PDA

View Full Version : Help gold runes!

Tigereyez00
03-12-17, 07:46 AM
I have yet to get any gold runes. Only bronze and silver. Does anyone know how or when gold runes come out? Thank you.

rulerofjennyville
03-12-17, 08:38 AM
I got a few at first but am now only getting bronze. They are a rare drop.

PrincessCupOButter
03-12-17, 12:20 PM
Sadly no one knows. The gold runes are so rare they almost seem non-existent to many players. They are also very random. In other words, giving a rare drop (i.e. gold nuggets) will not guarantee a payment of gold runes. Check out The elves thread for more info, and player comments.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves-new-expansion-plot-Elven-Outpost-Runes

Tigereyez00
03-12-17, 12:29 PM
Sadly no one knows. The gold runes are so rare they almost seem non-existent to many players. They are also very random. In other words, giving a rare drop (i.e. gold nuggets) will not guarantee a payment of gold runes. Check out The elves thread for more info, and player comments.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves-new-expansion-plot-Elven-Outpost-Runes

So when trading in goods in the elven outpost it only gives me bronze and sometimes silver never gold. But to get certain things u need the gold runes. There's nothing in the trading that they will give you the gold runes?

PrincessCupOButter
03-12-17, 12:41 PM
So when trading in goods in the elven outpost it only gives me bronze and sometimes silver never gold. But to get certain things u need the gold runes. There's nothing in the trading that they will give you the gold runes?

Unfortunately no. There is no trade that will guarantee getting gold runes. It is totally random.
I have had the outpost since it was opened up, I think a little over 6 months ago or so, and I've gotten exactly 11 gold runes total. I have done a lot of trades and made many many boosts and still have over 1200 bronze, over 200 silver and 1 gold after crafting my rainbow ali.

rulerofjennyville
03-12-17, 02:26 PM
Only give what you can afford to give is what people are saying. If it asks for 40 gold nuggets just skip that trade - you could give it and still only get bronze. What you give has no bearing on what you get back. I got 4 gold runes off a trade of very common things like wood. I also find if you wait and don't trade with the elves when you eventually start again they at least give you silver.

Tigereyez00
03-13-17, 07:45 AM
Makes sense. Thanks all. Yeah I've seen trades of things that are kind of important and I traded them and still only got bronze thinking if they are these particular items they should give gold. Good to know it doesn't matter. I will only give what I can and not trade the important things.

Tigereyez00
03-13-17, 07:46 AM
Another note I've had it since it first became available and have 0 gold and I did waste a lot of good items.

laughingpaperfox
03-13-17, 05:33 PM
I haven't traded for a long time. The items they asked for were easy or I had 99 of them, so I turned the whole thing in and got 2 gold runes. Maybe waiting is the trick?

SpiritWind00
03-13-17, 07:03 PM
Given original answer now given, I'm closing this thread as it has now become the same as the main discussion thread. Please continue discussions there :)