PDA

View Full Version : Too much going on right now...

ed_darko
02-17-17, 07:35 PM
I love the game, believe me I do. But sometimes it can get very overwhelming as it is right now.

Two tournaments, sweetheart sweeties, purple pony, zodiac, and if that wasn't enough a storybook???

Give us a break guys

NannaSherry
02-17-17, 07:44 PM
I love the game, believe me I do. But sometimes it can get very overwhelming as it is right now.

Two tournaments, sweetheart sweeties, purple pony, zodiac, and if that wasn't enough a storybook???

Give us a break guys

I second it. I am just going after the things I like or want and letting the other slide.

haku8cafe
02-17-17, 08:00 PM

Give us a break guys

I beg you to reconsider, 2 battles but 1 is battlegrounds? the real battle is 5days be glad it is 5days not 3days.

Amethyst Pony is fine as it is with the placing, I understand the storybook is harsh but go take a look at the storybook quest for the first 4days it has change a LOT instead of hatching it becomes hatch ANY animal :)

Zodiac will be perfect if it is place on LB but you have to know some players no need zodiac quest but I am in the same show as you I need the zodiac :)

Alideh
02-18-17, 12:32 AM

Give us a break guys

If you are a new player I can see how that is, however some advice is when you see the Storybook pop up DON'T start it, wait till it auto starts and in the mean time as @Haku8cafe said check out the Story book thread to see what the Chapters and Acts ask for, that way you can be prepared and know what is coming or get a head start.

As for the Zodiac and Pony, go for the one you want the most. The Zodiac might be the last chance so if you really want it go for that one and wait till next year to see if they let us get the birthstone Ponies again.
Personally I wanted the Pony more so I went for that one and got it, I still have time to complete the Zodiac BUT choose not to since I want the Valentines trio more.

As for the storybook I will wait till it auto starts or till I get at least one Valentines Trio animal.

Good luck and ALWAYS plant around the clock, and don't use the apples unless it's for a goal that way you always have enough apples for the goals.

hugpete
02-18-17, 01:24 AM
It does seem too much.

Eluzyion
02-18-17, 02:02 AM
I was going to wait for the storybook to autostart but decided to go ahead and start it once I got Pisces to the last harvest mission, the story harvesting will go toward that needed goal. The magmonkey battle is permanent so you don't have to do that one right now it'll be there, so if you're doing cuddle monster just concentrate on that one. With the story missions posted you kind of have to plan your time, like if you're on the plant rune prune mission you can breed or whatever in that 20 hour wait... You may not be able to get everything, pick what's most important to you. I'm currently just doing Pisces and the storybook, but if story asks for anything earth/fire to be bred I'll hope for romanticore lol

DirkDragon
02-19-17, 05:30 AM
If you wait for the storybook to auto start, how long is that from the first pop-up? Also, do you still get 10 days to complete? I've never waited to find out! Thanks.

Eluzyion
02-19-17, 05:39 AM
If you wait for the storybook to auto start, how long is that from the first pop-up? Also, do you still get 10 days to complete? I've never waited to find out! Thanks.

It should autostart in like 7 hours from now :) (I think) yes you get 10 days

Usually when story starts, whatever time that is for you on Friday..it'll autostart on Sunday same time

GreytMom
02-19-17, 11:36 AM
For some reason I thought that if you wait for the auto start it only gave you the remainder of the time (7 days). Do we for sure get the full ten days if we wait?

GreytMom
02-19-17, 11:39 AM

Give us a break guys
I'm with ya. It's a little much. I want everything and there just isn't enough time unless you play constantly (which it feels like I do). Darned work gets in the way of play time.

DirkDragon
02-19-17, 11:58 AM
It should autostart in like 7 hours from now :) (I think) yes you get 10 days

Usually when story starts, whatever time that is for you on Friday..it'll autostart on Sunday same time

For some reason I thought that if you wait for the auto start it only gave you the remainder of the time (7 days). Do we for sure get the full ten days if we wait?

Thanks for your answers, but now I'm confused!

GreytMom
02-19-17, 12:07 PM

I've only been playing a few months, so I'd lean towards what the more experienced players like Eluzyion say. I just want to confirm.

We should probably move this to the SB thread, huh?

Eluzyion
02-19-17, 12:48 PM

You get the same amt of time as if you started on time instead of auto-start.. It's not reduced to 7 days

This question is asked every single storybook ;)

GreytMom
02-19-17, 01:11 PM
You get the same amt of time as if you started on time instead of auto-start.. It's not reduced to 7 days

Thanks. It's only my second one (I did start it right away because I NEED that beautiful pony) and I'm paranoid ;-)

Eluzyion
02-19-17, 01:15 PM
Thanks. It's only my second one (I did start it right away because I NEED that beautiful pony) and I'm paranoid ;-)

Oh I know it's great..I've only done auto-start once, I have no patience lol plus it ran into the start of another event and that made it more difficult (to me) I was trying to finish one while not wanting to start behind on the other..kinda crazy, but some like it because they need the couple days at start to gather more food :)

JeffW60
02-19-17, 05:56 PM

Give us a break guys

Don't worry about the Battleground tournament. You can work on that in your spare time. There is no time limit on it, so you can take all the time you need.

DirkDragon
02-21-17, 08:00 AM

Thanks again. I take your point about clashing with the next event, so l won't be using auto start!

saucysammis
02-21-17, 12:50 PM
Yes there is/was a lot going on, but for those who have been here since the game started, me not so much:

1. I already finished the valentine trio years ago: (The habitat is expiring so I had to make room for a permanent spot.)
2. I also have had the heartvark & cherub cub & kissy cat for years. (I did work on getting the romanticore. No luck! Already have the matching habitat which wasn't offered this time anyways)
3. As for the Love Bug, the sweet sheep, the XoOx, which were related to the puppy love, monarchy, and the bee mine, already worked on and got them all last year.
4. The Zodiac: already done last year.

So the business is involving offering habitats & creatures from past goals to those who missed them.

For long time players there was a new permanent animal, a tournament, the birthstone pony, and now the storybook. I expect a new leaderboard next.

I always start the storybook right away. No matter when you start you get 10 days; so those who start asap will finish a few days before those who start later. The only reason to wait is if you have no food.

Usually the first day is easy to complete so if you start, but can't complete the goals before day 2 it is still easy to catch up. The way the game is set up you will get backed up with events if you wait to start.

I see now that the update has rolled around that the space trio is re-offered. Whew! I have 2 of them and will try for the 3rd. We will also have to assume that s8 wishes to retire the space habitat as well which is also bad for me since I don't have one. And I will want to have it. Please please S8 make all the trio habitats able to hold a second element! You did it with the ice cream habitat and the holiday hamlet. Please? While you're at it, can you allow them to hold a 4th creature?

Time to reassess my expansion strategy.

ed_darko
02-21-17, 07:22 PM
Yes there is/was a lot going on, but for those who have been here since the game started, me not so much:

1. I already finished the valentine trio years ago: (The habitat is expiring so I had to make room for a permanent spot.)
2. I also have had the heartvark & cherub cub & kissy cat for years. (I did work on getting the romanticore. No luck! Already have the matching habitat which wasn't offered this time anyways)
3. As for the Love Bug, the sweet sheep, the XoOx, which were related to the puppy love, monarchy, and the bee mine, already worked on and got them all last year.
4. The Zodiac: already done last year.

So the business is involving offering habitats & creatures from past goals to those who missed them.

For long time players there was a new permanent animal, a tournament, the birthstone pony, and now the storybook. I expect a new leaderboard next.

I always start the storybook right away. No matter when you start you get 10 days; so those who start asap will finish a few days before those who start later. The only reason to wait is if you have no food.

Usually the first day is easy to complete so if you start, but can't complete the goals before day 2 it is still easy to catch up. The way the game is set up you will get backed up with events if you wait to start.

I see now that the update has rolled around that the space trio is re-offered. Whew! I have 2 of them and will try for the 3rd. We will also have to assume that s8 wishes to retire the space habitat as well which is also bad for me since I don't have one. And I will want to have it. Please please S8 make all the trio habitats able to hold a second element! You did it with the ice cream habitat and the holiday hamlet. Please? While you're at it, can you allow them to hold a 4th creature?

Time to reassess my expansion strategy.

I'm not a new player. I've been playing since its release. I just haven't done as good as you and it seems like you've had some great luck. I had animals missing from the trios and had some terrible luck withe the zodiacs. And throwing everything at once like this makes it nearly impossible yo accomplish all the goals.

BTW, disagree completely with those suggesting to let the storybook auto start. From what I understand there is a deadline, and it's the same date for everyone regardless when you start it. It's actually better to start it as soon as it pops up so you can get ahead as much as you can.

JustKay
02-27-17, 10:16 PM
Maybe with a leaner, more streamlined S8 they are going to focus more effort and creativity on a smaller number of events. Maybe they will be giving us what we've been asking for since a while now. I don't see how they can keep up the same frenetic pace with half the team size.

DirkDragon
03-01-17, 03:04 AM

Give us a break guys

Old Chinese proverb, be careful what you wish for! Nothing happening right now.
Seriously, l like all the events, but l do wish they were one at a time. They seemed to be increasingly overlapping.

JustKay
03-01-17, 09:15 PM
Seriously, l like all the events, but l do wish they were one at a time. They seemed to be increasingly overlapping.

I wouldn't say nothing. The planets animal are available to breed and so is carnival croc, although I guess if you're a long time player you may already have those.

Overlapping events makes a lot of sense in theory. It's harder to quit a game if you have some progress going on it. However in reality, I think the fact that most players are playing several S8 games at the same time, it does become overwhelming. Recently, I've had two very serious neighbour players say they've had enough and simply can't keep up. It's a bit strange that rather than just playing less and ignoring some events or not seeing events to the final finish/win, some players insist on only playing on their own terms. I guess that is a testament to how irresistible the animal designs S8 makes.

DirkDragon
03-02-17, 01:41 AM
I wouldn't say nothing. The planets animal are available to breed and so is carnival croc, although I guess if you're a long time player you may already have those.

Overlapping events makes a lot of sense in theory. It's harder to quit a game if you have some progress going on it. However in reality, I think the fact that most players are playing several S8 games at the same time, it does become overwhelming. Recently, I've had two very serious neighbour players say they've had enough and simply can't keep up. It's a bit strange that rather than just playing less and ignoring some events or not seeing events to the final finish/win, some players insist on only playing on their own terms. I guess that is a testament to how irresistible the animal designs S8 makes.

I agree that some players feel compelled to do every event. I sit out ones that don't appeal to me. If l fail to complete a tournament, l just accept that sometimes you lose. I'm also surprised by the players who rant because they don't get first prize in the LB. If you expect to win every time, you're bound to get disappointed. l love the game and play for FUN, and that's all that matters.

Alideh
03-02-17, 11:43 AM
Even though I really want a new event to go on right now especially if it were the leaderboard, I must say it is nice to have some time to breed whatever I want, I tried for the Aurora Pegasus and got the Spring wing which I also wanted and didn't have so that was nice, I'm trying again for the Space trio's however I'm usiing my CU to breed and hoping for a lovely Legendary fail :D

Hope everyone breeds something they want soon :)

sparklegirly
03-02-17, 03:11 PM

You are right! I was disappointed to see there was no update, accept for a new value pack. I was thinking it had something to do with the lay offs and it got me wondering if the team is out of fresh ideas, so I made a list in my head. It's off topic from the thread but I'm not sure where to post it!

Cappuchino Monkey
Chaihuahua
Forget Me Nut Squirrel
Honey Bear
Grinny Pig
Clown Fish
Party Fowl
Sheepicorn (Sheep-Unicorn)
Frog Prince
Snowbird
Mighty Duck
Tiger Shark
Turnip Crab
Maneki Neko/Lucky Cat

Mods please move this if you know of a more appropriate thread!

Clark_Wayne
03-02-17, 07:17 PM
You are right! I was disappointed to see there was no update, accept for a new value pack. I was thinking it had something to do with the lay offs and it got me wondering if the team is out of fresh ideas, so I made a list in my head. It's off topic from the thread but I'm not sure where to post it!

Cappuchino Monkey
Chaihuahua
Forget Me Nut Squirrel
Honey Bear
Grinny Pig
Clown Fish
Party Fowl
Sheepicorn (Sheep-Unicorn)
Frog Prince
Snowbird
Mighty Duck
Tiger Shark
Turnip Crab
Maneki Neko/Lucky Cat

Mods please move this if you know of a more appropriate thread!

i like forget me nut squirrel LOL lovely name
a clown fish is welcome since we don't have many fish :)
chaihuahua ? a chihuahua drinking a cup of tea ? i like the idea :)
frog prince : there is one atm in castle story

JustKay
03-02-17, 07:43 PM
Even though I really want a new event to go on right now especially if it were the leaderboard, I must say it is nice to have some time to breed whatever I want, I tried for the Aurora Pegasus and got the Spring wing which I also wanted and didn't have so that was nice, I'm trying again for the Space trio's however I'm usiing my CU to breed and hoping for a lovely Legendary fail :D

Hope everyone breeds something they want soon :)

Yeah, I appreciate the breather too. With all the events going on, in FFS and DS I quickly realised that I wasn't actually even trying to breed the animals I wanted. i was too busy planning to breed commons & other animals I have plenty of already. That's kinda sad when breeding for specific animal you want or trying different combos, was the whole core of the game that first drew me in.

Morag2000
03-03-17, 07:17 AM
I would rather have too much going on than the impasse that we have at the moment, and still no leaderboard and a famine of new habitats in the shop.

I'm not holding my breath for something starting tonight.

sparklegirly
03-07-17, 08:58 PM
Another Tuesday with only a new value pack as the update; this time apples, coins and a Puffalo. I wish they would have continued the breeding for the trio as I tried non stop after I finished the storybook and never bred a Plutopus. I really hope this isn't the new normal.