PDA

View Full Version : Possibly silly question about "travel"

StefaninaFla
02-25-17, 10:31 PM
When I visit some neighbors I see and icon labels travel that takes me to a different land. What is this?

FireballFarm
02-26-17, 12:12 AM
It's the Arctic Isles and it's only available on iOS.

Basically, the Arctic was going to be a new land area with new, different types of dragons. After the trial period on iOS, it was supposed to be implemented for Android, too, but S8 abandonded the idea midstream. This all happened about 2(? maybe a little more) years ago.

Edit: I have no idea how the blushing smiley face got to the top of the post? I cannot figure out how to get rid of it, either. Must be sorcery (or possibly my fat fingers).

Edit KP- I removed for you. When you make a post go to "advanced" down at the bottom are Post Icons. You can pick one to use, or pick "no icon" .

[S8] Elsa
02-26-17, 10:32 AM
Just wanted to add that it's not available on Android out of love. It's a super buggy legacy feature. ;(

Moonyju
02-28-17, 12:40 PM
If it's so buggy and legacy, why not scrap it on ios as well instead of letting them get double the leader board points from it

... or at least adjust milestones and goals for iOS to take into account that they get points from the Arctic Isles for Leaderboard and World Events. Or make it so there are no points to earn from Arctic Isles for those events. ;)

I do enjoy taking a peek at my neighbours Arctic dragons though!

JustKay
02-28-17, 04:07 PM
... or at least adjust milestones and goals for iOS to take into account that they get points from the Arctic Isles for Leaderboard and World Events. Or make it so there are no points to earn from Arctic Isles for those events. ;)

I do enjoy taking a peek at my neighbours Arctic dragons though!

I'd enjoy it more if they didn't have the very low habitat limit and no access to your full storage. There's only space for one of each type of dragon so at a certain point everyone will have the exact same Arctic Island with one of each dragon, leveled up to Epic. If they bumped up the habitat limit and let you access decorations from both your islands then at least the Arctic Isle could be a second canvas, even if they never release any new Arctic dragons. people could leave different messages and there would be an incentive to actually clear all the land in the Arctic Isle.

kooky panda
03-02-17, 09:50 AM
Original question has been answered. Closing thread.