PDA

View Full Version : Random neighbor requests

StefaninaFla
02-23-17, 09:41 PM
Both my mom & I have been trying to figure out how they are making the requests, since the island name is not the Storm8 ID. I did post in an add me thread back last October. Is that the likely source, or is there another way I don't know about yet?

JustKay
02-23-17, 10:31 PM
Both my mom & I have been trying to figure out how they are making the requests, since the island name is not the Storm8 ID. I did post in an add me thread back last October. Is that the likely source, or is there another way I don't know about yet?

There is a new feature in a recent release (that was copied off Fantasy Forest Story) where an icon appears when you visit someone that lets you send an invite to the island you visited. Visitors can send you an invite without knowing your ID. There should also be a new setting on the game settings page that allows you to disable showing the icon for your island... IF you have updated to the new version also.

I believe there may be an issue where you cannot disable the icon if the other player is on a new version but you are on an older version without the new settings, or possible on Android where the feature may not yet be implemented. Frankly, they should have defaulted it to no, and let people opt in when they update to the new version.