PDA

View Full Version : Repeated synching/roll back issues on V-Day update

FireballFarm
02-09-17, 02:20 AM
I'm on iOS and since doing the Valentine's Day update, my game has been suddenly freezing and then rolling back a few seconds. It happens once every few minutes and only rolls back certain items, most notably the arena and coin collection. The breeding den, evo chamber and crops are unaffected, so this doesn't appear to be the usual synching issue. Sometimes the 'processing' screen pops up, but usually it doesn't- the game just freezes and then resets. The whole reset/roll back process happens very quickly, blink and you could miss it.

It is especially annoying during tournaments because already beaten opponents are reappearing (I posted about this in the Avatar tourney thread in reply to another player who had the same issue, and I have seen posts about this issue on the other forum).

Next time I'm in my game for more than a minute or two, I will time the incidents to see if they are occurring in regular intervals, or try to determine any obvious patterns or triggers.

iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5

katali119
02-09-17, 05:08 AM
I have that fairly often, but this is the first time I've had the arena roll back at such an annoying opponent, and one, moreover that I had beaten 1st time! Although mine wasn't a few seconds, it was half an hour and the arena appeared to be the only thing affected, the mining, feeding etc stayed as they were. A very annoying glitch.

Oh, and I'm not even using the Valentine's version, so there is not even that excuse. If the game state can be saved for some things, it should save for all things. Must be interesting coding where the arena state does not save, but feeding and mining does?!

kooky panda
02-09-17, 09:56 AM
I see you play on iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5 . Please check to see if you have a apple software update for your Ipad.

++Moved thread to bug forum++

FireballFarm
02-09-17, 05:48 PM
I see you play on iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5 . Please check to see if you have a apple software update for your Ipad.

++Moved thread to bug forum++
iOS10 is not available for iPad 3. I have the highest OS possible for my device- and I'm kinda pissed at Apple for it- iPad 3 isn't that old :/

kooky panda
02-10-17, 10:01 AM
Try a couple of things.
Try going to settings-safari and clear data.

Make sure you close out any other applications running in the background.

Try deleting and reinstalling the game from iTunes