frustrating I spend money in this game but this is turning me off.

nec912
03-19-17, 03:59 PM
I did the same thing! 50 gems down the drain lol

nec912
03-19-17, 04:00 PM
Add me to the list of people that spent 50 gems unintentionally

kirsty050
03-19-17, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately the only way to get them out of your barn now is to buy leprechaun traps.
Bonus is the traps give event items or gold horseshoes.

At the end of the event you will be able to discard them.

I dont have money for those, i just spent it all on a building
I have just over 20 coins now and really struggling for space, i keep going between 1 and 3 spaces in my barn usually, hoping i can get lucky and find land deeds then i can use some of the expansion permits and old maps i have and have barn space for a while

I want to do this event but if i dont have space then i cant get items for deliveries and if i can do deliveries then theres no way to continue :(

I can understand them not letting us share the upgrade parts but let us ditch the coins at least or maybe just let us discard unwanted event items then ppl not taking part can do deliveries for the month too

The picture on the goal has a st patricks day goat skin so maybe if we can fully build the pot we'll get that, with the requirements im not sure many will achieve it though

lilhobby4ever
03-19-17, 08:21 PM
I too got caught out with buying the pot to only end up with a trap costing 50 gems. I know my finger was on the pot to buy ... not fair especially hearing that it happened to so many others.

princessskykennedy
03-19-17, 09:36 PM
I can understand that as a company that has paid employees, Storm 8 needs to make money. I understand and support that. I choose to play this gAme as a free play. On my original farm, I bought gems for something once. One time only, so the company is not making money off my purchases.

Saying that, you would think that a company would learn from their mistakes. Aka the non-ability to clear/dump/delete quest parts from our barns. Yes, they allow us to buy traps at 2500 each. But that is using valuable coins a lot of players do not have. So a lot of people I know have learned from their mistakes and are just not sending deliveries for the quest period of 25 days. But how can the powers that be "forget" the outrage at the full barns from the other quest. I know I sure didn't!

So don't send deliveries if you don't want a full barn!

I also find I am more engaged in this game when a quest gives my neighbours and I a common goal and we can help each other achieve the quests, as opposed to this one where I am playing alone or the ones where I have to compete AGAINST players.

FunkyJM
03-20-17, 05:18 AM
Individual Prizes:
Fourth Prize: Lucky Waterfall : 2,500 Golden Horseshoes

Compared to the Summer Tiki Event the points has been increased by 500 :confused:

Mamatampa
03-20-17, 05:52 AM
I agree with everyone. Making deliveries is essential toward advancing, but being able to hold upgrade parts and delivery items makes things ridicoulously hard even if you are a higher level. I played nearly constantly just sending deliveries, upgrading, and buying traps all weekend..now I have stopped. My goal was to get the skins for next year. I don't want a waterfall nor more dogs and I can't play normally until this ends as my barn fills up with parts and coins I don't want or need. All I do now is craft and sell until this event is over. An option to store, sell, or discard event items would have everyone enjoying the event. Worrying about filling up your barn and having to spend coins to empty gold coins is making this hard on lower level players. I feel like Storm 8 is payoing little attention to this game which is a money maker for them. Why wait and start a St. Pat Event that lasts weeks beyond the holiday...should have started spring or Easter event! Godd luck all..

bigblurenation1
03-20-17, 06:21 AM
It would be great to opt out of an event so we're not stuck with items we don't want or need. At least be able to sell them to get them out of our barn.

judyandthecat
03-20-17, 06:47 AM
It would be great to opt out of an event so we're not stuck with items we don't want or need. At least be able to sell them to get them out of our barn.

Would be great beings they don't want to have the items placed in the stores that there was another option..
Like have a garbage truck call 1-800-delete-event-items for sale for coins.
We could buy this truck and it could be a cute pickup or event item that goes with the holidays like last year's Easter pickup...etc
It would be used to delete event items.

Rynetory2
03-20-17, 08:25 AM
Would be great beings they don't want to have the items placed in the stores that there was another option..
Like have a garbage truck call 1-800-delete-event-items for sale for coins.
We could buy this truck and it could be a cute pickup or event item that goes with the holidays like last year's Easter pickup...etc
It would be used to delete event items.

I love your post, Judy. Thanks for the giggle. :D Hotline: 1-800-delete-event-items

Here's a thread in case anyone wants to post suggestions or feedback.
Thread: Delete function for Barn items (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96652-Delete-function-for-Barn-items)

BendeBobby
03-20-17, 09:46 AM
Why are all the gold coins stacked up in my barn and why can't i sell or discard them?? Truly disappointing if you ask me.
I ain't gonna spend my money on those traps and ain't gonna spend my gems on upgrading my barn!!
Only for that i'm going to skip this event which goes untill 3 weeks AFTER St' Patricks day.
3 weeks without deliveries is the only solution i can come up with to avoid these annoying coins.
Anybody got any other ideas??

Blazin_Betty
03-20-17, 11:05 AM
Not being able to sell gold coins and lucky pot upgrade parts is ****ing this event! Please fix this.

eucom
03-20-17, 11:14 AM
Day 4 of play.........pot of gold is still on level 1. I have not received 1 Celtic knot!!!!!!!!!

oledoeeyes
03-20-17, 04:08 PM
This type of event has always been my favorite. But this particular event is different from the ones in the past. You are unable to sell upgrade parts or the gold coins. I made ten deliveries and received eight gold coins and zero upgrade parts. This is a long event and my barn will not be able to hold all these parts. Unfortunately I am having to stop doing any deliveries until this event is over. This makes me sad.

kirsty050
03-20-17, 04:11 PM
Omg we can sell the gold coins now :D
Not sure about upgrade parts but those are not what i need to get rid of
So happy

Mamatampa
03-20-17, 04:34 PM
Omg we can sell the gold coins now :D
Not sure about upgrade parts but those are not what i need to get rid of
So happy
Yes we can sell parts too!

genieguy
03-20-17, 04:44 PM
This game might be a "business", but there are businesses that act in good faith toward their customers and I'm wondering if that's the case here. I am one of apparently many that had 50 gems taken from their account through NOT purchasing the leprechaun trap.

Over the years that I've played, I've been annoyed once every few months by hitting the wrong thing at the wrong time; I've made my peace that there is no confirmation button to spend gems, and have learned to be very careful. Seeing the pot of gold and trap close together in new items, I was very careful to only touch the pot of gold. After a substantial lag, I was the proud owner of a trap and not the pot of gold.

To make it worse, this trap (good name for it by the way) is 1 time use and gave me 25 horseshoes for my 50 gems. That's a deluxe trap? I could have earned that the first day.

I am not surprised that these "bugs" never work in the player's favor; but I have reached my point. My original goal was to reach level 60, but now just a few hundred points from level 50, I think that is where I should stop.

The way I see it you owe me 50 gems, and you are welcome to take back the 25 horseshoes you gave for using it.

I see a lot of addressing the issue of barn space and not selling the items and no response to those that had their gems taken through only taking the time to play your event.

Hopefully, somebody there will get a good night's sleep on this and realize what is the right thing to do.

oledoeeyes
03-20-17, 05:41 PM
Thank you !! We can now sell our surplus of gold coins! Back to enjoying the game!!

bigblurenation1
03-20-17, 05:41 PM
Thank you! Thank you for letting us sell parts.

kokomo1120
03-20-17, 06:31 PM
I knew it was too good to be true storm 8 put a hold on selling upgrade items

kokomo1120
03-20-17, 06:31 PM
You can sell them but no one can see them in your shop and buy them coins too

diverDestiny
03-20-17, 06:41 PM
Let us sell coins and parts. This is supposed to be fun and productive. Distribution of parts is not even either.

tuffyjkitten
03-20-17, 07:45 PM
You can sell them but no one can see them in your shop and buy them coins too

Well poo. I was so happy to see I could get some of those coins out of my barn but if no one who wants them can buy them then what's the point?

People who want to spend money and gems will do so regardless if we can sell parts or not. People who don't want to spend money or gems won't change their minds because we can't sell parts. So just let us sell the stupid parts!! They stress the community aspect but don't allow us to work as a community? :(

DragonManda
03-20-17, 10:04 PM
I have seen the gold coins for sale in the newspaper, so those at least are visible for others to buy. I have not yet seen the upgrades parts, though (leprechaun flutes, lucky stones, Celtic knots).

Blazin_Betty
03-21-17, 12:00 AM
Thank you for letting us sell coins.

griffithpack
03-21-17, 12:42 AM
When I visit my baby farm, where I put a Celtic knot for sale, from my big farm, the spot where said knot should be is blank. When I go to baby farm to sell something in that spot, Celtic knot is still there - so I can't sell anything else. I have been given the option to delete it now, so I suppose that at least is progress. So much for being a community game where we are helping our neighbors - which should be what this game is all about, especially during this event which is a " community" event. I'm very disappointed that those who choose not to participate in events can't help those who do want to participate. I can't feed all the pets I have and would love to be able to help someone at a lower level earn a pet for their farm, sadly that's not an option.

kindefarm1890
03-21-17, 04:20 AM
What a surprise to find last night that there were upgrade parts in the newspaper. I thought that the team finally did the right thing and fixed things so players who didn't want the upgrade parts could sell them to those who did. Later on in the evening I noticed that there were no longer any parts in the newspaper so I checked here just to find out that we can no longer buy them. So the team teased us for a little while where I thought maybe I could make up for lost time by buying the upgrade parts. Well shame on me for falling for their trick. I like playing this game because the community helps out each other but the team seems to think we should play this alone.

Storm8 - You set this event up where we need to make deliveries to obtian upgrade parts. Well where are the upgrade parts? The drop rate so far is 1 upgrade part for every 25 deliveries. So far the only upgrade parts available are the ones you can buy for $5. Not acceptable when you need hundreds of parts to upgrade the pot of gold. This is listed as a community event but for the most part we play alone and the community cannot help out other players. I have spent a lot of real money on this game but with the change in how the events are played and the beat up your neighbor leaderboard events I will have to put this on hold. I understand that developers do not work for free but you are hurting yourself when so many long time players are gettng frustrated and dropping out of the game.

kokomo1120
03-21-17, 09:18 AM
I don't see any coins in the newspaper. I think it's really unfair to cut off the ability to sell items.

PikaSquirrel
03-21-17, 11:02 AM
As most of you have already noticed, you should be able to sell the parts in your Side Shop now. :) Thanks for the feedback.

kokomo1120
03-21-17, 11:58 AM
As most of you have already noticed, you should be able to sell the parts in your Side Shop now. :) Thanks for the feedback.

I can sell the items I just can't purchase them because you can't see them in the shop. Doesn't do much good just ends up taking up slots until a storm 8 manager buys them

jed1066
03-21-17, 12:38 PM
Can anybody please confirm if we can buy Leprechaun flutes , Celtic knot & Lucky stone.
If we can't buy or sell upgrade parts please Team Lava up the amount we can get through plane deliveries .
The coins can be loaded in shop but players are unable to see them so can not buy them .
I still have 6 lots of lucky coins in my shop unsold waiting for a Team lava to buy back .
Thankyou in advance

Rynetory2
03-21-17, 06:29 PM
Replying to those who have posted that they bought a Deluxe Trap while buying a Lucky Pot

A Community Manager has tested but cant reproduce the issue you had. I tried in my game and it worked fine too. You can write to Support: support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) for an Agent to check your game individually. Please make sure that you select Issues/Bugs under [Topic] in your form. Thanks.

Rynetory2
03-21-17, 06:37 PM
Can anybody please confirm if we can buy Leprechaun flutes , Celtic knot & Lucky stone.
If we can't buy or sell upgrade parts please Team Lava up the amount we can get through plane deliveries .
The coins can be loaded in shop but players are unable to see them so can not buy them .
I still have 6 lots of lucky coins in my shop unsold waiting for a Team lava to buy back .
Thankyou in advance

I can sell the items I just can't purchase them because you can't see them in the shop. Doesn't do much good just ends up taking up slots until a storm 8 manager buys them

Nope, we cant buy upgrade parts. The intent of this change is to let us have the ability to discard those items to help us with limited precious barn space. You can let them stay in your shop if you dont mind waiting or you can discard them and free the slot. Personally I have been discarding mine.

eucom
03-21-17, 11:05 PM
5 days in...I have 64 horseshoes. At this rate, I won't even be able to participate in the community prizes!!!!!!

princessskykennedy
03-21-17, 11:56 PM
5 days in...I have 64 horseshoes. At this rate, I won't even be able to participate in the community prizes!!!!!!

Honestly, this is NOT a community event. Everyone is working ALONE.

PookieBear50
03-22-17, 01:24 AM
Honestly, this is NOT a community event. Everyone is working ALONE.

I wasn't going to say anything on this thread, but I agree. I could understand if we weren't allowed to sell each other upgrade parts for events like last year's Halloween quest and the Artic Fox event (except, if I recollect correctly, we COULD sell each upgrade parts in both). This being a "World Event" with "Community Prizes", one would think it means players should work together, including selling each other parts needed to upgrade and in doing so contribute to the community.

Please pardon me for saying this, but I vaguely recollect that in prior World Events--e.g., last year's Spring World Event and the Summer Tiki Event and several before that--I was able to purchase upgrade parts from the Newspaper and neighbors' Side Shops. Perhaps I am mistaken, but if I am not, I have to wonder why there was a change this time.

eucom
03-22-17, 06:49 AM
I often wonder who Storie's helpers are......are they playing the game too?

suncatchers
03-22-17, 12:30 PM
I wasn't going to say anything on this thread, but I agree. I could understand if we weren't allowed to sell each other upgrade parts for events like last year's Halloween quest and the Artic Fox event (except, if I recollect correctly, we COULD sell each upgrade parts in both). This being a "World Event" with "Community Prizes", one would think it means players should work together, including selling each other parts needed to upgrade and in doing so contribute to the community.

Please pardon me for saying this, but I vaguely recollect that in prior World Events--e.g., last year's Spring World Event and the Summer Tiki Event and several before that--I was able to purchase upgrade parts from the Newspaper and neighbors' Side Shops. Perhaps I am mistaken, but if I am not, I have to wonder why there was a change this time.

I think you're right. I do remember other events where we were able to buy upgrade parts - I had some awesome neighbors who sold me their extras. I'm glad that we can sell our parts (for me, I'm glad to get rid of the coins), but it would help tons if we were able to buy them too, like we were in the past. At the rate I'm collecting upgrade parts, I probably won't get very far with this event. Oh well, hopefully the next event is different or I have better luck. Good luck to everyone participating!

OliviaB9
03-22-17, 08:25 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sending deliveries but hardly ever get upgrade parts. This event is frustrating and disappointing.

jed1066
03-23-17, 02:03 PM
I've now sold over 90 coins which is great I now have space in my barn im on stage 9 of pot but the flutes are proving very difficult in getting got double amounts of lucky stone and Celtic knot still need 10 flutes to get to Stage 10 of lucky pot
Please please TL let us sell upgrade parts it leaves a lot of people frustrated and not wanting to play the game as it is not fun .

funforcatalina
03-23-17, 03:17 PM

You are so right PookieBear and I have proof too (see attached pics), we could help neighbors with many previous events. I remember my first ever world event, it was Christmas 2015 and I was so excited, I thought it was so cool to be able to help other and work together, NO MOBILE GAME I had ever played before had that and it was a breath of fresh air. I love setting up my shop all pretty with all the cute new stuff and being able to help neighbors at the same and vice versa... it added a scavenger hunt feeling to the game... now it's so sad, many of my friends have left this game. I don't enjoy the farm when there isn't an event because most of the non-event recipes I find so ugly and that being said, I don't enjoy being put through the ringer for an event, it's a farm game for goodness sakes! They need to consider their demographic a little more...I keep hoping that they will go back to their beginnings but, I am also getting tired of holding my breath...

nec912
03-23-17, 04:40 PM
The last stage requires 50 of each part! If I get one part for every 5 deliveries (which is generous) and they are evenly distributed, that means it will take 750 deliveries just to get from stage 14 to 15! I rarely get parts from the traps and have already spent well over 100,000 coins on them!

Doesn't seem realistic to get the pot fully upgraded!
Thanks for letting me vent!

kirsty050
03-23-17, 05:42 PM
I seem to be getting way more flutes than the others, it is annoying we cant trade but im so glad we can discard items now, those coins were too annoying
I dont think i have a chance to get the pot to lvl 15 but ill get it as high as i can then collect as much as possible, would be cool to get it fully upgraded but i dont have 150 spaces to use for event items unless i can even out my upgtade or expansion items and use some as theres no way ill just sell them

tuffyjkitten
03-24-17, 05:59 AM
After 2 and a half days of waiting for a single flute to upgrade my Lucky Pot I caved and bought the value pack that had 3 of each part and the 5 deluxe traps, which promised "even more lucky pot supplies". I set all 5 traps and received a grand total of ZERO lucky pot supplies. None at all. I did get 130 gold horseshoes (30, 30, 15, 25, and 30) but I really wanted parts. I had one delivery last night that gave me a pickaxe, a saw, and a map. If they can give me 3 parts for one delivery why can't at least one of them be an upgrade part?

This "community" event is not fun and way too long. :(

Moissonor
03-24-17, 09:13 AM
1st: Presentation screen is for St-Valentine's ... not for St-Patrick's ...
2nd: Gifts (green paint) are named St-Valentine Silo, St-Valentine Barn, ...

P.S. 1.When we click on expansion parts (Flutes ... the message is In the Kitchen, Knots ... the message is In the Pond and Stones ... the message is In the Pond), it's not the reality.
2. My comments are for the French version of the game.

Maybe we'll get Easter decorations in time for the 4th of July! :D

kirsty050
03-24-17, 05:21 PM
Does anybody know how much the dogs are yet?

mearro
03-24-17, 07:43 PM
I forgot to not send deliveries as I don't participate in this event but sent 1 order and got a lucky stone, which I was very glad I was able to sell just now so I hope that means you can sell and buy upgrade parts.

nec912
03-24-17, 09:20 PM
4200 Horseshoes ;-)

FunkyJM
03-25-17, 03:57 AM
Upgrade Information
To upgrade to Stage 14 requires 42 of each upgrade part - gives 56 golden horseshoes
To upgrade to Stage 15 requires 50 of each upgrade part - gives 60 golden horseshoes

Goals
Goal 13
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 14

Goal 14
Upgrade the Lucky Pot to Level 15
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps, St Patrick's baby cow skin

PookieBear50
03-25-17, 04:04 AM
With all my struggles to obtain Celtic Knots, I doubt I'll get to 4200 horseshoes. I might barely make it to 2,500, but short of an unexpected shower of Celtic Knots (and everything else) from eminently easy-to-do deliveries, that's probably my limit for this event. Sigh.

kirsty050
03-25-17, 04:58 AM
Thats so many, as much as id like the doggies i dont think ill make it, i can still hope though
I have just over 1000 horseshoes and my pot is lvl 7, if i collect 4-5 times a day ill get around 3000, cant do much more as have work or am out sometimes and cant collect
i might be able to upgrade once or twice more but cant hold all the upgrade items for later lvls

lsloman
03-25-17, 06:22 AM
This event doesn't make sense to me. It's a community event. We all have to participate to get the community decorations but we can't help each other with building the pot of gold in order to get the horseshoes to get the prize which seems like it's the goal,no?? With all the deliveries I've sent and the coins that used buying the traps, I'm still stuck on level 10.

This type of event used to be my favorite event, but now I'm giving up. I'm a working professional who cannot spend all day sending deliveries so I counted on my nbrs to help me. Without being able to sell parts to each other, this is not an event I can partake in. I've sent countless deliveries only to see that you need a ridiculous amount for the higher levels. I'm done.

bessbee
03-25-17, 08:38 AM
I have been 1296 days on my farm. I am attached to it. But I am more and more saddened by the cynical Storm 8 attitude. The events should be fun. We should be able to sell and BUY upgrade parts. We should be able to help each other. I can't get beyond stage 5. Missing essential parts. I don't buy things - but I have introduced game to many people who do spend real money. Please reconsider the mean turn that this game seems to have taken.

nec912
03-25-17, 05:49 PM
Does anybody know how much the dogs are yet?

4200 horseshoes

caron7
03-26-17, 07:18 AM
do we know if the pot is just a decoration after the event? or is it like the pot from a previous year that drops gold every 48 hours? or some other reward? thank you.

Alida2014
03-26-17, 07:45 AM
When I read your posts, I'm glad I skip the event. An event should be fun and not be frustrating. I'm ready to give Gems for an event, but not if you can only end an event if you donate enough Gems.

Rynetory2
03-27-17, 05:59 PM
1st: Presentation screen is for St-Valentine's ... not for St-Patrick's ...
2nd: Gifts (green paint) are named St-Valentine Silo, St-Valentine Barn, ...

P.S. 1.When we click on expansion parts (Flutes ... the message is In the Kitchen, Knots ... the message is In the Pond and Stones ... the message is In the Pond), it's not the reality.
2. My comments are for the French version of the game.

Thanks for your feedback. This has been fixed. :)

Rynetory2
03-27-17, 06:03 PM
do we know if the pot is just a decoration after the event? or is it like the pot from a previous year that drops gold every 48 hours? or some other reward? thank you.

The Lucky Pot turns into and remains as a decoration after the event. Sorry...

lilhobby4ever
03-28-17, 02:07 AM
Well on a different note, does anyone else hear the theme song for H R Puff n Stuff in their mind when they get a flute from a delivery? Or is it just me that has this strange classical conditioning from childhood? lol

lilhobby4ever
03-28-17, 02:10 AM
Thanks Rynetory2 for this info. I was very surprised to get a quick response and a favourable outcome on my issue. It was an unexpected happy outcome.

<Sorry this was meant to be a reply with quote to your post #84>

Rynetory2
03-28-17, 07:22 AM
Hi lilhobby4ever,

I am soooo happy to hear that things worked out on a happy note for you! :D:D Cheers to that! Thank you for sharing this wonderful news. Good luck for your event! :)

baseball_boy
03-28-17, 09:35 AM
I have not got one part from deliveries for 4 days now and the flute has been about 6. His event sucks

kirsty050
03-28-17, 12:09 PM
I hate it when you get 2 delivery parts but none of the others :( celtic knots dont seem to like me
Maybe if we cant sell them to others in future events they could give us the option to swap 2 or 3 we have too many of for 1 of the parts we need

Oneyellowlab
03-28-17, 09:28 PM
I have to agree with the sentiment that this community event has nothing to do with community as we are no longer able to sell the upgrade parts to our neighbors, like we used to be able to do in previous ones. I've been on this farm 893 days and I'm finding it hard to enjoy the events anymore. I understand that Storm 8 needs to make money but sadly the game is loosing it's appeal as the events have become far too time consuming and there is no sense of community anymore.

mamas_boys
03-29-17, 10:56 PM
Anyone else notice that the number of horse shoes from leprechaun traps has reduced? I used to get 8-14, then 6 and now only 2! What is the point of that

LadyFencer
03-30-17, 04:41 AM
Anyone else notice that the number of horse shoes from leprechaun traps has reduced? I used to get 8-14, then 6 and now only 2! What is the point of that

I was about to make the same comment. 2500 coins for 2 or 3 horseshoes? Really?

Clark_Wayne
03-30-17, 06:07 AM
about 1100 horseshoes. no way i could reach the last individual prize , but i don't care since i already have over 60 pets
but i agree with everyone : events are less and less do-able .
i keep playing FS2 but i'm doing less and less events

farmiemom
03-30-17, 05:18 PM
Are the upgrade parts available for sale now? I just placed 8 fluted in my shop and there is a "limited time" clock icon in the corner of the picture. Hopefully!

kirsty050
03-30-17, 06:03 PM
Are the upgrade parts available for sale now? I just placed 8 fluted in my shop and there is a "limited time" clock icon in the corner of the picture. Hopefully!

You can put them in your shop but others cant buy them im afraid, theres a discard option once theyre in your shop so its just a way to ditch unwanted items
Im pretty sure the clock is just a new way to show its an event only item

Rynetory2
03-30-17, 09:41 PM
Im pretty sure the clock is just a new way to show its an event only item

You're correct, the items with the clock icon are available during event. :)

Angelfarm98
03-31-17, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know if we upgrade the lucky pot to the end, is the pot collectible like pot of gold?

Rynetory2
03-31-17, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know if we upgrade the lucky pot to the end, is the pot collectible like pot of gold?

Here you go.

The Lucky Pot turns into and remains as a decoration after the event. Sorry...

Angelfarm98
03-31-17, 07:53 PM
Here you go.

So disappointed but thank you for your reply.

eucom
04-03-17, 07:32 PM
I miss reading everyone's posts!!!!!!

Rynetory2
04-03-17, 10:34 PM
I miss reading everyone's posts!!!!!!

Haha let us all starting posting and make some convo. :)

Rynetory2
04-03-17, 10:35 PM
Hmmmm we need more 250,000,000 golden horseshoes for the last community prize gazebo... do you guys think we can make it with 6 days left?

griffithpack
04-03-17, 11:32 PM
Without being able to help each other with excess upgrade parts, I'm afraid we aren't even going to be close to finishing it. And that is the same reason many have chosen not to participate in this event - it's really sad for a community event, when in the past we've been helping each other and this time we can't. I hope TL hears us and changes it back to allowing us to help one another in future events! And I'm buying as many traps as I can - with over 6 million coins in my bank I can buy traps - but now my shipments quit dropping coins to use - nice work TL!

PookieBear50
04-04-17, 01:38 AM
Hmmmm we need more 250,000,000 golden horseshoes for the last community prize gazebo... do you guys think we can make it with 6 days left?

I'll make it to 2,500 tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be able to get to 4,200 without a stupendous miracle. If others are having as much difficulty upgrading their pots because they--like me--are experiencing poor drop rates of ONE upgrade part, then my thought is that 250,000,000 is out of reach. Short of TL upping the drop rate drastically or allowing us to sell to and BUY parts from each other, this is one global event that won't have a happy ending.

driver1711
04-04-17, 05:46 AM
If this is typical of past events, I think Storm8 has the horseshoes earned by all is on track to complete the goal. Take a snapshot and then check again in an hour or two and do the math again.

kirsty050
04-04-17, 06:22 AM
I'll make it to 2,500 tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be able to get to 4,200 without a stupendous miracle. If others are having as much difficulty upgrading their pots because they--like me--are experiencing poor drop rates of ONE upgrade part, then my thought is that 250,000,000 is out of reach. Short of TL upping the drop rate drastically or allowing us to sell to and BUY parts from each other, this is one global event that won't have a happy ending.

Im the same, ill make it to 2500 but 4200 was never gonna happen
I may just about get my pot to lvl 10 before the event ends, im wondering if it looks any different between lvl 9 and 10

DaphneGlass
04-05-17, 10:51 PM
This event is impossible, I cannot upgrade the pot anymore as hardly ever get parts and this level I have got to wants 17 of each so I'm only getting 32 horse shoes from the pot, it's ridiculous, how is a working person supposed to get a chance with these events, this game is getting annoying instead of enjoyable, this event is too long and too hard!

JustKay
04-06-17, 05:35 PM
This event is impossible, I cannot upgrade the pot anymore as hardly ever get parts and this level I have got to wants 17 of each so I'm only getting 32 horse shoes from the pot, it's ridiculous, how is a working person supposed to get a chance with these events, this game is getting annoying instead of enjoyable, this event is too long and too hard!

Yeah, i used to only be able to fully upgrade my event "building" via intense use of the marketplace. it's pretty much impossible without help from others, unless you gem your way. I guess S8 do need their money. I've committed to not reaching the final milestone, am happy to just make the community prize cut off. The final community prize isn't all that great either so not to concerned if we do not make it. Does seem a shame that they spent all that design time on something nobody will get to have, but I guess giving stuff away for "free" is not great business either.

eucom
04-07-17, 06:43 AM
Something strange just happened to my pot. I just collected from a pot on another device, and now there's a construction tent around it and it will be under construction for 30 minutes! When I collected on this device that didn't happen.

eucom
04-07-17, 07:37 AM
So, the 30 minutes are over, and my pot is still the same.

Rynetory2
04-07-17, 07:57 AM
Something strange just happened to my pot. I just collected from a pot on another device, and now there's a construction tent around it and it will be under construction for 30 minutes! When I collected on this device that didn't happen.

Is your time setting on the device with issue set to automatic? Please do so if it isn't. Hopefully this will help.

Rynetory2
04-07-17, 08:13 AM
I hope we'll get the last Community prize since it's something new and free. It'll be a waste if we the Community didn't get it because we gave up collecting... Well I'm still collecting and adding my contribution. It's up to our combined efforts to get it. Keep going. :)

tromalyt
04-07-17, 03:07 PM
I am not going to be able to get the 2500 horseshoes prize. I am not particularly intereseted in the gazebo either, so I am not collecting more horseshoes.

DragonManda
04-07-17, 04:45 PM
I would guess that even if we don't quite collect enough horseshoes to get the last community prize, that maybe the game developers would give it to the people who had qualified for community prizes anyway. Otherwise, it would have been a waste for them to design the new item. They could just go ahead and send one to everyone's storage once the event has ended. Does anyone know if there has ever been a time when the community did not receive the last community prize?

kirsty050
04-07-17, 05:47 PM
Theyre not just gonna give it to us, if we dont earn it it'll probs be rereleased to be purchased with gems at some point

Im still collecting as why wouldnt i, it takes 1 click when i go in game n we might make it to the gazebo

PookieBear50
04-07-17, 07:58 PM
So not happy right now. For the second time I attempted to drag the regular leprechaun trap onto my form, only to have the deluxe trap appear, costing me 50 gems. I really did NOT want that, but what's done is done and I'm not going to send anything in to TL (probably wouldn't change anything and it's the weekend anyway).

BUT...

This wouldn't have happened if it were possible to drag items from the Buy menu WITHOUT having to drag sideways over other items. Trying to drag up or down results in the whole menu moving...dragging to the right fails because there's not enough space...which only leaves dragging left, which is fine for items on the left-hand side of the menu, but not from the right-hand side.

Would TL and the game programmers PLEASE add in a verification step so that we don't spend gems unexpectedly and accidentally? I had a use for those 50 gems--specifically speeding up the pot to maybe get to 4200 horseshoes--but now I need to think carefully about whether I'm willing to spend what gems I still have.

FunkyJM
04-08-17, 05:52 AM
I hope we'll get the last Community prize since it's something new and free. It'll be a waste if we the Community didn't get it because we gave up collecting... Well I'm still collecting and adding my contribution. It's up to our combined efforts to get it. Keep going. :)

Im still collecting as why wouldnt i, it takes 1 click when i go in game n we might make it to the gazebo

Hi all :),
I'm also still collecting Golden Horseshoes towards the Community prize. There are farmers, who love to get the Gazebo.
And like Kirsty said: it's just 1 click when you are on your farm :D

I think we can still make it. Perhaps in the last minutes but WE CAN :D

Oneyellowlab
04-09-17, 07:43 AM
I put my extra upgrade parts in my shop and someone is buying them. The picture is not Stormie so if people can't buy them who is getting them?

abigail23
04-10-17, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone! I came here to say that I too have unwillingly spent 50 gems on the deluxe trap. It was the first day of the event and I selected the pot of gold. I dragged the pot over (it was clearly the pot) and when I dropped it it disappeared and changed to the deluxe trap. There went 50 gems that I spent so much time earning. I was so disappointed because clearly it was a glitch. I've made mistakes in the past, but now I always double check the item before I drop it. That experience made me afraid to purchase the trap for coins. I didn't want to lose another 50 gems. It was inconveniently place right next to the deluxe trap and to the right so you have to drag over it. I decided not to take the chance.

I just wanted to give some feedback and share my experience. I'm not asking for my gems back, I would like it if the events were designed better to prevent this from happening in the future.

I'm still collecting horseshoes and sending plane deliveries. I've been doing nothing but plane deliveries since the event started, but I get very few parts. I've only been able to upgrade my pot to stage 6! I appreciate a challenge, but I guess this was impossible for my farm to achieve. I don't know what else I could have done.

PookieBear50
04-10-17, 02:27 PM
Managed to get 4200 horseshoes, but it wasn't easy, and it cost me about 44 gems (144, if you count the two deluxe gem traps that got abruptly placed despite my attempting to drag over the regular traps), shaving off 1 hour (or a little less) off of collection times over the past two days.

Glad I finished, but still a bit put out by the added cost of those 100 gems...

JustKay
04-10-17, 05:31 PM
While I can understand why S8 are making the Pot upgrade parts not buyable in the marketplace, I don't think I like how they've done it. I noticed that there's more frequent instances of items being marked as already bought when my newspaper refreshes! It got worse towards the end of the event. This behavior coincides with when people start dumping useless parts onto the market at the end of the event. So it seems that rather than just sweeping all items off the stands, they're just setting them as bought if they ever show up in a newspaper. It seems that this then deprives people of a couple of newspaper slots, at a time when some might be looking to the market to buy what they need to complete deliveries.

Rynetory2
04-10-17, 06:19 PM
Yippee, WE MADE IT!! :D Congrats Farm 2 Community, our combined efforts paid off! :D:D

P.S. Out of pure curiosity, I wonder how many of us managed to complete this event and get the Lucky Setters. So I've added a poll for you to vote.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36452

kirsty050
04-10-17, 06:37 PM
I had nearly 3200 but thats still a thousand out and i play this game a lot so im guessing a lot of ppl didnt without spending gems or so much money on the traps

PookieBear50
04-10-17, 07:03 PM
I had nearly 3200 but thats still a thousand out and i play this game a lot so im guessing a lot of ppl didnt without spending gems or so much money on the traps

I have to admit that I probably spent over 100,000 in coins to buy and use Leprechaun traps (hard to tell, exactly, since I kept waiting until I earned 10,000 more coins before buying 4 more traps), and maybe another 10,000 coins also on buying items from the Newsstand and neighbors' shops to fulfill orders in hopes of getting upgrade parts. And the 144 gems that went towards buying (unwillingly) 2 Deluxe Leprechaun traps and speeding up the Pot towards the end.

Though I'm sure some spent a lot more than I did.

Rynetory2
04-10-17, 07:19 PM
I have to admit that I probably spent over 100,000 in coins to buy and use Leprechaun traps (hard to tell, exactly, since I kept waiting until I earned 10,000 more coins before buying 4 more traps), and maybe another 10,000 coins also on buying items from the Newsstand and neighbors' shops to fulfill orders in hopes of getting upgrade parts. And the 144 gems that went towards buying (unwillingly) 2 Deluxe Leprechaun traps and speeding up the Pot towards the end.

Though I'm sure some spent a lot more than I did.

I think I've spent about 200,000 coins or more for traps alone, I lost count midway. Sorry to hear about your gems though :( (personally I would try Support but I respect your decision). I didn't upgrade my Lucky Pot to max. My aim was to get the Rainbow Pot of Gold but I got the Lucky Setters while collecting for the community so that's an added bonus for me.

griffithpack
04-12-17, 12:24 AM
I know I spent around 200,000 coins buying traps - along with 100 accidental gems - for the same reason stated by others: location, location, location. I was buying 6, 8, or 10 traps at a time. I was only trying to upgrade my pot - and was unsuccessful in that endeavor, but I got the setters, and don't even want to put them out - I have so many pets - I was just trying for the community prizes. I hope the next event is a true community event where the community can help one another. Please, storm8, pretty please, with sugar on it!!!!