PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

tuffyjkitten
03-21-17, 09:32 AM
Ok I got my horse and figured what the heck, I would go for the fairy despite saying pass on this event earlier. No purple wisps in 2 days, so typical event....

Question though...am I understanding the first page correctly where for steps 8 and 9 we just need to HAVE the potions, not BREW them? Meaning that while I wait for the elusive purple wisps I can keep making the other potions to get ahead on future steps? Don't want to waste resources if not...

ladyperidot
03-21-17, 09:37 AM
Ok I got my horse and figured what the heck, I would go for the fairy despite saying pass on this event earlier. No purple wisps in 2 days, so typical event....

Question though...am I understanding the first page correctly where for steps 8 and 9 we just need to HAVE the potions, not BREW them? Meaning that while I wait for the elusive purple wisps I can keep making the other potions to get ahead on future steps? Don't want to waste resources if not...

My goal book says "brew". I have to brew 6 of each and then it takes 8 of each to upgrade to level 6. If I remember correctly it was that way for the other levels too. You have to brew some of them

bss0226
03-21-17, 09:44 AM
My goal book says "brew". I have to brew 6 of each and then it takes 8 of each to upgrade to level 6. If I remember correctly it was that way for the other levels too. You have to brew some of them
No you don't. If you have them they will count. As long as you have at least 6 of a potion, it will count as completed. If you have less it will say something like 3/6 if you have 3 potions already brewed.

tonyjosiah
03-21-17, 10:21 AM
I got the Leprechaun Faerie for anyone who wants to see... stop on by for a visit... look for the rainbows to the left side of my realm

judafarm
03-21-17, 10:28 AM
Till now I did 4 TIMES NOT RECEIVE GREEN WISP FROM IVY :mad::mad::mad:
That means 2 whole days !!!!
How can I finish this game ???
Im level 3
Still waiting for a green wisp, so I can level up to 4

If im right.. I do need 4 green wisp for level 4 and then 8 again???
That means 12 green wisp and still the one I do need for this level 3
That's 13 = 6,5 days !!!

Green wisp only from Ivy???
Not fair then that Ivy not always give green wisp..

Again..this will be an event that I can't finish :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

tuffyjkitten
03-21-17, 10:28 AM
No you don't. If you have them they will count. As long as you have at least 6 of a potion, it will count as completed. If you have less it will say something like 3/6 if you have 3 potions already brewed.

Thank you!

HuckleTown
03-21-17, 11:22 AM
Princess Celestine mentioned she has been enjoying this event. I have been too. There are enough different tasks to concentrate on that you can switch around. I would concentrate on the red and orange wisps and use excess energy for yellow wisps and dust.

It started with a feeling of being able to accomplish it without babysitting your game 24/7.

I have been babysitting 24/7 so far and have enough of every wisp but green (expected) and purple to earn the faire. I only need 3 from Ivy, so unless I get the no drop from Ivy bug, I should have those by tomorrow night. I still need 5 purple wisps and haven't seen any in a very long time. I've found 2 in more than 3 days. If that continues, there is no way I can finish. It's not worth using gems to speed up collection if they aren't there.

I figure I need 20 more rock outcroppings to get all the dust I need and am 11 unlucky trolls from the horse. So now I am setting timers for my mine, chopping rocks and collecting from my farmhouses. It will be nice to get all my lucky dust so I can plant and harvest crops again and I need mermaid scales and orange fish. All my ponds are waiting to be placed/collected from.

I am hoping my purple wisps show up because this feeling of S8 finally giving an event everyone can do will disappear.

Also, I don't understand why different levels had different potion requirements. I feel sorry for the higher levels because if you miss an ivy collection, you can't make it.

manusing
03-21-17, 12:12 PM
Chop chop chop !!! So many direboars which drain energy!!! And so little dust and coins... How can we finish? Very poor rate of purple whisp... Not to mention the return of the adventure ! Gold nugget for what? One of each easy to get whisp !! Even if we work hard on it, it perhaps will be an impossible task... Soooooo bad!!!!!! I could do with a little bit of luck !!!!!

msmorg
03-21-17, 12:14 PM
This is sooo not fair!! I haven't been able to get a purple wisp for 2 days and when I finally was able to do an adventure and get a purple wisp it reloaded and when I collected again NO PURPLE WISP!! I can't advance because the mines won't drop and Lucky Coins are rare and then I get cheated out of the one I finally get!

lmirul
03-21-17, 12:22 PM
Do the wisps stop dropping once you've finished the final goal?

Sirelie
03-21-17, 12:23 PM
From farmhouse I droped the bandit a 1/10. Whisp on chickens too, 1/10. Whisps from mushroom circles and mines was better, 1/5. From 1 rock was in average 4 dusts, and 1 skunkupine from 3 rocks. From 1 tree was cca 2 whisps. Ivy got whisp everytime. From all rocks I had 36 gold coins. From 7 adventures I had 3 green whisps. Now I am waiting for 5 green whisps from Ivy, everything else I am ready.
Lucky Clydesdale I have gained in Sunday evening (on my time zone).
Uf. I am lucky that I have holidays.

Zirilka
03-21-17, 12:49 PM
I need 8 green wisps to get to lvl 6. I guess s8 is teaching us about "patience" lol

Same here. :)

Funny enough, I find elixir #3 the easiest to get. I need only 3 more.

nateryd
03-21-17, 01:14 PM
The rainbow River fully upgraded is only coins for me, but the event isn't over .. So who knows. I'm thinking it will stay coins. It could at least give a bucket of water here or there ;)

ktorewqas
03-21-17, 01:38 PM
Im level 3

That's 13 = 6,5 days !!!

Again..this will be an event that I can't finish :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I think you should contact the support. Everyone gets 1 each time :confused:

h72g
03-21-17, 01:52 PM
Just noticed, that I have two unlucky traps in my inventory..
Seems to be a reward for part 7 or 8? Or a drop from the adventure?
I didn't buy the trap, but now that part of the goal is auto completed!
So if I am lucky enough to find enough unlucky bandits,
I might finish this goal with +20 gems :)

lizzytish24
03-21-17, 02:00 PM
Green wisp does not drop with every visit to Ivy! I have had 2 visits, so far, with no drops. Also, the mines are not dropping the purple wisps--- none, in 4 visits.( for total of 8 misses from 2 mines total). Do not see how quest can be finished without purchase of gems, Shame on you ,CASTLE STORY, for becoming so greedy!! Used to be, one could complete quests, if time put in gameplay. Now, I need to be rich or at least have disposable income!

meme1098
03-21-17, 02:06 PM
Do the wisps stop dropping once you've finished the final goal?

All the crafts disappear from the potion shop & no more drops from mines, outcroppings, etc.

tankerslacers
03-21-17, 03:28 PM
What strategies are people using during this event in regards to keeping up with the rest of the chores around their castle? I am trying to makes stones and wisps like crazy as I don't want to spend all that energy chopping rocks and have all those stones and coal go to waste. The wood is easier to deal with - just brew up a couple of builder's paste. But I'm also trying to keep my kitchens going meaning I need to keep crops going as well.
What are others doing? Are you just letting the stone and coal exceed the max of 99? Are you keeping your kitchens running?

Den8137259
03-21-17, 03:34 PM
What strategies are people using during this event in regards to keeping up with the rest of the chores around their castle?

★ I ignored the daily chores lol, just focus the energies on the event (: ★

★ same goes for my neighbors, their queendoms n kingdoms are so sparkling lol (: ★

tankerslacers
03-21-17, 04:02 PM
I really wish the gold coin rate was higher too. Two of my daily alicorns dropped 100 each tonight so I had about 250 energy and I predominantly chopped rocks. Got 1 gold coin.... I'd definitely go on more adventures if the drop rate was higher. Happy there's still plenty of time left. ;)

What do you mean by "daily alicorn" and how did you get them? Is there a difference between that alicorn and the Rainbow Alicorn you can earn at the Elven(so?) Post. I sure could use the added energy.

PrincessCelestian
03-21-17, 04:06 PM

Yes you can keep making the other potions. It says brew bit means have. It's just bad wording by S8. I have premade all of my potions and my goals have auto completed at all levels thus far.

PrincessCelestian
03-21-17, 04:13 PM
What do you mean by "daily alicorn" and how did you get them? Is there a difference between that alicorn and the Rainbow Alicorn you can earn at the Elven(so?) Post. I sure could use the added energy.

Daily alicorns are alicorns with a 22 hour timer vs a 7 day one. They drop a random drop of between 4 and 100 energy. So the rainbow Ali is a daily Ali.

rulerofjennyville
03-21-17, 04:54 PM
Im level 3

That's 13 = 6,5 days !!!

Again..this will be an event that I can't finish :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They've been very unfair about this the last three contests. They lost money with me - I would have bought the $4.99 pack but was unwilling to spend money on a contest I might not be able to finish in time. They need to make their competitions doable in the time allowed.

ktorewqas
03-21-17, 04:58 PM
Just noticed, that I have two unlucky traps in my inventory..
Seems to be a reward for part 7 or 8? Or a drop from the adventure?
I didn't buy the trap, but now that part of the goal is auto completed!
So if I am lucky enough to find enough unlucky bandits,
I might finish this goal with +20 gems :)
Part 7&8 both reward 1 trap

BufftonHeights
03-21-17, 05:36 PM
I just noticed that the unlucky trap I got from part 7 auto completed the purchase a trap goal for the Clydesdale goal. I think that means that when I craft the Clydesdale I will get 20 gems, without having spent gems to buy the trap. OMG, I finally came out ahead on something. :cool:

swstar
03-21-17, 07:27 PM
So frustrated! I am really trying with this event but these random drops are killing me! My mine has not dropped a wisp in 2 days!!! I am getting wisp from ivy only one a day not every time, chickens haven't dropped any on over 60 times. Don't get me started on the pirate troll, i have 10 houses out and only get one every 50-60 checks. I have only gone on 2 adventures because thats all the coins i have gotten since the beginning. What gives?! Im maxed on levels, this should not be so hard!

coolssp
03-21-17, 08:12 PM
Someone help me with the math of potion #2 here. We need 19 potions, two green wisps from Ivy's hut means 19 days but the event is for 12 days... How do we get the rest of the potions? From what I've seen and read, adventures don't drop them either. Am I missing something?

kattkrazie
03-21-17, 08:27 PM
Someone help me with the math of potion #2 here. We need 19 potions, two green wisps from Ivy's hut means 19 days but the event is for 12 days... How do we get the rest of the potions? From what I've seen and read, adventures don't drop them either. Am I missing something?

If you collect 2 green wisps each day, you'd have collected 24 by the end of the event. So you could miss a few collections and still be able to craft the 19 potions. And the adventure does drop green wisps as well, just not each time. It's a rare drop from the adventure.

riverly
03-21-17, 08:29 PM
I got mixed up on this too and then realized 1 green wisp is needed for the potion so 19 potions is doable in 8 days. I thought I was going to be going down to the wire on them, but then realized I can make 2 potions in one day. I should be done in 2 days.

topmom952
03-21-17, 08:35 PM
I have only been getting 1 red, yellow, orange wisp from the adventures. Is this normal? I have to collect from trees, mushrooms and chickens to get enough wisps. The coins have been very scarce from rocks. :(

coolssp
03-21-17, 08:37 PM

My bad :), yes one wisp per potion, what was I thinking?

kattkrazie
03-21-17, 08:45 PM
I have only been getting 1 red, yellow, orange wisp from the adventures. Is this normal? I have to collect from trees, mushrooms and chickens to get enough wisps. The coins have been very scarce from rocks. :(

Unfortunately, this is normal. I got the rarer colored wisps about every 3-4 adventures. The common drop is for red, orange, and yellow. But I sometimes did receive multiples of those colors.

ladlasse
03-21-17, 08:46 PM
I have all I need for potions 1 and 3 and am waiting on Ivy's Hut for the green wisps. I need 9 more green wisps to complete the event. I still need a few yellow wisps, but should have plenty of time to get those while waiting for the green. I noticed that the orange and yellow wisp drop rates were reduced. I also had been getting lucky dust with almost every chop of rock, but now I only get 5 per 20 chop stone. I should still be ok and complete the event and probably will be able to get the Clydesdale, too. I think this event has been more fun and less stressful. Tonight I did buy the energy/gem pack just because I didn't want to wait to get further ahead on my yellow wisps and lucky dust, but even if I hadn't I think I'd be able to complete. I didn't get a purple wisp every time, but maybe every other collection or 2 out of 3. I hope the rest of you are able to get the purple wisps you need. Good luck!

riverly
03-21-17, 09:04 PM
My bad :), yes one wisp per potion, what was I thinking?i don't know about you but speaking for myself I tend to overthink things, especially after a busy day or Dealing with insomnia. Hey! it happens.
Also today has been a troll bandit bonanza! I mean I was getting one after another. Very surprised.
The only thing I'm doing differently, which may be pure coincidence, is I have not been watching the crazy daily videos. They kept messing up and so I just gave up on them. They were getting to be more of a headache than anything.

cavegirl1
03-21-17, 09:16 PM
Judging by my neighbours and my progress, this event is more achievable for a lot of people. I have started to get a lot of requests for the lucky hats so people are working on the final stage. Not quite there yet myself but only need 1 more green wisp to complete level 5. Then just need the final 8 green and 2 more violet wisps to get the last potions. Violet wisp drop rates have been good lately for me. (Hope I haven't jinxed myself now!)

Still collecting lucky dust but that will be achievable waiting for Ivy and I can also focus on trying to get 8 more clovers to get the Clydesdale

Someone asked about what people are doing in the rest of their kingdoms during this. I collect from things that give useful / rare drops, like my cabbage huts, golden mines, beastbane etc but the rest is neglected ... Oh and I'm doing adventures as they give energy and I have everything they need in inventory :)

dazzy_rascal
03-21-17, 09:20 PM
Should get my horse by tomorrow and whatshername the day after, if my rates stay as they are. On average I'd say I had:

Red wisp: 25%
Orange: 10%
Yellow: 33%
Green: 100%
Blue: 100% (skunkupine 1-2% from rocks)
Violet: 25%
Dust: 20%
Lucky coin: 2%
Clover: 100% (15% spawn chance, mostly bandits with rare fangbeasts)

I think the spawn+drop rate calculations involve quite a few factors... game version, number of buildings and their level, your own level, even the time of the day. Would explain the huge variations everyone has noticed.

My two adventures yielded only a red, orange and yellow wisp, so decided to stop given that I was on track for those wisps, and didn't need to gamble and waste clovers for the other ones. Used 7 or 8 energy searching for wisps and dust, before attempting my 6 farmhouses for a bandit, rinse and repeat while ignoring everything else to save energy.

I usually don't bother with timed events but this was ok in the end. Will be glad to get back on track with the story, which will probably take a few days now that my resources are all messed up!

HuckleTown
03-21-17, 10:45 PM
I have been ignoring my kingdom also (except for Sir Piggles and the stable, I need wool, lemons and apples).

I am now chopping rocks, colllecting from farmhouses.

I'm tapping on the mine but still no purple wisps, has anyone from S8 acknowledged there's a problem?

RevdKathy
03-21-17, 11:57 PM
This is really where we need a Kingdom exchange system (I know it's possible as one or two of the other games do it). I still need a few red, orange and yellow wisps, but even assuming I can collect without missing and have a 100% drop rate from Ivy it will take me to Sunday morning to finish. I already have more purple wisps than I need, so by Sunday I will be awash with them. I'd happily trade for red or orange, or lucky dust from people with more energy than I. Or even swap for other items I need in my Kingdom. 5 purple dust for a trade ticket, or three for something I need for trading for tickets. Or a gold nugget for an expansion permit!

That would be much more useful than the silly leader board stuff. What about it S8? You could charge a trade rate if you wanted gems.

vickibabes
03-22-17, 12:30 AM
No unlucky bandits spawned since Monday at the farmhouses, instead I get fang beasts every single time!!!!

I haven't had a single purple wisp from a sparkling mine in 6 collections whereas before I got at least 1 each time.

The game has slowed right down on what you get since the start of this week, and it's really annoying because it means I am even less likely to finish any of the tasks. Thanks a bunch S8, that means I have lost 20 gems because I won't get the ugly horse I was convinced would be a dead cert because of how quickly the spawn rate was.

brigadoon365
03-22-17, 12:58 AM
I have just figured out I need another 270 gold dust. With maybe six per outcropping, that is 45 outcroppings. I'm going to go bankrupt from buying rocks! My people are going to revolt and I think I'm going to lose ruler status. At least Marie Antoinette got to have cake. All I get is rocks. Which I have to chop myself. Heck, forget losing my throne...they might lynch me! 😵

brigadoon365
03-22-17, 01:00 AM
This is really where we need a Kingdom exchange system (I know it's possible as one or two of the other games do it). I still need a few red, orange and yellow wisps, but even assuming I can collect without missing and have a 100% drop rate from Ivy it will take me to Sunday morning to finish. I already have more purple wisps than I need, so by Sunday I will be awash with them. I'd happily trade for red or orange, or lucky dust from people with more energy than I. Or even swap for other items I need in my Kingdom. 5 purple dust for a trade ticket, or three for something I need for trading for tickets. Or a gold nugget for an expansion permit!

That would be much more useful than the silly leader board stuff. What about it S8? You could charge a trade rate if you wanted gems.
A market like the farm game would be awesome!

RevdKathy
03-22-17, 01:33 AM
A market like the farm game would be awesome!

People who had decided not to do a particular game could use the materials they collect in passing to get things the actually want. (I sat out the last leader board but still got given two completely useless trees. I'm sure someone would have taken them off my hands for something that might have helped me)

It would even out some of the vagaries of this game which has redefined the concept of 'random' in casual games, and would be community building, not destroying.

kendysek
03-22-17, 03:06 AM
This event looks doable. I got two green wisps from adventures (don't know how much adventures I did... maybe 8). I did not wasted energy on anything else (except golden mine, cabbage hut and sir pigglesworth) so I did not even craft anything to use my resources. I decided to use the wood and stone the fun way - I have been building farmhouses and than selling them for 100 coins. Maybe someone can say it is too much work with no effect, but it was quite fun for me and I'm allways low on money and no energy was wasted. And I hate black flags. ;)

MoonVillage3
03-22-17, 05:01 AM
Should get my horse by tomorrow and whatshername the day after, if my rates stay as they are. On average I'd say I had:

Red wisp: 25%
Orange: 10%
Yellow: 33%
Green: 100%
Blue: 100% (skunkupine 1-2% from rocks)
Violet: 25%
Dust: 20%
Lucky coin: 2%
Clover: 100% (15% spawn chance, mostly bandits with rare fangbeasts)

I think the spawn+drop rate calculations involve quite a few factors... game version, number of buildings and their level, your own level, even the time of the day. Would explain the huge variations everyone has noticed...................

To this spawn+drop rate calculations, considered so different in this event.. I would add also the type of device player is using.. and also the age of device and game version when downloaded.

For suggestions in what to do with your kingdom during events...
I collect only/least absolute necessary. In this type of event energy is a huge problem as consumes rapidly. So even the crafting/use of maxed materials and the energy used to collect them, when added up for the period of time, would make a great difference of the progress in the goals.
Actually.. I don't even do Elven exchanges in this period so all energy is consentrated and used on the event and my inventory does not fall to low. In this way you can be sure you will be able to finish in time with the energy given and inventory stock to last.
When S8 calculates the possibility of success of an event.. it certainly does not include other kingdom collections, only what's necessary for collection times, collections needed for events and hours dedicated to play, even if divided along the day.
Kingdoms that are able to do normal play as well as event progress must have secondary energy supplies, obviously, investing in this. At this point they gain returns in their investments and events are easily completed.
I do have my supply of Alis and daily Alis collected in my years of play.. but believe me I have dried them out in chopping rocks to find (for me) 'rare' gold coins.
Good Luck to everyone, and may you find whatever your 'rare' materials are. Much time is left.. so no need to panic.

spanisheyes1
03-22-17, 06:31 AM
I might have missed this in the previous posts but is anyone else getting the abismal drop from the mines (violet/purple wisps)?
I have now gone nearly three days without finding one. How can anyone actually manage with those sorts of odds!!!!!
Frustrated again doesnt even touch how I am feeling.

Moon just read your last comment in your last post. My friend I am not panicking I am resigned but disappointed.

BTW? I have rainbow river at level 2 only and no resources to pay for the wisps.

cccymaaa
03-22-17, 07:15 AM
My nemesis, acer trees are only dropping one wisp per tree, and rocks only 4/5 dusts and hardly ever any coin. Got the Clydesdale but still a long way to go.
The one thing I notice in my game though and haven't seen it mentioned here is that wisps are coming from the same chickens, red mushroom and mostly the same mine over and over and they are the ones that I took out from the inventory. Same with the farm house that only 3 out of my 7 farm house spawn the troll.

HuckleTown
03-22-17, 08:26 AM
I'm still purple wisp poor, none today so far...I only need 4 to finish but going on 4+ days with only 2, I don't see how I will complete this. That's ridiculous that I am faithfully tapping and only concentrating on this event and I will be 4 purple wisps short because my mines stopped dropping purple wisps.

AinoDK
03-22-17, 08:45 AM
I now have all required dust and wisps except the green to complete, even keeping souveniers of everything. I need 6 (or 8 if souveniers) more green, but Ivy is almost ready. I also have coins for 2 more adventures, I might get lucky.

The Clydesdale is also crafted. It was a nice surprise that with 2 traps as prizes, I didn't need to buy a trap but still got 20 gems. Glad I didn't buy one early.

Debating whether to go for an extra Clydesdale, but will probably start taking care of my neglected queendom again instead. During a timed event apart from event items I only collect from golden mines, cabbage hut, tables, adventures (drawing on my stock of feasts) and of couse wizard schools and alis. Is anyone collecting clover for a second horse?

msmorg
03-22-17, 08:45 AM
Omg after 3 days of no purple wisps I finally got one from my mine, who hoo!

ladyperidot
03-22-17, 09:33 AM

I agree, this would be great!

kattkrazie
03-22-17, 10:16 AM
I now have all required dust and wisps except the green to complete, even keeping souveniers of everything. I need 6 (or 8 if souveniers) more green, but Ivy is almost ready. I also have coins for 2 more adventures, I might get lucky.

The Clydesdale is also crafted. It was a nice surprise that with 2 traps as prizes, I didn't need to buy a trap but still got 20 gems. Glad I didn't buy one early.

Debating whether to go for an extra Clydesdale, but will probably start taking care of my neglected queendom again instead. During a timed event apart from event items I only collect from golden mines, cabbage hut, tables, adventures (drawing on my stock of feasts) and of couse wizard schools and alis. Is anyone collecting clover for a second horse?

Yes, I have continued collecting clovers since I finished the main event. Unlucky bandits have been spawning easily, so I figured I might as well craft as many as I can, just for something to do. The Clydesdale is much cuter than the brown horse. Good luck!

MisterBlu
03-22-17, 10:48 AM
How am I supposed to complete this quest without buying and using gems if my mines do not produce purple wisps? I have had 1 wisp in 3 days. Oh, hang on, maybe I have answered my own question.

pcfroglad
03-22-17, 11:02 AM
Sorry, but this is the usual endless chopping and rock hacking event designed to extract the maximum number of gems from each player. I started halfheartedly and then quickly realized that I just could not be bothered. Funnily enough i have loads of green and purple wisps - probably enough to finish the event in time. The more you want, the less you get...?

I continue to tend my kingdom and hope for better times ...

scavaig
03-22-17, 11:13 AM
SW/S8 - can you confirm if the green wisp from Ivy's house is a guaranteed drop? There seems to be confusion on this.

I have always got one on every collection - so for those who have not is this a bug that needs reporting?

Like others, I am relying on a drop of green wisps from ivy every time to complete the quest on time :-/

PikaSquirrel
03-22-17, 11:24 AM
The Green Wisp is a guaranteed drop while working on the Goals' Somewhere Over The Rainbow' from Ivy's Hut. You need to be at least on the 3rd part of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' to get this drop.

puzzlecatz
03-22-17, 11:47 AM
I seem to be getting a good gold nugget drop from out croppings for this event and think it is a good time to stockpile on these for the future. I am ready to complete the final upgrade to my river but am hesitant as once I have done this I am afraid my nugget drops will decrease. Does anyone know whether drops will continue til the timer runs out or will they discontinue as soon as I have completed all my goals?

DarcyFeather
03-22-17, 12:06 PM
Omg after 3 days of no purple wisps I finally got one from my mine, who hoo!

Three days seem to be the magic number. I've gone 3 days without purple wisps from the mine before they started coming. Now, it's 3 days without bandits from the farmhouses. They're too few and far between that I only have 7 clovers though I play regularly and even monitor progress with an alarm clock! This randomness is ridiculous since the playing field is not level. Some are bound to get the prize, others seem rigged to lose. I agree on the suggestion to have a marketplace where players can sell what they have in excess and trade for what they really need. That declutters the storage and builds fun relationships with neighbors.

Seriously, S8. Resources that drop from 12-hour buildings should not even be considered for timed events! And if you want to keep using gold nuggets in every single event, then don't make it a rare item! People will just force quit the game, pass up the event, or worse, delete the app out of frustration.

scavaig
03-22-17, 12:45 PM
The Green Wisp is a guaranteed drop while working on the Goals' Somewhere Over The Rainbow' from Ivy's Hut. You need to be at least on the 3rd part of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' to get this drop.

Fantastic - thanks for the quick reply <3

nukesters2
03-22-17, 01:00 PM
Also from corn and flowers and Pepe and the skunk house if you have them 😃

I have not had a skunkupine in 2 full days. stuck trying to make the potion to level river up to 3. Pretty sure I won't be finishing this even even with all the work involved. :(

MoonVillage3
03-22-17, 01:05 PM
I might have missed this in the previous posts but is anyone else getting the abismal drop from the mines (violet/purple wisps)?
I have now gone nearly three days without finding one. How can anyone actually manage with those sorts of odds!!!!!
Frustrated again doesnt even touch how I am feeling.

Moon just read your last comment in your last post. My friend I am not panicking I am resigned but disappointed.

BTW? I have rainbow river at level 2 only and no resources to pay for the wisps.
Hi Spanisheyes.. we're nbrs so came over to look at your kingdom to see if I could help you. I immediately noticed you have only 1 Mine to collect from.. we can have 2 in our kingdom, so the collection of purple wisps will go much faster if you can build the other one.

HuckleTown
03-22-17, 01:21 PM
I seem to be getting a good gold nugget drop from out croppings for this event and think it is a good time to stockpile on these for the future. I am ready to complete the final upgrade to my river but am hesitant as once I have done this I am afraid my nugget drops will decrease. Does anyone know whether drops will continue til the timer runs out or will they discontinue as soon as I have completed all my goals?
How can everyone's games be so different? I have gotten exactly 2 nuggets the entire event. I have chopped so many rocks I have 294 lucky coins and only need 14 lucky dust to have enough for all the potions (IF I get the purple wisps).

Also, S8 turned off the lucky coin with every chop as soon as they got to work on Monday but there hasn't even been an acknowledgement of a problem with purple wisps (the number of mines doesn't seem to matter, people with 2 mines are also not receiving purple wisps).

MisterBlu
03-22-17, 01:28 PM
Hi Spanisheyes.. we're nbrs so came over to look at your kingdom to see if I could help you. I immediately noticed you have only 1 Mine to collect from.. we can have 2 in our kingdom, so the collection of purple wisps will go much faster if you can build the other one.

Don't bank on it! I have 2 mines and have only had 1 purple wisp in 3 days.

SpiritWind00
03-22-17, 01:33 PM
My mines are also variant about dropping purple wisps, but it's not a bug (unfortunately); it's just so random it's frustrating for some. Then out of nowhere they both drop one and you're back in the game. I really hope they start dropping for you HuckleTown!

I also want to report back about the display resolution of the rainbow river. This has been fixed. You shouldn't have to reinstall, but you will need to force close your game to see the higher resolution image of this item.

HuckleTown
03-22-17, 01:36 PM
Thanks SW, I Hope the group of us have a change of luck also.

kendysek
03-22-17, 01:37 PM
I also want to report back about the display resolution of the rainbow river. This has been fixed. You shouldn't have to reinstall, but you will need to force close your game to see the higher resolution image of this item.

Oh, thank you, the river looks nice now! :o

MisterBlu
03-22-17, 01:54 PM
Why are my mines not dropping purple wisps? My river is still at level 2 because I cannot make the purple potion to continue to level 3. How can I possibly hope to complete this goal at this rate?

0LIW0
03-22-17, 02:01 PM
Ivy with your hut only every 12 hours and giving me only ONE GREEN WISP. Everything else works fine. This surplus of stones and woood is irritating me aswell. Grrrrrr

ladlasse
03-22-17, 03:02 PM
I received 3 lucky clover. When I looked at the back of the card, it says use them in the lucky workshop to exchange for something nice. Has anyone else received these? I don't think I even know what the lucky workshop is.

letf8b
03-22-17, 03:25 PM
Ladlasse I believe you are talking about the lucky clover that we can plant to make things in the regular work shop.

Meereen39
03-22-17, 03:56 PM
How can everyone's games be so different? I have gotten exactly 2 nuggets the entire event. I have chopped so many rocks I have 294 lucky coins and only need 14 lucky dust to have enough for all the potions (IF I get the purple wisps).

Also, S8 turned off the lucky coin with every chop as soon as they got to work on Monday but there hasn't even been an acknowledgement of a problem with purple wisps (the number of mines doesn't seem to matter, people with 2 mines are also not receiving purple wisps). I have the same problem with purple wisps..but I am sure I will get there in the end least I have a stockpile of other potions...I think you will probably find it improves soon..let's hope..I have not gone on any adventures either no coins or nuggets..oh well

tuffyjkitten
03-22-17, 03:57 PM
OMG stop with the rollbacks already!! Twice today I have synced before collecting from my mines and they have rolled back anyways. The first collection I got 2 purple wisps and after the rollback I only had 1. The second time I had 1 purple wisp and after the rollback I had none! Really....the things are rare enough and then the game steals 2 of the 3 from me??? :mad:

Eilonthay
03-22-17, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know what the lucky hats are for? I keep getting requests for them from my neighbors.

EDIT: Nevermind! It's for the last step in upgrading the rainbow...you need 20.

danzplace
03-22-17, 05:17 PM
Hi all!
I will get the Leprechaun but not the horse. My choice to focus...

What I found helpful this time was -
Chopping rocks. While monotonous it does bring in. Line and the occasional gold nugget, plus you don't need to grow them first.
Making a neighbor request simultaneously with a hard task - brilliant!
Needing only 20 Responses - lovely
Needing to complete a variety of tasks
Earning a limited number of deco (since they just go into storage)
Having a chance to earn a cool prize - luminescence and gold items are great drops. I just hope this doesn't go the way of my lucky but which gives me 1 mermaid or coins often scale for a lot of resources. I keep it out because it's cute.

Challenging -
Locating skunkupines - but not the end of the world and the traps are the most affordable
Waiting for Ivy's hut - stressful timeline
Trying to do it all - sorry need to work to support my hobbies

Thanks for continuing to support the game!!!!!

rebanne
03-22-17, 05:58 PM
I am also having a difficult time getting purple wisps. Have not gotten one purple on the adventures and only about two a day from my mines if I am lucky.

ladlasse
03-22-17, 07:27 PM
Ladlasse I believe you are talking about the lucky clover that we can plant to make things in the regular work shop.

Thank you, letf8b. You are absolutely correct. Not sure where my head is, but I guess I've been focusing so much on the event and not regular play. I harvested some of those and must have gotten more than I thought. I had just finished slaying the unlucky bandit, and in inventory those clover were right next to the lucky clover so I wasn't sure where it came from. I thought maybe it came from the slaying. Thanks for helping me out.

llj_sea
03-22-17, 07:36 PM
I liked this event. I am 6 green orbs (3 days) away from finishing. I had a few days of dry mines but those were offset by the adventures. I have all the lucky dust I need (so no more rock mining). But, overall, mining got me coins for about 4-5 adventures. I still have more work for the horse but 5 days is plenty of time for that. I only used a couple gems to align Ivey's hut to a 12 hour cycle where I could hit it before and after work. Following Katz advice, I did focus early energy on rock mining. All and all, very doable.

Den8137259
03-22-17, 08:22 PM
Unlucky bandits have been spawning easily, so I figured I might as well craft as many as I can, just for something to do. The Clydesdale is much cuter than the brown horse. Good luck!

hi kattkrazie, ditto for me (:

I am grabbing any unlucky bandit that comes my way!

the Clydesdale may not drop much but it's definitely something I would like to get more of, as a personal goal, since we have a few days left for event. ★

msmorg
03-22-17, 08:55 PM
I got a purple wisp from each mine, yea!!!!

yummy_bistro
03-22-17, 09:00 PM
no sign of purple wisp for 24 hours -_-

kattkrazie
03-22-17, 09:10 PM
hi kattkrazie, ditto for me (:

I am grabbing any unlucky bandit that comes my way!

the Clydesdale may not drop much but it's definitely something I would like to get more of, as a personal goal, since we have a few days left for event. ★

Yeah, the Clydesdale is a great source of fertilizer which I'm always needing for the Elven trades. I'm usually maxed on horse hair so I've started making rope. Hopefully, we'll need it someday. :D

DarcyFeather
03-22-17, 10:17 PM
I finally figured what comes out of the rainbow adventures. I might be mistaken, but I've seen the pattern after going through several adventures. Here's the tip ... The type of coloured wisp you'll get depends on what you have in your storage at the time you collect from the adventure. So if you only have yellow, orange, and blue in your storage, expect to redeem one each of the yellow, orange, and blue wisps at the end of 4 hours.

At one time, I took the end of the rainbow adventure because I had everything except the green wisps. True enough, I collected all coloured wisps and the rock outcropping dust... but no green wisp! Another time, I only had an orange, yellow, and red in my storage. After the adventure, I also collected one each of orange, yellow, and red. I thought it was a random fluke, so I tried to go on several other adventures. Each time, the pattern continued. I'm not sure if this pattern will hold for other players, or those using other devices. But it doesn't harm you to try.

So I suggest, don't make your potions yet and keep a few of the wisps in your storage until an adventure is done. Might work... or might not. For me, it did. Hopefully, it works for you guys too.

derekpizzaking
03-22-17, 10:51 PM
I'm still having a horrid time with drop rates, with trolls spawning. I bust my hump, I'm only on level 3 of the rainbow river. I've chopped mountains of rock for 11 lucky coins.... 11, and people are getting 100 of them, one with every chop. But with those 11, I decided to use 5 and do at least one adventure, I hated using a lucky clover, it dropped me down 7 from 8. If I got more trolls and less fang beasts, I could perhaps have had more. 5 days left I don't think I'm going to get the leprechaun or the horse. I'm so not having "the luck of the Irish".

MoonVillage3
03-22-17, 10:52 PM
@ DarcyFeather
ummm! this could be possible. keeping one in our inventory makes no harm and possibly we'll receive another to pair along. anything is worth trying, as the possibilities differ so much.. we never know what works.

for those collecting lucky clovers for the lucky horse.. place 10/12 farm houses. tap all! do a quick collect and something is bound to happen. your chances are more with more farm houses you place as you can repeat the procedure.

MoonVillage3
03-22-17, 10:59 PM
I'm still having a horrid time with drop rates, with trolls spawning. I bust my hump, I'm only on level 3 of the rainbow river. I've chopped mountains of rock for 11 lucky coins.... 11, and people are getting 100 of them, one with every chop. But with those 11, I decided to use 5 and do at least one adventure, I hated using a lucky clover, it dropped me down 7 from 8. If I got more trolls and less fang beasts, I could perhaps have had more. 5 days left I don't think I'm going to get the leprechaun or the horse. I'm so not having "the luck of the Irish".
those getting 100s of lucky coins are 'lucky' to have this glitch.. you like me (and most) are in the group of normality. collect as frequent as you can.. it's the times you collect that raise your possibilities of finding what you need. fangbeasts are there just to make collections more difficult, they have to appear in order to get to the unlucky bandit round of appearing.
Good Luck!

HuckleTown
03-22-17, 11:08 PM
Well, I officially only need purple wisp. I should feel good about that and I mostly do; I am excited to now focus on my kingdom. However it's been so long since I've gotten a purple wisp that I am worried about finishing. My drop rate of 2 every 4 days won't allow me to finish.

FYI, those of us "lucky" enough to get 100's of lucky coins from rocks didn't receive any gold nuggets and don't have enough in inventory to use to get wisps (r,y,o) that were easy to acquire anyway.

MoonVillage3
03-22-17, 11:26 PM
on a note of encouragement and not delusion.. I've finished as I have lots of energy supply can work faster, and add, it's all possible if you collect regularly without missing collections on Mines and Ivy's. the chances are all there.. but if you miss collections, you'll also miss out on your chances. there are periods of no drops but also periods drops come in.

farm houses: needs 10/12
chickens: needs at least 15
mines: collect at each collection from both mines, at different times seems more helpful.
ivy's: each collection counts!
skunkypines: plant at least 10 corns.. chop them and continue chopping a rock. before collection finishes 1 will appear.
trees: calculate 1 or 2 per tree, but I've also seen 4/5
energy: use all normal energy and don't let it overflow, do normal adventures as well, energy returns are much higher than usual. use lucky workshop, green house, visit nbrs.. anything that gives extra energy. Alis and daily Alis are precious.

abandon other collections not needed at the moment and set up kingdom with whatever is useful for the event.. you can always put it back to normal after with help of a photo if you don't remember. forget trying to use max materials, it's a pity but you need the energy used to collect them, you can always stock up again when things are calm.

and.. don't loose hope and Good Luck!

HuckleTown
03-22-17, 11:34 PM
Moon, I haven't missed any collections and have only concentrated on the event (as evidenced by every other resource, including green wisps and clovers for the horse, has been obtained). I've lost hope but will still set those timers to not get a purple wisp from the mines.:(

RevdKathy
03-22-17, 11:37 PM
I feel so mean. I have purple wisps to spare and others need them so badly. :(

MoonVillage3
03-22-17, 11:43 PM
Moon, I haven't missed any collections and have only concentrated on the event (as evidenced by every other resource, including green wisps and clovers for the horse, has been obtained). I've lost hope but will still set those timers to not get a purple wisp from the mines.:(

My congratulations! I saw you're well ahead and will be able to finish with time to spare.. and maybe even time for a 2nd Lucky Clydesdale.. lol!
Your kingdom even if not fully developed is giving you all what you need. You will soon receive Aideen.
For the future.. build your other Mines and whatever else you can have two of. This helps alot to save time and also raises our possibilities during events when timed.

PS.. only collection from our Sparkling Mine counts (the small one called Mine) the Deep Mine doesn't give purple wisps. We are allowed to have 2 of each.

MoonVillage3
03-22-17, 11:48 PM
I feel so mean. I have purple wisps to spare and others need them so badly. :(
don't feel bad.. there's nothing we can do to gift away our extras. You may have lots of some materials needed.. but maybe lacking in others. That's our luck! The only things we can do from our kingdoms is offer help and give suggestions to those who are in difficulty.
and even that is difficult as in this event we have different types of drops.

scavaig
03-23-17, 12:40 AM
I don't think I have ever had so many requests from neighbours for hats:-)

This event seems to have been a success for most - it is certainly doable for me - just waiting for the last green wisps I need to drop.

Thanks S8 .

rainsunset
03-23-17, 12:49 AM
I see some people are ready to make the last upgrade! Cool! I'm glad we don't need clever for the 6th upgrade. Now I can collect for pony. It's good that this time we don't need to hurry. I play with pleasure and know that I have time to make last upgrade. It's a pity that green wisps can be found only 2 times a day. I sent my nights to the adventure 3 times. 2times I collected all wisps. And the last time only red, orange and yellow. So I think there's no point to use nuggets and send knights to this adventure. It's a pity that all wisps are not guaranteed.

Alohatami
03-23-17, 01:26 AM
Murphy's Law in action. I used a couple of gems to speed up my mines so I could collect before bed. I got 0 purple wisps. Figures. :P

cavegirl1
03-23-17, 02:29 AM
(Partial quote below)

farm houses: needs 10/12
chickens: needs at least 15
mines: collect at each collection from both mines, at different times seems more helpful.
ivy's: each collection counts!
skunkypines: plant at least 10 corns.. chop them and continue chopping a rock. before collection finishes 1 will appear.
trees: calculate 1 or 2 per tree, but I've also seen 4/5
energy: use all normal energy and don't let it overflow, do normal adventures as well, energy returns are much higher than usual. use lucky workshop, green house, visit nbrs.. anything that gives extra energy. Alis and daily Alis are precious.

I think the numbers of various items that work depend on game play for each individual - there are no set numbers that are going to necessarily be right in all cases.

I only had 6 farmhouses out - and am about to put them away as I have all the clovers I need given I only want to craft one Clydesdale. :)

I only had 8 chickens out - 2 more than normal for me.

Never needed to plant crops for skunkupines as I was inundated with them from rock chopping.

I'll be going to the last day to do the final upgrade due to Ivy but can pretty much go back to normal game play for these last few days.

rebanne
03-23-17, 03:22 AM
I just spent 50 gems on a lucky rock and didn't get 1 lucky coin. Very upsetting.

wintersno
03-23-17, 03:27 AM
Whoa and omg! This is my first post and I just had to write bc this is the most unexpected event for me to actually finish with time left to spare and not much frustration. I am a level 35 player and this is the first event that I have finished with still many days remaining! -big sigh of relief- last pond event I was unable to finish no matter how hard I tried or how much I played... it was impossible. Other events so far I have finished but it took a lot of constant game checking and down to the last day. I have been reading the forums for tips whenever doing these events and thank you to all who post and help. This event has been different for many people as I have been reading and the level requirements are a change as well. As a lower level player with only 6 daily alicorns which rarely give much energy, it was a pleasant surprise for me. I don't think I would have been able to finish if I was in the higher level bracket. Just to share my experience I had the most trouble getting violet wisps and orange ones. I was worried about the blue as well bc no skunkupines were showing up but I kept chopping rocks and eventually they sprang up here and there but I got many many trolls. So I got the skunkupines from only chopping rocks and being patient. I was also in the lucky category of players who got the lucky gold with each rock chop. First few days I didn't get any then all of a sudden the lucky gold just sprang up each time. I forgot exactly how many adventures I went on but I think it was approx 5 and most of them gave me the green wisp which was also how I was able to finish early and sry I didn't keep accurate track but I also received purple wisps as well (but green and red and orange were the most then yellow and purple). My main strategy was to focus on just getting the fairy and enough clovers to upgrade the waterfall and for the few adventures. i think I was very very lucky with this event and overall drop rates as well as wisps from adventures. By no means was it easy but it was in the realm of POSSIBLE and still challenging which I really appreciated for a change. I liked how neighbor requests were given at the same time while still gathering for the last upgrade. For this event I also liked how there was a cushion and not down to the last wire. I still don't have the horse but I'm going to try and hopefully the bandit rate is reasonable and fair for me to finish with the time remaining. I have a gold mine I invested in but I'm glad that S8 gave a chance for those who are struggling for gold to get some with the fairy (assuming it's not false advertising and gold stuff really does drop on a regular basis!) I'm also glad that this event was separated into brackets of high and lower levels but from what it sounds like with the drop rates and Ivy's hut it doesn't seem fair for higher levels. Sadly once I reach 36 I think I will be placed in the higher level bracket if s8 continues this for future events. I want to think that s8 is not some evil greedy company and they did this so lower level players can get the hang of events but who knows. Either way for both brackets it realllllllly should be fair and reasonable and doable without tons of alicorns or gem spending or having it down to the last wire even if playing constantly. Even if it is difficult to accommodate the varying differences among players, event drop rates should be RELIABLE and events should have a reasonable day or two of a cushion so players can play stress free and enjoy the game. Oh btw I liked that we got to gather from resources like mushrooms and chickens...I just wish cows were included instead of mushrooms so I could do the exchange. But that is just my personal preference since I didn't think I would finish early and due to energy constraints I didn't gather from anything that was not related to the event. Good luck to everyone!

Lyzau
03-23-17, 03:31 AM
I have not finished yet, still waiting on two more collections from Ivy to complete my green potions, but I loved this event. Yes there's a lot of chopping involved but other variety too. Love the Clydesdale! I think the event has ample time to finish, with the only difficulty being Ivy that needs religious collecting twice a day. I did get the rest of my wisps from adventures and collections.
This event has a nice pace, is well spread out over the week and has enough variety with collecting, chopping, crafting, fighting bandits. Well done! I hope to see more of these!

ladyperidot
03-23-17, 04:03 AM
I just spent 50 gems on a lucky rock and didn't get 1 lucky coin. Very upsetting.

Been ther, done that!

naughtyimp
03-23-17, 05:07 AM
It's interesting how different all the players experiences are.
I'm still way off getting this one done. I have 12 farmhouses out, masses of chickens and have been collecting all through the quest as much as I can within my work constraints. My spawn rate for trolls is just dismal, I can go through all 12 more than once with no trolls, but plenty of dire boars or fang beasts. My mines have produced similarly low results, no purples from the last 36 hours......and this was the case earlier in the week as well.
Ivy is a bit better but still not giving a green wisp on every collection.
I have sent off the knights adventure 4x but only get red yellow or orange wisps back, non of the more difficult ones! Still needing more blues too.
I'm currently trying for the last of the (green) potion 2 for the L4 to L5 upgrade, but then still need another 8 for the final one which is looking doubtful at the current levels as well as more 1's and 3's.
No chance for the Clydesdale unless something changes significantly on spawn rates as just not enough time or energy available to get the clovers.
All that said I'm still enjoying this quest more than any of the more recent ones.

MoonVillage3
03-23-17, 05:31 AM
I think the numbers of various items that work depend on game play for each individual - there are no set numbers that are going to necessarily be right in all cases.

I only had 6 farmhouses out - and am about to put them away as I have all the clovers I need given I only want to craft one Clydesdale. :)

I only had 8 chickens out - 2 more than normal for me.

Never needed to plant crops for skunkupines as I was inundated with them from rock chopping.

I'll be going to the last day to do the final upgrade due to Ivy but can pretty much go back to normal game play for these last few days.
of course there are many ways.. my suggestion was what I used. the important fact is... if you're missing a certain material in your collection.. just add more possibilities to collect from, obviously if you can.
chickens gave me a very low rate of collections, so I put out more.. my usual 8 gave me nothing.
more farm houses gave me more possibilities to spawn bandits.. thus giving more clovers used for adventures (hoping to find green wisps) before Ivy's collection times and also.. I'm planning 2 lucky horses, so need more.

PrincessCupOButter
03-23-17, 05:40 AM
Well, I officially only need purple wisp. I should feel good about that and I mostly do; I am excited to now focus on my kingdom. However it's been so long since I've gotten a purple wisp that I am worried about finishing. My drop rate of 2 every 4 days won't allow me to finish.

FYI, those of us "lucky" enough to get 100's of lucky coins from rocks didn't receive any gold nuggets and don't have enough in inventory to use to get wisps (r,y,o) that were easy to acquire anyway.

This may be a long shot, but try holding off on crafting your next purple wisp right away, if possible, keep a couple in inventory until the mines are ready again. I was crafting the potion as soon as the wisps dropped and I had several collections with no wisps. I decided to try to collect a few before crafting more, and lo and behold, the drops rates improved once I had some already in my inventory. It may just be the random luck thing, but it seems almost as if the game only gives what it thinks we don't need. :-/
I really wish I could share some purple wisps and lucky dust. The idea for a trading post in this game is an excellent one!

HuckleTown
03-23-17, 06:05 AM
This may be a long shot, but try holding off on crafting your next purple wisp right away, if possible, keep a couple in inventory until the mines are ready again. I was crafting the potion as soon as the wisps dropped and I had several collections with no wisps. I decided to try to collect a few before crafting more, and lo and behold, the drops rates improved once I had some already in my inventory. It may just be the random luck thing, but it seems almost as if the game only gives what it thinks we don't need. :-/
I really wish I could share some purple wisps and lucky dust. The idea for a trading post in this game is an excellent one!

Thanks for the tip...unfortunately I tried that with no luck. So I've decided to craft all the potions I can and just keep my fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed hoping the last 4 drop. Going on 5 days with only 2.

Like Cavegirl, I only had 6 farmhouses, and only 5 chickens out. I've been done with orange wisps for a couple of days and crafted my Clydesdale this morning (I did purchase the trap to jumpstart troll spawning, no gem gain for me). I am also level 33 so needed extra clovers for upgrading but less wisps.

This event had the potential for greatness because technically you could complete it without 24/7 babysitting. The downfall came for upper level players needing to not miss even 1 Ivy collection and the complete randomness of drops and drop rates.

bwunderbach
03-23-17, 06:50 AM
I got to Goal 8 with the requisite 4 Clovers, so "Find Clovers" automatically checked off as completed. Then I used one of my Clovers for the End of the Rainbow adventure, taking my total down to 3 Clovers...but "Find Clovers" stayed marked as completed.

I hadn't thought about trying this before and don't know if it's a common feature, but I thought I'd post it for those who might need the tip.

8pry8
03-23-17, 06:53 AM
This event looks doable. I got two green wisps from adventures (don't know how much adventures I did... maybe 8). I did not wasted energy on anything else (except golden mine, cabbage hut and sir pigglesworth) so I did not even craft anything to use my resources. I decided to use the wood and stone the fun way - I have been building farmhouses and than selling them for 100 coins. Maybe someone can say it is too much work with no effect, but it was quite fun for me and I'm allways low on money and no energy was wasted. And I hate black flags. ;)

That's no wonder that you are always low on money .. when you buy farmhouses for 500 coins and sell them for 100..

kendysek
03-23-17, 08:13 AM
Oh, it's not for free? :D End of the fun now. :rolleyes:

Maybe it't like "how to get rid of black flags for 400 coins..."

ktorewqas
03-23-17, 08:28 AM
Oh, it's not for free? :D End of the fun now. :rolleyes:

Maybe it't like "how to get rid of black flags for 400 coins..."lol you could upgrade buildings or send them to the greedy elf

Dancemom79
03-23-17, 08:41 AM
We need the skunkupines for the blue wisps, so I think that is intentional, because we are so busy chopping rocks for the lucky dust and the gold coins. I have gotten 3 gold coins from countless outcroppings.

riverly
03-23-17, 08:59 AM
My troll bandits have gone away after about 2 days of getting them one after another. All ok though, I was just working towards my second horse.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
03-23-17, 09:08 AM
Anybody know if the Unlucky Bandits will still appear after leveling the Rainbow River up to Level 6? I've got one Lucky Clydesdale and am considering trying for another once I have all my materials done for the Rainbow River.

kattkrazie
03-23-17, 09:43 AM
Anybody know if the Unlucky Bandits will still appear after leveling the Rainbow River up to Level 6? I've got one Lucky Clydesdale and am considering trying for another once I have all my materials done for the Rainbow River.

Yes, the bandits still spawn after you fully upgrade the river. I've been crafting horses all week. Good luck.

Alohatami
03-23-17, 10:19 AM
Oh, no! I think I've accidentally climbed aboard the No-Purple-Wisp train! Last night I sped the mine collections with gems and got nothing. First collection this morning, nothing! Stop the train! I want to get off!

HuckleTown
03-23-17, 10:35 AM
Oh, no! I think I've accidentally climbed aboard the No-Purple-Wisp train! Last night I sped the mine collections with gems and got nothing. First collection this morning, nothing! Stop the train! I want to get off!
Welcome aboard, unfortunately it's an express train with no stops. You're on for the duration;) I'm considering jumping from this moving train lol.

candie1230
03-23-17, 11:18 AM
I guess I'm a lucky one, I have everything except for the green wisps, so I set a 12hr timer for Ivy's hut, to collect on time. Now I just have to get another 11 shamrocks for the horse. I hope I can get the 6 wisps that I need for the green potion in the remaining time!!!

ileeas
03-23-17, 12:48 PM
Well, I won't get enough green wisps to finish, and I'm hoping I'll get enough lucky clovers to finish the horse. I was on track for the potions but then it was a couple days with no green wisps at all. Oh well, I was looking forward to having the green faerie.

scavaig
03-23-17, 01:17 PM
Well, I won't get enough green wisps to finish, and I'm hoping I'll get enough lucky clovers to finish the horse. I was on track for the potions but then it was a couple days with no green wisps at all. Oh well, I was looking forward to having the green faerie.

If you look back you will see S8 have confirmed green wisps ALWAYS drop. Did you collect from Ivy's house? If you did and did not get a green wisp report as a bug.

Edit - see pika's post number 555

HuckleTown
03-23-17, 01:20 PM

You should report this. Ivy's hut is supposed to be a guaranteed drop.

I'd report this and collect enough of all the other wisps and lucky dust (while concentrating on the farmhouses) so that when/if S8 resolves this, you can craft the potion #2's. have the 1 and 3 potion all crafted.

dazzy_rascal
03-23-17, 01:22 PM
Got the horse ahead of schedule yesterday, but not bothered to try for a second. Looking forward to a return to casual gaming!

I have everything for Aideen... except ONE hat. Been stuck on 19 for the last 12 hours. Hilarious.

Going back to normal collecting and still getting wisps. I have quite an excess of blue and violet, and will have lots of greens too by the end. Would be nice if I could gift or sell them FS2 style like others have suggested. Oh well, good luck to those still trying!

keychaindragon
03-23-17, 01:34 PM
I just had a rainbow, a 2x1 arch, drop from the adventure. Looks nice by the rainbow river. I think it was either my 5th or 6th adventure. Otherwise, I've only gotten a red, yellow, and orange wisp each time.

Guinevere1
03-23-17, 02:03 PM
Have not received any purple wisp for the last two days on Castle Story - over the rainbow. Have anyone been experiencing the same issue.

MoonVillage3
03-23-17, 02:05 PM
the answer to this post is.. once last upgrade is completed all extra drops to do with the event stops.. EXCEPT the spawing of the unlucky bandits from the farm houses. I haven't noticed anymore gold nuggets dropping from the outcropping rocks, even though I chopped to get rid of those I had scattered around the kingdom. also the colored wisp crafts in the potion shop disappear as well as the adventure from the castle.

AuntyRose32
03-23-17, 02:13 PM
Have not received any purple wisp for the last two days on Castle Story - over the rainbow. Have anyone been experiencing the same issue.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97905-Castle-Story-3-16-update-Somewhere-over-the-Rainbow-12-day-event

Read this thread and you'll see how many players are experiencing the same problem..... there's a lot.

AuntGma
03-23-17, 02:41 PM
Got the horse ahead of schedule yesterday, but not bothered to try for a second. Looking forward to a return to casual gaming!

I have everything for Aideen... except ONE hat. Been stuck on 19 for the last 12 hours. Hilarious.

Going back to normal collecting and still getting wisps. I have quite an excess of blue and violet, and will have lots of greens too by the end. Would be nice if I could gift or sell them FS2 style like others have suggested. Oh well, good luck to those still trying!

Sometimes the counter seems to stall out. If you haven't done so, do a force close. Or do several. Often that little trick will get the count to move again.

KekeAndLittle
03-23-17, 03:02 PM
Can someone please tell me what time, and in which time zone, this event ends? Thank you

Ann255780
03-23-17, 03:57 PM
Yay 3 purple wisps today and I have 2 more to go :D the train has stopped

Meereen39
03-23-17, 04:42 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE IT ...this mornining i needed 20 clovers and with only getting few bandits i thought i could forget about the horse
But every tap on farmhouses i am getting a bandit so i only need three more bandits yay....i only have three farmhouses also  lucky its my day off work today ����

rulerofjennyville
03-23-17, 04:51 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE IT ...this mornining i needed 20 clovers and with only getting few bandits i thought i could forget about the horse
But every tap on farmhouses i am getting a bandit so i only need three more bandits yay....i only have three farmhouses also  lucky its my day off work today ����

Meh. I'm on level 9 of that rainbow pond and if I'm reading it right I need six of each potion to get the fairy. No way I'm going to be able to complete - once again - and I had all spring break to click. I'm glad I didn't spend any real money on this - they're loosing money with me with these ridiculous competitions. I will continue to try, and complain loudly, until they stop making impossible to finish without gems competitions. I don't know if I want to even bother with the horse - he will probably just drop hair and I'm full up on that. Thanks for nothing, S8.

wintersno
03-23-17, 05:09 PM
I just had a rainbow, a 2x1 arch, drop from the adventure. Looks nice by the rainbow river. I think it was either my 5th or 6th adventure. Otherwise, I've only gotten a red, yellow, and orange wisp each time.

During this event I also got a rainbow arch but mine came from my gold mine.

My first fairy drop--golden egg, jewel, and wheat

crystalfire2000
03-23-17, 05:28 PM
I chopped way more than 15 & not a single Lucky Gold Coin here either!!!

S8 -- someone needs to check if those 'Lucky' Gold coins are even a drop from rock outcroppings!!

Same issue here....still

crystalfire2000
03-23-17, 05:48 PM
Finally got my 30 clovers thinking I was going to hit the button and create my Clydesdale. Can nothing just ever be straightforward and easy? I still am not getting enough coins to count. Just did 87 chops and got 1 coin. I will never make it. I like the critters...

Do I really have to get more clovers after collecting the 30 in "Luck of the Clydesdales" or is something wrong? I spawn more fangbeast than bandits.

#aggravated #annoyed #it shouldn't be this hard!

StefaninaFla
03-23-17, 07:12 PM
Stuck on trying to find purple wisps, it's just not happening.

cavegirl1
03-23-17, 07:48 PM
Finally got my 30 clovers thinking I was going to hit the button and create my Clydesdale. Can nothing just ever be straightforward and easy? I still am not getting enough coins to count. Just did 87 chops and got 1 coin. I will never make it. I like the critters...

Do I really have to get more clovers after collecting the 30 in "Luck of the Clydesdales" or is something wrong? I spawn more fangbeast than bandits.

What has probably happened is that you have used some of the 30 clover you collected to upgrade the rainbow river. So yes, unfortunately this means you will need to collect more so you have 30 in inventory to craft the horse.

29vanilla
03-23-17, 10:13 PM
Can someone please tell me what time, and in which time zone, this event ends? Thank you

Page One in this thread has a "time zone converter" link. Game is based in San Francisco time zone.

But... I too would like to know the exact day and time this event ends. Going to be down to the wire on collecting green wisps from Ivy's Hut.

KekeAndLittle
03-23-17, 11:02 PM
29Vanilla...thank you. I actually saw the time zone converter, but without knowing the time it ends, the converter does me no good. Thank you for letting me know it is based in the San Francisco (Pacific) time zone. I wasn't aware of that.

MoonVillage3
03-24-17, 12:13 AM
Meh. I'm on level 9 of that rainbow pond and if I'm reading it right I need six of each potion to get the fairy. No way I'm going to be able to complete - once again - and I had all spring break to click. I'm glad I didn't spend any real money on this - they're loosing money with me with these ridiculous competitions. I will continue to try, and complain loudly, until they stop making impossible to finish without gems competitions. I don't know if I want to even bother with the horse - he will probably just drop hair and I'm full up on that. Thanks for nothing, S8.

I guess you meant 5th level.. only one more level to go. The rainbow waterfall ends on 6th level.. You have a good chance of making it :D

SpiritWind00
03-24-17, 12:15 AM
Sorry guys, I forgot to ask! I sent through a request for the end time etc this morning. Either S8 or I will update post 1 when known. :)

MoonVillage3
03-24-17, 12:29 AM

Yes.. in your guidebook the clover totals are ALL that you have collected.. not making note of those you have used. If you have done Adventures or used any this is not subtracted.
What you have left is what you see in the Work Shop, where you can craft the Lucky Horse.

What's positive is Unlucky Bandits are spawning very frequently at the moment.. clovers are easy to collect. I don't know if it's my lucky streak, but with 10 Farm Houses I can spawn 3 Bandits each time this morning.
I have been waiting on a Fangbeast from last night as it seemed to me when fighting them they give back more extra energy than usual.. leaving even more free energy on my total energy counter.. but I haven't received one since and to be able to verify.

eastie41
03-24-17, 01:44 AM
Do we still need to ask for Lucky Hats? IS that after the last upgrade with 8 potions?

HuckleTown
03-24-17, 02:05 AM
The Lucky Hats are part of the last quest. Brew potions, upgrade river and get 20 lucky hats from neighbors.

RevdKathy
03-24-17, 02:26 AM
The Lucky Hats are part of the last quest. Brew potions, upgrade river and get 20 lucky hats from neighbors.

But as it potentially takes 4 days to brew the upgrade potions, there's no real issue collecting the hats unless you haven't done the previous upgrade for some reason. This is the only time I've seen a neighbour request placed sensibly in a timed game. It's on the last step, true. But the last step takes days. Plus the fact that some lucky people have received green wisps from adventures means the demand is staggered on the infrastructure.

kendysek
03-24-17, 03:24 AM
Does the rainbow river drops something except coins after full upgrade?

Magdalen63
03-24-17, 03:51 AM
The same thing has happened to me. I know it says we don't get them every time, however when you don't get any in days, it makes you realize everything so far is going to be for nothing.

tankerslacers
03-24-17, 05:28 AM
My fairy just dropped coins, wheat, jewels AND and a builder's paste. Whoo-whoo!

Lyn3v3
03-24-17, 06:50 AM
Hi. My name is lyn and I am have a serious addiction to chopping rocks. Each time I finish a rock I have to quickly call my rock dealer and buy another one and start chopping it. Every time I manage to collect 2200 coins I spend it on rocks to chop. Every time I get energy I chop rocks. Not to mention the lucky dust drop rate. Every time I chop it's like spinning a roulette wheel. I am seriously neglecting my animals, crops and rent collecting. Is there a rock chopaholic support group out there? I need help or a lot more energy to support my habit.

ktorewqas
03-24-17, 07:11 AM
Hi. My name is lyn and I am have a serious addiction to chopping rocks. Each time I finish a rock I have to quickly call my rock dealer and buy another one and start chopping it. Every time I manage to collect 2200 coins I spend it on rocks to chop. Every time I get energy I chop rocks. Not to mention the lucky dust drop rate. Every time I chop it's like spinning a roulette wheel. I am seriously neglecting my animals, crops and rent collecting. Is there a rock chopaholic support group out there? I need help or a lot more energy to support my habit.
Sounds like you need a rehab :rolleyes:

kendysek
03-24-17, 07:20 AM

We all are "chopaholics" now. :D

AinoDK
03-24-17, 08:51 AM

:D Thanks for making me laugh

29vanilla
03-24-17, 09:00 AM
Sorry guys, I forgot to ask! I sent through a request for the end time etc this morning. Either S8 or I will update post 1 when known. :)

Thanks!😀

letf8b
03-24-17, 12:47 PM
I know this is only my opinion and it's based on my luck in the game of drops.
I feel this event was closer to the old manageable events in the past. Starting on time was also crucial. My Ivy's hut was also ready to tap when I began. I also didn't get caught up in any glitches. My drop ratio was balanced pretty good. I received about 1 gold coin every other whole rock I chopped and probably gold dust after every 3 taps I would get 1. Someone said to spend energy tapping rocks so that's what I did, it was great advice. I also had enough skunupines pop up from that. I had a lot of other beasts too and yes that was annoying. My mines were erratic but I never went a whole day without. The adventure brought back all colors except green. I kept 7 chickens out 6 round red mushroom and that kept those colors up with ease. The yellow acres (probably 15) kept yellow up. Knowing Ivy's hut was a guaranteed drop after a certain level was also a relief. (Thank you for that)I need two more greens to finish still, to get the fairy but the Clydesdale was pretty easy to get on st. Patrick's day with 10 farmhouses out (which was really nice S8 thank you for that) I was also able to play at any given time this week.
Now of coarse I don't have any space to keep my rainbow river out but that's a whole other subject.
I just wanted to express to S8 that I thought this event was planned out well and was doable without spending gems. Also to thank everyone for speeding ahead and sharing that always makes a huge difference.
Good luck to all

Jennerwein1
03-24-17, 01:40 PM
Just got a starter pack that includes 4 clovers. Guess what? Not a single bandit from 18 farms, when I used to get at least 2. Hmmmm

Ki250
03-24-17, 01:43 PM
I know this is only my opinion and it's based on my luck in the game of drops.
I feel this event was closer to the old manageable events in the past. Starting on time was also crucial. My Ivy's hut was also ready to tap when I began. I also didn't get caught up in any glitches. My drop ratio was balanced pretty good. I received about 1 gold coin every other whole rock I chopped and probably gold dust after every 3 taps I would get 1. Someone said to spend energy tapping rocks so that's what I did, it was great advice. I also had enough skunupines pop up from that. I had a lot of other beasts too and yes that was annoying. My mines were erratic but I never went a whole day without. The adventure brought back all colors except green. I kept 7 chickens out 6 round red mushroom and that kept those colors up with ease. The yellow acres (probably 15) kept yellow up. Knowing Ivy's hut was a guaranteed drop after a certain level was also a relief. (Thank you for that)I need two more greens to finish still, to get the fairy but the Clydesdale was pretty easy to get on st. Patrick's day with 10 farmhouses out (which was really nice S8 thank you for that) I was also able to play at any given time this week.
Now of coarse I don't have any space to keep my rainbow river out but that's a whole other subject.
I just wanted to express to S8 that I thought this event was planned out well and was doable without spending gems. Also to thank everyone for speeding ahead and sharing that always makes a huge difference.
Good luck to all

I agree this was a rather enjoyable event. I had pretty decent wisps drops and unlucky bandit spawns. I am level 45 and need one more lucky potion #2 to get Aideen plus two more lucky clovers to get the Clydesdale. Thank you S8 for an enjoyable event. Good luck to all who are still upgrading.

cookie2crumble
03-24-17, 01:44 PM
I have just chopped 4 rock outcropping and not a single not so lucky gold coin.

SpiritWind00
03-24-17, 06:00 PM
Info added to post 1:
Event Start date 3/16 12 PM DST | Event ends on 3/27 4PM DST

confirmation of official drops - thanks PikaSquirrel!
Aideen drops:

Golden Nugget
Golden Egg
Golden Apple
Lumin Essence
Wheat
Jewels
Builder's Paste

Lucky Clydesdale drops:

Horse Hair
Sugar
Carrots
Fertilizer (level 20+)

hkcorrigan
03-24-17, 07:31 PM
I agree with the comments that this felt more like the earlier CS events. I'm going to get my fairy tomorrow morning and my horse with one more troll. Plus I'll get a bonus 20 gems! Very nice. And fairly stress free even with all the rock and tree chopping. Note: no gems spent, no bundles purchased.

Since I had knew I would have to wait a few days for the green wisps for Level 6, I decided to wean out my inactive neighbors, something I do a few times a year during big events. I visited every neighbor, checking for activity, recent event prizes, growing crops, etc. I made note of their levels too. Then I visited them again at a different time of day the next day. When I got to The request step, I sent each potentially inactive one a hat request, and again the second day (just in case).
My findings:
Original # of neighbors: 272
Potential inactive ones: 116
Non-responsive ones by the fourth day: 89 (19 were level 50)

Will not delete any neighbors until the end of the event, just in case. At least I'm down to a slightly more manageable number of neighbors, ones that are hopefully still playing Castle Story.
If this event is an indication for a new CS direction, maybe we'll get some expansions soon (said with extreme hope). And return to the storyline?

JojoMoonflower
03-24-17, 07:37 PM
Do we have to complete goals to get the faerie? I thought just getting the river to level 6 is what is required.

ktorewqas
03-24-17, 07:40 PM
Same here. one more collection in tomorrow morning then I will get that faery :D

ktorewqas
03-24-17, 07:41 PM
Do we have to complete goals to get the faerie? I thought just getting the river to level 6 is what is required.
Yes. finish goal 9 to get the faery

msmorg
03-24-17, 09:10 PM
I have just chopped 4 rock outcropping and not a single not so lucky gold coin.

Same here 4 rock outcropping, no Lucky Coins and instead of skunkipines I get 2 or 3 boars per rock, then collected from both mines, nothing. Used all my energy and got zip. Sigh. Hanging in there though, if I can get Lucky Coins for Adventures and get the wisps I need maybe I'll make it.

Magdalen63
03-25-17, 05:16 AM
I am wondering if there is a glitch with the mines. I have been collecting from the sparkling mines the past 4 days and not even one violet wisp to be found. I was on target to get my Leprechaun Faerie days ago, however with no violet wisps my kingdom will be without. ��

Guinevere1
03-25-17, 10:42 AM
Anybody have any hints on getting purple wisps? I have been unable to get any for the last three days.

vlindertje58
03-25-17, 11:06 AM
I just got my fairie. I am so happy

MaeFlyBlue
03-25-17, 11:22 AM
I feel like I have been unshackled from the chain gang now lol. My rock and tree chopping finally done with enough lucky dust and yellow wisps and now just waiting on Ivy to provide the green ones to get Aideen! I have no interest in the horse and would be unlikely to get the clovers in the remaining time due to parking a dire boar while I was chopping away! Not a fan of animals with clothes on anyway. It will be wonderful to get back to normal CS life. Thank you for all the posts with hints and encouragement.

8pry8
03-25-17, 11:49 AM
I feel like I have been unshackled from the chain gang now lol. My rock and tree chopping finally done with enough lucky dust and yellow wisps and now just waiting on Ivy to provide the green ones to get Aideen! I have no interest in the horse and would be unlikely to get the clovers in the remaining time due to parking a dire boar while I was chopping away! Not a fan of animals with clothes on anyway. It will be wonderful to get back to normal CS life. Thank you for all the posts with hints and encouragement.

even if you don't like the animal .. it gives you a chance of 20 gems .. that's worthy to try

Andro45
03-25-17, 02:02 PM
What? Getting the violet wisps was hard, but I managed, but now it's hard to get the yellow...just had two wisps drop from two trees...so that's 15 energy for one wisp. I will make it, I think, but I'm really getting nervous (two more days to go). It's going to be close because I missed some colletions of Ivy's hut. I still need three green, three red, two orange and eight yellow. And ten more clovers for the gems...uh...horse.

I was afraid I wasn't going to make it in my lower level kingdom, but I'm glad I didn't have to make as many potions, because I have Aideen now. And the lucky horse I didn't really want, but the opportunity of getting 20 gems was too tempting (got them which was a nice bonus :D )

mayennalee
03-25-17, 02:18 PM
The drops were inconsistent again. One thing I did do was, if I found I was getting a drop from something, ie. Trees. I just kept hacking away at them until I ran out of energy.
I also found that for the violet drops if I collected from a couple of things around the mines as well, they seemed to drop. I think i went max 2 days without getting a drop though.

The only gems I used were just a couple of 'speed up' ones for the mines and Ivys Hut. Oh and the 20gem waste to get the horse - which I dont want.

I was mostly happy with this event though. As a huge huge change for me, I was able to complete it.

Gr1zz_LeBear
03-25-17, 02:38 PM
Odd... I checked, and found Ivy was ready for a another collection, but my alarm clock said I still had about 10 hours to go...
Something reversed my last collection and took the green wisp!

I've gotten in the habit of visiting neighbors after getting something important, so it won't rewind on me, which makes this additionally puzzling.

farmerbrown2010
03-25-17, 02:52 PM
Got my horse first and then Aideen yesterday. Showed my retired husband how to 'pound rocks' while I was at work so then I had enough gold & lucky coins to go on the adventures.

MaeFlyBlue
03-25-17, 04:37 PM
Still need 22 clover for the horse ..... I think it's unlikely in the time ..... I will see how close I can get

Well I have now collected from my 4 farmhouses 4 times and not an Unlucky Bandit in sight!

rulerofjennyville
03-25-17, 06:15 PM
Meh. I got the horse but still doubt I'll get the fairy. I think it's impossible always was. Though this challenge was easier. Why on earth would they make you get 8 of each hard to get potion at the end? Ridiculous, it's not even worth spending money on speed ups or packages you'd have to spend too much.

Den8137259
03-25-17, 07:02 PM
★ kept getting fangbeasts instead of Unlucky Bandit ★

What luck here :|

udittara
03-25-17, 07:47 PM
What is the cheapest way to get the violet wisps ? Speed up mines or buy individual ?

kattkrazie
03-25-17, 10:52 PM
What is the cheapest way to get the violet wisps ? Speed up mines or buy individual ?

That's a tough call. I chose to speed up the mines, but with random drops, it can be risky.

kattkrazie
03-25-17, 10:53 PM
Got my horse first and then Aideen yesterday. Showed my retired husband how to 'pound rocks' while I was at work so then I had enough gold & lucky coins to go on the adventures.

Lol. You have a remarkable husband. :D

HuckleTown
03-26-17, 01:13 AM
I finally jumped off the no purple wisp train (a little banged up but avoided the hospital :) ). Over the last 3 days I got my 3 purple wisps and now have completed the event (all parts),

For those needing the dust, yellow and orange wisps, concentrate only on those until you get enough.
I also would put aside a couppple of hours where I only concentrated on my 6 farmhouses.

This event is doable, it just takes a few days of 100% devotion to the game and then timers for mines and Ivy.

S8 is getting closer. Next time please don't have drops be so random that some players get everything immediately and others go 3+ days without getting drops.

Andro45
03-26-17, 06:08 AM

Smart :D

Waiting impatiently for the last green wisp...tonight I can't collect (summertime in effect as of last night so I will be sleeping when Ivy's hut is ready), but tomorrow morning I can collect and craft the last potion. I'll need 7 more clovers, but the unlucky bandits have hidden themselves...

Jackiesq
03-26-17, 07:39 AM
No Lucky Clydesdale for me (I needed energy for my kingdom so I choose to skip this one) but Aideen is mine! 😃
Rainbow River at level 6, but is it really only 400 coins, nothing else we get from it now it's on it's max level?! 😟
I would love to hold it if it gives water or maybe some rainbow items, but now it will be in storage with all my unfinished eventbuildings...

AuntyRose32
03-26-17, 07:46 AM
I'm getting nervous now, I thought I'd complete this event but I don't think so. I still need six of each potion and 12 shamrocks.... ugh. Lucky dust really dried up for me. Shamrocks have always been slow. So it looks like spending a lot of gems is my only chance, I might just spend them because I really love these two.

PJBastian13
03-26-17, 08:25 AM
I have crafted my horse and have all the potions needed to upgrade to level 6. Does anyone know if I upgrade to 6 will my farmhouses stop spawning unlucky bandits? I would like to try to get a second horse.

I've really enjoyed this event. Even with working full time I was able to complete the event with 2 days to spare. And the graphics are beautiful. I know there will not be any awesome drops from the river or the horse but I guess that's okay.

rulerofjennyville
03-26-17, 08:27 AM
No Lucky Clydesdale for me (I needed energy for my kingdom so I choose to skip this one) but Aideen is mine! ��
Rainbow River at level 6, but is it really only 400 coins, nothing else we get from it now it's on it's max level?! ��
I would love to hold it if it gives water or maybe some rainbow items, but now it will be in storage with all my unfinished eventbuildings...

I went the opposite route thoough it was the fairy I wanted. I knew I would never get her (two days to go and I still need three green potions, four purple and two red/orange. So I decided something was better than nothing and went for the horse. This is the forth contest in a row where I don't get the prize after years of always getting the prize. I'm not about to spend another dime until they stop with these impossible contests.

HuckleTown
03-26-17, 08:57 AM
I have crafted my horse and have all the potions needed to upgrade to level 6. Does anyone know if I upgrade to 6 will my farmhouses stop spawning unlucky bandits? I would like to try to get a second horse.

I've really enjoyed this event. Even with working full time I was able to complete the event with 2 days to spare. And the graphics are beautiful. I know there will not be any awesome drops from the river or the horse but I guess that's okay.

I have gotten a lucky bandit after upgrading to level 6 (only 1 but I am ignoring my farmhouses now)

janddolphins
03-26-17, 12:52 PM

That was so kind of your husband.

I got the horse days ago, but since getting him my troll rate dropped significantly. I have all the parts for level 8 except 1/4 clovers. When I tap on farmhouses all day yesterday I only got other beasts not a single troll. First collection today same thing. Thankfully it looks like the 9th step does not need clovers but at this point I don't know if I can manage it in two days unless I get the clovers soon. I'm also behind on ivy, missed a few collection so will have 4/8 and have to debate some speed ups. I don't really need the character, I have the mine that drops gold and am always maxed on my gold items, although I would like to have her. I have enough gems to buy them, and I haven't found anything better to use them on in months so I may end up just going for it if I get all the other parts completed. We shall see. Those who have her, how often are you seeing gold drops?

Overall this was another luck game and I was on the unlucky side often spending lots of energy for very few wisps. Often times my mines could take 5 collections before seeing one and 20 chickens/mushroom per wisp etc. Not to be a sore loser I just still find these events unfair. My suggestion is that the game should have an algorithm already so that over the period of blank taps it evens out for everyone.

babublik
03-26-17, 02:40 PM
I really enjoyed this event... Not so much the rock & tree chopping or tending of stuff but the fact that it was doable. I just recently upgraded to level 26 mid way through the event so I qualified for the low-level requirements. This is the first event I've been able to complete since I began playing in Oct '16 and I thought it was fair. Most low-level players don't have any Alis, wizard schools or energy crates so it's more difficult to get stuff done in terms of energy. That and a bit of luck was the only thing necessary to complete this goal. I also think the time limit was on point and am sure I would've finished the goal even without the lower requirements, as I've still got plenty of left over resources. The only thing I haven't been able to craft is the lucky Clydesdale but I do only have 3 farmhouses out. I didn't have to play all day either... Maybe a max of 6 hours tending and chopping key items throughout the day was enough. I really hope the next timed events are just as doable without the ridiculous amount of rare materials that have been required to even begin past goal quests... I know some people say low-level players shouldn't participate on timed-goals when that's the case, but how is that a solution? It's no fun to play a game you can't fully participate in even if you play constantly due to the lack of rare materials. Low-level players can buy gems and gem their way through hard to complete timed-events but that's no fun and not reasonable, so I say good job S8 for making the materials available to anyone who's willing to put in the time to play and participate in this event! ☺️��

EvieandIzzie
03-26-17, 03:54 PM
I can no longer be bothered reading all the posts anymore regarding this game.
I will not achieve the final goal for this event, I do not have enough Green Wisps from Ivy's Hut, I know I did not get drops from all my visits but will be short 4.
I tired to complete this event but it contained the two elements that I really hate and find boring, raising/chopping trees and chopping rocks. Now look at this event and what are the primary actions required?:mad:
IMO this event shows something is up with the staff at S8, reusing images from previous events, limited variety in actions and dialogue, main building for the event is poor quality, it looks as if it was designed for a smaller base then they decided to increase from 3x3 to 4x4. I am sure the designer put effort into this but for me it definitely is not up to earlier efforts by S8.
Anyway after this event I will return to my final part of the Faerie storyline and then I believe I will leave it as the past few events have not been inspiring or motivating for me to continue.:(

candie1230
03-26-17, 04:11 PM
I will not achieve the final goal for this event, I do not have enough Green Wisps from Ivy's Hut, I know I did not get drops from all my visits but will be short 4.
I tired to complete this event but it contained the two elements that I really hate and find boring, raising/chopping trees and chopping rocks. Now look at this event and what are the primary actions required?:mad:
IMO this event shows something is up with the staff at S8, reusing images from previous events, limited variety in actions and dialogue, main building for the event is poor quality, it looks as if it was designed for a smaller base then they decided to increase from 3x3 to 4x4. I am sure the designer put effort into this but for me it definitely is not up to earlier efforts by S8.
Anyway after this event I will return to my final part of the Faerie storyline and then I believe I will leave it as the past few events have not been inspiring or motivating for me to continue.:(

Wow, I feel bad for you... I got a wisps each time I visited Ivy's hut. Storm8 REALLY needs to cut out the randomness of the game. It's not fair to people who play this game, and not being able to finish the goal because of "random drops". Random/rare drops should not be on timed goals!!!

gingeronie
03-26-17, 04:36 PM
Wow, I feel bad for you... I got a wisps each time I visited Ivy's hut. Storm8 REALLY needs to cut out the randomness of the game. It's not fair to people who play this game, and not being able to finish the goal because of "random drops". Random/rare drops should not be on timed goals!!!

Try as I might, I find it nearly impossible to ever complete these challenges even when I spend money on gems. The upgrade just requires more of the impossible to obtain. Limited results from chopping rocks and trees, too few bandits and too many boars and wolves which uses my energy. I understand the needs to make money on these games, but why are the challenges next to impossible to achieve? Every time I say no more then I get hopeful and I end up wasting my time and money. The last upgrade for the rainbow and fairy requires a way too high amount of wisps to meet and I only have 24 hours left. Very annoying that they make these challenges so hard to achieve and I will no longer spend good money on this stupid game! I've wasted my last hard earned dollar playing! And I totally agree regarding the random drops on a timed game! Either drop every time or stop timing!

gingeronie
03-26-17, 04:39 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I'm done with this game and the impossible challenges. I've played it for years but I'm sick of the impossible goals and limited opportunities the game provides to win the challenges! I've wasted my last dollar and my last minute on this game!!

rulerofjennyville
03-26-17, 05:08 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I'm done with this game and the impossible challenges. I've played it for years but I'm sick of the impossible goals and limited opportunities the game provides to win the challenges! I've wasted my last dollar and my last minute on this game!!

And the unfair slant - like when some people got cherry trees and some didn't during the last event (I didn't). Some people had good drops and some of us would use up 40 energy and get nothing.

auroragal
03-26-17, 05:12 PM
So I was out of the country when all this went down. Got the notification for the game when I got home. When I accepted play I assumed I would get the standard 10 days but I only received 4. I have mananged to upgrade the rainbow falls to level 4 but I have less than 24 hours now so there is no way to complete this. in hindsight I guess I shouldn't have hit play. Have spent a fair amount of gems to get this far. My suggestion to the game makers would be to have a pop up window warning you of your time left or not offer the game. The lucky coins have been few and far between for the adventures. Maybe 1 in 60 chops. So definitely rough when under the time constraint. Should get a double rainbow though.

mayennalee
03-26-17, 06:07 PM

I agree. Random drops have always been the reason that I dont complete these. For some reason the event was on my side and I managed to complete it.

deadpixel
03-26-17, 07:30 PM

It wasn't random for me either, every visit to Ivy's hut yielded a green wisp. It was the same with Skunkupines, every kill yielded a blue wisp.

For those who aren't able to complete this event, don't feel bad. Ms Aideen (the Leprechaun Fairy) doesn't drop gold items on every visit, her drops are pretty random and mostly on the lame side. As for the Lucky Clydesdale, it's even worse. All it's done so far is shed hair all over my kingdom. At least the Jousting Steed from the first leaderboard event drops useful items while shedding its hair.

LadyFencer
03-26-17, 07:39 PM
A few days ago I didn't think I would finish because of Ivy's Hut. I kept collecting and chopping (and chopping and chopping and chopping) and focused on the horse. I got it. Did a few of the adventures to get some of the needed items since I had plenty of coins. Yesterday, I knew I would get Aideen too. Finished the event this afternoon (with a moment of panic when I placed her and both she and the fountain disappeared).

I have just about had it with chopping trees and rocks, but at least this was more like the events when I first joined--doable for me with some work. For those who had more random drops of the needed items, I can identify with you too. That's how it's been for me with most events lately.

ennah
03-26-17, 07:54 PM
For once, I thought I'd be able to finish an event but nope. Unless I spend some $$ now (which I refuse to since every event makes me want to quit), there is no way I can complete this event due to the lack of green wisps. I really didn't want to rant but nearly every event in S8 games are impossible to complete for those with a full time job and it's just so frustrating. These ridiculous events are the reason why I deleted all other S8 games like Farm Story 2. I play Castle Story because I really like the graphics but I'm not sure why I even bother wasting my time when there are tons of other games where I actually enjoy completing the events.

Andro45
03-27-17, 12:35 AM
Finally got the last clover. The unlucky bandits were getting scarce, so it took me a lot of time to get the last ones needed for the horse. In 45 minutes I will be able to welcome Aideen in my kingom.
It was hard work, but for me doable without spending gems.
Of course a lot of violet wisps are dropping, since I don't need them anymore...

PJBastian13
03-27-17, 04:15 AM
I have gotten a lucky bandit after upgrading to level 6 (only 1 but I am ignoring my farmhouses now)

Thank you!

rulerofjennyville
03-27-17, 05:14 AM
Ridiculous. This game came out over my spring break so I have had time to click endlessly. I was doing fine until the end and they made the ridiculous demand of eight of those potions each. Then they made the drops rarer - I had to click endlessly to get one skunk. To get it through gems I would have to spend $50.00 which is a stupid amount. Go back to the games that it is possible to win without a boatload of gems.

woodlandlady
03-27-17, 05:46 AM
I just had to put in a quick 'I agree'. I have been playing Castle Story since almost the beginning, I have the Love Shack for example. This quest was as tedious as many recently when all thats required was constant upgrading and getting the same items over and over again. I saw neighbors requesting the hats so thought, great, that's the last step. I just got to the last step to find I now need 8 of everything. I officially give up. What a shame.

M1mi04
03-27-17, 06:55 AM
It wasn't random for me either, every visit to Ivy's hut yielded a green wisp. It was the same with Skunkupines, every kill yielded a blue wisp.

For those who aren't able to complete this event, don't feel bad. Ms Aideen (the Leprechaun Fairy) doesn't drop gold items on every visit, her drops are pretty random and mostly on the lame side. As for the Lucky Clydesdale, it's even worse. All it's done so far is shed hair all over my kingdom. At least the Jousting Steed from the first leaderboard event drops useful items while shedding its hair.

Right! The leprechaun fairy didn't drop anything good so far and I've collect it at least 4 times by now.. Had a black banner about jewel which I'm maxed out but that's the best I've got so far. I was able to get 2 lucky Clydesdale and they haven't drop anything good neither, only horse hair. I only find them good looking. As for the rainbow river what a shame! It's not even nice, takes too much space and drops nothing at all! Going into storage soon.

I'm getting so tired too of these energy and time eating events that doesn't even give good worthy prizes in the end. I'm pregnant and staying home plus my husband also plays with me and we find these event almost impossible to complete. I'm debating wether to quit this game I've been playing since 2013! I can only imagine those who works full time jobs... It used to be a fun game but not so much anymore.

And those leaderboard events.. Also time and energy eaters and unless you spend lots of gems you don't even get close to the 1st places -I guess I was lucky in the 1st event as I got the 2nd place and got the jousting steed but worked very hard and used up all my energy and runes on it. On the 2nd event S8 did it on purpose to put everything you need to craft in the magic forge which cannot be speed up with boost (not that I had any runes left..!), pretty deceiving!

craftfan
03-27-17, 08:35 AM
I went the opposite route thoough it was the fairy I wanted. I knew I would never get her (two days to go and I still need three green potions, four purple and two red/orange. So I decided something was better than nothing and went for the horse. This is the forth contest in a row where I don't get the prize after years of always getting the prize. I'm not about to spend another dime until they stop with these impossible contests.

I totally agree with you. Have spent my fair share on this game over the years but now unable to complete the quests. I might get the horse as I only need 2 clover and there's seven hours to go but my purple wisps not dropping at all from my mine. There's really no incentive to play when on level 50 and fully extended when the events are timed ALL the time. Might be time stop playing as so many of my neighbours have!!!!!!

msmorg
03-27-17, 08:41 AM
Help! I gathered 30 clovers and then it prompted me to Summons the Clydesdale which took me to the workshop and now it shows I only have 10 clovers and need 30! Is that right???

AuntyRose32
03-27-17, 09:42 AM
Can someone clarify that I've got this straight please.

I need 6 of each colour potion to complete the goal and get Aideen and then I need 2 more of each color potion to level up the Rainbow River to level 6, which is the final level?

I just want to make sure because I'm still trying to beat the clock and finish this up and with only six hours left it's cutting it close, no room for error.

AuntyRose32
03-27-17, 09:44 AM
Help! I gathered 30 clovers and then it prompted me to Summons the Clydesdale which took me to the workshop and now it shows I only have 10 clovers and need 30! Is that right???

It takes 30 clovers to summon the Clydesdale. If you leveled up your rainbow river before going to the work shop to craft it, it's possible you used some of your shamrocks on that, for example when you level up to level 5 it required 4 shamrocks to do that. Did you level up before you summoned the Clydesdale?

EsmeW2
03-27-17, 09:45 AM
Can someone clarify that I've got this straight please.

I need 6 of each colour potion to complete the goal and get Aideen and then I need 2 more of each color potion to level up the Rainbow River to level 6, which is the final level?

I just want to make sure because I'm still trying to beat the clock and finish this up and with only six hours left it's cutting it close, no room for error.

Not quite - you need to level up before you get Aideen - so you need 8 of each! Well, that's unless you are a lower level player - (17 - 35) if so then 6 is what you need.

Wonkaland99
03-27-17, 09:53 AM
I have an hour or so to wait and see if my final adventure will give me a green wisp. I have none from adventurees so far.
If not, I will have to do a full 24 gem speed up of Ivy to start my final potion. I missed too many collections last wweeek.
If there are really gold items drfopping from the lepreechaun it will be worth it.

AuntyRose32
03-27-17, 09:59 AM
Not quite - you need to level up before you get Aideen - so you need 8 of each! Well, that's unless you are a lower level player - (17 - 35) if so then 6 is what you need.

Okay I see, thanks for clearing that up for the quick reply, I need 8 of each as I'm a higher level player. I'm reading over it so much I'm confusing myself!

msmorg
03-27-17, 10:09 AM
It takes 30 clovers to summon the Clydesdale. If you leveled up your rainbow river before going to the work shop to craft it, it's possible you used some of your shamrocks on that, for example when you level up to level 5 it required 4 shamrocks to do that. Did you level up before you summoned the Clydesdale?

Yes I did but I used 20 to level up the darn river?

EsmeW2
03-27-17, 10:31 AM
I have an hour or so to wait and see if my final adventure will give me a green wisp. I have none from adventurees so far.
If not, I will have to do a full 24 gem speed up of Ivy to start my final potion. I missed too many collections last wweeek.
If there are really gold items drfopping from the lepreechaun it will be worth it.

I just got a gold nugget from Aideen on my main game, so I do think she's worth it. I also had to so some speeding up of Ivy earlier today, as I knew I wasn't going to make it on my second game otherwise - missed collections and got a very slow start due to having to get enough mermaid scales on the early goals. And I had a similar experience to you with the green wisps - I did about 5 adventures on that version of the game and never got a green one - I spent most of Saturday chopping rocks so I could go on adventures, but it didn't work for me. Good luck with your final adventure - hope it works for you!

PrincessCupOButter
03-27-17, 10:54 AM

To get the river all the way to level 6 requires 11 lucky clovers total (for upper level players) and the adventures also use clovers. The goalbook records the total amount collected, but it doesn't change to reflect how many have been used.

AuntyRose32
03-27-17, 10:56 AM

If you're a lower level player (17-35) it took 16 clovers to level your rainbow river to level 5 and if you're a higher level player (35-50) it took 11 clovers to level up to level 5... I think. So yeah if you're missing 20 then something's off, unless you also sent of the chasing the rainbow adventure at the castle, which takes 1 clovers per adventure.

moonchild1987
03-27-17, 11:33 AM
Aideen gave me a gold nugget on the first collection. That made all the hard work seem worth it, lol.

LittleMissMaggie
03-27-17, 12:36 PM
I feel so stupid. When I realized the clovers I used to level up the river couldn't go for Clydesdale even though they checked off, I bought diamonds. Didn't realize the clover cost so much. Now the diamonds are gone and still not enough to get Clyde. I never should've bought the diamonds. The bandits are rare too.... I'm thinking I should just avoid these timed tasks from now on.

QueenCarolyn
03-27-17, 12:44 PM

I made it. The trick for me was chopping a lot of rocks and going on the adventures, instead of chasing around after chickens and such. In all the adventure, I got a lot of orbs and 2 green ones. So I could finish early and work on the horses.

Nikospets
03-27-17, 01:10 PM
I have to say that it is obviously a event of luck and once again I have been unlucky! Ivy's house has been very stingy and so has the adventures. I played as much as I could with everything else that I need to do and it will be impossible for me to finish unless I use a lot of money which I refuse to do. These events are getting monotonous! Come on S8, go back to the story line! PLEASE!!!

tuffyjkitten
03-27-17, 01:11 PM
Well in spite of my negative attitude towards this event at first I did manage to finish it just now. It really wasn't as bad as I had thought, except for the rarity of those purple wisps. I do hope the next events don't involve rock chopping or trees....I'm sick to death of that, especially as we can't use stone for anything except blocks. I'm loaded up on blocks.

ShibuyaCloth
03-27-17, 01:14 PM
All pics, info & cards or posted:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97905-Castle-Story-3-16-update-Somewhere-over-the-Rainbow-12-day-event&p=1404827&viewfull=1#post1404827

derekpizzaking
03-27-17, 01:34 PM
So, I didn't level up my river to level 6 or get the Aideen. I realized how far I was from green potions and decided at last minute to at least get the Clydesdale. I set my timer for every 10 minutes and collected the remaining 20 clover I needed. I'm a little bummed that I couldn't do both, normally these quests while tedious I complete. The last one I knew I couldn't complete because my tablet was in the shop getting its screen replaced but I got the swamp cat. This time, my drop rates were so low it was ridiculous. I think a lot of people had poor drop rates while some had great drop rates. This is unfair to all the players in general. Why should some have gotten 100's of lucky coins for instance while others barely got any. Those people if they were lucky enough to have golden nuggets got to go on the quest repeatedly to get wisps, while the rest of us were left in the dust. Drop rates for quests should be balanced out evenly for all. People shouldn't have to live on the game when we have lives, kinda ruins the fun of it and turns what should be enjoyable into something stressful.

EvieandIzzie
03-27-17, 02:25 PM
Couple of hours to go and I know I will not get there.
I concentrated on the Clydesdale, I do like the look of it, but with potions I have 6/5/4 rocks have not been kind. I will also be short 2 Green Wisps, if the next drop from Ivy's Huts gives me on.
I do believe this event was doable, only if you spent most of your waking time doing this but I have a job, a family and other interests as well and this event just does not generate any motivation for me to contemplate spending my gems on it, especially as the Rainbow River is too large, unsightly and would go straight into storage after this event.
Nearing the end of my other challenges and if no event comes before that then I will be leaving this kingdom with my other abandoned S8 games.

LittleMissMaggie
03-27-17, 02:32 PM
Yeah ... I may do the same, but I have a lot of events left. Just a bit frustrating for something I do for fun.

AuntyRose32
03-27-17, 02:43 PM
So Aideen has just been released in my Queendom.... I'm glad I have her but I gemed it all day to finish off the 8 of each potion to get her. I'm embarassed to say how much I spent in gems to finish this event. Normally if I'm too far away from finishing an event I let it go but I broke down and gave in to my inner idiot for this one. I like St. Paddy's Day items.

Anyway don't want to sound all whinny, I'm happy I got the items I wanted even if I overspent on them but I totally understand why people wouldn't spend to finish this event. 8 potions for the final level was nonsense, random drops on these timed events need to be the same for everyone, stop using Ivy's Hut for timed events, stop having us chop a hundred and one rock out crops and trees..... we don't all have an endless Ali supply of energy, stop with the timed events for a while and go back to the original story line S8. Give us time to breathe and enjoy the game. So many of us love this game... obviously or we wouldn't be on here complaining about it, but we have lives and families and jobs and other interests. You literally have to be a slave to your device to complete these events. I'm glad I don't have to look at this event in my goal book anymore. Started out fun, ended up being not so fun.

I'm sorry for everyone who didn't get what they wanted from this event, your frustration or boredom is warranted. Hopefully there'll be better CS days ahead.

Fairy4kingdom
03-27-17, 02:49 PM
Couple of hours to go and I know I will not get there.
I concentrated on the Clydesdale, I do like the look of it, but with potions I have 6/5/4 rocks have not been kind. I will also be short 2 Green Wisps, if the next drop from Ivy's Huts gives me on.
I do believe this event was doable, only if you spent most of your waking time doing this but I have a job, a family and other interests as well and this event just does not generate any motivation for me to contemplate spending my gems on it, especially as the Rainbow River is too large, unsightly and would go straight into storage after this event.
Nearing the end of my other challenges and if no event comes before that then I will be leaving this kingdom with my other abandoned S8 games.

I agree with everything you said. I was one of those people able to play all the time except when I was sleeping and this event is still impossible for me to finish. Drop rates are very different for players,so even if you play non stop there's no guarantee you'll make it. Too many direboars,not enough trolls,wisps,lucky dusts or energy...time and energy consuming-waaay too stressful! I started playing this game to relax and enjoy myself-not to baby it all the time with endless time limited events that leave me frustrated because I didn't finish,or I ended up with a prize that is underwhelming considering the effort it took to get it. And now,as a cherry on the top, I can't even log in!!! I've been trying for last 3 hours! Reset the game several times,checked my internet connection,even erased and downloaded the game again and nothing! So who is gonna help me out with this debacle,S8? I loved this game,but S8 dissappoints me time and time again... :-( maybe it's time for me to move on to some other game and stop the rant-noone at S8 cares anyway...

LittleMissMaggie
03-27-17, 03:06 PM
Funny thing is, now that there is less than an hour left, trolls are dropping but there aren't enough minutes to get enough clover for Clyde. Glad I did the faerie first because she drops gold items sometimes.

LittleMissMaggie
03-27-17, 03:14 PM
Just curious - I'm going to finish with over 15 clover left. What happens to thos? Do they just stay in my inventory?

KekeAndLittle
03-27-17, 03:26 PM
Yes, LittleMissMaggie.....like so many items we can no longer use....they just stay in, and clog up, our inventory..I wish they would give us a way to dump things like this, or at least let us organize our inventory, so things like this go at the very, very far end....

jaymieb2
03-27-17, 04:56 PM
I actually completed this event with 20 hours to spare. WOO HOO! Have not been able to complete most of the events this year.

I didn't craft the Clydesdale until I achieved the fairy - didn't want to chance bandit spawn rate changing...

I used all of the lucky gold coins that I had (5 adventures worth) and found them to be really helpful because I received two green wisps from the five total adventures and they really helped me out a lot!!!

Looks like I intentionally spent 2 gems on speeding Ivy's hut to collect before bed once, and I must have gem trapped something because I am down another 20ish.

Am glad to have completed this event. Looks like I will be storing Rainbow River because I can't give up the rest estate for a coin building. Looks nice, though. I appreciate the subtle differences in the upgrades. Nothing garish or obnoxious. Would have looked nice in my fairy section.

Have collected once each from the fairy and the Clydesdale. Received jewels and fertilizer, respectively.

rulerofjennyville
03-27-17, 05:51 PM
Event ended. I put my single rainbow pond useless coin dropper into storage. I got the horse but that was it.

Meereen39
03-27-17, 05:56 PM
Event ended. I put my single rainbow pond useless coin dropper into storage. I got the horse but that was it.

Good on you for getting the horse......i didn't get either but oh well its just a game...maybe next time i might 😀😀😀

rulerofjennyville
03-27-17, 05:57 PM
Good on you for getting the horse......i didn't get either but oh well its just a game...maybe next time i might ������

It's a good money saver - I refuse to spend a dime until I win a competition again.

dipwid
03-27-17, 06:08 PM
At least with normal play, not babysitting my device every hour, and not spending hundreds on "extra" gems you could still earn the +10 energy chest, the horse, and the 20 gem quest reward.

rulerofjennyville
03-27-17, 06:22 PM
At least with normal play, not babysitting my device every hour, and not spending hundreds on "extra" gems you could still earn the +10 energy chest, the horse, and the 20 gem quest reward.

I used to be able to win the main prize without staying up all night or spending gems. No more.

Gr1zz_LeBear
03-27-17, 07:30 PM
Aargh!

Ok, perhaps I shouldn't complain, after all, I finished the goals and got two horses, but I started crafting the third, then the game resynced, and then I suddenly had 30 clovers, and no crafting options to use them....

But then, I got this pop-up:

Wounds really go better with salt!

littelprincess0313
03-27-17, 07:35 PM
So my expierience: I had pretty good drop rates. Got my first horse after two days by normal playing and got blue, purple and green wisps pretty easy (I cant believe that so many people didnt get the green ones even it was a garantied drop and that S8 didnt do anything?!) the chickens were the harderst for me, I needed like 8 for one wisp so really energy consuming. As was the dust. But I managed to get Aideen with 3 days left - Im on vacation right now so I have a lot of time. And that was needed. Not one of my lower lv kingdoms had the chance to either get the fairy or the horse by just checking in twice a day. I thought the low lv accounts could manage it but I stopped both by lv 5: 2 wisps and then 6! I had no chance in managing it. So my main account is pretty lucky I used the last three days to get 4 more horses without spending gems. Why? Because I could and as I didnt finish the last two events I thought I deserved to get sth more :) They dont drop awesome stuff but they look great.
I feel really sorry for those with the unlucky drop rares I would have had a lot of wisps to give if it would be possible. I still hope the next event is a monster hunt or that we finally get a main story update!!! And I wish for a new Allicorn in the Barons tent- I have tons of cabbage and nothing to use it for!!

Dragosle
03-27-17, 09:30 PM
Kind of bumper that the River drop nothing but coins when fully upgraded. :(

Think again, however, many the latest event buildings also didn't drop anything but coin (except maybe the Lily Pond, which I don't even want to think about).

janddolphins
03-27-17, 11:54 PM
Aside from getting my Clysdedale, luck was not on my side. A day and a half of no bandits and all energy being placed there to get the 4 clovers to move to the final step, having a day for 8 of each I only made it halfway and did not have all the wisps despite collecting as often as I could. I couldn't babysit the game this time as I have in other events and that between getting unlucky with all my drops led to me not making it. Nothing I can do. I have the golden mine, but any source for potential gold items is a good source to me.

I hope others had better luck than me

crystalfire2000
03-28-17, 12:09 AM
That was so kind of your husband.

I got the horse days ago, but since getting him my troll rate dropped significantly. I have all the parts for level 8 except 1/4 clovers. When I tap on farmhouses all day yesterday I only got other beasts not a single troll. First collection today same thing. Thankfully it looks like the 9th step does not need clovers but at this point I don't know if I can manage it in two days unless I get the clovers soon. I'm also behind on ivy, missed a few collection so will have 4/8 and have to debate some speed ups. I don't really need the character, I have the mine that drops gold and am always maxed on my gold items, although I would like to have her. I have enough gems to buy them, and I haven't found anything better to use them on in months so I may end up just going for it if I get all the other parts completed. We shall see. Those who have her, how often are you seeing gold drops?

Overall this was another luck game and I was on the unlucky side often spending lots of energy for very few wisps. Often times my mines could take 5 collections before seeing one and 20 chickens/mushroom per wisp etc. Not to be a sore loser I just still find these events unfair. My suggestion is that the game should have an algorithm already so that over the period of blank taps it evens out for everyone.

I couldn't agree more. This one just did me in. I don't understand why some have needed items roll right in and others have no luck at all.

etoile1996
03-28-17, 06:38 AM
I'm just so tired of these timed events. We haven't had a main story goal since the elves, and even those felt like side-quests. I'm losing interest in playing, when I realized this was going to be another event where I had to mindlessly chop trees and rocks I gave up then. The drop rates are too frustrating. I'm busy with other things in my life, and I want to be entertained. I've been playing CS for years and I hate to give up on it but I'm this close to just deleting the app.

EsmeW2
03-28-17, 07:11 AM
I'm just so tired of these timed events. We haven't had a main story goal since the elves, and even those felt like side-quests. I'm losing interest in playing, when I realized this was going to be another event where I had to mindlessly chop trees and rocks I gave up then. The drop rates are too frustrating. I'm busy with other things in my life, and I want to be entertained. I've been playing CS for years and I hate to give up on it but I'm this close to just deleting the app.

I totally agree! I kept going with this one, but I'm pretty disappointed with the rainbow river, which doesn't fit on to any of the other rivers and only gives coins. Off to permanent storage you go! I was pleased at first with Aideen as I got a gold nugget - but she just gave me one wheat and a few coins - so it looks as if her drops aren't going to be up to much either. The horse is quite pretty, but I'm not much of a fan of clothed animals and my little world is beginning to be overwhelmed by random creatures now. I'd much rather have a story to follow - and do it at my own pace. I played this game because the story was so sweet - now it has got lost. Shame.

riverly
03-28-17, 07:18 AM
I couldn't agree more. This one just did me in. I don't understand why some have needed items roll right in and others have no luck at all.it basically comes down to having good sources of energy. Sometimes energy is more valuable than gold. And also gold nuggets and gems. The Ivy hut glitch thing though was just unfair in all ways! Disclaimer- The above are my observations only, and does not express the views of this forum.

ETA. The gold nuggets allowed adventures that gave me all sorts of wisps needed. Energy saver.

bellibee
03-28-17, 08:35 AM
First drop from Aideen is a golden nugget. Hope this good fortune continues ����

HuckleTown
03-28-17, 10:02 AM
First drop from Aideen is a golden nugget. Hope this good fortune continues ����

My first drop was a golden egg (of which I have plenty and haven't needed in months) since then no golden items:(

farmgirl8888
03-28-17, 10:05 AM
I found this event to be very doable, more like the old game. Maybe S8 is listening. If so, thank you S8 for making the game more enjoyable than frustrating!

riverly
03-28-17, 10:12 AM
My River is in storage as well as my fairy. For me personally I don't much care for the fairy theme. I've kept my horses out - for now. All in all pretty typical of how things been going. Getting kinda old. But I did get an energy crate and 20 gems from the deal. Not much, but at least something.

AuntyRose32
03-28-17, 10:25 AM
Aideen's first drop.... 2 wheat :rolleyes:

ShibuyaCloth
03-28-17, 11:09 AM
Aideen's first drop.... 2 wheat :rolleyes:

For me coins. She will soon hit the pink box:
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb410000.png_2v_31020.png

Jennerwein1
03-28-17, 11:17 AM
Aiden dropped a Golden Apple for me today. And things I don't remember, lol.
This event was doable with fair amount of effort, thanks to my day-unicorn herd. I have 4 Clydesdales, very cute! Thank you S8, I overall enjoyed this event, even though the drop rate was sometimes a bit frustrating.

Clark_Wayne
03-28-17, 11:22 AM
Aideen dropped a golden egg for me and some other stuffs :)

scavaig
03-28-17, 11:36 AM

Haha.... I don't think it will.

Everyone seems to be getting a gold something first drop..... However, after that I have had nothing but wheat!!!!

Wonkaland99
03-28-17, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately I missed too many collections from Ivy to finish without gems, but otherwise this was an enjoyable update. If Old Thomas could have given green wisps as well as Ivy it would have been 10/10.

pticaberk
03-28-17, 12:45 PM
Storm8, thank you. It was a nice event. I really like my green fairy. I don't have a lot of golden nuggets to give away on events so I feel now more safe having additional nuggets source.
It wasn't easy but it was doable for me using 12h timer to collect from Ivy with no misses.
However it's a pain to read that so many players met the bug when Ivy house didn't drop a wisp on each collection.

cavegirl1
03-28-17, 02:07 PM

Everyone seems to be getting a gold something first drop..... However, after that I have had nothing but wheat!!!!

Not everyone :) just did my first collection and got the black flag - didn't see what it said but definitely not a gold item ...

TerraRanomi
03-28-17, 02:21 PM

Haven't gotten anything gold yet. Only wheat and builders paste which are always useful. Aideen looks cute next to Neva and my three horses. :)

riverly
03-28-17, 02:57 PM
The animation on the horses look cute. My pair are synchronized.

naughtyimp
03-28-17, 04:06 PM
Just wheat 2 collections running from Aideen here!