PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras County Fair - Feb 23, 2017 (iOS only)

FunkyJM
02-23-17, 03:51 PM
Mardi Gras County Fair Minimum level is 14 for participation. iOS only. This is a Fair Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.
Any buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

The gator comes with a free habitat - Backwoods Bayou. :)
A new event has started with an Mardi Gras Gator (a pet) as grand prize. Good luck all & enjoy!

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8066.png

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8067.png

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8069.png

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484

Getting Started
This is a 10 days event. Day 1 starts when you click start. Subsequent days start at game reset time, midnight California time. Complete all 10 days to win the Grand Prize.

Event Prizes
Your event prizes may vary according to farm levels.

Day 1 requires 75 gems - Mardi Gras Cow (it's a skin for your cows)
Day 2 requires 150 gems - Coins
Day 3 requires 200 gems - Mardi Gras Chicken (it's a skin for your chickens)
Day 4 requires 250 gems - Pet Food
Day 5 requires 250 gems - Barn Upgrade Kit (paints, screws, bricks)
Day 6 requires 300 gems - Mardi Gras Pig (it's a skin for your pigs)
Day 7 requires 300 gems - Mardi Gras Path
Day 8 requires 400 gems - Mardi Gras Sheep (it's a skin for your sheeps)
Day 9 requires 501 gems - Mardi Gras Deco Pack (a Feather Stand, Bourbon Street Lamp and Balloons; 1 each)
Day 10 requires 600 gems - Mardi Gras Gator (a exclusive pet. Comes with its habitat: Backwoods Bayou)
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar upon completion of each goal day.

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8068.png

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/FS2%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8080.png
Goals
Goal 1 of 3, Mardi Gras Mayhem
Task: Win the Mardi Gras Cow in th Country Fair by filling up orders to get the day 1 prize
Rewards:720 coins, 550 experience

Goal 2 of 3, Mardi Gras Mayhem
Task: Win the Mardi Gras Chicken in the County Fair by filling up orders to get the day 3 prize
Rewards: 1,080 coins, 770 experience

Goal 3 of 3, Mardi Gras Mayhem
Task: Win the Mardi Gras Pig in the County Fair by filling up orders to get the day 6 prize
Rewards: 1,450 coins, 990 experience

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8073.png

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8074.png

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/FS2%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8108.png
Side Goal (It's not a must to do this Side Goal to get the Grand Prize)
A Float of Fancy
Task: Get a Mardi Gras Mask Float from the Market (cost 100 gems, 2X2 space)
Rewards: 720 coins, 550 experience
The Mardi Gras Gnome appears on every iOS farm but the Mardi Gras Mask Float will make the Mardi Gras Gnome to appear more frequently, every 5 minutes.

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8072.png
What can you get from the Mardi Gras Gnome:
- gem / dart / balloon ticket / 100 coins / biscuit / cornbread / cheese/ quiche
https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/FS2%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8078.png
Event Boosts
Refer to Guidelines for Fair Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484) on how event boosts work.
The 2 event boosts are called Queen of Mardi Gras and King of Mardi Gras

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8070.png

https://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/FunkyJMM/Farm%20Story%202%20Events/Mardi%20Gras%20County%20Fair%20-%20Feb%2023%202017/IMG_8071.png

Rynetory2
02-23-17, 08:37 PM
Wow love the new look of the farm animals all decked in their Mardi Gras fancies! :D Hmmmm an aligator.... looks like I better keep my chickens and rabbits safely away from it. ;)

@FunkyJM - Thanks for updating the event info for us.

darkmornings
02-24-17, 06:50 AM
I have been able to do the first 2 days very easily. I also love the Mardi Gras theme. It's just so cheerful! I can't wait to paint all of my pets and from the picture I think the chickens are my favorites. The alligator is cute too. Does anyone's know if that pond is a new habitat or just one that I haven't needed yet?

FunkyJM
02-24-17, 10:21 AM
@FunkyJM - Thanks for updating the event info for us.
You are very welcome sweet :)

Good one Darkmornings. Didn't think of it yet but you might be right, that the pond will be the habitat of the Gator :D

Hehe, I also love the theme and colors. I must say, I can't choose which pet skin I like the most. I like them all :o

S8: Possible we all get the Mardi Gras Ticket Booth after the event, as a gift? ;)
Ps, the mask on the ticket booth is sideways now. Can't see it.

MarshHen
02-24-17, 10:42 AM
I purchased the Mask Float for 100 gems and it's not working can you help me ??
storm8 ID is MarshHen. Farm name is Bella

FunkyJM
02-24-17, 10:49 AM
I purchased the Mask Float for 100 gems and it's not working can you help me ??
storm8 ID is MarshHen. Farm name is Bella

Hi MarshHen :)

Sorry to hear it's not working (?)
The Mardi Gras Mask Float is only to make the Mardi Gras Gnome to appear more frequently on your farm for you to pop it (every 5 minutes). Look around well on the free spots on your farm cause the Mardi Gras Gnome appears on free spots.
Hope this will help you out.

Update: oh, a Mardi Gras Gnome just appeared in front of my Otter Oasis :o

Update: I see we can store the Mardi Gras Mask Float. Perhaps store it and bring it back out might help?

kindefarm1890
02-24-17, 11:51 AM
Storm8 - Any chance that you will allow us to purchase the Mardi Gras Gnome as a decoration?

xenu8
02-24-17, 02:56 PM
I want to buy the gnome too, he is adorable.

Warning: I bought 3 of the MG tiles and put them in storage but then only one showed up in storage, now I am afraid to buy anymore to put in storage...

Rynetory2
02-25-17, 01:31 AM
Goal 3 of 3, Mardi Gras Mayhem
Task: Win the Mardi Gras Pig in the County Fair
REWARDS: 1,450 coins, 990 experience

darkmornings
02-25-17, 04:37 AM
I was wondering about day 9. The description says that we will get paint for a few of our buildings. Well, it says fall paint and that can't be right? The picture shows decorations. Does anyone know?

It's still to early to tell but, maybe pigs will be my favorite. I was wrong about the chickens. I got them and the colorful feathers are on there heads. I thought that they were going to be chickens dressed as peacocks or something like that.

FunkyJM
02-25-17, 05:03 AM
I was wondering about day 9. The description says that we will get paint for a few of our buildings. Well, it says fall paint and that can't be right? The picture shows decorations. Does anyone know?
Hehe, just saw it :D Must be a mistake, calling it Fall items.

jed1066
02-25-17, 03:03 PM
Hi
Does anybody know if the gator comes with its own habitat , can't seem to see it in the market .
the gator is in the market waiting to be unlocked .
Thankyou in advance

darkmornings
02-25-17, 03:16 PM
I don't think it will come with its own habitat. We will probably be able to get it with in game gold when it becomes necessary if not before. I'm just guessing.

Natmb79
02-28-17, 04:26 PM
Hello everyone. I have a question. It says day 8 is sheep skins but my son's game shows dynamite. He's level 15. Sheep are unlocked at level 16. If he gets the sheep before day 8 will he be able to get the sheep skins?

Rynetory2
02-28-17, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone. I have a question. It says day 8 is sheep skins but my son's game shows dynamite. He's level 15. Sheep are unlocked at level 16. If he gets the sheep before day 8 will he be able to get the sheep skins?

The prizes are determined by your farm level at the beginning of the event. I'm afraid levelling up during which will not change that. The prizes vary according to farm levels. Because your farm isn't qualified for sheep, therefore the prize is substituted to something of use to you. Hope this clarifies. Hope you get your gator! Good luck!

grameys
02-28-17, 09:16 PM
when i collect from my pets clovers start falling from the sky.. whats up with that?

Natmb79
02-28-17, 09:43 PM
Rynetory2, Thanks for the reply. Now I don't have to try so hard to level up and earn the rest of the money for them. I can focus on the event. I hope you get a gator too.

Mamatampa
03-01-17, 10:42 AM
No discussions for this event! Is anyone going after the gator? I have to try....living in Florida means gators in the yard!

darkmornings
03-01-17, 01:27 PM
I am trying for the gator. I'm very excited to see the sheep tomorrow. I'm also curious to see what we get on day 9 since the descriptions is pretty confusing. The picture doesn't quite match the words. I was worrying today that I would get only 1 path but, I actually got 8.:)

I've also been trying to get my animals to drop clovers from the sky all day. Nothing for me. Maybe it's a sneak preview of something to come for St Patrick's.

Mamatampa
03-01-17, 02:08 PM
I am trying for the gator. I'm very excited to see the sheep tomorrow. I'm also curious to see what we get on day 9 since the descriptions is pretty confusing. The picture doesn't quite match the words. I was worrying today that I would get only 1 path but, I actually got 8.:)

I've also been trying to get my animals to drop clovers from the sky all day. Nothing for me. Maybe it's a sneak preview of something to come for St Patrick's.I have not seen any clovers yet either..probably a foreshadowing of St. P event like you said.

fertycatz
03-01-17, 02:19 PM
Anyone else having a problem with the darts the gnome drops not showing up in the treehouse game? I've actually won 5 or 6, but only 3 have actually appeared for me to use. A bit annoying! 🙀

baseball_boy
03-01-17, 04:30 PM
Anyone else having a problem with the darts the gnome drops not showing up in the treehouse game? I've actually won 5 or 6, but only 3 have actually appeared for me to use. A bit annoying! ��

I have won 2 or 3 with him and none have shown up

baseball_boy
03-01-17, 04:32 PM
This game is no longer any fun. I have turned in tons of this [] for the daily items and now I only get about 3% for items that have 2 flowers. Wth?! If this game ended tomorrow I could care less. I only play because of neighbor's.

driver1711
03-01-17, 04:35 PM
I have won 2 or 3 with him and none have shown upI think the issue is that you may not have played the 3 given each day and when you get one of those from the gnome it is lost. Any you get after playing the 3 free ones will show up. Another thought is that I have been watching my video for the tree house instead of getting a pink ticket. I assume one could do that on all of the free videos.

fertycatz
03-01-17, 07:36 PM
I think the issue is that you may not have played the 3 given each day and when you get one of those from the gnome it is lost. Any you get after playing the 3 free ones will show up.

If I understand you correctly, it doesn't apply in my situation. I've tried playing the treehouse game under both circumstances i.e., just before winning a dart and just after. In neither case did my extra dart show.

Please, developers, could you correct this issue, at least by the next challenge of this type? Thanks!

mamas_boys
03-01-17, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry that some are not enjoying this event. I have to say that this is my favourite kind of event. I can work at my own pace and am not competing against others. Good luck to everyone!

Rynetory2
03-01-17, 10:12 PM
when i collect from my pets clovers start falling from the sky.. whats up with that?

I dont get flying clovers when I collect from my pets but I get them by clicking on my Clover Topiary. Is it possible that you have clicked on yours without your knowing? :)

Rynetory2
03-01-17, 10:24 PM
Anyone else having a problem with the darts the gnome drops not showing up in the treehouse game? I've actually won 5 or 6, but only 3 have actually appeared for me to use. A bit annoying! ��

I have won 2 or 3 with him and none have shown up

In the past, some players have unintentionally lost their darts being unfamiliar about how the Tree House works and the darts rule. Just to make sure we are on the same page, can you take a look at sections "Darts" and "How can I accumulate darts during an event that drops darts as prizes?" in Piper's Tree House (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88922-Farm-Story-2-Farm-Activities-and-Features-Guide&p=1247865&viewfull=1#post1247865)?

If you are still losing darts, can you post your activities in chronological order so we can figure it out?

Example:
1. Tree house reset
2. I claimed and played 3 free darts from Tree house
3. I won 1 dart from gnome and didnt use it
4. I checked - showed 1 dart
5. Tree house reset - showed 3 darts
6. I didnt use them
7. .....

lynard12
03-02-17, 05:58 AM
These are usually my favorite type of events but I'm noticing this time I keep being asked for the same things every day. Raisinbread, peach tea, rocking horse, purses..... all things that take a long time. I'm not getting any variety in what I need to turn in.....

MarshHen
03-02-17, 10:49 AM
Hi MarshHen :)

Sorry to hear it's not working (?)
The Mardi Gras Mask Float is only to make the Mardi Gras Gnome to appear more frequently on your farm for you to pop it (every 5 minutes). Look around well on the free spots on your farm cause the Mardi Gras Gnome appears on free spots.
Hope this will help you out.

Update: oh, a Mardi Gras Gnome just appeared in front of my Otter Oasis :o

Update: I see we can store the Mardi Gras Mask Float. Perhaps store it and bring it back out might help?. I'm sorry I have done all the suggestions and it still doesn't work

Rynetory2
03-02-17, 08:24 PM
. I'm sorry I have done all the suggestions and it still doesn't work

Sorry MarshHen that your float is not working. I'm checking with the Community Manager to see if they can help to check your game.

Aside to others: Is anyone having this issue? Are your floats working fine?

Mamatampa
03-02-17, 10:33 PM
Sorry MarshHen that your float is not working. I'm checking with the Community Manager to see if they can help to check your game.

Mine has worked perfectly 24 hours a day every 5 minutes.

darkmornings
03-03-17, 01:47 AM

My float is working ok too. About every 5 minutes.

Rynetory2
03-03-17, 03:28 AM
Mine has worked perfectly 24 hours a day every 5 minutes.

My float is working ok too. About every 5 minutes.

Thank you both for your confirmation. I'm much relieved that your floats are fine. :)

Rynetory2
03-03-17, 03:29 AM

Can you check if you are using Farm Story 2 version 2.6.4 and iOS 10.2.1?

Rynetory2
03-03-17, 03:30 AM

I got Bourbon street lamp, balloons and feather stand instead of building skins. The caption in game has been changed.

Mamatampa
03-03-17, 05:56 AM
I got Bourbon street lamp, balloons and feather stand instead of building skins. The caption in game has been changed.
One of the main goals we worked toward and it isn't there? I don't usually complain, but the paint and the gator are the real goals here...hoping they don't take the gator away! Storm8 has probably opened the flood gates for complaints now.

darkmornings
03-03-17, 06:37 AM
One of the main goals we worked toward and it isn't there? I don't usually complain, but the paint and the gator are the real goals here...hoping they don't take the gator away! Storm8 has probably opened the flood gates for complaints now.

I'm pretty sure gator will be there, no signs yet of his little swampy home. The event ends tomorrow. I know a lot of people don't agree but, I really don't like events that start or end during weekends. If things aren't quite right, no one is around to fix them. Hoping today that it will be available. Better yet, it will be included, with the win.

Rynetory2
03-03-17, 08:52 AM
The pictures of the prizes have proven to be accurate thus far, so don't worry I believe we'll get the gator. :) Someone probably forgot to update the caption for Day 9 caption and corrected it. Let's try to finish Day 10 as soon as possible and post a confirmation if that helps. Btw, I see an oasis in the screen, wondering if that could be the new habitat.

Speaking of prizes, I must commend the team for the good improvement of new prizes for this fair. It's nice to see new things instead of upgrade parts, a good mixture. Thank you for that! :)

Mamatampa
03-03-17, 09:27 AM
The pictures of the prizes have proven to be accurate thus far, so don't worry I believe we'll get the gator. :) Someone probably forgot to update the caption for Day 9 caption and corrected it. Let's try to finish Day 10 as soon as possible and post a confirmation if that helps. Btw, I see an oasis in the screen, wondering if that could be the new habitat.

Speaking of prizes, I must commend the team for the good improvement of new prizes for this fair. It's nice to see new things instead of upgrade parts, a good mixture. Thank you for that! :)i will know by this afternoon ifmwe get the gator and if we buy the habitat..waiting for some gumbo and donuts and and a doll....still hunting for 4 rose candles...let you know..

Please post if anybody finishes. I'm optimistic this will
be a cutie!

PookieBear50
03-03-17, 10:42 AM
Not sure I'm going to finish this event. Less than 40 hours left and I am three days behind. Being at a higher level, I get that the orders are going to be harder to fulfill...but really, being asked for Goat's Milk Ice Cream three times in a row after refreshing is a bit much. And if it wasn't the ice cream, it was flower arrangements from the Floral Shop (like I have rubies) or Peach or Pear Cider, or Doll Houses, etc. There was one time I managed to "spin" 3 PB&J Sandwiches...with that kind of luck, may I should try my luck in Las Vegas.

I'll keep working hard (around work and sleep), but I have major doubts about my ability to finish this event...

Mamatampa
03-03-17, 01:30 PM
i will know by this afternoon ifmwe get the gator and if we buy the habitat..waiting for some gumbo and donuts and and a doll....still hunting for 4 rose candles...let you know..

Please post if anybody finishes. I'm optimistic this will
be a cutie!I used diamonds just to go to the final day after being concerned that the gator was not accurately described...it is..cute little fella. Good luck on everyone's final day. He is worth the effort!

lynard12
03-03-17, 01:59 PM
Not sure I'm going to finish this event. Less than 40 hours left and I am three days behind. Being at a higher level, I get that the orders are going to be harder to fulfill...but really, being asked for Goat's Milk Ice Cream three times in a row after refreshing is a bit much. And if it wasn't the ice cream, it was flower arrangements from the Floral Shop (like I have rubies) or Peach or Pear Cider, or Doll Houses, etc. There was one time I managed to "spin" 3 PB&J Sandwiches...with that kind of luck, may I should try my luck in Las Vegas.

I'll keep working hard (around work and sleep), but I have major doubts about my ability to finish this event...

I keep getting asked for peach items. I only have 2 bushes there's not that many peaches. To be asked for the same thing three times after refreshing is so annoying. As I said earlier they keep asking me for the same things dollhouse, purses, grape tarts, flower vases all long hard things to make..... really annoying!

darkmornings
03-03-17, 03:28 PM
I think all of us are getting hit with hard to get items. I'm getting everything ruby requests, vases, flower vases, necklaces and sometimes just the gems alone. I would have thought it was my level but, everyone seems to be getting the same. If it's not rubies it's maple.. cookies, doughnuts and baskets. Just to make things interesting they throw in a few lily and tulip candles.Ive been discarding and hope that it all works out in the end.

jmterao
03-03-17, 05:07 PM
I am getting seriously annoyed. I have three items ready to go and the stupid chicken comes on and takes a stroll. When's he's gone the orders I had and have the items for are gone and replaced by orders for things I do not have. This is happening over and over. If they think it's going to make me spend gems... boy are they wrong.

kindefarm1890
03-03-17, 07:52 PM
Like others that have posted I too have been received orders for the same high timed items. I already filled 5-6 rocking horses and had to discard several other orders for the same item. Yesterday and today I have had 10-12 orders that all asked for either 2 empty vases or 2 filled vases. I may have hoarded rubies but that is asking for a lot and then there are the orders that wanted rubies necklaces. I am on day 9 but am not close to being done and day 10 will start soon.

I am not certain if the gem count in the first post for each day is from an old fair event or Storm 8 is punishing higher level farms.
Day 7 was 420 gems not 300
Day 8 was 480 gems not 400
Day 9 was 540 gems not 501

Can someone let me know what the percentage rate is when turning in orders for day 9 and 10? I noticed on a couple of 2 mask orders that I thought would give me two percentage points only gave me one. If day 10 is too much lower that 1 percent for each mask I don't think I will finish the event before day 10 ends. Thanks

tuffyjkitten
03-03-17, 11:57 PM
OMG just stop with the maple stuff and honey stuff and purple handbags already!!!

I have not had a single request for prepared food of any kind other than blackberry jam and raisin toast for the last 2 days. And there was one request for four (4?!?) maple baskets. Plus the gem amounts are sooooo low compared to the ones in the RS2 cruises. These county fairs are way harder than cruises.

ghjvcucjb
03-04-17, 02:43 AM
Won't be able to finish this. Was doing ok until two days ago, when every order involved maple stuff, honey stuff, red ruby items and houses. It's just not possible to produce that much honey or maple items on the average farm. Then having to wait to recycle an order only to have it pop back up basically the same is disheartening. Although I search heavily through all my neighbor's stores, was unable to find even 1 requested item. Not sure what the odds are on that. These events aren't that much fun any more. Plus starting 9 months ago, this game, and only this game freezes, won't open, lags, syncs without ever ending, takes 40 plus seconds to go from store to store. Tonight alone it took 5 tries just to get the game to open then freezes after only two actions. NO Other game does this

Rynetory2
03-04-17, 04:43 AM

Further to my post below, can you also check if your time setting on your device is set to automatic?

Can you check if you are using Farm Story 2 version 2.6.4 and iOS 10.2.1?

Rynetory2
03-04-17, 04:45 AM
I don't think it will come with its own habitat. We will probably be able to get it with in game gold when it becomes necessary if not before. I'm just guessing.

The gator comes with a free habitat - Backwoods Bayou. :)

Rynetory2
03-04-17, 04:49 AM
Can someone let me know what the percentage rate is when turning in orders for day 9 and 10? I noticed on a couple of 2 mask orders that I thought would give me two percentage points only gave me one. If day 10 is too much lower that 1 percent for each mask I don't think I will finish the event before day 10 ends. Thanks

Here are my orders count for high level farm. I captured them in terms of gems in order to be more specific.

Day 10: 600 gems
1 mask order - 6/7 gems
2 mask order - 10 gems
3 mask order - 16/17 gems
4 mask order - 24 gems

kindefarm1890
03-04-17, 08:07 AM
Rynetory2 - Thanks for the information.

I just finished day 9 this morning and at this point I don't believe that I will receive the gator without using gems to finish. I tried to guess what would be in the next orders so overnight I made three different types of pizza and the order I was given was for a pizza I did not make. The same happened with the maple syrup items, I made four different types and the order was for one I did not make. I had vanilla ice cream in the barn so the order was of course for chocolate ice cream. At this point I am going to try and complete as many orders as I can to bring down the gem count to a point that I am willing to sacrifice gems to receive the gator.

Good Luck everyone.

tuffyjkitten
03-04-17, 08:20 AM
I'm level 45 and a 2 mask order was worth 8 gems on day 9.

Rynetory2
03-04-17, 09:28 AM
Rynetory2 - Thanks for the information.

I just finished day 9 this morning and at this point I don't believe that I will receive the gator without using gems to finish. I tried to guess what would be in the next orders so overnight I made three different types of pizza and the order I was given was for a pizza I did not make. The same happened with the maple syrup items, I made four different types and the order was for one I did not make. I had vanilla ice cream in the barn so the order was of course for chocolate ice cream. At this point I am going to try and complete as many orders as I can to bring down the gem count to a point that I am willing to sacrifice gems to receive the gator.

Good Luck everyone.

I've been discarding my orders heaps throughout this event, especially during the early days to conserve my supply of difficult to find crafts. This way I managed to save those crafts for Day 9 and 10 to "stretch" my supplies, otherwise I doubt I could complete this. You have a great strategy, keep submitting as many orders as you can to bring down the gem values till you're comfortable. I really hope you'll get your gator. Good luck to you and others. Cheering you guys onwards. :D

PookieBear50
03-04-17, 01:07 PM
As expected, I'm not going to complete this event: currently at 82% on Day EIGHT. There's no way I can complete everything with all the requests involving things that are simply beyond my ability to produce or procure. Tried to keep up, but work and sleep are not conducive to completing events. Even tried using bells to buy all the boosters available (not recommended, it slowed my game down), but it's not helpful when the event asks for everything from the buildings without boosters to speed them up. It's also not helpful when, after being asked for the same items a lot of times and then making a bunch of them, they don't get requested anymore. Around day 4 or 5 I kept turning down requests for grape tarts because I was having a sugar shortage (due to making all the ciders that got requested), so I finally got ahead of that and started making grape tarts...and now I haven't seen any requests lately for either tarts or cider. Go figure.

Maybe...and it's a big, highly improbable, virtually impossible"maybe"...if I somehow got nothing but 1-mask requests of easy-to-find and easy-to-make items, I could somehow finish the event successfully. But I doubt it. Ah well, this will be the first event in a while (other than the leaderboard events) that I won't be able to complete. Guess that's just the way it is.

(Personally, I would rather get overwhelmed by larger numbers of relatively easy to acquire items--like, say, 10 loaves of bread or 15 dark chocolate--than 1 or 2 energy bars...and certainly not end up with 2 or 3 requests for the same items at the same time, or in a row, forcing me to refresh not just one, or two, but all three because they all wanted the same thing.)

jmterao
03-04-17, 06:14 PM
I am getting seriously annoyed. I have three items ready to go and the stupid chicken comes on and takes a stroll. When's he's gone the orders I had and have the items for are gone and replaced by orders for things I do not have. This is happening over and over. If they think it's going to make me spend gems... boy are they wrong.

So I have tested this further. If I was able to send 4 or 5 orders in a row the chicken comes on. When he's done the last order I click on to send disappears and is always replaced by one where I do not have the items.

If there are other orders that are also good to go at the same time, they are changed to items I do not have.

If they are orders that I do not have the items, they do not change.

I tested it enough to see it's the way it was programmed to be.

Personally, I think it's *****ing your customers and if this continues in the future. I am done with all my games.

Rynetory2
03-04-17, 11:22 PM
Hi jmterao. From what you described, it seems like your game is trying to sync with the Storm8 servers which also explain the different orders. The best thing to do now is to clear cache, disconnect from internet, restart your device plus modem and router. While you are in the game, try visiting another farm to do a force save of your progress and perhaps try not to stay in the Fair Order screen for too long, open it for every new submission. Try these and see if they help. Btw I'm not seeing these issues in my game, other than the random 2 seconds slower to load the new orders which I attributed to the higher weekend internet traffic. Good luck!

PookieBear50
03-05-17, 01:15 AM
Well, I guess that's that. Made it to 57% on Day 9, and the last time I had to refresh on three requests involving Peaches & Cream: one for just one of them, the second for two, and the third for one Peaches & Cream and, if I remember correctly, 2 Tulips. Oh, well. Can't even get the Mardi Gras Gator with gems since I don't have 500 of them...

Disappointed though I am, I did what I could, crafted what I was able, including the expensive stuff--pity I never got asked for them, only the easier to make but on non-boosting machine items--and played whenever I could fit it in around working and sleeping.

I'll have to give serious thought to attempting the next County Fair event. If I'm going to keep getting asked for things that I don't have, and then not get asked for them when I do have them...or end up with three requests for the same difficult to make item...well, I know I'm at a higher level, but still...

Ah, well. Congratulations to everyone who successfully completed Day 10 and received the Mardi Gras Gator. I look forward to seeing it on neighbors' farms soon!

xenu8
03-05-17, 03:48 AM
I got the pet gator but it says I need the "backwoods bayou" to put it in ....this is nowhere to be found....not in my cellar....not in the market...ummm...

If I didn't have the item, I looked for it instead of trying to make it, otherwise I refreshed. It asked for a lot of the same things over & over so I stocked up on those things when shopping. I had lots of stuff it never asked for plus it took all my good stuff like vases, ruby necklace, peaches, pears, wooden horses, donuts...

PookieBear50
03-05-17, 04:31 AM
I got the pet gator but it says I need the "backwoods bayou" to put it in ....this is nowhere to be found....not in my cellar....not in the market...ummm...

Maybe you could try force-closing the app, then reopening it and checking your cellar? Or, perhaps, uninstalling then reinstalling the game? The first usually resolves it, the second would be an extreme step to take, and if both fail, then probably submit a help application to S8?

Rynetory2
03-05-17, 08:52 AM

Are you able to find find your habitat? Let me know if you can't.

SadieMaesFarm
03-05-17, 03:04 PM
Have just won gator ... nothing in cellar and no backwoods bayou in cellar either ... any ideas ? County Fair shows closed so can't go back to look

Is there a limit in how many pets you can display? I have 50 active... maybe can't see alligator for that reason ? Have shut down and restarted a few times ... still no sign of alligator or it's habitat 😩

Cannot find habitat ... plus my gator is not in cellar either 😩

SadieMaesFarm
03-05-17, 04:39 PM
Tried to figure out if limit on active pets so I put one of my two yellow chicks in the pet carrier ... still didn't see gator in cellar and now have lost my yellow chick ... started with 3 chicks... now only have 2 ��. Can someone please help? Thanks !

Rynetory2
03-05-17, 09:41 PM
Oh dear, seems like your pets are missing. Please restart your device and check your cellar. I recommend that you reinstall your game to clear these glitches. Do let me know how it goes. Hope you find them after reinstallation. Crossing my fingers for you.

Mamatampa
03-06-17, 05:02 AM
36179Fill all orders in 10 days to win the prizes..and the gator....is how this event was introduced..many of my neighbors and myself used diamonds to get through the last day...but...it is still going on..lucky for the current participants...unlucky for the ones that thought it was a 10 day event. I am just saying that the descriptions should be accurate. Good luck to those still working toward the gator..he is a cutie.

Rynetory2
03-06-17, 06:36 AM
The event is still progressing for members who started later or waited for the auto-start. I.e. We can start our fair on different days. The 10 days starts counting from the day our fair starts. See General guidelines for Fair event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484) for more information. Hope this clarifies.

SadieMaesFarm
03-06-17, 06:50 AM
Nothing worked ... very frustrating ... contacted support ... their response back vi email [] This is totally wrong! How can a compAny expect you to play and spend money on their game then turn around with an answer like that ???

Rynetory2
03-06-17, 07:02 AM
FYI Support has stopped using emails and that could be an automated reply. See Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT - Contact Storm8 Support via Form (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95143-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contact-Storm8-Support-via-Form)

Please contact Support: support form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) instead. Send me your ticket number via private message after you have submitted using the Support Form.

Edit to add: I've sent you a pm on your issue.

Mamatampa
03-06-17, 08:14 AM
The event is still progressing for members who started later or waited for the auto-start. I.e. We can start our fair on different days. The 10 days starts counting from the day our fair starts. See General guidelines for Fair event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484) for more information. Hope this clarifies.
I see in the guide. 'This is a 10 days event. Day 1 starts at 2:30pm PST or when you click [Start Now] button. Subsequent event days start at midnight PST. Your event will automatically start on the 4th day at 7:20pm PST if you don't start it. It will end in 10 days, counting from the day it starts.'..... so, I started on day 1 when it announced it on the 23rd, but it actually started 4 days later....meaning a headstart of 4 days was given to those that started on day 1. Very confusing..why not call it a 2 week fair? Thanks anyway, I will pay closer attention the next time as I spent diamonds trying to finish on the 10th day, but could have continued 4 more days. I can still bake event items so I wasn't stopped in 10 days. Regardless of the confusion, it was a fun event and appreciate you always giving us the best answers you know of.

Rynetory2
03-06-17, 08:41 AM
so, I started on day 1 when it announced it on the 23rd, but it actually started 4 days later....meaning a headstart of 4 days was given to those that started on day 1.

Ok now I'm confused lol. You had 14 days for your fair? Did your fair start twice? Can you elaborate more what happened in your game, here or via pm so I can understand your situation. I'm not seeing it in my game so I'm flying blind here. :o Sorry that I didn't understand your earlier post.

Mamatampa
03-06-17, 09:32 AM
Ok now I'm confused lol. You had 14 days for your fair? Did your fair start twice? Can you elaborate more what happened in your game, here or via pm so I can understand your situation. I'm not seeing it in my game so I'm flying blind here. :o Sorry that I didn't understand your earlier post.

I started the fair when it was announced on Feb. 23....I also purchased the gnome float. I proceeded through the days completing the days in time to get each reward. On day 9 there were complaints about the prizes not being paint and the intro to the event was changed. I was concerned about the gator reward so on day 9 after finishing that day's prize, I paid diamonds to start day 10 which was completed on day 10. My question was why is the fair still going on when everyone was scrambling to finish on day 10. I noticed the gnome float was for 14 days and that seemed odd if the fair was for 10 days. Maybe I am all confused.. i just know I finished in 10 days with the 1st day being as announced on the 23rd. I will drop the subject as it makes no difference...don't sweat the small stuff...it's ALL small stuff. .....note...if the fair has not run for 10 days, how do people have gators?

darkmornings
03-06-17, 09:59 AM
I think that unlike most other events in this game, this one starts whenever you want it to. Like you, I started on day one with half a clock left, and completed it, triggering day 2 a few hours later and so on with each day resetting at 3am ish est and lasting 24 hours from them. I got confused when a neighbor congratulated me for finishing "yesterday's" event early. I was sure it took me several hours to complete. 3 pm, my time is 12 hours that I had been trying to get the task bar filled. Well, hers was still set to the day before. There was a lot of huh,whats, and erms. I'm guessing that several people still have a few days left to complete the event while mine ended on Saturday. I'm really hoping they are playing in the 24 hours a day for 10 days that I had to work with.

My advantage or perk is the mask float that is still giving me darts (60 and counting until I like something enough to start flinging them), more quiche, cheese, cornbread, biquits, and balloon tickets than I know what to do with. At least 3 more days of them. And at least that many days to get my farm together for whatever comes next.

It is all very confusing but, there has been a lot of criticism on the times and days some of the events start. Maybe this is making loads of people happy.

disfan21
03-06-17, 10:21 AM
So complete the entire Country Fair (Mardi Gras), received the gator and can't place it. Tells me I need the Backwoods Bayou?

Update: Found it in my cellar. Sorry for jumping the ***

tromalyt
03-06-17, 01:52 PM
It took me 8 hours and 40 minutes to make 2 bread with raisins and when I delivered them the target meter only advanced 2 %.
This is so unfair.

No wonder this thread has less than 100 posts. People are giving up.

Mamatampa
03-08-17, 05:32 AM
When does this 10 day event end? Nothing on our farms....maybe the lure sale is a hint....

ladyro2
03-08-17, 11:53 AM
Well I guess I found the right spot. I guess I am dum that my game keeps showing me the prizes I can win when it ended days ago for me at 3:00 am. First time it ended in the middle of the night and I couldn't find this info to know it would. I fell asleep too bad I should stay up

PookieBear50
03-08-17, 12:26 PM
The event was made available to us on February 23, but we had the option of starting it after that date (until the event automatically started for everyone). That is why some players ended earlier than others...because we started the event the first day it was available. Others are/were still working on the event.

mearro
03-08-17, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know for how long this event is still on? Skipped this but I'm curious about the next one

Allie0105
03-13-17, 02:30 PM
I purchased the two boosts from the Mardi Gras event (the king and queen) but they are not yet in my cellar. Does anyone else have this problem?

Update: Thank you my Mardi King and Queen floats are in my cellar.