View Full Version : Latest Update - Likes and Dislikes

Unregistered
03-13-11, 04:26 PM
Here are my thoughts on this latest update:

- Bonuses for visiting neighbors
- Yellow and white roses
- Stars to let you know where you watered
- Ability to readily purchase expansion without having to go through the Store
- Chest animals can no longer be watered (thank you!!)

DISLIKES:
- Screen is jumpy
- Havesting and replanting is now painfully slow
- The requirement to spend gems (for fertilizer) on certain achievements (Corn-A-Copia)
- When entire farm is fertilized, trees stay forever ripe and animals and forever ready (trees more apt to be watered before crops because ripe, and animals always have that ugly yellow exclamation above them)
- The missed gems on tree mastery (shows I already achieved rank 2 on all but my coconut trees, so missed out on rank 2 gem award)
- Graphics are vastly different on some crops, namely sunflowers (now ugly) and rice (no longer blue water which messes with many designs)
- No explanation of changes
- Still no option to delete or no expiration on Invitees that never responded
- Having to double check when watering other farms to make sure my drops took the first time
- All girl gnomes versus all boy gnomes before (need to mix it up)

I've only had update since last night, so I'm sure there's more. This is just what I can think of right now.

Mel19
03-13-11, 05:41 PM
Thank you for that. I was wondering whether to update or not, and you have convinced me to hold of for as long as I can.

DoubleZ
03-13-11, 07:11 PM
I'd also like to add that there's something about the new graphics that is stressing my eyes. So, on top of pronounced decrease in speed, I'm bordering on a headache. I sadly don't see myself being able to continue playing if something isn't changed.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 09:34 AM
When I updated FS, it merely stated that it was for bug fixes and to address stability issues. Instead we now appear to have the Valentine version, which I have been avoiding up until now. Now I have no choice.

I don't mind the bonuses for visiting neighbours but can manage without it, and it can slow down a few quick watering visits. I don't like the tasks and the expansion arrows, they just clutter up my screen. And the fertilising task appears to be a way of getting unsuspecting users to dispense with their hard earned gems, assuming you don't buy them. I'd like to have an option to remove these.

I like to design my farm with lots of water, so losing the watery rice is a big thumbs down. PLEASE REINSTATE THE WET RICE FIELDS!

I haven't noticed any significant slowing down of performance...yet!! I would like to see the ability to remove unanswered neighbour invites.

I would also like to see more new items in the store that can be purchased with coins, and we are definately overdue some different gifts.

Apart from that its OK ;-)

Unregistered
03-14-11, 11:11 AM
Agree with above posts. Want wet rice!!!! Want to be able to delete invitees who have not responded

kooky panda
03-14-11, 11:14 AM
Also please give us NEW CROPS ...

Unregistered
03-14-11, 11:32 AM
I think the reason it has a jumpy screen and performs tasks slower is because of all the **** on the screen. It's only jumpy when I'm on my farm. The missions need to be on the menu or something instead of cluttering up the screen. I too would like to see the ugly arrows removed and have the ability to remove the missions I never plan on achieving. Not giving up my gems for fertilizer!!

Unregistered
03-14-11, 12:26 PM
When harvesting or plowing, activity ceases when I visit the Store. With previous version, it would continue to harvest or plow the plots I'd chosen, thereby saving a lot of time. Now, I have to exit the game every time before shopping.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 12:33 PM
I do not like the new updated version. How do I get it off??

Andrze
03-14-11, 06:57 PM
I really don't like the tasks and jumpy screen. Please modify if possible. And it would be a good idea to masterize animals as well.

Id: andrze

Unregistered
03-14-11, 08:01 PM

Agree with all the other posts, I have to repeatedly reharvest...I'm getting no where. Anyone know how to fix this mess or go back without losing my farm and info?

Unregistered
03-15-11, 08:54 AM

You can't...

Unregistered
03-15-11, 09:11 AM
Apparently, chest animals can still be watered! Coming from someone who likes to monitor her farm, this is VERY frustrating, especially with all the watering issues going on right now. I've once again put away my rabbit so visitors aren't tempted to water just him, not leave a message, and make it appear they watered crops.

ATTN FARMERS: Watering chest animals offers zero benefit to the farm being watered, yet your name shows up on their news feed. If you insist on taking the extra time to water animals, please have the common courtesy to take a few more seconds and mention that fact on their wall!

Unregistered
03-15-11, 11:06 AM
harvesting is a nightmare and it is sooooooooo sloooooowwwwww

Unregistered
03-15-11, 03:11 PM
FS was really slow on my I phone after upgrading. I shut down my phone and restarted it and my speed issue improved noticeably. Hope this helps.

IU Golfer

Unregistered
03-15-11, 03:30 PM
FS was really slow on my I phone after upgrading. I shut down my phone and restarted it and my speed issue improved noticeably. Hope this helps.

Restarting my Ipod did not help in any way. This update is <censored>, but Team Lava does not care about.
Did anyone see any answer of them to all the complaints of the last days? I did not.
Neither Norman nor Savoy whatever did post a word about.

Gerie
03-16-11, 07:35 AM
I dont like the update!!!! I m playing on a Iphone. Ive reached level 49 but on my small screen are now 3 icons where I 've to do tasks like buying a chair, carrots, an appletree etc. But why should I buy those things at my level!
I've tried to play one free, but now there's immediatly another. Team Lava: why isn't there a difference between just starting people and long time players? Why should I buy stuff I've allready bought a longtime ago?
And what's the use of the big yellow expansion arrows? Are you afraid I'll forget about them?
I would like to undo the update: is it possible?

thanhtung_31190
03-16-11, 07:47 AM
I don't like
Configure a new version farmstory too high compared to the old version and VietNam has a lot of people play this game... Thousands.... Why not have the national flag of VietNam period
...I hope there will be vietnam's flag period in the future. Because so many people play this game, thanks so muck!*

thanhtung_31190
03-16-11, 07:49 AM
My iphone 3G IOS 4.1

Unregistered
03-17-11, 06:05 PM
I am not happy with the update. It is so laggy for me that I cant enjoy playing anymore. I had the same problem with the Valentine version and just deleted it. not happy that my everyday version is now so slow. I am not sure I can keep playing.

Please bring back the rice the way it used to be. It was my favorite crop and looked so pretty.

I wish we had gotten some new crops and animals instead of the other changes. Also we still need a way to delete invites that have not been accepted for weeks on end.

Unregistered
03-18-11, 09:27 AM

I did not like the update either and found this online and it worked like a charm!

"this depends on a few things. did you download the app update on the touch or the computer?
if it's on the computer, check the trash for a copy of the app. then drag the app into iTunes. iTunes will ask if you wanna replace the existing app, and that your app is older than the one you have in the library already. say yes or ok or whatever it wants. if the touch already has the updated app, delete it and re-sync to iTunes. if it doesn't, just sync as usual.
if you downloaded the update on the touch only, just delete the app, and re-sync to iTunes without updating the app."

Jodie

Unregistered
03-19-11, 11:34 PM
I don't want to even want to play this game anymore. Way too slow now with the update. I hate how the stars fall when watering crops. As if I don't have enough to tap already. I hate the expansion arrows around the farm. PLEASE let us remove invites to other users that don't accept or reject. Please change it back.

Unregistered
03-20-11, 05:50 PM
I really enjoyed the game and I was just getting ready to donate money by purchasing a lot of gems. But not now. This update blows. It's time to switch to Farmville.

Unregistered
03-21-11, 07:01 AM
I was really wondering about the developper-comment of this update-version...

Performance-Update....

This is a way to kick all members out of this really funny and nice game...
Maybe, you want to stop your support, but the easiest way is, just make your intention public and not bringing updates in this way....
I'm just really near by deleting this game from my iPhone....

So, TeamLava... Bring a downgrade to the previous version as an Update very quickly or you will loose your big playing community!! Bring the performance back to that it was before....

I know, this game is for free!!!
I just want to let you know, that your idea and the game is really wonderful... But with this update, it's not really playable and you will loose a lot of gamers when no changes will occur!!

kooky panda
03-21-11, 12:15 PM
I agree about the animals. I keep animals that can be water out, so If I am full, my nbrs have something to do.-- I also like to water animals when a nbr is full. I always post
watered animals only . I also only water animals, if there are no crops or trees to water. Hopefully everyone else will do the same.
Happy gaming.