PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard cooperation

dipwid
03-13-17, 08:49 PM
Post your id here if you are willing to work with other players in future leaderboard events to try and coordinate and work out ties between all participants. Consider my id posted. As far as I know this is a playing style choice, purely voluntary and not against any rules.

dragon2046
03-14-17, 01:15 AM
I'm in. I hate the competitiveness of leaderboard events. Would much rather work together to all get the goal. That's what CS use to be about. :)

Bette3900
03-14-17, 02:12 AM
I'm in, too.

comeseecomesah
03-14-17, 02:53 AM
This in theory would be ideal but people on our leaderboards are random and a lot of people don't visit forum therefore we would have to contact everyone on our leaderboards to ask them if they want to do this. Am I missing something? We could make the idea more known about tho.

Edit.. I just remembered... in this leaderboard I made some points then checked the board and mine were exactly the same amount as another yet I was placed in 2nd place and the other was in 3rd place. Really it should have shown both of us tied in 2nd. Maybe it would be different once the event finished. We'll have to hunt for someone who has been tied at the end and find out what happened.

rulerofjennyville
03-14-17, 03:19 AM
I'd do it too.

Den8137259
03-14-17, 04:05 AM
★ yes for me (: ★

One suggestion is to post on our walls for the cooperation pact ★

ladyperidot
03-14-17, 04:18 AM
I'd do it too.

Me too. I only played to 3000 this last event to get Ostara

FrostyFinn
03-14-17, 06:21 AM
I am in too

smtpx
03-14-17, 08:27 AM
I am in

olcastle
03-14-17, 11:23 AM
I just remembered... in this leaderboard I made some points then checked the board and mine were exactly the same amount as another yet I was placed in 2nd place and the other was in 3rd place. Really it should have shown both of us tied in 2nd. Maybe it would be different once the event finished. We'll have to hunt for someone who has been tied at the end and find out what happened.

Maybe you had half a point more.

PurpleScorpion76
03-14-17, 01:03 PM
This in theory would be ideal but people on our leaderboards are random and a lot of people don't visit forum therefore we would have to contact everyone on our leaderboards to ask them if they want to do this. Am I missing something? We could make the idea more known about tho.

Edit.. I just remembered... in this leaderboard I made some points then checked the board and mine were exactly the same amount as another yet I was placed in 2nd place and the other was in 3rd place. Really it should have shown both of us tied in 2nd. Maybe it would be different once the event finished. We'll have to hunt for someone who has been tied at the end and find out what happened.

4 of us tied for 7th. Know one has complained they didn't get the relevant prizes. One thing though it's our kingdom name that gets put on the leaderboard not our ID.

I'M IN!

xtinem070672
03-14-17, 03:10 PM
Maybe if we get enough cooperation going on amongst players S8 will stop doing LB events. One can hope.

aurora171
03-14-17, 03:55 PM
I'm in!

FrostedThings
03-14-17, 04:58 PM
I'm in! My kingdom is called Nottingham. :)

rembetiko
03-14-17, 05:11 PM
Post your id here if you are willing to work with other players in future leaderboard events to try and coordinate and work out ties between all participants. Consider my id posted. As far as I know this is a playing style choice, purely voluntary and not against any rules.
But how do you want to cooperate with specific players? Every account is automatically (randomly chosen) tied to 19 other accounts of similar levels, so every participant will at least have the chance to get the number-20-reward. If your account is tied to other players who do not take part in this leadership event but you do, you will be able to reach the 1st prize very easy. If the other participants in your 20-accounts-slot all try to get the 1st prize it will be hard for all. Please note that there are (total number of storm8 accounts)/20 1st prizes, 2nd prizes etc.

You could only contact the other players in your slot once the event has started and try to convince them to work together instead of against each other.

ktorewqas
03-14-17, 07:20 PM
I do not think the players in the same group are your neighbors. If someone in my group suggests this, I will agree happily lol

TerraRanomi
03-14-17, 08:45 PM
I do not think the players in the same group are your neighbors. If someone in my group suggests this, I will agree happily lol

Me too. I don't mind sharing ranks. Just want, or rather need:o, to collect every different animal/creature. I was thinking, coordinating would be so much easier if there was like an in-game chatbox so you can directly communicate with your group.

Clark_Wayne
03-14-17, 09:36 PM
if you see me in your group, you can count on me in ;)
my kingdom is "Camelot" ;)
(but i rarely go to the top in CS )

MoonVillage3
03-15-17, 04:41 AM
But how do you want to cooperate with specific players? Every account is automatically (randomly chosen) tied to 19 other accounts of similar levels, so every participant will at least have the chance to get the number-20-reward. If your account is tied to other players who do not take part in this leadership event but you do, you will be able to reach the 1st prize very easy. If the other participants in your 20-accounts-slot all try to get the 1st prize it will be hard for all. Please note that there are (total number of storm8 accounts)/20 1st prizes, 2nd prizes etc.

You could only contact the other players in your slot once the event has started and try to convince them to work together instead of against each other.

My experience here was a 'no answer' from anyone. Seemed walls were abandoned judging by the dates written on them, but kingdoms were crafting. Only one player we had contact.. but was already my nbr. So it's not always possible to have contact members of the LB group. It would certainly be a fun game all staying together for the same prize and admire who was able to do so. I did think maybe there was a language problem, but, not possible all 18 members would have. So.. everything depends on the individuals.. some play their own game.. not sharing posts, nor walls.. in silence.

rembetiko
03-15-17, 08:29 AM
You are right. I have more than one account and can verify this. The groups are randomly chosen by the system. Members may be neighbours or not.

katbtodd
03-16-17, 01:45 AM
This would be great , I'm in too.

rembetiko
03-16-17, 08:25 AM
My experience here was a 'no answer' from anyone. Seemed walls were abandoned judging by the dates written on them, but kingdoms were crafting. Only one player we had contact.. but was already my nbr. So it's not always possible to have contact members of the LB group. It would certainly be a fun game all staying together for the same prize and admire who was able to do so. I did think maybe there was a language problem, but, not possible all 18 members would have. So.. everything depends on the individuals.. some play their own game.. not sharing posts, nor walls.. in silence.

Actually, I don't read my walls very often either.... guilty. :rolleyes: Reasons are, I have more than one kingdom and also play other games (plus, have a life outside the S8 universe). And, to see the wall, it takes 3 touches since it is somehow buried deep inside the menu.

There is no single reliable sign if a kingdom is abandoned, not even a high social rating. I used to have a kingdom which I cannot access any more for at least three years (no password set and got a new smartphone) and it still has a social rating of three hearts. And I usually delete messages on my wall after reading them, so an empty wall does not indicate an abandoned kingdom either. S8 should really display the date of last access on every kingdom.

littelprincess0313
03-16-17, 09:02 AM
Im in

peath80
03-16-17, 11:39 AM
Actually, I don't read my walls very often either.... guilty. :rolleyes: Reasons are, I have more than one kingdom and also play other games (plus, have a life outside the S8 universe). And, to see the wall, it takes 3 touches since it is somehow buried deep inside the menu.

There is no single reliable sign if a kingdom is abandoned, not even a high social rating. I used to have a kingdom which I cannot access any more for at least three years (no password set and got a new smartphone) and it still has a social rating of three hearts. And I usually delete messages on my wall after reading them, so an empty wall does not indicate an abandoned kingdom either. S8 should really display the date of last access on every kingdom.

Usually I look for new items from recent quests around kingdoms. Sometimes if after a while, nothing has changed that's how you can get a sign that they slowed and or stopped playing

PrincessCupOButter
03-16-17, 12:05 PM
Usually I look for new items from recent quests around kingdoms. Sometimes if after a while, nothing has changed that's how you can get a sign that they slowed and or stopped playing

Unless they play like I do and store most of the new stuff that is coin/deco only, or huge footprints with common drops. I really do wish there was a sure way to tell. I tend to check walls. If there are recent posts saying things like "thanks for the gift or help" I figure they're active. If there are a bunch of "are you still playing" or really old posts, that often means they are inactive.

As for the next inevitable leaderboard, IF I participate at all, I am definitely willing to cooperate and play as a group.

maxiandtaz
03-19-17, 09:16 AM
Hi I would be very willing to cooperate in the leaderboard events my I'd is maxiandtaz and the name of my kingdom is autumnville

PrincessCelestian
03-25-17, 08:15 AM
I'm in. I don't like the new leaderboards much at all.

cyndora
03-25-17, 09:00 AM
i am also in with this leaderboard plan.

kingdom name is cyndora.

BufftonHeights
03-28-17, 07:06 AM
I'm hoping we don't have another leaderboard event this week. But, if and when we do, count BufftonHeights in. I also played just to hit 3000 last time, and surprisingly ended up in 13th place. It ended up being a no stress event after the first one where I drove myself crazy to get about 12,000 points and only ended up in 7th place.

kinetikos
03-28-17, 11:49 AM
I'm in.

ladyperidot
03-28-17, 04:23 PM
I'm hoping we don't have another leaderboard event this week. But, if and when we do, count BufftonHeights in. I also played just to hit 3000 last time, and surprisingly ended up in 13th place. It ended up being a no stress event after the first one where I drove myself crazy to get about 12,000 points and only ended up in 7th place.

I'd be in too. I'm ladyperidot and my queendom is vervain. I played last time just to get the 3000 points

katbtodd
03-30-17, 12:44 PM
I'm in too my kingdom is Meeka Manor

MiniLaura
03-30-17, 01:36 PM
I'd cooperate if there were a way to do it. If there isn't a way, I won't play Castle Story at all during LB events.

I hated the first event, and I didn't even open the game during the second event.

riverly
03-30-17, 02:00 PM
If there is communication amongst my LB I will agree to 3000 points only. If there is no communication or collaboration I may choose to not participate at all if the goal prize is another fairy. I don't want or need another fairy. So it all depends on what the goal prizes are.

katbtodd
03-30-17, 02:32 PM
So far the goals are not worth the effort , horse drop reg horse thing and the dragon wood and yellow flower petal