PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Leaderboard - The Spring Faire! 6 day event | EXPIRED

Pages : 1 [2]

8pry8
03-12-17, 11:27 AM
Hello together

I'm playing this leaderboard events more or less only for the goals in between and I would definitely not buy gems (I anyway don't buy gems as long there is no conformation button for gem use) ..

My biggest problem with all this events is my energy .. I have only two not yet fully upgraded wizard schools, but no allies or anything else .. that's why I have a question: are there some possibilities to get allies or other energy sources?

I went through different threads and the hub but as far as I could see, there are all some goals from expired events and not longer achievable .. is that right? or did I miss something?

And then I also checked dragons and saw that they also gives energy (what could be a point to put more effort in this event) .. but is energy from dragons a rare drop or a common one?

And last but not least ... I just get the eleven outpost some days before .. as far as I could see there is no way to check for what the trade is for .. or could I see somewhere which runes and how much I will get for the deliveries? Sometimes they want really a lot of special stuff and in return they gave me 9 bronze runes .. what a rubbish!

thanks a lot

SuvaWF
03-12-17, 11:35 AM
Ellie - I like your post and it is similar to how I approach games. I played at the top end of a MMO and have had to quit them. That game had become a second job, but one I paid to have.

I spent gems to get 1st in the first LB event and was very disappointed with the horse. I told myself I wouldn't do that this time and just do regular play. It ****ed something inside me to be sitting in the middle of that leader board though. My competitive nature took hold and I jumped up to 1st yesterday. Then overnight 2 others jumped past me. There are 4 of us obviously spending gems and it will likely come down to who chops trees the fastest as the event ends tomorrow. It's sad for whichever of us don't get those 2 top spots.

PrincessCupOButter
03-12-17, 12:08 PM
Hello together

I'm playing this leaderboard events more or less only for the goals in between and I would definitely not buy gems (I anyway don't buy gems as long there is no conformation button for gem use) ..

My biggest problem with all this events is my energy .. I have only two not yet fully upgraded wizard schools, but no allies or anything else .. that's why I have a question: are there some possibilities to get allies or other energy sources?

I went through different threads and the hub but as far as I could see, there are all some goals from expired events and not longer achievable .. is that right? or did I miss something?

And then I also checked dragons and saw that they also gives energy (what could be a point to put more effort in this event) .. but is energy from dragons a rare drop or a common one?

And last but not least ... I just get the eleven outpost some days before .. as far as I could see there is no way to check for what the trade is for .. or could I see somewhere which runes and how much I will get for the deliveries? Sometimes they want really a lot of special stuff and in return they gave me 9 bronze runes .. what a rubbish!

thanks a lot

The only way to get extra sources of energy are to purchase alicorns with gems (watch for sales) and hope they start updating the barons tent again. Occasionally they put a daily alicorn in there. If you have the trade wagon and the mythic research center, there are 2 different daily Ali's that can be crafted there, for a total of 4 all together. (1 glimmer/purple and 4 armored) but that is dependent on if we EVER have anymore monster hunts, as they require troll tokens.

The dragons drop energy only very occasionally, and I've never gotten more than 5 energy from a dragon. Of course we don't know yet what this dragon will drop.

Sir pigglesworth has the possibility to drop energy (very rare, but I collect from him often in case) and the alicolts will occasionally drop 5 energy if you have any of those.(they're from limited quests too)

As for the greedy elves, there's a thread devoted to them. As of now, they will not tell you what you're getting as payment until after you fill their requests (in other words, too late to make an informed decision) and gold runes are the rarest of the rare payments. My advice it to just not trade anything that isn't easily or quickly replaceable.

ktorewqas
03-12-17, 12:30 PM
I stopped at 3011 points. I have my satyr, let the chips fall where they may. I'm currently in third place, but I don't expect to stay there. Honestly, I don't care. The trade tickets are a joke...it would take less time and effort to earn them by doing normal play, like collecting milk and eggs. I'm fairly certain this is my last LB event. It wasn't fun and depleted my resources, but I didn't spend a single gem. Ha, take that Storm8!!! Now I'm free to go back to normal play, hooray!

I got the same point & I stopped there too. I was 7th, not sure now lol

8pry8
03-12-17, 12:57 PM
The only way to get extra sources of energy are to purchase alicorns with gems (watch for sales) and hope they start updating the barons tent again. Occasionally they put a daily alicorn in there. If you have the trade wagon and the mythic research center, there are 2 different daily Ali's that can be crafted there, for a total of 4 all together. (1 glimmer/purple and 4 armored) but that is dependent on if we EVER have anymore monster hunts, as they require troll tokens.

The dragons drop energy only very occasionally, and I've never gotten more than 5 energy from a dragon. Of course we don't know yet what this dragon will drop.

Sir pigglesworth has the possibility to drop energy (very rare, but I collect from him often in case) and the alicolts will occasionally drop 5 energy if you have any of those.(they're from limited quests too)

As for the greedy elves, there's a thread devoted to them. As of now, they will not tell you what you're getting as payment until after you fill their requests (in other words, too late to make an informed decision) and gold runes are the rarest of the rare payments. My advice it to just not trade anything that isn't easily or quickly replaceable.

Thanks a lot for this detailed info!!
I read about the mythic research center .. and as I understand it, the mythic research center has first to be crafted from the trade wagon, but my trade wagon, hasn't this option (I could only craft a cooking camp, a second gabbage hut (I wished, I had enough gems for the first one :) ) and lorelei's sapphire) .. so I guess the mythic research center was also from an event and not achievable any longer :(

.. at the moment the barons tent is not really an option, because I'm still saving my gems for the gabbage hut ..

And yeah .. I guess I would not longer trade special sources with the elves .. I hoped that rarer sources brings more luck for gold runes .. but since now, I get even from really worthy trades only bronze runes. Whereas I get once from a trade with more or less easy stuff 2 gold runes. So it seems the runes are totally random and not linked with the worth from the delivery.

Edit: I just saw that there is a rainbow alicorn to buy in the rune market, needs 10 gold runes, which I don't have, but anyway, does somebody know if this also drops energy?
(I didn't find the rainbow alicorn in the hub .. only that the rainbow pot drops sometimes energy and on the backside of the rainbow alicorn is wirtten 'if you're lucky, it might have a Rainbow Pot for you' .. but does it only drops energy over the rare chance of the pot or also regularly?

scavaig
03-12-17, 01:48 PM
Somehow I have a very uncompetitive group. The members of the group have not changed from the start but there is a distinct lack of competition.

The top score is now 2000 ( I guess they could have reached that score just by playing the game normally given there is one day and a few hours left) and I am still 19th with a score of zero.

So... It's hard for me to tell what's actually going on but to me it seems to me at the very least my group players are not interested in LB events.

Nobody in my group seems to particularly want the satyr or really bothered to come first

Me too.... I just want the story line back.

rulerofjennyville
03-12-17, 02:13 PM
Meh, I was second and now I'm fifth. I don't care. I won't get that satre or whatever it is either. I'm sick of contests I can't compete in without reasonable effort and no gems.

Zirilka
03-12-17, 02:42 PM
@Ellie

If you ever have a fan club, I'm in.

TwinklingSkies
03-12-17, 02:50 PM
I'm first but my group also is very uncompetitive. I didn't participate in the last LG challenge and only got like 2 points overall last time. I'm only participating now because I've never had a dragon. But, if they do this again I don't think I'll participate. Even if the prize is an alicorn, I like the wizard schools way better than the alicorn.

UnkelFester
03-12-17, 02:57 PM
My group is also uncompetitive, no one is racing ahead, and several of us are constantly swapping over in the top 3 places.

I was the first player to break through the 1500 point mark just now, and got a 25 energy crate from the mystery chest :) (whoo-hooo - just what I wanted!)

RileyBug624
03-12-17, 03:14 PM
Well, I broke 3000 points and got the little satyr. People in my group are crazy! The top 3 have 6000 to 7000 points. I have drained a lot of my assets and am not playing anymore. I only get points now when I slay a beast.

GarnetJ
03-12-17, 04:58 PM
Well, I broke 3000 points and got the little satyr. People in my group are crazy! The top 3 have 6000 to 7000 points. I have drained a lot of my assets and am not playing anymore. I only get points now when I slay a beast.

The top 3 in my grouping are currently at 45,030 / 35,966 / 25,377. No joke. Craziness.

I'm glad I stopped at 3,000.

cavegirl1
03-12-17, 05:19 PM
The top 3 in my grouping are currently at 45,030 / 35,966 / 25,377. No joke. Craziness.

Picking my jaw up off the floor ...

In my group, only 5 have got over 3000 and top person has only 4300. There are a few in the 2000s who may do a last minute run to get the final prize but looks like most don't really care.

I am happily in 19th place :).

olcastle
03-12-17, 05:24 PM

Someone's heart will be broken tomorrow.

cavegirl1
03-12-17, 05:26 PM
Somehow I have a very uncompetitive group. The members of the group have not changed from the start but there is a distinct lack of competition.

The top score is now 2000 ( I guess they could have reached that score just by playing the game normally given there is one day and a few hours left) and I am still 19th with a score of zero.

So... It's hard for me to tell what's actually going on but to me it seems to me at the very least my group players are not interested in LB events.

Nobody in my group seems to particularly want the satyr or really bothered to come first

Me too.... I just want the story line back.

Note that in the first post it says you don't get any prize with zero points, so maybe consider slaying one monster before the end just to get something for not participating :)

PrincessCupOButter
03-12-17, 06:25 PM
Thanks a lot for this detailed info!!
I read about the mythic research center .. and as I understand it, the mythic research center has first to be crafted from the trade wagon, but my trade wagon, hasn't this option (I could only craft a cooking camp, a second gabbage hut (I wished, I had enough gems for the first one :) ) and lorelei's sapphire) .. so I guess the mythic research center was also from an event and not achievable any longer :(

.. at the moment the barons tent is not really an option, because I'm still saving my gems for the gabbage hut ..

And yeah .. I guess I would not longer trade special sources with the elves .. I hoped that rarer sources brings more luck for gold runes .. but since now, I get even from really worthy trades only bronze runes. Whereas I get once from a trade with more or less easy stuff 2 gold runes. So it seems the runes are totally random and not linked with the worth from the delivery.

Edit: I just saw that there is a rainbow alicorn to buy in the rune market, needs 10 gold runes, which I don't have, but anyway, does somebody know if this also drops energy?
(I didn't find the rainbow alicorn in the hub .. only that the rainbow pot drops sometimes energy and on the backside of the rainbow alicorn is wirtten 'if you're lucky, it might have a Rainbow Pot for you' .. but does it only drops energy over the rare chance of the pot or also regularly?

Rainbow Ali's drop some energy once per day. The rainbow pots are a rare drop.

Back on topic: I just dropped to 4th place (whew!), and it looks like the race to the top is heating up a bit in my group. Even so, the top players are all still under 4K, so hopefully it won't turn into a huge gem bloodbath. I really hope we've seen the last of these type events. (Not holding my breath though, :( but if not forever then I hope there won't be another one for a very long while.)

riverly
03-12-17, 07:02 PM
Got Ostara. She looks like she could go on tour with Riverdance.

nateryd
03-12-17, 08:17 PM
Got Ostara. She looks like she could go on tour with Riverdance.

LOL!!! Dying!!! She does have a little jig thing going on! Haha

riverly
03-12-17, 08:54 PM
Aye lassie!! Nothing like a
lil Irish jig to get ya goin for St Patty's Day. Let's go to the tavern for some green ale. Aye?

I guess to stay on topic I should say that as of right now I'm in 3 rd place. No bloodbath in my group. I'm not even sure anyone's trying any longer. Scores have not changed much today.

PurpleScorpion76
03-12-17, 11:38 PM
Ok so now one on the leaderboard has seriously skipped ahead to 1st. Now negotiating if all can get to what is now 2nd. Lol. Oh the woes of virtual gaming. Lol. Guessing either leader doesn't care or hasn't checked messages. Lol.

PurpleScorpion76
03-12-17, 11:59 PM

Yeah we're definitely not doing that. I stopped at just over 3200 let the others join me in 2nd. The other that has just surpassed 1st has jumped 4000 points in 6 hours and still going they were close to the bottom of the board. So either been stashing deliveries and used the boosts or just gemmed up who knows. I don't think any of the others in our little group were going to gem up at least two weren't. But we'll see if things change.

Once you make that move you can't return. It's the third gemmer that makes me think they have too much money to waste. Who would start buying when you've got two other serious competitors in the group?

dragoniakingdom
03-13-17, 12:37 AM
Players who pay 2 win will always "win" these events. Also if you are unfortunate enough to be put into a group that has more than one gemming their way to the top it does leave you with a bitter taste.

Yes,you can try to get some type of agreement within the group,but again getting 20 people to agree & it only takes 1 to ignore/not read their messages & the gem race is back on again!

I hope that S8 realize that while they may make short term monetary gains with these events it serves also to discourage others from even starting LB events in the future & may even make many leave the game.....food for thought.

scavaig
03-13-17, 01:39 AM
No change in my group ... And nobody seems to be trying to win.... Nice!

No one has even got to 3000 points yet ( top score 2300)

Think I will finish on zero points ( 19th place ) and see if I do get a trade ticket anyway ;-)

katbtodd
03-13-17, 02:29 AM
I'm sorry to say, I have been playing Castle since the beginning when it was so fun and you loved your neighbors ..very friendly game, I do not like these leader board ,it brings the ugly out in people, and as I see it ,if this is the way the game is heading ,,, thinking a lot of us are done,this is NOT CASTLE!!!!!!!

8pry8
03-13-17, 03:21 AM
Rainbow Ali's drop some energy once per day. The rainbow pots are a rare drop.

Thank you! Then I know for what I save my rare gold runes ;)

My group is also not really competitive .. 1st has 3'503 (more or less the same amount since two days .. second is now by 2'995 and third by 2'048 .. I'm at the moment at place 17th, but perhaps I'll buy one boost today (with my free gems) to get Ostara

CelineKats
03-13-17, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by GarnetJ View Post

Wow, astonishing figures. Most expensive animal on the market is the Ali and with a discount cost about 20 euro’s a piece. They can probably buy 10 Ali’s for the money they have spent. No animal is worth that amount of money. It’s exactly these numbers that makes LB’s such a success for S8 and LB’s will stay permanently whatever we feel or protest about it. I truly thought I was nuts myself for having more than 7000 points (yep, gem abuse) and “fighting” for the top spot. I wish I was in a group like this, then I wouldn’t had spent that much. It’s my competitive nature that took the best of me (and it’s for that reason I only play CS to avoid things like this, grrrr) , but deep inside my heart I know that it isn’t worth it, so I hope next time I am in a giant gem spending group :-). Makes my life so much easier.

zoroak
03-13-17, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by GarnetJ View Post

Wow, astonishing figures. Most expensive animal on the market is the Ali and with a discount cost about 20 euro?s a piece. They can probably buy 10 Ali?s for the money they have spent. No animal is worth that amount of money. It?s exactly these numbers that makes LB?s such a success for S8 and LB?s will stay permanently whatever we feel or protest about it. I truly thought I was nuts myself for having more than 7000 points (yep, gem abuse) and ?fighting? for the top spot. I wish I was in a group like this, then I wouldn?t had spent that much. It?s my competitive nature that took the best of me (and it?s for that reason I only play CS to avoid things like this, grrrr) , but deep inside my heart I know that it isn?t worth it, so I hope next time I am in a giant gem spending group :-). Makes my life so much easier.

Good grief, 45K and not even the final score! I would definitely feel awful having spent so much to get 25K or more and end up 3rd!

My LB group is not as bad but still competitive especially at the top. 14/20 are already over 3K and 13 of those over 3K have scores that are still climbing. There is someone on the top 3 who is buying trees everyday and chopping them as their energy fills up. Top score over 14K. On my part, I've not bought cherry blossom trees or the circle, just used the knight's nobility boosts when sending off deliveries. No mad spending just using earned gems.

PrincessCelestian
03-13-17, 06:51 AM
Good grief, 45K and not even the final score! I would definitely feel awful having spent so much to get 25K or more and end up 3rd!

My LB group is not as bad but still competitive especially at the top. 14/20 are already over 3K and 13 of those over 3K have scores that are still climbing. There is someone on the top 3 who is buying trees everyday and chopping them as their energy fills up. Top score over 14K. On my part, I've not bought cherry blossom trees or the circle, just used the knight's nobility boosts when sending off deliveries. No mad spending just using earned gems.

After the last LB dabacle where I spent God only knows how many gems and depleted myself of elven boosts only to get a dressed up horse that drops what all of the other horses do, I took a much different approach to this one. I gave myself a gem budget, which I am actually 4 gems under and then played strategically. I am in 2nd in my group with just over 10k. I am not even attempting first. And if I don't get 1st or 2nd, I am okay with that. These are the first events on castle story where I really don't care all that much if I win. I'll allocate the resources that I can and then go from there. But I am not going to break the bank to achieve a dragon that probably only drops scales which I am always maxed on anyway. I do really wish that you could change the orders though and not with gems S8 just with waiting a certain amount of time like in bakery story 2. Wait 10 minutes, get a new to go order. I am sitting on tons of amulets and fur satchels that I can't use.

drepanum
03-13-17, 09:15 AM
I have no problem playing all my other internet games. I hard closed this twice and have no chance in competing since the game keeps crashing. Oh well...been playing for about 6 years but this is getting ridiculous.

x_xEva
03-13-17, 09:20 AM
I have got the two cherry blossom trees but it won't let me chop them!? Please help.

SuvaWF
03-13-17, 09:22 AM
I'm having the same issue and can't chop trees.

SuvaWF
03-13-17, 09:29 AM
The Serene Circle is also deactivated. Did someone turn the event off early?

TerraRanomi
03-13-17, 09:42 AM
I'm so low on Living Wood, it's not even funny anymore.

Ostara also drops strawberries btw, besides the items on the card.

mayennalee
03-13-17, 09:51 AM
I just focused on getting Ostara. Living wood was the problem for me and the usual 'middle of the game resource drop stop/slow down'

I did spend some gems in the last hours - its my bedtime when the clock hits 12hrs to go - as a speed up for crafting.

I am way down in my pack. My group has gone a bit crazy this time with the top 2 on over 30,000 points each.

I actually quite liked this LB event as I didnt care about winning. I just played for the prizes up to and including to Ostara.

kooky panda
03-13-17, 09:53 AM
I have got the two cherry blossom trees but it won't let me chop them!? Please help.

I'm having the same issue and can't chop trees.

The Serene Circle is also deactivated. Did someone turn the event off early?
I have reported this over. Please continue any discussions on the bug thread

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97870-Leader-board-event

Edit- This issue has now been fixed!

GarnetJ
03-13-17, 10:10 AM

It's been rather amusing watching the race to the finish within my group. The top 3 are now 60,615 / 48,374 / 46,185. And there are still almost 6 hours to go!

I am at #17 with my 3,036 points. I was hoping to stay within the Rank 7-12 group so that I could get the 25 energy box, but I will gladly settle for the 10 energy box.

meme1098
03-13-17, 10:56 AM
It's been rather amusing watching the race to the finish within my group. The top 3 are now 60,615 / 48,374 / 46,185. And there are still almost 6 hours to go!

I am at #17 with my 3,036 points. I was hoping to stay within the Rank 7-12 group so that I could get the 25 energy box, but I will gladly settle for the 10 energy box.

Wow!!! That's the bloodbath group for sure. 60,000 points??? Somebody has a real problem there.
I'm in the 4-6 group where everyone's around 3300. Let's see what happens in the next few hours

GarnetJ
03-13-17, 11:19 AM
Wow!!! That's the bloodbath group for sure. 60,000 points??? Somebody has a real problem there.
I'm in the 4-6 group where everyone's around 3300. Let's see what happens in the next few hours

I know! That is why I was so glad that I didn't make a run for it early on - especially once I realized that I was depleting my living wood and glimmerdust inventory. It made it much more enjoyable just trying to work towards completing the goals and getting Ostara. It looks like the person in 4th place stopped at 18,000, which is wise. I would rather get 4th place than 3rd place, since the energy crates are more valuable to me than the expansion permits.

flowerqueen007
03-13-17, 11:22 AM

Funny in this thread the posters seem to be laughing at the players spending gems but in the other events when gem spenders give you the heads up you are all grateful, strange isnt it.

HuckleTown
03-13-17, 11:37 AM
Funny in this thread the posters seem to be laughing at the players spending gems but in the other events when gem spenders give you the heads up you are all grateful, strange isnt it.

I think they are being laughed at because there seem to be so many using gems that won't get the big prize. In the other events anyone with the time (and, lately, gems) can obtain the prize.

kattkrazie
03-13-17, 11:39 AM
This type of event does bring out the worst in players. I decided that 2nd place was good enough since I only wanted the dragon, not a gold trophy and certainly not trade tickets. So I secured a comfortable 2nd place lead with 15,000 points. But apparently I spooked the first place player who had 24,000 points. So she spent last night getting up to 74,000 points which was certainly over**** considering I had stopped at 15,000 and 3rd place was sitting on 2,100. I fear leaderboards are here to stay but I don't enjoy them at all. It's a little too cut-throat for my taste. But money speaks louder than forum posters and I'm guessing the money pours in for these events.

ladyperidot
03-13-17, 11:43 AM

That is one crazy group! I'm in 12th in my group with 3095, first and second are between 4500-5000. Just not worth it. I have plenty of other dragons and two eggs rattling around in storage in my knights can ever remember what the burning ember looked like. They are a little slow, keep bringing me benches instead!

scavaig
03-13-17, 11:57 AM
I think my group has gone on holiday.

Top 2700 - nobody has even reached the satyr. Bottom me and number 20th on zero points.

No bloodbath here .... Yet ;-)

Zirilka
03-13-17, 12:22 PM
I fear leaderboards are here to stay but I don't enjoy them at all. It's a little too cut-throat for my taste. But money speaks louder than forum posters and I'm guessing the money pours in for these events.

I just wonder how sustainable this income will be. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice and call this a leaderboard event. This strategy might a reverse effect pretty soon. Especially when one considers the community spirit of castle story. I am far from claiming to be a representative player, but I used to spend much more on CS.

aurora171
03-13-17, 12:39 PM
I just wonder how sustainable this income will be. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice and call this a leaderboard event. This strategy might a reverse effect pretty soon. Especially when one considers the community spirit of castle story. I am far from claiming to be a representative player, but I used to spend much more on CS.

Ditto, I've honestly been less inclined to spend on CS of late, which is a shame because I do really love the game! Or perhaps, more aptly, I love the community and the spirit that goes with it and the friends I've made along the way. But wow, the LB events are turning it into a brutal and cutthroat medieval type of a game!

kattkrazie
03-13-17, 12:46 PM

I read an article that said Storm8 was the first on-line gaming company to do $1,000,000 in sales in one day. Of course, that was for all of their games, but I suddenly felt like a minnow in a very large ocean. The article also discussed the short-term competitive goals being hugely successful. I think some people are hard-wired to be in first place, no matter the cost. Thousands of players buy gems to play for their own satisfaction and never look at the forum. Again, we're just minnows...

FrostedThings
03-13-17, 12:57 PM
Just got a gift from the Baron... FIVE cherry blossom trees! :D

UnkelFester
03-13-17, 12:57 PM
The Baron has just given us all 5 cherry trees. Free. For Nothing. Maybe not a lot of players have enough points for the Satyr. No one in my group above 2000 points yet....

zoroak
03-13-17, 01:08 PM
Nothing for me, baron does not like me...

jimville99
03-13-17, 01:09 PM
Really? What do you have to do?
The Baron has just given us all 5 cherry trees. Free. For Nothing. Maybe not a lot of players have enough points for the Satyr. No one in my group above 2000 points yet....

meme1098
03-13-17, 01:17 PM
Nothing for me, baron does not like me...

None here either! Hmmmm.

kattkrazie
03-13-17, 01:28 PM
None here either! Hmmmm.

No cherry trees for me. I wonder if it's just for the players who don't have the satyr?

HuckleTown
03-13-17, 01:30 PM
No trees (and no satyr) for me.

TerraRanomi
03-13-17, 01:44 PM
Got the 5 trees as well. Don't know what triggered it. I was tending some poppies when a dialogue with the Baron popped up. A force close might work?

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
03-13-17, 01:50 PM
Already have the Satyr and got the 5 trees. My Satyr was only 2300 so I'm on the medium version.

Solientus
03-13-17, 01:53 PM
No cherry trees for me. I wonder if it's just for the players who don't have the satyr?
I have the little girl Satyr already (level 50) just force closed my game and the tree gift popped along with dialogue about half an hour ago. Android.
Really I was just seeing if they fixed the Serenity Circle thing.

ktorewqas
03-13-17, 02:11 PM
No trees here either. Hum...

kattkrazie
03-13-17, 02:17 PM
I have the little girl Satyr already (level 50) just force closed my game and the tree gift popped along with dialogue about half an hour ago. Android.
Really I was just seeing if they fixed the Serenity Circle thing.

Thanks. I'll try that. Maybe they're just pushing them out by region and we'll all have them by close of business.

PurpleScorpion76
03-13-17, 02:26 PM
Nope, no cherry trees for me either! Hardly fair! Not that it really matters right now!

idrispad
03-13-17, 02:27 PM
No trees here either.

ladyperidot
03-13-17, 02:32 PM
No trees here either.

None for me either

riverly
03-13-17, 02:37 PM
No trees for me either and my LB hasn't changed. But if it suddenly does I will be very suspicious. I think we need an explanation.

PurpleScorpion76
03-13-17, 02:38 PM
No trees for me either and my LB hasn't changed. But if it suddenly does I will be very suspicious. I think we need an explanation.

I agree.

bj2500
03-13-17, 02:41 PM
Do we know if the trees are going to all kingdoms. no trees here.

riverly
03-13-17, 02:45 PM
Do we know if the trees are going to all kingdoms. no trees here.we don't know why it's happening to some and not with others. A mystery.

idrispad
03-13-17, 02:49 PM

That's a good point - the only amount of points that's changed on my LB is my own

redlorry
03-13-17, 02:51 PM
My theory with the trees. My lower level kingdom got them, but not my higher (even though neither had the top prize) the annoying thing is I don't have the energy to chop the ones I got.... can I send them to my other kingdom, ha ha?

azriX2012
03-13-17, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone! Emergency question! If two players have the same score (2nd place in this case), will both of them win the 2nd prize, including the freakin beautiful dragon?

FrostedThings
03-13-17, 03:07 PM
I'm level 50 playing on Android and have the satyr girl. I was in the middle of planting hot peppers when the dialogue with Baron popped up.

He said he has a donation to the kingdom, no strings attached. I accepted it and got the 5 trees.

MoonVillage3
03-13-17, 03:07 PM
@ azriX2012
they should as they are both at the same exact level in the rank page and position.. it's to see if S8 accepts, but difficult to see which one to choose if they don't.
no one has confirmed this possibility yet.

idrispad
03-13-17, 03:09 PM
Still no gift of trees

midninghtcm
03-13-17, 03:20 PM
Well I'm proud of myself. Just a smidge. I really need those trade tickets and getting some prizes along the way is always a bonus for me. I didn't expect the cherry trees but got them. I've been stacking up all the special items and then got myself a boost. I was at 400 and climbed to 3.3k in about 15min. I don't really wanna beat anyone, it was more a theory test, and to get the end prizes. The trade tickets are a really big deal for me. I'm level 50 but don't have a lot of energy resources so I don't always get to collect everything I need to boost my trade exchange and I'm at the point of my kindgom bursting and all my expansions requiring 3 or more expansion tickets.

It seems S8 does listen to our complaints. They were really generous with the trees which in my books is pretty sweet. Although I notice some people are glitching on it, I hope it gets fixed.

Goodluck everyone!

Darnoel123
03-13-17, 03:24 PM
Leaderboard stinks. It just makes me feel left out and annoyed because there are prizes that only go to the top two leaders.

MoonVillage3
03-13-17, 03:28 PM
I'm level 50 playing on Android and have the satyr girl. I was in the middle of planting hot peppers when the dialogue with Baron popped up.

He said he has a donation to the kingdom, no strings attached. I accepted it and got the 5 trees.
it would be interesting to know on what 'random'? choice only some kingdoms were chosen?
the Baron has not passed here either.
5 trees are quite alot.. that's 100gems worth!

dragon2046
03-13-17, 03:31 PM
My leaderboard has not been changing except for me ?? And I didn't get any free trees? What's up with that S8? :/

Edit: leaderboard just changed I guess they are last minute players. Lol :p

idrispad
03-13-17, 03:32 PM
it would be interesting to know on what 'random'? choice only some kingdoms were chosen?

And with 20 chops giving 4 points a piece, that's a lot of points.

meme1098
03-13-17, 03:34 PM

My leaderboard has not been changing except for me ?? And I didn't get any free trees? What's up with that S8? :/

And with 20 chops giving 4 points a piece, that's a lot of points.

This event is getting more & more inequitable.

scavaig
03-13-17, 03:35 PM
It seems S8 does listen to our complaints. They were really generous with the trees which in my books is pretty sweet. Although I notice some people are glitching on it, I hope it gets fixed.

Goodluck everyone!

Well.....

I did not get any trees ... But as I have zero points I am not surprised.

However, I am surprised there has been no further scoring on my leaderboard. The scores have not changed for sometime... I guess no one on my board got trees.

30 minutes to go and nobody has over 3000 points .

A ery odd event.

Made even odder by some people getting trees .....and some not

Monstergirl39
03-13-17, 03:40 PM
The blood bath has be*** fun watcing peeps scores going up

riverly
03-13-17, 03:41 PM
I think what I'm seeing now on my LB are the players who plan on a last minute push. My rank is going down a bit. I should have expected this, but I didn't think to plan for that. But I think I'll still get a 25 energy crate. I hope.

I think it will come down to who had the most energy.

caron7
03-13-17, 03:48 PM
This event is getting more & more inequitable.

wow! i got passed over on that one, too. i think boosts need to be distributed to all. especially if some of us are using gems to try to win. just, wow! i can't believe S8 managed to make this event more onerous.

edit: i read back that people got trees on Android, so i closed app on the ipad and opened it on Android and the baron popped right up. too late now, but was it an Android vs. ios situation? and if so, WHY? i want my carefully hoarded energy crates back!! (and, yes, i force closed my app on ios multiple times hoping for the trees....)

PurpleScorpion76
03-13-17, 03:52 PM
I have to say I've loved today. If nothing changes our little group will come in 6th joint with 4 of us in that position. Even though there was a weird panic moment at lunch. It seemed everyone was online jostling for positions and at that point all our group were all awake. So messages were flying back and forth, a few of us got carried away and accidentally went a bit too far. But we came back and fell in line with our position it was in second, we've moved down the board but by early evening all but one of us stayed put. I didn't mind we still have to play the way we want to. At one point it was so exciting seeing all of us attempting to achieve what didn't quite work. But still i've never had more conversations with neighbours than I have these last few days. This may be inherently a competition and not something most of us want but boy did I get a good community vibe from it.

tigarlilyvol
03-13-17, 04:05 PM
While waiting for finish time I saw an update that gets rid of Valentine pink screen. Glad this finally OVER.

scavaig
03-13-17, 04:06 PM
Well... That was strange.

None of the scores changed over the last day at all and the top score was 2700

I am not sure I know what has just happened.

So.... Nobody got the satyr. nobody really even seemed to try or care.

And I am on ios ... No visit from the baron.

All I can say is ... That was just weird.

GlvtenFree
03-13-17, 04:07 PM
well is took a TON of coordination but we pulled it off and 4 of us tied for second... would have been first but a last minute bottom of the board passed us haha

PinkPiggie1230
03-13-17, 04:07 PM
Deleted

clumz
03-13-17, 04:08 PM
Yeah. And I came in second and nothing in my inventory either.

idrispad
03-13-17, 04:09 PM
I don't get it - why does it say "checkbacksoon for rank results"? Are the ranks shown not the results??

brigadoon365
03-13-17, 04:11 PM
Nope, no cherry trees for me either! Hardly fair! Not that it really matters right now!

I was fine with this event until now. This whole some got trees and some didn't thing is so unfair. Someone on my leaderboard went from nowhere to first in the last half an hour of the game. I'm betting they got the trees.

I did finish second. I really wanted the dragon. Had a couple of trees, bought the boost and one more tree. Irritating that some got five of them for free.

So, when are the prizes released? My message says check back soon.

Monstergirl39
03-13-17, 04:12 PM
How do we get the prizes!!?? I came in first but I have not received my dragon or anything...

You get it in few hours, last time i got my horse the next day be patient ☺

alalumie08
03-13-17, 04:13 PM
I was first too and haven't gotten anything

linmii
03-13-17, 04:16 PM
At 7:04 I opened my rankings and was in 2nd place. I noticed the "Stay tuned message..." at the bottom of the chart. At 7:07 I looked again and I suddenly saw another player jump ahead of me and I moved down to 3rd place. This player obviously was past the ending time and earned points after the end of the quest! This is completely unfair! 😡 The chart should not be updating after the deadline ends!

princesslamanda
03-13-17, 04:16 PM
So I'm a bit peeved at the moment. Bought a cherry tree earlier and was unable to chop it down because someone changed it to a decoration before the event ended. Then for the last 15-20 minutes of the event the game kept going in and out so I was unable to use the energy I had purchased so I could cut down the trees from the Baron, as well as the one I bought earlier. Missed out on cutting 1 tree down and just missed 1st place by 40 points. What a load of garbage! I want my gems back!!!

riverly
03-13-17, 04:17 PM
well is took a TON of coordination but we pulled it off and 4 of us tied for second... would have been first but a last minute bottom of the board passed us hahathat is neat! When you posted that I thought "that's not gonna happen". Well done.

PurpleScorpion76
03-13-17, 04:18 PM

I must admit I would find that type of leaderboard unnerving I'd probably dream that I would wake up to find I'd be dreaming and that, that was the dream only to open my game to find that it was in fact real!

judyvines
03-13-17, 04:20 PM
I was fine with this event until now. This whole some got trees and some didn't thing is so unfair. Someone on my leaderboard went from nowhere to first in the last half an hour of the game. I'm betting they got the trees.

I did finish second. I really wanted the dragon. Had a couple of trees, bought the boost and one more tree. Irritating that some got five of them for free.

So, when are the prizes released? My message says check back soon.

I had exactly the same thing happen. I was in first place all day. Someone who got a free gift of five trees finished ahead of me at the very end. I have been playing this game since the beginning, but I have become very disillusioned lately. Unless they get back to the main storyline, my playing days may be over.

PurpleScorpion76
03-13-17, 04:20 PM
well is took a TON of coordination but we pulled it off and 4 of us tied for second... would have been first but a last minute bottom of the board passed us haha

Well done! 4 of us made 7th. But I got the trade tickets. Yay!

clumz
03-13-17, 04:21 PM
What I did. Is stockpiled as many resources I could. Bought one boost, and got double the points in the end. Strategies seem to come in handy sometimes for these

ileeas
03-13-17, 04:23 PM
Well, I finished in 13th place, not bad for expecting to get in last. My game kept kicking me out, even after turning off my iPad and logging back in. Seemed really hard to get anything that I needed to be able to get points. So many items took too long to make in the workshops plus having to find them by picking flowers and chopping trees. I didn't think it was fair that the Poppy shrub wouldn't drop the dried flowers. I did try to get the 3000 to get the last prize but was unable to barely get past 2000.

PurpleScorpion76
03-13-17, 04:24 PM
At 7:04 I opened my rankings and was in 2nd place. I noticed the "Stay tuned message..." at the bottom of the chart. At 7:07 I looked again and I suddenly saw another player jump ahead of me and I moved down to 3rd place. This player obviously was past the ending time and earned points after the end of the quest! This is completely unfair! �� The chart should not be updating after the deadline ends!

My rankings changed too, but I think it boils down to the s8 servers updating not to anyone being able to play after the timer has finished I watched my clock run down and only the rankings page was available.

riverly
03-13-17, 04:24 PM
What I did. Is stockpiled as many resources I could. Bought one boost, and got double the points in the end. Strategies seem to come in handy sometimes for thesemy luck I would stockpile the wrong resource. Lol.

KazLnd36
03-13-17, 04:25 PM
I noticed the same, I was in second with no one within 900 points of me with 15 minutes left. Now that the event closed, I'm 4th - where did these other players come from since I do not think it's possible generate 1000 points in 15 minutes. Another poorly orchestrated event from S8.

Monstergirl39
03-13-17, 04:26 PM
I had too play against my self i have two kingdoms one of me came 1st the other 4th...i wanted too come first and second ..too hard it went mad last few minutes. .now i will have a dragon ..i need one

Nikospets
03-13-17, 04:28 PM
I came to the forum to see if anyone else is having a issue with not getting their prize at the end! From what I have read I am not the only one, has anyone found out why?

katbtodd
03-13-17, 04:29 PM
Wonder what this little spring dragon going to drop .since it looks different from the others

AnnirasSweets
03-13-17, 04:33 PM
This event was actually much more enjoyable for me. I contacted my "opponents" and we decided to go for the 2nd place tie. We realized we only wanted the dragon so why not try to work together. It felt much better for me personally to be working with someone rather than trying to outdo them.

zoroak
03-13-17, 04:34 PM
The spring dragon is about 3x size of the other dragons. Takes 1 square and 22h timer

storm8Arborea
03-13-17, 04:36 PM
I finished third and haven't won anything. I won't be doing that again.

zoroak
03-13-17, 04:38 PM
I think S8 should improve the quality of the 3rd prizes.

Monstergirl39
03-13-17, 04:39 PM
Its a ugly dragon ..yuck lol

ktorewqas
03-13-17, 04:45 PM
I'm no.12 and the person after me only needs 15 points to get the satyr. Too bad, just 15 points ...

storm8Arborea
03-13-17, 04:46 PM
I think S8 should improve the quality of the 3rd prizes.

I would be glad of anything for my third place instead of Zilch.

Nikospets
03-13-17, 04:48 PM
For anyone having a problem with not receiving their prize, just force close your game and reload. This is what I ended up doing and it worked. Not happy about players coming in the game in the last few minutes and going from 3000 points to over 5000! So now we have to stockpile until the end, that seems a little unfair!

AnnirasSweets
03-13-17, 04:50 PM
Is anyone else having trouble storing the cherry trees?

dragon2046
03-13-17, 04:55 PM
So for the players who coordinated to all get either 1st or 2nd place, did it work? Did u all get the dragon ? Just curious, I
Hope it did work I hate LB events don't like completing but coordinating with other players to get 2nd place would be more like a community. Although challenging to make that work. That is if S8 doesn't change it next time so that it won't work if it did. Thanks for sharing info. ;)

Tom2ndMate
03-13-17, 04:58 PM
I think what we are seeing here is the effect of the large Storm8 layoffs last month. I think we have overworked and overstressed S8 staff making mistakes. They seem to have forgotten that CS is played worldwide (not just in California), and so if the Baron sends out gifts worth hundreds of points just a few hours before the game ends at 4PM Pacific, there are lots of players worldwide who were asleep and missed using the gifts. Not to mention the California people who can't play while they are at work, so they missed the gifts too. And if the gifts really did only go to Android and not iOS players, well, it just confirms that junior S8 staff are making mistakes.

Other players have made excellent comments about how S8 needs to put more effort into the main CS storyline, and less time on poorly designed events. If S8 is really desperate for money, why not run a special promotion? I'd be willing to spend $5 for 40 gems (instead of the regular 120 gems) AND a promise to deliver a new Agnes and Old Thomas storyline in the next 30 days, assuming the special promotion raises at least $25,000 (or whatever S8 needs to make payroll).

riverly
03-13-17, 04:59 PM
For anyone having a problem with not receiving their prize, just force close your game and reload. This is what I ended up doing and it worked. Not happy about players coming in the game in the last few minutes and going from 3000 points to over 5000! So now we have to stockpile until the end, that seems a little unfair!That could be someone chopping cherry trees.

peachtreeshoppe
03-13-17, 04:59 PM
I appreciate everyone who shared the idea. I messaged the top seven people today letting them know I wasn't going for first and I'd be happy to tie for third... one player took me up on it, others didn't reply.

We tied, I accidentally got a beast, we tied again and ended that way. Takes a little trust but I had a few items ready for trade and three trees to chop with full energy and wizard schools... I was definitely checking every minute toward the end to make sure s/he wasn't trying to sneak past me! If s/he did I surely would have woken a sleep-eating baby with furious tapping and force closing.

Clark_Wayne
03-13-17, 05:09 PM
i ended 10 but happy with the energie :) and ostara :)
my baby account (level 27 LOL) ended 1st with only about 300 points LOL but it was in a group with lots of zero.
the dragon is really ugly and big ! LOL

CampyRuby
03-13-17, 05:10 PM
I noticed the same, I was in second with no one within 900 points of me with 15 minutes left. Now that the event closed, I'm 4th - where did these other players come from since I do not think it's possible generate 1000 points in 15 minutes. Another poorly orchestrated event from S8.

It is not difficult to gain 1000 points in a few minutes. As others have pointed out, if you build up some reserves of the event items (I had between 5 and 10 of each item) and use the 25 gem boost (for three times the score), it is easy to earn thousands of points in just a few minutes. I did that twice in this round and only sold goods when the boost was active, ad the first time used up almost all of the energy from my 30+ Alicorns chopping rocks (which gives you triple points for that also). I finished with almost 5k points, after only playing the event for 2 days.

It is a really unfair challenge for people that don't want to spend the gems for the boost, and I think it is about the only way you will ever be able to come in first or second in this kind of an event. It's obviously geared to make people spend gems. I had decided I wasn't going to participate in this event at all after the last event like this was such a bust with players with 20k and 30k points taking the lead, but then I noticed that I was in a less aggressive cluster this time with the highest score about 2500 points on Saturday morning, so I decided to go all out and floor it with non-stop production of all the "special" items - and I won first place!

It entirely depends on the group of people you are competing against and your willingness to spend gems to get there and hope that you are the only person making that last-minute push!

meme1098
03-13-17, 05:11 PM
I think what we are seeing here is the effect of the large Storm8 layoffs last month. I think we have overworked and overstressed S8 staff making mistakes. They seem to have forgotten that CS is played worldwide (not just in California), and so if the Baron sends out gifts worth hundreds of points just a few hours before the game ends at 4PM Pacific, there are lots of players worldwide who were asleep and missed using the gifts. Not to mention the California people who can't play while they are at work, so they missed the gifts too. And if the gifts really did only go to Android and not iOS players, well, it just confirms that junior S8 staff are making mistakes.

Other players have made excellent comments about how S8 needs to put more effort into the main CS storyline, and less time on poorly designed events. If S8 is really desperate for money, why not run a special promotion? I'd be willing to spend $5 for 40 gems (instead of the regular 120 gems) AND a promise to deliver a new Agnes and Old Thomas storyline in the next 30 days, assuming the special promotion raises at least $25,000 (or whatever S8 needs to make payroll).

The fact that some got cherry trees & others didn't made this event completely inequitable, S8!! How could something so inexcusable occur?? You screwed up big time & owe everyone a dragon now even though I don't really want one. SMH!!

EsmeW2
03-13-17, 05:14 PM
What a horrible, horrible ending. In one of my games a couple of us stuck at 3000 and stopped, waiting for some of the others to catch up so we could all be first and get the dragon together Well they didn't, they caught up and went right on going as we got to the last hour or so. Nasty! No spirit of cooperation here. Forced to sprint at the end and use up the stored trees and energy crates I wanted to keep. I'm never going to participate in another's LB event - it's so much the opposite of what I've always thought this game was about.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-13-17, 05:19 PM
the fact that some got cherry trees & others didn't made this event completely inequitable, s8!! How could something so inexcusable occur?? You screwed up big time & owe everyone a dragon now even though i don't really want one. Smh!!
TOTALLY AGREE w/Ms. Meme Lorrainne, cuz... SERIOUSLY!?!!!!... some players got 5 free trees!!?
I'm calling FOUL!!!!!!
How is it right that ALL players didn't receive them!?

At 20 gems a pop, not only were those 5 trees the equivalent of a free 100-gem gift, but if the fortunate players who received them also used the Knight's Nobility triple boost, those 5 trees were also worth 12 points/chop or 240 points/tree, or 1200! points total.

That is an INSANE advantage for only SOME players to be given, especially in the final hours of the event.
If the trees were only gifted to Android players (as seems to be the case from what I've read so far), then it'd ONLY be fair if all Android players who received the freebies were partnered in groups ONLY with other Android freebie recipients.
But were the groupings Android players vs Android players and iOS players vs iOS players???
Somehow, I seriously doubt that.

This single inequity probably made the difference between A LOT of 1st & 2nd place &/or 2nd & 3rd place "winners".

Yeah....MAJOR FOUL, S8!!!!

I got the ugly dragon but still missed first place by 1124 points, which, coincidentally, I would have made with my active triple boost & FIVE FREE TREES!..
So, I want my ding dang walla walla bing bang GOLD TROPHY!... or 100 gems put into my account. NOW! LOL

TwinklingSkies
03-13-17, 05:22 PM
Same. I didn't get the 25+ boxes from the chests (I guess by accident?), instead I was forced to use the 25+ boxes I saved from the monster hunt. Never again. I'm bowing out the next event. My competitiors can have fun spending gems and or go crazy chopping trees. I'll just focus on expanding and the rest of my quests.

PrincessCupOButter
03-13-17, 05:42 PM
deleted

PrincessCelestian
03-13-17, 05:52 PM
I would be glad of anything for my third place instead of Zilch.

I was seriously so happy when I got lapped for third place and got fourth instead. Third-place has the worst prizes in my opinion. A crappy decorative trophy and some trade tickets. At least in forth you get an energy box. I set a gem budget of 100 gems that I was willing to spend on this after how much I spent on the last one. It really took the stress off. When my budget was done I knew I was done and that was as high as I was going to go. These are truly the first timed events in Castle story history that I am not a fan of.

PrincessCelestian
03-13-17, 06:00 PM

Did you all get the dragon? If this works, I want to work this out with my next leaderboard group

rulerofjennyville
03-13-17, 06:02 PM
Just glad it's over. I got an energy crate and 5 permits and didn't spend any gems. I'm not buying any more gems until they give us a reasonable contest.

mikepastry
03-13-17, 06:08 PM
This type of event does bring out the worst in players. I decided that 2nd place was good enough since I only wanted the dragon, not a gold trophy and certainly not trade tickets. So I secured a comfortable 2nd place lead with 15,000 points. But apparently I spooked the first place player who had 24,000 points. So she spent last night getting up to 74,000 points which was certainly over**** considering I had stopped at 15,000 and 3rd place was sitting on 2,100. I fear leaderboards are here to stay but I don't enjoy them at all. It's a little too cut-throat for my taste. But money speaks louder than forum posters and I'm guessing the money pours in for these events.
Kat, if I had you on my leaderboard, I don't know what I would have done, LOL 😂 . It must be either your reputation of a "fiercely fast" goal climber or your hoard of alicorns... one of those two things that intimidated that poor first place player. 😂

AnnirasSweets
03-13-17, 06:18 PM
For those asking, YES if tied for first or second place all parties within will get that prize.

clumz
03-13-17, 06:20 PM

It is. I didn't submit until today. Just kept making the things I knew I needed. And then just kept doing the deliveries. Got all the prizes today and ended up in 2nd.

kattkrazie
03-13-17, 06:21 PM
Kat, if I had you on my leaderboard, I don't know what I would have done, LOL �� . It must be either your reputation of a "fiercely fast" goal climber or your hoard of alicorns... one of those two things that intimidated that poor first place player. ��

Lol. She wasn't done. She ended up with 79,500 pts. Why???

ktorewqas
03-13-17, 06:31 PM
Lol. She wasn't done. She ended up with 79,500 pts. Why???thank you for letting the dragon out :D it was ultimately "not pretty" especially for 79k points lol

kattkrazie
03-13-17, 06:50 PM
thank you for letting the dragon out :D it was ultimately "not pretty" especially for 79k points lol

Yup, he's no beauty. But I got him for only 15,000 points. No gems, just an enormous amount of energy. The 79,000 points was for the first place winner. I was second place.

peachtreeshoppe
03-13-17, 06:51 PM
Lol. She wasn't done. She ended up with 79,500 pts. Why???

Did you message him/her to let them know you were done? Couldn't hurt next time.

peachtreeshoppe
03-13-17, 06:53 PM
What a horrible, horrible ending. In one of my games a couple of us stuck at 3000 and stopped, waiting for some of the others to catch up so we could all be first and get the dragon together Well they didn't, they caught up and went right on going as we got to the last hour or so. Nasty! No spirit of cooperation here. Forced to sprint at the end and use up the stored trees and energy crates I wanted to keep. I'm never going to participate in another's LB event - it's so much the opposite of what I've always thought this game was about.

Did they say they'd stop at 3000? How did you decide the exact number to tie? I found one person happy to tie at 3rd on my board. She said I could pass her if I wanted but I was happy to tie.

ktorewqas
03-13-17, 06:56 PM
I wonder if they just borrowed the dragon from dragon story. I tried that game and kinda thought they are similar lol

peachtreeshoppe
03-13-17, 06:56 PM
I did it this way yesterday. I definitely did. I still have 30+ of the item from the potion shop and zero masks, zero pouches and one satchel. I wanted to give myself a day to get out of the rut of being blocked with no time to fix but also ran the risk of someone using gems to double or triple their way past my new second place status.

peachtreeshoppe
03-13-17, 06:59 PM
What did th baron do? I must b missing something.

peachtreeshoppe
03-13-17, 07:02 PM
I... I completely forgot about boosts from the Apothecary. I didn't have access to the forum until today so I have been out of the loop. Brilliant. (Doh!)

kattkrazie
03-13-17, 07:06 PM
Did you message him/her to let them know you were done? Couldn't hurt next time.

I just assumed she was playing with reckless abandon. I doubt if she cared whether I was done or not.

meme1098
03-13-17, 07:09 PM
What did th baron do? I must b missing something.

Some players got 5 free cherry trees in the last hours from a gift by the Baron. Many players did not receive those free cherry trees, me included. Just not fair to gift some players & not others.

SpiritWind00
03-13-17, 07:12 PM
Some players got 5 free cherry trees in the last hours from a gift by the Baron. Many players did not receive those free cherry trees, me included. Just not fair to gift some players & not others.
I've flagged this with S8. I didn't get any either....

mayennalee
03-13-17, 07:13 PM
I only got them after the game ended and I had already gotten whatever prize I got for coming mid pack. It was maybe about 3hrs later and i had been on and off in that time

dipwid
03-13-17, 07:14 PM
Next leaderboard, if anyone here is willing to try to tie, I'll be happy to work with you.

meme1098
03-13-17, 07:41 PM

Thanks so much, SW.

nateryd
03-13-17, 07:44 PM
Lol.. Add me to "the no cherry trees" team. So strange. He must of
Enie menie minie mo'd us.

LadyFencer
03-13-17, 07:48 PM

Put me in the club too, and I was on a bunch this afternoon to get to 3000 points (which I did).

FlowerBurst
03-13-17, 07:57 PM
No free cherry trees for me either. Wow! That certainly would have helped!

PrincessCelestian
03-13-17, 07:58 PM
I also got no cherry trees. I probably
woulda made a run for second if I had instead of just getting lapped so that I didn't get stuck in sucky third place.

GrammyJane29
03-13-17, 08:00 PM
Put me in the club too, and I was on a bunch this afternoon to get to 3000 points (which I did).

Same with me. No trees from the Baron. I'm not a fan of these leaderboard events, I don't like competing with my neighbors. I got Ostara and 6th place. In my group the first place winner had over 15,000. I do want to thank everyone that posts in this forum! I just wish S8 would listen to us.

FrostyFinn
03-13-17, 08:27 PM
No trees either for me. I would have loved that bonus!

I ended up relaxing through this event. The last one made me so crazy and turned me into the kind of player I hate. So I aimed for 4th - 6th place and made it there easily. Although the top player was over 15k and two players tied for 2nd at over 10k. No third place winner at all. I did use the point tripler twice which I thought was totally worth it. I really loved the prizes this time and would have bought them for gems anyway. So for me, I would do an LB event again as long as I loved the prizes and did not intend on reaching 1st or 2nd place.

teaganblackthorne
03-13-17, 08:30 PM
The last time my group was nutty with 25,000 but this time there was less participation. Maybe 3 of us completed all the goals. I got lucky thus time.

Edit: No free trees here either.

dragoniakingdom
03-13-17, 08:51 PM
No free cherry trees here either. In a close group if some received them & others did not & it changed the final rankings seems VERY unfair.

Dislike these LB events with a passion.

Tealantern
03-13-17, 10:14 PM
I finished third in both my kingdoms - third prizes are so bad and it's deflating. These leaderboard events can be divisive and nasty too.

scavaig
03-13-17, 10:16 PM
No change to my final leaderboard - to confirm - nobody got the satyr. Top score was only 2700.

Sw - you Might want to change post 1 - I can confirm I got the 19th place prize ( energy and trade tickets) even though I had zero points.

Never saw the cherry trees give away - no idea how that worked.... Or how it could be considered in any way fair for players.

I really just want a return to the story line. Getting so tired of irrelevant events.

idrispad
03-13-17, 11:38 PM
I did stay in first place and got my dragon so I'm not so angry about lack of free trees. I don't think anyone in my group got them going by the end rankings. I spent gems on one tree and the boost for exactly the last 2 hours

My group this time wasn't very competitive really. If it had been, much as I wanted the dragon, I wouldn't have bothered.

HuckleTown
03-13-17, 11:48 PM
Top score in my group was 1121, no gem buying from the 20 of us. Your strategy failed S8.

GlvtenFree
03-14-17, 12:01 AM
Did you all get the dragon? If this works, I want to work this out with my next leaderboard group

yes all of us who tied got the dragon (second place) but still nice to know its possible.. but u know s8 will probably change that next event..........

littelprincess0313
03-14-17, 12:03 AM
No trees for me either. With the 5 trees I would have had 8 probably used the 3x boost and tried to get the satyr :( really would have loved to get her but had no chance by normal playing, that was just to energy consuming. Next time (and I fear there will be a next time) Im gonna sum up the crafted stuff and use a boost then.

elliejagh
03-14-17, 12:14 AM
An Act of Contrition From a Penitent Soul. (Or beating a dead horse)

A parody paradoxically not intended to offend any religion for the sake of feedback on my feelings as a first place recipient to hopefully make S8 reconsider their strategy. Also, some people asked me to post after all was said and done about how it went. After the slaughterhouse of a leaderboard, beating the dead horse part kind of pales in comparison to my other demonic acts towards my neighbors.

Please forgive me for I have sinned against the Castle Story Community, My Neighbors, My Bank, and the Peaceful Citizens of my Kingdom of Edens Hollow.

The sins that I have committed are as follows:
1. I spent $300.00 USD to crush, demoralize, and massacre fellow players for the sake of an object that will never see the light of day in my kingdom, thus contributing to the possibility of a Third Hunger Games.

2. I "worked from home" today so that I could be better able to monitor the situation.

3. My knights have been decimated. Sir Thurston sadly died while following orders after begging me to give up my folly for the sake of his precious Knights Code of Honor. You may visit the graveyard that now pays homage to the fallen Tributes in these our Second Hunger Games, including a mausoleum and special crypt dedicated to Sir Thurston to remind me of the values I once held dear of fellowship, kindness and camaraderie towards my neighbors. Please do not be alarmed if you see Sir Thurston wandering the land during your visit as his pining for his widow, Princess Sabina, and untimely death have tethered his spirit to the physical realm. Even Tiny Tina fell down went Boom Boom What What?!?

4. Most of my Wizards have now left school because I mercilessly and knowingly overworked them to within an inch of their life.

5. My kingdom has been overrun with workers compensation claims regarding missing fingerprints on pointer fingers due to overuse and abuse, and carpel tunnel.

6. I've calculated my "DPH" at 14,000 points per 10 minutes with my son, thus corrupting his young soul. I did math, people! MATH!?!

7. I have disgraced my legacy as ruler through greed, aggression, invasions and colonization, and corruption of my once pure soul again proving that absolute power corrupts absolutely, even when decorated with cute, fluffy puppies and flowerbeds.

8. I clear-cut entire forests of trees, without even having a regard for receiving and using the wood as my inventory was already full. My ruinous and wasteful deeds have left several dead logs and fire hazards throughout my kingdom that may take weeks to clear.

9. I lost count of how many new neighbors I have now, and have visited very few of them with welcoming arms, thus knowingly neglecting them. If my kids weren't also gem speeding their way through these, our Second Hunger Games, as well, they would have a case for neglect, too.

10. I sated my inner demons and fed them gems until their gluttonous bloodlust was satisfied. They have retreated now, and lay quiet once again, leaving me feeling empty, sad and guilt ridden.

11. I wrote another novel length post. Sorry!

I profess that I detest my sins, and am heartily sorry for having offended thee, my fellow Kings and Queens, who are all good and deserving of all of my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, and having my husband lock my phone from spending without running it by him first to make sure these dark deeds are never repeated again, to confess these sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.

My penance:
1. I ask S8 to give 300 gems of mine to the third place recipient of my group, and only declare this publicly so that there can be no "take backsies" so that their prize might be more representative of their position on the board. I have no idea if they will do the transfer, but I figure if I post it publicly, I knowingly enter into a non-reversible contract. I also feel that if I'm asking S8 to look beyond their bank, that I should be willing to sacrifice mine as well as a model.
2. I apologized and asked forgiveness on both the second and third place walls for my dishonorable deeds.
3. If there is a Third Hunger Games, I will post a step-by-step guide as to how you too can achieve rediculous amounts of points! This is not an effort to encourage the act, but deter it as people will realize just how quickly they can lose a prize position in ten minutes or less.
4. Guilt.

Please forgive me. I will NEVER do this again on Castle Story.

P.S. Has anybody thought of the probability that S8 is now going to offer the dragon for 20 bucks next week as a bonus pack? *Head Implodes*

flowerqueen007
03-14-17, 12:37 AM
Not judging but how the heck did you spend $300.00US, is that a typo or a joke?

MoonVillage3
03-14-17, 12:47 AM
it's quite possible to gain even 2,000 points and more in 10minutes. just prepare lots of crafting materials and towards the end of the contest.. unload everything with a 3x boost. even the gems to spend I had time to make using the 5gem trade doing 2 trades per day. certainly it's a scare for whoever is holding the 1st position.. but does save them gems in the end as it's too last for them to respond to the move. this strategy is only for totals that are not blood thirsty.. but works for normal play.
I'm not one to attack.. but due to the fact I had all players who did not use their walls, nor reply to an eventual 'tie' proposal.. I answered this way.

MoonVillage3
03-14-17, 12:53 AM
sorry about this comment.. but each and all players are free to play, spend or not spend as they wish.. and all are appreciated.

elliejagh
03-14-17, 12:54 AM
I already had a bunch in the beginning. I bought 100 ish during the sale, and another 100 this morning just in case someone tried a power move so I wouldn't have to stop to buy gems. It wasn't a typo. It's a brutally honest representation of why people shouldn't do it.

Like I said in my last post: some of us clearly should not play competitive pay-to-play. That doesn't even cover what my kids spent, either.

S8 needs an eye opener about a spender that won't spend competitively again. Money gets heard, sadly. Someone had to be brutal, so I might as well let my freak flag fly to get the game I loved back.

MoonVillage3
03-14-17, 12:57 AM
@ elliejagh
thank you for writing your experience.. it's very interesting to learn from what you wrote.. where to go and what we must be careful to do, or not to do in our play.
I consider this excellent and positive feedback.
I know it's just what the developers wish.. but it also puts us players on attention where not to fall.
thanks again!

nessa005
03-14-17, 01:08 AM
I set out to get 0 points but due to a few beasts and needing iron and wood ended up with 296 points for 14th place. The leader stopped at 3,006. The players below me were in the 0-100 range. No one on my board seemed to be at all interested. I never crafted or sent anything and no gems wasted. Please, let's get back to the story line and let's have some expansions.

Zirilka
03-14-17, 01:21 AM
I'm posting here because the speculation thread is closed: do you think we will have an update today? Last two event started on Tuesdays instead of Thursday's so I'm extra cautious.

CelineKats
03-14-17, 01:23 AM
Quote Originally Posted by KazLnd36 View Post

Its even possible within 5 minutes. Charge up all your ali's. Buy the biggest boost (3x). Buy a bunch of event trees and chop till you drop and there you go 2000 points within 5 minutes. People who have over 10k points followed this strategy and prob never produced 1 event item. Pay-to-win.

I love ellie's confesion. I suffer from the same, but thank goodness I spend a whole lot less, but I played pvp games in the past and her numbers are familiair to me. App makers love people like us and they really dont care one bit about the consequences. App gaming is all about addiction. The more addicted you are the higher the chance that you are going to spend and that is what app makers want. Dont get me wrong. I am not complaining. I am a grown up and I realize a 100% what I am doing, but to complain here to S8 to change its course is futile. Money rules people and as long as the money rolls in strategy will not change. I only hope that our money will be used to create nice events, continue the story line, get the elves less greedy and gives us our monster hunt. Enough said :-)

PurpleScorpion76
03-14-17, 01:31 AM

I think a free dragon to every player that didn't get the trees would be a nice donation. Lol.

zoroak
03-14-17, 01:44 AM
US$300 is probably not far off from how much the 3rd placed person on my LB spent. He/she has only 4 daily alicorns, keeps buying trees daily and racked up 12 K in last 30 mins by buying both energy and trees on top of the 10 K he/she already has. At least you got the dragon Elliejagh, my neighbour (the 3rd placed person) is probably very upset. I got carried away in the last hour too, spent lots of earned gems and used the alicorns I had kept in reserve and depleted my inventory. Never thought I'd be this low on water and cowhide!

HuckleTown
03-14-17, 01:48 AM
After reading Ellie's post it hit me..most of us don't like these LB events for Castle Story because it turns us in to The Baron when the whole point of our kingdoms is being nice, supportive and inclusive

S8 has found a way to make CS exactly what it wasn't intended to be...greed, greed, greed

MaeFlyBlue
03-14-17, 01:49 AM

Hi all this is the first time ever posting on a forum....... I'm playing level 35 on iOS and missed out on the Baron's gift of trees. Would have made a big difference as I missed the satyr by a measly four points!!!! And I was top of my group and 'only' needed 2300 points to get the girl? But hey I got a big shiny gold cup that will stay buried in my storage. Chopping like crazy for the last hour of the game as I was asked to craft stuff that was going to take 4 hours to make with just over three hours to go! Can't say I enjoyed this LB event - relieved to get back to normal mundane stuff like gathering my crops and collecting fertiliser.

PurpleScorpion76
03-14-17, 01:50 AM
So for the players who coordinated to all get either 1st or 2nd place, did it work? Did u all get the dragon ? Just curious, I
Hope it did work I hate LB events don't like completing but coordinating with other players to get 2nd place would be more like a community. Although challenging to make that work. That is if S8 doesn't change it next time so that it won't work if it did. Thanks for sharing info. ;)

There are a few posts already on this. Some did, some didn't - well when I say didn't, we got 7th aimed for 2nd, but we chose to stop around 4 hours by the end of the event. At that point we were 6th. 3 of us in our collective could have gone for around 200 more points at least which could have got us joint 5th based on the final figures but one participant moved from 17th to 5th in last few seconds. In fact she was just below us in 8th before the clock stopped so jumped around 250 points in dying seconds before we all got our final rankings. And someone else moved too. But even the three of us that could have progressed further were quite happy with the trade tickets. I will the next time talk to everyone within the first 24 hours to hope that people see their walls in time. Lol. I much preferred this approach than the last where I came in 2nd. Such a community feel even between 4 -5 people. The 5th went on to win. Lol.

flowerqueen007
03-14-17, 02:04 AM
sorry about this comment.. but each and all players are free to play, spend or not spend as they wish.. and all are appreciated.

Which is why i said i wasnt judging, unlike your comment, I spend money on gems too.

smtpx
03-14-17, 02:04 AM
Really curious: what is/are the dragon drop(s)?

flowerqueen007
03-14-17, 02:08 AM
I already had a bunch in the beginning. I bought 100 ish during the sale, and another 100 this morning just in case someone tried a power move so I wouldn't have to stop to buy gems. It wasn't a typo. It's a brutally honest representation of why people shouldn't do it.

Like I said in my last post: some of us clearly should not play competitive pay-to-play. That doesn't even cover what my kids spent, either.

S8 needs an eye opener about a spender that won't spend competitively again. Money gets heard, sadly. Someone had to be brutal, so I might as well let my freak flag fly to get the game I loved back.

Thank you for your answer, I couldnt comprehend because I am not a competitive person, but I do see your point, some people can go over the top, I have been lucky in both of my Leader boards in that none of us really got into the big numbers, and while there was a jostling of positions no one really streaked away, I guess this is something we will all have to face eventually.

comeseecomesah
03-14-17, 02:34 AM
Gutted!! My 2 kingdoms were in 1st & 2nd place and an hr before event finished I fell asleep and awoke to find both kingdoms in 3rd place. I visited winner this morning to see prize but not even displayed lol yet. Visited other winner and saw how big the dragon was and felt a big sense of loss and upset I couldn't have it in my kingdoms. The lesson for me is that a lot of the other players in EACH leaderboard feel a similar way, and this is no longer the game I signed up for. Because of the greed and changes,especially leaderboards in ds and ffs I stopped buying gold and gems and lost interest in 'having to' have dragons/animals, and really just didn't want to contribute to the tactics that are going on, a huge one being no gold/gem spend confirm button (I've lost huge amounts through screen freeze whilst tapping and then find I've bought loads of apples,and in cs speeding alicorns etc by accident). It's not nice to PURPOSELY make money this way. There are plenty of other ways to make money in games.
The leaderboards are now in cs and are here to stay because they make money. There are people who will spend whatever it takes to get what they want and that's their choice of how to spend the money they have earned. There are also people who will be spending money they shouldn't really spend and regret it but that's up to them to get in check.
It's sad the storyline has been taken over by the repetitive events. Surely it's possible to make money by keep having new limited things for sale AND more expansions to accommodate them.
Ok that's me vented. The power of the post lol.
Congrats to those who got the dragon,even the one's on my leaderboards lol...and I do mean it.

PurpleScorpion76
03-14-17, 02:39 AM

Essentially this is what happened with ours, but we don't know who knew of our plan not everyone had agreed, or acknowledged our idea. Maybe I should be this angry but I'm not. This game has changed so much since I first started playing, but these events albeit repetitive (and I did ditch one a week into the event last year) do distract from my never ending collecting of milk and eggs for trade tickets and that's also why I probably enjoy the elven deliveries I have to start collecting from somewhere else to replenish the stocks. I took from the end of yesterday's event the comarardry between those that stuck with the plan - that was so much more important to me. And even though I watched others surpass at one point it was incredibly fun watching what was happening. Most of us we're never going to gem through to the 1st place. There was always a chance someone would. But you are right this game wasn't about competing with neighbours, once a month I suspect it will be.

Jackiesq
03-14-17, 03:05 AM
I got the trees, but I didn't had enough energy to use all of them.
It shouldn't make a difference in my ranking if I could, I think that is at least 1 of the points to choose who got them if not everyone got them...
Ended with 1000 points at 17th 4 minutes before the timer stopped.

Lyzau
03-14-17, 03:10 AM
This was the first event ever that I did not participate in. I've been playing since September 2014, never skipped an event, got all rewards except the love shack. I even participated in the first leaderboard and won the steed.
This time however, I said "no". This is not why I play this game. This is not "Castle Story" to me. This is nasty, player versus player stuff that I avoid like the plague in other games.
With the ongoing pressure of non-stop back to back timed events that are not related to the story, and now with another leaderboard event, something inside me snapped. I joyfully watched my points stay at zero, while others were fighting for their prize and get beaten and feel frustrated. I am sorry this has happened to us. I am sorry for our wonderful community. I am sorry that we have apparently lost the original game that we all fell in love with.
It was a relief to say no, and not participate. I feel free somehow. Released from the addiction of constantly having to check my game in order to what? To get another digital deco that I don't even have space for?
Maybe if the original Castle Story ever comes back I will feel inspired to participate again, but for now, I am happy to call it quits.

UnkelFester
03-14-17, 03:11 AM
I ended up in sixth place, so I'm happy with my trade tickets and 25 energy chest. It was a relaxing group to play with, nobody went crazy at the end, but no one got the Satyr. I must admit I enjoyed this event far more than I thought I would.

I didn't end up using my 5 cherry trees, as I had no energy left to chop them at the end (and I wasn't going to chop a energy chest). Hopefully they will be a source of wood in the future. Sorry to hear not everyone got the trees. Maybe they only went to groups like mine with low scores?

rulerofjennyville
03-14-17, 03:17 AM
Same with me. No trees from the Baron. I'm not a fan of these leaderboard events, I don't like competing with my neighbors. I got Ostara and 6th place. In my group the first place winner had over 15,000. I do want to thank everyone that posts in this forum! I just wish S8 would listen to us.

I didn't get any trees either. But I got tired of playing and chopping rocks and gave up with a day and a half left anyway.

PrincessCelestian
03-14-17, 03:45 AM
I did it this way yesterday. I definitely did. I still have 30+ of the item from the potion shop and zero masks, zero pouches and one satchel. I wanted to give myself a day to get out of the rut of being blocked with no time to fix but also ran the risk of someone using gems to double or triple their way past my new second place status.

I don't understand why we can't skip orders. Recycle them and wait x number of minutes for a new one like every other game. With our luck though, S8 would want like 40 gems to skip an order. I have about 50 leftover items that I couldn't use because I just kept getting asked for the satchel and the mask and hides and living wood are rare. Could I have used all of those items I had made, I probably
could have been first. Definitely the first event style S8 has done that in my opinion rewards those who spend gems over those who work hard and play often. I am definitely going to see if I can get my group to work on a tie for the next one.

PrincessCelestian
03-14-17, 03:56 AM

I also spent ridiculously on the first LB event. Depleted my runes for boosts, used hundreds of carefully hoarded gems and for what? A trussed up horse that now lives in storage. I vowed not to do it again and had a gem budget that I stuck to. I came in 4th. I realized I just didn't HAVE to have that dragon. And not knowing what the dragon's drops were made it that much easier to just say no.

cavegirl1
03-14-17, 04:12 AM
Seeing a lot of these posts about places changing at the last minute also shows these events potentially favour people who can play at the time the event is ending.

So good thing I don't care about these events, given I have to be at this odd thing called work at that time ...

katbtodd
03-14-17, 04:16 AM
TOTALLY AGREE w/Ms. Meme Lorrainne, cuz... SERIOUSLY!?!!!!... some players got 5 free trees!!?
I'm calling FOUL!!!!!!
How is it right that ALL players didn't receive them!?

At 20 gems a pop, not only were those 5 trees the equivalent of a free 100-gem gift, but if the fortunate players who received them also used the Knight's Nobility triple boost, those 5 trees were also worth 12 points/chop or 240 points/tree, or 1200! points total.

That is an INSANE advantage for only SOME players to be given, especially in the final hours of the event.
If the trees were only gifted to Android players (as seems to be the case from what I've read so far), then it'd ONLY be fair if all Android players who received the freebies were partnered in groups ONLY with other Android freebie recipients.
But were the groupings Android players vs Android players and iOS players vs iOS players???
Somehow, I seriously doubt that.

This single inequity probably made the difference between A LOT of 1st & 2nd place &/or 2nd & 3rd place "winners".

Yeah....MAJOR FOUL, S8!!!!

I got the ugly dragon but still missed first place by 1124 points, which, coincidentally, I would have made with my active triple boost & FIVE FREE TREES!..
So, I want my ding dang walla walla bing bang GOLD TROPHY!... or 100 gems put into my account. NOW! LOL

Wow I didn't get the tress either ..what ... Would they even do that, it's not fair

SpiritWind00
03-14-17, 04:18 AM
You can definitely get yourself 3000 points in less than an hour with a lot of strategy, preparation, 25 gems and stored/available energy.

from page 40 - this is about the tree gift.

katbtodd
03-14-17, 04:21 AM
Yup, he's no beauty. But I got him for only 15,000 points. No gems, just an enormous amount of energy. The 79,000 points was for the first place winner. I was second place.

It would be great if we could play with our own loving neighbors ..and try staying the same points ,we could trust them

dragoniakingdom
03-14-17, 04:26 AM
I have played CS for many years & it really saddens me to see it change in this way.

It used to have a lovely community feel where others players were always willing to help with handy hints etc.
These LB events bring out the nastier side unfortunately with backstabbing,massive gem purchasing to ensure no-one else gets the prize. And to make it even worse S8 gift some,but not all with 5 free trees.

I'm not quite sure if I want to stay playing this "new" CS,as in my opinion it goes against the fair chance for all if you put in the effort game that it used to be.

Very disappointed & wish we had the old style CS back.:(

katbtodd
03-14-17, 04:27 AM
I never got the cherry trees either ,but saved two I got in a gift box to use the end , but why did some get them and not us all , surly wasn't fair!!!!!!

gorrith
03-14-17, 04:30 AM
Can the refresh rate be fixed if we're going to do another one of these events. I finished with heaps of event items in my inventory as it was just taking too long to hand them in and I had to go to work, it definitely cost me on the ladder.

kendysek
03-14-17, 04:46 AM
Sad reading here.
Some of us were overleaped in last minutes by those who hoarded things. Some wrote they were happy with their strategy to hoard things to use them in last minutes. I think it is just not fair... not fair here in CS. CS should not be a competition.

I would like to team up with other players to reach agreed amount of points, but how did you communicate? Through walls? Or is there something like private messaging?

And I have to agree the prices for third place are the worst (yet I was not third). Third place souhld have lot better prices.

seascape9
03-14-17, 07:34 AM
Since I was furiously trying to get that stupid frog, I didn't even realize this event was going on. When I couldn't open up castle story I went to see if there was an update. This was on Sunday, that's when I got the latest version and started my quest. I was kind of bummed,as I would have loved to do this whole event. In two days I did get 1500 points! It all worked out for me, I got the #1 rank and earned the dragon, which is way cooler than that frog!!! Bring on the next event Storm8, I will be paying attention this time!

comeseecomesah
03-14-17, 10:01 AM
Totally not fair giving only Androids free trees. Androids hav'nt always been equal to ios and have missed out on a lot of stuff in most s8 games for years but I think now in cs it's equal ....except for the trees. In ds there's a huge difference between the two in the leaderboards because ios have the Arctic isles to get extra points by breeding etc, and Androids still don't have Arctic isles despite the mass complaints about the unfairness.
Everyone has a choice to participate/ spend gems/gold or not in any event that's offered but I personally don't like the change the leaderboards and the other events have brought in that a lot of people cannot complete them even with hard work. Work being not an ideal thing to be doing in a game. It should be fun.

kattkrazie
03-14-17, 10:08 AM

I spent more than $300 in one month building my alicorn herd. All you need is a raging bi-polar disorder which I do have. I'm guessing many of us do. :rolleyes:

lhenl90
03-14-17, 10:58 AM
First time poster. And I'm so disillusioned ATM, I haven't logged into CS since the LB finished.

I maintained a comfortable 4th place for days but in the last hour as I expected, kingdoms made a mad dash and I was surpassed and in 7th. In order to make 6th, in the last 5 min, I boosted and started chopping. In the last seconds, I managed 5th and I was happy.

Then the dreaded rider of death appeared. When the dust settled and the smoke cleared, none of the points I had gained in the last minutes registered and I was still in 7th AND less the gems I had wasted on the useless boost.

I am crestfallen and will not be competing in the next [inevitable] LB event.

teaganblackthorne
03-14-17, 11:16 AM
iPad user here so that explains my lack of free cherry trees. Despite that, because of low participation in my group I came in 2nd. I was at work when the event finished so I missed any rushing at the end. My group really had very few getting points.

My Spring Dragon just gave me: Orange Petal, Living Wood, Wood, 300 coins, & xp.

Wonkaland99
03-14-17, 11:21 AM
Played all day every day. Used 25 gems at the end. Came in sixth.

A very poor result, and not worth the time and effort I put in.
Have I learned my lesson? Probably not.

As long as I still need trade tickets I will probably participate, but no more gem wasting.

As far as whether it is better to be 3rd or 4th, this depends on whether you are fully expanded or not.
Personally I would gladly give an energy crate for 5 extra tickets.

PurpleScorpion76
03-14-17, 12:42 PM
As far as whether it is better to be 3rd or 4th, this depends on whether you are fully expanded or not.
Personally I would gladly give an energy crate for 5 extra tickets.

I completel agree! 25 energy or 5 trade tickets?!? 25 eggs and 40 milk for 1 trade ticket. 1 energy box is 25 egg collections. No brainier for me. I'm still expanding so as many of these as I can get is great.

rainsunset
03-14-17, 01:36 PM
There were 3 gem spenders in my group. So I decided to load everything at the end of event and saw if it was worth buying boost. I saw that 1st place had almost 11000 points and decided not to buy boost. There was no use. But I had loads of things I couldn't load due to stupid requests of living wood and dust. So I'm at 4th place. And I'm glad I've got energy chest.
I think that the reward for 3d place isn't good. It's not a problem to make trade certificates. I don't collect from cows and hens only from stables and hatchery. So as for me the reward for 4th place is much more interesting.
I didn't receive trees from the baron either. I wasn' t going to chop them but I defently didn't refuse them. Actually I didn't chop even 2 trees I decided to leave them as decorations.

katbtodd
03-14-17, 02:52 PM
The spring dragon , my first drop wood and yellow flower petals,

ebenezermac
03-14-17, 02:56 PM
My first spring dragon drop. 1 orange petal, 1 wood, and 1 black flag for dragon scales. Who's Jealous?

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
03-14-17, 03:07 PM
Spring Dragon 1st Drop - Wood, living wood, dragon scales and coins

nateryd
03-14-17, 03:18 PM
Is there any confirmed word yet as to why some got the trees and some didn't?
( I didn't, iPhone )
Or is it just, if you were on an android, you got them?
Honestly isn't really fair to do at the very end of a 6 day competition!
I got blown away in the last minutes I ended in 7th with over 9000 pts. I saw as much as 3000+ points in just minutes. This was probably because of selective gifting huge amounts of points. And is COMPLETELY unfair

katbtodd
03-14-17, 03:22 PM
My first spring dragon drop. 1 orange petal, 1 wood, and 1 black flag for dragon scales. Who's Jealous?

Laughing!!!! You would think with all the work to get him ,,it would drop better, so glad I didn't spend any gems

riverly
03-14-17, 03:27 PM
My theory on the free trees is that some people experienced a glitch earlier that day. This glitch may have affected android users only, thus the remedy was to give the free trees. I really would like a definite answer to our question concerning this issue though. In my case, it did not change the LB results.
I'm happy with my results.

ShibuyaCloth
03-14-17, 03:44 PM
Can some on post the inventory card of the dragon and well one of the 3 cups? Info text also appreciated for the inventory card DB!

zoroak
03-14-17, 03:59 PM
Can some on post the inventory card of the dragon and well one of the 3 cups? Info text also appreciated for the inventory card DB!
Spring dragon dropped 5 energy!

tonyjosiah
03-14-17, 04:05 PM
I got Earth Wisp, wood, living wood, orange petal, dragon scales, no energy yet. But 5 would be ok if it gave it EVERY time

tigarlilyvol
03-14-17, 04:36 PM
Got wood, jewel coins and something else black flagged too quick to read

tonyjosiah
03-14-17, 05:15 PM
Spring Dragon also gives 2 gems

brigadoon365
03-14-17, 06:14 PM
First drop, two gems, living wood, orange flower petal, sword. Those are pretty good IMO.

Meereen39
03-14-17, 06:19 PM
First drop, two gems, living wood, orange flower petal, sword. Those are pretty good IMO.

Two gems 5 energy two dragon scales

Meereen39
03-14-17, 06:21 PM
What is a black flag????

nateryd
03-14-17, 06:40 PM
Sounds like the dragon is turning into a pretty good prize! Congrats to all who scored one!

FrostedThings
03-14-17, 07:07 PM
What is a black flag????

When you're maxed out on an item and you get that black notification on the top right of your screen.

Meereen39
03-14-17, 07:49 PM
When you're maxed out on an item and you get that black notification on the top right of your screen.

Thankyou  and der too me

gandalf72
03-14-17, 08:43 PM
Spring dragon dropped orange petals, wood and dragon scales... I'm looking forward to gems and energy, but if its anything like desert palace gold drop I'll be waiting forever. It is amazing how different our experiences with this game can be!

ARIS1969
03-14-17, 10:27 PM
Mine dropped one wood only.... Not even a black flag.....

MoonVillage3
03-14-17, 11:07 PM
spring dragon drops: yellow petals, living wood, armor, coins, xps
size: 1x1 even though huge.. (back of foot occupies part of square behind)
collection time: 22hrs
speed up: 87 gems

CelineKats
03-14-17, 11:35 PM
One wood and one yellow petal. I quickly went to the forum and noticed there is hope for better drops. First thought in my mind when i had these drops: thx S8 for the lame drops. Next event i will not be tempted to spend money. My own punishment for being greedy :-).

MoonVillage3
03-14-17, 11:59 PM
I spent more than $300 in one month building my alicorn herd. All you need is a raging bi-polar disorder which I do have. I'm guessing many of us do. :rolleyes:
hi katt.. we know you're krazie.. but you help us along the way to not fall into potholes and traps. sometime or another we all have a touch of bipolar and all of a sudden we choose to do something we did not plan.
wow! ooppps! did I do that?? oh well! it's already done :rolleyes:

MoonVillage3
03-15-17, 12:07 AM
NEW CS UPDATE!

not sure where to post this but choose here as readers check in often..
there is a NEW CS UPDATE in App Store. I had to do manually as did not come in automatically.

ShibuyaCloth
03-15-17, 12:25 AM
Thanks for sharing the cards, now just need someone with the Bronze Trophy!
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97737-Castle-Story-Leaderboard-The-Spring-Faire!-6-day-event-EXPIRED&p=1402566&viewfull=1#post1402566

Den8137259
03-15-17, 05:04 AM
Hi all ★ just to add that in Dragon Story, whenever there's any event, be it Battle Arena Tournament or Leaderboard (yes it's fairly similar to CS), the prize dragon would also be avail for sale on the market.

Think this is nifty idea cos there are some players who cannot see through a week of Tourney but still want to get the prize. ★

This would translate to more sales n revenue for S8 ya (: ★

TerraRanomi
03-15-17, 07:40 AM
Thanks for sharing the cards, now just need someone with the Bronze Trophy!
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97737-Castle-Story-Leaderboard-The-Spring-Faire!-6-day-event-EXPIRED&p=1402566&viewfull=1#post1402566

PrincessCelestian
03-15-17, 08:06 AM
Well at least the drops from the dragon are better than the drops from the horse. Still not worth hundreds and hundreds of gems.

caron7
03-15-17, 09:40 AM

hi SW. is there no response to this from S8? This was such a last minute game changer that i truly hoped we'd hear something from them on this. as i posted, i got trees when i logged in on Android, but too late for event, which i was playing on ios. Really an unfair way to treat those who spent gems, energy crates, etc., to play.

farmgirl8888
03-15-17, 10:15 AM
One wood and one yellow petal. I quickly went to the forum and noticed there is hope for better drops. First thought in my mind when i had these drops: thx S8 for the lame drops. Next event i will not be tempted to spend money. My own punishment for being greedy :-).

Agree, I went for the steed, hoping it would be like Destrier or Rouncey, giving 40 energy every 7 days, very disappointed. I think they should add the chance of a gems to the Steed's drops, as with the Dragon. Didn't even try for the Dragon because of poor drops from the Steed, so far I've only gotten horse hair and I have been keeping track! If I knew future items in these events would guarantee better drops I would play to win but, at this point I'll just stick to reaching 3000 until I see they consistently offer better guality drops.

S8, if you want me to spend gems you'd better make it worthwhile!!!

meme1098
03-15-17, 10:44 AM
hi SW. is there no response to this from S8? This was such a last minute game changer that i truly hoped we'd hear something from them on this. as i posted, i got trees when i logged in on Android, but too late for event, which i was playing on ios. Really an unfair way to treat those who spent gems, energy crates, etc., to play.

I'm wondering too! It was such an unfair advantage for the ones who got the trees & were able to use them in the last hours. :/

katbtodd
03-15-17, 10:53 AM
Well at least the drops from the dragon are better than the drops from the horse. Still not worth hundreds and hundreds of gems.

I got the dragon , and did NOT spend any gems and I would never spend gems on any of these leaderboard. It's been proven twice now ..the prize is not worth Geming

Seriously700
03-15-17, 12:23 PM
The first leaderboard event, I played less than a day and came in 19th. This time I very reluctantly played, in part because it seemed like others in my group did not have huge numbers of alicorns so it seemed like I had a shot. I came in first, but I don't think I'll play any other leaderboards. I think they are a horrible concept. I did not enjoy playing the game for the past week, and would have been very disappointed if all the time and energy I put into the event ended up being for nothing. I'm seeing many long-time neighbors dropping out of the game. These time-limited gimmicks are going to **** this game.

carebear0211
03-15-17, 12:53 PM
Regarding the free trees...yes it was odd for them to be gifted to Android only players in the final hours of the event. However as an Android player I have missed out on several updates and items that were made available to iOS only. There were sevral times where I counted down the hours to update time only to be disappointed to see there was an iOS only update available and that I would have to wait until next week to participate in new goals.

SpiritWind00
03-15-17, 01:07 PM
hi all, here's what happened with the trees:

If you received the Goal that gifted trees, that means you were affected by an issue in the game so S8 gifted the trees to the affected players to apologise for the inconvenience of the bug. I don't understand exactly what the issue was, but it read like it would be detrimental to being able to play if it wasn't fixed.

Meereen39
03-15-17, 01:32 PM
hi all, here's what happened with the trees:

If you received the Goal that gifted trees, that means you were affected by an issue in the game so S8 gifted the trees to the affected players to apologise for the inconvenience of the bug. I don't understand exactly what the issue was, but it read like it would be detrimental to being able to play if it wasn't fixed.

I am on Android I got the trees,, my issue was the server was down for 5 hours. So maybe that was why.. I remember being angry that I couldn't play ....the trees made s difference I came first

SpiritWind00
03-15-17, 01:34 PM
official drops for Ostara and the Spring Dragon:

Ostara the Satyr has the chance to drop:
Strawberry
Sugar
Magic Fruit
Wool
Horse Hair

Spring Dragon has the chance to drop:
Coins
Gems
Energy
Coal
Jewels
Longsword
Light Armor
Earth Wisp
Dragon Scale
Wood
Living Wood
Orange Petal

dipwid
03-15-17, 02:07 PM
I'm on android, I got trees. My (bug) issue was the circle not dropping points while the event was going on, and I know others had problems with tree chops not registering points. Just FYI with a couple of the bugs that were reported.

comeseecomesah
03-15-17, 03:34 PM
They also sell event animals in fantasy forest too so I'm surprised s8 isn't trying to make some more money by offering event items for sale here. I would like the dragon...depending on what it would cost lol

PurpleScorpion76
03-16-17, 10:38 AM

Well I did get a bit carried away spending 200 (earned in the game) gems on Valentines decorations. And animals I couldn't craft. Does that count? lol.