PDA

View Full Version : Where's our updates?

PhoebeHyNu
03-03-17, 09:26 PM
Storm8,

My fellow players and I want to know why we haven't been getting weekly updates? We are loyal players and just want to have a heads up if we won't be receiving normal expected game features. Can someone just tell us what's up?

Thank you from all your loyal players.

Edit KP

Elsa;1402920']There may be less frequent updates for some games for now. We're not able to speculate on when future updates will be available. :)

Daughteroftheking33
03-04-17, 06:05 AM
I want to know what's up too! I have been spending a lot of money on this game. I recently got a $25 Google play card. Next month I am planning to buy a $50 Google play card. I don't mind spending money on this game but I would like to see some improvements.

EdiiLouise
03-04-17, 06:11 AM
I was going to purchase the 50 gem package with the 30% sale but I'm not sure whether or not this game will still be running :(

hannahmariec97
03-04-17, 11:24 AM
A community manager posted in the forum about this... they said they are not sure when the next update will happen but we should be on the lookout for one. So I'd use this time to save up coins for when it happens :)

EdiiLouise
03-05-17, 07:16 AM
Restaurant had the update on Monday which was a surprise so I am hoping they are changing the updates from Wednesday to Monday...... But who knows. I still have to build the Grapefruit appliance

LightAndLove83
03-06-17, 03:46 PM
Restaurant had the update on Monday which was a surprise so I am hoping they are changing the updates from Wednesday to Monday...... But who knows. I still have to build the Grapefruit appliance

I think it would be nice if they had the updates on Saturday. lol! That way everyone could participate in the first few days. Some of my neighbors work and I just started working again last year so I miss out on the goal in the first few hours. Right now though, I'd settle for any day, so long as we still have them.

kayjco
03-06-17, 09:04 PM
They said we should keep looking, there might be one. There was a good one in RS last week.

Monday seems to me to be the best day, more people needing a quick break or a wind-down on Mondays, so I'd think more people would play and get engaged in it on Monday. So I could see a switch to Monday, but obviously nothing today.

Maybe it'll go back to Wednesday, maybe Monday's, who knows. If they know, they're keeping it secret.

LightAndLove83
03-07-17, 05:12 PM
They said we should keep looking, there might be one.

Maybe it'll go back to Wednesday, maybe Monday's, who knows. If they know, they're keeping it secret.

They've stopped showing the previews as well. This game worked for a lot of people because it was predictable and people could enjoy the game while working it around their hectic schedule. If it becomes crazy and erratic, they stand the chance of losing a lot of players...and money!

slayer7000
03-07-17, 06:01 PM
Hello s8. It is understandable that you may not have the staff or time to design new items for new updates, but instead, how about just doing sales or rereleasing goals? It would get you guys money, and more daily users. Please consider doing this to keep the games alive. Thank you.

kayjco
03-07-17, 06:27 PM
They've stopped showing the previews as well. This game worked for a lot of people because it was predictable and people could enjoy the game while working it around their hectic schedule. If it becomes crazy and erratic, they stand the chance of losing a lot of players...and money!
Consistency is always an important thing.

Communication is good, too. Even if all you can tell people is, "We have no idea," and ask them to bear with you - communicating with customers is ALWAYS a good plan.

In almost every situation in life, the truth is best. For some reason, most people think silence or lies or a glossed-over thing is better. Bear with them, that's probably how they think. It doesn't mean anything is horribly wrong, they just think silence is better.

Wait and see.

I don't spend actual money on the game anymore, anyway, so I'm not holding off on buying gems. Maybe it's easier for me to say, "Wait and see," I don't know.

tamaraalexisreave
03-07-17, 07:06 PM
Yes! Release old goals for newer players please!

LightAndLove83
03-08-17, 05:02 AM
Consistency is always an important thing.

Communication is good, too. Even if all you can tell people is, "We have no idea," and ask them to bear with you - communicating with customers is ALWAYS a good plan.

In almost every situation in life, the truth is best. For some reason, most people think silence or lies or a glossed-over thing is better. Bear with them, that's probably how they think. It doesn't mean anything is horribly wrong, they just think silence is better.

Wait and see.

I don't spend actual money on the game anymore, anyway, so I'm not holding off on buying gems. Maybe it's easier for me to say, "Wait and see," I don't know.

Well said! Yes, letting people know something....ANYTHING...is better then silence. I have also decided that I will no longer spend money on the game. It may seem counterintuitive to S8, but if they would lower the Gem price on updates and make more of an effort to accommodate a portion of what the customers ask for, it would generate more revenue for the company. A happy customer will gladly spend their money when they feel valued by a business. That's not an opinion, that's an economical fact!

tdwhitt
03-08-17, 05:52 AM
Consistency & trust worthiness is the most importance & a lot of us are unhappy about that, it wasn't perfect before but now its falling apart or though it seems, A lot of game players/customers are gonna be lost because like me playing BS, RS, & FS & spending hard earned money in each, won't have us sticking around waiting forever. BS is my fave of all the games so don't disappoint us Storm 8

ChasingTangledDreams
03-08-17, 06:49 AM
It may take awhile for S8 to return to the usual updates until they can re-organize with having less staff members to create new content across all of the games from Bakery Story, Restaurant Story, Fashion Story, etc. on both iOS & Android platforms. Patience may be hard but may be rewarding until then. As a suggestion to S8 to ease the pressure on new content, I would love it if some of the previous goal ovens/decor were back for an LTO. I missed out on so many cute themes since Bakery Story has been released and it would give players a chance to buy "new" or extra items to remodel their bakeries or have different ovens for more food to make. Even other themes from other S8 games would be nice too regardless if something from Fashion Story etc. is used temporarily to save time on designing completely new themes. :)

kat8rose
03-08-17, 08:09 AM
Please let us know what's going on! If there will be no update, say so. It's unfair to keep us guessing. Also, if no updates, a reasonable expectation as to when they will return. Thank you s8 for considering your customers.

bluewhale89
03-08-17, 08:55 AM
I hope they do this, it is a win-win situation.

awesomejujubeans
03-08-17, 09:01 AM
Guys, it's only been one week. Be patient.

Rees630
03-08-17, 10:11 AM
This is two weeks now, not one

clio500
03-08-17, 10:56 AM
Storm8,

My fellow players and I want to know why we haven't been getting weekly updates? We are loyal players and just want to have a heads up if we won't be receiving normal expected game features. Can someone just tell us what's up?

Don't you believe that really the problem is that with their massive layoffs and web articles about their money problems they are only interested in their money makers. They probably don't have the staff to accommodate us.

clio500
03-08-17, 11:14 AM
Answer to Chasing Tangled Dreams
It may take awhile for S8 to return to the usual updates until they can re-organize with having less staff members to create new content across all of the games from Bakery Story, Restaurant Story, Fashion Story, etc. on both iOS & Android platforms. Patience may be hard but may be rewarding until then. As a suggestion to S8 to ease the pressure on new content, I would love it if some of the previous goal ovens/decor were back for an LTO. I missed out on so many cute themes since Bakery Story has been released and it would give players a chance to buy "new" or extra items to remodel their bakeries or have different ovens for more food to make. Even other themes from other S8 games would be nice too regardless if something from Fashion Story etc. is used temporarily to save time on designing completely new themes.

clio500
All well and good and you are absolutely correct in all you say and suggest but the point is they left us hanging without so much as a message for us "to have patience because we are overwhelmed but we are still here". I believe the only reason that Restaurant Story had a goal on a Monday was because it was set to go out on the previous Tuesday/Wednesday and by that time the button pusher was laid off. These guys have done us a disservice and we really have no recourse other than taking what happens, quitting the games or trying to get one of them to answer the really tough question " What is going on?". That last one would probably never happen. Any of their communications to players are about things that have nothing to do with the problem we are talking about here. It is like they shoved it under the rug.

slayer7000
03-08-17, 11:23 AM
2 weeks
Guys, it's only been one week. Be patient.

brooksidesweets
03-08-17, 11:36 AM
Will there be any updates at all now????? I have alot of niebours quitting as no updates....

EdiiLouise
03-08-17, 11:44 AM
Possibly not

diaperrash99
03-08-17, 11:57 AM
I agree, its better than nothing at this point. Especially that they keep leaving us in the dark.

geordieprogman
03-08-17, 12:16 PM
It's just gone past the normal update time and no update. So now it's been 2 weeks without an update. Someone from storm8 really does need to make some sort of statement to what is going to happen.

Daughteroftheking33
03-08-17, 12:44 PM
Storm 8, please give your loyal players some news about what is going on. This silence is just going to cause people to quit this game. I am going to stick with this game because I spent a lot of money on it. Some news is better than none.

jordanegp1
03-08-17, 12:47 PM
What is going on with the updates?

[S8] Elsa
03-08-17, 12:52 PM
There may be less frequent updates for some games for now. We're not able to speculate on when future updates will be available. :)

Daughteroftheking33
03-08-17, 12:56 PM
Elsa;1402920']There may be less frequent updates for some games for now. We're not able to speculate on when future updates will be available. :)

Why? We just want a clear answer:(

CassieJo84
03-08-17, 01:01 PM

Can we get confirmation that there will eventually BE regular, consistent updates?

bluewhale89
03-08-17, 01:01 PM

How about releasing old goals??

slayer7000
03-08-17, 01:21 PM
How about rereleasing old goals? It takes no work and will rack in profit

Rees630
03-08-17, 02:30 PM
Thank you for answering us. I can live with less frequent updates, my biggest worry is that the game will shut down, so just the fact that it's still running is of some comfort.

diaperrash99
03-08-17, 02:51 PM
Agreed, I was cool with giving some time to get things ready following a mass layoff but now this is enough! You're telling us you still have moderators employed by you who read all this and do not know what is going on?

nightshine7
03-08-17, 03:01 PM
Okay Storm8...rumor has it you've had a huge number of your employees laid off. This is still NO excuse for your incompetence in getting out goals lately. I've been playing 4-5 years and have put up with your gem stealing traps and refusing to credit them back... which, by the way, doesn't allow me to keep 10 or more gems. Therefore, I can't get things like the gem dispenser, crates, etc. unless I choose to buy them with real money, which I have in the past. But now, for the past 5-6 months, I've refused to purchase things from Storm8 because its gone totally downhill. Get your act together. Your games are getting pathetic.

slayer7000
03-08-17, 03:17 PM
Please just rerelease old goals! It only takes a few button/key typing and you'll make us happy!

zeiger21
03-08-17, 03:23 PM
Hello s8. It is understandable that you may not have the staff or time to design new items for new updates, but instead, how about just doing sales or rereleasing goals? It would get you guys money, and more daily users. Please consider doing this to keep the games alive. Thank you. I totally agree with this person. Bring back old past goals so people can get ovens they may have missed or occurred before they started playing this game. Myself included. I know many of my neighbors would also love to have this.

ruskpaels
03-08-17, 03:58 PM
Thank you for answering us. I can live with less frequent updates, my biggest worry is that the game will shut down, so just the fact that it's still running is of some comfort.
Same. I'm okay with not getting an update every week. I also understand that Storm8 is going through a hard time now and have to find a way to work with this. But I'm worried about the future of the game and would appreciate any information about what happens.

vladfindme
03-08-17, 04:14 PM
Storm 8 would be great if you could be considerate and let everyone know what is going on :confused::mad:

Not a great business model in my opinion if you guys can't atleast say "hey we are restaffing so it might be a couple weeks before we will have new content for everyone" or alternatively if there isn't going to be any new content then please let me know as I will no longer bother to play (as sad as that will be for me since I have been playing for 4 years now!) but have maxed out every appliance so updates are my only way of cooking new food, earning free gems etc.

Reading this forum you clearly have a lot of loyal players that you owe an answer to.

mikepastry
03-08-17, 04:33 PM
I am with everyone here above. Storm 8, please:

1. Please CLEARLY communicate to us here or on the blog about when and how frequent you will be doing updates/goals, etc.
2. I agree with everyone proposing that you could re-open for us old goals. Additionally, you could just do weekly sales on old items, first and second crate prizes, etc.
3. You could also bring back LTOs, if you need money. Even if your mechanism, as it is programmed now, allows you to offer these LTOs to iOS users for now, why not continue offering them and collecting revenue from iOS users, until you figure out how to offer the same feature in android?

We really need CLEAR answers, and not some vague explanations that do not really explain anything!

AlisinChanes
03-08-17, 05:19 PM
I've been expecting them to dump these games for a while now. Seen it coming. Thats why they're being vague, don't want people quitting & potential money loss. I figure if they put future energy into any it'll be their newest games, not these older ones. I'll be shocked if we get more than a few more updates, if we even get one more. The updates on these games don't hold a candle to the quality they used to give.

vladfindme
03-08-17, 06:45 PM
I've been expecting them to dump these games for a while now. Seen it coming. Thats why they're being vague, don't want people quitting & potential money loss. I figure if they put future energy into any it'll be their newest games, not these older ones. I'll be shocked if we get more than a few more updates, if we even get one more. The updates on these games don't hold a candle to the quality they used to give.

I hope this won't be the case but I have a bad feeling you're right :(

pastagirl54
03-08-17, 07:57 PM
May I make a suggestion to S8 as I know they are probably pressured & stressed at the moment.

Why don't you take a PREVIOUS old Easter (or any) goal from Restaurant and offer it next week in Bakery Story.
And vice versa, offer a PREVIOUS old Easter (or any) goal from Bakery and offer it in Restaurant next week.

That way, both would have new goals for their Bakery or Restaurant with new ovens, tables & decor .... and it wouldn't create an abundance of work on S8 to create something new.
I think people would be satisfied with that until you have the chance to reorganize.

Just a thought.

themusicloverme
03-08-17, 08:50 PM
May I make a suggestion to S8 as I know they are probably pressured & stressed at the moment.

Why don't you take a PREVIOUS old Easter (or any) goal from Restaurant and offer it next week in Bakery Story.
And vice versa, offer a PREVIOUS old Easter (or any) goal from Bakery and offer it in Restaurant next week.

That way, both would have new goals for their Bakery or Restaurant with new ovens, tables & decor .... and it wouldn't create an abundance of work on S8 to create something new.
I think people would be satisfied with that until you have the chance to reorganize.

Just a thought.

could be nice, but many players complained when bakery released a mini goal with appliances and dishes straight from restaurant (the roller goals, I think). but your suggestion seems better now compared to nothing at all.

Rollostreats
03-08-17, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=awesomejujubeans;1402828]Guys, it's only been one week. Be patient.[/QUOTEyeah it''s been two weeks and yet the annoying pop ups to download more games from storm8 still continue. Thinking of quitting bakery and finding something else to play the gifting is broke and no updates sucks and no fun,

mikepastry
03-09-17, 05:55 AM
I think just re-opening for us in bakery story old bakery story goals would do. There is no need to switch goals between the games, as there are so many newer players, who did not do more than 60-70% of the old goals (I am judging by the number of locked appliances and decor for myself). Reopening one of the old goals at a time would keep almost everyone busy for months. But I am just saying that, not that S8 is going to do one thing or another anyway....

LightAndLove83
03-09-17, 06:20 AM

It seems Storm8 has been heading for trouble since they took over a while back. I said then that the game was not as robust as it once was in the beginning and felt it would bring it to its untimely death. Well.... here we are, and it seems we may be at the precipice now. Sad. It really is the best game/app I've played. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but my guts always right.

Daughteroftheking33
03-09-17, 07:55 AM
It seems Storm8 has been heading for trouble since they took over a while back. I said then that the game was not as robust as it once was in the beginning and felt it would bring it to its untimely death. Well.... here we are, and it seems we may be at the precipice now. Sad. It really is the best game/app I've played. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but my guts always right.

What about the money we put into this game?

CeleryGrapes
03-09-17, 08:27 AM
Caveat Emptor = Let the Buyer Beware

EdiiLouise
03-09-17, 10:05 AM
When was the petal appliance released?

Freshte
03-09-17, 10:27 AM
I have a sinking feeling that this game will end up like the original Farm Story. Intially updates continued weekly after FS2 was released but they were smaller with only 1-2 items. Next the updates came biweekly, monthly, and then basically seasonally with some re-releases thrown in sporadically. I quit when they finally announced there would be no more updates...I think it was an 18 month process...so painful to see all your neighbors pack up and move on...felt like I was living during the dustbowl days in OK...sigh

[S8] Elsa
03-09-17, 12:30 PM

Just a thought.

Just to give everyone a more realistic expectation, re-releases still require a decent amount of work. I'll share the suggestion, but please understand that it's less simple than it may appear. ^_^

pipipooh1977
03-09-17, 12:53 PM

I feel the same way!

[S8] Elsa
03-09-17, 01:08 PM

TeamLava was just a studio name. In the most literal way, it's the same thing as Storm8. :P

Don't worry so much. <3

squishyhoney1210
03-09-17, 01:34 PM
My mom who is in her 60s play most of the games by Storm8 and she doesn't know about the forum nor about Storm8.
I believe there are other people like her, who are unaware what is going on.

I feel sorry for players who continue purchasing gems while not knowing that there may be no update/less update in an unspecified duration of time.

Other than the brief news about the layoffs and subsequent updates relayed by the helpful mods here, Storm8 in general has been very silent. Even on their Facebook and Twitter.

To be fair to all players, I feel Storm8 should come up with a proper and clearer communication on the way moving forward for all games - e.g. that "some games may not have updates and may have less updates for a while." They could do this in the same way they do pop-up ads when the games first load.

caillieco
03-09-17, 02:25 PM
Storm8,

Edit KP

This is the same thing they did with original Farm Story. Slacked off on updates. Then no updates in several years. Don't know what their issue is but I may delete all their games.

slayer7000
03-09-17, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the response Elsa and thank you for passing it on. I just hope it's less work so that it's not as much of a strain on you guys and your players can still be happy :)
Elsa;1403156']Just to give everyone a more realistic expectation, re-releases still require a decent amount of work. I'll share the suggestion, but please understand that it's less simple than it may appear. ^_^

blueangel826
03-09-17, 05:14 PM
Elsa,
How about a sale on St Patrick's Day items?? I've played nearly 2 years & have little to nothing related to St.Patrick's Day. I see cute tables/chairs/ovens,& decorations on those who've played longer & would like to have the opportunity to get them like was given for Christmas & Valentine's Day! Please share this as to a possibility since no update??!! Thanks:)

Mystorm5122
03-09-17, 06:14 PM
I like everyone else am sad that Storm8 is having problems, and feel bad they had to lay off so many employees. I have tried many other cooking games but nothing compares to Bakery and Restaurant Story. I can understand not being able to keep up with weekly updates, but hope they don't give up on the games altogether. And it would be nice to have an announcement of some kind. It's really not fair to keep everyone guessing.

bzladybug68
03-09-17, 08:46 PM
I would like to see the re-release of some of the older ovens and drink machines. I have been playing for a little over 2 years and I know that I spend over 100$ a month for decorations and would be willing to spend more money if the older items were released again. Some of the items are far more decorative than what has been coming out lately. I even love the older tables and chairs. Please sincerely consider the re- release of the older items.

karenmarieneal
03-09-17, 09:24 PM
Hey I have been playing for 4 yes. & I love this game.
I have money invested in this game.
But I have so much more than money to lose, & that is the
Friendships I have made here.
The way we have branched off & have shared pictures
Of family, & watched children grow.
How we call each others kids neices & nephews, which
Makes us Sisters.
Tell Storm8 that.
So yes I will hang with you Storm8, if you hang with us.
WE WILL BUY YOUR PRODUCT IF YOU GIVE US A PRODUCT
TO BUY!!!!. The game that I play & Love is Fashion Story.

kayjco
03-10-17, 03:28 PM
Elsa;1403156']Just to give everyone a more realistic expectation, re-releases still require a decent amount of work. I'll share the suggestion, but please understand that it's less simple than it may appear. ^_^
It has to be less than a new one. Old stuff is wanted by MANY people. This game is set up to visit other people, so people do that and see things they'd like to have in their own bakery, but can't have.

It creates I'll will. It's like the guys who run the game are saying, "Haha, you didn't have the foresight to play our game three years ago, so you-ou can't ha-ave iit!" It's irksome and frustrating.

A lot of people would pay MONEY to get that stuff, but Storm8 won't even sell it!!! It's just crazy, business-wise, to refuse to sell something you have that people WANT to buy. And, again, it irks your customers.

Releasing old goals would tide a lot of people over. Even one a month - just say "one a month" or "every other month" or whatever.

Tons of people would happier to get old stuff they have seen and already want than new stuff. So maybe old stuff once a month and new stuff whenever you can...a good idea. 😀

jojobaby91
03-10-17, 07:33 PM

It has to be less than a new one. Old stuff is wanted by MANY people. This game is set up to visit other people, so people do that and see things they'd like to have in their own bakery, but can't have.

It creates I'll will. It's like the guys who run the game are saying, "Haha, you didn't have the foresight to play our game three years ago, so you-ou can't ha-ave iit!" It's irksome and frustrating.

A lot of people would pay MONEY to get that stuff, but Storm8 won't even sell it!!! It's just crazy, business-wise, to refuse to sell something you have that people WANT to buy. And, again, it irks your customers.

Releasing old goals would tide a lot of people over. Even one a month - just say "one a month" or "every other month" or whatever.

Tons of people would happier to get old stuff they have seen and already want than new stuff. So maybe old stuff once a month and new stuff whenever you can...a good idea. 😀

totally agree!! im sure that many players would be happy if Storm8 re-released goals. I know I would, better than nothing at all.

kayjco
03-10-17, 10:02 PM
totally agree!! im sure that many players would be happy if Storm8 re-released goals. I know I would, better than nothing at all.
If they'd just re-release old appliances, like all the St. Patrick ones, I'd be happy. 💚😊

tamaraalexisreave
03-11-17, 12:00 PM
I understand there are changes within the S8 team so if programming a new update is too challenging, Why not release old goals again? The programming is done and it would keep many players interesed and possibly generate money.
Im a new player to Bakery Story and would love some of the older goal ovens! Wondering if anyone else would enjoy this option.
Cheers, Happy Baking everyone!

Daughteroftheking33
03-11-17, 02:27 PM
I understand there are changes within the S8 team so if programming a new update is too challenging, Why not release old goals again? The programming is done and it would keep many players interesed and possibly generate money.
Im a new player to Bakery Story and would love some of the older goal ovens! Wondering if anyone else would enjoy this option.
Cheers, Happy Baking everyone!

Good idea! Storm8 might be working on something special for Bakery Story. We just have to be patient. They should give us a heads up. :/

Daughteroftheking33
03-11-17, 02:34 PM
If they'd just re-release old appliances, like all the St. Patrick ones, I'd be happy. ����

Hopefully we get something next week. :)

ladygaga1975
03-11-17, 10:59 PM
I have been playing this game since November 2012 , this is a fun game to play with friends, But now it's turning ugly cuz of the little info we are getting about less updates, i have spend time and money in this game and I don't want all this going to the drain , what's really going on .!! Please don't stop updating this fabulous game .! I know some of my neighbors are quitting , but I think they doing it cuz they think you guys soon will be removing this app , please don't do that , I'm talking for too many people that play and love this game .!! Just think about how many players this game have .!! We need a response from you guys .!!

Beautifulgirl71421
03-11-17, 11:13 PM
Where's the updates lot's of us pay out a lot of money on these games & I love playing
Fashion Story but we want to see improvements. To many want to quit if you
don't keep the updates coming. Please don't shut down Fashion Story I been
Playing this game for a long time & so has many other's.

BellasBBB
03-11-17, 11:34 PM
Please continue to give us updates! I've dedicated many hours and have put in a lot of my hard earned money into this game! Please keep Fashion Story going!

Daughteroftheking33
03-12-17, 09:57 AM
Dear fellow players,

I know you all are frustrated that we have had no goal or update. I can understand that completely. I agree with you about Storm8 should give us a heads up about why we did not get an update. Try to understand the amount of pressure Storm8 have. They laid off a great amount of workers and are trying to reorganize everything back to how it was before.

Here are somethings you can do to pass time until they get situated:

1.)Try to master all the appliances if you have not already. Imagine all the gems you can earn!

2.)If you have mastered all of the appliances, cook Red Velvet Cake and see how much money you can make.

3.)Decorate your bakery for the upcoming holiday and season.

4.)If you're not on level 99 yet, cook a lot of Blue Berry Buckle.

5.)Try to get to the highest level in Storm8's other games. I doubt anyone beat all of their games yet but I could be wrong. That could keep you very busy!

6.)You could try all these steps for Restaurant story, Fantasy story, Castle story, etc.

7.)Try your best to be patient. Us being patient could be rewarding.

I'm on level 81 and have not mastered the main oven and main drink mixer. I have not even mastered all the other appliances in the store.

Lastly, who said something is wrong with cooking mastered recipes? Cooking is fun whether a recipe was cooked thousands of times.

Have fun and relax!

roxierocket
03-12-17, 02:39 PM
I am purchasing gems for Bakery Story on a regular basis with all the sales. Please tell me that I am not throwing money in the trash. I would be extremely upset to feel that we have been tricked into doing this with the sales. I am noticing that form links do not display pictures for Bakery Story threads as of this last site maintenance.

SpiritWind00
03-12-17, 07:24 PM
I am purchasing gems for Bakery Story on a regular basis with all the sales. Please tell me that I am not throwing money in the trash. I would be extremely upset to feel that we have been tricked into doing this with the sales. I am noticing that form links do not display pictures for Bakery Story threads as of this last site maintenance.

We have tried to fix most of the links that were broken - we have updated hundreds of them! If you come across one we've missed, please send a PM to either me or Kooky or Rynetory2 and we'll happily fix it. cheers!

Rees630
03-13-17, 05:04 AM
I regularly buy gems when they're on sale, but I've been holding off lately. I feel like while the status of the game is questionable, what with not properly being informed, this is the way to proceed , for me anyway. I realize if customers stop buying gems revenue will spiral, increasing the likliehood of the games demise, but until there's clarification, I'm holding off. I just hope things get back to normal soon, so I can continue with this game I love.

EdiiLouise
03-13-17, 07:21 AM
Two weeks ago - There was an update for Restaurant Story with the Mardi Gras goals on Monday so fingers crossed they'll give us the update on both games tonight :)

Rees630
03-13-17, 08:50 AM
That would be excellent, I sure hope so. If not today at least Wednesday. Hopefully they been mulling over releasing old stuff too. I just bought the deep sea oven out of boredom only to find two of three recipes locked. :(

Two weeks ago - There was an update for Restaurant Story with the Mardi Gras goals on Monday so fingers crossed they'll give us the update on both games tonight :)

atrekker1
03-13-17, 12:04 PM
i want to know what's up, too. we have a gem sale today. 2 weeks ago i probably would have bought some gems, but i'm sure not going to now!

pipipooh1977
03-13-17, 04:52 PM
I'm done supporting these games till they come back with regular updates. My door has been closed for weeks now and I have nothing to cook.

clio500
03-14-17, 06:15 AM

I believe that Storm8 is losing money as reported on the Web and that lay offs were a way to slow up the inevitable, and that would be shutdown of these games. I believe you are under staffed and that at least some of the people that were laid off were the ones providing your ability to provide what is missing from our games, one being new updates and the their preview. I believe Storm8 has committed a disservice to the people who are paying your salary and the money to keep Storm8 afloat if that is even possible now. Further, your statement above is a whitewash and provides nothing to your loyal followers. It is too bad all players cannot see your statement above. I think if they had the ability and knowledge on how to get here you would be in deeper trouble. I plan to alert all my neighbors of your post here. My neighbors seem to be lost as to Storm8's intentions as do you.

Daughteroftheking33
03-14-17, 07:01 AM

That's great! We might get a goal tomorrow. Be patient everyone. I know it's hard! I am curious about what they are going to release. :)

hellob73
03-14-17, 09:28 AM
I'm trying to keep my ovens open in case of an update. Guess I'll wait until 3p est

deekathleen
03-14-17, 09:43 AM
I'm not expecting any update. Im disappointed that there was no st pats sale. Once again people with money begging to spend it and nothing to buy.

[S8] Elsa
03-14-17, 10:07 AM
I'm not expecting any update. Im disappointed that there was no st pats sale. Once again people with money begging to spend it and nothing to buy.

:3

teammaggie
03-14-17, 10:13 AM
Is it possible to find out if there will be an update or not for tomorrow? We usually wait to gift on Wednesdays incase there's a new oven for parts. If it's definitely not happening I think someone would know by now.

monstertop
03-14-17, 10:22 AM
I can be patient but I'd still like to know whether or not there will be an update tomorrow so that I can plan ahead on my playing style. If no update, that's all I need to know and I'll be fine. Just please give us an update today.

faelen
03-14-17, 11:11 AM
I can be patient but I'd still like to know whether or not there will be an update tomorrow so that I can plan ahead on my playing style. If no update, that's all I need to know and I'll be fine. Just please give us an update today.

The update is there! St Paddys day rereleases.

bluewhale89
03-14-17, 11:18 AM
Saint Patrick's Day sale =P

peppy903
03-14-17, 11:20 AM
Elsa;1404291']:3

They just re released St Patrick appliances 4 of them but only 6 days on menus, I'm not buying something and use my parts up for it to disappear in 6 days. Storm 8 you need to get real...

peppy903
03-14-17, 11:24 AM
The update is there! St Paddys day rereleases.

It is not an update,it's a limited Sale, It disappears in 6 days!

Sunni4eva
03-14-17, 11:30 AM
As an avid Player since 2011, I am Thrilled to re-releases! It may not be an Update, but something is better than nothing! Thanks Storm8!

Sebsmommy15
03-14-17, 11:34 AM
I'm happy with the re released items! Not happy with the limited timing with the recipes... if they don't fix this then I won't buy the appliances...

EdiiLouise
03-14-17, 11:40 AM
Am I guessing that we won't get a normal update tomorrow then?

krissy4115
03-14-17, 11:42 AM
I'm happy cause one of the ovens I didn't have. Very glad I already had the parts and didn't need to ask for them!

EdiiLouise
03-14-17, 11:53 AM
They've muddled up the updates recently. First they appear on Monday and now today is Tuesday and so will we get an update tomorrow? I'm confused

jojobaby91
03-14-17, 12:09 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH STORM8!! so thrilled about the seasonal ovens!! 🤣

kooky panda
03-14-17, 12:45 PM
New Update

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97910-St-Patrick-s-Day-Sale-2017