PDA

View Full Version : How to get back to previous version?

Frau Mimi
03-13-11, 12:00 PM
I was foolish enough to do the Farm Story-update.
Is there any chance to get back the previous version of the game, that worked well?

Frau Mimi

Jena-Auerstadt
03-13-11, 12:44 PM
I quite agree -- I don't like the changes that this "update" provides. I could do without the garish "Expand" and arrows at the lower margins of the planting area, and they've gotten rid of the blue-water rice paddies, which was one of the most attractive features of the earlier version! If there's a way to "downgrade" to the earlier version, I'd sure like to know what it is!

Unregistered
03-13-11, 03:20 PM
I was foolish enough to do the Farm Story-update.
Is there any chance to get back the previous version of the game, that worked well?

Frau Mimi

the 1.6.1 version should still be in your Trash on your Mac, unless you've emptied the trash......
If you,ve still got it simply remove the new 1.7 version from the 'Mobile Applications" folder in your iTunes folder & also delete the new 1.7 from your iDevice (you will bbe prompted to transfer the 1.7 v to iTunes but don't). Place the old 1.6.1 version in the Mobile Appliactions folder, so that next time you do a sync you can add FS via the list of Apps.

Frau Mimi
03-13-11, 03:57 PM
I have no trash, no itunes, no Mac, no Windows. I use Linux.
And I am very angry that Team Lava stole my joy at this realy nice game.
I know, they don't care about their users frustrations. They took my money (2 itunes-cards I got for christmas, and I was so silly to spend them for Farm Story) and that's all they want.

Frau Mimi

Unregistered
03-14-11, 12:48 PM
the 1.6.1 version should still be in your Trash on your Mac, unless you've emptied the trash......
If you,ve still got it simply remove the new 1.7 version from the 'Mobile Applications" folder in your iTunes folder & also delete the new 1.7 from your iDevice (you will bbe prompted to transfer the 1.7 v to iTunes but don't). Place the old 1.6.1 version in the Mobile Appliactions folder, so that next time you do a sync you can add FS via the list of Apps.

By deleting from the device and reinstating the old version do you know if you stay at the same level and keep the gems? Really want to get rid of the up-date especially as there is a thread from Apple saying that the update may damage the device! Maybe when there is a proper update with new items I will try again (if I can get back to the old version that is!)

Any help ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Unregistered
03-14-11, 01:25 PM
By deleting from the device and reinstating the old version do you know if you stay at the same level and keep the gems? Really want to get rid of the up-date especially as there is a thread from Apple saying that the update may damage the device! Maybe when there is a proper update with new items I will try again (if I can get back to the old version that is!)

Thanks

I've just come from the apple forum, and did an advanced search based on your claim that apple forum advises updating these games could damage device.

I found no such thread. Could you please provide a link to this claim in the apple community threads. Thanks.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 04:14 PM
I've just come from the apple forum, and did an advanced search based on your claim that apple forum advises updating these games could damage device.

found no such thread. Could you please provide a link to this claim in the apple community threads. Thanks.

found it when looking on the "todays posts" on the team lava forum. Hopefully it is wrong although wld still like to go back to the previous farm story.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 04:18 PM
found it when looking on the "todays posts" on the team lava forum. Hopefully it is wrong although wld still like to go back to the previous farm story.

Below is the quote from "todays post"

I have a neighbor that spoke with Apple this morning, and they told her that the new version of FS has many conflicts, will corrupt your device (namely iPad and iTouch), and eventually ruining it. It will start acting like a corrupt computer does with lots of errors. Apple highly recommends deletimg the app!  Don't know if Apple plans to contact Team Lava or not.

Just thought it smart to spread the word now versus later when everyone's device starts having issues. Not sure what I'm going to do. This iPhone 4 was expensive...not sure any game is worth having to buy a new phone. Bummed...

Unregistered
03-14-11, 06:44 PM
I too want to delete the update!! DO NOT LIKE IT!!!!!!!

Unregistered
03-14-11, 06:55 PM
Below is the quote from "todays post"

Obviously an unsubstantiated and malicious rumor. The update is still available in the app store, and there is NOTHING in the Apple community about this. If any of it were true, Apple would've removed the update from iTunes, dontcha think? As it's still in my updates list, just goes to show the poster starting, and continuing the rumor, are trolls and jerks.

Unregistered
03-15-11, 12:49 AM
Obviously an unsubstantiated and malicious rumor. The update is still available in the app store, and there is NOTHING in the Apple community about this. If any of it were true, Apple would've removed the update from iTunes, dontcha think? As it's still in my updates list, just goes to show the poster starting, and continuing the rumor, are trolls and jerks.

It will be good when registration to the forum is compulsory so that rude, offensive and stupid comments such as this cannot be left. This thread was for reinstating the old version of farm story which has not been adressed.

If someone has heard something even if it is a rumour then others should be made aware and make their own choices.

Unregistered
03-15-11, 07:37 AM
I am not happy with the update. I've spent alot of time on farm story and now I don't like it too much. It's very sketchy and slow. We need to get the previous one back seriously !! I've deleted my trash so there's no way I can get it back. *****GIVE US BACK THE OLD APP *****

Unregistered
03-15-11, 08:11 AM
we spend forever waiting for an update to these games and when TL finally puts one out its a complete [edit] . you guys are the worst, do you even test anything? do you have any pride in your work or is this just a cash grab?

Unregistered
03-15-11, 12:14 PM

Thanks

Rather than make silly comments about whether the new version corrupts devices or not I can say that for all those unhappy people like myself who updated Farm Story I am happy to say that I have restored it back to the previous version.

The old version of Farm Story was on my computer. I deleted it from the Ipad and then connected it to the computer and copied it over. With fingers crossed I opened Farm Story and to my delight not only was the old version back, with rice water, but all the data was there as well - no items or gems lost.

I will certainly think very carefully before updating again as I was very disappointed with the new features as it seems a lot of other people are. For me, the old version works fine.

I hope that this helps other people - happy farming!!

Unregistered
03-15-11, 11:55 PM
Rather than make silly comments about whether the new version corrupts devices or not I can say that for all those unhappy people like myself who updated Farm Story I am happy to say that I have restored it back to the previous version.

The old version of Farm Story was on my computer. I deleted it from the Ipad and then connected it to the computer and copied it over. With fingers crossed I opened Farm Story and to my delight not only was the old version back, with rice water, but all the data was there as well - no items or gems lost.

I will certainly think very carefully before updating again as I was very disappointed with the new features as it seems a lot of other people are. For me, the old version works fine.

I'm using an Ipod Touch and a windows pc/laptop. How do I go back to the old version? Help?!?!

Unregistered
03-16-11, 12:08 AM
I'm using an Ipod Touch and a windows pc/laptop. How do I go back to the old version? Help?!?!

PS - I can do a Restore, as I backed up right before synching. But will I lose the games? Gems? Bucks? etc???

Unregistered
03-16-11, 02:15 PM
I hate the new collecting the stars! It now takes me 2x longer! You guys had an awesome game and I'm all for improvement, but u went backwards! Add more crops like herbs add a plow so we can plow more than one square. Make things better this app has crashed on me 10x + today. I want my old app!

Unregistered
03-17-11, 03:00 AM
I hate the new collecting the stars! It now takes me 2x longer! You guys had an awesome game and I'm all for improvement, but u went backwards! Add more crops like herbs add a plow so we can plow more than one square. Make things better this app has crashed on me 10x + today. I want my old app!

Hear hear. I don't think I've ever seen a request for expansion arrows/quests! As far as I can see players want new crops, deorations, animals, a plow button and gem rewards for earning money. Is this ever going to happen?

Unregistered
03-18-11, 02:52 AM
Steps to reinstall.
The old version should be in your recycle bin. Previous version file name is: Farm Story2

Goto music\iTunes\iTunes Media\mobile applications
Delete Farm Story 1.7.4.

Goto recycle bin, right click on file: Farm Story2 and choose Restore.
This will transfer the previous file to Mobile Applications.

Open iTunes. Goto your Library\ Apps
Right click on Farm Story icon. There should be a error message, saying that file/ app is missing. Now you have create link to icon to restored Farm Story 2 file.

Once that is done. Delete the app on the iPad/iPhone by pressing on the icon. Press the black X.

Now synch iPad/ iPhone with computer. Easy. All the gold/ gem. exp are the same. And the messages too

Unregistered
03-19-11, 09:26 AM
It does work!
Thanks a lot!
I'm surprised at support's team told me there was no solution to get back to the previous version.
Thanks again!

Unregistered
03-19-11, 05:25 PM
I do not have a Farm Story2 in my recycle bin. I have:
2 different Farm Story
Farm Story versions: 1.2, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.6.1

version 1.6.1 shows deleted March 15 so I'm guessing that one is it. ?? But it's only 9.33MB.

Help?

Steps to reinstall.
The old version should be in your recycle bin. Previous version file name is: Farm Story2

Delete Farm Story 1.7.4.

Right click on Farm Story icon. There should be a error message, saying that file/ app is missing. Now you have create link to icon to restored Farm Story 2 file.

Once that is done. Delete the app on the iPad/iPhone by pressing on the icon. Press the black X.

Now synch iPad/ iPhone with computer. Easy. All the gold/ gem. exp are the same. And the messages too

Unregistered
03-19-11, 08:39 PM
Steps to reinstall.

Delete Farm Story 1.7.4.

I did it! With a little help from my daughter. I play on an Ipod and with my computer fired up and ready to go, I restored the 'old' version of FS from my recycle bin - deleted the stupid 'new' version that they forced on us - synced my device and I'm good to go.

It's a little glitchy yet - but watering is much smoother and easier and no irritating comic stars! All my gems carried over, all my messages, my crops - everything.

Thanks Team Lava for nothing! Take a cute little game that I really enjoy playing and ruin it with an upgrade. Way to go!

Unregistered
03-19-11, 10:41 PM
Was it 1.7.3? or just Farm Story 1? do you remember the version?

I did it! With a little help from my daughter. I play on an Ipod and with my computer fired up and ready to go, I restored the 'old' version of FS from my recycle bin - deleted the stupid 'new' version that they forced on us - synced my device and I'm good to go.

It's a little glitchy yet - but watering is much smoother and easier and no irritating comic stars! All my gems carried over, all my messages, my crops - everything.

Thanks Team Lava for nothing! Take a cute little game that I really enjoy playing and ruin it with an upgrade. Way to go!

Unregistered
03-20-11, 07:14 PM
Was it 1.7.3? or just Farm Story 1? do you remember the version?

I'm now running Farm Story Summer. One thing I did notice was that my storage did not transfer over. I reinstalled the new FS version (the crappy one) - and my items are all still there, but I'm playing on FS Summer. What a pain.

Donnahh
03-21-11, 03:12 AM
I just looked and my Farm story on my iTunes is 1.6.1

I don't want to restore tho, nothing really irritates me that much and the game runs smooth for me ...

dysng
03-25-11, 04:12 AM
Nice to see my instructions were helpful!
Makes me feel all warm & fuzzy!
To answer your question, the latest verision of Farm Story is 1.7.4

This is latest update, that many players do not like due to performance issues.
There are many different versions of Farm Story due to the constant updates, and if you have been updating when
"required" at regular basis

Check your latest Farm Story file in Recycle Bin, it should be time stamped after 13th March 2011. This is the previous version, you should re-install.

Hope this answer your questions. 

dragunlady
05-23-11, 08:26 PM

I want to do the exact same thing! I have the new version on my iTouch, but the old still on my computer and iTunes. How exactly do I copy the old version from my computer to my iTouch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

dragunlady
05-23-11, 08:28 PM

How exactly do I copy the file from my computer to my iTouch? I want to do the same thing! Thanks!