PDA

View Full Version : Trading Portal Chart?

defiantbaker
02-15-17, 07:16 PM
Wondering if anyone keeps a chart for the trading portal. Recently realized I cannot trade crafted dragons and do not need as many gems as I no longer need them for crafting these dragons. Would like to keep some stock on hand for boring Bingo crafting needs but don't want to get over stocked on any one color. Needing to cull the hoards of extras on my island but would like to know what they will trade for.

I assume the ones with a ? going in will have variable outcomes. If a particular dragon goes in with colors gems noted will that dragon always produce that combo? or could the colors change?

The dragons I am currently considering are on my red islands. Landworm, athletic, firestorm, charm.

I will post more dragons if I find this thread is helpful and people are interested.

Thank for your help.

JustKay
02-15-17, 09:37 PM
The rules are simple:

Fire dragon (& coin bought dragons I think) & gemstone types & rainbow types & some special prize (LB, tales, etc) dragons - no trading
Common dragons - you get a random small gem prize based on one of their colors
Rare dragons with 1 color - you get two small gems for its color, and maybe a mystery prize (gem, scroll, dust or nothing).
Rare dragons with 2 colors - you get one small gem for each color, and maybe a mystery prize (gem, scroll, dust or nothing).
Rare dragons with 3 colors - you get one small gem for each color, and no mystery prize.
Super rare dragons with 1 color - you get two large gems for its color, and maybe a mystery prize (gem, scroll, dust or nothing).
Super rare dragons with 2 colors - you get one large gem of each color, and maybe a mystery prize (gem, scroll, dust or nothing).
Super rare dragons with 3 colors - you get one large gem of each of 2 color, and a small gem of the third color. No mystery prize.
Gold (producing) types - no trading
Diamond types - you get 2 dust and a mystery prize. Not sure if the mystery prize is restricted to the colors of the dragon (who would trade a diamond hybrid?)
Ultra rare dragons (non diamond) - no trading (as most of these fall under the special prize dragons classification)

note:
- If you have 99 gems then the trading options will automatically take this into account and won't give you more gems of that colour/size.
- I think the dragon level improves your chances of getting a mystery prize. I regularly get none for trading L4 dragons.
- Champions seem to be of black type (even though they split into black and red during breeding), some other special types like Olympus (Pink) behave like other base colors or their constituent breeding colors (ie. Gemini is black and green).
- Egyptian & Mytic type is yellow gems.
- Metal & Stone type is white gems.
- Royal & Cosmic is purple gems.
- Zodiac is black gems.
- Dino is green gems.
- Olympus is pink gems.
- Passion & Elemental cannot be traded.

kooky panda
02-16-17, 10:08 AM
JustKay- I have added your post to the Game Guide with other Trading information.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide&p=493561&viewfull=1#post493561

amerirish
02-16-17, 11:39 AM
Soon I'll be trading a level 4 Angel dragon - I kept the 'fail' to use in breeding the Diamond hybrids on the Arctic Island (it worked too :) ) so I'll try to remember to come back and post what I get for it :)

Clark_Wayne
02-16-17, 05:15 PM
i think that the new types (arcane and mystic) are not trade-able :D