PDA

View Full Version : Huge in size over time?

TU3YKY5
03-15-17, 10:21 AM
Hi,

great game, and far beyond the usual gem matching exercise.

I've been playing this for some time (iOS), but by now it takes more than a GB in space.
Is this normal? I assume not, so is there a way to get rid of previous versions without losing game progress?

Thanks in advance
DJ

kooky panda
03-15-17, 11:14 AM
If you have some seasonal versions you can delete them. Keep the version with the highest number.
You can also free up some space by going to settings-safari - clear data.
You can also delete and reinstall the game.

Elsa;1257479']When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache. :)

TU3YKY5
03-15-17, 12:12 PM
Thanks kooky panda. iOS does not provide information on seasonal/intermediate versions, it only shows the latest version.
Anyway, does clearing the cache or deleting/reinstalling the game touch/reset the progress made in the game?

TU3YKY5
03-15-17, 02:06 PM
Never mind, I backed up my iphone, deleted and reset the game, and the progress was kept, lucky me.

kooky panda
03-15-17, 02:36 PM
Oh good!:)