PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: The Frog Prince Event | 21 Feb - 4 Mar | *info in post 1 and 2*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

VersaceMorrow
02-23-17, 04:48 AM
This is a community event, not a storybook, so the time starts straight away for everyone. And yes, the timing was a surprise for all of us!

Maybe it's for the best that I waited....I had hours of paperwork that I'm sure I wouldn't have finished over the past two days had I opened my game and found this had started.

Scratte717
02-23-17, 05:09 AM
I must say that today I finally got 3 beastlings already, much better than yesterday
So - lets keep trying

tonyjosiah
02-23-17, 05:12 AM
Wow. The Swamp Kitty has an 8 hour timer and gave me 10 water Lillies. Not bad I guess. This invent is time and energy intensive though

coolssp
02-23-17, 05:30 AM
My beastlings have disappeared :( last 3 x 2 collections haven't spawned any... now waiting and hoping Ivy's hut will be luckier

PrincessCelestian
02-23-17, 05:34 AM
For the first time ever I am thinking of quitting. I have only gotten 1 beastling the entire time and that one came after 24 hours of play. With that kind of spawn rate, I havent even been able to make it past goal 2. I feel like I have been one of the faithful players that S8 hasn't been able to really frustrate with these events. I have always loved them and really anticipated the start of a new one. I spent hundreds of gems on the leaderboard game only to be disappointed with a dressed up horse and a castle that's now in storage so that i can have a murky pond on my board. And now I don't even want to bother with the rest of this event if this is how it's going to play out. There is no mathematical way for me to get enough cattails in time allowed much less enough to tame a swamp kitty which I really wanted since I try and collect the cats. I spend a LOT of money on this game but these past few weeks have made me want to look elsewhere. Congrats S8, another disgruntled customer.

darthkris
02-23-17, 05:36 AM
Does anybody else have the green kitty? Wanna get it, because I love cats. Does it give anything else than water lillys?

I didn't get a beastling after collecting from my mines and Ivys Hut. Yesterday was a lot better.
And again we need to rock these outcroppings or whatever... It's just like the ice fairy event and I must say it sucks. Maybe I am gonna buy myself some of these 30 gems rocks although I didn't want to, but their outcome of these pebbles is a lot better.

BiggerBubbles
02-23-17, 05:41 AM
From the beginning this goal I collect from Ivys hut every 12 hours, from Sparkling mine every 3 hours, from Deep Mine every 8 hours - but only 3 cat-beast came.

I thing, somebody can not count upon creation of this timed goal...

I like challenges, where the chances of winning, if one tries. What is an impossible goals?
I do not know how the others, but impossible goals are not motivating for me :-(

Just to let you know, it's only the normal sparkling mine and Ivys hut that count, deep mine will not trigger the beastlings.

HuckleTown
02-23-17, 06:05 AM
36078 36079
Second prize , NO TIMER just decoration it's a 2x3 take up 6 sqares

So community event prizes aren't worth it (imho). Ok. I can't get beastlings to spawn anyway so I'm stuck at level 2 on the swamp/pond anyway so my contribution to the community won't be much...

EsmeW2
02-23-17, 06:09 AM
This is crazy! S8 need to do something about the drop rate. Across two games I've collected 4 times from mines and 2 times from Ivy's hut since I woke up this morning and have spawned one dire bore from Ivy's hut. Not a sign of a beastling.

I quite like the look of the lily pond and will probably keep it out afterwards if it drops water, fish and scales because I love having water features, but seriously if I could turn this event off I would - it's incredibly annoying with dire boars popping up all of the time - I got three in one 40 energy collection round - plus a fangbeast and a skunkupine. Unfortunately you can't get away from the things if you play at all.

Admit you got it wrong S8 and give us all a boost to keep us in the game!!!

rembetiko
02-23-17, 06:12 AM
Does anybody else have the green kitty? Wanna get it, because I love cats. Does it give anything else than water lillys?

Yes, I bought/crafted it because I thought it would help with getting waterlilies. But I did not check before that it has an eight-hour timer, so it is quite useless for this event (unless I buy at least 4 additional ones and collect 3 times a day, every eight hours). I think it also gives the usual kitty- stuff (coins, milk, and I also think fur, but I am not sure about this). It looks nice, but I don't think it is worth what it costs.

GC5410
02-23-17, 06:20 AM
After 20 collections, I finally managed to get a beastling! I have now had 2, but it's still slow going!

I haven't had any luck getting skunupines from corn or wheat, but I have got 2 from 20 tomatoes instead :)

riverly
02-23-17, 06:43 AM
The carriage takes up 3 squares!!! This is almost as big as the pond isn't it?? Things are getting crazier and crazier.
Expansions please.

PurpleScorpion76
02-23-17, 06:50 AM
I would also suggest that you check your inventory. For some reason I had collected over 50 of the traps

Thanks for the tip, I just found 2 and that was all I needed to move on to the next step.

rere123412345
02-23-17, 07:10 AM
Spawning rate of beastlings is HOR RI BLE. Got one in the past 2 days. Gonna take the whole event to level up the pond to 7.

dio00
02-23-17, 07:13 AM
I'm so frustrated! Two quests in a row that require an insane amount of gold! I haven't even finished the gold piping for my arena. I used to love this game

TerraRanomi
02-23-17, 07:31 AM

1st collection: 10 water lilies
2nd: 10 water lilies & 1 fur
3rd: 10 water lilies & 1 water

Not sure if coins drop every collection but definitely got some 3rd time collecting.

rainsunset
02-23-17, 07:52 AM
I think this frog is a liar. I can't find any beastlings. So far i've got 3. So no monsters. And how it's possible to make kitty and upgrade a pond!

gracelinda
02-23-17, 08:32 AM
2 days and no skunkupines...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr. I do have 2 out of the 4 but paid for a trap..so sad. Don't even get be started on collecting cattails.

letf8b
02-23-17, 08:34 AM
I had to plant corn all day even though I was maxed out to get mine hope it helps.

kattkrazie
02-23-17, 09:01 AM
Katt (your speeding through and reporting is much appreciated). You must be using gems to speed through which may not be possible for some players so giving up after 1 day is understandable; with no beasts spawning it is impossible to level up the swamp so the entire event is pointless whether you have the required rare drop material or not.

Most people (including me) are collecting from Ivy's hut and the mines every chance they get and are not finding beastlings. Event over.

Those speeding through and those finding beasts, enjoy (I just wanted enough cat tails for the kitty :(, maybe if I can spawn 1 a day I might get it, fingers crossed, it will just be too late to contribute any significant quanties of water lily to the community :( )

I just hate to see players give up on the first day without giving it a chance. The kitty spawns are definitely lower than we'd like, but the amount of material needed is much lower as well. When you get the 20 cattails to craft the kitty, you get back 6 cattails once the goal is completed. So the net amount of cattails to craft it is only 14. If a kitty spawned with each mine collection, we'd all have 10 green kitties in our kingdoms. So it seems like the spawn rate is much lower to account for the fact that we need less than previous events.

I used about one-third of the gems I usually spend on these challenges. So I just don't think the event is impossible. I know it's frustrating when spawns are random, but I think those that soldier on will find this event is fine after a few days.

At least I hope so....

katbtodd
02-23-17, 09:27 AM
I had to plant corn all day even though I was maxed out to get mine hope it helps.

Got mine with corn too and max as well

GarnetJ
02-23-17, 09:40 AM
The difference I see is the fact that not only is the spawn rate for the beastling ridiculously low (I've only triggered 3 beastlings despite regularly checking the mines and Ivy's Hut since the event began), but they are tied to Ivy's Hut and the mines that have a long waiting period and they are limited items, so it's not like we can even add more to increase the chance of getting more beastlings. We need over 100 cattails (not including the cattails needed to get a Swamp Kitty), which is going to be pretty difficult if I can only trigger one or two beastlings per day - unless I decide to buy a whole slew of Swamp Traps.

The mindlessly chopping rocks and collecting from ponds is the same from previous events and just requires a lot of energy and diligence. But it's frustrating to do all of that and get stalled for who knows how long just waiting for a beastling to appear.

This might be a silly question, but is there a greater chance of the beastlings to appear if the mine is actually sparkling? Is that random or is it just an extra waiting period?

Irma_Isle
02-23-17, 09:42 AM
If a kitty spawned with each mine collection, we'd all have 10 green kitties in our kingdoms.

Lol.

Dear Katt, Did you finish the goal book and get swampy tree? What is it drop? And the next goal about Ivy trying to kiss mr.frog but he slip away (why he would do that?) Is triggered by finish goal book? Or upgrade swampy pond to level 10? Or adter you get mr.frog as last individual prize?

kattkrazie
02-23-17, 09:49 AM
Lol.

Dear Katt, Did you finish the goal book and get swampy tree? What is it drop? And the next goal about Ivy trying to kiss mr.frog but he slip away (why he would do that?) Is triggered by finish goal book? Or upgrade swampy pond to level 10? Or adter you get mr.frog as last individual prize?

The tree is actually called the Wisteria House. It has dropped coins so far. (Let the outrage begin. Lol.)

I'm not sure why we have to kiss the frog. That's just standard fairytale requirements, I guess.

I haven't gotten the frog prince yet. Just collecting water lillies casually since finishing won't be difficult with the swampy pond at level 10.

MynesDinner
02-23-17, 09:51 AM
Where do I get a murky/swampy pond?

kattkrazie
02-23-17, 09:55 AM
Where do I get a murky/swampy pond?

I think I bought it in the market after being prompted by a goal. Look in your goal book on the left side.

darthkris
02-23-17, 10:15 AM
Just my thoughts!

Strange thing is that when the quest started, I got two swamp kittys from my two mines.
Since then- nothing! One from Ivys hut and one from a trap.
And those stupid rocks trigger the dire boars...

Don't get me wrong, I like and enjoy quests and since I am once again sick at home (never again pregnant during winter months) I have time to play, but those rocks give me a hard time next to kittys.

meme1098
02-23-17, 11:02 AM
Sorry I haven't updated past Step 5....I'm stuck on upgrading the Pond to Stage 7. LOL. Plus RL has kept occupied more than usual.

If anyone has steps 6, 7, & 8, it'd be great if you could post them or PM me. I'll add them to post 2 then.

Many thanks to all the speedsters :)

meme1098
02-23-17, 11:09 AM
Just went to do another task figuring my energy had renewed and my whole game is gone, totally at the beginning. I've played for years, near the beginning now have no game. I closed and refreshed. Nope. I deleted and reinstalled. Nope. Whole game gone. Guess I'm done with Castle Story.

I don't know how to do that sadly.

Tried that and it doesn't show my history either, I've been totally wiped out for some reason. Can't even blame the kids this time, I am the only one who has used my device today.

Download another S8 game with a login feature & you should be able to retrieve your game. I use Fruit Splash Mania.

Here's the link to login instructions:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

PrincessCupOButter
02-23-17, 11:16 AM
......... When you get the 20 cattails to craft the kitty, you get back 6 cattails once the goal is completed. So the net amount of cattails to craft it is only 14. If a kitty spawned with each mine collection, we'd all have 10 green kitties in our kingdoms. ........

Wait! There is a goal to craft the kitty? Can you tell me when it triggered and what triggered it? I have the craft in the workshop, but no goal to craft him/her in my goal book. I plan to craft one, but I want the 6 cattails back! As always, the info you share is greatly appreciated! I'm glad they made a special swamp kitty to add to our wonderful Katt's collection! ;-)

Just my two cents on what is different in this event....the amounts needed are quite a bit lower and I am grateful. But in past events, the buildings that spawned beasts seem to have always had either shorter refresh times, or they were less limited (like the raccoons from the jewelers, which have four hour timers, but aren't limited to only two buildings) It would be nice if they'd at least include the deep mines so we'd get a few more chances to spawn swamp cats each day.

zoroak
02-23-17, 11:42 AM
Wait! There is a goal to craft the kitty? Can you tell me when it triggered and what triggered it? I have the craft in the workshop, but no goal to craft him/her in my goal book. I plan to craft one, but I want the 6 cattails back! As always, the info you share is greatly appreciated! I'm glad they made a special swamp kitty to add to our wonderful Katt's collection! ;-)

Look at part 3 of the optional side goals. Side goals triggered once you've spawned 4 beastlings.

PrincessCupOButter
02-23-17, 12:01 PM
Look at part 3 of the optional side goals. Side goals triggered once you've spawned 4 beastlings.

Ah! Okay. Thank you! I am still on part one of those and hadn't looked ahead. 3 more visits to the pond.
In the past, those have often been stand alone side goals (raccoon, bear, reindeer). I thought I was missing something. :o

At first, I was reluctant to part with 15 longswords, but since I'm checking mines and chopping rocks anyway, it'll just give the forges something to do.

SpiritWind00
02-23-17, 12:50 PM
Moderator Warning

There have been several posts overnight about use of a ***** function. All posts referring to this have been removed. Without telling you what it is (!) if you read these posts, you need to know that playing that way is considered a ***** and cannot be posted about. If you have problems with your game and use this, then support will not be able to help you.

Disputes with Forum Staff/TL Staff
Please note that it is against the forum rules to dispute with forum moderators regarding a mod action in the thread. If you have a question about a mod action, please post in the Forum Disputes (https://forums.storm8.com./forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)section, or send the moderators a Private Message..

This warning may look familiar as I've posted about it before.

Players are also reminded to follow the forum rules when posting. Here they are for you again:
Flaming, Trolling, Spamming
Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, involve any of the following activities:
- Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.
- Creation of undue discontent on the forums.
- Creation of disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail the thread, insulting other posters, etc.
- Posting non-constructive comments.
- Abusing the Report Post button by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages.
- Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
- Bumping threads.
- Creation of ?First!? posts.
- Posting of off-topic comments.

ToshiNoMiya
02-23-17, 02:11 PM
The difference I see is the fact that not only is the spawn rate for the beastling ridiculously low (I've only triggered 3 beastlings despite regularly checking the mines and Ivy's Hut since the event began), but they are tied to Ivy's Hut and the mines that have a long waiting period and they are limited items, so it's not like we can even add more to increase the chance of getting more beastlings. We need over 100 cattails (not including the cattails needed to get a Swamp Kitty), which is going to be pretty difficult if I can only trigger one or two beastlings per day - unless I decide to buy a whole slew of Swamp Traps.

The mindlessly chopping rocks and collecting from ponds is the same from previous events and just requires a lot of energy and diligence. But it's frustrating to do all of that and get stalled for who knows how long just waiting for a beastling to appear.

This might be a silly question, but is there a greater chance of the beastlings to appear if the mine is actually sparkling? Is that random or is it just an extra waiting period?

Exactly the same here and frustrating as hell!!!

I have so far encountered two beastlings in two days after as many checks on Ivy's Hut and the mines as possibly when not sleeping. A trigger rate this low simply SUCKS!

TheWyldeWitch
02-23-17, 02:15 PM
Another event I have no chance of completing unless I spend a bit of real money :( I have been playing since September and have managed to get 3 golden nuggets. Just 3! And 2 of them I wasted on that dang Yeti, which was on me I guess because I didnt realize theyd poof if I didnt manage to get them all, lol. So I have 1. Itd be a miracle to get a second in the time frame, let alone 4 more. Everything takes sooo much. Its seriously frustrating.

PikaSquirrel
02-23-17, 02:15 PM
I have the same problem except I have 160 in inventory.

LIFT THE LIMIT ON NON-ROYAL DECORATIONS, S8!!!!!

No limit is listed on the back of the inventory cards for ANY decor but since some unknown limit has recently been placed on the non-Royal decor for some unknown reason, WHY give this as a goal???
Am I supposed to guess that the limit is 100 & sell 61 of my white flower beds just to turn around and craft TWO!?!
Or am I supposed to pay 20 gems to skip that step??
What gives here? ...guess I'm done with this event, then.
What a crock.

ETA:... and no, placing 2 on the board from my inventory doesn't count towards "Plant white flower beds", which makes no sense cuz placing em IS planting em. Duh!

We updated this so that you only need to tap "Plant" and it will complete the task. Sorry about that!

scavaig
02-23-17, 02:34 PM
Well......

Pros ...
There's no leader board.
We actually got an update
The drop rate for gold nuggets seems to be better. ( I have picked up a few from mines in this event)
There are a lot of prizes everyone can get
Follows the castle story storyline of fairy tales
The main prize is an amphibian

Cons...

It does not develope the storyline
The spawning of beastlings is far too low
The drop rate of stones isn't much better
At the moment it feels I will need to spend gems to complete fully.
The tamed kitty's drop is poor ( 10 lilies/8 hours) for the effort involved
Lot of items gained with no further expansion room
The main prize is an amphibian ;-)

So... The jury is out as they say.

I will see how it goes ... But with average playing time - working during the day, not spending gems and not babysitting the game over the night - I have the feeling I am not going to complete this one.

But Not given up yet.... Will let you know how it turns out.

caron7
02-23-17, 02:50 PM

oh! I wondered why everyone is calling this the sparkling mine when it is just called "mine" on my board. so many things in this game sparkle. does this actually mean something? I thought they sparkled if a neighbor tapped a heart over them but maybe i've been wrong on that....

lionteam2
02-23-17, 03:00 PM
It's REALLY frustrating ?.!!!

The icons on the right side of the screen (the blue goal book, the green frog and even the Elves trade icon) are not working - I'm clicking several times on them but nothing is opened.

Also I'm losing the Water Lilies that I have collected from the Lily Pond - the number above the green frog shows only the last collected Lilies for a while and after that it turns on to 0. And I collected several times from the Pond for these 2 days!

Hope S8 will fix the issues and will return back my missing Water Lilies!

meme1098
02-23-17, 03:05 PM
oh! I wondered why everyone is calling this the sparkling mine when it is just called "mine" on my board. so many things in this game sparkle. does this actually mean something? I thought they sparkled if a neighbor tapped a heart over them but maybe i've been wrong on that....

Yes, when a nbr visits & taps a building causing it to sparkle, then when it's ready for collection, you will receive 10 or 15% (I forget exactly how much) more in coins than if it wasn't sparking.

darthkris
02-23-17, 03:19 PM
So, I just got two kitties... One from the mine and one from the Hut... Thank you!
Got two dire boars too. Doesn't matter.

When does the optional goal thing pop up? I had six beastlings so far. I am confused.

riverly
02-23-17, 03:19 PM
Thanks for posting Goal 6. It's seems to be leveling up the pond to 10. But I wonder why a wisteria tree is the reward. It just doesn't seem to fit in with what we're doing unless maybe it matches the looks of the pond. I guess we'll see.

88silver
02-23-17, 03:50 PM
Individual Prizes:
1. 30 lilies | Ornate Iron Fence | size 1x1 / 2x2 | also available in the market for 4 gems each
2. 80 lilies | prize name | size 1x1 / 2x2
3. no of drop| prize name | size 1x1 / 2x2
4. no of drop| prize name | size 1x1 / 2x2
5. no of drop| prize name | size 1x1 / 2x2

1st prize is x8 Ornate Iron Fence (1x1)

2nd prize is a "Wisteria Carriage" size 2x3

3rd prize (the pergola looking thing) takes 250 lilies (same as the community prize).

candie1230
02-23-17, 04:17 PM
The drop rates in this game SUCK!!! I've gotten one beastling today. Didn't even get one from Ivy's hut, and no I don't have a beast somewhere on the board hiding, I have the music on just in case but nothing... it's getting real frustrating that some people are done and some people like me are just click, click, clicking for nothing.

cavegirl1
02-23-17, 04:36 PM
Well......

Pros ...
There's no leader board.
We actually got an update
The drop rate for gold nuggets seems to be better. ( I have picked up a few from mines in this event)
There are a lot of prizes everyone can get
Follows the castle story storyline of fairy tales
The main prize is an amphibian

Cons...

It does not develope the storyline
The spawning of beastlings is far too low
The drop rate of stones isn't much better
At the moment it feels I will need to spend gems to complete fully.
The tamed kitty's drop is poor ( 10 lilies/8 hours) for the effort involved
Lot of items gained with no further expansion room
The main prize is an amphibian ;-)

So... The jury is out as they say.

I will see how it goes ... But with average playing time - working during the day, not spending gems and not babysitting the game over the night - I have the feeling I am not going to complete this one.

But Not given up yet.... Will let you know how it turns out.

I think another plus might be the lower number of water lilies needed to get each prize compared to numbers in other community events. ( I have only got the first prize so far so hope I feel the same way by the end :) )

cavegirl1
02-23-17, 04:43 PM
Thanks for posting Goal 6. It's seems to be leveling up the pond to 10. But I wonder why a wisteria tree is the reward. It just doesn't seem to fit in with what we're doing unless maybe it matches the looks of the pond. I guess we'll see.

I must admit I like the look of the trees, trees are the things I have most of :), so I prefer them to buildings. I am also guessing they might fit well with the upgraded pond.

TerraRanomi
02-23-17, 04:46 PM
1st collection: 10 water lilies
2nd: 10 water lilies & 1 fur
3rd: 10 water lilies & 1 water

Not sure if coins drop every collection but definitely got some 3rd time collecting.

Fourth collection was 10 water lilies, 1 water & 1 mermaid scales.

zoroak
02-23-17, 05:25 PM

3rd prize (the pergola looking thing) takes 250 lilies (same as the community prize).

3rd prize is indeed a wisteria pergola, 2x2, deco, no drops.
Next prize requires 650 water lilies.

bss0226
02-23-17, 05:26 PM

3rd prize is called Wisteria Pergola. Size 2x2

rulerofjennyville
02-23-17, 06:00 PM
We don't seem to be getting very far with the community prizes - I don't know if my phone just isn't registering them or what. But the bar hasn't moved at all on my phone.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-23-17, 06:13 PM
I've reported this...

We updated this so that you only need to tap "Plant" and it will complete the task. Sorry about that!
Thanks SW & Pika! ...nice to be able to move forward with this event now.
*pom-pom shimmy & air kisses* :)

PS. I'm enjoying the artwork. *thumbs up*

ETA PPS... Apologies for my earlier Veruka Salt over-reaction about it; I was having one of those kinda days, lol.

linurm
02-23-17, 07:02 PM
Why lilies was cleared? android game

OzFamily
02-23-17, 07:14 PM
If you want a beastling to appear, just wait to collect a mine or Ivy's hut until you have 1 or 2 energy left. Spawns every time, at least for me... :/

letf8b
02-23-17, 07:51 PM
I posted this earlier and it disappeared????
I think everyone has the right to be upset I'm a long time player and this is the only community event that we can get the drop from only one spot (the lily pond)I have only accumulated 46 water lilies so far I would have at least 300 a day in any other community event to get to 3000 at the end. I can't level up because there are no kitty's for the cat tails. This is a horrible let down. Am I missing something?
The last three events were so challenging but doable if you didn't have a job. I mean without spending gems. They are getting harder and harder it feels as if S8 only wants gem users. The loyalty of playing the game daily and getting all your friends and family to play isn't enough anymore for S8 it seems.
I very much appreciate the players that gem through and give us tips I wouldn't have made it through many events with out them that's for sure. You deserve more than a super thanks . You know who you are ;)
S8 I do think you need to re evaluate this one.

bss0226
02-23-17, 08:00 PM
Community event info.

Prize 4. Wisteria Mansion. 650 lilies. Size 3x3. Collection time 22 hrs. No idea yet what it drops if anything besides coins

Prize 5 the frog is 1500 lilies.

bss0226
02-23-17, 08:28 PM
Some calculations

Once you are level 10 lily pond, you get 30 lilies each collection. Once you get the mansion, you have 850 lilies to go approximately. That means you need to collect 29 times to get to 1500. That's 58 hrs of constant collecting. Or about 2 and a half days. If you get the swamp kitty that's another 30 lilies per day (10 lilies per 8 hour collection period). That means in 2 days of constant collecting you can get 60 lilies from the kitty and 24 x 30 or 720 lilies from the ponds. That's 780 lilies. You still need an additional 70 lilies or 2 pond collections and 1 kitty. Still comes close to 2.5 days. As long as you get the mansion by day 7, you should be able to get the frog prince of course, you may not sleep much

KEC09
02-23-17, 08:39 PM
The spawn rate of the beasts is beyond frustrating. I have been collecting from the mines all day and have not spawned even 1 beast. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE!!!

annieslittleshol
02-23-17, 08:44 PM
Here is another calculation

With very few swamp kitties being spawned you cannot get enough cattails to upgrade the pond to level 10 by day 7 without gemming, much less craft one those kitties to assist with accumulation of lillies. I am at level 5 swamp needing 6 more cattails to get to level 6, been checking mines and ivys hut religiously.

daddyoooz
02-23-17, 09:29 PM
As mentioned previously but CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH.. u can basically get 7/8 beastlings to generate from Mines and 2/2 from ivy's hut per day IF U CLEAN THE BUILDING WITH ONLY 1 ENERGY REMAINING. Once u know the trigger point to generate the monsters, u will get all u need. Of course, if u r a player like some with a million ready-to-go alicorns for energy.. the final task is prob already over for u... for the rest of us it takes patience. Since u just spawned a beastling and have zero energy, shut the game down, set an alarm for an hour and go enjoy life. Come back, clear the beastling.. get yur energy down to 1 and clear the other mine, shut down, wait an hour and come back. During times while draining your energy down to 1 or having no buildings available to generate a beastling, pick up water, chop rock, reset craft buildings, etc. (Just make sure another monster is not already on the board when clearing mines/ivys hut.) Its really not a hard thing to reach the finish and NO GEM USE. Of course, other than some who do not have 2 minutes every hour or every other hour to check in.

riverly
02-23-17, 09:34 PM
While waiting for kitty to spawn keep collecting water and pond rocks and hopefully you can speed through future upgrades. The amounts needed are huge. I know this is a small consolation.

Stats people- gotta love em.
I have no plans of getting kitty so I'll have to take that into account.

Oh, and I spawned a kitty with 5 energy left. Good grief.

coolssp
02-23-17, 09:44 PM
I hate the word random now :) If Ivy's hut with 12 hour timer doesn't spawn the cat, how on earth can we complete this quest without spending gems :(

riverly
02-23-17, 09:53 PM
Well I finished off the kitty at the mine and then used all but 1 energy. Went to Ivy hut and spawned a kitty. I read the forum a lot. This is the first time I have heard of this. Will experiment this technique tomorrow. Who knew?

daddyoooz
02-23-17, 09:54 PM
I hate the word random now :) If Ivy's hut with 12 hour timer doesn't spawn the cat, how on earth can we complete this quest without spending gems :(

Only clean building with 1 energy remaining and a beast will spawn 95% or more of the time. The chance of spawn rate is "random" but mathematically as CURRENT-ENERGY minus 39 [limit 1] / CURRENT- ENERGY. Therefore, if u have 40 energy, your spawn rate chance is 40-39/40 .. 2.5%. If u have 20 energy, your spawn rate is 20-39 [lim1]/20 or 1/20 .. 5%. If your energy is 1, your spawn rate is 1-39 [lim1]/1 or 1/1 .. with maybe a random factor in the denominator .. so almost 100%.

daddyoooz
02-23-17, 09:57 PM
Well I finished off the kitty at the mine and then used all but 1 energy. Went to Ivy hut and spawned a kitty. I read the forum a lot. This is the first time I have heard of this. Will experiment this technique tomorrow. Who knew?

This began occurring during a programmer changeover roughly Aug last year... once all the events began coming with a huge churn factor and energy drain. If u search weekly updates around and after this time u will note someone started figuring out the algorithm (not me.. :->.. I just follow along with what works). This technique is so noted many places in those earlier forum posts.

darthkris
02-23-17, 10:14 PM
Sorry, posted this before, but got no answer...
When does the optional goal line start?
Hasn't for me and I had six kitties so far.

riverly
02-23-17, 10:20 PM
Sorry, posted this before, but got no answer...
When does the optional goal line start?
Hasn't for me and I had six kitties so far.it should have come up after your 4th kitty. Do you not have Crouching something? Hidden Cuteness in your kingdom goal book?
Edit Crouching Cuteness Hidden Beastling is the name.

kattkrazie
02-23-17, 10:22 PM
Glen the Frog Prince has an 8 hr. timer. His size is 1x1 and he drops water, longswords, and jewels. There were no other goals after I got him.

darthkris
02-23-17, 10:30 PM
So Glen doesn't turn into Prince Charming for poor Ivy?
Isn't she disappointed?

Every time I hear the name 'Glen', I must think about the poor guy from the walking dead. LOL

SpiritWind00
02-23-17, 10:37 PM
oh dear, poor Ivy... and she had such high hopes! well at least she can visit him at the very pretty looking pond! :)

darthkris
02-23-17, 10:37 PM
it should have come up after your 4th kitty. Do you not have Crouching something? Hidden Cuteness in your kingdom goal book?
Edit Crouching Cuteness Hidden Beastling is the name.

Checked it over and over... No additional goals for me.
Where do I have to report this?

storiadelcastello
02-23-17, 10:38 PM
Only clean building with 1 energy remaining and a beast will spawn 95% or more of the time. The chance of spawn rate is "random" but mathematically as CURRENT-ENERGY minus 39 [limit 1] / CURRENT- ENERGY. Therefore, if u have 40 energy, your spawn rate chance is 40-39/40 .. 2.5%. If u have 20 energy, your spawn rate is 20-39 [lim1]/20 or 1/20 .. 5%. If your energy is 1, your spawn rate is 1-39 [lim1]/1 or 1/1 .. with maybe a random factor in the denominator .. so almost 100%.
This didn't work for me the two times I tried it :(

SpiritWind00
02-23-17, 10:47 PM
Checked it over and over... No additional goals for me.
Where do I have to report this?
my side goals came up (according to the pics I'm taking) after i updated my pond to level 3. where are you up to?

darthkris
02-23-17, 11:23 PM
my side goals came up (according to the pics I'm taking) after i updated my pond to level 3. where are you up to?

Level 3... Pretty strange...

Nessell
02-23-17, 11:44 PM
This didn't work for me the two times I tried it :(

Me neither and I have tried three times.....

zoroak
02-23-17, 11:52 PM
Level 3... Pretty strange...

The side optional goals (crouching cuteness, hidden beastling) only show in when you click the storybook icon on the left but the community event (frog icon) and the lily pond goals (pond icon) show on the right side of screen, the lily pond goals also show up when you click on the storybook icon. That's all I can think of, hope it helps.

Jackiesq
02-24-17, 12:59 AM

For me also no extra side goals!
I got 6 beastlings in a row 😨 after I decided to stop this event (after that a dire boars invation...)
So I have more then 4 hatched, my pond is level 4, the other goalline I can't do part2, because I don't have enough golden nuggets...

CelineKats
02-24-17, 01:16 AM

Sorry to bring the news to you, but you can't complete this one without spending gems. The basis of freemiums like this is that events are made to earn money for the devs. They need to eat as well. Good side is that you always get something for free but if you want it all you need to spend (and have a nice stock of Ali's) . Looking at the drop rates of this event you need to spend quite some money to get it all. I tried speeding up mines, but that didnt helped me at all spawning kitties. Drop rates of pond stones are making my eyes watery and burns away all my energy. I estimate that I need to burn at least 20 euros to get this event done and that is in my case simply not going to happen. The choice of spending is always on the side of the player. My two cents for the next event: LB :cool:

cavegirl1
02-24-17, 01:18 AM
This began occurring during a programmer changeover roughly Aug last year... once all the events began coming with a huge churn factor and energy drain. If u search weekly updates around and after this time u will note someone started figuring out the algorithm (not me.. :->.. I just follow along with what works). This technique is so noted many places in those earlier forum posts.

There are many who also report that it does not work for them - me included :)

yummy_bistro
02-24-17, 01:57 AM
At 12 Angry Monsters stage:
I need one more Mithril but after I read though p.1, I may not be able to complete and upgrade the pond.

Should I waste my Mithril? I was saving it for another goal (enhanted Minerals)

any thoughts?

kendysek
02-24-17, 03:10 AM
I recommend to park a green kitty (if you are lucky enough to get any) and chop rocks while the kitty is still on board, so no dire boars appear.

I'm still affraid I'm not going to upgrade the pond to level 10 and moreover get the cute kitty. But I'm trying to do my best.

darthkris
02-24-17, 04:43 AM
Finally... After slaying my 8th beastling the additional goals started...

Is it right that there will also be a goal for the swamp kitty? Aka getting 6 cattails back when you craft one?

rulerofjennyville
02-24-17, 04:45 AM
Sorry to bring the news to you, but you can't complete this one without spending gems. The basis of freemiums like this is that events are made to earn money for the devs. They need to eat as well. Good side is that you always get something for free but if you want it all you need to spend (and have a nice stock of Ali's) . Looking at the drop rates of this event you need to spend quite some money to get it all. I tried speeding up mines, but that didnt helped me at all spawning kitties. Drop rates of pond stones are making my eyes watery and burns away all my energy. I estimate that I need to burn at least 20 euros to get this event done and that is in my case simply not going to happen. The choice of spending is always on the side of the player. My two cents for the next event: LB :cool:

I have 63 gems from the game that I am willing to spend but I'm not willing to spend money. If I don't get the frog I guess I don't get the frog though I'd like to have him. What did you spend your gems on?

Also, is it just my phone or is everyone else's bar not moving at all under the community challenge?

zoroak
02-24-17, 06:24 AM
Finally... After slaying my 8th beastling the additional goals started...

Is it right that there will also be a goal for the swamp kitty? Aka getting 6 cattails back when you craft one?

This is part 3 of the optional side goals

zoroak
02-24-17, 06:26 AM
Also, is it just my phone or is everyone else's bar not moving at all under the community challenge?

Mine's moving.

cavegirl1
02-24-17, 06:29 AM

As I haven't reached the 250 water lilies, i can't see any progress yet because of that ...

ahomeforme
02-24-17, 06:37 AM
I am so very reluctant to part with 5 gold nuggets even though I have >80 of them. Sat out last event because of that too. Should I just sit this one out too?

GC5410
02-24-17, 06:57 AM
I am only getting beastlings from Ivy's Hut, not from the Sparkling Mines (regardless of whether I have 1 energy left, 40 or somewhere in between).

MoonVillage3
02-24-17, 07:12 AM
I am so very reluctant to part with 5 gold nuggets even though I have >80 of them. Sat out last event because of that too. Should I just sit this one out too?

>80 gold nuggets are more than a sufficient supply to fullfill any unexpected request. so even if you used for the former event and this one too your supply would be still healthy... so I would say... use them!
I only refuse crazy Elven requests as have nothing in return.. but actually we are collecting/saving them to have use of them in game requests and events, otherwise, not useful at all for anything else.
also.. doing this event.. with all the rock chopping and collections from the mines.. gold nuggets are collected along the way, so you will get some back.
Personally, I wouldn't refuse participating in an event just because there's a request of gold nuggets... it's the reason why I have collected them, but I would have to refuse if I didn't save any at that moment as had no choice.

CelineKats
02-24-17, 07:30 AM
I have 63 gems from the game that I am willing to spend but I'm not willing to spend money. If I don't get the frog I guess I don't get the frog though I'd like to have him. What did you spend your gems on?

I used my gems to buy cattails and to speed up collecting mines. Didnt helped me at all. No kitties :p. Drop rates of pond water and pond stones are just as bad. Energy is the limiting factor, so after losing 100 gems i decided that I reached my limit. No more. I have started this morning 7:30 collecting pond water and at 15:30 water i got 35 so far and I need 40 for a lvl 5 pond for which I still need to collect pond stones.... With this rate I can easily predict i am not going to finish this event. Even if you pay for it, it will be challanging to finish it, so I dont got a clue what S8 intention is which this event: keeping customers or ....

linurm
02-24-17, 07:37 AM
what happend? 3609036091
39--->12 ? is this android bug?

maz3girl
02-24-17, 07:54 AM
I've only spawned 3 beastlings so far and i've set a timer to check the pond for lillypad thingies and only have 20?? has anyone else earned an individual prize for them yet?

Wonkaland99
02-24-17, 08:44 AM
I am not a player who complains about spawn rates, but there's a first time for everything!
Colour me blue!

Only consolation is that S8 occasionally helps out later in an event. I seem to remember a shortage of worms for the orphanage.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
02-24-17, 08:52 AM
Not sure if they fixed it or not this morning but my Ivy Hut and both mines all spawned Green Kitties on my first collections this morning.

Zirilka
02-24-17, 09:24 AM
Here I am. Truth to be told I stopped reading the forum daily (might be partially due to certain tiredness with the game I have been suffering lately). But I still play on a regular, several times a day basis. And so, even though I was surprised by the event (it was supposed to happen on Thursday right?) I plunged on. It's nice and predictable community event path for those of us who've been around awhile. But honestly, the kitties are as beautiful as they are elusive. Is it the sign that the events moved a notch from doable for those glued to their devices (yup, that is me) to those who gem only (me sometimes but only when I feel like it and when it's worth it). If it is the case, let me just verbalise my dislike explicitly.

*goes off to visit mines yet again*

EDIT: I spawned a beast all right, sadly it has been a dire boar.

flowerqueen007
02-24-17, 09:36 AM

You wont see any progress until you are eligible.

robotparade
02-24-17, 09:38 AM
Sorry to bring the news to you, but you can't complete this one without spending gems. The basis of freemiums like this is that events are made to earn money for the devs. They need to eat as well. Good side is that you always get something for free but if you want it all you need to spend (and have a nice stock of Ali's) . Looking at the drop rates of this event you need to spend quite some money to get it all...The choice of spending is always on the side of the player. My two cents for the next event: LB :cool:

I think you have to choose what you want to spend your gems on, and resolve to be happy about your choice if you can't afford to go all the way.

I decided I really wanted the permanent Swamp Kitty, so I spent my gems to get enough cattails to be able to craft that. I'm happy I got it, and I don't mind that I won't get the frog, even though I definitely want it. I had a limited amount of gems to spend, and I'm satisfied with my decision.

lionteam2
02-24-17, 10:21 AM
what happend? 3609036091
39--->12 ? is this android bug?

Mine collected Water Lilies are decreasing too all the time - and I have visited the Lily Pond more than 10 times, also I'm collecting from the kitty too.

And I'm not able to open the community event from the green frog button!

ginerp
02-24-17, 10:34 AM
I don't mind spending gems on something extra in the game that I really want or that is particularly helpful. The mermaid pond, for example. It's awfully nice to have, but you can play the game without it. I do mind putting a lot of time into something only to find out half way through that you'll HAVE to spend gems for it. I think it's downright shady. I had quit doing events for this reason but decided to give this one a try. My bad I guess.

What's frustrating is not all Storm 8 events are like this. In Fantasy Forest, for example, if you plan ahead you can complete the storybook events without gems. Or you can spend gems to make it less stressful on yourself. And you get prizes along the way that are worth having, so you know even if you can't finish a storybook event, it's worth starting. So this isn't a Storm 8 thing, it's a Castle Story thing. I don't get it.

Inachis2V
02-24-17, 10:35 AM
Yesterday I lost 3 Cattails, this is what I wrote :

"About 2 hours and a half ago, I played the Magic Garden and finally got the last Shimmering Strand to make the craft in the Magic forge (Examine Shimmering Strands). I did begin the craft.

When I came back to the game, the Mine was ready and I collected, I found a Rat Beastling ! YES !! 20 fights and I got 3 Cattails ;-)
I came to the forum to see if there were some news, then I came back to the game.

HORRIBLE : my Magic Forge was empty, the last Shimmering Strands was gone. Where ? Who robbed it ?? AND my 3 Cattails also are gone. But my mines have been collected and of course the Magic Garden also.
So, I still have to wait before next collection."

One of the player wrote me : "It sounds like it was a syncing issue. I've been having those the last couple of days."

Since this happened, I don't get any other new Beastlings.

I check Ivy's hut and the Mines as often as possible, but don't get anymore Cattails ?

Are they on strike ? What would make them come back ?

FlowerBurst
02-24-17, 10:51 AM
Oops! I forgot to reply with a quote! This is in response to post 321.

This did not work for me either--have tried several times; however, I was pleasantly surprised today after my morning collection--spawned a beastling with an energy level of 70. I need to try that again! Maybe the reverse is also true for some of us! Good luck to all!

Scratte717
02-24-17, 11:00 AM
Today so far I did 7 collections with the last energy - and only 1 beastling :( Or actually - should you collect using the last energy, or maybe - so that 1 energy is left after you collected? Maybe that was my mistake.
Previously I did not pay attention to energy level - and it was 1 beastling on 1st day, then on 2nd and 3rd day they were spawning quite ok - got to level 6 so far. Today - only one. No explanation really - other than R&R ;)

ClaresKingdom
02-24-17, 11:05 AM
Not a single beastling, collected from Ivy's hut 3x and also more the mines and nothing, keep getting Dire Boars but no beastlings so can't even get past stage two!

It's been 3 days now hasn't it? What's going on? :mad:

MynesDinner
02-24-17, 11:39 AM
I have as yet noy found one water lily. What am I doing wrong? There is only 4 days left. What a lame contest.

ruskpaels
02-24-17, 12:05 PM
I don't really get how goals work in this game. I will never be able to get 5 mithril on time, but it still seems like I can update the lily pond. I got a fence from collecting water lilys, and I guess I'll get more stuff from collecting more lilys. I also bought a little green kitty. What do I miss if I don't finish the goal?

EsmeW2
02-24-17, 12:12 PM
Not a single beastling, collected from Ivy's hut 3x and also more the mines and nothing, keep getting Dire Boars but no beastlings so can't even get past stage two!

It's been 3 days now hasn't it? What's going on? :mad:

I had a similar day yesterday. No beastlings, plenty of dire boars. And I'd not seen a beastling from the mine at any time since the event started. Today has been a bit better and I've had two beastlings. I reckon I could just about complete this event if I spent 400 gems on the beast traps and then used up lots of energy to get the stones and pond water to level up the pond asap. Ha ha - I'm not going to do that for a frog! My little world is already crushed by the weight of random animals :)

Inachis2V
02-24-17, 12:18 PM
Miracle from the forum : I just got one Beastling !!

topmom952
02-24-17, 12:24 PM
There's NO WAY I can collect enough materials to update the pond all the way before the end. So I am stopping without donating the mithril since it is so hard to come by.

Andro45
02-24-17, 12:24 PM
Well, spawning beasties is a small problem. I will try to get as far as I can with the community event, but doubt I'll make it. I will not do the storybook, because I'm not willing to part with my hard earned nuggets. I got gem-trapped and spent 30 gems on a dark cave formation I didn't want (thought it was the rock outcropping), so I'm definitely not using more gems...Love the kitty though :-)

meme1098
02-24-17, 12:33 PM
I have as yet noy found one water lily. What am I doing wrong? There is only 4 days left. What a lame contest.

There are 9 days left which is rounded up from actual 8 days plus some number of hours.

KEC09
02-24-17, 01:21 PM
The 1 energy trick hasn't worked for me either all day.

AnniePMH
02-24-17, 01:44 PM
ETA PPS... Apologies for my earlier Veruka Salt over-reaction about it; I was having one of those kinda days, lol.

I had such an angry moment some time ago here as well...I'm sorry for that. I feel Veruka Salty too:( I know that the team usually fixes these things pretty fast:)

KEC09
02-24-17, 01:57 PM
There will simply not be enough time to upgrade the pond completely with the poor spawn rate. SpiritWind, is there anyway that you can report this?

caron7
02-24-17, 02:00 PM

i would proceed if you have 80 nuggets. I have actually earned more than 5 from this event, by chopping rock outcropping and dark cave formations (prizes received from adventures). I don't know if you will get all 5 back but suspect you will get some!

asdfgh123654
02-24-17, 02:32 PM
I don't know what happened, but when I entered the game earlier I had zero water lilies! My pond is level 4, and when I collected from it, I got 6 lilies, but that's it, even my iron fence is not there. Has anyone experienced something like this?

lionteam2
02-24-17, 02:43 PM
I don't know what happened, but when I entered the game earlier I had zero water lilies! My pond is level 4, and when I collected from it, I got 6 lilies, but that's it, even my iron fence is not there. Has anyone experienced something like this?

Yes - same here - see my post #289 and my reply to linurm, post #347

badbunny42
02-24-17, 03:26 PM
While not 100 percent on topic, this is relevant:

Seeing that taking my sparkling mine to level six would shorten collection times, I leveled one up.... it cut collection time by six whole minutes. What a waste of gold nuggets! Bad on me.

ahomeforme
02-24-17, 03:39 PM
>80 gold nuggets are more than a sufficient supply to fullfill any unexpected request. so even if you used for the former event and this one too your supply would be still healthy... so I would say... use them!
I only refuse crazy Elven requests as have nothing in return.. but actually we are collecting/saving them to have use of them in game requests and events, otherwise, not useful at all for anything else.
also.. doing this event.. with all the rock chopping and collections from the mines.. gold nuggets are collected along the way, so you will get some back.
Personally, I wouldn't refuse participating in an event just because there's a request of gold nuggets... it's the reason why I have collected them, but I would have to refuse if I didn't save any at that moment as had no choice.

Thanks for the advice. Will consider. Thing is, I still have yet to upgrade my jousting arena. And I kinda doubt I have the time to complete all the goals to get final prize, so what's the point in spending the hard to come by gold nuggets. But yeah, I guess I might get them back from all the rock chopping. I only wish the demand for gold come a bit later in the event so I can better decide whether I could actually complete the event. Oh, another reason I sat out last event was because I already have the love shack.

Jennerwein1
02-24-17, 03:48 PM
I have a whopping 85 water lilies and my lily pond just made level 5. Had to spend a few gems on cat tails. I did make the kitty though, which is cute.
Edit: both my sparkling mines are level 6, but the drop rate for beastlies SUCKS!

asdfgh123654
02-24-17, 04:19 PM
Yes - same here - see my post #289 and my reply to linurm, post #347

Thanks for your reply. My lilies are back! I don't know how, but I hope your issue is resolved too :). But there's still the problem with beastlings spawning rates...

TerraRanomi
02-24-17, 04:39 PM
Swamp kitty also drops creep tooth & 230/250 coins (not sure if it was a 3 or 5).

Alohatami
02-24-17, 07:00 PM
Dear Storm8. For this event, could you please increase the drop rate of gold nuggets? It would be different if I could spend all my energy chopping rocks all the time. But in order to progress, we need to be collecting from ponds (which don't drop the required pond water all the time - I've collected from 9 ponds and gotten 0 pond water) and trouncing 20 energy swamp beastlings. Gold nuggets are hard enough to get when you can devote 100% to trying to get them, but in this situation, it's ridiculous.

Gaillock
02-24-17, 07:18 PM
This is crazy! S8 need to do something about the drop rate. Across two games I've collected 4 times from mines and 2 times from Ivy's hut since I woke up this morning and have spawned one dire bore from Ivy's hut. Not a sign of a beastling.

I quite like the look of the lily pond and will probably keep it out afterwards if it drops water, fish and scales because I love having water features, but seriously if I could turn this event off I would - it's incredibly annoying with dire boars popping up all of the time - I got three in one 40 energy collection round - plus a fangbeast and a skunkupine. Unfortunately you can't get away from the things if you play at all.

Admit you got it wrong S8 and give us all a boost to keep us in the game!!!

I keep a beast on the board other than when I try to spawn one from mines or Ivy's Hut. That way I don't have other beasts pop up while chopping rocks.

Gaillock
02-24-17, 07:23 PM
Just my thoughts!

Strange thing is that when the quest started, I got two swamp kittys from my two mines.
Since then- nothing! One from Ivys hut and one from a trap.
And those stupid rocks trigger the dire boars...

Don't get me wrong, I like and enjoy quests and since I am once again sick at home (never again pregnant during winter months) I have time to play, but those rocks give me a hard time next to kittys.

Keep a beast on the board when you are chopping rocks, etc. then take it off when clicking on mines or Ivy's Hut. That will keep the boars away.

dipwid
02-24-17, 08:52 PM
Anyone know the drops of the wisteria mansion? I'll probably stop there; in my kingdom I imagine that ivy is the future queen. I'm looking to see if the baron has a good recipe for frog legs.

bss0226
02-24-17, 08:56 PM
Anyone know the drops of the wisteria mansion? I'll probably stop there; in my kingdom I imagine that ivy is the future queen. I'm looking to see if the baron has a good recipe for frog legs.

So far, I've only received coins

ebenezermac
02-24-17, 08:58 PM
The pond stone drop rate is brutal. I spend about 100 energy to get around a dozen stones.

cavegirl1
02-24-17, 09:25 PM

Did you buy and are you collecting from the murky swamp/ lily pond? That is the only thing that drops water lilies. (Apart from the kitty which can be crafted from cat tails)

coolssp
02-24-17, 09:32 PM
I park a beast, **** it before clearing mines and Ivy's hut but haven't seen a kitty in the last 36 hour period :(

riverly
02-24-17, 10:05 PM
Is that a wisteria tree as the last community prize?

DeeDeeBird70
02-24-17, 10:16 PM
The pond stone drop rate is brutal. I spend about 100 energy to get around a dozen stones.

Do you have any dark cave formations in your inventory? I had some as drops from various adventures from the castle and barracks. I do keep my knights busy. That formation gives a pond stone per chop and several gave a gold nugget as well.

Den8137259
02-24-17, 10:36 PM
★::. This game used to be fun, like Bakery Story (:

★::. Now it just breeds frustration n stress :|

★::. Nothing gets spawned, except the Dire Boars and Fang Beasts, and they keep coming in :|

fantaloonastic
02-24-17, 11:07 PM
Came here wondering if there was something wrong with my game with sparkling mines only spawning dire boars but I see I'm in good company. Trying to not get frustrated....

MoonVillage3
02-24-17, 11:13 PM

seems your game is not synchronizing and saving what you have completed. visit a nbr's kingdom before leaving your game. it saves your game up till that point.

MoonVillage3
02-24-17, 11:16 PM
While not 100 percent on topic, this is relevant:
Seeing that taking my sparkling mine to level six would shorten collection times, I leveled one up.... it cut collection time by six whole minutes. What a waste of gold nuggets! Bad on me.
it's not a bad idea.. I did it too to help collection times and also drops. If you have the gold nuggets to spare.. this is a good time to upgrade it.

MoonVillage3
02-24-17, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the advice. Will consider. Thing is, I still have yet to upgrade my jousting arena. And I kinda doubt I have the time to complete all the goals to get final prize, so what's the point in spending the hard to come by gold nuggets. But yeah, I guess I might get them back from all the rock chopping. I only wish the demand for gold come a bit later in the event so I can better decide whether I could actually complete the event. Oh, another reason I sat out last event was because I already have the love shack.
the way I see it.. the Jousting Arena is not a timed goal.. it will sit there till you can complete it. However 80 nuggets is a good amount.. you can go far with it. You just have to decide if you have enough time to dedicate to the community goal to complete it which is timed and will expire.. this is demanding and only single players can know this.

kajohn345
02-24-17, 11:46 PM

★::. Nothing gets spawned, except the Dire Boars and Fang Beasts, and they keep coming in :|

YES! I haven't had ONE skunkupine in two days....

Gaillock
02-24-17, 11:54 PM

Did you see my post? Keep a beast on the board while chopping, etc. Then get rid of it when you click on mines & Ivy's Hut. Then put it back again. I use my troll sparring pit because I can just click on it to spawn & it is out of the way. This will keep the beasts away.

MoonVillage3
02-25-17, 12:10 AM

I still find this game fun.. even if challenging! This is what keeps me going. (BS which I played for some time always made me hungry :D ) As always when we start events.. we seem we can't reach the end and panic! But.. as we dedicate more time and attention we move ahead ..even if slowly.

The only hazard I can see is if one can't dedicate much time.. a timed-goal becomes impossible, but not for the difficulty, but because EACH collection time and trials can't be respected. These players already know, if they're interested in the final prizes.. they will have to add gems, as always, or just continue with only goals that are not timed.

Spawning rates are low compared to other collections we have done.. but also.. this event does not need high totals as former collections. I feel we can make it if we're constant with our R&R spawns. Maybe we can't craft a pet kitty.. but we can complete to get Mr Froggy.

Suggestions are to consentrate on upgrading Pond to 10th.. collecting each time it matures so Lilly collection accumulates and..
Not that this is a formular or guaranteed move.. but I find before collecting from Mines.. vist about 5 lower level Community Friends, collecting their hearts before collecting from Mine.. I find this 'helps (but not guarantees!)' to spawn them with lots of Good Luck!

babublik
02-25-17, 12:22 AM
I really wish these developers would make timed goals accessible to all players. I started playing in November of last year and am barely on level 23... I've somehow managed to accumulate 6 gold nuggets but haven't been able to participate in this goal or the last goal because of the requirements. I'm a daily player and have even made a gem purchase but I'm getting really discouraged with these goals...
Even if I chalked up my golden nuggets to get through part 2, there's no way I'm going to complete the goal without having access to mithril so what is the point? This is the only storm8 game where I'm truly disappointed in the unfairness of goals and lack of equal opportunity to complete goals for all players. I refuse to spend any more money until they fix this issue by changing the material requirements to ones that are accessible to all or can be crafted by all... And that's all I have to say about that(.)

darthkris
02-25-17, 12:53 AM
This timed quest line is really starting to annoy me
Before I went to sleep I checked my mines- no kitties.
Directly after waking up I checked my mines and Ivy - no kitties.
I went to my ponds and wells including the one from Kaz and the mermaid one (9 at all) and I got TWO (!!!) swamp waters or whatever from it. TWO !!! JUST TWO !!! What kind of a droprate is that? From nine collections

AinoDK
02-25-17, 01:57 AM
The drop rates are abysmal yes, but honestly that is not what bothers me most.

There is a community event, a quest line of 8 goals and 4 side goals so there should be a lot of interesting stuff to do, right? Nope. It all comes down to collecting from swamp pond for lillies, ponds and rocks for upgrade material, and mines and Ivy's hut trying to spawn the cat beastie. Boring.

Do you remember the pirate treasure hunt quest and all the different thing things we had to do? That was fun. But guess I should be happy this is community collaboration and not leaderboard competetion

asdfgh123654
02-25-17, 02:03 AM
seems your game is not synchronizing and saving what you have completed. visit a nbr's kingdom before leaving your game. it saves your game up till that point.

Thanks for your reply :). I got my lilies back! I don't know what it was, but it wasn't a sync problem. I have been collecting from pond for 4 days already, had nearly 100 lilies, and then zero.

Den8137259
02-25-17, 02:05 AM
★::. Crouching Kitten, Hidden Intentions , now finally revealed ★::.

Introducing Swamp Trap at 20 Gems ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5f87B9UYAEpx8I.jpg

Jackiesq
02-25-17, 02:27 AM

Introducing Swamp Trap at 20 Gems ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5f87B9UYAEpx8I.jpg

Still no side goals for me!
Did you donate the 5 golden nuggets? That's were I am at the moment...
I hatched 10+ Beastlings already, so that can't be the trigger.
My pond is level 5, nearly enough cattails to craft the cat, but waiting for the quests from the side goal.... 😦

rainsunset
02-25-17, 02:32 AM
For #394
I have this goal too. Yes, I donated 5 nuggets. But before this goal you'll have to catch 6 kitties.

Jackiesq
02-25-17, 02:40 AM

Introducing Swamp Trap at 20 ]

For #394
I have this goal too. Yes, I donated 5 nuggets. But before this goal you'll have to catch 6 kitties.

Thx I guess that's the trigger for the first goal. I'm on 4 nuggets now. The kitties are not my problem at the moment. Only the nuggets and the energy for the pondstones and pondwater... For now still not possible to upgrade the pond to 10 on time, hoping to end with 650 lilies and the cat.
Or better; hoping for a miracle!

rainsunset
02-25-17, 02:42 AM
There were many questions what should you do if you don't have golden nuggets and mithril. I think you shouldn't do "between" goals. If you don't donate nuggets you still can upgrade the pond and collect lilies and take part in community event. So you have a chance to get Glen, don't you?

rainsunset
02-25-17, 02:57 AM
Thx I guess that's the trigger for the first goal. I'm on 4 nuggets now. The kitties are not my problem at the moment. Only the nuggets and the energy for the pondstones and pondwater... For now still not possible to upgrade the pond to 10 on time, hoping to end with 650 lilies and the cat.
Or better; hoping for a miracle!

Do you have dark cave formations in your inventory? It gives pond stones on each chopping so it's 10/10. Knights bring it from dark cave adventure.

Jackiesq
02-25-17, 03:06 AM
Do you have dark cave formations in your inventory? It gives pond stones on each chopping so it's 10/10. Knights bring it from dark cave adventure.
Thx for the tip!
Checked and dubble checked... no 😦
But maybe that I can buy some of these, because I get 3~5 from 20 chops now.
Pondwater ~1 for 2 energy.
And the beastlings are hard to get down too ~15 energy or so, but happy they show up kind of easy at the moment...

darthkris
02-25-17, 03:17 AM
You are lucky if you get beastlings... I donated the mithril and the nuggets since I get a lot of nuggets from chopping ordinary rocks lately.

I seem to get more nuggets then pond stones. LOL
Seriously, I chopped a whole rock (20 hits) and just got 2-3 pond stones.
Right now I am sick and don't have to worry about homework, kids and work, but next week will be a whole lot of different and I won'tbe able to play every 2-3 hours.

katbtodd
02-25-17, 03:23 AM
Haven't see any info on this The wisteria house you get by leveling up your pond to 10 has an 8 hour timer on it, I believe and it just droped me 800 coin . Nothing else, Katt, have I got this right , it just drops coin , if so in my inventory it goes ,

joewasicek
02-25-17, 03:28 AM
Hi Guys, I've seen a couple of posts about this but haven't seen anyone post a reply or give an answer to this problem. I can't open the Blue Book icon on the top right side of the screen. I can open the Green Prince Frog icon about 50% of the time, after tapping several times on it. Does anyone know why or have any suggestions? (I'm playing on an Android.) Thank you and good luck everybody on this challenging event!

DrP4ever
02-25-17, 03:59 AM
So now 3 days and still can't get into account. Support hasn't been helpful either. None of my games show up any more sadly. Even if I get it back sadly I've lost all my resources I used since it will be too late to finish.

ShibuyaCloth
02-25-17, 04:38 AM
So now 3 days and still can't get into account. Support hasn't been helpful either. None of my games show up any more sadly. Even if I get it back sadly I've lost all my resources I used since it will be too late to finish.

With CS 1.7, iOS 6 or more is needed. On top of that it is unstable, even on iOS 9. Have not tested on iOS 10. 1.6.3 was so unstable that i was useless. Which version of the game do you use?

4everpaps4me
02-25-17, 05:59 AM
How do I find golden nuggets?

rulerofjennyville
02-25-17, 06:02 AM
How do I find golden nuggets?

Chopping rocks and mines. Now is a good time to look for them because S8 is having more of them drop for this challenge. I've found five so far.

Hawisa
02-25-17, 06:24 AM
Tried to buy a skunkupine trap for 5 gems......game took THIRTY of my gems and NO TRAP

JojoMoonflower
02-25-17, 06:32 AM
Swamp kitty also drops creep tooth & 230/250 coins (not sure if it was a 3 or 5).

Does the swamp kitty also drop cat tails and water lilies? Oh, never mind, I see it on first page.

meme1098
02-25-17, 06:58 AM

Have you tried to login using another S8 game with the login feature? I use Fruit Splash Mania.
Here's a link to the login instructions:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

Was gonna PM you with instructions but it's not an option tapping your name.

ToshiNoMiya
02-25-17, 07:07 AM
I'm giving up on the event, aside from trying to get the green kitty.

Since the event started the swamp beasts have spawned from my two mines - both L6 - a grand total of 5 times, with an average of 4 visits per day. Which a not-spawn rate like that, I can't really see how I could possibly finish the event without using gems, and I feel doing that would be rewarding S8 for unacceptable practices, so I won't.

I'm a bit sad about that, because it used to be that with some effort events could be successfully finished, but if S8 now prefers to annoy long time players and in return get bad reviews in the appstore, well, their choice.

ShibuyaCloth
02-25-17, 07:15 AM
I'm giving up on the event, aside from trying to get the green kitty.

Since the event started the swamp beasts have spawned from my two mines - both L6 - a grand total of 5 times, with an average of 4 visits per day. Which a not-spawn rate like that, I can't really see how I could possibly finish the event without using gems, and I feel doing that would be rewarding S8 for unacceptable practices, so I won't.

I'm a bit sad about that, because it used to be that with some effort events could be successfully finished, but if S8 now prefers to annoy long time players and in return get bad reviews in the appstore, well, their choice.

Have faith, I am in the same boat. In general we get a booster by the end.

KazLnd36
02-25-17, 07:35 AM
I would have to agree, the drop rate of the Beastlings is pathetically low, this is the first challenge in years I am giving up on. Unlike previous challenges, this one cannot be completed without spending many gems, a new low for S8. I have not been getting as many as 2 Beastlings in 10 visits to mines/Ivy's hut, and there are not enough days in this event to complete it at that rate.

katbtodd
02-25-17, 07:49 AM
Does the swamp kitty also drop cat tails and water lilies? Oh, never mind, I see it on first page.

Thinking it was 10 swamp Lily's in an 8 hour timer,,only collected once

Jennerwein1
02-25-17, 08:27 AM
Have faith, I am in the same boat. In general we get a booster by the end.

For gems, I am sure. Or real money.

kattkrazie
02-25-17, 08:40 AM
Haven't see any info on this The wisteria house you get by leveling up your pond to 10 has an 8 hour timer on it, I believe and it just droped me 800 coin . Nothing else, Katt, have I got this right , it just drops coin , if so in my inventory it goes ,

Yes, you are correct. The Wisteria House drops coins. But at least it's pretty.

TerraRanomi
02-25-17, 08:54 AM

This is not in the first post yet but it can also drop different amounts of coins. And it just dropped a rat tail plus a black flag for creep tooth again. Cattails are not a drop. Would be nice if it did though. :)

danzplace
02-25-17, 09:01 AM
If you can get to level six on the pond then things look very hopeful. Should reach 250 by tomorrow. Tough part will be that I am returning to work Monday. My goal is to get the pergola and hope it has good drops.

quackedup
02-25-17, 09:04 AM
I got 3 cat tails from the swamp beastling. The kitty is too cute. It took 20 hit points. I am out of mines and clicked Ivy's hit earlier today. I will have to wait till tomorrow for my next battle

Hi Guys, I've seen a couple of posts about this but haven't seen anyone post a reply or give an answer to this problem. I can't open the Blue Book icon on the top right side of the screen. I can open the Green Prince Frog icon about 50% of the time, after tapping several times on it. Does anyone know why or have any suggestions? (I'm playing on an Android.) Thank you and good luck everybody on this challenging event!

I have also been looking for the answer about the icons on the right that don't work. Has there been any answers? Ive been playing castle story for years, but rarely go on the forum as when I do I have nothing but more discontent about the game, so many concerns by hundreds of people playing who are never heard or answered to by storm8.

HappyHeartBakery
02-25-17, 09:47 AM
I see people having trouble with mines dropping kitty's...sadly I am stuck on getting 1 more gold nugget. I have wasted multiple speed ups & "gold nugget boosts' to no avail very frustrating

faeriedom
02-25-17, 10:19 AM
I need help!! I have all the items to upgrade to level 2, but don't have the option to upgrade 😕😬

faeriedom
02-25-17, 10:21 AM
Sorry left out the item to upgrade: murky swamp

4everpaps4me
02-25-17, 10:24 AM
Thank you!

dragoniakingdom
02-25-17, 10:33 AM
S8 can you please cut out the "random" in this case the Beastlings. To be stuck for 3 days now with none while others get 1 each from Ivy,mines is not exactly fair is it!

kattkrazie
02-25-17, 11:10 AM
I have also been looking for the answer about the icons on the right that don't work. Has there been any answers? Ive been playing castle story for years, but rarely go on the forum as when I do I have nothing but more discontent about the game, so many concerns by hundreds of people playing who are never heard or answered to by storm8.

Actually, the mods and devs are very diligent about answering valid questions from players. Many of the disgruntled players who post aren't really asking a question, just stating their opinion about the challenge.

DragonWished
02-25-17, 11:18 AM
Totally agree. Very frustrating.

S8 can you please cut out the "random" in this case the Beastlings. To be stuck for 3 days now with none while others get 1 each from Ivy,mines is not exactly fair is it!

DragonWished
02-25-17, 11:23 AM

This is my question, as well. Android player. I can't open either icon but the Green Frog Prince seems to be collecting something as there is a 3 over his head right now where a 1 was earlier.

katbtodd
02-25-17, 11:31 AM
Yes, you are correct. The Wisteria House drops coins. But at least it's pretty.

Yes it is..but space is precious ,

kattkrazie
02-25-17, 11:38 AM
Yes it is..but space is precious ,

I know. There would be a lot of happy players if we got some expansion areas opened up soon. (Hint hint) ;)

Zirilka
02-25-17, 11:51 AM
I know. There would be a lot of happy players if we got some expansion areas opened up soon. (Hint hint) ;)

The deco of this event IS amazing as usual, I really love it. I would hope to keep it all but the SPACE it takes is ridiculous. Take the carriage, ideally it would be 1x2, instead it is 2x3. Why would I keep it on my board?

riverly
02-25-17, 12:06 PM
S8 can you please cut out the "random" in this case the Beastlings. To be stuck for 3 days now with none while others get 1 each from Ivy,mines is not exactly fair is it!i have been tapping ivys hut with my last 1 remaining energy, and most of the time that has been working. I've tried that on the mines too, but find the results there are not as good, but it has worked some. I just did it with Ivy and then my mines. Ivy spawned a kitty and one of my mines spawned a kitty. Last night I did it with my mines but spawned boars. A lot of players haven't gotten good results from doing this, but I'm still testing this method. Can't hurt.

It has something to do with algorithms?

Alohatami
02-25-17, 12:25 PM
I see people having trouble with mines dropping kitty's...sadly I am stuck on getting 1 more gold nugget. I have wasted multiple speed ups & "gold nugget boosts' to no avail very frustrating
I'm not sure which is worse - needing only one more gold nugget, or only having 1 gold nugget (me). Regardless, it IS very frustrating to be stuck so early in the quest, at the mercy of a rare random drop, watching the timer tick away.

Jackiesq
02-25-17, 12:30 PM
i have been tapping ivys hut with my last 1 remaining energy, and most of the time that has been working. I've tried that on the mines too, but find the results there are not as good, but it has worked some. I just did it with Ivy and then my mines. Ivy spawned a kitty and one of my mines spawned a kitty. Last night I did it with my mines but spawned boars. A lot of players haven't gotten good results from doing this, but I'm still testing this method. Can't hurt.

It has something to do with algorithms?

The 1 energything defenitly doesn't give me a close to 100% chance! My feeling says the more other things are crying for energy do give a better%. 1 energy gives me less beastlings then if I have 20+ so far.

For now 1 thing really DID help for me;
I got 1 beastling in 2 days, so I posted to stop: 6 beastlings in a row!
I posted that, but that I got dire boars over and over after that: 5 beastlings in a row!
I posted my problem was the golden nuggets: got my 5th nugget!
4x nothing now, so....
I'm ready for the next row of beastlings S8! 😉

MoonVillage3
02-25-17, 12:32 PM

I'm not sure which is worse - needing only one more gold nugget, or only having 1 gold nugget (me). Regardless, it IS very frustrating to be stuck so early in the quest, at the mercy of a rare random drop, watching the timer tick away.

Keep chopping Outcropping Rocks. I've seen more gold nuggets drops than usual today. Maybe drop rate has been adjusted in favor of the event needs. In the meantime all the Pond Stones you collect can be used in upgrading the Pond when you get to move ahead as many are needed.

xtinem070672
02-25-17, 02:07 PM
Side Goal Part 3...anyone know how many gems needed to skip the royal beams requirement?

scavaig
02-25-17, 02:50 PM
Side Goal Part 3...anyone know how many gems needed to skip the royal beams requirement?

Skip is 75 gems

Lipand5kids
02-25-17, 03:33 PM

I still only have 1 gold nugget and still stuck. Not looking good on getting past this round. I have upgraded my swamp which is nice that I don't have to wait for the next round. But very frustrating that I have to have gold nuggets again! Ugh!

candie1230
02-25-17, 04:34 PM
This lack of beastlings is becoming increasingly frustrating... people are finished the tasks and I'm just sitting here collecting from non productive mines and Ivy's hut. Storm8 should make the rate drops EQUAL FOR EVERYONE!!!

flowerqueen007
02-25-17, 04:37 PM
This lack of beastlings is becoming increasingly frustrating... people are finished the tasks and I'm just sitting here collecting from non productive mines and Ivy's hut. Storm8 should make the rate drops EQUAL FOR EVERYONE!!!

The drops are equal for everyone, but some people spend gems either to buy catstails or speed up the mines, I have finished, Katt has finished, we both spent a few gems.

linmii
02-25-17, 04:44 PM
Waiting for beastlings to spawn is beyond frustrating! I've set timers to collect from my mines and Ivy's hut and haven't had a beastling in over 12 hours. I've had plenty of fang beasts and dire boars though. This is ridiculous in a timed event!

kattkrazie
02-25-17, 04:45 PM
The drops are equal for everyone, but some people spend gems either to buy catstails or speed up the mines, I have finished, Katt has finished, we both spent a few gems.

Yes, I used gems to speed up the mines. This seemed to be the best use of gems in this challenge.

jadefern34
02-25-17, 04:48 PM
I have not spawned a single beastling since I completed the 1st of the side goal. I've done what everyone suggested i.e. to tap on mines/ivy's hut when I'm only down to 1 energy. It's been more than a day now and I am stuck on level 6 of the lily pond because I have zero cattails 😫

rulerofjennyville
02-25-17, 06:06 PM
Yes, I used gems to speed up the mines. This seemed to be the best use of gems in this challenge.

I've been using them to speed up the swamp - I want the frog so that seems like the best use. But it doesn't look like I'm going to get him anyway. It's a slow slog. And I even got 35 energy off an adventure this morning.

jo_fitz
02-25-17, 07:10 PM
I feel like we should get some energy boxes! I've gone through my entire stash of Alicorns!

rulerofjennyville
02-25-17, 07:23 PM
Huh. Well, once again it was showing the bar hadn't moved on the community prizes. I knew that couldn't be right. I turned my phone off and on again and suddenly the bar had moved and I got the path. So if anyone else is having that glitch try that.

cavegirl1
02-25-17, 07:29 PM
I've been using them to speed up the swamp - I want the frog so that seems like the best use. But it doesn't look like I'm going to get him anyway. It's a slow slog. And I even got 35 energy off an adventure this morning.

I haven't used any gems yet as I normally don't need to for these type of events but at this stage by my calcs, I won't be able to complete it without them. It will be the first I haven't completed ...

I have managed to get the pond to level 7 but working forward, if things progress at the same rate for upgrading, I will be a few hundred lilies off getting the frog. Only have 220 at the moment and won't be able to collect during the week when working.

So am focussing on getting all the stones and water, given energy is not too much of a problem, and then will see what I do ...

I really want the final community prize probably more than the frog, so am hoping there are lots out there doing better then me...

rulerofjennyville
02-25-17, 07:37 PM
I haven't used any gems yet as I normally don't need to for these type of events but at this stage by my calcs, I won't be able to complete it without them. It will be the first I haven't completed ...

I have managed to get the pond to level 7 but working forward, if things progress at the same rate for upgrading, I will be a few hundred lilies off getting the frog. Only have 220 at the moment and won't be able to collect during the week when working.

So am focussing on getting all the stones and water, given energy is not too much of a problem, and then will see what I do ...

I really want the final community prize probably more than the frog, so am hoping there are lots out there doing better then me...

I had gotten the gems for free and I figured I'd just loose them in a gem trap so I went for it. But I might not finish even with the gems. I'll be surprised if I get the frog which is what I want. It's been snowing really hard here so I've been trapped inside playing the game and still not getting very far. I'd be interested in hearing if someone finishes without gems.

cavegirl1
02-25-17, 07:55 PM
I had gotten the gems for free and I figured I'd just loose them in a gem trap so I went for it. But I might not finish even with the gems. I'll be surprised if I get the frog which is what I want.

Guess all I can say is , good luck to us all !!!

Ki250
02-25-17, 07:58 PM
OMG this game makes me want to scream sometimes. I just collected from Ivy's Hut and got a stupid Dire Bore now I have to wait another twelve hours and hope I get a Beastling. I am slowly becoming disillusioned with the events. We work so hard to try to complete them and we have to wait a long time to collect, use energy/wait for energy to replenish. Or if you want/have them you can gem ahead. Oh why oh why can't events just be fun and reasonable to complete. Don't get me wrong I like this game and I choose to play it but sometimes it really frustrates me the way things turn out in the game.

flowerqueen007
02-25-17, 10:02 PM
Huh. Well, once again it was showing the bar hadn't moved on the community prizes. I knew that couldn't be right. I turned my phone off and on again and suddenly the bar had moved and I got the path. So if anyone else is having that glitch try that.

It wasnt a glitch, once you got to 250 lillies you were eligible for the community prizes and so the "bar" showed up.

Alohatami
02-25-17, 11:21 PM
Keep chopping Outcropping Rocks. I've seen more gold nuggets drops than usual today. Maybe drop rate has been adjusted in favor of the event needs. In the meantime all the Pond Stones you collect can be used in upgrading the Pond when you get to move ahead as many are needed.
If my energy isn't going to gathering pond water or ****ing beastlings (or other unwanted pests), it has been going to chopping rocks, with the rare exception of collecting a few crafted items or coins from a building so I can keep buying rock outcroppings. And still, I only have one nugget. I'm beginning to think that each player has their nemesis item. For me, it's the nuggets. For some, it's mithril. For others, it's swamp beastlings.

MoonVillage3
02-26-17, 12:19 AM
If my energy isn't going to gathering pond water or ****ing beastlings (or other unwanted pests), it has been going to chopping rocks, with the rare exception of collecting a few crafted items or coins from a building so I can keep buying rock outcroppings. And still, I only have one nugget. I'm beginning to think that each player has their nemesis item. For me, it's the nuggets. For some, it's mithril. For others, it's swamp beastlings.
Nuggets, apples and mithril were my lacking objects. I could collect from 100 apple trees and never see a gold apple. Then I got the offer for the gold mine.. I made my investment and resolved my problems of all the gold objects. Nuggets I always have to spare, even if I do the 5 gem trade often to repay my investment.
Mirthril annoyed me so much to craft as occupied my forge for so many hours.. so I invested in the mithril dragon. He does do his job.. and problem resolved.
As you move further in levels.. think about investing in something your game always lacks. It prepares your kingdom to face difficulties in events, especially timed. You'll be satisfied in your investment.. as does resolve the difficulties you had.

dioate
02-26-17, 12:43 AM
I have played all day collecting from mines and ivy, out of all the play, I managed one beastling. This is ridiculous. I can't upgrade swamp and after playing these days, I have 98 water lilies. Since this started I am lucky if I get one beastling a day. I do not have any monsters, I keep the music on. Plus, fangbeasts and dire boars are running rampant. Has this happened to anyone else?

Alohatami
02-26-17, 01:07 AM
Nuggets, apples and mithril were my lacking objects. I could collect from 100 apple trees and never see a gold apple. Then I got the offer for the gold mine.. I made my investment and resolved my problems of all the gold objects. Nuggets I always have to spare, even if I do the 5 gem trade often to repay my investment.
Mirthril annoyed me so much to craft as occupied my forge for so many hours.. so I invested in the mithril dragon. He does do his job.. and problem resolved.
As you move further in levels.. think about investing in something your game always lacks. It prepares your kingdom to face difficulties in events, especially timed. You'll be satisfied in your investment.. as does resolve the difficulties you had.
Until such time as Storm8 sees the wisdom of adding an "Are you sure you want to spend X gems on Y item?" confirmation button, I will not spend real money on gems. I have lost too many of my hard earned gems to truly accidental misclicks. But I rationalize that I didn't spend real money on them anyway, so it's not that great a loss. If, however, that happened to gems I had actually purchased, I would be very, very displeased. And, despite trying very hard to save my gems, I don't have anywhere close to enough to buy those items you mentioned. I am in agreement with those players who think asking for items with such a ridiculously low drop rate on a timed quest is cruel and unusual punishment. What I need to try and do is ignore these timed quests (easier said than done), and just work on the storyline, because even though they're asking for nuggets, I have as much time as I need to acquire them to complete those quests.

Jennerwein1
02-26-17, 01:37 AM
I do not believe drops are equal for everyone. Never have been. Depends on whether your random number generator loves you or not. Mine hates me.

zoroak
02-26-17, 01:58 AM
This is a difficult event for those who do not have resources (mithril, gold nuggets, energy) and do not want to spend gems. The random drops can be frustrating. However, can someone confirm if you can upgrade the lily pond even when you do not complete step 2 of the lily pond goals, i.e. donate nuggets and mithril? If yes, then you can choose not to do this and still upgrade the lily pond and continue getting more water lilies for the community event. Only thing you will miss out is the wisteria house, which at the moment only drops coins.

Pick your battles depending on your resources. If you are not willing to spend gems, chop rocks and collect from ponds regularly or have sufficient energy resources to do so, at the very least the crafted swamp kitty is possible to attain even though beastling spawns are low, spawning about 7 beastlings in 11 days is do-able.

If you can upgrade your lily pond but not attain lvl 10, and at least collect 250 water lilies, then you'd be eligible for community prizes, perhaps only missing out on the frog, wisteria mansion (drops coins) and pergola (deco).

Bottom line is that it's possible to get something from this event and yes, your rewards usually would be proportional to how much resources, effort and gems you are willing to spend. Good luck to everyone!

Jinc4
02-26-17, 02:03 AM
A side benefit from all this collecting from ponds is the Elves can have as many blue fish as they want!!!;)

kattkrazie
02-26-17, 02:09 AM

Using gems to speed up a low level pond is a waste. Speeding up the mines gets you the cattails which are needed to upgrade the pond. Once the pond is upgraded, then it drops many more water lillies for the same 4 gems.

cavegirl1
02-26-17, 02:14 AM
I do not believe drops are equal for everyone. Never have been. Depends on whether your random number generator loves you or not. Mine hates me.

Agree. I have always been lucky to have things go my way in previous events. That is really sinking in this time. As my signature says, play for fun and relaxation, but I am finding that much harder with this event ...

SpiritWind00
02-26-17, 03:09 AM
Please be considerate of other players opinions. It is against the forum rules to pick fights, create undue discontent or insult other players. I do not think that the posts over the previous few pages are constructive and I've removed quite a few.

One thing to keep in mind is that you do not have to do any of the goals or side goals. You can just concentrate on the lily pond if you want to. Don't give up nuggets or mithril if you don't want to. You don't need to spend gems...

The reality is that not everyone completes events, not everyone can spend all day in the game. You have to play in a way that suits you. In saying that, please be considerate that what you post won't offend another player.

Thanks.

Jackiesq
02-26-17, 03:28 AM
SW
Can you also remove the text that the side goals showing up after the 4th beastling?

I guess it's after hatching a beastling, but that you also have to do something in the other goalline. I still haven't finished part 2 (because of te 5 nuggets), and still no side goals for me.
I have the nuggets now, but I think I can't complete the goalline, so for now I try to upgrade the pool as far as I can during the weekend and if I think I can make it I'll donate them (if not I keep them for next event!). If the side goal shows up, I'll let you know!

sunnyhook
02-26-17, 03:57 AM
No monsters spawned already, collected from ivy's hut 4 times, collected from mines 6 times each. No spawn of this stupid swamp cat. It was much easier to spawn in the very beginning. Now I'm trying to level the swamp up to level 6 and 10 cattails has taken me days when each cat drops 3-4 tails. This is not possible at this rate. I have spent a lot of money on this game and I don't mind using gems here and there but when you can't even hardly get started without gems and can now barely play at all without hundreds of them, its getting frustrating. Can we have an event that is at least feasible without them?

TerraRanomi
02-26-17, 04:21 AM
SW
Can you also remove the text that the side goals showing up after the 4th beastling?

I guess it's after hatching a beastling, but that you also have to do something in the other goalline. I still haven't finished part 2 (because of te 5 nuggets), and still no side goals for me.
I have the nuggets now, but I think I can't complete the goalline, so for now I try to upgrade the pool as far as I can during the weekend and if I think I can make it I'll donate them (if not I keep them for next event!). If the side goal shows up, I'll let you know!

The side goal showed up after defeating 3 beastlings. (Was working on chapter 4 & my pond was stage 4 at the time.) I'm guessing completing a certain chapter and/or stage of your pond is also a requirement to trigger the side goal.

DrP4ever
02-26-17, 04:38 AM
Have you tried to login using another S8 game with the login feature? I use Fruit Splash Mania.
Here's a link to the login instructions:

Was gonna PM you with instructions but it's not an option tapping your name.

Yes sadly all my games are gone, back to the very beginning. :(

castle1423
02-26-17, 06:08 AM
I have done the math and no way can I complete this quest. I need 79 more cat tails. I'm getting 6-8 a day. At The most that's 56. Not even close. So far only Ivy's hut is spawning a swamp beast.

brock6789
02-26-17, 06:21 AM
What crops will spawn a skunkupine

8pry8
02-26-17, 06:23 AM
What crops will spawn a skunkupine

first page ;)

rulerofjennyville
02-26-17, 07:40 AM
I have done the math and no way can I complete this quest. I need 79 more cat tails. I'm getting 6-8 a day. At The most that's 56. Not even close. So far only Ivy's hut is spawning a swamp beast.

You're getting more than me. Ivy's hut is all that spawns for me and I get three off of it for only six a day. There's no way I am going to finish it either. I would like to hear from anyone who was able to get the frog without gems.

mikepastry
02-26-17, 07:41 AM
I did not have any beastlings ALL DAY yesterday and this morning when I collected from Ivy's and 2 sparkling mines, I got NONE again! This is ridiculous! If the goal is to MAKE us spend gems, then I REFUSE! I have gems, but out of principal I will spend NONE on cattails! The Ivy's Hut collection time is 12!!! hours; S8, if you picked this building for the event, you should have programmed it to spawn a beastling EVERY TIME one collects from it! And even selecting Sparkling Mine as a collection resource for the most essential material in this goal, was a bad choice! 1. The RATHER long collection time (4 hours!) as compared to other buildings that were used before (Farmhouses, Cottages, Old Thomas's, etc); 2. There is a limit on purchasing this type of buildings, so we cannot improve our chances of getting the beastlings by increasing the number of resource buildings; 3. We don't get a beastling EVERY collection time. This is a real show stopper in this goal! Why not give us a beastling every time we collect from Ivy's or mines?! And why not disable other monsters on mines for the time of the event?! To wait for 4 hours just to get a boar?! This does not create a positive game experience, but anger and frustration!

ANY GOAL SHOULD BE DOABLE WITHOUT SPENDING GEMS! Forcing players to spend gems by creating conditions that could be overcome ONLY by paying with gems will not only NOT increase your revenue, but I am afraid, quite the opposite, will result in unwillingness to spend any gems at all! If in the beginning of this event I was planning to spend some gems on crafting additional pet beastlings, now I decided to spend ZERO gems!

rulerofjennyville
02-26-17, 07:45 AM
I did not have any beastlings ALL DAY yesterday and this morning when I collected from Ivy's and 2 sparkling mines, I got NONE again! This is ridiculous! If the goal is to MAKE us spend gems, then I REFUSE! I have gems, but out of principal I will spend NONE on cattails! The Ivy's Hut collection time is 12!!! hours; S8, if you picked this building for the event, you should have programmed it to spawn a beastling EVERY TIME one collects from it! And even selecting Sparkling Mine as a collection resource for the most essential material in this goal, was a bad choice! 1. The RATHER long collection time (4 hours!) as compared to other buildings that were used before (Farmhouses, Cottages, Old Thomas's, etc); 2. There is a limit on purchasing this type of buildings, so we cannot improve our chances of getting the beastlings by increasing the number of resource buildings; 3. We don't get a beastling EVERY collection time. This is a real show stopper in this goal! Why not give us a beastling every time we collect from Ivy's or mines?! And why not disable other monsters on mines for the time of the event?! To wait for 4 hours just to get a boar?! This does not create a positive game experience, but anger and frustration!

ANY GOAL SHOULD BE DOABLE WITHOUT SPENDING GEMS! Forcing players to spend gems by creating conditions that could be overcome ONLY by paying with gems will not only NOT increase your revenue, but I am afraid, quite the opposite, will result in unwillingness to spend any gems at all! If in the beginning of this event I was planning to spend some gems on crafting additional pet beastlings, now I decided to spend ZERO gems!

I'm getting one every time I click on Ivy's hut and there is still no way I will get the frog. I used up 40 of the gems I already had to speed up the swamp and I still won't get it. So you not only have to buy gems by my calculations you have to buy a lot of gems to finish this task. Seeing as they've laid off a lot of workers this isn't a good way to keep people playing. This was a poorly thought out challenge.

tuffyjkitten
02-26-17, 07:55 AM
Add me to the no beastlings list. Got 1 from Ivy yesterday but nothing from either mine since the very first goal to fight one was completed. I doubt I will get the pond fully upgraded, which probably means I won't get the frog either. I like the swamp kitty so I am thinking of putting the 13 cat tails I have towards crafting that and not towards upgrading the pond. I also started on Thursday, so I lost 2 days of the event. With only 3 sources of beastlings possible per kingdom the spawn rate should be much higher.

perry5
02-26-17, 08:03 AM
The Beastling spawn rate is ridiculous. I won't be gemming through this one. So long froggy.

riverly
02-26-17, 08:30 AM
No gems from me either. So far anyway. I'm going to wait and see how close I come. If it comes down to speeding up something I'll do it then.

HuckleTown
02-26-17, 08:42 AM
Until such time as Storm8 sees the wisdom of adding an "Are you sure you want to spend X gems on Y item?" confirmation button, I will not spend real money on gems. I have lost too many of my hard earned gems to truly accidental misclicks. But I rationalize that I didn't spend real money on them anyway, so it's not that great a loss. If, however, that happened to gems I had actually purchased, I would be very, very displeased. And, despite trying very hard to save my gems, I don't have anywhere close to enough to buy those items you mentioned. I am in agreement with those players who think asking for items with such a ridiculously low drop rate on a timed quest is cruel and unusual punishment. What I need to try and do is ignore these timed quests (easier said than done), and just work on the storyline, because even though they're asking for nuggets, I have as much time as I need to acquire them to complete those quests.

I completely agree with you about gems.

Regarding spawn rate, there is no way it is the same for everyone. I decided i wanted the kitty so I saved my cat tails for that. Three days later I finally earned enough to upgrade my pond to level 2.

Is there any advantage besides more Lily's to upgrading the pond? I've only got 83 waterlillys at the moment so don't see reaching 250 being realistic. Some question for the community is is it worth the energy and resources to upgrade the pond when I am not participating in the quest?

ConnectFire611
02-26-17, 08:55 AM
To make things faster I would love for a new boost in Apothecary that will speed up Resource and Character Buildings that way Ivy's Hut instead of 12 hours with one boost I could collect in 9 hours if lasts like the Fast Worker boost that's active for 3 hours turning 6 hours into 3 hours.

linurm
02-26-17, 09:03 AM
the bug is ......3609836099
I'm losing the Water Lilies

zoroak
02-26-17, 09:05 AM

Regarding spawn rate, there is no way it is the same for everyone. I decided i wanted the kitty so I saved my cat tails for that. Three days later I finally earned enough to upgrade my pond to level 2.

Is there any advantage besides more Lily's to upgrading the pond? I've only got 83 waterlillys at the moment so don't see reaching 250 being realistic. Some question for the community is is it worth the energy and resources to upgrade the pond when I am not participating in the quest?

Have you crafted your swamp kitty yet? If so, the swamp kitty gives 10 water lilies every 8h, so you can realistically get 30 per day and with 6 days + left to the quest, you can get another 180 water lilies so add that to the 83 you'll reach 250 easily, making you eligible for community prizes.

8pry8
02-26-17, 09:18 AM

You could use only so much energy for pond stones and water as you use for the next upgrade and then wait if you spawn enough beastlings.

For me .. spending gems to speeding anything is not worthy, due to not enough energy to collect stones and water .. or in other words .. till I have collected enough ponds stones and water I more or less also have enough tails ... but if speeding up something it's more worthy to speed up the mines and enhance so the drop rate of water lilies (or - perhaps even better - use the gems directly to buy the tails .. then you have for sure the tails, for more or less the same amount of gems (katt said she needed to speed up the mines 4-5 times)

and in general .. about buying gems .. this is also no option for me, till there is a conformation button .. but without this I'm not willing to spend real money

zoroak
02-26-17, 09:25 AM
or - perhaps even better - use the gems directly to buy the tails .. then you have for sure the tails, for more or less the same amount of gems (katt said she needed to speed up the mines 4-5 times)

I wouldn't buy cattails directly as they're 10 gems each. If you bought the trap for 20 gems, you're guaranteed a beastling which you can slay for a minimum of 2 and up to 4 cattails.

cccymaaa
02-26-17, 09:33 AM
I think this game is trying to teach us to let go of things :). I hardly remember what was the last few timed events and they just keep coming every other week like a auto-subscribe shipment. Not worthy of all this frustration.
I am a long time player so have nothing else to do. The only thing that's bothering me is the spawn of swamp kitty, hardly getting one or two. So, I wont bother with the upgrade of Lily pond any more (I am at 7 with 0 cattails). There's still 6+ days left, so I will try for frog and craft the kitty. I refuse to use my gems on timed events, it is just a thrill of the moment.

8pry8
02-26-17, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't buy cattails directly as they're 10 gems each. If you bought the trap for 20 gems, you're guaranteed a beastling which you can slay for a minimum of 2 and up to 4 cattails.

you're right .. that's even better .. or the best version ;)

zoroak
02-26-17, 10:11 AM
you're right .. that's even better .. or the best version ;)

;) ahh but only if you have energy to spare for slaying beastling

rulerofjennyville
02-26-17, 10:14 AM
Have you crafted your swamp kitty yet? If so, the swamp kitty gives 10 water lilies every 8h, so you can realistically get 30 per day and with 6 days + left to the quest, you can get another 180 water lilies so add that to the 83 you'll reach 250 easily, making you eligible for community prizes.

I didn't go for the swamp kitty and now I'm sorry I didn't - there was no way to get both and now there's no way to just get the swamp kitty. I would have at least gotten something.

8pry8
02-26-17, 10:14 AM
;) ahh but only if you have energy to spare for slaying beastling

.. and for the pond water and stones ;)
.. and of course only if spending gems is an option :)

8pry8
02-26-17, 10:22 AM
I didn't go for the swamp kitty and now I'm sorry I didn't - there was no way to get both and now there's no way to just get the swamp kitty. I would have at least gotten something.

I like the look from the pond (I have to say, I like more as it looks before fully upgraded :D .. therefore I would not be so sad, if I would not reach to fully upgrade it)

further I like to help the community .. till now, I'm at 289 water lilies, my pond is level 7 (no more tails at the moment for next upgrade) .. and I spent 20 of my free gems to buy a trap as it was necessary for the side goal. First I liked to wait, till the beast from the trap would be the 9th but then I just needed 3 tails more for the upgrade to level 7 and found it more worthy to do it earlier (+4 lilies each collection) .. I hope I'll spawn at least another 5 beastlings to get my 20 gems back

.. and the swamp kitty is no priority at the moment for me, because it helps less for the community event then to upgrade the pond ... I will think again, when the side gaol to craft one will appear

ktorewqas
02-26-17, 10:26 AM
the bug is ......3609836099
I'm losing the Water Lilies
I think you should contact the support.

zoroak
02-26-17, 10:39 AM

Don't give up hope, the spawns are rare but possible. In 2 and half days, without gems and swamp traps I spawned, slayed and accumulated enough cattails to craft a swamp kitty (i have more than 1). You just need 1-2 spawns per day till end of quest to get sufficient cattails to craft the kitty. Good luck!

rulerofjennyville
02-26-17, 10:58 AM
I like the look from the pond (I have to say, I like more as it looks before fully upgraded :D .. therefore I would not be so sad, if I would not reach to fully upgrade it)

further I like to help the community .. till now, I'm at 289 water lilies, my pond is level 7 (no more tails at the moment for next upgrade) .. and I spent 20 of my free gems to buy a trap as it was necessary for the side goal. First I liked to wait, till the beast from the trap would be the 9th but then I just needed 3 tails more for the upgrade to level 7 and found it more worthy to do it earlier (+4 lilies each collection) .. I hope I'll spawn at least another 5 beastlings to get my 20 gems back

.. and the swamp kitty is no priority at the moment for me, because it helps less for the community event then to upgrade the pond ... I will think again, when the side gaol to craft one will appear

I don't have a choice now - I have to keep going for the frog I think. And there is now way to get the frog without gems. This challenge is just going to alienate the players further - why did they make Ivy's hut the only way to generate the cat? I've tried the mines and never gotten a cat off of them.

robotparade
02-26-17, 11:44 AM
The deco of this event IS amazing as usual, I really love it. I would hope to keep it all but the SPACE it takes is ridiculous. Take the carriage, ideally it would be 1x2, instead it is 2x3. Why would I keep it on my board?

I agree, the art is beautiful. But the mansion is HUGE! :confused:

I like the size of the Wisteria carriage, though. At this size it looks good between my other carriages.

AnisWa
02-26-17, 11:45 AM
If you can get to level six on the pond then things look very hopeful. Should reach 250 by tomorrow. Tough part will be that I am returning to work Monday. My goal is to get the pergola and hope it has good drops.

The pergola does not drop anything. Only the Wisteria Manor. Swamp Cat and frog, so far, drops water lilies.
I'm still on level 8, with no drops from mine, as of 24 hours ago. Ivy's hut drops early morning, second time it drops coins, usual things. I have doubts, with this rate, if the pond will get developed to stage 10. Don't get me started on the rock cropping drops of pond stones. zilts!

Zirilka
02-26-17, 12:24 PM
I have crafted the kitty. Now, before you bash me with reminders how I hate animals in Castle Story, please remember that cats are not animals just furry persons.

That being said: my ludicrous spawning rate became even more ludicrous. The beasties have become rarer than the rarest endangered species from the WWF list.

But I am jumping these hoops, S8, I am jumping. Watch me.

Cyberstorm40
02-26-17, 01:18 PM
I'm stuck! Can't get the gold I need. :(. I've used several boosts for the mines and got one gold nugget that way and bashed rocks til the cows came home, but only one nugget from that. I don't have any more silver runes to make more boosts. I don't have any gems, and I've already spent real money on one of these events so don't want to do that again. This is really frustrating. There have been fun events, but this one is not.

riverly
02-26-17, 01:28 PM
Can't you still collect water lilies without the gold and get a chance for community prizes. The last community prize looks like a wisteria tree.

PurpleScorpion76
02-26-17, 01:31 PM
A side benefit from all this collecting from ponds is the Elves can have as many blue fish as they want!!!;)

Here here! Though they're not asking for those yet. Lol.

planetyarnia
02-26-17, 01:51 PM
Ooooh!Buy gems and get free(!) water lillies!!
And heres me waiting for the special cattails bundle!
Not!!
As a level 50 player this will be the first quest I cannot complete without spending gems.So here I officially give up!
Such a shame how our wonderful game has changed into Pay to Play...And I support the game when I can-like many others-but to be faced with the impossibility of completing quests without spending money just feels so wrong.
Good Luck to everyone still battling!!

HuckleTown
02-26-17, 02:03 PM
I did craft the swamp kitty.

I've never participated in a community event, so, as long as I get 250 waterlillies, will I receive the same prizes as the entire community?

riverly
02-26-17, 02:04 PM
What does the wisteria tree from the quest Secret Garden drop? Is it worth the gold and mitherl?

CelineKats
02-26-17, 02:25 PM
Ooooh!Buy gems and get free(!) water lillies!!
And heres me waiting for the special cattails bundle!
Not!!
As a level 50 player this will be the first quest I cannot complete without spending gems.So here I officially give up!
Such a shame how our wonderful game has changed into Pay to Play...And I support the game when I can-like many others-but to be faced with the impossibility of completing quests without spending money just feels so wrong.
Good Luck to everyone still battling!!

Buy 10 euros of gems and get a wooping 30 water lillies. Indeed the offer i was waiting for. I have so much trouble with the water lillies droprate. All the others are easy peasy :p Not .... Thinking back about LB event i have to say that i prefer that one over pointless speeding up mines and not getting 1 kitty. If you spend money at least you expect something back. This game in that respect has become a slot machine and i truly disgust gambling.

candie1230
02-26-17, 02:38 PM
Has the rocky outcrops stopped dropping pond stones??? I just used 20 energy on a outcrop and didn't get a single stone, and no I'm not maxed out on them either, I double checked, I have 39!!!

planetyarnia
02-26-17, 02:44 PM
Buy 10 euros of gems and get a wooping 30 water lillies. Indeed the offer i was waiting for. I have so much trouble with the water lillies droprate. All the others are easy peasy :p Not .... Thinking back about LB event i have to say that i prefer that one over pointless speeding up mines and not getting 1 kitty. If you spend money at least you expect something back. This game in that respect has become a slot machine and i truly disgust gambling.

I hear you my friend!!

judafarm
02-26-17, 02:54 PM
Where are the beastlings????
Today I had 1 from Ivy..
Not any from mining...
Same as yesterday :(
Again an event that I can't finish:(