PDA

View Full Version : Limited time GPD

savage_mel
02-14-17, 11:36 AM
I don't understand....are they doing away with Gold producing Dragons?? I don't even know what to say. This is a new low....

Edit KP

Elsa;1396610']A few of treasure type Dragons are moving on to new adventures and will be available for a limited time until 2/21 10am PST. ^_^

Elsa;1396628']There will be four still available: Treasure Dragon, White Gold Dragon, Gold Horizon Dragon, and Kintsugi Dragon. :)

gisellepersad
02-14-17, 11:53 AM
I was wondering the same thing because they are not on sale, storm 8 please clarify !!!

[S8] Elsa
02-14-17, 12:13 PM
A few of treasure type Dragons are moving on to new adventures and will be available for a limited time until 2/21 10am PST. ^_^

savage_mel
02-14-17, 12:27 PM
But it's not just a few of them, though, is it? It's pretty much all of them. The two left are worth 2000 and 4000 gold, which is way out of reach for most ppl. It's a sad thing that greed has completely taken over. S8 really loves to keep letting us know that they're really just here for the money and their devoted players mean nothing

[S8] Elsa
02-14-17, 12:45 PM
But it's not just a few of them, though, is it? It's pretty much all of them. The two left are worth 2000 and 4000 gold, which is way out of reach for most ppl. It's a sad thing that greed has completely taken over. S8 really loves to keep letting us know that they're really just here for the money and their devoted players mean nothing

There will be four still available: Treasure Dragon, White Gold Dragon, Gold Horizon Dragon, and Kintsugi Dragon. :)

savage_mel
02-14-17, 12:59 PM
Elsa;1396628']There will be four still available: Treasure Dragon, White Gold Dragon, Gold Horizon Dragon, and Kintsugi Dragon. :)
Ahh ok. I already have white gold and kintsugi so they say limit reached in my market. So, not much good to me. I've been saving to collect the others, the ones leaving the market

jbyn4e
02-14-17, 01:15 PM
Limited and not on sale? New very low of S8. We were expecting SALE (for 400 gold, of course), not them leaving! Not nice. We saved our gold, avoiding a lot gold traps with slowness of game - for nothing? Not nice at all.

marathon2615
02-14-17, 01:16 PM
Are you serious?? Just when I was beginning to save for my first one! Making it so no one can be self reliant on producing gold. Agree with above post. That is a new low. Now we're forced to pay for it. I don't even know what else to say right now.

jbyn4e
02-14-17, 01:28 PM
No, we are not forced - I will not pay for it. I'd rather stop playing this game and find another one, then to be forced to do something with such a lousy S8 move.

marathon2615
02-14-17, 01:30 PM
No, we are not forced - I win not pay for it. I'd rather stop playing this game and find another one, then to be forced to do something with such a lousy S8 move.
I couldn't agree more.

Jackiesq
02-14-17, 01:43 PM
Elsa;1396610']A few of treasure type Dragons are moving on to new adventures and will be available for a limited time until 2/21 10am PST. ^_^

And what about Goldwing? We need it for the Gold All Over quest...

Exeroth
02-14-17, 02:03 PM
I would have loved to buy the Northstar for 800 gold, but at full proce there's no point. Sorry S8, but if these were on sale you would have made ALLOT more money. Heck I would have bought two but I'm not spending over fifty dollars (Canadian) on ONE dragon. Sorry.

katali119
02-14-17, 02:47 PM
Why you all so surprised? This has storm 8 MO all over it. It's just like them and not a surprise to me

^^

bozotc19
02-14-17, 04:22 PM
At 1600 gold, it will take about 400 days just to recoup investment. Definitely not worth it. The way storm8 is changing gameplay, I doubt I will be be playing this game in a week!

DragonPhoenix6
02-14-17, 04:45 PM
Absolutely heartbreaking! I've been saving up for almost 1 year to buy some of these dragons on sale and now they are leaving!

glenngenius
02-14-17, 04:47 PM
This is sad news. I just hoped they put the dragons on sale if they are going to remove them from the game so everyone has a chance to complete their collection without spending too much gold :(

DR0G0N
02-14-17, 04:48 PM
Limited and not on sale? New very low of S8. We were expecting SALE (for 400 gold, of course), not them leaving! Not nice. We saved our gold, avoiding a lot gold traps with slowness of game - for nothing? Not nice at all.

Wow...I don't have any words for them. With the continuous disappointments of no GPD sale, this is their answer.

JustKay
02-14-17, 05:06 PM

What Gold All Over Quest? I've never seen this quest available in my outpost.

This is one of those moments when I not happy that I called it. Maybe even jinxed it.

I guess this makes the game more unbalanced. The new players will never have a chance against the older players in gold intensive events like Bingo and Leaderboard. Imagine seeing an opponent packing 13 gold producing dragons, when you can only ever buy 4. I'm a bit worried that this would be a turn-off for new players and if fewer new players join then DS might end up on that slow decline into obscurity. I do hope this game stays popular.

I think removing some of the older ones is fair, but removing so many in one go... that's a lot of money for people to spend in one go if they don't want to miss out. It's not even over two pay cycles >_<

PinkBubbles75
02-14-17, 06:42 PM
That sucks... I don't have money to spend on gold dragons let alone enough gold on hand to buy them. I would've liked to have one but getting enough gold in the game (w/o spending actual money) to get one would take ages for me. Perhaps we're getting new gold producers to replace the old ones..

Rfs04
02-14-17, 06:53 PM
some other thoughts about S8 and retiring these dragons... not only have they reached new lows, they are sneaky types. in this thread players have mentioned saving gold for a GPD sale. Perhaps S8 figures put this notice out, buy now or forget about it so we use saved gold, then in a bit they introduce new GPDs, of course at much higher regular prices than 1600 gold. But add a twist, these they do on sale as they have with new ones and lo and behold players who bought the old ones while they could don't have saved gold anymore. So now if they want to take advantage of sale prices, should they buy gold? a definite dilemma for me...buy or wait but I see those sneaky petes doing something like that.

luckyaa7
02-14-17, 07:15 PM
some other thoughts about S8 and retiring these dragons... not only have they reached new lows, they are sneaky types. in this thread players have mentioned saving gold for a GPD sale. Perhaps S8 figures put this notice out, buy now or forget about it so we use saved gold, then in a bit they introduce new GPDs, of course at much higher regular prices than 1600 gold. But add a twist, these they do on sale as they have with new ones and lo and behold players who bought the old ones while they could don't have saved gold anymore. So now if they want to take advantage of sale prices, should they buy gold? a definite dilemma for me...buy or wait but I see those sneaky petes doing something like that.

I was thinking the same thing!!!

starship412
02-14-17, 07:48 PM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed or deleted yet. With my luck lately I'll just say I feel for all of you. I'd love to have a GPD one day but it's too expensive and I'm really soured by bingo to even try for that one. I hope sometime this year we could have things both the fans of DS and S8 can agree on. I could suggest this, maybe have a GPD as the prize dragon in a special tournament a la like the Dark Prime Chrono 48 dragon tourney or a prize for Dragon Tales.

JustKay
02-14-17, 09:05 PM

Sneaky... I didn't even think of this possibility, but it would make a lot of business sense. I had enough gold to buy all these leaving dragons, I probably would have fallen for it already >_<

That said, things have changed across their entire suite of games though so I still think it's possible that they may not introduce any new gold giving dragons ever. They may rotate the existing ones in and out, but if they allow anyone to have more than 13 GPD then they would probably have to start introducing inflation to devalue the currency (ie. raise in game prices for speeding up things) just to stay in business. There's a lot of in game gold being generated that it must be eating into their revenue. I play a pretty mean game at Bingo and LB without having spent any real world money ever, and I'm only on 11 GPD. The alternative would be to introduce a new premium premium currency into the game, and relegate gold as a second tier currency, but that would be a major innovation to current gameplay.

Hawk1
02-14-17, 10:38 PM
If S8 devalues GPDs then I'll probably be finished with DS, I've been playing their games long enough that some of their games that I first played haven't been supported in over a year. It's disappointing although not surprising what they've taken away from DS already, no gold for tourneys or tales..no gold quest and zero gold from STW.

That newer players are at an extreme disadvantage in bingo/leaderboard because of their lack of GPDs may be the writing on the wall that they want us all to have to pay hundreds of dollars a month to continue to play DS. Not worth the money IMO.

ironasazi
02-14-17, 10:55 PM
Could these dragons come back for limited time in future? Would like to know from S8

TwiWoods
02-14-17, 11:14 PM
Very sad that these are leaving without a sale price - I would have bought a few if they were on sale.

Exeroth
02-14-17, 11:37 PM
I literally just wanted the Northstar because it's gorgeous, but for 1,600 gold it's just not worth it. Besides, I'm pretty positive they're going to bring these back (not a discount) at some point in the future. I understand that GPD's really eat into S8's profits, but this and all the other ways they have been going about making more money, at least as the general concensus is concerned, have been making people quit or stop playing the game religiously because they're getting fed up.
So I ask you S8, if people like me who regularly spend money on the game even with 6 GPD's aren't enough for you; what is? What is your end game here? To drive out literally everyone who doesn't have a boatload of free time whom also makes a decent living? Come on. Let your players have fun, would ya? I know this is my second post but I'm sorry- I really, really wanted that Northstar dragon. It was going to be my final GPD, but now I may never have it. Thanks, S8. This is in no way a threat; but I was already going to be slowing down after the Valentine's Day LB. But with this, I may just plain stop playing all together.

This is coming from someone who's been here from the beginning with Team Lava; you guys need to rethink your business strategy with these games.

Jackiesq
02-15-17, 01:00 AM
What Gold All Over Quest? I've never seen this quest available in my outpost.

This is one of those moments when I not happy that I called it. Maybe even jinxed it.

I guess this makes the game more unbalanced. The new players will never have a chance against the older players in gold intensive events like Bingo and Leaderboard. Imagine seeing an opponent packing 13 gold producing dragons, when you can only ever buy 4. I'm a bit worried that this would be a turn-off for new players and if fewer new players join then DS might end up on that slow decline into obscurity. I do hope this game stays popular.

I think removing some of the older ones is fair, but removing so many in one go... that's a lot of money for people to spend in one go if they don't want to miss out. It's not even over two pay cycles >_<

It's in the book...

zaaracake
02-15-17, 02:29 AM
They're kidding. I'm sure they'll definitely soon go on sale.

FireballFarm
02-15-17, 02:43 AM

Doubt it. :( They want players dumping tons of cash into weekly gold purchases, not collecting gold from GPDs.

zaaracake
02-15-17, 03:01 AM
Doubt it. :( They want players dumping tons of cash into weekly gold purchases, not collecting gold from GPDs.

It's a terrible strategy, Fireball. Truth is, I wish S8 well but have to say they're being somewhat shortsighted here. They're going to lose scores of players who have been saving up for ages and can't/don't want to spend that much. Reading the thread alone should tell them which way the wind is blowing.
Admittedly it'll work in the short term. S8 skims the cream, they'll keep the really heavy spenders who don't really care about dropping a few thousand gold bars.
Kitty's gonna be happy. For a while.
What's gonna happen when the game gets so boring cuz all the minnows are gone and there's nobody for the big ***s to battle? Sharks'll go too once the shoals are gone.
Poorly done, Emma. Poorly done, indeed.
I just don't see the wisdom in yanking them out of the mart. They're harming S8 in no way by being available.

themusicloverme
02-15-17, 03:23 AM
That sucks... I don't have money to spend on gold dragons let alone enough gold on hand to buy them. I would've liked to have one but getting enough gold in the game (w/o spending actual money) to get one would take ages for me. Perhaps we're getting new gold producers to replace the old ones..

Same! And now they're leaving . . . it's just so heartbreaking, especially that Rose Gold dragon I've been wanting ever since I started the game (and I was planning for it to be my first GPD) and now they're being removed! It would take me years to save up for the cheapest GPD without spending it and without using real money.

Wow 😳 s8. Just wow.

FireballFarm
02-15-17, 03:29 AM
It's a terrible strategy, Fireball. Truth is, I wish S8 well but have to say they're being somewhat shortsighted here. They're going to lose scores of players who have been saving up for ages and can't/don't want to spend that much. Reading the thread alone should tell them which way the wind is blowing.
Admittedly it'll work in the short term. S8 skims the cream, they'll keep the really heavy spenders who don't really care about dropping a few thousand gold bars.
Kitty's gonna be happy. For a while.
What's gonna happen when the game gets so boring cuz all the minnows are gone and there's nobody for the big ***s to battle? Sharks'll go too once the shoals are gone.
Poorly done, Emma. Poorly done, indeed.
I just don't see the wisdom in yanking them out of the mart. They're harming S8 in no way by being available.

I agree, 100%. It's a horrible business plan. Plus, disregarding the earnest feedback from customers is never a winning idea.

So many of my neighbors have quit recently, I'll be sad to watch even more of them go over the next couple weeks.

jbyn4e
02-15-17, 03:32 AM
Well let's see if S8 will hear it's players. I think we all show dissatisfaction, will that be enough for them to show some smart move, make them company that cares about its players?

Moderatos, please make this sticky for others to see, I think it's kind of good free poll for management of S8...

TwinkleTwiny
02-15-17, 04:01 AM
I have no word ... what decision is this ?
So now S8 want to replace GDB by new type that do not produce gold ... to push players to buy gold ... without GDP sales there is no way players will buy them even if they leave

Clark_Wayne
02-15-17, 04:56 AM
indeed sad news for new players.
they are ****ing the game :(

katali119
02-15-17, 07:24 AM
I woke up this morning and went on facebook first. First time I've done that since November. Haven't even been bothered to go check on my plantings every hour to get points for the world event. Not even sure I will be bothered with the next tournament. I have lost all eagerness to play. The saddest thing is I love bits of the game, but this will be the second time I've played about 3 months and then been unable to handle this side of the game. How the customers are treated.

savage_mel
02-15-17, 08:22 AM
I can't help but feel a pang of resentment and disappointment every time I log in to my game now. Over the years I have saved every ounce of gold and managed to get 4 gpds on sale. I was patient and sacrificed things I wanted. Recently I paid full price for North Star (still saved gold-no real world money spent here) I was half way to getting another one, probably rose gold. I was so excited that finally after almost 5 years my patience has paid off. But that dream is dead now. I also am losing my eagerness to play. New players don't stand a chance. It's such a sad direction the game has taken

runamuck1
02-15-17, 08:32 AM
First they reduced the gold from 30 to 14 for loading their pop up ad games. Then they took away gold rewards for getting past certain levels of tournaments and tales events. Now they are "retiring" most of the gpd. I can't wait to see what they do next. Probably take away the gpd that people already have to "balance the playing field". I'm not saying they would do that right away. But in a year or so, if cash revenue is down from gold and discontinued dragon sales. What's to stop them from "removing from play" a gpd here or there.

katali119
02-15-17, 08:57 AM

Now showing as 7 days left in my goalbook.

Limequat
02-15-17, 08:58 AM
If only a few were being taken out of the marketplace and there was a sale on them, I would have immediately purchased gold with real money to get them. But seven at the same time with all at full price? That's absolutely ridiculous. I know some people have no problem dropping a couple hundred dollars of gold all at once, but I'm sure most don't.

Ugh. This entire thing just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, and that's really saying something, as I regularly purchase gold and value packs. I've never felt resentment towards those who spend more money and time than I have on the game, but now I do. It won't matter how much real money you spend on gold or how many months or years you spend saving free gold, because in the end, the dragons aren't even there anymore.

venkura
02-15-17, 08:59 AM
..waited months for sale...then waited fo Valentines day..not sale. Bought White Gold yeasterday...if they are having a GPD sale now with only 80gold left..I will go just titally nuts!!!!!

Jackiesq
02-15-17, 09:03 AM
Now showing as 7 days left in my goalbook.
At least we don't have a goal that lasts forever...😉
But I hoped they let the dragon and the goal stay. 😦

Jackiesq
02-15-17, 09:05 AM
..waited months for sale...then waited fo Valentines day..not sale. Bought White Gold yeasterday...if they are having a GPD sale now with only 80gold left..I will go just titally nuts!!!!!

Oh noooooo Tell me you bought another dragon, not White Gold! That dragon stays.... 😢

marathon2615
02-15-17, 01:02 PM
Like other have said I'm suprised this thread hasn't been shut down due to all the negativity. But it is WELL PLACED and s8 would do well to listen. I'm not suprised at their motives, as the game of late has been about nothing but quick profit for them and losing loyal players. But taking away the majority of GPDs is a BS move.

Jackiesq
02-15-17, 01:32 PM
Like other have said I'm suprised this thread hasn't been shut down due to all the negativity. But it is WELL PLACED and s8 would do well to listen. I'm not suprised at their motives, as the game of late has been about nothing but quick profit for them and losing loyal players. But taking away the majority of GPDs is a BS move.

I think the loyal players don't want to tell here how happy they are! It's a very good thing in Leaderboards if you have all the GPD's and that not paying or newer players can't get them anymore...

Feenfunke
02-15-17, 01:41 PM
I'm very disappointed about the retirement of so many GPDs. I saved so much gold and gave real money to have 3 GPDs and some special habitats and spend gold in Leaderboards and battling in one year of playing. Now there are only two GPDs left. That makes me sad and I don't want to spend again real money for this game in the future and let me play with less enthusiasm. So much beautiful gold producing dragons that I will never get on my island - and lots of beautiful habitats that i will never will be able to purchase. 😖

marathon2615
02-15-17, 02:00 PM
I think the loyal players don't want to tell here how happy they are! It's a very good thing in Leaderboards if you have all the GPD's and that not paying or newer players can't get them anymore...
I'm sure it is a good thing for them. They're set and good to go and I don't begrudge them for that in the least. If I had been playing so long I would probably feel the same way. What does tick me off is getting to that point is no longer an option for the rest of us. The comment about losing loyal players was referring to s8's attitude in general over the past year.

cocauina
02-15-17, 04:06 PM
Well... I'm an old player and from 12 gold producing dragons, I have 10. Goldwing and Stainglass are the ones I still don't have, I must say, I have a pretty amount of gold, but I'm one of those old playes that don't want to waste their gold in stupid mini-games like Leaderboard, I refuse to do so. I just saw Goldwing with the limited tag on, and I'm kinda pissed of because he's not on sale.

For the ones who think that the old players are happy with the gold producing dragons leaving and that we are wasting gold like it never ends, just stop, not everybody is like you think. Me being an old player, these dragons leaving are ridiculous, newer players cannot buy them unless TL brings them back. And I'm sure many old players think like me.

Midas and Stainglass are the exclusive limited gold dragons, those only appear in the game whenever TL wants it. The rest of the gold dragons were always available in the market.

And this is for the curious ones, these are the levels of my gold dragons:
Midas - lvl 7
Treasure, Kintsugi, Sterling Silver, Rose Gold, Goldleaf, Northstar, White Gold, Forbidden and Gilded - lvl 10

Have a nice day/night.

I'm a old player but I used to be a newer player and I still player like a newer player, gathering everything I can and not wasting in useless things.

JustKay
02-15-17, 04:29 PM
I think S8 are dealing with a new economic situation where there is less easy money in the world. Take what's happening with oil prices and lots of rich people are no longer feeling rich, lots of people are losing jobs, maybe the big spenders in their game may not be as generous buying gold, if any at all anymore. However I think what they're doing is the wrong approach.

GPD are really a long term goals to keep people who spend smaller amounts of money still playing. They give people a valuable item to work towards in a Dragon world where new dragons come out so quickly people stopped caring about collecting them all (since it's impossible). The gold GPDs create is gold that frankly would not have been bought. Most of the people that rely on GPDs would never have spent that much real money on the game, while the big spenders who have GPDs will just spend more gold that they would normally (redesign their island, buy a whole bunch of premium habitats to replace normal ones). In some extreme cases, yes the extra gold may eat into possible income from some really big spenders, but not by that much since these people spend so much, 50 gold a day is a drop in the bucket (for a small group of people, that is getting even smaller). Especially with events like LeaderBoard and Bingo where you could spend an endless amount of gold, the GPD gold just gets burned up (people with 100,000 points!). In my own example, I would never buy premium habitats with real money, but with my GPD gold I do buy the on sale ones to improve the look of my island. Take my GPD gold away and that wouldn't result in me spending money, I would just stick to the coin habitats.

What I see happening is that they will see that the amount of gold bought after removing all these GPDs will not change much afterward, and then in future, they'll decide since it made no difference (beyond the rush to buy) they might return the GPDs. The people who can no longer spend big, will still not spend big. I mean the damage is done, people would have left after the decision or made a conscious decision to change their play style. Rather than introducing new interesting ways to play (new currency type useful for more new features), they chose to simply cut features from the current game. IMO, that's just gutting what is a really popular game.

marathon2615
02-15-17, 05:47 PM
I think S8 are dealing with a new economic situation where there is less easy money in the world. Take what's happening with oil prices and lots of rich people are no longer feeling rich, lots of people are losing jobs, maybe the big spenders in their game may not be as generous buying gold, if any at all anymore. However I think what they're doing is the wrong approach.

GPD are really a long term goals to keep people who spend smaller amounts of money still playing. They give people a valuable item to work towards in a Dragon world where new dragons come out so quickly people stopped caring about collecting them all (since it's impossible). The gold GPDs create is gold that frankly would not have been bought. Most of the people that rely on GPDs would never have spent that much real money on the game, while the big spenders who have GPDs will just spend more gold that they would normally (redesign their island, buy a whole bunch of premium habitats to replace normal ones). In some extreme cases, yes the extra gold may eat into possible income from some really big spenders, but not by that much since these people spend so much, 50 gold a day is a drop in the bucket (for a small group of people, that is getting even smaller). Especially with events like LeaderBoard and Bingo where you could spend an endless amount of gold, the GPD gold just gets burned up (people with 100,000 points!). In my own example, I would never buy premium habitats with real money, but with my GPD gold I do buy the on sale ones to improve the look of my island. Take my GPD gold away and that wouldn't result in me spending money, I would just stick to the coin habitats.

What I see happening is that they will see that the amount of gold bought after removing all these GPDs will not change much afterward, and then in future, they'll decide since it made no difference (beyond the rush to buy) they might return the GPDs. The people who can no longer spend big, will still not spend big. I mean the damage is done, people would have left after the decision or made a conscious decision to change their play style. Rather than introducing new interesting ways to play (new currency type useful for more new features), they chose to simply cut features from the current game. IMO, that's just gutting what is a really popular game.
Very well said.

defiantbaker
02-15-17, 06:09 PM
I use to save up for gold sales and buy the big 2900 gold pot. Ive recently settled into buying once a month the 520 gold pot for 13.99 instead of 19.99. Saved it all up except for an occasional spend just to buy a gold dragon when it would go on sale. You know what, they never have. I know they did once about 2 years ago shortly after I started playing, did not even know what they were at that point, but not since. Yes I'm very disappointed they are not on sale. Seriously S8?!! But I spent all my gold buying some and I have 37 gold left. And thank you S8 for letting me know I can save 13.99 a month now not having to buy any more gold!

zoomygirl29
02-15-17, 07:05 PM
If they really decide to take these gold producing dragons away then I done. I've been growing increasingly disappointed in all the things they are doing with this game. I use to love playing it but now it just isn't fun anymore.

okiwao
02-15-17, 08:33 PM
I've spent hundreds of dollars in gold a while ago to speed breed and save for GPD sales. I went through THREE gold traps for 1,000 each in less than a month (The first two times I was able to get the gold back. The last I didn't even bother contacting them because I was so upset it was still happening). I still saved my gold in hopes of finally getting to add new dragons and seeing this is so disheartening. I've decided I wouldn't spend money on this game because of the changes and the glitches that cause these gold traps never being corrected.

defiantbaker
02-15-17, 08:41 PM
They wanted everyone to jump at the chance to grab them before they are gone.

Right, well, then they should have had them on sale if that is what they really wanted. People willing to spend money at full price compared to if they could get 2 for the price of one, will be small compared to what they could have rake in from this.

And to add insult to injury. They had a gold sale just before without giving any heads up. Ill confess, I don't know if there was any overlap as I found out about these gold dragons going bye bye today.

marathon2615
02-15-17, 09:09 PM
Agreed! On sale I would have gone crazy! Been saving for a GPD! Nope no gold sale. I usualy have one every other day but nothing since they announced the GPD leaving. Just shows they wanted us to pay full price doesn't it.

Chrysara01
02-15-17, 10:29 PM
I have a bad feeling and this is only a hunch mind, that TL may introduce a new gold producing dragon like the Gold Unicorn in Fantasy Forest, where you buy it for real money (over $30 Australian) and it produces 27 gems per day but it only lasts for 31 days then it expires. I am not sure what happens after it expires, whether it reverts to a normal animal or you pay more money to re activate it. Either way I really don't like having to keep paying out more money to re activate things, I think it is a total rip off when it has cost you a lot of money in the first place. I sincerely hope that TL do not go down that path with Dragon Story, it's a bad idea in my opinion.

JustKay
02-16-17, 12:34 AM
I have a bad feeling and this is only a hunch mind, that TL may introduce a new gold producing dragon like the Gold Unicorn in Fantasy Forest, where you buy it for real money (over $30 Australian) and it produces 27 gems per day but it only lasts for 31 days then it expires. I am not sure what happens after it expires, whether it reverts to a normal animal or you pay more money to re activate it. Either way I really don't like having to keep paying out more money to re activate things, I think it is a total rip off when it has cost you a lot of money in the first place. I sincerely hope that TL do not go down that path with Dragon Story, it's a bad idea in my opinion.

Interesting observation! That seems very likely, what gets done in FFS usually gets implemented in DS (like the rebreed button). From what I've heard, the golden unicorn just disappears. You have to buy it again (and only when the offer is available & the price or time duration might vary). It's a move from a fixed price fixed reward ad infinitum, to one that is variable and can be tweaked behind the scenes later on if necessary. I observed the same type of shift going from Restaurant Story 1 to 2, instead of getting guaranteed gems for leveling up recipes, gems are now given from cooking special recipes that rely on specific special characters visiting and dropping special ingredients. The frequency of these visits can easily be changed later on without people noticing.

Back on topic, long long time ago, they trialed a similar idea. You buy a "gold mine" for 300 gold and then collect at interval to get your investment back with interest. They ran it once and then one more time again, but never again. Once exhausted the mine just turns into a decoration (which can't be stored). I still have "mine" from the second round, and every now and then I'll spot one and know that person's a long time player. The golden unicorn concept is a smart evolution of the idea. It forces you to "break the seal" and pay real money to get it first, unlike the GPDs which can be earned over a long period of dedicated play & gifting. What I don't like about the golden unicorn is that you get nothing as a souvenir. If they created a special habitat you get with this animal that sets you apart from those that never had it, then maybe that's a middle ground. You could proudly show it as proof you're supporting the game.

That said, I thought it was too soon. I've not been offered the option to buy the golden unicorn in FFS so I thought they were still trialing it and it was in "beta" with selected players. Maybe I have too many gem producing animals in my account. It didn't feel like it was around long enough that they could think about applying it to DS too.

I guess I should feel lucky I've been here long enough that I can remember the generous times; the era when anyone could amass over 10 GPD. Times are a changing.

Chrysara01
02-16-17, 01:25 AM
Interesting observation! That seems very likely, what gets done in FFS usually gets implemented in DS (like the rebreed button). From what I've heard, the golden unicorn just disappears. You have to buy it again (and only when the offer is available & the price or time duration might vary). It's a move from a fixed price fixed reward ad infinitum, to one that is variable and can be tweaked behind the scenes later on if necessary. I observed the same type of shift going from Restaurant Story 1 to 2, instead of getting guaranteed gems for leveling up recipes, gems are now given from cooking special recipes that rely on specific special characters visiting and dropping special ingredients. The frequency of these visits can easily be changed later on without people noticing.

Back on topic, long long time ago, they trialed a similar idea. You buy a "gold mine" for 300 gold and then collect at interval to get your investment back with interest. They ran it once and then one more time again, but never again. Once exhausted the mine just turns into a decoration (which can't be stored). I still have "mine" from the second round, and every now and then I'll spot one and know that person's a long time player. The golden unicorn concept is a smart evolution of the idea. It forces you to "break the seal" and pay real money to get it first, unlike the GPDs which can be earned over a long period of dedicated play & gifting. What I don't like about the golden unicorn is that you get nothing as a souvenir. If they created a special habitat you get with this animal that sets you apart from those that never had it, then maybe that's a middle ground. You could proudly show it as proof you're supporting the game.

That said, I thought it was too soon. I've not been offered the option to buy the golden unicorn in FFS so I thought they were still trialing it and it was in "beta" with selected players. Maybe I have too many gem producing animals in my account. It didn't feel like it was around long enough that they could think about applying it to DS too.

I guess I should feel lucky I've been here long enough that I can remember the generous times; the era when anyone could amass over 10 GPD. Times are a changing.

Thanks for all that info, I appreciate it. I too am a long time player though not as long as you by the sounds of it, though Like you I have also amassed 10 GPD's thankfully, but I feel so sorry for any up and coming new players who won't have the opportunities that we had with regard to the GPD's and other perks that are no longer available in the game. It is so sad that TL has taken away all those great incentives, I feel they are driving players away in droves by implementing all the new aspects of the game that focus solely on players spending more and more with the ultimate goal of "Win at all cost"

maryamhjm
02-16-17, 07:39 AM

I couldn't say it any better. I myself am a player almost from the beginning and never paid any real money and never will. I never did my best to save for GPD's as I thought it will only ever produce 1 gold a day. I even quit the game for a while and started playing again when I new the GPD's can gift up to 5 gold a day, so I thought I will save for them and it was something to look forward to suddenly, and I like the fact that I could save for aGPD through bingo which I now have, but today I saw that the GPD's are going and I am really devastated about it, maybe it is time to quite again it is just no fun like this. S8 should give all the players the same advantages as the old players like the treasure habitats holdind 10 gold a day and not 5 like now. And what do they mean by the GPD's are going on adventure? Does that mean they are going to use them in future games like bingo to play for them like the gold horizon. If so I would like to now before I lose all interest in game.

maryamhjm
02-16-17, 07:59 AM

I do not really think it is in their advantage as well, because they will in the end go against eachother( players with most or all of the GPD's) as the rest will not even bother playing leaderboard etc. or quite all together.

lenasdinner
02-16-17, 08:41 AM
every time when some dragon left the list in market,becoming a limited and gone thay went on sale,why not this GPD?????

are you people(S8) so despret about making money,because I belive that many people spend reall money here.

I will not spend more than I usualy spend gold,and that's it.you can take them all away ,and I still wount buy them in full prize.
do the sale and you will se how much ton of money you will make.......

jbyn4e
02-16-17, 10:52 AM
They still don't listening.. maybe tomorrow with game update and tourney we get GPD sale. We'll see are they smart enough. I already started to look on alternatives - but I hope I will not need them.

Limequat
02-16-17, 11:37 AM
They still don't listening.. maybe tomorrow with game update and tourney we get GPD sale. We'll see are they smart enough. I already started to look on alternatives - but I hope I will not need them.

Unfortunately, I suspect they won't. :( Some people have already bought them at full price and will be really angry if they were put on sale tomorrow. They wouldn't want to risk offending the big spenders and have them quit the game.

It would be really nice if they could have a sale tomorrow and refund the people who have been buying them the past few days. But that's just wishful thinking.

KevinW07
02-16-17, 11:55 AM

I echo the sentiments of TL's customers on this thread. There has not been one positive comment and many will now probably leave the game. Please clarify what you mean by "moving on o new adventures"? Will they be made available in events or in Adventure Leagues? I too have been looking forward to completing my collection of the GPDs. I hope the management are listening to your customers in this forum. What a major disappointment!

missourijan
02-16-17, 12:28 PM
I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree more either and I am a long time player and I also spend money regularly on this game. This is an absolute new low. Nothing but GREED.

missourijan
02-16-17, 12:34 PM
And the worst part is experience has taught me that S8 could care less what we think. But that being said we need to speak with our pocketbooks.

marathon2615
02-16-17, 01:12 PM
S8 will you please give us some indication that you are at least seeing all this feedback? Should a business not listen to its customer base? I'm at the end of my rope.

missourijan
02-16-17, 01:17 PM

Kinda like the jokes on you. (As in their faithful players)
Like the GPD sales that never happened for Black Friday and then cyber Monday. And so on and now you know why.

jaymieb2
02-16-17, 01:57 PM
I think this is going to be like the Treasure / Gold habitats. They held 10, we're pulled, and now only hold 5... they GPD are going to be pulled, and then reintroduced - and you will have to raise them to level 15 to receive 5 gold per day.

:-(

JustKay
02-16-17, 05:23 PM
I think this is going to be like the Treasure / Gold habitats. They held 10, we're pulled, and now only hold 5... they GPD are going to be pulled, and then reintroduced - and you will have to raise them to level 15 to receive 5 gold per day.

Very interesting theory! I always regretted that I never bought an unlimited number of 10 gold capacity habitats when they were available. I definitely had the coins for it even back then.

Here's another theory based on your suggestions, maybe these gold dragons will disappear, but then will reappear as Bingo ticket prizes alongside Gold Horizon (with the same gold to level criteria)! I think that potentially solves many current problems that I see:
- It explains the "going on an adventure" comment on the notification. They're going to be part of Adventure bingo.
- A lack of interesting Bingo prizes besides Gold Horizon. The other dragons aren't really useful for battle, breeding or even bingo goals.
- A sudden observable disinterest in Bingo. With most gold dragons only being earnable via Bingo, then people would be interested in Bingo for much longer, which means more competition which means more gold being spent. I'm sure many people played Bingo and spent gold to get higher only to realize they need to spend more gold to keep their position or risk having their earlier spend go to waste.
- It discounts the possibility of doing future discounts on many GPDs, as so far there is no precedent for discounts on Bingo tickets prizes. If they do a GPD discount in future it will be on a much smaller pool of GPDs. You could argue that Bingo tickets earned are a form of discounting.
- It allows them to reset many GPD dragons to fit the level 15 limit, and standardizes that across a large number of GPDs. Much higher feeding requirements may result in more gold spend even if the dragons were earned just through Bingo. Feeding requirements above level 10 can also be tweaked for these dragons. I do wonder if that means already bought dragons will be affected... although probably not. They'd be grandfathered as they are to be fair.
- It sets a precedent that all future GPD dragons will be Bingo prizes, and therefore even if you have all GPDs, players may still play Bingo actively to stock up on tickets for future releases.
- It justifies a new price point for most GPD dragons at 4000 gold (ie. 200 bingo tickets), or potentially higher for more bingo tickets. Using bingo tickets to price dragons is a smoke and mirrors way to increase the price without actually changing the price.
- If the move proves successful in the above goals, they may move the GPD dragons they left behind into the ticket temple too.

The only thing against this theory is that the Gold Horizon dragon is still available in the market for 4000 gold, which even if the theory is wrong doesn't really make much sense. Why not force people to buy the dragon via the Ticket temple?

There is a drawback for this idea though, it does make GPDs much more easily earnable early on in the game. Low level baby accounts fighting baby accounts in their pool, I'm sure someone has to win the 50 tickets even if they aren't trying that hard. They could actually be giving away GPDs well below market price. I did get Gold Horizon only spending about 800 gold towards Bingo (even including gold spent on extra breeding roosts). This problem actually gets worse as time progresses and competition diminishes for tickets.

Clark_Wayne
02-16-17, 05:31 PM

i don't believe this. i rather think that IF there might be new treasure dragons, they will give only 1 gold per day. that's what they did in FFS
or the new ones will only be won in bingo. see how many and how often bingo dragons are released !
new treasure dragons will be released as bingo trade , so people will play like crazy bingos and they make lot of money !

Clark_Wayne
02-16-17, 05:35 PM
@justkay : we post almost at the same time LOL but you explain it with more details (i'm not as fluent as you in english ;))

missourijan
02-16-17, 05:49 PM
And I hate Bingo. I didn't start this game to
Play bingo. I haven't stayed this long to play bingo. They don't respect the time and money people put into building these games up when they make bone headed decisions like this.

Chrysara01
02-16-17, 08:08 PM
And I hate Bingo. I didn't start this game to
Play bingo. I haven't stayed this long to play bingo. They don't respect the time and money people put into building these games up when they make bone headed decisions like this.

I couldn't agree more, I loath Bingo. They have done this because they realised that a lot of the older players who managed to get all or most of the DPG's on sale, have amassed large quantities of gold from them and thus do not need to buy gold, so it has eaten into their profits. It is also why they keep bringing out these events and several at the same time, that encourage players to spend up on boosts and speeding up in the vain hope they might win. It's all about making as much money as they can, they really don't care that the players are unhappy, they only care about their profits.

maryamhjm
02-17-17, 02:56 AM
i don't believe this. i rather think that IF there might be new treasure dragons, they will give only 1 gold per day. that's what they did in FFS
or the new ones will only be won in bingo. see how many and how often bingo dragons are released !
new treasure dragons will be released as bingo trade , so people will play like crazy bingos and they make lot of money !

Well acually I would love to be able to win the GPD's through bingo but I am afraid that is not going to happen, but it would make bingo much more interesting as I wouldn't play bingo that seriously for any of the other dragons.

katali119
02-17-17, 04:45 AM
Could be worse folks, we still have our jobs. Unlike a large number of s8 employees this week. Hope Flatfoot kept their job, the dragon designs are lovely :)

LocalNews
02-17-17, 06:53 AM
I am happy new space was added via mining as I used up all available space but I still have very limited space to add many dragons in the future. Thus I was thinking about saving gold for these GPD that they have just taken away my opportunity to get. I was hoping to use the gold from my GPD to buy bigger habitats that hold more dragons that I would now be able to acquire. Now that strategy is gone for me.

I agree with the poster that bingo is boring and I may add too time consuming. I have a life to live and won't be on my iPad every hour.

I think is was a very poor business decision.

LocalNews
02-17-17, 09:22 AM
I also wanted to mention that I was actually thinking around last Black Friday that there might be a sale on the GPD like before. I was actually going to buy a couple but I figured something was up when nothing happened. ONe thing that bothers me is that all the games I currently play like Fantasy Forst, Castle Story, and Dragon Story have all taken the same elements into the games making them too similar to each other. WHy play three games then instead of choosing just one and going with it? I certainly have asked myself that question recently.m I still like Dragon Story the most and having the GPD was a part of the reason.

Hawk1
02-17-17, 12:31 PM
Could be worse folks, we still have our jobs. Unlike a large number of s8 employees this week. Hope Flatfoot kept their job, the dragon designs are lovely :)

Hopefully Flatfoot is ok, a whole lot of others @ S8 aren't.... I've been playing S8 games since 2009 and I dislike the idea that this may be my last.

random59
02-17-17, 02:04 PM
Hopefully Flatfoot is ok, a whole lot of others @ S8 aren't.... I've been playing S8 games since 2009 and I dislike the idea that this may be my last.

Likewise, on the flip side of things maybe this game will grow the way the players want and love and not the cash cow it has become along with turning a lot of our wonderful neighbours away from playing.

missourijan
02-17-17, 04:09 PM
I am truly sorry to hear that they are in trouble. I think if they listened to their customers more and were more dedicated to hearing and responding as if they cared they may make a lot more money. I can only speak for myself but there have been numerous times I have closed my pocketbook because of their response or lack thereof to their customers.

kooky panda
02-17-17, 06:29 PM
Hey guys, the thread is getting off topic. Please keep your comments on the Limited Time Gold Dragons.

Thanks!

KevinW07
02-17-17, 07:55 PM
I echo the sentiments of TL's customers on this thread. There has not been one positive comment and many will now probably leave the game. Please clarify what you mean by "moving on o new adventures"? Will they be made available in events or in Adventure Leagues? I too have been looking forward to completing my collection of the GPDs. I hope the management are listening to your customers in this forum. What a major disappointment!

Still waiting for Elsa to respond to my query. Maybe Kooky Panda can answer my query please?

kooky panda
02-18-17, 02:36 PM
Still waiting for Elsa to respond to my query. Maybe Kooky Panda can answer my query please?
Sorry guys, but I do not get advance information on upcoming updates.

runamuck1
02-21-17, 12:17 AM
I finally broke down and did the one thing I said I'd never do. I bought my first and last "large" gold purchase. I didn't mind spending $5 here or $10 there to get a special sale dragon (rainbow sentinel) or on gold to get enough for a couple 1/2 off specials. But I cracked at missing out on possibly my last chance to get some gpd so I bought the $69.99 gold sale so I could buy 3 for 1600 gold (with what I had saved). I feel so used.

JustKay
02-21-17, 03:11 PM
I finally broke down and did the one thing I said I'd never do. I bought my first and last "large" gold purchase. I didn't mind spending $5 here or $10 there to get a special sale dragon (rainbow sentinel) or on gold to get enough for a couple 1/2 off specials. But I cracked at missing out on possibly my last chance to get some gpd so I bought the $69.99 gold sale so I could buy 3 for 1600 gold (with what I had saved). I feel so used.

Don't feel so bad. You'll feel much better when you've raised them to 10 and start regularly collecting and extra 15 gold every day. Having a gold stipend in this game has totally changed it for me. I can do so much more with my GPDs, than before I had them. So many new strategies I can use even with just a little gold spend. It's definitely a more fun game with gold. Given you have these GPDs forever now, what little pang you feel now will be outweighed by a lifetime of more convenience with free gold :)

amerirish
02-22-17, 07:34 AM

I know exactly how you're feeling. A few years ago I wanted to take advantage of a holiday sale so I spent $99 on gold and got all the GPDs. At the time I had to keep telling myself that it was a present to myself but still felt guilty. That feeling did go away quickly as I watched my gold count keep increasing. Believe me, whatever discomfort you may have right now would not compare to the stabbing regret if you let these pass by (maybe forever). :)

One more piece of unsolicited advice to all the new GPD parents: It's truly not worth leveling them up beyond 10 IMHO. The max amount of gold they give is at 10 so unless you plan to use them in battle (I would never!) then save your apples and leave them at level 10 :)

KevinW07
03-08-17, 08:20 AM
I can't help but feel a pang of resentment and disappointment every time I log in to my game now. Over the years I have saved every ounce of gold and managed to get 4 gpds on sale. I was patient and sacrificed things I wanted. Recently I paid full price for North Star (still saved gold-no real world money spent here) I was half way to getting another one, probably rose gold. I was so excited that finally after almost 5 years my patience has paid off. But that dream is dead now. I also am losing my eagerness to play. New players don't stand a chance. It's such a sad direction the game has taken

I feel exactly the same. Having the GPDs was a strong motivation for me to play the game and like you, I had been saving up most of my gold to buy the GPDs to get a complete collection, and only spending some when there were particular ultra rare Diamond hybrids went they went on sale. Sadly, due to the many craftily designed gold traps in the game, I have also lost thousands of gold to the (i.e. accidentally buying food, speeding up farming as the button for them is in the same place as the "Plant" button, etc.). Without these traps, I would have been able to complete the current collection before S8 yanked them off the market! I had actually loosened up just prior to this happening as I was collecting more than 50 gold a day, so had been spending some on the occasional Leaderboard event and once on a World event for a dragon that I really wanted. This week, I've managed to collect enough tickets to get the Gold Horizon dragon. So, now as there are no more GPDs to aim for, I have lost a lot of motivation to play on. I will be ramping down on playing this game now and certainly won't be spending gold as freely and regularly (which is probably the opposite of what S8 is hoping for in removing these dragons). We can only hope that S8 will listen to their customers on this forum and eventually address the many concerns us regular long time players have. I hope S8 will eventually bring the removed GPDs back.

jbyn4e
03-11-17, 05:50 AM
Still NO GPD sale...I think last was may/june last year... c'mon S8...

JustKay
03-31-17, 08:46 AM
Something's up... I just realised you can now buy 8 gold dragon habitats! Used to be 7, which would have been enough for all known GPDs with one spare slot. If we're allowed 8 habitats now... then that means at least 2 new GPDs if not 3!

My money's on new Bingo prizes.... but they will be a lot more expensive tickets wise I think...

katali119
03-31-17, 09:06 AM
No, the limit was increased a while ago I think, don't get your hopes up.

JustKay
03-31-17, 09:16 AM
No, the limit was increased a while ago I think, don't get your hopes up.

Aw, disappointed. Well at least one extra habitat will make collecting gold a bit easier.

savage_mel
04-01-17, 08:57 AM
I'm particularly feeling the sting of this now as I've recently reached the 1600 gold mark which is what it would have cost to get a new gold dragon! but, alas, i will just keep on saving until i get 2000 for the Treasure

Clark_Wayne
04-01-17, 01:47 PM
i just saw a player with 2 gold horizon :eek:
i thought we are limited to only one !

random59
04-01-17, 03:30 PM
i just saw a player with 2 gold horizon :eek:
i thought we are limited to only one !

Just goes to show that there was a glitch, I have a neighbour who was able to purchase an 8th Treasure Terrace, I can only have 7 and now someone has 2 Gold Horizon Dragons! Somewhat unfair!

katali119
04-02-17, 03:37 AM
No more unfair than people who were able to get 13 gpd's, while those of us who started playing later can now only have about 5. Or for those who were playing at the right time to have treasure terraces which hold 10 gold instead of the ones which hold 5. Sure the Gold Horizon thing may be a glitch instead of a rule change, but the result is no more unfair.

cazile81
04-02-17, 06:25 AM
Just goes to show that there was a glitch, I have a neighbour who was able to purchase an 8th Treasure Terrace, I can only have 7 and now someone has 2 Gold Horizon Dragons! Somewhat unfair!
I visited someone with 2 Goldwing dragons on their island and took a pic of it.

JustKay
04-02-17, 08:51 PM
To be honest, I don't see how big a difference 5 gold a day makes when you look at the scale of Leaderboard or Bingo. I mean previously yes, a bit of extra gold meant you could save faster and afford to buy more gold dragons faster, however now that they've cut the number of attainable gold dragons down to 4, there's almost no point to saving large amounts of gold. If you were to save your 5 gold extra a day for a whole month for the next LB/Bingo, 150 gold is not the difference between 1st place and 2nd place. It costs a whole hella more than that to win an LB.

DS has always been a game of luck. Even with some smarts, getting Ultra and Super Rares is still a dice throw. Everyone's island is different, everyone's battle roster is different, everyone's coin/gold cashflow is different. Fairness is sort of hard to define at a "casino".

I don't have any of these glitches, but I do have a bit of respect for these people who figured out how to glitch the game into giving them more. Wouldn't want to face off against them in an LB match tho ... since they might have other secret weapons... :rolleyes:

JustKay
04-04-17, 10:12 PM
I'm starting to see a different perspective why S8 cut down the number of GPDs. I recently bought my last accessible GPD, White Gold... and now suddently I don't feel so attached to stockpiling gold. Did a few boosts on the Leaderboard, threw some gold into the last Bingo round, and sped up a few rounds on the Limerick dragon tourney. I still don't have a Northstar dragon, but without knowing if it will ever be available, I don't have much reason to save gold. I'll keep a safe buffer emergency supply of gold, but anything over that can be spent on convenience.

I guess the psychology of it is that if there's a saving goal, people will scrimp more on spending. If you don't have a saving goal, well I won't feel so attached to gold beyond a bit of a rainy day stash.

amalsaba
04-05-17, 06:02 AM
I'm starting to see a different perspective why S8 cut down the number of GPDs. I recently bought my last accessible GPD, White Gold... and now suddently I don't feel so attached to stockpiling gold. Did a few boosts on the Leaderboard, threw some gold into the last Bingo round, and sped up a few rounds on the Limerick dragon tourney. I still don't have a Northstar dragon, but without knowing if it will ever be available, I don't have much reason to save gold. I'll keep a safe buffer emergency supply of gold, but anything over that can be spent on convenience.

I guess the psychology of it is that if there's a saving goal, people will scrimp more on spending. If you don't have a saving goal, well I won't feel so attached to gold beyond a bit of a rainy day stash.

Good point! But old habits. ... I've saved 2400. I've never had this much before. I wish they'd bring some back

maryamhjm
04-23-17, 04:21 PM
Something's up... I just realised you can now buy 8 gold dragon habitats! Used to be 7, which would have been enough for all known GPDs with one spare slot. If we're allowed 8 habitats now... then that means at least 2 new GPDs if not 3!

My money's on new Bingo prizes.... but they will be a lot more expensive tickets wise I think...

I can only have 7' not sure why

kooky panda
04-23-17, 06:22 PM

You should only be able to have 7. Are you sure you can have 8?
If so, what game version are you playing on?

JustKay
04-23-17, 11:10 PM
You should only be able to have 7. Are you sure you can have 8?
If so, what game version are you playing on?

Latest version, but have been playing a long time so I have one of those special 10 gold capacity habitats. Maybe the game is treating it as a different type of habitat altogether, and thus allowing me to have 7 of the normal 5 gold capacity habitats.