PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors that GIFT but don't TIP

Unregistered
03-13-11, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone... I wanted to see what you all thought about those neighbors that seem to always send you a gift but NEVER leaves a tip.

I tip all my neighbors their full 6 and send a gift everyday. Sometimes they don't get my gift because they already got their 20 gifts for the day.

It seems I have some lazy neighbors that just send all their neighbors gifts at the same time but never bothers to take the time and visit each of their neighbors to tip them

I'm deciding whether to remove these neighbors from my list. What do you think?

Unregistered
03-13-11, 12:28 PM
Oops... forgot to add my info above

Storm8Id: queenraq
Bakery: RAQ Sweet Shop

Unregistered
03-13-11, 01:09 PM
I was doing that for a while, I would tip every person and gift them. Then I noticed some wouldn't tip me back.so I started to tip those that tipped me and send cappuccino to everyone at once. Then I noticed not everyone was sending cappuccino back. I just tip those that tip me now or have 3+ star rating.

Basically it's a waste of time to tip everyone. I have over 100 neighbors and well more than half no longer tip they just send gifts. More than half of those people don't even play either. I have not delete them because I'm not fully sure they've quit

kooky panda
03-13-11, 01:43 PM
I was doing that for a while, I would tip every person and gift them. Then I noticed some wouldn't tip me back.so I started to tip those that tipped me and send cappuccino to everyone at once. Then I noticed not everyone was sending cappuccino back. I just tip those that tip me now or have 3+ star rating.

Basically it's a waste of time to tip everyone. I have over 100 neighbors and well more than half no longer tip they just send gifts. More than half of those people don't even play either. I have not delete them because I'm not fully sure they've quit

I gift everyone in the morning when i know I can play and return favors through out the day. I go ahead and return favors to the people that gift me before I gift them. Anyone that gifts me after I gift them, I just accept the gift. Then I hit my wall and return favors to all nbrs that post on my wall.
I do have some long time nbrs that gift early in the morning, but never return my favors do I just gift them back.
About every 2 weeks I go through and delete the nbrs that are not returning favors. Lot of them get mad, but since I play 4 games it does take alot of time to gift tip(water) everyone. I have been trying to keep my nbr list down to about 60-70 per game.

everyone plays the game differently. I have had a couple of people delete me even though I always return favors-- I do not take it personally- I just assume that
are cutting down their nbr list also and just keeping a handful of people.

lesleypsg1
03-13-11, 02:45 PM
My strategy is this. I gift everyone on my list in the morning. Then as I have time, I tip/water names on my feed first, then those who have gifted back, then from wall. The gift back and feeds work best for me as I generally return favour to those who have visited me.

If someone recd my gift but didn't visit, well, the gift didn't cost me anything. It's easier to gift in bulk then picking and choosing who to gift. I tip for all gifts I receive in return, even if I don't accept the gift. It's just like having a task list to keep me on a time management track. I don't go thru my neighbour lists because there just isn't time to visit when the nbr hasn't even bothered gifting back, or visiting as a result of receiving my gift. I'm up early, so it's very rare where they aren't all sent successfully.

I very rarely delete anyone though I'm not taking on new, as others have said, we all play differently.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 03:38 PM
Wow to all those with 100+ in their list. I've only been playing since January and I like keeping my list limited to 30ish since that's the minimum required for the final expansion. This list is also the right amount I can handle.

I tip everyone the max every morning and gift everyone when the option becomes available. I recently started posting on my neighbors' walls that I tipped and gifted (or tried if the gift failed).

I suppose it's better to get a gift without tips than nothing at all. I ended up removing 2 people off my list that both had 0 star rating and haven't given me gifts or tips in over 5 days

- queenraq

fresh n fancy
03-13-11, 06:43 PM
I have been playing for a few months and have over 300 neigbours so far..(i like to push the limits and see how many i can get before i maxed out - why because i can) I tip n gift anyone who leaves a message on my wall usually with emoticons to let then know and my favourites or regulars sometimes get a special message from me. Copy and pasting a message saves me time. Every night i do a bulk gift sent out to the remaining neigbours and I figure something is better than nothing. Every couple of days or so i delete anyone with 0 stars. I rarely ask to be invited but accept all invites posted on my wall. Its a game I play for pure enjoyment and pleasure like most people. We fit it around our busy lives as best we can some have more time than others. There is no right or wrong way just common courtesy and politeness from other fellow users enjoying the game at the same time. I play for me and even though I tip and prefer cappa gifts I dont get upset because after all its a gift no matter what you get, its also free and nice to know somebody took the time out of their busy day to send me something. OOh my Lemon Pie is ready - See you in Bakery Land

Unregistered
03-13-11, 07:49 PM
...I tip n gift anyone who leaves a message on my wall usually with emoticons to let then know and my favourites or regulars sometimes get a special message from me. Copy and pasting a message saves me

I just realized recently that messages in your News Feed are limited and older ones are automatically deleted. I didn't know the importance of leaving a message on my neighbors's walls. Perhaps some of my neighbors never knew I left a tip because I usually do super early in the morning. If they were the type of players that only tipped back neighbors that tip, maybe it's why some of my neighbors don't tip back.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I'm still learning the game and it really meant a lot to read other people's play style

- queenraq

Rockinkitten
04-05-11, 10:01 AM
I have over 200 neighbours which I gift every day and tip everyone who is on my wall or news. Sometimes I try to tip all or half of my neighbours but it takes a long time and I sinply don't have time to tip all of them every day. Nor do I have the time or inclination to check if all my neighbours are tipping me every day! Frankly, I do not care! They are not obliged to tip me. I do like the reward for tipping on FS and RS, it does make me tip more people especially when I need just a few dozen experience points to reach the next level. I don't even know how to delete a neighbour but I wouldn't do it anyway.

BlakBeard
04-05-11, 03:08 PM
If you ever want to delete a neighbor, go to your list of neighbors and where it says "Neighbors" to the right of it is a "Edit" button. Press it and you can delete who you want.

BlakBeard
04-05-11, 03:10 PM
Where is a Tip All button and a Gift All? That would make it easier for people like me who have more than 200 neighbors.

sehana
04-05-11, 03:16 PM
Where is a Tip All button and a Gift All? That would make it easier for people like me who have more than 200 neighbors.

Yea I could use both of those types of buttons. :)

ID: Sehana (http://sehanafortress.com/iapps) | Facebook (http://facebook.com/kairalyn)
Storm8 ID Add Me List for TeamLava games (http://sehanafortress.com/tl_id)
How to post picture in forums? (http://sehanafortress.com/forum_help)

sehana
04-05-11, 03:17 PM
I used to have over 800 neighbors in CityS, but cut it down to just under 200.

ID: Sehana (http://sehanafortress.com/iapps) | Facebook (http://facebook.com/kairalyn)
How to post picture in forums? (http://sehanafortress.com/forum_help)

Rockinkitten
04-08-11, 02:35 AM
"Gift all" would be very handy indeed, but I don't think they are going to make it that easy for us. Maybe they could come halfway and give us a button to choose 10 at a time?

Also the tipping process would be much easier if we didn't have to scroll through all our neighbours every time. Right now when I tip someone and then go back to my list of neighbours, it remembers my "place" for one time only. The next time I go back it starts at the top again. if you know what i mean.

sehana
04-08-11, 06:02 AM
I wish there was a way to indicate that you already tipped that neighbor for today. Maybe changing the color of the visit button once u tipped/cleaned/danced/liked/watered.

Donnahh
04-08-11, 11:42 PM
Gifting cappuccinos gives more $$. I gift and never tip, my neighbors seem to be fairly cool with it, they are aware of it and none so far have had a hissy fit and deleted me over it.
I play Farm, Bakery, Restaurant, Treasure, City, Fashion and Nightclub. Do I have time time to tip all 100+ neighbors in every game? No.
I water only in Farm story. Every other game all I do is gift. I make it clear from the start this is all I do and so far no one has screamed at me.

*shrug* I guess it's up to how much time you're willing to spend on your device every day tapping and tipping. I don't have all that much time.

TheFluffySlipper
04-09-11, 12:32 AM
I don't really care if I don't get tipped back by my neighbours. Why be so uptight about it? I've had times where I can't play for a few days or weeks and it's nice to know it all went on without me. Chill. I play by the 'pay it forward' ethos ... you always get tipped in the end :)

bocado
05-03-11, 02:52 PM
I'd like that! TeamLava!!!

moonshyn
06-11-11, 12:19 PM
It not anything I would get worked up over or worry about. Its just a game.

flowless
06-11-11, 01:08 PM
in RS ,BS i used to be very active tip all gift all
but i have a life outside the games
i cant keep up with all the games ( plus i hate the bouncing stars ) so iam active only in FS , till i have more time in my hand
so i gift every day , keep my tables full so no one would tip ( and feels as i collect tips but not tip back )

in FS am still very active and i have few nbrs who r zero but gift every day
so i keep them and gift them but i dont tip them
unless they are not playing any more empty store then i delete

what iam trying to say its a game to realx
those who gift gift them
those who tip tip them back
u may get bored and need to take a break or really busy at some point that i think u would appreciate having nbrs that would be fine with having only gifts

xSnowyOwlx
06-11-11, 02:55 PM
In Fashion Story, I currently have 149 neighbors. It took me 1 hour to like everyone who is 1 or higher on their rating scale so what it would take me 2 hours to like everyone.
How I'm going to fix this is by keeping track. I started today and if by next Friday a neighbor has yet to gift me or like me and I can see that they have a 0 rating and have not advanced in level from where I started checking they will be deleted.
I am not a lazy person, I just don't have hours of time just to spend tipping and gifting everyone individually. Some people have lives other than games on their iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches (also Droid devices, too) and we can't be on here 24/7.

xokay
06-11-11, 03:00 PM
I don't really understand why everyone is so passionate about this issue. I gift and never tip because after you get passed the low levels, tipping provides you with no significant increase in xp or coins. It's simply a waste of time. It's only beneficial in the very beginning of your game. On the other hand, gifting is always beneficial. There are often times between long recipes where your food has run out, and you need to used gifted food in order to get coins while you're waiting for your recipes to finish. I don't personally care to receive tips, in fact, I actually feel bad when I see I've been tipped, because I know that I have millions of coins in my games, and getting a few coins per tip doesn't add much to that sum of money. I feel bad that my neighbours have wasted their time tipping me when it isn't worth it for either of us. I have never deleted a neighbour, but I'm sure some of the passionate types like on here have deleted me. At the end of the day, it's just a game that I play in the little spare time I have with work, college and a social life.

Mogwai4111
06-11-11, 03:04 PM
^

If there was some way they could scale up the value of tips as you level up I'm sure there would be more tipping going on.

nima369
06-12-11, 09:52 AM
I think you r taking it way too serious! At least they send you a gift.

xSnowyOwlx
06-12-11, 05:25 PM
I think you r taking it way too serious! At least they send you a gift.

Everyone likes to play the way the want. I like to be good to my neighbors and be sure to give them extra coins which is why I tip and like and all that stuff when I can.

kooky panda
06-12-11, 05:39 PM
In Fashion Story, I currently have 149 neighbors. It took me 1 hour to like everyone who is 1 or higher on their rating scale so what it would take me 2 hours to like everyone.
How I'm going to fix this is by keeping track. I started today and if by next Friday a neighbor has yet to gift me or like me and I can see that they have a 0 rating and have not advanced in level from where I started checking they will be deleted.
I am not a lazy person, I just don't have hours of time just to spend tipping and gifting everyone individually. Some people have lives other than games on their iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches (also Droid devices, too) and we can't be on here 24/7.
I use to tip water etc on every gift I recd...but like u it takes alot of time.. I know my nbrs pretty good and now visit nbrs I know always come back.. Other nbrs that only play once or twice a week I accept gift and gift back.

When the non daily players post on my wall then I return..

If I know I will not have much time for the day I do not send out gifts.. I only return wall posts from my nbrs

About once a month I go down my list and delete nbrs less than 3 level and I have not seen for about a month.
Some ppl get mad when they find I delete them but I try to keep my nbrs around 50 per game and to add new nbrs I have to delete nbrs that are not playing.

CafeNatasha
06-12-11, 05:41 PM
My strategy is this. I gift everyone on my list in the morning. Then as I have time, I tip/water names on my feed first, then those who have gifted back, then from wall. The gift back and feeds work best for me as I generally return favour to those who have visited me.

If someone recd my gift but didn't visit, well, the gift didn't cost me anything. It's easier to gift in bulk then picking and choosing who to gift. I tip for all gifts I receive in return, even if I don't accept the gift. It's just like having a task list to keep me on a time management track. I don't go thru my neighbour lists because there just isn't time to visit when the nbr hasn't even bothered gifting back, or visiting as a result of receiving my gift. I'm up early, so it's very rare where they aren't all sent successfully.

I very rarely delete anyone though I'm not taking on new, as others have said, we all play differently.

I am the same way I have over 100 neighbors and it takes way took much time and battery life to tip all of my neigbores everyday but I gift all of my neighbors everyday . I tip back everyone in my news feed first then I usually try and tip everyone who has sent me a gift before I accept the gift

1shay1
06-12-11, 06:40 PM
I totally agree, I play this game as a way to wind down after work and I tip and gift faithfully, I've decided that like a business my neighbors are subject to turnover, I accept any invitation, but in 7 days if I see you keep molded food, you don't tip (star rating of 2 and below) and you don't gift, I quickly delete you and accept the next batch of neighbors :)

cowgal123
06-12-11, 08:14 PM
I dont think that if your neighbors don't tip that you should remove them. I have nearly 150 neighbors and send them all gifts, I rarely tip them because it just takes too much time. You have to open your neighbors, scroll through the list to find the next one, click on their restaurant to load then tip the 6 times say that takes just 15 seconds each that's almost 40 minutes for me and frankly I don't have the time or patience, don't be offended if your neighbors dont tip you at least they probably gift you which gives more money than a tip.

talyon
06-12-11, 08:29 PM
Even tipping 100 neighbors X 9 Story games is extremely time consuming, I now keep my neighbor count to 50 per story no exceptions. I only tip the ones that post on my wall no post no tip. You well get tipped if post. I send gifts to all daily. Main thing I agree with is it's really unnecessary to tip like etc after a certain lvl has been obtained. In actual fact all my stories are expanded to max and I don't need any tips etc or gifts etc. Or neighbors for that matter. I can still play game without any of it, but I do enjoy the interaction of company so I keep them. Lol

xxxxRACHxxxx
06-13-11, 06:52 AM
I just blanket anyone bellow a 3 star rating unless they actually did tip/like me, and I politely ask people to tip me back, after I have tipped and requested tips 3 times and no response I delete them.

xxxxRACHxxxx
06-13-11, 06:53 AM
I meant to say blank not blanket .... Blame my iPad

xokay
06-13-11, 09:12 AM
Can anyone tell me why tips matter to them so much when you barely notice any coin or xp after you level up past like levels 10-15? It's really insignificant and is kind of a waste of time for my neighbours to be tipping me when there's barely any noticeable increase.

kooky panda
06-13-11, 01:12 PM
Can anyone tell me why tips matter to them so much when you barely notice any coin or xp after you level up past like levels 10-15? It's really insignificant and is kind of a waste of time for my neighbours to be tipping me when there's barely any noticeable increase.

I think the problem is that you are sending out random gifts in the morning. When I get a gift from a nbr that usually tells me they are playing for the day so I take the time to go over tip and post on their wall, so they will come back to my place. (it is not so much the money/xps but the social aspect of the game).
That is probably why your nbrs are coming over.

I have had some nbrs come and tell me that they will only be sending gifts and not tipping, watering etc... they also state that if I want to delete them, no worries.

I then make a decision if I want to keep them or not.

I also have nbrs that are not playing like I am, and when I delete them, they get really mad and all the drama starts.

The best thing for everyone is to try and find nbrs that play like you do. I have seen some threads started from ppl that are looking for nbrs that only gift and do not want to tip or get tipped
back. You may want to try and search some of these ppl out.

driftboutique
06-13-11, 01:25 PM

I'm in the 40-50 range on most of the games and aside from farm, the money I get from tips is really helpful to me. Maybe if you don't have a lot of tables/racks, or if you only collect once a day, it's not a big deal. I have large shops and collect as often as I can, so the cash adds up.

xSnowyOwlx
06-13-11, 01:36 PM
I agree with you, driftboutique. Fashion Story in particular I need the extra coins from the likes. I also think it adds to the social aspect. I no longer gift my friend in real life on her birthday or Christmas because I spent 5 years doing that and never got a gift back so I just send her a message on Facebook and a card. The same thing goes in this game, I like those who have liked me back and I gift everyone right now because I hate going through and seeing all those empty check boxes so I just gift everyone.

Rachael98
06-13-11, 02:27 PM
I just blanket anyone bellow a 3 star rating unless they actually did tip/like me, and I politely ask people to tip me back, after I have tipped and requested tips 3 times and no response I delete them.

I like your user name:p

I don't ask people to tip back. However, I only play one TL game regularly at a time (currently BS) and, when I neighbour someone, I make it very clear what I expect. I'm a 4* daily tipping, daily gifting player and I always leave a message. However, my neighbours must be 3* plus, daily tippers and daily gifters. They know the drill. If they drop below those standards, they get 10 days to correct (I allow for broken phones) etc. or they get deleted.
This way, I keep down to a relatively small, dedicated band of neighbours who I can get to know fairly well; that's what I like to do.

MissCeara
06-14-11, 08:12 PM

At higher levels, it's the experience that is most desired from the tips. Say, for example, player X has 200 neighbors who all tip, and enough tables and/or frequent clearing to be able to receive all those tips. That's an extra 1200 XP per day right there. It doesn't seem like much while just collecting tips here and there in the short term, but when done on a large scale, it's an exponential gain in the long term.

That 1200 extra XP a day is equivalent to what you would get from making making 300 batches of brownies, or about 8 red velvet cakes. In a week, that's 8400 extra XP, or the equivalent of 2100 batches of brownies, or 53 red velvet cakes. Thats a nice chunk of "free" XP on top of your normal baking! If you add that up over 6 months, it's easy to see why some folks with extremely large neighbor lists and a lot of tables (or the ability to clear often) level up much faster than their comrades. Those who pull in significantly more tips than my example above will see an astounding gain over time. And at higher levels, where the XP required to level is increasingly large, every little bit counts!

Another example: I have sonic ovens and mixers. I cook 20% faster, therefore I should theoretically level 20% faster. I have a good friend who is neck-in-neck with me in levels. We typically level on the same day. She has standard ovens. She levels at least as fast as me and, recently, even faster. I even cook primarily the higher XP gain foods. But she's got a good lead on me. The difference? She pulls in significantly more tips. Her extra tips compensated for my 20% faster cooking, and then some! That's a pretty powerful thing! :D

Hope that this helps to explain why many higher level players are extremely interested in tips still, though not necessarily gifts. Money isn't needed -- it's the incremental XP boost. :)

Edited to add:
There are some 96s on Fashion Story already. Granted, they may have many extra order slots and make the high XP/hour clothing orders regularly, but I do notice that the very fast levelers have two things in common: tons of racks for tips, and they spend a good bit of time each day tipping not only their neighbors, but the community members, hence generating a lot of tip backs. :)

xokay
06-15-11, 05:14 AM
At higher levels, it's the experience that is most desired from the tips. Say, for example, player X has 200 neighbors who all tip, and enough tables and/or frequent clearing to be able to receive all those tips. That's an extra 1200 XP per day right there. It doesn't seem like much while just collecting tips here and there in the short term, but when done on a large scale, it's an exponential gain in the long term.

That 1200 extra XP a day is equivalent to what you would get from making making 300 batches of brownies, or about 8 red velvet cakes. In a week, that's 8400 extra XP, or the equivalent of 2100 batches of brownies, or 53 red velvet cakes. Thats a nice chunk of "free" XP on top of your normal baking! If you add that up over 6 months, it's easy to see why some folks with extremely large neighbor lists and a lot of tables (or the ability to clear often) level up much faster than their comrades. Those who pull in significantly more tips than my example above will see an astounding gain over time. And at higher levels, where the XP required to level is increasingly large, every little bit counts!

Another example: I have sonic ovens and mixers. I cook 20% faster, therefore I should theoretically level 20% faster. I have a good friend who is neck-in-neck with me in levels. We typically level on the same day. She has standard ovens. She levels at least as fast as me and, recently, even faster. I even cook primarily the higher XP gain foods. But she's got a good lead on me. The difference? She pulls in significantly more tips. Her extra tips compensated for my 20% faster cooking, and then some! That's a pretty powerful thing! :D

Hope that this helps to explain why many higher level players are extremely interested in tips still, though not necessarily gifts. Money isn't needed -- it's the incremental XP boost. :)

Edited to add:
There are some 96s on Fashion Story already. Granted, they may have many extra order slots and make the high XP/hour clothing orders regularly, but I do notice that the very fast levelers have two things in common: tons of racks for tips, and they spend a good bit of time each day tipping not only their neighbors, but the community members, hence generating a lot of tip backs. :)

Good post! Finally it's becoming clear. I used to tip all of my neighbours every day when I first started playing, but that was when I had a lot of free time. I just don't have time to tip all these people in every game. But I do still gift every day, and tip when I can. I guess a part of me enjoys taking longer to level up, because then I know I'm not reaching the end of the game so quickly. But anyway, thanks for the reply!

MissCeara
06-15-11, 01:50 PM
Good post! Finally it's becoming clear. I used to tip all of my neighbours every day when I first started playing, but that was when I had a lot of free time. I just don't have time to tip all these people in every game. But I do still gift every day, and tip when I can. I guess a part of me enjoys taking longer to level up, because then I know I'm not reaching the end of the game so quickly. But anyway, thanks for the reply!

I don't have the time either. I used to do exactly as you did, tip every single neighbor in 5 games every day. Now I am down to 4 games (lol - I was down to 2, then I somehow felt inclined to pick RS and Farm back up) and I only tip back my wall and my gifts (plus I will go tip my few favorites, regardless of whether I've heard from them). I am not concerned with how many tips I receive. All I want is a good balance between these games and the things that really matter -- like my husband, or taking care of things that I would have put off if I were still tipping and leaving messages for hundreds upon hundreds of people a day.

And then, when you do that, you get into a terrible loop of never-ending work because all those tip messages encourage more non-neighbor walk-ins who you have to tip back. Then those tip-back messages catch the eye of even MORE non-neighbor walk-ins who you have to tip back. It eventually became a completely endless out-of-control black hole of tipping and tipping back, literally from morning until night. Things had to change! Hence now, as I mentioned, I stick to tip-backs only: wall and gifts. And on very busy days, or if I am not feeling well, I may only visit neighbors that day, regardless of who posts on my wall. I have to be practical and draw the line somewhere. While I really enjoy these games and the lovely people I have met, I also need to try to maintain perspective and keep my priorities straight.

Anyhow, as for the original question of why some people gift but not tip -- it could be that they're like me. I gift all neighbors in all games in the morning. As I have time throughout the day, I tip back my wall and the gifts that I have received. I decline the 20th gift all day long so that I do not miss a chance to leave a thank you tip. Still, I have a small handful of neighbors who never gift me, nor do they ever tip me. (I've even tried checking the news feed periodically.) So if I (a.) don't have you on my wall and (b.) you haven't sent me a gift, then you'd just be getting a gift from me, but not a tip. :)

It may not be the best way to be a neighbor, but it's the best way for me to enjoy these games as games, not a second job.

kooky panda
06-15-11, 02:37 PM
I don't have the time either. I used to do exactly as you did, tip every single neighbor in 5 games every day. Now I am down to 4 games (lol - I was down to 2, then I somehow felt inclined to pick RS and Farm back up) and I only tip back my wall and my gifts (plus I will go tip my few favorites, regardless of whether I've heard from them). I am not concerned with how many tips I receive. All I want is a good balance between these games and the things that really matter -- like my husband, or taking care of things that I would have put off if I were still tipping and leaving messages for hundreds upon hundreds of people a day.

And then, when you do that, you get into a terrible loop of never-ending work because all those tip messages encourage more non-neighbor walk-ins who you have to tip back. Then those tip-back messages catch the eye of even MORE non-neighbor walk-ins who you have to tip back. It eventually became a completely endless out-of-control black hole of tipping and tipping back, literally from morning until night. Things had to change! Hence now, as I mentioned, I stick to tip-backs only: wall and gifts. And on very busy days, or if I am not feeling well, I may only visit neighbors that day, regardless of who posts on my wall. I have to be practical and draw the line somewhere. While I really enjoy these games and the lovely people I have met, I also need to try to maintain perspective and keep my priorities straight.

Anyhow, as for the original question of why some people gift but not tip -- it could be that they're like me. I gift all neighbors in all games in the morning. As I have time throughout the day, I tip back my wall and the gifts that I have received. I decline the 20th gift all day long so that I do not miss a chance to leave a thank you tip. Still, I have a small handful of neighbors who never gift me, nor do they ever tip me. (I've even tried checking the news feed periodically.) So if I (a.) don't have you on my wall and (b.) you haven't sent me a gift, then you'd just be getting a gift from me, but not a tip. :)

It may not be the best way to be a neighbor, but it's the best way for me to enjoy these games as games, not a second job.

I agree with your method. to me returning the wall post of my nbrs is my first priority. Sending gifts is easy and fast, but when a nbr takes the time to visit me and takes that extra time to post on my wall, I feel they deserve my attention first. I then try and return all my gifts to the nbrs that I know will come back for the day.
I remember with the first game, farm story I had 200 nbrs and hit everyone everyday, but with all the games out now... that is impossible.

JDFashionEmail
10-01-12, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone... I wanted to see what you all thought about those neighbors that seem to always send you a gift but NEVER leaves a tip.

I tip all my neighbors their full 6 and send a gift everyday. Sometimes they don't get my gift because they already got their 20 gifts for the day.

It seems I have some lazy neighbors that just send all their neighbors gifts at the same time but never bothers to take the time and visit each of their neighbors to tip them

I'm deciding whether to remove these neighbors from my list. What do you think?

Yes, I have deleted some of those neighbors of mine that don't tip. They can't even be bothered GIFTING, so obviously, they wouldn't tip as well. It just makes me frustrated so I just delete them. You know it takes me 2 hours per day to tip and gift them but they never do it back. Very frustrating. Delete them if you like, but I strongly recommend you do. Does that help?

mattyboo1
10-01-12, 06:20 PM
It is hard to gift 1500 restaurant story neighbors so I need a select all button and I DO mean restaurant story NOT bakery story

dernhelm
10-01-12, 07:30 PM
Wow! You have 1500 neighbors! Is that the limit?

hentie2
10-02-12, 02:32 PM
Everyone can only recieve 20 gifts a day so if you accept the first 20 from then all your other neighbours above and beyond those 20 cannot gift but have proberbly tried too though!

It also depends on where your neighbours live in the world different time zones means they may send gifts out at a different time to you! For some countries the Team lava day trip over may occur in the middle of the night when they are asleep! I'm in the UK so 8am is the time when Team Lava day trips over for me so i gift and did tip those who i can before i go to work!

I have 34 neighbours so for me when i gift before 9am UK time at least 3 will already be maxed on gifts!

If I accepted the first 20 I would maxed with gifts by 2pm UK time so any neighbours I have from America Texas will not be able to gift me unless i decline some throughout the morning otherwise they don't get chance to gift me:(

Tipping has its own problems as often I turn up to tip my neighbours they are full I leave a full message and call back later when I finish work to try again!

Some people only like to visit once a day so they may have tried to tip you but you were full at that time! And if they dont leave you a message you wouldn't know they had actually tried!

Time zones play apart too! if they have gone to bed and not cleared their tables you cannot tip them! then when they do clear their tables you have proberbly gone to bed so you still haven't managed to tip them!

I call on my neighbours daily if they have rotten food on their appliancepoor a couple of weeks along with full tables and loads of messages saying full and they haven't told me their taking a break I can pretty much conclude they are not playing! I usually stop gifting and tipping for a couple of more weeks before deleting!

soclassymom
10-03-12, 02:16 AM
I prefer gifts , I don't care about tips but I do return tipping who visits me and i try to keep my star rating "3"

Quimbly
10-11-12, 10:20 PM
I am very strict about tipping. I posted a message on my wall that asks players not to request that I add them if they do not tip daily. That has helped me a lot because I now only have neighbors that play exactly as I do. The only time I will keep a neighbor with a star rating less than 3 is if they are a lower-level player and may not have had the chance to build up their rating. I definitely suggest posting a message on your wall to let people know what type of neighbors you are looking for.

L_Razz79
01-26-13, 08:35 PM
Hi all, new to this forum. I was gonna say that I hate that too, when I have a ton of neighbors and then they never help me out (won't gift or tip). I get that people have lives or get disinterested in games after a while, but seems some are all too eager to add me as a neighbor, but then never help me out (even tho I gift and tip them regularly). So I also purge my neighbors after a while if they never play or never gift me back.