PDA

View Full Version : looking for better source of boar tusks and cow hide

tartarosfalling
02-20-17, 01:13 PM
I'm noticing myself always running low on these two items. I have tonnes of unusual animals that drop fur, creep tooth and all sorts of awesome things, but NOTHING that drops boar tusks. And the only things that drop cow hides are barns and cows and it's not enough.

Any rare animals I should be on the lookout for that can help? Maybe something from Baron's tent or quests or rare market sales?

sunnygirl634
02-20-17, 02:05 PM
Royal cows have a high chance of dropping cow hide.

Boar tusks are tough. Basically, you need to try and spawn boars regularly to keep your level up. I don't think they drop from a building or from another animal other than a boar.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-17, 05:01 PM
Royal cows have a high chance of dropping cow hide.

Boar tusks are tough. Basically, you need to try and spawn boars regularly to keep your level up. I don't think they drop from a building or from another animal other than a boar.

My boar tusk levels are always high and I keep a troll parked on my board so I think they do drop from something I have. I don't know what.

dipwid
02-20-17, 05:43 PM
Boars spawn well from strawberries and chopping rocks. The rocks can help with iron, silver, and a chance of dropping gold nuggets while trying to get a boar. If you have the gems, the boar trap is 5 gems.

meme1098
02-20-17, 06:40 PM
Boar tusks can also drop from the Feral Lands Adventure.

TerraRanomi
02-20-17, 07:33 PM
Boar tusks can also drop from the Feral Lands Adventure.

But to adventure into the Feral Lands you already need 12 boar tusks for weapons.

I don't know if you have the colosseum but it drops troll clubs so you don't need as much boar tusks for adventures. :)

Clark_Wayne
02-20-17, 09:10 PM
same here : i used to have lot of boar tusks but since i started feral adventures, i never have enough of them !

meme1098
02-20-17, 09:28 PM
But to adventure into the Feral Lands you already need 12 boar tusks for weapons.

I don't know if you have the colosseum but it drops troll clubs so you don't need as much boar tusks for adventures. :)

same here : i used to have lot of boar tusks but since i started feral adventures, i never have enough of them !

Ah, yes. That's right You need them to craft...lol...sorry about that.

tartarosfalling
02-20-17, 10:09 PM
Yeah right now my only sources of boar tusks are ****ing boars and feral lands. But feral lands max drops 4 or 5, and you need 12 for weapons. And ****ing each boar generally gets you only 1 tusk. Best case scenario you're looking at a minimum of 6 boar ****s per adventure. 8-10 is a more reasonable number.

Problem is boars are the hugest energy sink and I hate them. Plus I much prefer parking monsters.

Jennyville, can you keep an eye out, try and figure out where you're getting tusks from?

Sadly I didn't finish the collaseum. It's too bad too, because the horns only cost 1 tusk each and the clubs are 3 each. Would drop the cost of the adventure down to 3 tusks per which is right around break even point.

I know the marketplace odds for cows, but I'm not buying a royal cow or any of those gem animals, so I'm stuck with what I get from adventures. I've got three white cows and one black cow.

I was kinda hoping something not cow would drop hide too though.

SpiritWind00
02-20-17, 10:45 PM
Boar tusks are only found from defeating dire boars and from the feral lands adventure.

Hide only drops from cows and the stable. Gem cows drop more hides (the more expensive the cow is, the more hides it drops). Purple cow drops purple hide.