PDA

View Full Version : New update in the App Store

deeslatrommi
03-13-11, 01:55 AM
Just started playing around with it
UI is refreshed, news items popup when you first open.
Gem traps are still there, yes I tested the dreaded magic box and won flowers :(
Visiting neighbors gives you rewards, some XP or coinage.
The valentines game now part of the main app.
No new foods or items that I could see.
Sure there is more :)

How about those weekly updates? Is this a sign of things to come?

deeslatrommi
03-13-11, 02:26 AM
Tipping and collecting tips now involves extra steps, hmm, not too sure what to think of this.
Still can't delete weeks old pending neighbor invites.

Post what you find. TL didn't list the change log for this version.

Donnahh
03-13-11, 02:34 AM
I don't like it :/

Unregistered
03-13-11, 03:40 AM
I don't like it too... when you cook a dish now does it mean that if you don't pick up the stars you will lose them? So it's something to make levelling more difficult? Those extra steps make the game even more tedious, it makes the game frustrating. Maybe it's really time to quit...

Unregistered
03-13-11, 04:19 AM
I don't like it too... when you cook a dish now does it mean that if you don't pick up the stars you will lose them? So it's something to make levelling more difficult? Those extra steps make the game even more tedious, it makes the game frustrating. Maybe it's really time to quit...
Yep, just the impetus I needed!

They just made it even worse. Why the hell am I being hassled to cook foods that I have already completed? Why am I being hassled to buy mahogany chairs when I have over 100 in storage? Why am I being hassled to visit people when I have hundreds of neighbours?

Cleary these cretins have either put out an update the haven't even bothered testing, or they are deliberately trying to drive away the long-term players. Either way they hace succeeded.

No new foods, no more cooking appliances past L73, no nothing.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 04:32 AM
Collecting tips when you have a lot of tables was always slow. Now it is completely retarded. Hit three times per table to collect, you have got to be having a laugh. You just lost me too, morons.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 05:16 AM
And again the water from the ricefields is gone:(

lesleypsg1
03-13-11, 06:16 AM
I didn't play valentine version because of the quests feature. If that's the major upgrade, i will delay updating as long as possible. What's this about having to collect tips or losing them? Or hitting table 3 times?

Unregistered
03-13-11, 06:44 AM
Every single time you tap to cook, a star or two will drop from the stove (sometimes I have 1 sometimes 2, even for the same dish) and you will have to collect them 1 by 1, so cooking 1 dish means you'll now have to tap around 4 more times. Same when the dish is finished.

When you collect tips, money icons will drop and then you will have to tap on them again; so if you have 30 tables you will now have to tap 60 times.

When you tip others, a star will drop and you will have to tap to collect it. So leaving 6 tips mean you will to tap 12 times.

As the others said, it's totally retarded.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 07:21 AM
correction: just tried again - when you collect 3 tips, 1 money icon and 1 star icon will appear for each tip, so collecting 3 tips now means tapping 10 times (double tap + 3 tips + 3 stars + 3 money)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! And this only applies if you tap accurately =(

Unregistered
03-13-11, 09:04 AM
From what I've seen, you don't actually have to tap all the extra times. Just tap the tables, and wait. They coins and xp just go up to the top bar and are registered. Same with tipping neighbors, just wait a few seconds and the little red/orange stars go to the star. No clue why this is, maybe to make sure you stay at the persons restaurant long enough for the tips to register to the server. And here I was all excited for an update!

Unregistered
03-13-11, 12:12 PM
I wonder if the tipping/collecting 3 times/food serving problems are device related? I'm playing on an iPad & have not noticed any issue or difference with tip collection, leaving tips, serving food, etc. I noticed that you get XPs & coins for visiting nbrs, the quests are back, there are annoying little expansion arrows now, and that's about it. City has a few new buildings for cash, but nothing new here.
Just an observation 

Unregistered
03-13-11, 12:30 PM
TeamLava developers seem to be on a different planet from their customers. The processes of visiting others, tipping, cooking, collecting tips etc all require far too much screen tapping, so what do they do? Yes, they add more screen tapping! Why? What on earth did they have in their heads when they came up with that? Try to picture the meeting where they sit around discussing it...

Fred: I think longer term players are losing interest, we should introduce new foods, greater expansion options, more cooking appliances, greater rewards, increased gifting limits and such. In short, I think we should try to keep them interested once they get up into the higher levels.

Bill: Sounds good, Fred. But all that development would take some effort and would cost us a lot.

Fred: Yes, I know that Bill, but if we don't, they'll lose interest and go play somebody else's games.

Jack: I hear you Fred, but as Bill says, quite a cost to do that.

Bill: As it happens, I've got a much better idea. How about we increase the effort for people tipping their neighbours and collecting their tips? I'm sure we could make cooking more difficult too.

Fred: But Bill, I read in the forums that people already think that's a frustrating and slow process, why would we make it worse?

Jack: Come on now Fred, stop being a Negative Nancy, I think Bill is onto something there!

Bill: Yeah, thanks Jack. Let's do it!

Fred: (sarcastically) well why not push those stupid quest things onto them as well? Force the experienced players to go back and do things they did months ago?

Jack and Bill: Now you're thinking, Fred, let's do it!

Fred: But, but, but... I was kidding fellas...

Unregistered
03-13-11, 01:51 PM
I wonder if the tipping/collecting 3 times/food serving problems are device related? I'm playing on an iPad & have not noticed any issue or difference with tip collection, leaving tips, serving food, etc. I noticed that you get XPs & coins for visiting nbrs, the quests are back, there are annoying little expansion arrows now, and that's about it. City has a few new buildings for cash, but nothing new here.
Just an observation 

i'm on my iPad and have found no difference on leaving tips and tip collection either. serving food i don't know cause since the update none of my cookings are done.
and yeah the expansion arrow is quite annoying

i was hoping for more foods or at least a better system to tip my neighbours easily or something technical we most users have been crying for, but found no "useful" update yet.

and i was also hoping for some new cooking for st patrick's day

since the update on the RS ORIGINAL version, so is it clear that the valentine version is useless and can we finally know if we should delete it or not? i don't see any difference than a flowery lawn really.

deeslatrommi
03-13-11, 04:32 PM
I did some more experimenting. If I leave the shooting stars and coins they still get added to the total even if I visit another restaurant before collecting them. So it appears that collection is optional, albeit annoying.
I looks like this update is geared toward newcomers. Wish there was a setting to turn it off. I have no plans to expand my restaurant as it is intended to be small. Would love to see the arrows go.

Donnahh
03-13-11, 04:49 PM
If you leave the game idle for a minute or so, you don't have to keep tapping.
Increases your time spent tipping ... sigh.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 04:50 PM
I looks like this update is geared toward newcomers. Wish there was a setting to turn it off.
I think that is exactly what they've done, but the buffoons forgot to do some basic checking.

Why would I undertake a "quest" for cooking fruit salad when I'm already at Executive Chef level? Why would I go buy tables when I have heaps in storage? Could I do so even if I wanted to?

All these cretins had to do was check your level and if you're above about 20, turn all that s**t off! It's programming 101!

Donnahh
03-13-11, 05:12 PM

They just made it even worse. Why the hell am I being hassled to cook foods that I have already completed? Why am I being hassled to buy mahogany chairs when I have over 100 in storage? Why am I being hassled to visit people when I have hundreds of neighbours?

Cleary these cretins have either put out an update the haven't even bothered testing, or they are deliberately trying to drive away the long-term players. Either way they hace succeeded.

it seems to have made everything harder and less fun :/

Donnahh
03-13-11, 05:22 PM
Fred: I think longer term players are losing interest, we should introduce new foods, greater expansion options, more cooking appliances, greater rewards, increased gifting limits and such. In short, I think we should try to keep them interested once they get up into the higher levels.

I like Fred quite a lot.

Mel19
03-13-11, 05:32 PM
Hey, I think "Fred" might really be onto something... listening to the community... that might actually work. I haven't done the update yet, I have been putting it off, waiting to see everyones reaction to it. I think I might put it off for as long as possible, judging by the negative comments.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 06:04 PM
Hey, I think "Fred" might really be onto something... listening to the community... that might actually work. I haven't done the update yet, I have been putting it off, waiting to see everyones reaction to it. I think I might put it off for as long as possible, judging by the negative comments.
Meh, I updated but I figured I can always use the valentines day edition if it really sucks that much. For now it seems like only annoyances have been added though. What's the point of dropping stars and coins through the restaurant when collecting tips or finishing meals, if they automatically get added when you leave them there/leave the restaurant anyways? Its huge clutter, it blocks other objects through the restaurant and makes u have to tap even more. For Christ sake, just give us more content instead of these "features".

I wonder who does user experience at teamlava. This chap has a lot to learn. More animations and things popping out of objects don't make the experience better at all.

I do have a feeling the customers walk faster now though, which could mean a higher customer per hour rate. Could just be me though.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 06:07 PM
Well the game was fun while it lasted, but this is it for me. All the gem traps, the 'server' bugs... not even close in comparison.

Hey Norm you want to know what your team did wrong?

A. You took the Valentine version, you know the one that people on this forum openly stated they were deleting because of the annoyances in it? And you made this widely deleted game the 'improvement' on a game that people like.

B. The quests are ridiculous. I am level 63 and you want me to do things that I haven't done since week 1? For example: "Buy 2 white tables" and no, the ones I have in storage aren't good enough, I need to actually take all those out, 20 of them and buy 2 more. Example: "Speed up the cooking of X dish" which costs gems, or I can spend 1 gem to ignore it. I know TL wants more money but try listening to people when they tell you what would -actually- make them want to buy gems.

C. Its buggy as all hell, I can't even get people in my restaurant now thanks to a bug. No, don't bother fixing it, the rest already turned me off the game.

There are 3 very good reasons to trash this new version. Want another? Read every post in this thread, multiply those of us quitting by 10 (a low ball number), so you can include all those who never bother letting you know why they are deleting an app, and then add up your lost revenue. Congratulations on showing every other game how NOT to do business.

kooky panda
03-13-11, 06:25 PM
Just an observation 

My husband and I both play on Iphone 4 We have had no problems droppings star. watering, tipping, ect is the same, except we do get random coins and xps when we visit our nbrs.
We both normally play on the 3G not wifi.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 06:38 PM
I got the update but nothing changed not even the quests? what do i do?

Unregistered
03-13-11, 07:04 PM
I got the update but nothing changed not even the quests? what do i do?

Be thankful?

Or you could try restarting your device. Or uninstall/reinstall. All else fails write TL and see what else they suggest.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 08:38 PM
Any new food to cook with the update?

Donnahh
03-13-11, 10:21 PM

Negative :(

Unregistered
03-13-11, 11:34 PM
You're joshing, right? All they've done is add annoyances which actually detract further from the game. Heaven forbid they improve it for their loyal customers by actually adding something useful!

Unregistered
03-14-11, 12:04 AM
Is it possible for you guys to add a "collect all" button when it comes to collecting tips/gifts?????

Unregistered
03-14-11, 12:52 AM
Is it possible for you guys to add a "collect all" button when it comes to collecting tips/gifts?????
Again with the jokes! Did you bother to read this thread before posting? TeamLava is trying to make it HARDER for players, not easier!

dotless
03-14-11, 01:21 AM
i have no idea why the fck u guys are whining about the tipping. just tip the fellow and leave. it gets registered even if u don't tap the dropped coins. dumb mofos.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 01:28 AM
I'm going to try to let everyone know not to update with this garbage. This game just got ridiculous.
-shenanagins

Unregistered
03-14-11, 01:46 AM
i have no idea why the fck u guys are whining about the tipping. just tip the fellow and leave. it gets registered even if u don't tap the dropped coins. dumb mofos.

Well, they must have just changed it. Because, you physically had to collect the tips and exp twice before. I tried several times and it never gave me the money. Now, all of a sudden it worked. Our complaints may have worked:)
-shenanagins

Unregistered
03-14-11, 02:24 AM
I would like to add that I too have deleted this game

After reading all the complaints and experiencing all the problems with the valentines edition of restaurant story I deleted the game

I went back to upload the original restaurant story and now I get all the same problems that the valentines day edition had

their stupid quests only exists to steal our gems

I also wrote this letter to the support team so I'll see what stupid excuse they give me for all their problems

Unregistered
03-14-11, 02:30 AM
If you have a table full of tips, the stupid stars and coin stacks get in the way of retrieval. They serve no purpose but to annoy players. Are you able to understand that concept? And you insult us!

Unregistered
03-14-11, 06:10 AM
A suggestion to Teamlava:

(1) Download the game,
(2) Play the game yourself as an active "regular" (no *****ing on gems!) daily player, of course you have to add neighbours, at least 30 of them in order to expand to max, decorate your restuarant, tip and gift your neighbours everyday to maintain a "4" rating,
(3) Make sure that you complete the quests,
(4) Come back and tell us what you think after 2-3 weeks.

Maybe the Teamlava people haven't played the game themselves... for a long time?

I hope things will improve in the near future... anyway thanks for the extra money and star for visiting neighbours, but it seems to me that there is a sudden drop of visitors today.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 07:07 AM
I saw in the app store an update was available, but before downloading it, I wanted to check your reactions first. TL has a ... History for bad updates, so I thougt better safe than sorry. And it seems like from all your complaints that the update sucks. However, the part where you earn xp and coins from visiting neighbors interests me. Just how much is added? Is it worth all the additional work in collecting coins? Or just it just plain sucks? And whats the deal with the stars I keeP reading about?

Unregistered
03-14-11, 07:11 AM
Hey Team Lava I gotta suggestion! Make another update. This time, take out all thr annoying stars. And all the other stupid stuff. Just keep the plus xps and money earned from visiting neighbors. Thats the only good thing about this "update" of yours

Unregistered
03-14-11, 09:58 AM
Hey TL...With all the money you have made off gems, take the entire staff to Japan to do on-site research for a new game called, "Core Meltdown Story."

Another RS deserter
03-14-11, 11:48 AM
Why oh why did I install that update?! What stopped me from coming here first and discovering what the problems were?

Why did Jack and Bill prevail while Fred was ignored? What kind of plonkers run the company?

Like many, I suspect, I have been addicted to RS for some time, but that addiction is now broken. I won't be back to this game, nor to any other TL game.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 01:19 PM
Okay, I've settled down and am not actually that bothered by the dropping coins and stars anymore, even though they make the game lag like a mofo when my restaurant is filled with people. It already got choppy to begin with and this did not help.

I have to say I like how you get rewarded for visiting neighbours. It also gives you an indication of which neighbours you haven't visited yet, which is nice if you tip through your neighbour list in short bursts. Don't have to remember where EXACTLY you left off.

I'm seriously not getting any of these quests on my iPad though. I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to that.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 11:10 PM
I'm playing on an iPad and when I updated, I just got the exact same changes as the Valentine's version. No extra coins or stars to tap and no more lags than usual (good) and no indication if I visited a neighbor (bad).

Unregistered
03-14-11, 11:50 PM
I did some more experimenting. If I leave the shooting stars and coins they still get added to the total even if I visit another restaurant before collecting them. So it appears that collection is optional, albeit annoying.
I looks like this update is geared toward newcomers. Wish there was a setting to turn it off. I have no plans to expand my restaurant as it is intended to be small. Would love to see the arrows go.

I tried it too, yes, when collecting tip, the coin and xp stars will get added even I didn't pick it up. But what about the rating star? Those red stars that drop out when u tipping ppl, will those star added into your record without picking up? Don't want to be a idiot by tipping ppl whole day, and at the end of day, my star-rate drop to 0, as there is no record of me tipping ppl. :(

This is really stupid, when picking up all these stupid stars, I kept tapping on other furnitures........... And keep tapping on other undone food when picking up those xp stars after serving food, then extra tabbing to avoid using gems to instant cook the undone food... OMG!!! THAT IS ANOTHER GEM TRAP!!!!!

STUPID UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deeslatrommi
03-15-11, 12:14 AM
I tried it too, yes, when collecting tip, the coin and xp stars will get added even I didn't pick it up. But what about the rating star? Those red stars that drop out when u tipping ppl, will those star added into your record without picking up? Don't want to be a idiot by tipping ppl whole day, and at the end of day, my star-rate drop to 0, as there is no record of me tipping ppl. :(

This is really stupid, when picking up all these stupid stars, I kept tapping on other furnitures........... And keep tapping on other undone food when picking up those xp stars after serving food, then extra tabbing to avoid using gems to instant cook the undone food... OMG!!! THAT IS ANOTHER GEM TRAP!!!!!

STUPID UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried this yesterday and went from a low 3 to a solid 4 without picking up any stars.

The gem trap problem is much worse now. Also those pretty blue arrows almost got clicked on by my daughter. I do not want to expand, and as there is no way to unexpand I will not be a happy camper. Expansion trap?

deeslatrommi3
03-15-11, 05:49 PM
If by chance you have backed up your iDevice with iTunes prior to and not after the update you can revert to the older version.

1. Delete the RS app off of your iDevice
2. Connect to iTunes and select the Apps tab.
3. Make sure RS has a check mark
4. Sync
5. Enjoy the older version.

This worked on my iPad, but mostly because a day earlier there was a new iOS update prior to the RS update which backed up my device.

Worth a shot if you want to go back.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 10:40 AM

Don't panic. There really aren't any extra steps. The stars and coins are nothing new except that they are now showing up on some devices where they didn't show up before. The dropping dollar signs and stars show the coins and extra points that you get for tipping and picking up tips. They have been showing on my iPad since I installed the first version of the game.

It's a shame that Team Lava doesn't explain things when they add an update.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 10:41 AM

If you don't want to do the challages, just ignore them. They're not required.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 10:54 AM
There aren't anymore steps to tipping and collecting tips. The coins and stars just show you how much you're tipping or collecting and how many extra points you're getting. They probably added this to help people, especially new players, understand tipping. It might be a good idea to investigate changes before you put so much effort into posting.

TeamLava developers seem to be on a different planet from their customers. The processes of visiting others, tipping, cooking, collecting tips etc all require far too much screen tapping, so what do they do? Yes, they add more screen tapping! Why? What on earth did they have in their heads when they came up with that? Try to picture the meeting where they sit around discussing it...

Bill: Sounds good, Fred. But all that development would take some effort and would cost us a lot.

Fred: Yes, I know that Bill, but if we don't, they'll lose interest and go play somebody else's games.

Jack: I hear you Fred, but as Bill says, quite a cost to do that.

Bill: As it happens, I've got a much better idea. How about we increase the effort for people tipping their neighbours and collecting their tips? I'm sure we could make cooking more difficult too.

Fred: But Bill, I read in the forums that people already think that's a frustrating and slow process, why would we make it worse?

Jack: Come on now Fred, stop being a Negative Nancy, I think Bill is onto something there!

Bill: Yeah, thanks Jack. Let's do it!

Fred: (sarcastically) well why not push those stupid quest things onto them as well? Force the experienced players to go back and do things they did months ago?

Jack and Bill: Now you're thinking, Fred, let's do it!

Fred: But, but, but... I was kidding fellas...

Unregistered
03-16-11, 11:00 AM
Where do you see an indication of which neighbors you've visited?

Okay, I've settled down and am not actually that bothered by the dropping coins and stars anymore, even though they make the game lag like a mofo when my restaurant is filled with people. It already got choppy to begin with and this did not help.

I have to say I like how you get rewarded for visiting neighbours. It also gives you an indication of which neighbours you haven't visited yet, which is nice if you tip through your neighbour list in short bursts. Don't have to remember where EXACTLY you left off.

I'm seriously not getting any of these quests on my iPad though. I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to that.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 12:12 PM
There aren't anymore steps to tipping and collecting tips. The coins and stars just show you how much you're tipping or collecting and how many extra points you're getting. They probably added this to help people, especially new players, understand tipping. It might be a good idea to investigate changes before you put so much effort into posting.
It looks like he was mainly trying to say give us new stuff not that other [edit] and thats right. We don't need all that stuff we want new stuff that makes it interesting again

Unregistered
03-16-11, 09:05 PM
Could someone please tell me where you can see which neighbors you visited each day? I can't find it anywhere.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 09:25 PM
Could someone please tell me where you can see which neighbors you visited each day? I can't find it anywhere.

Never mind. I guess you mean after you send a gift to a neighbor, the gift tab changes color. I've had that feature ever since I downloaded the game but I guess some people just got that with the update. I thought there was something new that showed on the list when you tipped, not gifted.

greygull
03-16-11, 09:55 PM
It's not like the gifting. The first time you visit a neighbor, you get a pop up saying you've earn coins and/or xp for visiting them. If you return again, that pop up will not occur again. It is a step in the right direction that people have been asking for at least.

Unregistered
03-17-11, 01:23 AM
Anyone notice that after the update, there seem to reset earier? Normally, the reset time is at 4pm, my local time, I noticed the reset when I was tipping bk around 3pm and discover I was tipping someone who I tipped few hours ago, I re-check with my nbrs, and discover their tip counter also been reset b4 4pm.

Can someone tell me what is the new reset time now? Thank you

Unregistered
03-17-11, 06:35 PM
It's not like the gifting. The first time you visit a neighbor, you get a pop up saying you've earn coins and/or xp for visiting them. If you return again, that pop up will not occur again. It is a step in the right direction that people have been asking for at least.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, that's not happening on my iPad even with the update.

Unregistered
03-18-11, 03:50 AM
Anyone notice that after the update, there seem to reset earier? Normally, the reset time is at 4pm, my local time, I noticed the reset when I was tipping bk around 3pm and discover I was tipping someone who I tipped few hours ago, I re-check with my nbrs, and discover their tip counter also been reset b4 4pm.

Can someone tell me what is the new reset time now? Thank you
I expect it's about the USA switching to daylight savings, isn't it?

Unregistered
03-18-11, 06:24 AM
I expect it's about the USA switching to daylight savings, isn't it?

Really? Thx for telling me this, didn't know about the daylight saving. So, is 1 hour earlier, right?

Thanks again

Unregistered
03-18-11, 03:33 PM
Really? Thx for telling me this, didn't know about the daylight saving. So, is 1 hour earlier, right?

Thanks again
Seems that way here (Australia), went from 7pm to 6pm, last weekend, which is when US DST came in.