PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

zoroak
03-18-17, 03:21 AM
Is Ivy the only way to get Green Wisps? She's really holding things up for me, the other wisps are plenty... Why isn't the Green Wisp included in the Starter Pack offer?

Yes unfortunately only Ivy's hut drops green wisps. The 'search for the end of the rainbow' adventure has a chance of dropping green and other coloured wisps but only possible if you are willing to sacrifice a nugget, a clover and if you have 5 lucky coins.

S8 may offer another pack towards the end of the event including green wisps, by then, I'm sure there will be a larger number of buyers of this pack.

Zirilka
03-18-17, 04:25 AM
Is Ivy the only way to get Green Wisps? She's really holding things up for me, the other wisps are plenty... Why isn't the Green Wisp included in the Starter Pack offer?

So that you have an incentive to gem-speed her hut. LoL. :)

manusing
03-18-17, 04:48 AM
Yet, no clover... No bandit.... I guess this is not a quest for me.... Unlucky !!!

confuzzled88
03-18-17, 04:52 AM
Hi, I can't seem to get any gold coins. Is there any other way other the rock outcropping? (chopped over 5 no gold coin)
and how do i get more bandits the stable doesn't attract already bought the trap but need more clovers only have 2
any tips will be useful

RevdKathy
03-18-17, 05:00 AM
So that you have an incentive to gem-speed her hut. LoL. :)

Yes, it's an incentive to gem speed Ivy's Hut. Or it can be a pacing mechanism to make the event last the full 11 days. If you got to the green wisp requirement in the first day (which most people will have) you have ten days to get 19 wisps (assuming none from adventures). That is doable, provided to are able to collect faithfully every 12 hours without fail. Unless you're prepared to spend gems, you can't race through the game.

Every game we have people panicking that it's not doable on day 2 or 3. Maybe S8 is trying to tell us something.

Of course, if you miss a collection THEN you need to gem speed or buy the items. I'm betting there will be a second value pack with the later wisps in by day four or five.

parlski
03-18-17, 05:23 AM
Hi, I can't seem to get any gold coins. Is there any other way other the rock outcropping? (chopped over 5 no gold coin)
and how do i get more bandits the stable doesn't attract already bought the trap but need more clovers only have 2
any tips will be useful

I've chopped over a dozen rock outcroppings and have only one 'lucky' gold coin. fortunately, I don't think they're needed for anything but that one quest that gives no reward.
the tedium of chopping rocks, trees, tending farmhouses, make these events boring.

more farmhouses, gives the better chance of bandits

dmpro
03-18-17, 05:24 AM
The farmhouses are what spawn the unlucky bandit, not stable. And as far as lucky coins, keep chopping rocks. They are in there and I have found two in some. Good luck!

Cafferati1
03-18-17, 06:24 AM
Right now I'm getting lucky coins with every chop. I have 88 now. But very few unlucky bandits and no orange wisps from chickens at all.

robotparade
03-18-17, 06:31 AM
I wish S8 would do something like: if you have the Leprechaun or the Lucky Parade Float from a previous year's event, they would drop something you need now, like Lucky Coins or Clover. Just something to say thank you to loyal players.

Zirilka
03-18-17, 06:50 AM
Yes, it's an incentive to gem speed Ivy's Hut. Or it can be a pacing mechanism to make the event last the full 11 days. If you got to the green wisp requirement in the first day (which most people will have) you have ten days to get 19 wisps (assuming none from adventures). That is doable, provided to are able to collect faithfully every 12 hours without fail. Unless you're prepared to spend gems, you can't race through the game.

Every game we have people panicking that it's not doable on day 2 or 3. Maybe S8 is trying to tell us something.

Of course, if you miss a collection THEN you need to gem speed or buy the items. I'm betting there will be a second value pack with the later wisps in by day four or five.

In general I agree, but I always thought that they opt for Ivy because this building is accessible to low levels. How often are we asked to visit Thurston or Sabrina? Greselda? Never. To the contrary, Ivy and Thomas - fairly often, together with farmhouses, cottages and stables and other places accessible for those under level 20.

hoplatralala
03-18-17, 07:13 AM
Don't forget to check inventory for skunkupine traps. I found five after I wasted energy planting and harvesting corn. When I get them from adventures I just keep them in inventory ...

Yes yes yes! Thank you so much for sharing.....i totally forgot about them..

PrincessCupOButter
03-18-17, 09:39 AM
I do think that 'encouraging' gem use is the ultimate reason S8 chose Ivy's hut. Old Thomas would have been a much better choice for the green wisps. They wouldn't have to make it a guaranteed drop, like it is from Ivy, but at least we'd have a chance of one every 2 hours instead of being stuck at only 2 per day. I believe the towers and spires are also available fairly early, and they are on 4 hour timers. Why not use those for something?

Just like chopping rock outcroppings is guaranteed to deplete a full charge of energy in under 2 minutes.

Zirilka
03-18-17, 09:54 AM
On that note: I so wish the red wisps could come from strawberries. This way we could be making lots of fruit trades on the side and replenish energy. Sniff.

PrincessCupOButter
03-18-17, 10:13 AM
On that note: I so wish the red wisps could come from strawberries. This way we could be making lots of fruit trades on the side and replenish energy. Sniff.

Oooh! Yes! And the purple could come from glimmerbulbs!! That would make so much more sense. Instead, I'm forever maxed on mushrooms and all things stone. There seriously needs to be something that can be done with all those rocks, since they insist on making us chop them for every event. Pity we can't use the exchange to convert those into energy. :(
As it is now, I don't ever do the energy trades, because I can't spare the energy to restock the materials for them.

I honestly think I wouldn't be so frustrated and disappointed with the non-stop timed events if there was even the tiniest smidgen of creativity and imagination put into them.

PrincessCelestian
03-18-17, 10:21 AM
Remember not to create too many since each task asks to create potions :) I think it will not happen to the potion #2 since wisp from ivy hut will be the hardest to get

So far for me if I already have the requisite number in inventory the goal autocompletes. So it's really a HAVE goal and not a BREW goal. Just bad wording on S8's part which is sadly par for the course.

Zirilka
03-18-17, 10:48 AM
Oooh! Yes! And the purple could come from glimmerbulbs!!

Preach on sister. You got me all dreamy.

ktorewqas
03-18-17, 11:35 AM
So far for me if I already have the requisite number in inventory the goal autocompletes. So it's really a HAVE goal and not a BREW goal. Just bad wording on S8's part which is sadly par for the course.
Thank you for clear that .:)

ethan1brothers
03-18-17, 12:20 PM
no one has #8 ?

PurpleScorpion76
03-18-17, 12:30 PM
I've done the one adventure needed. I'm not going on another unless I'm really desperate for green or violet wisps and I have enough gold coins to go on the adventure from the cropping for lucky dust. I'm not searching for coins that I don't need.

On another note has anyone else seen their clover inventory drop by a number? I had 14 I now have 9. I've been on 1 adventure and can't think where else they could have gone.

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 12:33 PM
I've done the one adventure needed. I'm not going on another unless I'm really desperate for green or violet wisps and I have enough gold coins to go on the adventure from the cropping for lucky dust. I'm not searching for coins that I don't need.

On another note has anyone else seen their clover inventory drop by a number? I had 14 I now have 9. I've been on 1 adventure and can't think where else they could have gone.

Crafting the potions uses the clovers.

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 12:34 PM
I have upgraded to level 6 and received the faerie leprechaun. There are no more goals, so I guess the river is her home. Good luck, everyone.

hkcorrigan
03-18-17, 12:35 PM
Did you upgrade the river? That requires clovers too.

HuckleTown
03-18-17, 12:38 PM
Right now I'm getting lucky coins with every chop. I have 88 now. But very few unlucky bandits and no orange wisps from chickens at all.

I'm getting lucky coins with every drop too, barely any dust, no gold nuggets, no wisp from the mine in 24 hours now, and no bandits from my farmhouses ALL day.

PurpleScorpion76
03-18-17, 12:55 PM
Crafting the potions uses the clovers.

I wondered that and checked but they don't. It's the lucky dust they use.

Ah! But upgrading the river does. Solution solved. Thanks.

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 01:03 PM
I wondered that and checked but they don't. It's the lucky dust they use.

Ah! But upgrading the river does. Solution solved. Thanks.

Ahhhh, yes. Lucky dust. I ended up with over 500. Wish I could delete it.

SkyeMyst
03-18-17, 01:04 PM
Bandits rarely spawn from farmhouses. 2 days, 2 clovers, never going to get enough

PurpleScorpion76
03-18-17, 01:10 PM
Did you upgrade the river? That requires clovers too.

Thanks, I just figured this out. Before seeing your post. Thanks for your input also.

ToshiNoMiya
03-18-17, 02:01 PM
It seems there is a drop/spawn issue again. At the beginning of the event everything dropped/spawned reliably, but after I upgraded the rainbow waterfall to L2 it's like:

ONE orange orb from 43 chickens

ONE bandit from I can't even remember how many, I stopped counting at 70, farmhouses

NO purple orbs for my last 5 collections from mines

barely any skuncupines showing up for blue orbs

maybe 1 in 9 red mushroom circles dropping a red orb

at best 2 yellow orbs from the tree

Ivy's hut still gives a green orb every time but that's just twice a day

I managed to upgrade to L3 now, but while I'd like to have the Fairy, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the bother

littelprincess0313
03-18-17, 02:22 PM
Just crafted my horse - its soo pretty :(
I have no problems with bandits I really got all the clovers in 2 days without spending gems
But upgrading is really slow --- I rarely get dust and no blue orbs :( purple ones are rare, too

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 02:45 PM
Aideen's first drop was builder's paste and 3 wheat. So maybe a mix of the satyr and alicolt drops?

VersaceMorrow
03-18-17, 03:03 PM

And why is the longest potion to brew (2 hours) the one needing a drop from Ivy's? Clearly S8 wasn't thinking this out clearly to create a double-whammy like that.

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 03:22 PM
Just crafted my horse - its soo pretty :(
I have no problems with bandits I really got all the clovers in 2 days without spending gems
But upgrading is really slow --- I rarely get dust and no blue orbs :( purple ones are rare, too

I agree. Getting the lucky Clydesdale should be achievable for everyone. The farmhouses are easy to build with just wood and stone and they have a quick re-charge time. My spawn rate for bandits has been decent so far.

confuzzled88
03-18-17, 03:36 PM
why are bandits so rare have 2 farmhouse but rarely get bandit. i won't be to make the horse at this rate. is there any other way to get clovers. and the purple wisp are so rare only got one today and collected from there several times,

ktorewqas
03-18-17, 03:52 PM
Aideen's first drop was builder's paste and 3 wheat. So maybe a mix of the satyr and alicolt drops?Congrats! its good drop but where are the golden things... Lol ... Rare. btw, What's the collection time?

Lucinda1989
03-18-17, 04:01 PM
You have to have the actual goal to upgrade. Are you on goal 5?

Yes, had everything. Finally got the upgrades.

HuckleTown
03-18-17, 04:12 PM
Are we sure the mine spawns wisps? Two more collections and nothing :(. So sad (and a little frustrated).

Will trade lucky coins for purple wisps and lucky dust ;)

Edit: more crying, 3 farmhouses collected from, 2 fangbeasts

cavegirl1
03-18-17, 04:54 PM
Someone earlier on said luck ebbs and flows in these events. Certainly true for me at the moment :)

Had been getting lots of bandits but they have dried up yesterday and today. But now getting heaps of skunkupines from rocks.

Seems it focuses on one spawn type at a time for me. Hoping it switches back the other way for a while!

And hope luck is on everyone's side :)

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 04:54 PM
Congrats! its good drop but where are the golden things... Lol ... Rare. btw, What's the collection time?

The faerie leprechaun has a 16 hr. timer. I think you're right that the gold items will be a rare drop unfortunately.

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 04:56 PM
why are bandits so rare have 2 farmhouse but rarely get bandit. i won't be to make the horse at this rate. is there any other way to get clovers. and the purple wisp are so rare only got one today and collected from there several times,

You won't get far with only 2 farmhouses. I had 8 and got a lot of bandits, but now have 15 farmhouses.

maxiandtaz
03-18-17, 04:57 PM
I'm not seeming to have any problem collecting the gold coins I'm at 96 now I'm not doing the adventure as it's requirement for the gold nugget is the issue I do have 7 but not worth using them to go on adventure to receive the wisps I'm not really having issues obtaining them I'm having a huge issue obtaining the lucky dust that seems to be obsolete from my drops. Any ideas

confuzzled88
03-18-17, 05:02 PM
thank you bought some more though don't have space for 15. Got 7 in total.

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 05:09 PM
thank you bought some more though don't have space for 15. Got 7 in total.

Awesome! That will increase your odds a lot! Good luck.

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 05:27 PM
I'm not seeming to have any problem collecting the gold coins I'm at 96 now I'm not doing the adventure as it's requirement for the gold nugget is the issue I do have 7 but not worth using them to go on adventure to receive the wisps I'm not really having issues obtaining them I'm having a huge issue obtaining the lucky dust that seems to be obsolete from my drops. Any ideas

I got way more dust than I needed from the rock outcroppings. The ratio of dust to lucky gold coins was about 20 to 1. So with 96 coins, its wild that you didn't get more lucky dust. Maybe try different types of rocks?

rulerofjennyville
03-18-17, 05:51 PM
Clovers are going to be the problem - the spawn rate, once again is really poor.

rulerofjennyville
03-18-17, 05:55 PM
Someone earlier on said luck ebbs and flows in these events. Certainly true for me at the moment :)

Had been getting lots of bandits but they have dried up yesterday and today. But now getting heaps of skunkupines from rocks.

Seems it focuses on one spawn type at a time for me. Hoping it switches back the other way for a while!

And hope luck is on everyone's side :)

I think it depends and it's lopsided - I didn't get the extra cherry trees to chop last challenge like everyone else did from the baron. And I'm certainly not getting any extra bandits to spawn.

tankerslacers
03-18-17, 07:01 PM
For lower level players (I'm at level 34), level 4 to 5 is 2 of each potion -again- and 4 clovers; same as requirements for level 3 to 4.

tan5314
03-18-17, 07:15 PM
I like this event so far.
At least it's not only about chopping like the previous one.
The drop rates seem reasonable. Ivy's Hut has a long recharge time but the whole event is long enough to get all needed green orbs. Mines give a couple orbs a day which is enough for finishing as well.
No need to upgrade as quick as possible to get more drops for super prize. I had a day totally dedicated to bandits and today is the day of chopping rocks. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the woods for yellow orbs.

I'm really enjoying it.

maxiandtaz
03-18-17, 07:19 PM
I got way more dust than I needed from the rock outcroppings. The ratio of dust to lucky gold coins was about 20 to 1. So with 96 coins, its wild that you didn't get more lucky dust. Maybe try different types of rocks?

I wish lol some chops are giving me 2 gold coins at once some rock cropping only give me 1 out of 20 chops I have been buying the special pack with the 100 energy to get the 10 lucky dust lol

DeeDeeBird70
03-18-17, 07:32 PM
For what it's worth: I seem to get better drops when I tap multiple times and then quick collect. I just did my 10 farmhouses. Tapped 5, quick collect spawned a bandit. Dispatched him, tapped a few more and repeat. Actually got 4 bandits this time. Doesn't always work, got my share of fangbeasts. But my River is level 2, I've done 2 adventures and I still have 32 clovers. Adventures not worth it, no green wisps. But rock chopping returned the gold nuggets used.

Edit: Guess I jinxed myself. Next 20 collects, got one fangbeast.

castle1423
03-18-17, 07:57 PM
Can someone remind me what all spawns a skunkpine?

kattkrazie
03-18-17, 08:08 PM
Can someone remind me what all spawns a skunkpine?

Planting corn is the fastest. Also tapping flowers. I got a lot from rock outcroppings too.

Fairy4kingdom
03-18-17, 08:12 PM
tried a 50 gem lucky rock. first time got 2 gold coins, then it refreshed and I had to chop again and got only one.
WASTE OF GEMS>

I'm sorry to say I had the same thing happen to me-paying 50 gems for 1 lucky gold coin?! It seems to me this is going to be yet another event that is waste of gems, time, energy and patience! S8, why aren't you listening to players? When will we get back to the storyline and get new expansions?

newzealander
03-18-17, 08:27 PM
Has anyone worked out the drop rate from the mines? Seriously....I'm sitting on about two purple wisps from about twenty collections! (Two mines per collection). Grrrrrrrrr!

teaganblackthorne
03-18-17, 08:52 PM
Skunkupines were taking forever to spawn but then I realized I have never used any traps I earned since I started the game. I found 16 skunkupine traps in my inventory.

AnisWa
03-18-17, 09:25 PM
Yesterday, the farmhouses were spawning bandits almost regularly. Today, I've gotten only 3 shamrocks. I've been playing practically all day long since 7:00 am to midnight. I'm aiming to obtain the Irush Clyesdale. If this continues when I decide to play again, I won't do this event. Goodnight!

hkcorrigan
03-18-17, 09:50 PM
For what it's worth: I seem to get better drops when I tap multiple times and then quick collect. I just did my 10 farmhouses. Tapped 5, quick collect spawned a bandit. Dispatched him, tapped a few more and repeat. Actually got 4 bandits this time. Doesn't always work, got my share of fangbeasts. But my River is level 2, I've done 2 adventures and I still have 32 clovers. Adventures not worth it, no green wisps. But rock chopping returned the gold nuggets used.
I have gotten a green wisp from the adventure. As I have no other uses for the gold coins, so as long as I can keep up with the clover and get the occasional gold nugget as I'm chopping rocks, I'll probably send my knights out again.

cccymaaa
03-18-17, 09:55 PM
What kind of adventure are you guys sending your knights on, that brings skunkupie traps, or dark cave formation? My knights only brought overgrown bench, anvil, pumpkin patch or scarecrow from their daily outings.

HuckleTown
03-18-17, 10:56 PM

I've got the same issue as you. Every chop yields at least one gold coin. The dust is somewhat rare and I dont have the clovers or nuggets to use on the adventure.

idrispad
03-19-17, 12:11 AM
I've got the same issue as you. Every chop yields at least one gold coin. The dust is somewhat rare and I dont have the clovers or nuggets to use on the adventure.

And yet I have got 8 lucky coins in total for the whole event so far, and I've chopped many many rocks. It's ridiculous.

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 02:25 AM
So, in 36 hours of mine collecting, I've gotten 1 purple wisp. I even set timers through the night. This is ridiculous.

RevdKathy
03-19-17, 02:26 AM
Reading through and seeing people's very different experiences of the game, this event would seem to be alarmingly extra random! Reports of everything from coins on every chop to barely seeing any and equally wild variations in the drops and spawn rates.

It feels like this is meant to increase the sense that each player is playing individually, you are playing your version of the game and I mine.

The community is what makes this game fun for many of us. Indeed, for some of us the players who race ahead and scope out the requirements are what makes the game possible (THANK YOU ALL) so things that run counter to community are IMHO, unhelpful to say the least.

katbtodd
03-19-17, 03:07 AM
Think somebody hasn't done their math , just read level 6 we are going to need 8 of each color ,to level up .now green wisps only come twice a day in Ivy hut , we going to need 4 days all by it self for level 6 , and most of us are only on level 2 with 9 days left , yes you can send your knights out in hopes for a green wisp.. But it's a rare drop . I sent my knights out 4 times already and not one green wisp this ramdon drop thing is really hard on timed events ,I am not and will not use any gems !!!!!! Even the special package on the side doesn't even give us green wisp the rarest wisp there is !

RevdKathy
03-19-17, 03:14 AM
Nine days will give you 17 or 18 green wisps if you collect religiously. From level two you will need 17 of each potion. So it IS doable....just. But only just. Miss one collection, and you've blown it.

I'd say someone has done the maths, very, very carefully. We can't say it's not doable, but the number of people who will have to spend gems at least on Ivy's Hut will be very high.

Den8137259
03-19-17, 03:34 AM
★ anyone falling in love with the Unlucky Bandit? ★ he's so cute (: ★ could we have a copy on our game board please? Ty (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7Re3jDV0AE_8p5.jpg

katbtodd
03-19-17, 03:48 AM
Nine days will give you 17 or 18 green wisps if you collect religiously. From level two you will need 17 of each potion. So it IS doable....just. But only just. Miss one collection, and you've blown it.

I'd say someone has done the maths, very, very carefully. We can't say it's not doable, but the number of people who will have to spend gems at least on Ivy's Hut will be very high.
I hear ya ,,,but you have to get through level 3-5 and a lot of people can't get in the game like that,, they cut it so close it's not funny ..

katbtodd
03-19-17, 04:07 AM
And yet I have got 8 lucky coins in total for the whole event so far, and I've chopped many many rocks. It's ridiculous.

I'm yielding a gold coin every chop too just not the lucky god coin,, I bet I have chopped 6 outcropping with no lucky coin ,lots of boars, that eat our energy

Em_storm
03-19-17, 04:17 AM
Are we sure the mine spawns wisps? Two more collections and nothing :(. So sad (and a little frustrated).

This is the issue I'm having as well. Only two purple wisps from the entire event so far. Perhaps there's a secret formula, like you have to collect while your third cow from the right of the screen is blinking. But if your seventh chicken from the top bends over to peck you're out of luck. ;)

aurora171
03-19-17, 04:18 AM
I'm yielding a gold coin every chop too just not the lucky god coin,, I bet I have chopped 6 outcropping with no lucky coin ,lots of boars, that eat our energy

Same here and the purple wisps and unlucky bandits seem to be mythical beings in my kingdom as well!

Meereen39
03-19-17, 04:38 AM
This is the issue I'm having as well. Only two purple wisps from the entire event so far. Perhaps there's a secret formula, like you have to collect while your third cow from the right of the screen is blinking. But if your seventh chicken from the top bends over to peck you're out of luck. ;)

Ihad so many issues for rwo days no purple or orange ,,or bandits or coins...but suddenly my luck has improved i am getting everything except the coins ......maybe tomorrow i might be able to go on a adventure 😀

idrispad
03-19-17, 05:00 AM

I wondered if it was a confusion between gold coins and lucky coins but people are talking of having, say, 96 in inventory which means it must be the lucky ones. It doesn't make sense.

Edit: unless it's the dust they're seeing in inventory...?

EsmeW2
03-19-17, 05:26 AM
I'm wondering if there is a bit of difference between Android and iPad. On my iPad game I'm falling behind with the purple drops from the mines which hardly ever seem to drop them and it seems harder to generate the beasts from the farms. Or maybe this is just part of the randomness that people are noticing. Not seeing differences between the two for gold coins or lucky dust.

I've not had the adventure drop purple or green on either the version. Has anyone else had these wisps from adventures? - don't want to use up too many precious nuggets if I can get the wisps in other ways.

tonyjosiah
03-19-17, 05:32 AM
I got the Lucky Clydesdale (she's in front of the King's Keep if anyone wants to see her), same animation as the other Clydesdales, and so far, for drops: 1 horse hair, 1 or 2 sugars, 1 fertilizer, & 2 carrots. I was definitely hoping for more since the timer is double a regular horse. But that's it so far. I'll post again if I get anything different. Did anyone else get anything different yet? Seems like the regular horse droppings so far. LOL

goodeats711
03-19-17, 05:37 AM
I hear ya ,,,but you have to get through level 3-5 and a lot of people can't get in the game like that,, they cut it so close it's not funny ..

...or FUN. I don't understand why they have to make the goals so ridiculously hard/virtually impossible. I have chopped 10+ rock outcroppings in the last 24 hours and am still stuck at the same 4 gold coins that I had when I started, which means I have received absolutely no new ones. I used 5 for the end of rainbow search, which means I have only received 9 in total. You have to use the FULL SET OF ENERGY just to chop 2 (assuming the troll doesn't come 3 or 4 times before you can finish). Also, for the last 20+ visits to farmhouses, I have not seen the Unlucky Bandit. How are you ever supposed to collect 30 clover to summon the Clydesdale? To make matters worse, all the river upgrades are using up what few I have been able to collect. They really need to increase the energy max. Or better yet, eliminate the energy max altogether so that you can build up endless energy when you're not playing for a while (especially overnight). Better still, do away with energy and just let us tap on whatever is ready instead of constantly waiting for energy. There need to be better, more frequent ways to get green wisps, too. The others are rare enough, but the greens are going to be impossible. If you accidentally miss Ivy's during the day, you could end up with one of the 12 hours being at midnight and not even get to do that one at all. The goals in this game are almost always so difficult, they end up just being frustrating instead of fun and challenging. I wish S8 would work on that. There need to be better/less energy wasting ways to get lots more wisps, lucky dust, lucky gold coins, and clovers.

AnisWa
03-19-17, 06:00 AM
To get the Clyesdale, I only need 4 according to the book. However, according to workshop, I need 6. All I keep spawning are the orange fang beasts. It's not fun!
Good Luck to everyone.

bigtail2
03-19-17, 06:02 AM
I'm sorry to say I had the same thing happen to me-paying 50 gems for 1 lucky gold coin?! It seems to me this is going to be yet another event that is waste of gems, time, energy and patience! S8, why aren't you listening to players? When will we get back to the storyline and get new expansions?

I didn't get even one! The first 20-25 outcrops didn't yield even one, either. Now I get one gold coin every 1-2 outcrops.....don't understand how some people are getting a coin with every chop? That is way past "random".

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 06:44 AM

We are definitely talking about the lucky coin...I have 142 in inventory, receive at least one for every chop. I've only got 14 dust and haven't crafted a potion since before my lucky coin bonanza started.

On another note, I'm away from home and used my phones hotspot for the first time EVER to collect from the mine...NO WISP AGAIN, 42 hours and counting.

hkcorrigan
03-19-17, 07:00 AM
To get the Clyesdale, I only need 4 according to the book. However, according to workshop, I need 6. All I keep spawning are the orange fang beasts. It's not fun!
Good Luck to everyone.
Your book and workshop may differ in numbers because the book shows what you've collected in total, while the workshop shows your current inventory. You have to use clover to upgrade the river, and if you go on the adventure.

katbtodd
03-19-17, 07:02 AM
We are definitely talking about the lucky coin...I have 142 in inventory, receive at least one for every chop. I've only got 14 dust and haven't crafted a potion since before my lucky coin bonanza started.

On another note, I'm away from home and used my phones hotspot for the first time EVER to collect from the mine...NO WISP AGAIN, 42 hours and counting.
These drop rate are just not far ,,I have 145 gold dust..one lucky coin

Bette3900
03-19-17, 07:15 AM
I'm wondering if there is a bit of difference between Android and iPad. On my iPad game I'm falling behind with the purple drops from the mines which hardly ever seem to drop them and it seems harder to generate the beasts from the farms. Or maybe this is just part of the randomness that people are noticing. Not seeing differences between the two for gold coins or lucky dust.

I've not had the adventure drop purple or green on either the version. Has anyone else had these wisps from adventures? - don't want to use up too many precious nuggets if I can get the wisps in other ways.

I have had both, but only one of each, and I have sent out 5 adventures. I have mainly gotten red/orange/yellow.

gandalf72
03-19-17, 07:25 AM
I got the Lucky Clydesdale (she's in front of the King's Keep if anyone wants to see her), same animation as the other Clydesdales, and so far, for drops: 1 horse hair, 1 or 2 sugars, 1 fertilizer, & 2 carrots. I was definitely hoping for more since the timer is double a regular horse. But that's it so far. I'll post again if I get anything different. Did anyone else get anything different yet? Seems like the regular horse droppings so far. LOL

Lol!!
My lucky coin drop rate from rock outcroppings is horse droppings! (Tongue firmly in cheek) haha!

Jennerwein1
03-19-17, 07:32 AM
I can see another, more expensive, pack with green wisps, maybe some lucky coins, on the horizon. Just when people have invested a lot of time (gems?) and are getting desperate and motivated to spend real money. Also, has anyone noticed a glut of boars and fangbeasts, the exact opposite of when we actually need them ?
These impossible (if you have an actual life) events are getting old. At least I have the Lucky Clydesdale and he is cute!

maxiandtaz
03-19-17, 07:59 AM
These drop rate are just not far ,,I have 145 gold dust..one lucky coin

I wish I was in your boat lol I too was having issue with the gold coins until I sent them on the adventure for the first time to complete the quest I have not done another adventure since due to the lack of gold nuggets however I'm getting gold coins like crazy and no lucky dust right now I have 168 gold coins and only 2 lucky dust I'm chopping like crazy those rock outcropping sand they seem to be obsolete the only way I can get enough to craft a potion that uses 10 is to purchase them it is really very annoying I wish we could gift our extras cause I would gift them all away they are useless to me because of the gold nuggets

rulerofjennyville
03-19-17, 08:02 AM
I can see another, more expensive, pack with green wisps, maybe some lucky coins, on the horizon. Just when people have invested a lot of time (gems?) and are getting desperate and motivated to spend real money. Also, has anyone noticed a glut of boars and fangbeasts, the exact opposite of when we actually need them ?
These impossible (if you have an actual life) events are getting old. At least I have the Lucky Clydesdale and he is cute!

I want both the lucky Clydesdale and the fairy - I figure after the last three competitions they owe me both. This one seems to be going easier so we'll see if I get either - the difference is I'm off for spring break so I can devote my whole day to clicking aimlessly on my phone. Plus I keep getting lots of energy off of adventures - more than usual this morning I ended up with 90. So I would encourage people to do those adventures still.

maxiandtaz
03-19-17, 08:06 AM
I wondered if it was a confusion between gold coins and lucky coins but people are talking of having, say, 96 in inventory which means it must be the lucky ones. It doesn't make sense.

Edit: unless it's the dust they're seeing in inventory...?

Hi I'm not confusing my coins with dust if I could figure out how to post a screen shot I certainly would and I have 168 lucky coins and only 2 lucky dust I'm getting at least one gold coin per chop sometimes it is even 2 a chop

Just chopped another rock outcropping and here is the total 22 lucky coins 2 lucky dust it's driving me crazy

AnisWa
03-19-17, 08:13 AM
Thanks, I am aware of ungrading river with clover. That's why I've decided to just do Clydesdale. I'm not continuing onto the river leveling. I don't want another character floating/twitching/twerking in my kingdom.

RevdKathy
03-19-17, 08:21 AM
Please can someone clarify the requirements for level six? Post one says 8 of each potion but no clover, post 2 says 8 potions and 8 clover. Given my abysmal spawn rate for shipwrecked trolls, that's going to be tough.

Thanks!

idrispad
03-19-17, 08:37 AM
Hi I'm not confusing my coins with dust if I could figure out how to post a screen shot I certainly would and I have 168 lucky coins and only 2 lucky dust I'm getting at least one gold coin per chop sometimes it is even 2 a chop

Just chopped another rock outcropping and here is the total 22 lucky coins 2 lucky dust it's driving me crazy

And I had had 10 coins in total for the entire event so far.

This makes no sense whatsoever. I know the drop rates can vary but that kind of difference simply can't be random.

maxiandtaz
03-19-17, 08:42 AM
And I had had 10 coins in total for the entire event so far.

This makes no sense whatsoever. I know the drop rates can vary but that kind of difference simply can't be random.

That's exactly what I think too I can't firgure out how to post a picture or I would show you I have
Tried to but keep getting upload failed so not sure what I'm doing wrong

AnisWa
03-19-17, 09:12 AM
Since 8:30 am to present, I've been tapping farmhouses every 10 mins., only needing 6 bandits....and, I'm still needing 5! What kinda of crazy is this game? Omg

RevdKathy
03-19-17, 09:14 AM
Either it's a glitch and some people have got weirdly lucky or there's something deliberate here in just how much game response varies. We have people with one lucky coin and people with hundreds, people who can't get purple wisps and people who nearly have all they need ( I need six more in total) people on their second horse and people worried they won't have enough clover for the waterfall.

Given that the leaderboard events have introduced the practice of sorting us into groups, I wonder if that's being used deliberately. By making us short of different things, we are no longer complaining with one voice about this drop rate or that spawn rate. We just judge ourselves 'unlucky'.

Or maybe I've read too many conspiracy theories.

JessicaCostantini
03-19-17, 09:28 AM
I'm not one to typically complain, but I bought the special rock formation for 50gems. I actually bought 3 of them. It says they double the chance of gold coin, but I did not get even 1 from any of them. Just letting everyone know. I apologize if someone else had already brought it up.

maxiandtaz
03-19-17, 09:53 AM
Either it's a glitch and some people have got weirdly lucky or there's something deliberate here in just how much game response varies. We have people with one lucky coin and people with hundreds, people who can't get purple wisps and people who nearly have all they need ( I need six more in total) people on their second horse and people worried they won't have enough clover for the waterfall.

Given that the leaderboard events have introduced the practice of sorting us into groups, I wonder if that's being used deliberately. By making us short of different things, we are no longer complaining with one voice about this drop rate or that spawn rate. We just judge ourselves 'unlucky'.

I am beginning to think that's the case as the game knows I'm not using the lucky coins for the adventure but I am buying the lucky dust to be able to craft the potions it seems as the only shortage I am having is the lucky dust so I am beginning to think just like you it knows I will buy it so it keeps giving me things not using I'm close to 200 of the gold coins now trying to obtain the lucky dust only to get at max 3 for every rock cropping and at the minimum of 20 lucky coins out of one it's crazy and driving me crazy

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 10:01 AM
45 hours without a purple wisp

ktorewqas
03-19-17, 10:10 AM
I got 2 purple wisps last round and none this round. Usually 1 per round. I know one of my neighbour has bad luck on purple in the beginning. I now have bad luck to find skunk. Very few showed up from harvesting. Got 5 boars from rock with only 1 skunk. But I have very good luck on finding bandits. Looks like everyone has different luck. Interesting

kattkrazie
03-19-17, 10:12 AM
Please can someone clarify the requirements for level six? Post one says 8 of each potion but no clover, post 2 says 8 potions and 8 clover. Given my abysmal spawn rate for shipwrecked trolls, that's going to be tough.

Thanks!

To upgrade to level 6, you need 8 of each potion but no clovers.

idrispad
03-19-17, 10:17 AM

I don't think it's possible that the drop rate can vary that much by pure chance. I'd love to know what the criteria for high rates are though!

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 10:32 AM
Referencing above from idrispad: I haven't sent any adventures, I'm getting enough lucky coins for the community. I'm not getting any purple wisp and now that I'm concentrating on chickens...no orange wisps from 30 chickens, so sad.

I do believe I have enough clovers to upgrade fully, so now I'm concentrating on wisps and not clearing my farmhouses as often. If purple wisps don't show up in the next 18 hours (giving S8 time to start work) I'm going to concentrate on the horse (while keeping the clovers for upgrading)

zoroak
03-19-17, 10:34 AM
Thanks, I am aware of ungrading river with clover. That's why I've decided to just do Clydesdale. I'm not continuing onto the river leveling. I don't want another character floating/twitching/twerking in my kingdom.

I think Aideen (leprechaun faerie) will not be a floating character. It says it has a chance of dropping golden nuggets, eggs or apples so it will be a stationary 'deco' that you tap for drops.

zoroak
03-19-17, 10:35 AM
Referencing above from idrispad: I haven't sent any adventures, I'm getting enough lucky coins for the community. I'm not getting any purple wisp and now that I'm concentrating on chickens...no orange wisps from 30 chickens, so sad.

I do believe I have enough clovers to upgrade fully, so now I'm concentrating on wisps and not clearing my farmhouses as often. If purple wisps don't show up in the next 18 hours (giving S8 time to start work) I'm going to concentrate on the horse (while keeping the clovers for upgrading)

What level are you, are you on android?

ClubhouseCity
03-19-17, 10:35 AM
My thanks for the player who posted collected flowers before the Sparkling Mine.
You need 4 individual flowers (2 per mine) as to tap 2 before you tap the mine. Put out the flowers you need.
If you
get a monster you will not get the purple wisp. Wait and collect 2 flowers and you will get the purple wisp. Tap 2 flowers at a time before you go to the mine. This post explains this flower mine collecting in detail.

AnisWa
03-19-17, 10:37 AM
I don't think it's possible that the drop rate can vary that much by pure chance. I'd love to know what the criteria for high rates are though!

Probably, those who spend maga bucks (real $$$$) to advance and finish in two days; before any of the normal players get to play even 24 hrs of the event. They have the higher chance/luck in drops. S8 is watching us closely as to where the $$ is! Only my opinion!

kattkrazie
03-19-17, 10:54 AM
Probably, those who spend maga bucks (real $$$$) to advance and finish in two days; before any of the normal players get to play even 24 hrs of the event. They have the higher chance/luck in drops. S8 is watching us closely as to where the $$ is! Only my opinion!

Rest assured no mega bucks were spent in my kingdom and I still finished in 2 days. Random is random. No one's luck, good or bad, is by design.

jdgrozda
03-19-17, 10:59 AM
I was getting bandits regularly until I upgraded to level 3....now I've hit over 20 farmhouses and only spawned a fangbeast. So not impressed right now. What a waste of energy for nothing.

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 11:15 AM
What level are you, are you on android?

Level 33 iOS

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 11:18 AM
My thanks for the player who posted collected flowers before the Sparkling Mine.
You need 4 individual flowers (2 per mine) as to tap 2 before you tap the mine. Put out the flowers you need.
If you
get a monster you will not get the purple wisp. Wait and collect 2 flowers and you will get the purple wisp. Tap 2 flowers at a time before you go to the mine. This post explains this flower mine collecting in detail.
What flowers?

So I should collect from 2 flowers and then immediately from 1 mine, repeat for additional mines?

Does it matter which flowers?

seascape9
03-19-17, 11:21 AM
Can I brew the potions in anticipation of the next upgrade to the river or is it part of the task to brew then give? On page 1 here it says brew potion #1 . . . Etc. I have some wisps so would like to get ahead, but not if they are not going to count!

kendysek
03-19-17, 11:23 AM

It looks like for some players the gold lucky coins and lucky dust switched drop rates!

coolssp
03-19-17, 11:23 AM

OMG!!! You are very lucky:)

kholck
03-19-17, 11:33 AM
The number of clovers collected as shown in the workshop does not match the number shown in the goal book? The goal book is correct according to my count but the number in the workshop is 2 less?

kattkrazie
03-19-17, 11:44 AM
Can I brew the potions in anticipation of the next upgrade to the river or is it part of the task to brew then give? On page 1 here it says brew potion #1 . . . Etc. I have some wisps so would like to get ahead, but not if they are not going to count!

You can craft potions ahead of time. The side goal will autocomplete if you have the necessary potions in inventory.

PrincessCupOButter
03-19-17, 11:50 AM
The number of clovers collected as shown in the workshop does not match the number shown in the goal book? The goal book is correct according to my count but the number in the workshop is 2 less?

Have you upgraded the river or gone on any adventures?
The goalbook reflects the total number of clovers you have collected, including those you have already used. The workshop, and your inventory, shows how many you actually have.

Zirilka
03-19-17, 11:51 AM
I am just waiting for Ivy and the final green wisp to upgrade to level 4 *wipes the sweat off the forehead*. So far I have just used one gem to speed her hut once. The quest is definitely doable, luck factor aside, the biggest variable is the amount of energy each player has at their disposal. I have only 2 wizard schools and 1 wedding ali.

babublik
03-19-17, 12:32 PM
Anyone know a special trick to spawn a skunkupines? I've only been able to spawn one to upgrade my waterfall to level 2. Now it's been 2 days and haven't been able to upgrade to level 3 since then because I can't spawn a skunkupine! I have made multiple lucky potions 1 and 2 and can't move forward ☹️
I've already harvested like 5 corn field, 3 wheat fields, chopped like 5 trees, watered and rewatered all of my plants and nothing. I'd really hate to spend gems so early into the event for skunkupine traps because I don't think I'll b able to finish at this rate. Any suggestions?

* also, I don't have any wizard schools or alicorns. I just upgraded to level 25 so energy is a problem

zoroak
03-19-17, 12:36 PM
Auddxs, Huckletown, Cafferati1, Maxiandtaz and all those who have a multitude of lucky gold coins and very few lucky dusts, you should report this in the bugs and issues section. Doesn't sound right. Are you all at the low level requirements? Must be really frustrating not to get any dusts!

CelineKats
03-19-17, 12:43 PM
Rest assured no mega bucks were spent in my kingdom and I still finished in 2 days. Random is random. No one's luck, good or bad, is by design.

Lol couldnt resist visiting your kingdom after your answer and it is amazing. Never saw a kingdom which so many Ali's. Must be over a 100. Wow i a am deeply impressed. With that amount of energy available I am certain you didnt spend much, but alas most of us dont have access to an energy generator like that and my expectation is that it will cost us some gems to get the main price. Herd or no herd, luck is indeed random and its a fact that some of us will be lucky and others not. Its a simple fact of life :-).

ClubhouseCity
03-19-17, 12:50 PM
I have one Rocket Larkspur for each of my two groups.
But in my sister kingdom 4 Iceland Poppy Patch and works for her.
Your first question yes. If you fight a monster one mine will get the purple wisp.
Some players didn't read the post I read and decided how this works.
I wish there was a way for the farmhouse.

zoroak
03-19-17, 12:52 PM
Anyone know a special trick to spawn a skunkupines? I've only been able to spawn one to upgrade my waterfall to level 2. Now it's been 2 days and haven't been able to upgrade to level 3 since then because I can't spawn a skunkupine! I have made multiple lucky potions 1 and 2 and can't move forward ☹️
I've already harvested like 5 corn field, 3 wheat fields, chopped like 5 trees, watered and rewatered all of my plants and nothing. I'd really hate to spend gems so early into the event for skunkupine traps because I don't think I'll b able to finish at this rate. Any suggestions?

* also, I don't have any wizard schools or alicorns. I just upgraded to level 25 so energy is a problem

Tend to use the 'fast collect' trick and on iOS, you can tap 20x on rock or collect multiple times on crops, swipe up from bottom of screen, then swipe down quickly to fast collect and this tends to increase chances of monsters for me. You can also tap on menu, then social and this also 'fast collects' which should work for android too.

dazzy_rascal
03-19-17, 12:53 PM
Might just complete this if I continue timing collections and spending energy right. I haven't noticed any unusual high/low drop rates like others, but have been successfully targeting what I need anyway. Plus being a lower level player seems to have its illogical advantages, like a lot of teamlava games.

For the 12 day event, lower level ppl like me need about 4 clovers a day, excluding adventures, to be able to fully upgrade the river and craft the apparently useless horse. I tend to enter the game every hour or so, spend 8 or so energy points collecting only necessary items for this event (mines, ivy's, wizard schools, any potential sources of energy...) and chipping at rocks, THEN hit my 6 farmhouses to try for clovers. I have never encountered a random fight from the first few clicks in this game, so therefore haven't been trying for those bandits straight away. If I get a bandit, I quit right after and repeat the same tactic an hour later, believing the appearances have some sort of pattern we'll never fully understand. Seems to have worked well so far though.

When I've had excess energy from adventures, wizard schools or other (no alicorns but my Sir Pigglesworth coughs up occasionally), I've then collected from red mushrooms, chickens, or yellow acers based on what I need. My one adventure has given some of these wisps, soon to be second, but seen no green or purple like most, so mines and Ivy's are being collected ASAP. I've also stockpiled potions rather than upgrading straight away. Part of me believes the wisp drop rate will plummet for the later levels...

Just started posting on the forums, hoping it helps some people as I have been helped with this and other quests.

maxiandtaz
03-19-17, 12:54 PM
I have one Rocket Larkspur for each of my two groups.
But in my sister kingdom 4 Iceland Poppy Patch and works for her.
Your first question yes. If you fight a monster one mine will get the purple wisp.
Some players didn't read the post I read and decided how this works.
I wish there was a way for the farmhouse.
Could some one please post a link to this post please I have been searching and searching so I could read it and cant find it thank you

maxiandtaz
03-19-17, 12:54 PM
Auddxs, Huckletown, Cafferati1, Maxiandtaz and all those who have a multitude of lucky gold coins and very few lucky dusts, you should report this in the bugs and issues section. Doesn't sound right. Are you all at the low level requirements? Must be really frustrating not to get any dusts!
I am on level 25 so yes I am lower level

babublik
03-19-17, 01:20 PM
Thanks, can't believe I just spawned a skunkupine after 2 days! Really hoping it's the fast collect trick and not just my luck 😝

kattkrazie
03-19-17, 01:24 PM
Lol couldnt resist visiting your kingdom after your answer and it is amazing. Never saw a kingdom which so many Ali's. Must be over a 100. Wow i a am deeply impressed. With that amount of energy available I am certain you didnt spend much, but alas most of us dont have access to an energy generator like that and my expectation is that it will cost us some gems to get the main price. Herd or no herd, luck is indeed random and its a fact that some of us will be lucky and others not. Its a simple fact of life :-).

Haha. Yes, I suppose my good luck is a little by design.

Gaillock
03-19-17, 01:31 PM
I don't get upgrading to level 6. Do we actually have to brew 8 MORE of each potion after we just brewed 6 each for the goal?! Yikes!

ClubhouseCity
03-19-17, 01:45 PM
I searched on my android phone and ipad2. The post is missing. It was there Friday night and that's why I put the flowers out.

kattkrazie
03-19-17, 01:47 PM
I don't get upgrading to level 6. Do we actually have to brew 8 MORE of each potion after we just brewed 6 each for the goal?! Yikes!

I had the same reaction. Imagine my surprise when I thought level 5 was the end. I usually plod along without reading post #1.

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 01:59 PM
Could some one please post a link to this post please I have been searching and searching so I could read it and cant find it thank you

I never saw the referenced post either.

On a side note: I just stored my jousting arena because the next time I collect, a dire boar is going to spawn. If I've learned nothing else from this thread, I've learned I do NOT want to trigger dire boars ;)

Andro45
03-19-17, 02:41 PM
I never saw the referenced post either.

It may be deleted (don't know if it was against forum rules). Doesn't seem to work for me. I will try again tomorrow.

Does anybody know what the requirements are for upgrading to level 6 for low level players?

I'm stuck at level 2...I have had ONE violet wisp from the mines so far in my level 26 kingdom...Sent out for one adventure, only got red, orange and yellow wisps...feeling very sorry for myself.

In my level 36 kingdom I'm stuck at level 2 too...same problem...no violet wisps. Not many unlucky bandits either. Looks like I'm having some bad luck :p

peachtreeshoppe
03-19-17, 02:50 PM

Why aren't people parking a bandit at the townhouses while chopping rocks? Make some grits and get your skunkupines in the corn. Not worth getting stopped up when you don't want to be.

Andro45
03-19-17, 02:57 PM
Why aren't people parking a bandit at the townhouses while chopping rocks? Make some grits and get your skunkupines in the corn. Not worth getting stopped up when you don't want to be.
Looks like i'm getting more skunkupines from rocks than from corn. Two birds, one stone. I'll have to fight dire boars or trolls too, but in the end they don't take away too much energy as you get some back after they are defeated.

peachtreeshoppe
03-19-17, 03:16 PM
Looks like i'm getting more skunkupines from rocks than from corn. Two birds, one stone. I'll have to fight dire boars or trolls too, but in the end they don't take away too much energy as you get some back after they are defeated.

Good point. This game has turned into a race to force close before drops register to give the source another chance at providing what we need. I guess that's like even more gambling. Time intensive but if you've got 30 minutes to play, you can get a fair amount of what you need to make at least one potion.

Den8137259
03-19-17, 03:50 PM
★ the Unlucky Bandit .. poor fella has to be ****ed multiple times so that we harvest his lucky clovers lol .. irony :p

Blanche_Lady
03-19-17, 04:04 PM
Has anyone gotten an unlucky trap from adventure or sir piglessworth?
I have one on my inventory and I do not remember purchasing it.

ShibuyaCloth
03-19-17, 04:05 PM
45 hours without a purple wisp

Had this as well in the beginning. Since today I could catch up and made plenty of potion #3. Now at L3 and nearly done for L4, waiting for the next green to drop.

seascape9
03-19-17, 04:09 PM
You can craft potions ahead of time. The side goal will autocomplete if you have the necessary potions in inventory.

Thank you!

AuntGma
03-19-17, 04:14 PM

I found one in my inventory as well. I am positive I did not purchase it, although that part of my goal is checked as completed. I have done as many of the adventures as possible and have received numerous items each time, so am speculating that my trap must have been a drop from one of those.

Zirilka
03-19-17, 04:20 PM
The trap is a reward for upgrading to level 4.

PrincessCupOButter
03-19-17, 04:28 PM

After making the 6 for the goal, you only have to make 2 more to have the 8 for the upgrade. So 8 total. Which is still a lot compared to the other levels.

It's the prize for upgrading to level 4 and it looks like we get another one for upgrading to level 5 as well. (Not quite there yet, due to the green wisps roadblock)
I wish at least one of the prizes was a few of the actual clover or some of the more rare wisps instead. Lol

Meereen39
03-19-17, 04:28 PM
I am really enjoying this quest even though it is mega hard...but just a thought....i have two accounts one which i never spend gems or money..the other is my main one and i spend loads ..especially buying energy....and getting ahead in lb challenges..the one i don't spend gems on i am having no trouble with all materials i need..heaps of gold coins green wisps in adventures cruising along nicely..... but the one i spend gems on it seems very difficult i am not getting coins or dust or bandits....or purple wisps... plus no adventures due to lack of coins ..go figure

barbarix
03-19-17, 04:40 PM
Please, Team, can the other monsters be tranquilized a bit? I slaid about 25 bulls today, 5 fangbeasts, wasting precious energy, and only two tiny little skunkupines... one bandit popped up at about the 14th farmhouse or so... no fun... plus chickens do almost not drop and I promise to not buy any diamonds if these rates and proportions do not get a bit more reasonable... Sorry, but a theSwiss prices Isee...xxx make it happen and take the bulls away for a bit

waterbushbabies
03-19-17, 04:43 PM
I ve noticed that too! I have 298 lucky gold coins on account I never buy gems on. The other account I ve struggled all day to get gold coins, I'm at 4, it's laughable really

kattkrazie
03-19-17, 04:52 PM
I ve noticed that too! I have 298 lucky gold coins on account I never buy gems on. The other account I ve struggled all day to get gold coins, I'm at 4, it's laughable really

Probably just a coincidence. I buy gems and my drops were average to good.

AuntGma
03-19-17, 04:55 PM
The trap is a reward for upgrading to level 4.

Thanks. Obviously, I wasn't paying close attention. I'm rather enjoying this quest. Just plodding along refusing to stress over ridiculous drops has certainly increased my enjoyment of another quest which will result in me receiving more useless deco. Or not.

Cafferati1
03-19-17, 05:49 PM

I now have 189 lucky coin, 156 lucky dust and the horse, plus enough clover to finish the upgrade. I'm at 9 orange, 18 blue 29 red and 30 yellow. I've had no purple Wisps from 5 mine collections, and one green from every Ivy drop. River is at level 4 and I don't buy anything. I'm level 36 IOS. Don't know what is normal! 😂

ktorewqas
03-19-17, 05:54 PM
Task 8 is almost the same as task 7: brew 2 each potions, have 2 clovers (my auto checked so I guess it's 2), upgrade the river to lvl 5 (4 each potions, 4 cloves) reward is a bandit trap

Blanche_Lady
03-19-17, 06:49 PM
It's the prize for upgrading to level 4 and it looks like we get another one for upgrading to level 5 as well. (Not quite there yet, due to the green wisps roadblock)
I wish at least one of the prizes was a few of the actual clover or some of the more rare wisps instead. Lol

Thanks!!!!

MAC121980
03-19-17, 06:52 PM
How does anyone have a surplus of lucky coins?? I get about one per 4 FULL rock outcropping chopped....as in, one per 80 energy wasted :(

tan5314
03-19-17, 07:04 PM
It seems like lower level player have more lucky coins but cannot use them all because they have few golden nuggets. And just the opposite for higher levels.

tankerslacers
03-19-17, 07:32 PM
Final upgrade for lower level players:
Brew 6 of each potion
Ask 20 neighbors for lucky hats
Upgrade river to level 6 (requires 6 of each potion)
No clovers are needed

TerraRanomi
03-19-17, 07:45 PM
The best use of energy is chopping rocks. If I had limited energy, I would not collect from chickens and mushrooms because you'll get plenty of red and orange wisps from doing the adventure. The adventure does not always drop the rarer colors like green and violet, but it always drops multiples of red, orange and yellow. So chopping rocks gets you the necessary lucky gold coins to do the adventure. Plus you have a chance of spawning a skunk even though boars are more common.

You'll need 4 of each colored potion to upgrade the river to level 5.

Happy St. Patrick's Day and good luck to you all.

4 of each potion & 4 clovers. :)

rulerofjennyville
03-19-17, 07:52 PM
The best use of energy is chopping rocks. If I had limited energy, I would not collect from chickens and mushrooms because you'll get plenty of red and orange wisps from doing the adventure. The adventure does not always drop the rarer colors like green and violet, but it always drops multiples of red, orange and yellow. So chopping rocks gets you the necessary lucky gold coins to do the adventure. Plus you have a chance of spawning a skunk even though boars are more common.

You'll need 4 of each colored potion to upgrade the river to level 5.

Happy St. Patrick's Day and good luck to you all.

Do you have to do the adventure at all? I'm trying to save clovers to get both a horse and to use for the fairy and it seems like a waste of clovers.

Gaillock
03-19-17, 08:11 PM
After making the 6 for the goal, you only have to make 2 more to have the 8 for the upgrade. So 8 total. Which is still a lot compared to the other levels.

For question 1 - Thanks so much. What a relief!

tan5314
03-19-17, 08:34 PM
If you

It sounds so silly...
But it WORKS!

Thank you, ClubhouseCity, and thanks for the guy whose post I've missed.

P.S. I tried violet and red flowers. Got 2 wisps.

newzealander
03-19-17, 08:41 PM
I'm really really hoping that the next event has something exciting and easily repeated like.....oh......let's say.....chopping rocks or chopping trees, perhaps? Now THAT would be a fun event!!

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 08:44 PM
Brew 6 of each potion
No clovers are needed

Enough purple and orange wisps for 6 potions...waaaaaaah

I'm going to not upgrade to 5 until I have the resources for those 6 potions.

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 09:00 PM
I now have 210 lucky coins and 2 dust.

I have used 102 lucky dust so far.

The lucky dust return looks pretty good except those numbers are from the very start. My (unwanted) lucky coin bonanza didn't start until after using/collecting about 70 dust. Which means I get 4 dust per outcropping.

At this rate, I will need to chop 25 rock formations to finish. That should give me 600 more lucky coins. if I only had the 202 clovers and nuggets to use up the coins.;) :(

kattkrazie
03-19-17, 09:04 PM
4 of each potion & 4 clovers. :)

Oh my. So unlike me to leave out a step. I deserve 100 lashes with a green wisp. (I feel confident that will result in getting zero lashes.):rolleyes:

riverly
03-19-17, 09:20 PM
Enough purple and orange wisps for 6 potions...waaaaaaah

I'm going to not upgrade to 5 until I have the resources for those 6 potions.be careful with this strategy. That was my plan but now I'm way behind on my dust. This is quite the juggling act, especially with limited energy. From now on I'm going to use KatKrazie's tip and concentrate on rock chopping. And of course the mines and Ivy and we still need to fight bandits for clover.Whew!!!

HuckleTown
03-19-17, 09:37 PM
be careful with this strategy. That was my plan but now I'm way behind on my dust. This is quite the juggling act, especially with limited energy. From now on I'm going to use KatKrazie's tip and concentrate on rock chopping. And of course the mines and Ivy and we still need to fight bandits for clover.Whew!!!

That strategy includes the dust.

riverly
03-19-17, 09:50 PM
That strategy includes the dust.Thats good. I made the mistake of chopping trees too much today and neglected so much other stuff. I think I panicked when I saw how many yellow we needed and chopped too many trees. Hopefully I'll get back on track tomorrow. Still got days to go.

DrP4ever
03-19-17, 11:26 PM
I finally got my 20 gems back and now I'm done. Not even bothering with the rest. Is not do able without too much time invested and can't be done on WiFi only.

yummy_bistro
03-19-17, 11:28 PM
Same rock chopping triggered 4 dire boars! One after the other :(

zoroak
03-19-17, 11:42 PM
Do you have to do the adventure at all? I'm trying to save clovers to get both a horse and to use for the fairy and it seems like a waste of clovers.

The adventure is an optional side goal and it also helps with getting additional wisps. If you're on target to levelling up without extra wisps and happy to level up at your own pace till close to the end of the event, don't bother with the adventure. The clovers and nuggets are yours to hoard! ;)

RevdKathy
03-20-17, 12:17 AM
I sent out a couple of the adventures, and my lucky coins dried up. Not one for a third adventure. Then I sent my Knights out to do something else for 22 hours, and I've had 3 lucky coins in the last hour. I suspect the game is responding to what I don't want!

I am quietly building up a store of red/orange and blue/purple potions though, so I can just work on the green ones every twelve hours.

Zirilka
03-20-17, 02:33 AM
I caved in and I sent an adventure out to chase the rainbow and it returned with a green wisp. Oh my, I feel so relieved! It doesn't mean I will finish early, but perhaps I will be allowed to miss one collection from Ivy.

aurora171
03-20-17, 02:35 AM
I caved in and I sent an adventure out to chase the rainbow and it returned with a green wisp. Oh my, I feel so relieved! It doesn't mean I will finish early, but perhaps I will be allowed to miss one collection from Ivy.

I've just done the same thing, after cursing myself for using my precious clovers and coins! But getting a green wisp was more than worth it *sigh of relief*

tankerslacers
03-20-17, 03:10 AM
Level 6: 6 of each potion (the ones from level 5 will count towards your total for level 6) Is this right do you think if it's the same as high levels??

No, the potions from level 5 are used up when you level up, for level 6, you need to create 6 (starting at 0). Wish I had better news.

Sirelie
03-20-17, 03:38 AM
Level 6: 6 of each potion (the ones from level 5 will count towards your total for level 6) Is this right do you think if it's the same as high levels??

No, the potions from level 5 are used up when you level up, for level 6, you need to create 6 (starting at 0). Wish I had better news.

I do not understand... Potions made before suddenly in the last 6th level do not count? In previous levels were counted.

SpiritWind00
03-20-17, 03:50 AM
No, I was wondering about goals vs updating. Previously brewed items count as normal. :)

Thanks for the answer tankerslacers! Much appreciated.

Sirelie
03-20-17, 04:07 AM
No, I was wondering about goals vs updating. Previously brewed items count as normal. :)

Thanks for the answer tankerslacers! Much appreciated.

Thank you, I was scared :-)

I have Lucky Clydesdale (very nice animal, I like it!) and is now completing level 5. Rainbow River.
And I have 6 potions brewed beforehand, while I waiting for the green wisps of Ivy.
From 5 Castle adventures I have always orange, red and yellow whisp, and once one green.

Zirilka
03-20-17, 04:33 AM
I've just done the same thing, after cursing myself for using my precious clovers and coins! But getting a green wisp was more than worth it *sigh of relief*

*high five* at least something to keep us going through the levels

rulerofjennyville
03-20-17, 06:15 AM
I'm up to level 8 river and hoping that I might get both Clydesdale and fairy. This one does seem to be easier than the other 3 challenges - I don't know if they listened to us or it's that I'm on spring break and have time to click endlessly. In any case I at least feel cautiously optimistic that I will get both. Plus I've been winning endless gold nuggets from the rocks so I have bought two 5 gold trades for gems - enough for me to buy that trap which will give me back my 20 gems if I get the Clydesdale.

HuckleTown
03-20-17, 06:18 AM
Jenny: Doesn't the river only level up to 6 then you get the fairy?

I just am shocked at the complete difference in what items are dropping. I have gotten 2 gold nuggets from over 300 rock chops. My endless reward for chopping are useless lucky coins (over 230 now)

transberry
03-20-17, 07:12 AM

I just am shocked at the complete difference in what items are dropping. I have gotten 2 gold nuggets from over 300 rock chops. My endless reward for chopping are useless lucky coins (over 230 now)

Lucky you I've gotten 10 lucky coins total in over 80 rocks level 3 river, almost level 4

Ivy hasnt dropped a green wisp since yesterday morning

Been able to send 2 adventures only

ragga666
03-20-17, 07:35 AM
Tried the flower suggestion before harvesting the mine but still no luck for the purple wisp after 3 days. I am aiming for the clover leaves instead but they are few and far between so doubt if I'll even get the cyldesdale before the end. Can't get the spelbound dew either to complete Theatre Level 6. Everything I touch summons a Dire Beast consuming all my energy. I need 25 Wisp Lanterns. My gems keep disappearing which I can only presume is because I am inadvertently touching the speed up. Should I go on I ask myself.

PrincessCupOButter
03-20-17, 07:37 AM

Level 6 is the last level. (Maybe jennyville meant she's on part 8? :confused:)
I'm on part 9 and have all the potions I need for level 6, except the second one, due to waiting on the green wisps. I keep chopping rocks in hope of getting coins, so I can try for green wisps from adventures.
I sure wish we could trade materials. I have plenty of dust, but I have lost count of how many rocks I've chopped and I've gotten maybe 24 'lucky' coins total. (I've done 5 adventures, but three of the coins were a reward for completing a goal). At least I do get a nugget every once in a while, at least 5, since my inventory isn't going down from the adventures.

HiFi_home
03-20-17, 07:57 AM
Is there any suggestion for collecting purple wisp from mine? I haven't collected anything from my mines in 3 days. I have tried the "flower" tricks but there is still no luck. Thank you in advance!

judafarm
03-20-17, 08:37 AM
I just spent 60 energy for red wisp, but mushroom doesnt give anything :(

Have more people this problem??

butterball8509
03-20-17, 08:48 AM
I know I should know this, but what spawns skunkupines?

And where does the information reside? I looked in The Hub under Inventory Guides (among other places), but there was no listing for skunkupines

zoroak
03-20-17, 09:07 AM

And where does the information reside? I looked in The Hub under Inventory Guides (among other places), but there was no listing for skunkupines

Can't remember which trees but they do spawn from chopping trees and rocks as well (although you will also get dire boars). Skunkupines also spawn from flowers but you can also get them from crops like corn and wheat.

zoroak
03-20-17, 09:08 AM
I just spent 60 energy for red wisp, but mushroom doesnt give anything :(

Have more people this problem??
Only red mushroom circles work, not other mushrooms

jdgrozda
03-20-17, 09:33 AM
Is there any suggestion for collecting purple wisp from mine? I haven't collected anything from my mines in 3 days. I have tried the "flower" tricks but there is still no luck. Thank you in advance!

are you full on resources from the mine? maybe use some of your rocks/coal etc and see if that makes a difference when you collect! if you still don't get any today I would contact support.

Den8137259
03-20-17, 09:49 AM
Ivy hasn't dropped a green wisp since yesterday morning

Ivy has been dropping a green wisp consistently .. is "guaranteed" item from her hut .. as far as I know (: ★

Den8137259
03-20-17, 09:52 AM

// #Skunkupine - rock croppings, Wheat, Sugarcane, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, Certain Flowers, Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems) ★

HiFi_home
03-20-17, 09:57 AM
Thank you, I will try that. I have tried to contact support before but they immediately closed my request and said, "support does not answer gameplay questions or give gameplay hints". Please help!

Den8137259
03-20-17, 10:07 AM

I noticed the wisp would come when I'm maxed on mining stuff, similar as jdgrozda suggested (: ★ GL ★

PurpleScorpion76
03-20-17, 10:21 AM
Don't know if it's already been posted but I have some of the info for goal 8.

Brew Lucky Potion #1 (not sure how many as already ticked I'm assuming 2)
Brew Lucky Potion #2 x2
Brew Lucky Potion #3 (not sure how many as already ticked I'm assuming 2)
Find Clovers (not sure how many as already ticked)
Upgrade the Rainbow Rver to Level 5

Requirements to upgrade:
4 lucky potion #3
4 lucky potion #1
4 Clover
4 lucky potion #2

meme1098
03-20-17, 10:24 AM
See post #1.

HiFi_home
03-20-17, 10:38 AM
I noticed the wisp would come when I'm maxed on mining stuff, similar as jdgrozda suggested (: ★ GL ★

I'm maxed on rocks and coals, so should I go head and use them in order to get the purple wisp?

HiFi_home
03-20-17, 10:39 AM
are you full on resources from the mine? maybe use some of your rocks/coal etc and see if that makes a difference when you collect! if you still don't get any today I would contact support.

Yes I am full on rocks and mines.I will use some of them then hope for the best.
[removed support communication (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)] Please help!

MoonVillage3
03-20-17, 10:39 AM
Katt suggested a good tip that works for me in spawning skunkypines.. it's
tap 8/10 corn that you have planted.. then immediately keep tapping to chop an outcropping rock. usually you'll spawn a skunkupine before you've finished the rock.. hopefully?

EsmeW2
03-20-17, 11:07 AM
Yes I am full on rocks and mines.I will use some of them then hope for the best.
[removed support communication (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)] Please help!

I wonder if being maxed out is an issue. I've also drawn a blank from mines today, although it's been fine on other days at least on my Android game. All of the rock chopping to keep up with the need for lucky dust makes it hard to keep the numbers below the max - this event is good for the supply of resources to create swords and wisps for the future though!

And I have not harvested any crops for several days - I'm getting all of the skunkupines I need via the rock chopping. I wish I hadn't panicked and used up a couple of traps early on.

Further up on this thread I read that someone had not got a green wisp from Ivy. I also thought this was a guaranteed drop. Otherwise it's going to be difficult to finish. Don't think I'll make it anyway on my second game. I'm too far behind due to being delayed at the start because of not having any mermaid scales and there are so many green wisps still needed.

Also today I've done badly with the gold coins - always hopeful that the adventures will generate a green wisp, but they never seem to.

Edited to say: Just gave 15 silver to the greedy elves, forging two swords and making a royal block, a fancy block and an earth wisp - still got no purple wisp on the mine collection (6 times with no result now) so suspect it's not to do with everything being at the max.

judafarm
03-20-17, 11:34 AM
Ivy has been dropping a green wisp consistently .. is "guaranteed" item from her hut .. as far as I know (: ★

I have the same problem
Ivy not give everytime a green wisp.
Yesterday I collect 2 times from Ivy, but I did not received a wisp.
This day I collect one time till now and also then not a wisp...
So, Ivy not give all the time a green wisp!!!!!

Iboedigheimer
03-20-17, 11:44 AM
I think my somewhere over the rainbow has glitched. I have been getting lucky gold coins none stop and no lucky dust barely. I mean I have 143 gold lucky coins right now. Anyone else having this issue?

HuckleTown
03-20-17, 11:58 AM
I think my somewhere over the rainbow has glitched. I have been getting lucky gold coins none stop and no lucky dust barely. I mean I have 143 gold lucky coins right now. Anyone else having this issue?

There are a couple of us. I have almost 300 lucky coins and 17 lucky dust.

Also 2 purple wisps in 54 hours of mine collection (again set alarms through the night). I received the 2 on the first 2 times I tried the flower trick; nothing since.

S8 is definitely at work, has anyone heard anything?

EDIT: it's now been 57 hours with only 2 purple wisps

Iboedigheimer
03-20-17, 12:10 PM
There are a couple of us. I have almost 300 lucky and 17 lucky dust.

Also 2 purple wisps in 54 hours of mine collection (again set alarms through the night). I received the 2 on the first 2 times I tried the flower trick; nothing since.

S8 is definitely at work, has anyone heard anything?

Thx. I too have been having trouble getting the wisps from the mines. Like never. Well hopefully it will be fixed fast.

ShibuyaCloth
03-20-17, 12:19 PM
I have the same problem

Well she does I won't be able to finish this event. Just hot level 4, so 12 green Wisps to go. For the rest I am fine. Had issues with the purple but this is not an issue anymore. I have plenty of potion #3 in stock now.

HuckleTown
03-20-17, 12:55 PM
Well she does I won't be able to finish this event. Just hot level 4, so 12 green Wisps to go. For the rest I am fine. Had issues with the purple but this is not an issue anymore. I have plenty of potion #3 in stock now.

I truly don't understand how everyones' drop rates are so different. Shouldn't they be programmed in at a certain percentage? You've got people getting no coins, others getting more than 1 per chop, Shibuya with enough purple wisps to already have her potion 3's made, others haven't received a purple wisp in over 2 days. I'm sure there are more examples of this.

jbfps116
03-20-17, 12:56 PM
WHAT DOES the finished rainbow river DROP???

msmorg
03-20-17, 01:00 PM
I truly don't understand how everyones' drop rates are so different. Shouldn't they be programmed in at a certain percentage? You've got people getting no coins, others getting more than 1 per chop, Shibuya with enough purple wisps to already have her potion 3's made, others haven't received a purple wisp in over 2 days. I'm sure there are more examples of this.

In the beginning I got a few Lucky Coins, now the last 2 days using my energy to chop rocks, all I get is Boars and 1 Lucky Coin in 2 days

scavaig
03-20-17, 01:01 PM
Tried the flower suggestion before harvesting the mine but still no luck for the purple wisp after 3 days.

Tried the flower suggestion several times now and it has NEVER worked for me. Mind you I have not had a problem with the drop rate. For me it seems i don't get a wisp if I pick flowers first.

scavaig
03-20-17, 01:03 PM
I have the same problem

I always get a green wisp.

But........Only Had 10 lucky coins during the whole event though so far.

I don't understand the randomness of this game either. ;-)

HuckleTown
03-20-17, 01:37 PM
I posted in the Bug thread about the lucky coins. The issue has been resolved.

Can I use my lucky coins to purchase purple wisps please? (still non existent 57 hours and counting). even if I had gold nuggets and clovers to spare, I'd need 75 of each to use up my lucky coins.

I'd trade for lucky dust too as I still need 120. That's 30+ outcroppings at my current drop rate :|

Andro45
03-20-17, 01:53 PM
Brew 6 of each potion
No clovers are needed

Thank you. Looks like my lower level kingdom might make it...providing I'll get some more violet wisp. In my other kingdom it will be a lot harder, higher level and no alicorns or buildings that give energy.

Back to work :D

AinoDK
03-20-17, 02:07 PM
Well randomness and luck is part of the game, but I've never heard of such variations before!

For me the event is absolutely doable. The bottleneck is green wisps, but I expect to get one in about an hour, which (when brewed) will get the river to level 5. Then just 8 more. And clovers are also coming along nicely, I think I have 27 now.

I've been using Katt's strategy prioritizing the rocks (plus Ivy's hut and mines) which have also given sufficient blue wisps from skunks. Second priority has been trees and farms. Only rarely have I chased the red and orange wisps, which have dropped fairly easy.

Rocks have given me enough coins to go on 5 adventures, out of which 3 yielded a green wisp. And the rocks have also given a surplus of the nuggets. So far I've only spent 1 gem to hurry up Ivy before going to bed. I do have a number of alicorns though, and had time to play regularly during the weekend.

There are still many days left, so hang in there, even if luck hasn't come your way. I hope for the best for all of you trying

danzplace
03-20-17, 03:47 PM
Crops are not working for me with the skunkupines, but I am having luck with purple flowers. I have 14 out, and can usually get a skunkupine every other collection. Two a day is enough for me, as I used gemtraps early one, my choice.

Den8137259
03-20-17, 03:57 PM
WHAT DOES the finished rainbow river DROP???

★ the rainbow pond has been dropping coins all these while.. I am not optimistic of the maxed level that it will drop anything spectacular except coins :p ★

basil98
03-20-17, 04:18 PM
No purple wisps are being dropped for me. Is anyone else having the same problem? I'm getting really frustrated! Thanks!

candie1230
03-20-17, 04:27 PM
No purple wisps are being dropped for me. Is anyone else having the same problem? I'm getting really frustrated! Thanks!

I haven't seen a purple wisp in about two days, I'm also having trouble with all the other wisp. I went through 30 chickens without getting a single orange wisp. This randomness sucks. I wish storm8 would read our comments and fix the game!!!

TerraRanomi
03-20-17, 05:01 PM
★ the rainbow pond has been dropping coins all these while.. I am not optimistic of the maxed level that it will drop anything spectacular except coins :p ★

Unfinished buildings usually drop coins only. Hope it drops water and mermaid scales or something.

dragon2046
03-20-17, 05:09 PM
Unfinished buildings usually drop coins only. Hope it drops water and mermaid scales or something.

I'm finished and have only received coins from the rainbow pond. :/

janleigh
03-20-17, 05:38 PM
I'm having the same problem with Ivy's house please cs increase the drop rating or we just don't stand a chance

Me too I only get coins from the pond

jbfps116
03-20-17, 05:40 PM
guess it's not worth worrying about level 6

msmorg
03-20-17, 06:56 PM
I posted in the Bug thread about the lucky coins. The issue has been resolved.

Can I use my lucky coins to purchase purple wisps please? (still non existent 57 hours and counting). even if I had gold nuggets and clovers to spare, I'd need 75 of each to use up my lucky coins.

I'd trade for lucky dust too as I still need 120. That's 30+ outcroppings at my current drop rate :|

How has the issue of the lucky coin bug resolved? I've purchased and chopped rock after rock and get tons of boars but no skunkipines and only 2 Lucky coins all day... just not enough energy to do more ... then to see posts where players are getting hundreds of coins.

derekpizzaking
03-20-17, 07:06 PM
I don't know about everyone else but the drop rate for everything has been so extremely rare for me, I don't see any possible way to finish. Not only that but the spawn rate for the trolls from farmhouses are horrible. I can get a fang beast no problem. And personally I'm tired of chopping, harvesting, etc., mostly from stressing about time limited goals. It's too bad that almost every week it has to be a goal that's time sensitive. I miss the days when I could relax, take my time and complete a goal at my leisure. I absolutely hate rocks and trees and using all of my energy on stressful goals. Beginning to hate this game and I have been around since the early Valentines edition, also level 50. So please a break from the time sensitive goals and just let them tie into the story line so we all can complete them and enjoy it while we do it.

rulerofjennyville
03-20-17, 07:25 PM
I don't know about everyone else but the drop rate for everything has been so extremely rare for me, I don't see any possible way to finish. Not only that but the spawn rate for the trolls from farmhouses are horrible. I can get a fang beast no problem. And personally I'm tired of chopping, harvesting, etc., mostly from stressing about time limited goals. It's too bad that almost every week it has to be a goal that's time sensitive. I miss the days when I could relax, take my time and complete a goal at my leisure. I absolutely hate rocks and trees and using all of my energy on stressful goals. Beginning to hate this game and I have been around since the early Valentines edition, also level 50. So please a break from the time sensitive goals and just let them tie into the story line so we all can complete them and enjoy it while we do it.

My drop rate so far has been OK but if I have to have six potions each for the last step I think this will be #4 that's impossible to finish. And that is after having this week off of work and being able to tap endlessly.

mrsstrawberry62
03-20-17, 07:30 PM

Yes going back to where things tie into the story line would be great. I see no way to finish this game. To get the fairy you will spend a ton of gems. I've played for four years now and the weekly updates is not good anymore. We have absolutely no space for all these new decorations! I don't understand what has happened with this game.i miss the good ol days!

bss0226
03-20-17, 07:34 PM
Lucky leprechaun dropped lumin essence (yellow) for me

Meereen39
03-20-17, 08:08 PM
guess it's not worth worrying about level 6

I am seeing so many people panicking...its only a game after all...ythere is still time left .i like that its a challenge i only have one wizars school and one wedding ali..i sneek too the toilet every two hours lol to chop rocks and trees during day at work, and when home i concentrate on chickens and mushys...i don't think i will get the horse but i just might get the fairy.....my drops are dismal too i brought 250 energy on sale but not going too use until i have no choice...

cavegirl1
03-20-17, 08:12 PM

Another one here very happy to get a green wisp from an adventure. Makes it feel more achievable now, just with one extra 😀

nateryd
03-20-17, 08:20 PM
I just finished leveling up the rainbow river ... Am I the only who thinks it looks REALLY fuzzy?

kattkrazie
03-20-17, 08:48 PM
I just finished leveling up the rainbow river ... Am I the only who thinks it looks REALLY fuzzy?

I see what you mean. When I enlarge my screen, the resolution doesn't stay sharp. Everything else still looks fine, but the river doesn't. I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it.

newzealander
03-20-17, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure that it's doable for me - still need 4 green wisps to get to level 5, and I haven't been lucky enough to get any from adventures. This one is a toughie, but I'm hoping that S8 will pull something out of the hat for those of us that can't always get to our games on the hour, every time.

HuckleTown
03-20-17, 10:18 PM

I've now gone 66 hours with only 2 purple wisps.

I thought I'd finish but now I'm not sure. If purple wisps don't start showing up, I will have neglected the rest of my kingdom for no reason.

As to the lucky coin issue being "fixed", I meant that those of us getting coins every chop.

brigadoon365
03-20-17, 10:30 PM
I haven't seen a purple wisp in about two days, I'm also having trouble with all the other wisp. I went through 30 chickens without getting a single orange wisp. This randomness sucks. I wish storm8 would read our comments and fix the game!!!

Heck, I couldn't even remember where they were supposed to come from. Had to come double check to be sure I wasn't doing this wrong.

I really want the little elf girl but I sure am sick of spending money on rocks. My gold dust drops have really tapered off. And I only get a bandit about every 12-15 houses.

SpiritWind00
03-20-17, 10:50 PM
Post 1 updated with the level of games considered lower level for this event. It's 17-35. (Thanks Pika!)

coolssp
03-20-17, 11:01 PM
My lucky gold coin drop is abysmal :( Since the beginning, I've received only 14... and my river is level 4... I already missed one Ivy's hut collection which means I'll need to use gems to speed up and I'm traveling so, finishing the quest looks impossible

riverly
03-20-17, 11:05 PM
Did Ivy blow something up? Her face was smudged. I guess I'm not following the dialogue.
And yes the river is blurry to me too. I just set it next to my blurry cherry blossom tree.
I just realized I need 6 green wisps in 6 days. Not sure if I'll make it. ( without gemming). That's kinda a kick in the pants.

idrispad
03-21-17, 12:10 AM
How has the issue of the lucky coin bug resolved? I've purchased and chopped rock after rock and get tons of boars but no skunkipines and only 2 Lucky coins all day... just not enough energy to do more ... then to see posts where players are getting hundreds of coins.

That's what they mean by "fixed it" I think - everyone is getting the same dire rate now. A bit pointless given some players now have stocks of more lucky coins than they could ever need.

Willison85
03-21-17, 12:21 AM
Is there a newer version of the castle story game that I need to download? I have not received any luck coins and have only spawned three lucky bandits during the entire event. Any suggestions?

ShibuyaCloth
03-21-17, 01:31 AM
My lucky gold coin drop is abysmal :( Since the beginning, I've received only 14... and my river is level 4... I already missed one Ivy's hut collection which means I'll need to use gems to speed up and I'm traveling so, finishing the quest looks impossible

Same for me, 14 coins since the start. I had until last Sunday a serious purple wisp shortage, was in the last few day the opposite. Green is by far the critical one, potion #3 won't be an issue anymore :). Was lucky to get one from adv!

butterfly_25
03-21-17, 02:11 AM
Has the lucky coin drop been turned OFF?!? Feels like it for me!! Feels like something is wrong. This is day 3 of not getting a single one! I had to buy 3 coins just to get an adventure done. All I've done since is mainly chop rocks and NO coins are showing up!

Jennerwein1
03-21-17, 02:30 AM
I'm not sure that it's doable for me - still need 4 green wisps to get to level 5, and I haven't been lucky enough to get any from adventures. This one is a toughie, but I'm hoping that S8 will pull something out of the hat for those of us that can't always get to our games on the hour, every time.
You know they will : A special pack with green wisps for $ 14.99 ! I have gone on 2 adventures with zero green wisps. With as hard as the (un)lucky coins are to get, there should be green wisps returned with every adventure.

scavaig
03-21-17, 03:43 AM
I just realized I need 6 green wisps in 6 days. Not sure if I'll make it. ( without gemming). That's kinda a kick in the pants.

Same here. I need 6 green. Fast reply from neighbours for hats - thank you all so much :-)

However I have had a drop of a green wisp everytime I have collected from Ivy's hut. Therefore should be able to collected 12 in 6 days - so should be doable.

If the hut stops dropping green wisp a I'm screwed. I won't spend gems.

SpiritWind00
03-21-17, 03:43 AM
I really wish the gold coin rate was higher too. Two of my daily alicorns dropped 100 each tonight so I had about 250 energy and I predominantly chopped rocks. Got 1 gold coin.... I'd definitely go on more adventures if the drop rate was higher. Happy there's still plenty of time left. ;)

Cafferati1
03-21-17, 04:28 AM
I was lucky enough to get loads of coins, clover and dust, but struggling to get enough purple wisps. I have the horse, but all he has dropped is horse manure. 

PrincessCelestian
03-21-17, 04:50 AM
Overall I am enjoying this event more than the recent ones and MUCH more than the leaderboard events. It has been fairly stress free for me and has included doing multiple things around my kingdom besides just chopping rocks which is great because I am maxed on EVERYTHING you can make with stones. I didn't find that chopping rocks for gold coins and doing adventures was a good strategy for me. My drop rate was very low and it took many more chops to get the coins to do the adventures than it was worth for the wisps. I did do three of four adventures but not tons. I focused on tending a lot of mushrooms and chickens and growing trees. The wisp drop rates from there were much more advantageous for me. I haven't focused at all on the clovers except the ones I need for the upgrade. I have had a monster on my board for the duration to decrease other monsters spawning. I was fortunate enough to have a load of skunkupine traps in my inventory that I have been hoarding for the elusive monster hunts. So I used those for blue wisps. I calculated how many I needed for each potion and just focused on that while I have been waiting on green wisps. I have had to gem speed ivy a little when I would be going to sleep but only by 2 gems or so and not every time. Now that I have the amount of potions 1 and 3 that I need for the next two levels, I am focusing on collecting the amount of yellow wisps from trees and dust from rocks now that I will need for the remaining potion 2 and am now starting to collect more clovers for the Clydesdale when I have extra energy. I do have to caveat this with the fact that I have a lot of daily Ali's so energy isn't a huge issue to me. I actually built up an Ali army for this purpose. So just another strategy for you guys out there, especially those of you that aren't having a good gold coin drop rate. I really don't think they are necessary. We have 7 days left which is 14 green wisps which is more than I need at the moment. I need 10 so it's totally doable. And I think I can probably manage two Clydesdales too with all of my farmhouses out and regular checking. Especially since the monster drops a cloverleaf every time.

HuckleTown
03-21-17, 05:00 AM
I was lucky enough to get loads of coins, clover and dust, but struggling to get enough purple wisps. I have the horse, but all he has dropped is horse manure. ��

Can everyone who hasn't seen purple wisps please post in the bugs thread? I am now at 3 days (72 hours) with only 2 wisps. There has to be a problem.

Cafferati1
03-21-17, 05:20 AM
Can everyone who hasn't seen purple wisps please post in the bugs thread? I am now at 3 days (72 hours) with only 2 wisps. There has to be a problem.
I'm getting them, but very very rarely

Zirilka
03-21-17, 06:34 AM
I upgraded to level 5 just now. The amount needed for the final upgrade looks daunting but the only thing it requires is patience. I should be able to get the fairy-elf even though I have no chance of logging in tomorrow b/c real life gets in the way. Who knows, I even might get the horse in the end (even though it is kind of ugly and I will most definitely keep it in the darkest corner of my storage).

ktorewqas
03-21-17, 06:45 AM
I need 8 green wisps to get to lvl 6. I guess s8 is teaching us about "patience" lol

ClubhouseCity
03-21-17, 06:52 AM
The Flower mine collection no longer works. I had 90 Skunkupine traps leftovers from bundle purchases , used 10, but got 4 skunkupines for last level. I park a monster while I collect enough Lucky Dusts for each new level then slay the monster. This can conserve energy not wasted. Then collect items and make potions. Then try to get the unlikely bandits and collect the clovers . Did 3 adventures but the clovers hard to come by. My Ivy Hut drops every time.7

HuckleTown
03-21-17, 07:06 AM
The Flower mine collection no longer works. I had 90 Skunkupine traps leftovers from bundle purchases , used 10, but got 4 skunkupines for last level. I park a monster while I collect enough Lucky Dusts for each new level then slay the monster. This can conserve energy not wasted. Then collect items and make potions. Then try to get the unlikely bandits and collect the clovers . Did 3 adventures but the clovers hard to come by. My Ivy Hut drops every time.7

Are beasts not guaranteed with traps? I was counting on my two lucky bandit traps to get close to the horse.

mikepastry
03-21-17, 07:17 AM
Why is the difference in potion requirement for higher and lower level players? The collection resources are the same, the timer on these resources is the same, yet the number of potions required to upgrade the river is different. For example, to upgrade the river to level 5, it will take me at least 2 day longer than the lower level player, because I need 4 green potions, while a lower level player only 2. To do the final uprage, the same thing, it will take me 2 days more. If Ivy's hut collection time is 12 hours, no matter what level you are, then why are higher level players required to produce more potions for the upgrades? This is not fair at all!!!

katbtodd
03-21-17, 07:24 AM
Does anybody know, what the rainbow river going to drop, I'm thinking just coin, if so in my inventory it goes , all this hard work and noplace to keep it just for coins ... We just store them

dfmomcat
03-21-17, 07:51 AM
Does anybody know, what the rainbow river going to drop, I'm thinking just coin, if so in my inventory it goes , all this hard work and noplace to keep it just for coins ... We just store them

Usually these special items will only drop coins until the event is over. Let's wait another week to see what happens.😺

Andro45
03-21-17, 07:58 AM
I just saw I got only 6 violet wisps in my lower level kingdom since the beginning, 10 in my higher level kingdom...A rare drop, you might say. In my low level kingdom I will need 7 more to finish, in my high level kingdom 11. Haven't seen one today. The flower-mine thingy doesn't work for me, so I won't be doing that any more. The Search for the end of the rainbow doesn't give much and I'm not getting any gold nuggets, so that is not worth it.

After my last post I got 4 violet wisps at one collection. Must have been the power of the post. Hoping for more power :)

Edit: no violet wisp, but I got a golden nugget...

ClubhouseCity
03-21-17, 08:00 AM
Are beasts not guaranteed with traps? I was counting on my two lucky bandit traps to get close to the horse.

I got the reward trap for level 4. I don't know for the unlikely bandit. He will drop only one clover. I have nothing saved for Clydesdale. I couldn't do the last event side option. Unless I want it I will not do it. Leaderboard yes but GEMS!! The traps can't work correctly if there is a monster on your game board.

meme1098
03-21-17, 08:22 AM

Usually these special items will only drop coins until the event is over. Let's wait another week to see what happens.

In all the last few timed events of this type the building we've been working ourselves to death on to fully upgrade drops nothing but coins.. It really ought to drop water, fish & scales once the event is over since it does have a river, blurry or not. I'm betting it'll be just like all the others & drop nothing but coins so another item I worked my hmmmm off to finish & get nothing out of.

HuckleTown
03-21-17, 08:36 AM
After my last post I got 4 violet wisps at one collection. Must have been the power of the post. Hoping for more power :)

Edit: no violet wisp, but I got a golden nugget...

No power of the post for me :(. Another collection another no wisp.

HiFi_home
03-21-17, 09:21 AM

I am sitting here with many other wisps (yes, even green wisp!) but no purple wisps in 3 days. I can do NOTHING to upgrade my river without purple wisp. I know we have plenty of time left, but time is not really matter if my mines and adventures refuse to drop purple wisps.

S8 team, please help me to fix this issue!