PDA

View Full Version : First gold producing dragon?

marathon2615
02-11-17, 02:39 PM
How long did it take you guys to save the gold to buy your first? I'm trying but it seems pretty hopeless to be honest. 1500 by just getting 5 or 6 from neighbors a day is a looooong time.

random59
02-11-17, 04:21 PM
How long did it take you guys to save the gold to buy your first? I'm trying but it seems pretty hopeless to be honest. 1500 by just getting 5 or 6 from neighbors a day is a looooong time.

For the first, a lot of us older players saved all the gold obtained from installing the pop up games and completing the levels, I only buy GPD when they are on sale.

Another tip would be to try and play the Bingo element of the game and try to stay in the Silver league for tickets, you can manage to collect tickets there to save and trade when you have enough for Gold Horizon. If you manage to win the silver league and get promoted to the Gold league, don't play for the week, I often do this and end with 0 points and get demoted back to the silver league.

Good luck and just wait for a Gold Producing Dragon sale, as we didn't have one for new year we may get one to celebrate Dragon Story's 5th birthday but just save your gold and load those annoying little side games.

leo2010leo
02-11-17, 06:23 PM
Oh, that's interesting! When is the Dragon story 5th birthday, please?

D_Raho
02-11-17, 07:35 PM
Last year in June they had two Gold Dragons on sale for 400. Stainglass and Midas. I bought them both. They paid for themseves in about 3 months. It's been solid profits ever since.

I think in April. I hope we get something good this year. But the way things have been going lately, I can see them not giving us a GPD sale.

marathon2615
02-11-17, 10:15 PM
Last year in June they had two Gold Dragons on sale for 400. Stainglass and Midas. I bought them both. They paid for themseves in about 3 months. It's been solid profits ever since.

I think in April. I hope we get something good this year. But the way things have been going lately, I can see them not giving us a GPD sale.
That's just it. From what I've heard there have been several occasions pass us by already like black friday where they have been on sale in the past but now..... not really happening. I'm expecting to pay full price. The only other option is to pay real money (which isn't really an option at all) or be confined to what gold you get from neighbors. I want the gold producing dragons because I see that as moving to a new level in the game where you are semi self sufficent. If that makes sense

random59
02-12-17, 12:16 AM

Technically it is in April but last year I think they had the sale early in March some time, no idea why. I only hope we are not disappointed as we were at New Year, time will tell!:)

random59
02-12-17, 01:57 AM
That's just it. From what I've heard there have been several occasions pass us by already like black friday where they have been on sale in the past but now..... not really happening. I'm expecting to pay full price. The only other option is to pay real money (which isn't really an option at all) or be confined to what gold you get from neighbors. I want the gold producing dragons because I see that as moving to a new level in the game where you are semi self sufficent. If that makes sense

I don't know if we will get more gold producing dragons but I would wait a while and just save your gold until some do come on sale.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
02-12-17, 08:15 PM
I have given up on waiting for their sales. Got up to 1500 and just got my White Gold. Now I have a total of 3 GPDs.

JustKay
02-13-17, 12:23 AM
I am also waiting on a sale of gold giving dragons (I missed out on two due to a haitus), but am not betting on it. They used to be more frequent in previous years. Across the entire suite of games you'd see premium currency generator sales in Black Friday, Xmas, or NY or the anniversary (not all in one year tho). This last holiday period was very austere across all their games. They even pulled the gem dispenser from Restaurant & Bakery story all together! I think maybe it is the end of an era. I recently blew about ~2k gold on boosted speed breeding 12 diamond hybrids, but once I save up enough gold again to buy the gold giving dragons outright (& still have a bit of reserve) I might just buy them full price. Maybe in future they might take them away altogether. Way, way back they did take away some of the gold giving dragons (Treasure, Midas and Stained Glass), but then a year or two later they brought them back. Could happen again. I just hope they give us some form of warning before hand.

ironasazi
02-14-17, 12:16 PM
Looking at the market now, looks like they're getting rid of some... not even discounted, but at full price

amerirish
02-14-17, 12:37 PM
A few years ago they were all on sale around the winter holiday season so I bit the bullet and bought a bunch of gold and purchased them. I haven't regretted it a day since :)

marathon2615
02-14-17, 01:13 PM
Well guys I appreciate the advice but looks like there's no point to it now. If they're getting rid of the majority of them and leaving only 4 that's not really even worth it to me. The plan was to try and eventually get them all. Thanks s8.

JustKay
02-14-17, 04:41 PM
... I might just buy them full price. Maybe in future they might take them away altogether. Way, way back they did take away some of the gold giving dragons (Treasure, Midas and Stained Glass), but then a year or two later they brought them back. Could happen again. I just hope they give us some form of warning before hand.

Looking at the market now, looks like they're getting rid of some... not even discounted, but at full price

I think I jinxed it >_< Me and my big fat typing fingers...

sherlock221bbaker
02-14-17, 07:39 PM
How disappointing. Yes it looks like the full priced gold producing dragons are being withdrawn.

From what I gather some of my neighbours are prepared to buy them on sale costing a modest amount of money to buy but one threatened to quit the game is that was not possible. Considering she regularly buys small amounts of gold they have lost a customer.

It's a game goal to get gold dragons and taking them away is going to discourage many. She was hoping eventually to get gold dragons and said if it didn't work out she'd stop playing

Also it means those in the leaderboards with the whole collection will always have the advantage

ironasazi
02-14-17, 11:31 PM
I might just buy them full price. Maybe in future they might take them away altogether. Way, way back they did take away some of the gold giving dragons (Treasure, Midas and Stained Glass), but then a year or two later they brought them back. Could happen again. I just hope they give us some form of warning before hand.

I think I jinxed it >_< Me and my big fat typing fingers...

Funny, and they provided warning just like you said lol except it's only a week, how many players are gonna have 5000+ gold or buy it in the market within a week I don't know but maybe they believe the demographics are more rich kids that will outpay those who could have paid out if discounted. Probably they don't care if you buy them or not it's a bonus if you do, but if not, they're betting enough users will continually pay for gold more in the long term.

maryamhjm
02-17-17, 06:52 PM
I am so disapointed, I started playing again after quiting this game, I always wanted the GPD's but thought 1 gold a day is not really profitable. When I new They will produce up to 5 a day when evolving to lvl.10 I started playing again and trying to save for a GPD ever since but it is not easy and now it is al for nothing. If they will really take them from the game without a chance of earning them an other way, I think I am finished with this game. It is really THE goal of this game to try to earn them all. And no I will not pay real money for it, certainly not with all the glitches and acicident buyings etc. At least if it happend to me I have never really lost real money but a lot of effort which is also a very big deal.

katali119
02-18-17, 04:25 AM
I am so disapointed, I started playing again after quiting this game, I always wanted the GPD's but thought 1 gold a day is not really profitable. When I new They will produce up to 5 a day when evolving to lvl.10 I started playing again and trying to save for a GPD ever since but it is not easy and now it is al for nothing. If they will really take them from the game without a chance of earning them an other way, I think I am finished with this game. It is really THE goal of this game to try to earn them all. And no I will not pay real money for it, certainly not with all the glitches and acicident buyings etc. At least if it happend to me I have never really lost real money but a lot of effort which is also a very big deal.

Must admit, I think I'd rather lose a tenner of real money than 6 months of effort to a gold trap.

bakerystoe
02-18-17, 06:21 AM
As I played few years ago, there was a GPD sale each 6-month with a very reasonable prize: from 300 to 600 golds. But now they are not into it anymore, I haven't seen any sales since the last Black Friday:( additionally I am having two GPD so it pretty a ten gold a day for me to collect:))) from my own experience, in order to collect golds for GPD we need to have baby accounts to send gold to our main accounts. As a lot as possible but there is also a maximum of that ( bout 15-16 golds per day by receiving golds from neighbors)

kooky panda
02-18-17, 02:49 PM
Hey guys please continue you discussions on the Limited Gold Dragon on the new thread
Limited time GPD (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97354-Limited-time-GPD)