PDA

View Full Version : Game shut down several times while visiting neighbors

atseng1
02-18-17, 01:54 AM
I have 16 neighbors (friends), each day when I visit my friends, the game automatically shut down after I visit 3 friends, and it will take me at least 4 - 5 attempts before I could finish visiting my friends, I just wonder does any other players have the same problem? This has been going on for almost a year and is rather annoying and the game administrator should do something to improve the performance. Each time the game got upgraded I was hoping the problem will be fixed, but No, the problem persisted and in fact has gone worst.

Rynetory2
02-18-17, 02:08 AM
Visiting neighbours take up resources on our devices when it loads the graphics in their game. Can you check if your device has plenty of space? If you do, it may be due to your device performance. You may like to try the suggestions under Device Performance Issues section in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91781-Dragon-Story-General-Bug-and-Issues-Thread&p=1300216&viewfull=1#post1300216). If your app is huge, you may like to reinstall it to reduce the size. Hope this helps.

flutterbye222
02-21-17, 12:38 AM
I have the same issue game shuts down when visiting neighbours, plus I cannot spin to win been having this issue and now there is a spin for leader board which doesn't work either

Rynetory2
02-21-17, 12:41 AM
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. :( Can you try the suggestions in my above post? Hope it helps.

atseng1
02-21-17, 07:04 AM
Believe me, I have reinstalled the game dozen of times, and my devices (both iPhone and iPad) have the same issue even though it has plenty of space, nothing helps.

sued62
02-21-17, 07:17 AM
Same for me and my sister. It was suggested we got new devices. We both did but it made no difference. Very frustrating and something the powers that be prefer to blame on our devices rather than admit there's a problem with games. I've lost loads of neighbours who have just given up

Rynetory2
02-21-17, 08:04 AM
Believe me, I have reinstalled the game dozen of times, and my devices (both iPhone and iPad) have the same issue even though it has plenty of space, nothing helps.

I believe you have tried your best and as last resort, perhaps you can reach out to Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) for more personal investigation. All the best!

Rynetory2
02-21-17, 08:06 AM
Same for me and my sister. It was suggested we got new devices. We both did but it made no difference. Very frustrating and something the powers that be prefer to blame on our devices rather than admit there's a problem with games. I've lost loads of neighbours who have just given up

Sorry to hear that your games aren't working well on your new devices. Can you let the Agent know that you're still having these issues on your new devices? Please continue to work with Support on this.

sued62
02-21-17, 09:33 AM
Thanks Rynetory for replying. We have both tried many times to contact support, we get automated reply and nothing else. We gave up as they do not respond. Many players have left dragon story because of the constant crashing. it is such a shame as it spoils the game.

Rynetory2
02-22-17, 05:35 AM
Thanks Rynetory for replying. We have both tried many times to contact support, we get automated reply and nothing else. We gave up as they do not respond. Many players have left dragon story because of the constant crashing. it is such a shame as it spoils the game.

If you like, please send me your ticket numbers via private message and I'll try to find out more for you. Thanks.

snowyhillz
02-22-17, 01:08 PM
If you like, please send me your ticket numbers via private message and I'll try to find out more for you. Thanks.

Rynetory, this is a widespread issue - if you look at the battle and spin to win threads there are lots of complaints about it.... I have an issue with this on my iPad all the time but not my iPhone, not just with visiting neighbours though... the game started crashing for me a few months ago when I did an iOS update (I hoped the next iOS update would fix it but it did not)

My iPhone is still on iOS 9.3.2 ... iPad on iOS 10.2.1 if you look online iOS 10 does have a problem with app crashes

atseng1
03-08-17, 02:15 AM
What does the ticket number do? The issue still there, it's clearly a performance issue at your end, admitted it and solve the problem instead of pointing your finger to user's device, just do the actual work and fix it. I have never seen such irresponsible response and denials.

pernmagic
03-08-17, 03:29 AM
Rynetory, this is a widespread issue - if you look at the battle and spin to win threads there are lots of complaints about it.... I have an issue with this on my iPad all the time but not my iPhone, not just with visiting neighbours though... the game started crashing for me a few months ago when I did an iOS update (I hoped the next iOS update would fix it but it did not)

My iPhone is still on iOS 9.3.2 ... iPad on iOS 10.2.1 if you look online iOS 10 does have a problem with app crashes

I agree about info on IOS 10 causing app crashes so haven't updated but since the last DS update my game crashes frequently in many situations and not due to memory problems on my iPad .....

kooky panda
03-08-17, 11:12 AM
What does the ticket number do? The issue still there, it's clearly a performance issue at your end, admitted it and solve the problem instead of pointing your finger to user's device, just do the actual work and fix it. I have never seen such irresponsible response and denials.

To help investigate the issues that some players are having it helps when support can look into your individual games.

I have an iphone with iOS 10.2.1 and I am not having the issues so this is not effecting all players.

atseng1
03-11-17, 12:36 AM
This happens when you have over 10 neighbors to visit. I have 25 neighbors on my iPad and 31 neighbors on my iPhone, the game crashed every 4 to 5 neighbors I visited, can you imagine the frustration. This issue only apply to Dragon Story not any of my other games.

Awynsdragons
03-21-17, 05:35 PM
I can not visit any of my neighbors since last week. Every time I try it crashes. I have not done anything new on my device that would be causing this. You need to figure out how to fix this issue.

tamaraalexisreave
03-25-17, 04:16 AM
Mine used to do that alot! I recently got a new plan with new device and it has more storage. I have no more issues. Visit and post with no delays or freezing. Issue fixed
Hope that helps
This game takes up alot of storage

hansidox14
04-03-17, 09:34 AM
Is anyone else having issues with getting booted when collecting from your islands and visiting friends?
I can't visit more than 4 neighbors before I get booted and have to restart. I can't collect from all my islands without getting booted and have to restart again.
It's getting really annoying and I'm getting ready to delete the game and go find another...
This doesn't happen in Castle Story and I have twice as many neighbors in that game.
I've tried all the things TL has suggested and still nothing changes.

kooky panda
04-03-17, 10:02 AM
Make sure you are playing the most current version of the game.

What specific device do you play on?

BellasHouse1
04-03-17, 10:22 AM
I am also having this problem. It usually happens when visiting neighbors or community members. Recently I started getting a black screen while collecting, but it shortly resolves itself. I am using an Android Samsung S6 Active with the most current version of Android for my device. I am also using the main Dragon Story version.

JMThrive
04-03-17, 12:24 PM
I have had this issue for a long time, over a year now. I can play anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes then the game just closes and I am kicked out to my home page. I have opened lots of tickets with no resolution. I was able to play for quite a while on the Tropical Island version, but they stopped supporting it and it is no longer available.

JMThrive
04-03-17, 12:31 PM
I have LG tablet with 1 GB of ram and 16 GB of storage and a 32 GB SD card. My storage is about half full and I still have issues with the game just closing. I have opened several tickets with no resolution what so ever.

hansidox14
04-07-17, 04:42 PM
Ipad

Nuicakes
06-11-17, 01:47 PM
I'm almost positive there's a memory leak in the game's programming. I've actually worked with other game developers when there was a similar problem. I have a brand new iPad Pro with 2gb of RAM and I still manage to crash several times a day.

The usual solution is to turn your device off & on.

If you have an Apple device there's a very quick method for clearing your RAM and is quicker than a soft or hard reboot.

1. Close any open apps.
2. Press and hold the Power button until you see the "slide to turn off" message. A few seconds.
3. Release the Power button.
4. Press and hold the Home button until you see your home screen. 5 - 10 seconds
5. Release.