PDA

View Full Version : Culture Cruise Event LEADERBOARD February 17 2017

kooky panda
02-17-17, 10:31 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36011&d=1487301971 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36011&d=1487301971)

amerirish
02-17-17, 11:12 AM
Grand Prize: Japanese Dragon (1st & 2nd Place only)
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Pink Blue Yellow
Habitat: Pink Prairie, Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 24 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

Thunderbird Dragon (Milestone: 2,800 points)
Rarity: Rare
Type: White Purple Red
Habitat: White Meadow, Purple Gardens, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 32
Incubation: 14 hours

Samurai Dragon (Milestone: 5,600 points)
Rarity: Rare
Type: Purple Yellow Red
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 20
Incubation: 25 hours
Exp Gained: 1,335 Exp
Scandinavian Dragon

Kenyan Dragon (Milestone: 6,600 points)
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Yellow Green Red
Habitat: Yellow Plateau, Green Grove, Red Rocks
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold
Incubation: 12 hours

Scandinavian Dragon (Milestone: 7,600 points)
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Blue Yellow Red
Habitat: Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Incubation: 18 hours

FlatFoot
02-17-17, 11:24 AM
Sorry, this is incorrect. The event will go live at a later date. There have been some changes at Storm8 and this went out incorrectly. Apologies for the inconvenience.

meoconlunar
02-17-17, 11:25 AM
:eek:

kooky panda
02-17-17, 11:28 AM
Sorry, this is incorrect. The event will go live at a later date. There have been some changes at Storm8 and this went out incorrectly. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for letting us know Flatfoot!

I will go ahead and close this thread. :)

Edit- Leaderboard now available . Opening thread.

19sparkles96
02-18-17, 12:31 PM
It's started!

Florr06
02-18-17, 12:46 PM
Are you kidding me... I had 2 nests, breeding and evolution ready yesterday, but finished them when I read the leaderboard would start at a later date... now I have an empty evolution temple, 1 empty nest and 1 with 12 hours left to go and 6 hours to go on breeding. Since when do events start on Saturday :(

katali119
02-18-17, 12:49 PM
Seems like it's taken the staff by surprise as well, as they haven't put up a sticky about it.

jiaqi211
02-18-17, 12:56 PM
Can someone tell me what's the first prize? I already got more than 50 points but I didn't get that prize....

harobeda
02-18-17, 01:38 PM
Can someone tell me what's the first prize? I already got more than 50 points but I didn't get that prize....

There are a couple of mystery boxes (at 50 and 500 points). I got 8000 coins for my 50 point milestone. Then at 1200 points you get Fireflower Garden Habitat.

ksbmommy
02-18-17, 01:44 PM
For real, on a Saturday?!? I already cleared all my prep work off the nests based on the other closed post. Shaking my head.

I'm not a huge fan of the grand prize, and 7600 points in 13 days is very doable. Milestones only for me, saving the gold for something I really like.

ksbmommy
02-18-17, 01:45 PM
5 maps on my main account for milestone 1.

My other account, leaderboard points. My son got a tiny amount of coins.

PeppiVille
02-18-17, 02:01 PM
''This is my first leaderboard event. It says you can get points from a caretaker carving and a Scandinavian tree. Where do I get those? I don't see them in the market. :confused:

19sparkles96
02-18-17, 02:07 PM
Look under buildings

jiaqi211
02-18-17, 02:39 PM
There are a couple of mystery boxes (at 50 and 500 points). I got 8000 coins for my 50 point milestone. Then at 1200 points you get Fireflower Garden Habitat.
Thanks.

jiaqi211
02-18-17, 02:42 PM
5 maps on my main account for milestone 1.
My other account, leaderboard points. My son got a tiny amount of coins.

Thank you.

ccorbett4
02-18-17, 02:53 PM
Are you kidding me... I had 2 nests, breeding and evolution ready yesterday, but finished them when I read the leaderboard would start at a later date... now I have an empty evolution temple, 1 empty nest and 1 with 12 hours left to go and 6 hours to go on breeding. Since when do events start on Saturday :(

Same here! And I had a few dragons I wanted to grow up so I was waiting until the next leaderboard, saw this one was pushed back, so I spend the 250,000+ food...literally a few hours before the leaderboard popped up. Really annoyed.

ccorbett4
02-18-17, 02:54 PM
For real, on a Saturday?!? I already cleared all my prep work off the nests based on the other closed post. Shaking my head.

I'm not a huge fan of the grand prize, and 7600 points in 13 days is very doable. Milestones only for me, saving the gold for something I really like.

Same here. But anyone notice that the milestones have gotten really lame lately? They used to give a lot more, especially food.

savage_mel
02-18-17, 03:01 PM
This happened to me too. What a joke

jaymieb2
02-18-17, 03:17 PM

Not cool... when the announcement came out that it would start at a later date, I cleared out all my long duration dragons that were breeding, ready to hatch, and evolved. Everything (2 roosts, 3 nests, and 2 evo chambers) was set up perfectly and ready to boost. Now I am in 20th place with zero points and everything has random times. VERY annoyed! :-(

FieldsLikeB
02-18-17, 03:43 PM
I have a question. I have just enough gold to get the caretakers statue or keep the gold and use it for boosting as I hatch the nine dragons from two events and a tourney.

Which do you folk think will assist me more in the milestones?

ZaneGodfrey
02-18-17, 03:45 PM
They clearly did this on purpose to counteract people who prep their islands ahead of time. They wanted to catch people off guard. He could have easily said "this starts tomorrow" but instead purposely left a vague "later date" message so no one could be prepared. Disgusting way to run this ship, S8.

9krm
02-18-17, 03:58 PM

Same. I had a super rare egg ready to hatch but finished it as well. I think that would have been the first super rare I'd have hatched during a leaderboard. Oh well.

I like that there is a habitat in the milestones.

DR0G0N
02-18-17, 04:35 PM
Am I the only one who anticipated that this would happen? I left everything untouch including my farms, basically took a break from DS yesterday b/c A. I was anticipating a leaderboard event coming soon and B. was kinda pissed off at myself for not getting the last dragon in World event due to work (could have get it with a lil gold spent, but didn't), was only 1 minute shy from getting the prize.

But anyways, all this wouldn't matter b/c I'm gonna be on Vacation...so yay....doubt I'll get anywhere far in these events even if I have a good head start.

maryamhjm
02-18-17, 05:17 PM
I didn't receive extra bonus points for breeding a rare and on my daughter's account she didn't receive bonus point for a rare too.

newzealander
02-18-17, 05:44 PM
Over 9800 already??? Seriously??? I am sitting here on about 450 in a pool that looks like this...

What hope is there for us us mere mortals that don't grow gold in our gardens??

AwesomeChefDad
02-18-17, 05:44 PM
Interesting comments..

What I am bothered about is they gave the "Its coming" blast, so people tried to prepare and put themselves in a good position and then the mods here say its not happening, then it happens the next day.

I dont mind if the thing was delayed but what does S8 think will happen when they send out a blast and then fail to start it on the blast date?

Its another example of players vs storm8 failing again. I also do not recall so much animosity as I am seeing now, it is obvious that players feel the game is turning away from a fun enjoyable experience and into a money making against the players game.

I find myself not participating as much as I did in the past due to this being the case...the spin the wheel being a joke, the onslaught of new new new and eliminating the gold benefits etc etc...it isnt as fun when the changes seem to be against the player AND pitting players against each other.

starship412
02-18-17, 05:46 PM
Somebody's Golding it up in my group too. I just wish I could be placed in a group where I would have a chance to win. It's sad and unfair. I guess I'll just get the milestones again as usual.

newzealander
02-18-17, 05:48 PM
Interesting comments..

What I am bothered about is they gave the "Its coming" blast, so people tried to prepare and put themselves in a good position and then the mods here say its not happening, then it happens the next day.

I dont mind if the thing was delayed but what does S8 think will happen when they send out a blast and then fail to start it on the blast date?

Its another example of players vs storm8 failing again. I also do not recall so much animosity as I am seeing now, it is obvious that players feel the game is turning away from a fun enjoyable experience and into a money making against the players game.

I find myself not participating as much as I did in the past due to this being the case...the spin the wheel being a joke, the onslaught of new new new and eliminating the gold benefits etc etc...it isnt as fun when the changes seem to be against the player AND pitting players against each other.

Ditto to all of this. I am definitely participating in less events. There is far too much going on at once, and new dragons don't have the temptation factor anymore because they are thrown at us from all directions. It's just too hard to keep up. And too costly.

Clark_Wayne
02-18-17, 07:01 PM
I have a question. I have just enough gold to get the caretakers statue or keep the gold and use it for boosting as I hatch the nine dragons from two events and a tourney.

unless you are able to collect the points every 2,5h i don't advise you to buy them.
imo you better keep your golds for boosting at the end if you see you can win ;)

Am I the only one who anticipated that this would happen? I left everything untouch including my farms, basically took a break from DS yesterday b/c A. I was anticipating a leaderboard event coming soon and B. was kinda pissed off at myself for not getting the last dragon in World event due to work (could have get it with a lil gold spent, but didn't), was only 1 minute shy from getting the prize.

But anyways, all this wouldn't matter b/c I'm gonna be on Vacation...so yay....doubt I'll get anywhere far in these events even if I have a good head start.

same for me :) since i didn't need all my nests, i let the eggs (especially the one with a virtue egg !) stay there, only clearing the one i need.
same for the evolution temple.
i was expecting them to start soon but i still was surprised when i got the pop up :)
for once i got big time eggs and evolution waiting for it. now i will see at the end of the 13th day what prize i will get : last time i ended 3rd because there were 2 people who boosted like crazy so i didn't need to boost a lot, just enough to get the milestones prizes and stay 3rd :)

ievuxia
02-18-17, 07:20 PM
Am I the only one who anticipated that this would happen?

Nope, you're not the only one. I thought they might start the event today so I left everything for today as well. Got about 500 points as soon as it started.

FieldsLikeB
02-18-17, 07:28 PM
Thank you, Clark. That's what I thought, too. I'll do that.

JustKay
02-18-17, 07:40 PM
I just put everything on hold. I had so much setup that it would have been a waste to do anything else. With a 2x boost, I'm up at 2480 points from the get go. Closest competition is 386, so am hoping its another easy group.

JustKay
02-18-17, 07:55 PM

If you're tight on gold, you should remember that about halfway through event some of these points giving statues do go on sale (makes sense since you can only collect half the points if you buy halfway through the event). Maybe you should get it then, if you just need a small boost towards the end. Waiting will also give you time to assess the other players in your group. Are they serious, or just playing along? Is there someone there that will spend gold at one point to jump up the leader board quickly later on. Are you keeping up with the leading pack and just need a boost to get ahead? Who else is buying the statues that will nullify any advantage? Better to know your group before you invest your precious gold.

JustKay
02-18-17, 09:07 PM
Same here! And I had a few dragons I wanted to grow up so I was waiting until the next leaderboard, saw this one was pushed back, so I spend the 250,000+ food...literally a few hours before the leaderboard popped up. Really annoyed.

Not cool... when the announcement came out that it would start at a later date, I cleared out all my long duration dragons that were breeding, ready to hatch, and evolved. Everything (2 roosts, 3 nests, and 2 evo chambers) was set up perfectly and ready to boost. Now I am in 20th place with zero points and everything has random times. VERY annoyed! :-(

You only need one free nest and one free evo chamber to keep playing the game, not really sure why you would go and clear everything and spend saved up food just because the event was delayed. They adhere to a pretty tight cycle of event types so it's unlikely the next event will be anything but the scheduled LB. To their credit whatever went wrong, they fixed up pretty quick to get the LB up and running. They probably didn't really have time to re-communicate a new start time.

random59
02-19-17, 02:36 AM
Over 9800 already??? Seriously??? I am sitting here on about 450 in a pool that looks like this...

Yep it's pretty crazy alright, I was only going for milestones and growing food. I wish we were in a normal group but this is not the case, I will be lucky to finish in the top 10 and I refuse to spend gold. Good luck Newzealander, you are ahead of me on the table!:o

temecee
02-19-17, 04:24 AM
I missed the start last night and this morning I took out a dragon from the evolution temple before the pop-up with the LB came and the game restarted.

But, with the remaining food after the last tales and with Lovers in the nest (i had enough mind not to take her out yesterday) I manged to get the first two Milestones. I got about 4k food on the second and some points on the first.

On the Spin I got some point the first time and I think coins on the second.

The good news is that it seems that I'm in a normal group. at least they behave normal until now.

After the Tales and the last Word Event I should be more optimistic about my chances of getting the last milestones but I just hope for maybe the 4.6k milestone and some food prize.

Florr06
02-19-17, 05:06 AM
Same here. But anyone notice that the milestones have gotten really lame lately? They used to give a lot more, especially food.
I got 150 points on the first milestone, pleasantly surprised!

Florr06
02-19-17, 05:14 AM
You only need one free nest and one free evo chamber to keep playing the game, not really sure why you would go and clear everything and spend saved up food just because the event was delayed. They adhere to a pretty tight cycle of event types so it's unlikely the next event will be anything but the scheduled LB. To their credit whatever went wrong, they fixed up pretty quick to get the LB up and running. They probably didn't really have time to re-communicate a new start time.
Personally I thought the start date had just been miscommunicated and the event would start on Tuesday. That's why I cleared everything.

Anyway, I've moved on and am now focusing on collecting points. I like the three prize dragons but won't get them, unfortunately. I noticed the event is 13 days long instead of 10 so I may get to Samurai. Fingers crossed.

bakerystoe
02-19-17, 05:53 AM
I m pretty patience when the last announcement were given. This was the first time this has occurred but I am very sympathized with you, S8!:) Additionally the event lasts 13 days( increseses 3 days) so approximately you have to collect 580 points a day to get last prize in milestone!

AnglChk507
02-19-17, 08:36 AM

I'm in that type of group too lmao our first guy has boosted 4 times already since yesterday but he's only at like 6000 almost good things I'm not interested in not one of the dragons woot woot they all ugly aha soOo I only am going for the habitat and whatever else I get to without trying!! Lmao more money for weed cause I ain't bothering with not one of the events we have going

random59
02-19-17, 11:30 AM
Just checked the group that Newzealander and I are in and the leader is approaching 17,000 and this event is just a day old, and I as I predicted I am well below 10th!

Limequat
02-19-17, 12:00 PM
Just checked the group that Newzealander and I are in and the leader is approaching 17,000 and this event is just a day old, and I as I predicted I am well below 10th!

I'm really curious about what the points are going to look like when this leaderboard ends. I was on a super crazy leaderboard where people were competing for the gold trophy itself because it was obviously cheaper to purchase the grand prize dragon directly from the marketplace.

Clark_Wayne
02-19-17, 12:13 PM

I'm really curious about what the points are going to look like when this leaderboard ends. I was on a super crazy leaderboard where people were competing for the gold trophy itself because it was obviously cheaper to purchase the grand prize dragon directly from the marketplace.

i think i never saw such high amount of points ! :eek:
the higher i saw in forum was about 45000-50000 points but 98000 ! so in the end , will probably pass 100000 points !

random59
02-19-17, 02:12 PM
i think i never saw such high amount of points ! :eek:
the higher i saw in forum was about 45000-50000 points but 98000 ! so in the end , will probably pass 100000 points !

Am I just missing something here, instead of spending huge amounts of gold to finish 1st why not just buy the dragons and let others have a crack at the top prize or is it the 1st place trophy to display is the real prize?

JustKay
02-19-17, 03:28 PM
Am I just missing something here, instead of spending huge amounts of gold to finish 1st why not just buy the dragons and let others have a crack at the top prize or is it the 1st place trophy to display is the real prize?

When you have a row of golden trophies, it's very hard to not want to keep that streak going. Plenty of people who think they are the bomb in the world, just look at some of the whacky names on this forum :p The trophies are guaranteed not to ever be purchase-able by gold or coin in future, so you have only one shot. It's about the only way in DS to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack. I don't even have a very long gold streak, but danged if I'll not try my best to win the next one. I have a ton of food and gold saved up to put up a decent fight if I ever have to. I probably won't spend oodles of real money, but I have at least 8000 points worth I can cash in at a moment's notice. I think I actually appreciate the trophies more than the dragon, since I have stopped hatching eggs to keep the game load on my device down. So even though I win both, I only really display the trophy and leave the egg in storage for later.

LB & Bingo are the only two gameplay features in DS that truly pit player vs player, and that's where the money is. I'm glad there are crazy matches going off every time there's a LB since that means that DS is paying the bills :) I just hope I never end up in one of them :p

9krm
02-19-17, 05:16 PM
But, who cares about the trophy?! :confused: LOL I rarely visit other islands anymore, due to crashes etc., and even when I do, I never think "wow, that guy is awesome, look at all his trophies." Very odd.

In any case, I'm happy that I've never been in a crazy points obsessed group during a leaderboard.

JustKay
02-19-17, 08:56 PM
But, who cares about the trophy?! :confused: LOL I rarely visit other islands anymore, due to crashes etc., and even when I do, I never think "wow, that guy is awesome, look at all his trophies." Very odd.

In any case, I'm happy that I've never been in a crazy points obsessed group during a leaderboard.

We all do what makes us happy, and strange as it might be, I feel pretty pleased with myself when I see my trophies. I worked hard for these and came up with some pretty unique strategies too. A bit of gold to boost here and there, but I didn't spend ridiculous amounts. I don't actually care what other people might think or even if they visit. It's also a form of goal in the game for me. I've given up trying to breed specific dragons, most eggs are in storage to keep crashing down, I sped bred a whole bunch of diamond hybrids for about 2k gold and I already have most of the GPDs (including gold horizon), so filling in my little message on my island with trophies one LB at a time is in a way a long term goal for me during the game. I've missed one trophy altogether, and have two silvers, so even if I don't win the next one, I can still keep my goal going.

Clark_Wayne
02-19-17, 09:14 PM
LOL everyone play the game the way they like ;)
i don't care about the trophies even if i display them : my pleasure is to collect the dragons.
i got them, good for me, i lose the leaderboard , well this is just a game and anyway if i don't have the dragon, i still got the food
i play the bingo because i want the GPD and the food that bingo provide to me , so i can feed the dragons :)

newzealander
02-20-17, 01:11 AM
Yep it's pretty crazy alright, I was only going for milestones and growing food. I wish we were in a normal group but this is not the case, I will be lucky to finish in the top 10 and I refuse to spend gold. Good luck Newzealander, you are ahead of me on the table!:o
Thanks Random. Good luck to you too. I'm going to try to stay in the top half because I want the food prize! But with the top of our board at 17,000 and 15,000, I'm not even considering trying to get in the top 4-6. Ridiculous.

amerirish
02-20-17, 07:56 AM
Stats are posted on prize dragons in Post #2 :)

EstCroissant
02-20-17, 11:22 AM
A curious thing: starting from last week Team Lava stopped posting their poster-like images for each event here (tournament, leaderboard, etc.). Same thing happened on the FFS forum. Wondering why.

jaymieb2
02-20-17, 12:45 PM
Except that I am playing Bingo, too... and I need every roost every second possible (and the corresponding nsets to keep every thing rolling). Fighting hard for the 10 ticket range of winnersin the gold league. Was hoping for enough bombs (from the evo chambers) for a second Spirit Crystal because Bingo keeps having spots to raise a gemstone type to level 6.

It all depends on your game play. One of each might help you reach your goals, but I want the free gold dragon, and am chipping away at the pile of tickets needed. :-)

starship412
02-20-17, 12:55 PM
I'm at 1600 points right now. I hope I get all the milestones because I know I won't get the 1st or 2nd place for the grand prize - a shame that I have to approach leaderboards like that but ah well...

katali119
02-20-17, 01:06 PM
You need 585 points per day to get the last milestone. I'm not gonna make it, cos my group is getting more points than me, but not by enough to be getting lots of points on the wheel to make up for the lack of getting them any other way. Just enough that I can't win. Which is a little frustrating. I was hoping to be in a high scoring group so at least I could get the milestones.

JustKay
02-20-17, 03:45 PM
A curious thing: starting from last week Team Lava stopped posting their poster-like images for each event here (tournament, leaderboard, etc.). Same thing happened on the FFS forum. Wondering why.

As part of their new lean strategy, maybe they've cut down on unnecessary actions. If you're playing the game you will see the poster, no? That might explain why they also didn't warn about the removal of certain crafting dragons. Save designer time doing those one off posters that never get used again that don't really generate interest in the game.

JustKay
02-20-17, 03:47 PM
You need 585 points per day to get the last milestone. I'm not gonna make it, cos my group is getting more points than me, but not by enough to be getting lots of points on the wheel to make up for the lack of getting them any other way. Just enough that I can't win. Which is a little frustrating. I was hoping to be in a high scoring group so at least I could get the milestones.

Do you have any boosts that you won from LeaderBoard? You can use these boosts to get extra points in LB or World Events if you're just short. I used up a few of my 10x boosts for fruits to close a gap to finish off the Valentines day World Event.

JustKay
02-20-17, 03:49 PM
Except that I am playing Bingo, too... and I need every roost every second possible (and the corresponding nsets to keep every thing rolling). Fighting hard for the 10 ticket range of winnersin the gold league. Was hoping for enough bombs (from the evo chambers) for a second Spirit Crystal because Bingo keeps having spots to raise a gemstone type to level 6.

It all depends on your game play. One of each might help you reach your goals, but I want the free gold dragon, and am chipping away at the pile of tickets needed. :-)

I stand corrected. That makes total sense. Am not playing Bingo actively anymore since I got my Gold Horizon already, so wasn't thinking about that at all. I'll sitting it out at the bottom of the pile this round. Good luck!

Sjadelove
02-22-17, 10:55 AM
Love love the Japanese dragon! This is by far my fav leaderboard dragon... Though I may be partial since im Japanese!
Leaderboard events are definitely not my forte, and lately I have not been doing well, always screaming away the last day or two. 😞.
Keep my fingers crossed that I win this beauty of a dragon!!!
Pray for me....

EstCroissant
02-22-17, 12:26 PM
As part of their new lean strategy, maybe they've cut down on unnecessary actions. If you're playing the game you will see the poster, no? That might explain why they also didn't warn about the removal of certain crafting dragons. Save designer time doing those one off posters that never get used again that don't really generate interest in the game.

I kinda like those posters :) At least I get to see the epic form of some beautiful dragons I cannot win. :p

Clark_Wayne
02-22-17, 04:42 PM

about raising a gemstone to level 6 : why don't you simply craft ruby or emerald ? faster than spirit crystal ;) ruby need 16h to evolve and emerald only 8h if i remember right
and you sell it once it reached level 6 ;)

katali119
02-24-17, 01:53 PM
Interesting, at 6:40 I had 3772 points. Now I have 3728. How does that work? I haven't won that many on a spin for it to have retracted, and I haven't got a spin now as if I've missed one (as if my game reset or something). None of my actions seem not to have happened. So where are those 44 points?

Jennerwein1
02-24-17, 01:57 PM
Interesting, at 6:40 I had 3772 points. Now I have 3728. How does that work? I haven't won that many on a spin for it to have retracted, and I haven't got a spin now as if I've missed one (as if my game reset or something). None of my actions seem not to have happened. So where are those 44 points?
My game resets all the time: battles I have won ... poof! Food I have planted, gone! All vanished into S8 nirvana.
Btw: I now have 32 Japanese tiles. Oh boy!

katali119
02-24-17, 02:07 PM
But my game doesn't seem to have reset here, everything else is just as it was, all the action I took are still taken, just the points are gone? At least if the game had reset I could understand it and even redo the actions to regain the points, but there doesn't seem to be anything to redo!

Boo for tiles!

JustKay
02-24-17, 05:52 PM
But my game doesn't seem to have reset here, everything else is just as it was, all the action I took are still taken, just the points are gone? At least if the game had reset I could understand it and even redo the actions to regain the points, but there doesn't seem to be anything to redo!

Boo for tiles!

Did you spin for points? This may be where the game recalculated. It may have redone your spin and given you a different prize. Just speculating on ideas here. I still think that's unfair. With all the money they're making from LB you'd think they could pay to run a tighter ship. Throw a few extra machines in to help run the game smoother.

bakerystoe
02-24-17, 10:25 PM
I don't see any collecting points building anywhere! Can anyone explain this to me( the candinvian thingy...)

katali119
02-25-17, 06:23 AM
Did you spin for points? This may be where the game recalculated. It may have redone your spin and given you a different prize. Just speculating on ideas here. I still think that's unfair. With all the money they're making from LB you'd think they could pay to run a tighter ship. Throw a few extra machines in to help run the game smoother.

I did, but I'm pretty sure I only got 30-something points, not the 44. The spin was still gone and I didn't see anything different in my other amounts :'( Oh well, I'm sure it's just one of those things, like the bomb where I won a piece and then at the end it told me I hadn't. My game must just have been super glitchy last night.

starship412
02-25-17, 08:06 AM
Is it me or is it harder to breed super or ultra rare dragons during these events?

katali119
02-25-17, 08:26 AM
Is it me or is it harder to breed super or ultra rare dragons during these events?

I do not yet have enough info to answer this. Bear in mind that we had 2 weeks of boosted breeding just before this, so it will definitely seem like there are a lot more commons around now. I only started to track my breeding a couple of weeks ago, so don't have much data. It is something I plan to track. To be sure though, you'd need a fair few people to track all their breeds for several months at least to see if there's any statistical difference.

FireballFarm
02-25-17, 09:29 AM

:( My game has been repeatedly resetting/rolling back since the V-Day update. The reset doesn't affect every item, so it's not the usual synching issue. My game will freeze up for a second and reset the past 10-20 seconds worth of coin collecting. If I have done a spin or battle in those 20 or so seconds, that will roll back, too- but not breeding, evo or crops. It's very weird. If a spin is rolled back and the prize disappears, you don't get to redo the spin like you would be able to with a 'normal' synching roll back. I've tried all the typical remedies (hard reboot, reinstall app) and nothing has helped. The freeze and roll back happens so fast, if you look away from the screen for a few seconds you can easily miss it.

quackedup
02-25-17, 09:38 AM
:( My game has been repeatedly resetting/rolling back since the V-Day update. The reset doesn't affect every item, so it's not the usual synching issue. My game will freeze up for a second and reset the past 10-20 seconds worth of coin collecting. If I have done a spin or battle in those 20 or so seconds, that will roll back, too- but not breeding, evo or crops. It's very weird. If a spin is rolled back and the prize disappears, you don't get to redo the spin like you would be able to with a 'normal' synching roll back. I've tried all the typical remedies (hard reboot, reinstall app) and nothing has helped.

I have also had this problem on too many occasions, and it has played havoc on the bingo game. I had two squares to complete for three lines. I completed one squares, got the points, soo excited as one more to go as I completed the last squares it resets, last squares was started and the second last squarevwas open again!!!! And because the last squares showed it was started there was no way I could get my three lines!!! Two days of work ruined!!!

katali119
02-25-17, 10:17 AM
I have also had this problem on too many occasions, and it has played havoc on the bingo game. I had two squares to complete for three lines. I completed one squares, got the points, soo excited as one more to go as I completed the last squares it resets, last squares was started and the second last squarevwas open again!!!! And because the last squares showed it was started there was no way I could get my three lines!!! Two days of work ruined!!!
Oh no, what an awful time for it to happen!

bakerystoe
02-26-17, 02:55 AM
I am at 7550 now so better get Scandinavian today or the next day;) I don't know if I need to boost for the next 6 days to get Japanese! Any advice for me cuz my team I'd pretty competitive too!!! Is it worth boosting for Japanese?

katali119
02-26-17, 05:14 AM

Ok, between the Tales and the LB, using non-boosted breeding, I bred 5 times, 3 common, 2 super-rare. Since the LB started I have bred 11 times, 6 common & 5 rare. I have another on the den, could be either a rare or super rare. If it's super rare though, it's landworm, which doesn't appear to actually be super rare given I have more of them than I think any other red/green mix. So, on that small sample, yes, it's harder to breed the rarer ones during lb's, but that is a very small sample and statistically not important :)

Edit: no it was wild, another rare.

katali119
02-26-17, 07:24 AM
Didn't the big boost used to be 20 gold for 2 hours? It's 30 now.

jbyn4e
02-26-17, 09:52 AM
It was 30 (2h, 2x) and 7(1h, 1.5x) as I remember from start.

FieldsLikeB
02-26-17, 09:53 AM
What day does the event officially end Friday?

katali119
02-26-17, 12:35 PM
It was 30 (2h, 2x) and 7(1h, 1.5x) as I remember from start.

Ok, thanks, for some reason I thought it was 20.

FireballFarm
02-26-17, 02:02 PM
. If it's super rare though, it's landworm, which doesn't appear to actually be super rare given I have more of them than I think any other red/green mix.

Edit: no it was wild, another rare.

I swear once you breed a super rare, that dragon becomes less rare on your Isles. Off the top of my head, I breed Nymphs, Honeybees, and Landworms as often as commons (maybe the slightest hair less than common- so somewhere between common and rare). There are several other dragons that show up in my den waaay more often than a (supposedly) super rare should, even ones it took me ages to breed the first time. Just an observation.

Edit: Ugh. I just thought about my 3-month stuggle to breed a Mythic Dragon. I was absolutely inundated with supposedly super rare Honeybees, Clockworks and Fireflowers, as well as Firestorms- but couldn't breed a rare Mythic to save my life.

katali119
02-26-17, 02:31 PM
Lol the struggle I've just had to breed a leo, and I think the lb really helped because I think it cut out the super rare options :)

JustKay
02-26-17, 05:30 PM
I swear once you breed a super rare, that dragon becomes less rare on your Isles. Off the top of my head, I breed Nymphs, Honeybees, and Landworms as often as commons (maybe the slightest hair less than common- so somewhere between common and rare). There are several other dragons that show up in my den waaay more often than a (supposedly) super rare should, even ones it took me ages to breed the first time. Just an observation.

Edit: Ugh. I just thought about my 3-month stuggle to breed a Mythic Dragon. I was absolutely inundated with supposedly super rare Honeybees, Clockworks and Fireflowers, as well as Firestorms- but couldn't breed a rare Mythic to save my life.

Yeah, i feel the same way too. It's like the difficulty to breed is related to how many dragons of that type you have. So I was breeding heaps of Nymphs and just kept collecting them since one of the Bingo tasks was to feed Nymph dragons (which was limited at the time). Had around 4 or 5 at one point. Same with Elder and Bride dragons at another point. The game seems to more easily give you what you already have.

I haven't tested the alternate theory of removing all your common dragons and seeing how it affects your breeding fails.

JustKay
02-26-17, 05:35 PM
This LB has been very interesting to watch for me. There are six people currently vying for second place, all within a 200 points gap. There is a little 1.5x boosting here and there, but nobody is trying to break away from the pack. A number of them have top prize dragons on their islands, but everyone is stealthily hiding their trophies... and not many have gold producing dragons, so I know they are capable of spending real money... so the question is when will the action start. I'm sitting pretty with a 4500 point lead on the nearest one, but if things get crazy at the end I may have to use my points reserve.

geckoos
02-27-17, 04:28 AM
This sounds exactly like My group haha :D im #2 atm with 9100+ points

Florr06
02-27-17, 09:10 AM
25,000 apples as a milestone! Nice! :D

9krm
02-27-17, 10:38 AM
25,000 apples as a milestone! Nice! :D

Nice! All of mine have been coins. :(

savage_mel
02-27-17, 01:07 PM
I love my group! right now I'm sitting in second place with 4659. first place has 4721. the rest range from 2700 to 4347. no one cares!! LOL and clearly we're all having the same crappy luck with the spin wheel.

starship412
02-27-17, 02:04 PM
I love my group! right now I'm sitting in second place with 4659. first place has 4721. the rest range from 2700 to 4347. no one cares!! LOL and clearly we're all having the same crappy luck with the spin wheel.

The leader has 24000 in my group and I'm in 12th place. Luckily I gave up hope for 1st and 2nd place early and I'm just in it for the milestones. 6700 right now. When I get to 7600 I'll just stop and try to get Mithril in the mine really quickly, lol.

[S8] Elsa
02-27-17, 05:20 PM
Yeah, i feel the same way too. It's like the difficulty to breed is related to how many dragons of that type you have. So I was breeding heaps of Nymphs and just kept collecting them since one of the Bingo tasks was to feed Nymph dragons (which was limited at the time). Had around 4 or 5 at one point. Same with Elder and Bride dragons at another point. The game seems to more easily give you what you already have.

I haven't tested the alternate theory of removing all your common dragons and seeing how it affects your breeding fails.

To save you the research, breeding doesn't look at or consider what Dragons you already have.

Sjadelove
02-27-17, 06:04 PM
Grrr...I really dislike these leaderboard events, it's just all about who can and will spend the most money.
I'm now 2000 points down in 3rd... Which is the worst WORST spot, I'd rather be in last in a higher league, then at least id get all the dragons.
Usually I wouldn't care too much but I do love this *** dragon...alot! It's gorgeous!
I'm one sad girl!

Jennerwein1
02-27-17, 06:17 PM
I am happily hanging at 11th place during this one with 9,xxx points.Top 2 players have 18,xxx and 17,xxx. Then a few with 12,xxx. This should be fun to watch. I have won several trophies, but don't care for this one.So I am just enjoying the ride and replenishing my food and gold supply. And I am getting a slew of night dragons, which I can trade. Interestingly I have had a night dragon value pack for quite some time now.
Forgot to mention: I now have 48 Japanese wave tiles. I feel so lucky, ;)

Edit: 52 tiles and yet another night dragon deal. They always say they last for an hour. No idea how many of them I have had. Marketing ploy to create urgency?

starship412
02-27-17, 07:34 PM
I know it is said that the breeding algorithm doesn't change during the Leaderboards but I've noticed in the last 2 I played that I would get no more than maybe 2 rares and 2 super rares, 0 ultra rares and no less than 10 common dragons in each one. Currently I'm in an 11 common dragon streak in breeding with only one super rare (Social), no rares and definitely no ultra rares. Something's weird about that. Maybe a mod could help me understand this because it's unnerving to see a streak of Magics (3 in a row at one point), Waters (3 in a row at one point also), Corals and Islands littering up the nests.

JustKay
02-27-17, 07:41 PM
I know it is said that the breeding algorithm doesn't change during the Leaderboards but I've noticed in the last 2 I played that I would get no more than maybe 2 rares and 2 super rares, 0 ultra rares and no less than 10 common dragons in each one. Currently I'm in an 11 common dragon streak in breeding with only one super rare (Social), no rares and definitely no ultra rares. Something's weird about that. Maybe a mod could help me understand this because it's unnerving to see a streak of Magics (3 in a row at one point), Waters (3 in a row at one point also), Corals and Islands littering up the nests.

Here's a different idea. Maybe the breeding algorithm draws from a shared pool. So maybe the game only ever releases a certain number of rares or super rares over any given period (maybe 5 minutes, maybe an hour) and if that limit is reached it reduces the chances of getting those. So during these intensive events, maybe all the speed breeders racking up points (with the extra roost enabled) for the LB are depleting these shared pools resulting in everyone getting fewer rares and super rares. In theory, this helps everyone playing Bingo since commons are what are usually required for goals.

starship412
02-28-17, 05:06 AM
Oh great, time I talk about not getting ultra rares in Leaderboards and Tiny and Elements give me a Diamond just in time to not get Leaderboard points - dandy.

[S8] Elsa
02-28-17, 10:48 AM

We don't modify breeding rules for events. The pool can adjust subtly depending on what Dragons are available. If there's a new Dragon for that color that's breedable, then you could possibly get that Dragon in addition to what already exists or if we retire a Dragon then it's no longer in the pool, etc.

Getting a bunch of Magic or any other Dragon in a row is just luck (good or bad depending on how the player sees it).

Here's a different idea. Maybe the breeding algorithm draws from a shared pool. So maybe the game only ever releases a certain number of rares or super rares over any given period (maybe 5 minutes, maybe an hour) and if that limit is reached it reduces the chances of getting those. So during these intensive events, maybe all the speed breeders racking up points (with the extra roost enabled) for the LB are depleting these shared pools resulting in everyone getting fewer rares and super rares. In theory, this helps everyone playing Bingo since commons are what are usually required for goals.

There isn't a shared pool. All your dice rolls are the same as any player, with the exception of Boosted Breeding or Diamond Temple which improve the odds a little bit.

starship412
02-28-17, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the clarification Elsa!

PinkBubbles75
02-28-17, 06:41 PM
Oh great, time I talk about not getting ultra rares in Leaderboards and Tiny and Elements give me a Diamond just in time to not get Leaderboard points - dandy.

Use some of the breeding boosts! Congratulations on the diamond dragon! :)

Hartoled
02-28-17, 10:29 PM
I enjoy speed breeding for some of the Limited dragons that come up from time to time. I'm glad they often seem to come at reasonable intervals (barring the Future Dragon and a disturbing number of the Valentine's Period dragons. I guess we all imagine that our luck gets tampered with, from time to time...or maybe it's just glitches. I'm probably not alone in feeling like there are some pretty tough dragons in the arena since the end of the Marionette was announced. :/

Hartoled
02-28-17, 10:38 PM
I sure would like to have that Scandinavian tree, but not as a 325 bar decoration. I can't really justify the expense since it cost me less than that to maintain a sizable lead in the event. I just boosted a couple of times at the beginning and played Bingo as usual.

JustKay
02-28-17, 11:13 PM
I sure would like to have that Scandinavian tree, but not as a 325 bar decoration. I can't really justify the expense since it cost me less than that to maintain a sizable lead in the event. I just boosted a couple of times at the beginning and played Bingo as usual.

Normally, they cut price these LB points about halfway through, which makes sense since you only get "half" the points from the building if you buy it later. It's a good time to get it if you want just the decoration. They didn't do it this time, which is probably a sign of changing times. I remember they used to half price the boosts near the end, so maybe that won't happen either.

ToshiNoMiya
03-01-17, 11:56 AM
Scandinavian Tree and Caretaker Carving aren't working for me at the moment - does anyone else have the same problem?

[S8] Elsa
03-01-17, 12:04 PM
Scandinavian Tree and Caretaker Carving aren't working for me at the moment - does anyone else have the same problem?

;< I will look into this.

DragonHeartKai
03-01-17, 12:05 PM

Same here, not a happy bunny

kooky panda
03-01-17, 12:14 PM

Elsa;1401191'];< I will look into this.

Bug thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97639-Scandinavian-tree-not-collecting-points-for-event)

ToshiNoMiya
03-01-17, 01:06 PM
Bug thread here. (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97639-Scandinavian-tree-not-collecting-points-for-event)

I also filled out a bug report ticket via the form, so hopefully the help team will quickly be alerted.

I just posted here to find out if this was something just affecting me or a wider spread issue.

EDIT: The issue has been resolved and both items are working again.

kooky panda
03-01-17, 02:43 PM
I also filled out a bug report ticket via the form, so hopefully the help team will quickly be alerted.

I just posted here to find out if this was something just affecting me or a wider spread issue.

EDIT: The issue has been resolved and both items are working again.

Yes!! The issue has now been fixed!:)

jo_fitz
03-02-17, 07:49 AM
I hate how much gold these events cost. I couldn't afford either building, so I've had to make due with boosts here and there. I still don't think I'll finish the event, as I just hit 6k.

katali119
03-02-17, 11:12 AM
Edit, never mind, apparently I've just forgotten how many hours are in a day or something.

Gaillock
03-05-17, 12:21 AM
What happened to the LB? I think it ended, but I don't show any results.

kooky panda
03-05-17, 12:32 PM
What happened to the LB? I think it ended, but I don't show any results.
I noticed the same thing. My icon is gone, but I never saw any results or got a pop up of where I ended up. ( I normally do).
I will check on this.

katali119
03-05-17, 01:12 PM
Mine ended as normal, had the results icon there for about a day I think, had the pop up and the prizes.

JustKay
03-05-17, 04:41 PM
I got my results (& my gold trophy & dragon). They were on the side bar scrolling thing, but at the bottom. maybe you didn't scroll down enough?

Gaillock
03-06-17, 01:18 AM
I noticed the same thing. My icon is gone, but I never saw any results or got a pop up of where I ended up. ( I normally do).
I will check on this.

Thanks!