PDA

View Full Version : Games taking up almost half of device storage capacity

squishyhoney1210
02-11-17, 11:16 AM
The file size of my Bakery Story and Restaurant Story are now 3.2GB and 2.0GB respectively.
Not only is this taking up half of the storage size of my iPad, the games seem to be running very slow, especially during loading at the beginning of the game, loading of neighbors/visitors' places and loading of walls.
Is this the normal size? What is the average size? Is there a way I can reduce the file size?
Also, does the size correlate with the size of the bakery / the amount of food you have on counters / decorative items / no. of neighbors ? I'm curious as I have a huge amount of food on Bakery...but my Restaurant is bigger in size and has more decorative items.

kooky panda
02-11-17, 01:58 PM
Elsa;1257479']When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache. :)

Try clearing your cache .

kingyoung73
03-03-17, 06:49 PM
I had to delete and reinstall both BS & RS. They are both now taking up 618 MB & 509 MB. I did that a week ago :-/

twospoons
03-04-17, 11:39 AM
~600MB seems normal for 2-series games, or any thing with lots of animation. I have dragon, Farm2 & fantasy forest installed, and they're all in the 500+MB range, but BS & RS are under 35MB each. My bakery is small, and my restaurant is mostly empty right now, but I still can't imagine such a huge difference between our sizes.

Do you visit lots of neighbors? I'm going to do that, see if my size noticeably increases.

(I'm on droid)

squishyhoney1210
03-09-17, 01:08 PM
Try clearing your cache .

Sorry, but may I know how exactly do I clear the cache for BS and RS app?
I'm only aware how to clear cache for browsers.
Do I simply uninstall and install back the app? If yes, would I lose any data? E.g. would I still have my current bakery/restaurant back? I'm anxious as I've lost my games before and had to start everything from scratch.

~600MB seems normal for 2-series games, or any thing with lots of animation. I have dragon, Farm2 & fantasy forest installed, and they're all in the 500+MB range, but BS & RS are under 35MB each. My bakery is small, and my restaurant is mostly empty right now, but I still can't imagine such a huge difference between our sizes.

Do you visit lots of neighbors? I'm going to do that, see if my size noticeably increases.

(I'm on droid)

I have a relatively small place compared to other bakeries/restaurants owned by similar Level99 players.
I've on average, about 100 neighbors each on BS/RS and on most days, I visit all of them. That, plus other visitors' places. Based on kooky' reply, the visits could accumulate to the cached data. But still...the difference is rather huge.

kooky panda
03-09-17, 02:42 PM
Sorry, but may I know how exactly do I clear the cache for BS and RS app?
I'm only aware how to clear cache for browsers.
Do I simply uninstall and install back the app? If yes, would I lose any data? E.g. would I still have my current bakery/restaurant back? I'm anxious as I've lost my games before and had to start everything from scratch.

For iOS- On your Device Go to Settings- Safari- clear out data
For android- On your device go to Settings -Application manager -Bakery Story and hit the Clear data button (need to do this for each game)

Daughteroftheking33
03-11-17, 02:39 PM

(I'm on droid)

You can get an SD card for your Android. A 16GB would be good depending on how much you download. If you download a lot, well, a 32GB would be good. My grandmother has a 64GB.

ChasingTangledDreams
03-21-17, 01:38 AM
Bakery Story eats up lots of storage on my devices (I have both iOS & Android) and the data size can either crash the game or mess up my internet connection because of high bandwidth usage. I recommend hard quitting all apps that are running in the background for your device to run smoother and before opening any game. On Android, Storm8 games can be saved onto separate SD cards you can buy anywhere instead of directly on your device's storage. Clearing the app cache by going into Settings, Application Manager helps too. On iOS devices, you sometimes have to delete the game/re-install to keep the app cache lower than 1GB.