PDA

View Full Version : Castle story future???

dragon2046
02-16-17, 01:15 PM
Just read an article []S8 laid off 130 employees. They had 240 so over half of their staff is gone. :/. S8 what does this mean for you games ? Are we to expect a lot of copy and paste type events with nothing but deco? Is castle story going to be a story anymore ? I hate this new leader board events are they here to stay ? I highly doubt I will get a response but I have invested lots of time and money into several of your games and would like to know the direction of S8. Also thought fellow players should be aware of this major change at S8. :/

katbtodd
02-16-17, 01:21 PM
I felt a change coming ,just in all the events

meme1098
02-16-17, 01:25 PM
Thanks, Tybug. Just read the article.
Can't see why they'd be developing new games when they can't seem to keep up with all the games they have now...lol.
I guess this explains all the goal recycling since last September or so.

enaid03
02-16-17, 01:28 PM
It explains why all their games are on a similiar format. All the games with the leaderboard events. All the recycled content.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

That quote is pretty much how I have been feeling about their games. No wonder we have no story line and all these random ones.

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 01:30 PM
Just read the article. This explains a lot. Funnily enough, I wonder if they'd stuck to keeping their customers happy with Castle story and not ripped off the people that pay money �� in to this game if we'd be playing these crazy updates over the last year.

zoroak
Very sorry for the 130 employees. :(

xtinem070672
Thanks for the info :/ I'd been googling for similar status reports since rumors started swirling on the forum about S8's long term iffy-ness.
Neighbors are the best and a weekly update was exciting. Sad. Bummed. Where do I go now? Can I take my nbrs w me?:o

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 01:37 PM
Very sorry for the 130 employees. :(

Incredibly sad for them, I've been made redundant twice so I know how it feels. I just wish employers would try for a happy balance between customers and staff rather than greed. Least that's what we're seeing - just greed. I suspect we don't know the full story. Never will. But we just have to hope they're off to bigger things. Isn't California like New York for Wall Street for the Computer Industry?

Zirilka
02-16-17, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info :/ I'd been googling for similar status reports since rumors started swirling on the forum about S8's long term iffy-ness. Neighbors are the best and a weekly update was exciting. Sad. Bummed. Where do I go now? Can I take my nbrs w me?:o

Oh you are just like me! Same here!

katbtodd
02-16-17, 01:55 PM
Maybe if they thought more of the their customers wanted and not the greed they would be on top and not laying people off
In everything there is a balance

fish63
02-16-17, 01:59 PM
We came here when they shut down Hidden Objects. It was the same. You couldn't level up and no expansions. We came as a group when someone said we could visit. I would miss my friends.

xtinem070672
02-16-17, 02:00 PM
Maybe if they thought more of the their customers wanted and not the greed they would be on top and not laying people off
In everything there is a balance

I so wish this were true, but it seems in American culture it's better to have it all for five minutes than enough forever. :(

CelineKats
02-16-17, 02:08 PM
If they let so many people go then it is a no brainer that they will close some of their games. Lets hope the best for this one.

AnisWa
02-16-17, 02:10 PM
Sorry, that they weren't listening to change their format, they might have kept all the dedicated players. But, instead, I believe they lost a lot of those loyal customers, which caused lack of funds and they needed to downsize. Sorry for those who lost their job!

Does this mean, we won't have a new event this week??? Hmmmmm....

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 02:11 PM
But as it stands at the moment is it? I love this game but timed quest after timed quest. How many stags and polar bears? It's not the game I found 3 years ago.

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 02:19 PM
Sorry, that they weren't listening to change their format, they might have kept all the dedicated players. But, instead, I believe they lost a lot of those loyal customers, which caused lack of funds and they needed to downsize. Sorry for those who lost their job!

This I believe is essentially where they went wrong. But let's face it customers, pay people their wages. It's a statement of fact. I run my own business every time I lose a customer my wage goes down every time I gain, my wage goes up. I have to provide a good service to keep, gain and build. A reputation takes years to build, seconds to destroy. This last event left a lot of people not wanting to do exactly what s8 wants us to do, but we've seen plenty spending gems like their going out of fashion. Those gems might go out of fashion soon if Castle Story doesn't make the cut.

Guardian452
02-16-17, 02:19 PM
But as it stands at the moment is it? I love this game but timed quest after timed quest. How many stags and polar bears? It's not the game I found 3 years ago.

S8 shot themselves in the foot with that strategy. They have basically reduced their paying customer base to those who can login daily multiple times. Players who can't play every day or can only login once or twice a day have no chance of ever completing quests and are unlikely to spend money on gems.

PrincessCupOButter
02-16-17, 04:20 PM
S8 shot themselves in the foot with that strategy. They have basically reduced their paying customer base to those who can login daily multiple times. Players who can't play every day or can only login once or twice a day have no chance of ever completing quests and are unlikely to spend money on gems.

I believe they have shot themselves in the foot with those daily players too. I am one of those who can log in multiple times per day and play daily, but I have not bought, and will not buy gems to get through any of the types of events we've had lately. As the saying goes: "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."
People are getting fed up with timed events designed to force gem spending. And they are getting wise to the fact that these events are all carbon copies with the same repetitive tasks and mediocre prizes. (And mediocre is a generous description, IMO)

I haven't read the article yet, but I do feel sorry for the laid off employees. Hopefully they will quickly find employment elsewhere and somewhere where they'll be able to use more of their creativity and imagination. I've been feeling (and posting) that the game has become all about greed with no concern for customer preferences. That formula can only work for so long before customers move on. But it sure makes me sad that such a fun little game with so much potential could become a casualty in the process. And to a great extent, it already has. :(

cyndora
02-16-17, 05:31 PM
I believe they have shot themselves in the foot with those daily players too. I am one of those who can log in multiple times per day and play daily, but I have not bought, and will not buy gems to get through any of the types of events we've had lately. As the saying goes: "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."
People are getting fed up with timed events designed to force gem spending. And they are getting wise to the fact that these events are all carbon copies with the same repetitive tasks and mediocre prizes. (And mediocre is a generous description, IMO) xox

I haven't read the article yet, but I do feel sorry for the laid off employees. Hopefully they will quickly find employment elsewhere and somewhere where they'll be able to use more of their creativity and imagination. I've been feeling (and posting) that the game has become all about greed with no concern for customer preferences. That formula can only work for so long before customers move on. But it sure makes me sad that such a fun little game with so much potential could become a casualty in the process. And to a great extent, it already has. :(

well said.
i never understood why devs of games dont listen more closely to the player base? how many games have died on pc , or ipad , or android because of it. i understand you cant give everyone everything they ask. but when there is such a vocal amount of players all requesting the SAME thing, that should be a clue....or a red flag that they are going in the wrong/right direction....but what do i know.....now wheres my martini.?...?...

xox
cyn

ktorewqas
02-16-17, 05:36 PM
I hope those employees find jobs. Who knows, what would happen to s8 ... Hope for the best.

AnisWa
02-16-17, 05:39 PM
Now, I'm having trouble getting into the game. And, if it's not when I initially start playing. It's when the free gift banner appears, I tap it, that little wheel starts spinning, then, boom....I'm out of the game...back to my iPad's home page. Oh my!

coolssp
02-16-17, 06:42 PM
This is sad news indeed, not just for staff who have been laid off, but for future of the game. I started playing 3 years ago and have diligently kept at it because for the first 2 and half years, the story line, quests etc were very engaging. Last 6-8 months is sheer habit and lovely neighbors. Did try FS2, RS2 and DS but didn't find them as interactive and engaging as CS.

I do hope things workout for S8 and CS reverts to main story line to retain it's client base.

Wonkaland99
02-17-17, 04:41 AM
I am an Android user, and was planning to invest in an i-pad shortly because i am fed up with the frequent crashes on my tablet which make CS virtually unplayable at times. Also on IOS I would hopefully be able to watch the videos for gems and get back to visiting neighbours.

Now if CS faces an uncertain future I will definitely wait a while before parting with my cash.

Lyzau
02-17-17, 06:51 AM
So sad for all those people who lost their jobs. The game industry is rutheless that way.
Also sad to read that "the studio looks to streamline and refocus its mobile game operations".
I read that as "all games are going to be one and the same game, albeit labelled with different names". One event formula timeline accross all games, except in Castle Story you will be crafting beams, while in Restaurant Story you will be cooking eggs, but the basic concept will be the same.

I fear for the unique Story line in Castle Story. We haven't seen a story update for so long! Only these boring events with mediocre rewards. Nothing to make me feel truly "rewarded".

Maybe it's time to nurse myself off of this addiction.

PurpleScorpion76
02-17-17, 06:55 AM
So sad for all those people who lost their jobs. The game industry is rutheless that way.
Also sad to read that "the studio looks to streamline and refocus its mobile game operations".
I read that as "all games are going to be one and the same game, albeit labelled with different names". One event formula timeline accross all games, except in Castle Story you will be crafting beams, while in Restaurant Story you will be cooking eggs, but the basic concept will be the same.

I fear for the unique Story line in Castle Story. We haven't seen a story update for so long! Only these boring events with mediocre rewards. Nothing to make me feel truly "rewarded".

Maybe it's time to nurse myself off of this addiction.

I think this is what many will start to do if these timed events continue. I did it last year for the first Naga event I can and will do it again if I feel it necessary to do so. Though as I'm off sick again I may push it further than I normally would do to cure boredom.

hagypagy
02-17-17, 08:30 AM
Terrible news for the future of the game.
Looks like it'll die soon.
Pity it never got finished and the brilliant start never got the conclusion it deserved.

I'll expand my remaining expansions and call it a day I guess.

scotslassuk
02-17-17, 08:37 AM
So sad for those that lost their jobs and I hope they were treated fairly. It will be a sad day if this game goes so many have made friends around the world, all down to a story that now looks will have a Very Unhappy Ending!!

PrincessCupOButter
02-17-17, 08:57 AM
This is sad news indeed, not just for staff who have been laid off, but for future of the game. I started playing 3 years ago and have diligently kept at it because for the first 2 and half years, the story line, quests etc were very engaging. Last 6-8 months is sheer habit and lovely neighbors. Did try FS2, RS2 and DS but didn't find them as interactive and engaging as CS.

I do hope things workout for S8 and CS reverts to main story line to retain it's client base.

I too have tried all those other games. (downloaded them for the gems) And I agree, none were as engaging or interesting as Castle Story. I have searched and tried to find another game with the same appeal, and I haven't been able to do so. There are a ton of FS and RS type games out there, but there is no character development, no sense of community, and no interesting backstory to those type of games. Just doing the same things over and over and making the bakery or restaurant bigger and maybe redecorating, bored me to tears. I won't get into DS out of respect for it's fans, but I will just say it was not the game for me.
Since S8 merged all of its games under the S8 umbrella, they seem to have been pushing CS more into the same format as all the other games. Using a formula that I'm sure is easier to streamline and "manage" but disappointing many of its customers in the process.
Based on the fact that they have just had to lay off over half of their employees, maybe it's time to revisit whether that "formula" is actually working all that well.
My hope is that when they 'refocus' it is going to be on taking a risk and getting back to the original castle story, and maybe creating some more games that "break the mold" and ditch the 'formula'. Please S8, reintroduce imagination and creativity.

FrostyFinn
02-17-17, 09:24 AM
S8 Please listen to the comments from your players. We know you need to make money, we understand that. But what you might not get is if you bring back the originality of Castle Story, we will support you. Most of us don't mind spending gems as long as it is worthwhile. I for one don't mind buying limited edition items for my kingdom. Lots of games have those. It makes it fun. We could even trade them with each other or gift them.

There are so many ways to create revenue within the game without destroying the storyline or making your loyal gamers feel used. Just try reading this forum. There have been so many amazing ideas thrown out that we would love to see happen. Just read. Revenue ideas abound. I have 10 ideas right now that would work seamlessly for both us gamers and your company.

The bottom line is we want Castle Story to stay and want to help make it happen. Think back to when you created this game for Facebook. Go back there and start fresh. We support you.

scavaig
02-17-17, 11:30 AM
With a reduced staff it is unlikely S8 are going to focus on making/keeping castle story the unique experience it was/is.

I can see S8 will make all their games clones of each other with similar events as outlined above.

Sadly for me there was/is nothing like castle story out there.

I am sure someone once said the average life of a game was 3 years"...........

scavaig
02-17-17, 11:33 AM
Is there no update or is it delayed ?

As far as I know there has not been an official comment.

Have you seen 'Castle story future???' On the forum?

Edit - yes... I see you have ;-)

kattkrazie
02-17-17, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't worry about CS going anywhere. Corporations sometimes get too big, too fast, then have to trim things. A staff of 240 was probably unsustainable for just a few games. Look at the bright side, the remaining employees will probably work hard to keep their customers. Things might actuallly be better for us in the future. For example, S8 tried something totally new with the Royal Games challenge. It remains to be seen if it was a success, but at least it was something new that long time players hadn't seen yet. Love it or hate it, it was creative and most definitely different from what we've been getting.

scavaig
02-17-17, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't worry about CS going anywhere. Corporations sometimes get too big, too fast, then have to trim things. A staff of 240 was probably unsustainable for just a few games. Look at the bright side, the remaining employees will probably work hard to keep their customers. Things might actuallly be better for us in the future. For example, S8 tried something totally new with the Royal Games challenge. It remains to be seen if it was a success, but at least it was something new that long time players hadn't seen yet. Love it or hate it, it was creative and most definitely different from what we've been getting.

One things for sure ... They ( and us) would all miss you katt :-) :-)

kattkrazie
02-17-17, 12:09 PM
One things for sure ... They ( and us) would all miss you katt :-) :-)

:o

katbtodd
02-17-17, 12:11 PM
As far as I know there has not been an official comment.

Have you seen 'Castle story future???' On the forum?

Edit - yes... I see you have ;-)

Yes it's sad ,but I feel they are bringing on themself,by not hearing their customers, they do what they want and hope for the best... A lot of these players have so many great ideas , if they would just read the forum

flowerqueen007
02-17-17, 01:07 PM
Is there no update or is it delayed ?

Perhaps they read the forum, you know, where some players wrote they would rather do nothing than another timed event, well it looks like they got their wish :confused:

Now no one has a choice

scavaig
02-17-17, 01:09 PM
Perhaps they read the forum, you know, where a lot of players wrote they would rather do nothing than another timed event, well it looks like they got their wish :confused:

Now no one has a choice

Let's hope they take notice of our other requests as well then .... :-)

ktorewqas
02-17-17, 02:20 PM
I think the devs deserve a break. I think the employees are shocked by the company's movement too. I feel for them :(

parlski
02-17-17, 02:28 PM
I just want to get to the bit with the crown in the encasement.
all the best for those that were let go at S8. losing ones job is never fun for either party.

PurpleScorpion76
02-17-17, 03:14 PM
all the best for those that were let go at S8. losing ones job is never fun for either party.

Yes if they know the future of Castle story they really should get us to that part of the story.

hkcorrigan
02-17-17, 06:39 PM
I think the devs deserve a break. I think the employees are shocked by the company's movement too. I feel for them :(

I agree. Layoffs aren't pleasant regardless of if you were let go or got to stay. Uncertainty, low morale, confusion, apprehension. Let everything settle down and see what happens then. And hope all those impacted find something that satisfies them.

rulerofjennyville
02-17-17, 07:02 PM
I'm fine with no new challenges for a bit. I still haven't finished the main story lines or all my expansions.

MoonVillage3
02-17-17, 11:27 PM

This certainly is true.. and I feel sad for each one of them. It's not easy to consentrate on your work knowing your co-workers/friends have been laid off for good.
There has been a massive change.. and who is left in place has to cover for the others. The work is not less.. but less workers have to cover what's to be done.. and not always possible in the time at disposition.

Total confusion will reign.. just hope the managers think also about the service towards their clients and not only what gain comes into their pockets. Games running perfect and fluently, with prompt service are few. Here's to hoping S8 made a correct decision and will not have negative results as many games have been through.

It's heartbreaking for clients too, who have made years of investments in a game, caring for it daily, to have to make a choice and leave due to lack of service and clear abandon of developers, as they do not advise in-game, so as not to face problems of who dares to ask for refunds.

Hoping this doesn't happen to our beloved CastleStory.. as it's unique and one of it's kind.. and hoping too S8 have a friendly heart like we do, behind our kingdoms.

janddolphins
02-18-17, 12:57 AM
I do hope they continue to work on CS. Two things I really would like to see is the storyline continue and more mister hunts. Last monster hunt I bought the beastbane and I feel it went to waste if there won't be anything new to buy with what I'm saving.

I have to admit those hunts are the most fun off storyline and if ever they don't have a storyline to give a week in my opinion it should be a hunt instead.

But I have seen some interesting additions such as with the flowers, and some interesting in a less positive way such as the leaderboard event, but something is always going on. Just please listen to us and bring back what we are interested in. Thanks!

parlski
02-18-17, 06:18 AM
I read the article about the letting go of more than half their workers. sad position for anyone to be in.
but I also read elsewhere about the company and its management. appears they may have dug their own grave.
I do hope this game can survive, but I hold little hope.

badbunny42
02-18-17, 08:48 AM
I read the article about the letting go of more than half their workers. sad position for anyone to be in.
but I also read elsewhere about the company and its management. appears they may have dug their own grave.

I have a bad feeling the CS team is gone. There were a number of updates teased which makes this week's silence strange otherwise. I played S8s mystery/hidden objects game which they quit updating years ago, yet it stayed listed to play for newcomers. Suspect CS is in same boat. Hope I'm wrong.

rulerofjennyville
02-18-17, 08:52 AM
I have a bad feeling the CS team is gone. There were a number of updates teased which makes this week's silence strange otherwise. I played S8s mystery/hidden objects game which they quit updating years ago, yet it stayed listed to play for newcomers. Suspect CS is in same boat. Hope I'm wrong.

At least we were forewarned. They'd do better to release a statement if they are going to continue to have the game at all. People won't buy anything from a game if they know it is going to be defunct and I think a lot of us have had that happen before. They wouldn't have had to release new updates either - there were a number of older ones like the love shack that people were clamoring for. Who owns S8?

PrincessCupOButter
02-18-17, 10:24 AM

I really hope that S8 decides to continue Castle Story, at least long enough to give the story some closure. (What is in the locket and that glass case already?!)
If the decision has already been made, I wish they would just say so, because I have a gem sale offer today. I'm not even tempted, but for people who don't follow the forums, that could mean a purchase that will be useless if game support does end up being discontinued.

rulerofjennyville
02-18-17, 10:31 AM

Storm 8 has "more than 50 million monthly active users and more than 1 billion downloads on iOS and Android" and "was one of the first free-to-play mobile game publishers to announce that they earned $1 million in a single day". So it's puzzling that they would find themselves in this sort of a situation.

I really hope that S8 decides to continue Castle Story, at least long enough to give the story some closure. (What is in the locket and that glass case already?!)
If the decision has already been made, I wish they would just say so, because I have a gem sale offer today. I'm not even tempted, but for people who don't follow the forums, that could mean a purchase that will be useless if game support does end up being discontinued.

Yes, they could at least open up that territory with the glass cage at the bottom of our screens. Or release a statement telling us what it was going to be. But they don't respect their players very much which might have been their downfall.

cavegirl1
02-18-17, 03:24 PM
When S8 stopped Fairytale Wonderland , they did give players notice but I can't remember how much. Though that was still in its early stages, so didn't have the dedication this game has. And I guess it may be different if they stop work on a number of their games at the same time.

cyndora
02-18-17, 05:48 PM
or they could use this for a great chance to make a new kingdom like , castle story 2 or something like that , and we can transfer all our buildings, purchases, deco , expansions, and money, over to the new kingdom , with new graphics and a newer shiney operating program , with a better inventory and better drop rates of things..... or not ...either way im good.

rulerofjennyville
02-18-17, 05:57 PM
I could keep playing for awhile without updates but will soon run out of things to do. And what about that mysterious building at the bottom of our screens we can't expand to? What was that for?

parlski
02-19-17, 06:20 AM

I was under the impression that updates we set to automatically rollout long before we actually get them.
I do enjoy this game. to be honest, it's the only one I play. I wish they would go back to the formula that made it enjoyable in the first place.
however, if that's not possible due to lack of artistic talent, lack of ideas, or just plain lack of supporting revenue, then this game seems doomed.
I've noticed a change since TL became S8. which would (in my thought process) point any problems and successes to management.

danzplace
02-19-17, 07:31 AM
Wishing all the employees the best during this challenging time!

rulerofjennyville
02-19-17, 08:31 AM
Well, if people buy things with real money and the game shuts down they're going to be mad. They'd do better to release a statement. I'm seeing where they still have bundles for sale.

EllasGrandma1
02-19-17, 10:31 AM

Yes, me too! Haven't we all been begging for expansions for ages? I do sympathise with all those who have sadly lost their jobs. Now it's time for the lucky ones to justify that luck....get CS back on track and take the storyline forward. We loyal players will support you...if you give us something worth supporting!

EllasGrandma1
02-19-17, 10:33 AM
I was under the impression that updates we set to automatically rollout long before we actually get them.
I do enjoy this game. to be honest, it's the only one I play. I wish they would go back to the formula that made it enjoyable in the first place.
however, if that's not possible due to lack of artistic talent, lack of ideas, or just plain lack of supporting revenue, then this game seems doomed.
I've noticed a change since TL became S8. which would (in my thought process) point any problems and successes to management.
The changes definitely began when TL became S8

EllasGrandma1
02-19-17, 10:34 AM
or they could use this for a great chance to make a new kingdom like , castle story 2 or something like that , and we can transfer all our buildings, purchases, deco , expansions, and money, over to the new kingdom , with new graphics and a newer shiney operating program , with a better inventory and better drop rates of things..... or not ...either way im good.

Great idea!!

kattkrazie
02-19-17, 02:54 PM
The changes definitely began when TL became S8

This is true. I quit playing CS for over a year while it was TeamLava. Six months with nothing to do was common. When I started playing again, it was Storm8 and I began enjoying playing again. I have no fond memories of TeamLava.

And as for warning players not to purchase gems because CS 'might be going away', I've seen no hard evidence in this thread that S8 is going under. What I have seen is glass-half-empty opinions that Castle Story is surely doomed.

I will keep buying the same amount of gems I always buy and keep supporting the game.

MoonVillage3
02-19-17, 03:58 PM
This is true. I quit playing CS for over a year while it was TeamLava. Six months with nothing to do was common. When I started playing again, it was Storm8 and I began enjoying playing again. I have no fond memories of TeamLava.

And as for warning players not to purchase gems because CS 'might be going away', I've seen no hard evidence in this thread that S8 is going under. What I have seen is glass-half-empty opinions that Castle Story is surely doomed.

I will keep buying the same amount of gems I always buy and keep supporting the game.

This is my intention too.. I'll certainly keep supporting. We have two positive announced updates all ready to be served.. Ivy's lover and the *****ing Elvens.. both in our last game's update. There will be lots for us to do.
The reason we might not have had an update last thursday could simply be we still have one in course and the Royal Exchange is still occupied, so lets not panic as is usual we skip a thursday here and there.
Even with changes in the team.. all can function anyway. The main reason to close a game is if it's not gaining anything anymore, so let's not drop to 0 and prove CS is 'worthwhile' :)

rulerofjennyville
02-19-17, 05:35 PM

That's up to you. But people should be made aware that we don't know what is going to happen and that they might not want to pay cash for anything until S8 releases some sort of statement telling customers that the game is going to continue. I was playing a game by [removed third party game] and it literally shut down in two weeks. If you'd bought coins you lost what you paid for. It was a different situation but I won't be buying anything further until I have some assurances from S8 that they are going to maintain the game and it is going to keep going. It wouldn't take that much effort from them to quell rumors so at this point they should just release a statement on this board.

kattkrazie
02-19-17, 05:59 PM
This is my intention too.. I'll certainly keep supporting. We have two positive announced updates all ready to be served.. Ivy's lover and the *****ing Elvens.. both in our last game's update. There will be lots for us to do.
The reason we might not have had an update last thursday could simply be we still have one in course and the Royal Exchange is still occupied, so lets not panic as is usual we skip a thursday here and there.
Even with changes in the team.. all can function anyway. The main reason to close a game is if it's not gaining anything anymore, so let's not drop to 0 and prove CS is 'worthwhile' :)

Yep, my social rating has taken a nosedive lately because of real life. I hope to get back to at least 3 hearts before too long. Most of you guys on here are my neighbors, so please don't think I've abandoned you. I'm still around...

dipwid
02-20-17, 01:08 PM
Let's not assume anything. Continue playing as you normally do until we have any news. We have an event going on till the end of February,and they have mentioned some upcoming things such as ivy's love interest. I'm thankful for the break so I can make progress on a couple of story goals. There has been gaps of a week before between events. I think we will be ok.

flowerqueen007
02-20-17, 02:36 PM
That's up to you. But people should be made aware that we don't know what is going to happen and that they might not want to pay cash for anything until S8 releases some sort of statement telling customers that the game is going to continue. I was playing a game by [removed third party game] and it literally shut down in two weeks. If you'd bought coins you lost what you paid for. It was a different situation but I won't be buying anything further until I have some assurances from S8 that they are going to maintain the game and it is going to keep going. It wouldn't take that much effort from them to quell rumors so at this point they should just release a statement on this board.

It depends on why you spend the money, I spend money to enhance my game play, I dont drink alcohol or smoke so my vice is Castle Story, I will keep spending money as long as the updates keep coming.

mayennalee
02-20-17, 04:18 PM
I dont mind having a week or two away from events/timed quests. I use it to help build my inventory back up for the next one.
One thing I did before the leadership event, was to stockpile the ingredients needed for Fairie Elixir (greenhouse). That really helped when i needed a quick extra 20 energy

rembetiko
02-20-17, 08:19 PM

If you don't care it is ok. But I would really get mad if I make an in-app purchase to get something that will help me in this game and then they shut down their servers. It has happened with other great games, even ones that were not free (a "lifetime license" isn't much worth if the game is an online game and the servers don't run any more).

I liked this game a lot more when it was still a TL game. I remember good things, like the love shack. Maybe there were less updates, but at least it was a pleasure to play. Now, I have lots of unfinished buildings from different timed events in my storage, whenever there is a new quest which is not timed it will take forever to complete it (boring) and if it is a timed quest it feels like hard work to complete it in time, sacrifice sleeping time and making in-app purchases to find out that the reward is something not worth all the trouble.

I would have tried to save TL with in-app purchases if I had known all that before. No bad feelings against S8, but most of their games (the ones they developed, not bought) are not the kind I like.

hagypagy
02-20-17, 09:02 PM
It seems silly that they would stop the game as there's still a lot of player spending happening.

There's also a big opportunity to make a lot of cash if updates are rolled out correctly.
Especially with those remaining expansions.

If Storm8 employees are struggling to find ways to do this they should reach out to the community here and find out what we want and what we spend money on.

Condolences to everyone at Storm8 ... Company lay offs are hard on those list and those that remain.
We all appreciate all the hard work you guys consistently put in.

AnisWa
02-21-17, 02:15 PM
Let's not assume anything. Continue playing as you normally do until we have any news. We have an event going on till the end of February,and they have mentioned some upcoming things such as ivy's love interest. I'm thankful for the break so I can make progress on a couple of story goals. There has been gaps of a week before between events. I think we will be ok.

I've noticed, at least for me, that, it's become necessary for me to delete the app and upload over & over again, whenever I want to play Castle story. This started last Thursday. it doesn't happen to other games I play on my IPad.

PurpleScorpion76
02-21-17, 03:38 PM
When S8 stopped Fairytale Wonderland , they did give players notice but I can't remember how much. Though that was still in its early stages, so didn't have the dedication this game has. And I guess it may be different if they stop work on a number of their games at the same time.

I think they gave a month or two in notice. I agree with others though that I'd be surprised if their major games get stopped. I do however suspect their 'streamlining' may mean not the game we were used to before all the crazy repetitive timed events. I am still playing my game expanding, restocking and sending deliveries for the elves for now but Thursday updates help change up the monotonous part of the game. If Thursday updates continue on the timed events theme or stop altogether I will re-evaluate my game play.

meme1098
02-21-17, 03:39 PM
I just now started getting an update & from the dialogue it may be about Ivy & her lover.

PurpleScorpion76
02-22-17, 04:33 AM
Looks like nothing to worry about for now. Woop woop!

CharmOfLea
02-22-17, 10:33 AM
Just read an article []S8 laid off 130 employees. They had 240 so over half of their staff is gone. :/. S8 what does this mean for you games ? Are we to expect a lot of copy and paste type events with nothing but deco? Is castle story going to be a story anymore ? I hate this new leader board events are they here to stay ? I highly doubt I will get a response but I have invested lots of time and money into several of your games and would like to know the direction of S8. Also thought fellow players should be aware of this major change at S8. :/
It seems what was good for the game economy, wasn't that good for the company economy. Sorry. For. The. Confusion, S8.

booboogeo
02-24-17, 01:54 AM
They continue to give impossible to complete quests with limited timing, it's rediculous and makes bad gaming in my opinion

AnniePMH
02-24-17, 02:05 PM
I wanted to say that I'm sorry for S8 as a company, and very sorry for the staff members that have lost their jobs, as well as those that still work with the games and lost their colleagues. Also deeply concerned for the families. I've loved CS very much, maybe too much, and I got quite greedy to have as much as possible of the lovely designed decos. Because I've been passionate about the game I've sometimes used upset and angry wording when posting, and now I feel sorry about that. I've supported the game with a lot of time and money, but also sometimes used loopholes and glitches. I wish that it had been stated directly at the forums when people posted about them that these were not allowed at all, because I didn't know that. I wish all people that worked/work with CS all the best, and I'm sorry for all the words and happenings that turned out wrong. Even if I don't always understand everything that's going on, I still love you:)

flemlion
02-25-17, 01:02 AM
I so wish this were true, but it seems in American culture it's better to have it all for five minutes than enough forever. :(

This is coming from America??

They for sure do not care much for the free speech part of that culture then.

ethan1brothers
03-04-17, 01:52 PM
wow now I know why dream city hasn't updated since haloween and bakery story 2 since xmas .............

rulerofjennyville
03-05-17, 07:58 AM
So was this the last challenge in the pipeline or was there another one? I guess we'll know what they're doing if they keep giving us challenges. Hopefully they've read the thread and will stop with the impossible to complete challenges.

FrostyFinn
03-07-17, 11:54 AM
Very exciting news! No need to stress, if this is any indication that S8 is still ticking and motivated to give us quality gaming, I don't know what is.....I am looking for a job in the real world, so I am constantly on job sites and the web. I came upon an ad from S8 for a high level game expert to take control of and design new game ideas for S8's core games. This person reports directly to the CEO and founder of S8.

I wish I had gone to school for gaming. I would apply. Lol.

SpiritWind00
03-07-17, 07:17 PM
This thread is going off topic and I have closed it awaiting advice from the Community Managers about whether to keep it closed or not.