PDA

View Full Version : Royal Games! - 9-15 February, 2017 | *info in post 2*

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Nessell
02-15-17, 04:06 PM
Less than an hour to go and we will know if it's all been worth it......:)

Robkendy
02-15-17, 04:08 PM
Clever idea but where is the fun in that really?!?! I hope these aren't a staple. They make the game not fun.

the fun comes from passing up everyone in the last hour and taking the lead in an efficient way

Robkendy
02-15-17, 04:19 PM
Less than an hour to go and we will know if it's all been worth it......:)

I will be so sad if it doesn't drop energy, but i should know better by now, lol

Tiramisalla
02-15-17, 04:25 PM
EDIT: Finally got back in! Just wanted to watch my board and see any last-minute moves being made. Not that I would have done anything if someone had jumped ahead of me - I did not spend ONE GEM on this event!!!

I was lucky to be grouped with apparently like-minded players ... 1st place was 3,476 points. I was really surprised to end up in 2nd place with 3,112. 3rd place was 2,282. This event would have been a lot more pleasant without all the issues I had logging in: I lost almost the whole 1st day, and often could "feel" the extra players (had trouble logging in a few times each day, but almost impossible the last hour!!).

Original post:
ARGH! What happened to me at the very beginning is happening again now - I've been trying to log on consistently for over an hour and keep getting kicked out. (Yes, I have done all the things to make sure it's not a problem with my device... turned phone off & back on, deleted and reinstalled app, plenty of memory available, etc etc etc.) IF YOU'RE GOING TO SET UP SOMETHING THAT MAKES US ALL LOG ON AT THE SAME TIME, MAKE SURE YOUR SERVERS CAN HANDLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scavaig
02-15-17, 04:46 PM
Yep, for first time ever being kicked out here too.

Game starts .... Then closes.

The icing to top off an event I have not enjoyed.

jbfps116
02-15-17, 04:59 PM
30 seconds left lol

jbfps116
02-15-17, 05:00 PM
hmmmm check back soon for rank result

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:01 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing

jbfps116
and "stay tuned for next event" sounds ominous!

Nessell
Where is my horse?

jbfps116
02-15-17, 05:02 PM
well I was 2nd place so lets see the results already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

oceansoftime
02-15-17, 05:05 PM
Nothing either

AnnirasSweets
02-15-17, 05:06 PM
Really though, after all this they should've added our prizes right to our inventory. Should've guessed this might happen!

FrostyFinn
02-15-17, 05:08 PM
I am so frustrated! In every other game I have played there is the ability to delete the current task for another. I made a bunch of honey buns, pork but not enough stew. I was ready to swoop in and move up the board. But wouldn't you know it, all three options were locked at the 3 items I ran out of. No way to discard or move off, so I basically I sat and watched the clock run out knowing I had enough items made to possibly get first or second.

I play the same Lederboard game in [game ref removed] and a few others and I have always been able to delete items. And then of course there was the technical issue that some of us went through with the tent and the trees. I am never going to play a leaderboard game in CS again unless they fix that option. I wasted so much energy and gems and most important my time. Only to be stopped by a bad or little though out programming issue.

I am so frustrated right now I want to scream or cry!

GlvtenFree
02-15-17, 05:09 PM
THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE
with five minutes left on the clock i bought a bunch of energy and trees to catch back up to first place and NONE OF MY POINTS COUNTED BECAUSE THE GAME RESET AND THEN THE CLOCK WAS GONE
NO IT WAS NOT MY INTERNET AS YOU LOOOOOVE TO TELL PEOPLE BUT STORM 8 FAULTY SERVERS
i spent hundreds of dollars on this game and am a loyal player and let me just tell you i will NEVER support this game again.
its just one huge money grab and they have an excuse for everything.

SW PLEASE MAKE A POLL TO ASK PLAYERS IF THEY WOULD WANT TO DO THIS EVENT AGAIN AND SEND RESULTS TO THE DEVELOPERS

mxs010
I screen-shot my ranking - just in case.....

SuvaWF
Guessing the delay is for the server to catch up on last minute races. My group had 3 going right to the end. My results show me in first, but who knows how well the refresh rate was keeping up.

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:10 PM
not sure what i expected, waiting wasnt one of them :/

ktorewqas
02-15-17, 05:10 PM
I have 11 honey buns and they did not ask for them :confused: anyway, I am the first place :o where is that horse? I want my carrots lol

mikepastry
02-15-17, 05:12 PM
SW PLEASE MAKE A POLL TO ASK PLAYERS IF THEY WOULD WANT TO DO THIS EVENT AGAIN AND SEND RESULTS TO THE DEVELOPERS

I finished in RANK 1 and I am not happy! I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS TYPE OF EVENT EVER AGAIN!!! HORRIBLE, STRESSFUL! I DO NOT WANT TO COMPETE AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS! I play this game to RELAX, to take off the stress, not to add more stress in my life! NO! NO! NO! TO THIS TYPE OF EVENTS!

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:14 PM
I swear to god when it stopped taking the tokens I was first place but all of a sudden the 2nd place somehow got in front of me after 30 seconds had passed since it was meant to stop collecting like really?!! 

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:15 PM
this event lasted for 1 week, WAY PREFER this timeline over the 3-4 week events that we have had recently.

scavaig
02-15-17, 05:16 PM
I finished in RANK 1 and I am not happy! I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS TYPE OF EVENT EVER AGAIN!!! HORRIBLE, STRESSFUL! I DO NOT WANT TO COMPETE AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS! I play this game to RELAX, to take off the stress, not to add more stress in my life! NO! NO! NO! TO THIS TYPE OF EVENTS!

I agree with you ..... But if it broke the servers it must have been the most popular event ever. Never seen that before :-(

spchstew
02-15-17, 05:16 PM
Yep, for first time ever being kicked out here too.

Game starts .... Then closes.

The icing to top off an event I have not enjoyed.

Count me in as being kicked off too! First time for everything. I missed 1st place by 11 points, which I could have easily managed had it not been for the waiting game. Happy this event is over. Will think twice before participating in another such event.

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:17 PM
Not really if it was a fault on the games end :/ if it was on the players end then yes but he said his Internet was fine

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:18 PM
game trees were definitely OP. the ability to jump ahead by 240 points with just the 3x multiplier and 20 energy and thats just ONE tree. tack on the 4 you might get just from playing and anyone could jump ahead 1000 points in seconds

candie1230
02-15-17, 05:19 PM

Yes, it's not fair to people who have to work during the day, or don't have the stores saved up to make items constantly. I luckily had 17 gold nuggets saved in my storage and I'm currently home from work so I could play all day. But it's not fair to people that have lives and jobs outside their homes to have to constantly make stuff just to be able to get some sort of prize. I ranked 2nd in my area, I WAS 1st until i got booted out at the last min by a person I was battling with the last few days. I sent them a friend invite!!!

GlvtenFree
02-15-17, 05:20 PM
many other players are posting they were kicked out of the game during the end of the event too, so it clearly was storm8 error

melissameeks
02-15-17, 05:20 PM
I've been stiffed.
The leaderboard puts me in 1st place.
Second place is well, 600 below me.
Nothing new in inventory.
Nothing new on the board

I have also closed and opened the game.
Thank goodness I spent no money on this.
You have poor gratitude. Advertise prizes you don't give.

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:22 PM
comparing game trees to the other buy-able item. 150gems and 100 energy for 1400 tokens over 7 days. OR 7 trees for 140 gems plus knight nobility for 20ish gems then 140 energy within 2 hours and boom 1680 whenever

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:23 PM
I've been stiffed.
Nothing new on the board

the game says results incoming..............

mikepastry
02-15-17, 05:26 PM
I agree with you ..... But if it broke the servers it must have been the most popular event ever. Never seen that before :-(

Or, it could be just a programming error... and not a server glitch caused by an overwhelming response. Just offering another possible explanation... I've been watching my leader board for the last two hours of the event. There was virtually no movement. I am guessing a lot of people decided that the reward was not worth the amount of energy and resources to be invested. And honestly, I think, it is not!

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:27 PM
Yes, it's not fair to people who have to work during the day, or don't have the stores saved up to make items constantly. I luckily had 17 gold nuggets saved in my storage and I'm currently home from work so I could play all day. But it's not fair to people that have lives and jobs outside their homes to have to constantly make stuff just to be able to get some sort of prize. I ranked 2nd in my area, I WAS 1st until i got booted out at the last min by a person I was battling with the last few days. I sent them a friend invite!!!

Yeah that's the problem when there is a timer on things. I think it would be better to stick to events where it doesn't involve going head to head with other players. I do like the idea of the event times being shorter but they would have to make the goals more realistic to complete

Lyn3v3
02-15-17, 05:28 PM
I too had issues at the end. The game froze, so I had to log back in. Was taking forever so I thought I was having issues. I turned everything off and reboot. I managed to get back in and deliver that beef stew with just 5 minutes to go. I now have 2 honey buns (that I never once got asked for), 10 pork loins, and 48 wedding invites from the last event. Because of the tree issue, I had been wasting my energy all day chopping iron rocks. Then had to waste a 25 point crate at then end to chop the tree since it finally started working. Way stressful event. To celebrate this ultra stressful event is over, I am inviting everyone over to my kingdom for a pork loin dinner.

P.S. Now we can recuperate and build up our regular supplies....until Storm8 does this to us again.

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:28 PM
Or, it could be just a programming error... and not a server glitch caused by an overwhelming response. Just offering another possible explanation... I've been watching my leader board for the last two hours of the event. There was virtually no movement. I am guessing a lot of people decided that the reward was not worth the amount of energy and resources to be invested. And honestly, I think, it is not!

i also saw no movement, which i find odd

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:30 PM
comparing game trees to the other buy-able item. 150gems and 100 energy for 1400 tokens over 7 days. OR 7 trees for 140 gems plus knight nobility for 20ish gems then 140 energy within 2 hours and boom 1680 whenever

Strange I never saw that offer in the shop all I got was the boosts and trees you could buy 🤔

jav0709
02-15-17, 05:31 PM
i saw no movement for the last half hour. I finished in first place. I just got the jousting steed

scavaig
02-15-17, 05:31 PM

I did not think it worth it either.

But Perhaps lots of players were just logged on watching ?????... More than usual numbers logged on just to see what happens???

I don't know ;-)

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:32 PM
Strange I never saw that offer in the shop all I got was the boosts and trees you could buy ��

game tent is what its called

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:33 PM
i saw no movement for the last half hour. I finished in first place but got nothing yet

ditto, hoping for the best

TerraRanomi
02-15-17, 05:33 PM
I have 11 honey buns and they did not ask for them :confused: anyway, I am the first place :o where is that horse? I want my carrots lol

Congrats! I have 2 helmets I can keep as souvenirs.:rolleyes: And I don't know how many pork loins and honey cakes. But I got 2nd place which is what I wanted.:o

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:34 PM
I too had issues at the end. The game froze, so I had to log back in. Was taking forever so I thought I was having issues. I turned everything off and reboot. I managed to get back in and deliver that beef stew with just 5 minutes to go. I now have 2 honey buns (that I never once got asked for), 10 pork loins, and 48 wedding invites from the last event. Because of the tree issue, I had been wasting my energy all day chopping iron rocks. Then had to waste a 25 point crate at then end to chop the tree since it finally started working. Way stressful event. To celebrate this ultra stressful event is over, I am inviting everyone over to my kingdom for a pork loin dinner.

P.S. Now we can recuperate and build up our regular supplies....until Storm8 does this to us again.
😂😂😂 I would gladly come for some good old pork loin to comfort my suspicious defeat

AuntGma
02-15-17, 05:34 PM
Competitors in my group made it very easy to decide to stop after 3,000 points. First place 66,666 (I kid you not). Second place 54,170 points. Third place 28,551 points.

nateryd
02-15-17, 05:36 PM
Competitors in my group made it very easy to decide to stop after 3,000 points. First place 66,666 (I kid you not). Second place 54,170 points. Third place 28,551 points.

:p They weren't messing around!!

Nessell
Restarted and the prizes appeared.....

Robkendy

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm. mine was myself at 10k second at 5.5k third at 4.6k and the rest between 4-2k

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:37 PM
Congrats! I have 2 helmets I can keep as souvenirs.:rolleyes: And I don't know how many pork loins and honey cakes. But I got 2nd place which is what I wanted.:o
I hadn't finished chopping my games tree so I was hoping I could keep it as a souvenir but alas the tree disappeared as soon as the event finished TT

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:38 PM
8 hours timer, i should have known

mayennalee
02-15-17, 05:38 PM
I got 6th place and just logged back in and got my energy box and trade tickets.

I dont think I will do this kind of thing again, not on purpose anyway.

zoroak
02-15-17, 05:39 PM
Another 20 h before next weekly update. Time to stock up on prime cuts, cabbages, tomatoes, bacon and carrots, so low on so many items, they'd better not ask for those items in the update. :rolleyes:

melissameeks
02-15-17, 05:39 PM
I've been stiffed.
Nothing new on the board

Just received all 3 first place prizes.
Merci

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:40 PM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm. mine was myself at 10k second at 5.5k third at 4.6k and the rest between 4-2k

Wow omg ours was 8.5k max

AuntGma
02-15-17, 05:40 PM

I was surrounded by overachievers. �� It truly did make my game easier. I knew the first day that I had no chance to win, so the pressure was relieved immediately. I just spent the entire time cheering them on.

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:41 PM
8 hour timer with 32 gem speed up on black horse
trophy is deco

AnnirasSweets
02-15-17, 05:42 PM
Definitely never doing this again. Even though I placed well and fortunately didn't have to spend gems I agree that the prizes didn't even come close to justifying the effort and time I put on. Thanks but no thanks S8. Do us all a favor and spend your time focusing on the story please.

Aesculapius1
02-15-17, 05:43 PM
Well, pending actual final results, I think I won my contest, but it frankly leaves me with a very poor taste. 1st and 2nd both get steeds, but in our game several others clearly spent a great of time at the very least and get minimal prizes. This contest has run contrary to the cooperative flavor that has long been part of Castle Story's appeal. If it continues down this track, I really can't see sticking with the game.

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:45 PM
I was surrounded by overachievers. �� It truly did make my game easier. I knew the first day that I had no chance to win, so the pressure was relieved immediately. I just spent the entire time cheering them on.
I mainly wanted the trade tickets and the horse shame they couldn't give at least the horse and 1 trade ticket to at least everyone and the higher the rank the higher the number of trade tickets cash and energy is kinda rubbish

meme1098
02-15-17, 05:49 PM
8 hour timer with 32 gem speed up on black horse
trophy is deco

Unfortunately that's the timer on regular horses so if that's what we have here S8, I think there's gonna be a big rebellion coming your way.

kiryuuku123
02-15-17, 05:50 PM
Definitely never doing this again. Even though I placed well and fortunately didn't have to spend gems I agree that the prizes didn't even come close to justifying the effort and time I put on. Thanks but no thanks S8. Do us all a favor and spend your time focusing on the story please.
Yeah I agree I mean it's not like we will ever run out of in game money and energy is just meh

ktorewqas
02-15-17, 05:50 PM
The horse has 8 hrs collect time. I hope it drops carrot every time ;)

ktorewqas
02-15-17, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately that's the timer on regular horses so if that's what we have here S8, I think there's gonna be a big rebellion coming your way.
Totally agree! Coin deco and a regular horse ... No no no ... No next time

sunnygirl634
02-15-17, 05:52 PM
Just thought I would mention that my Royal Games Tent (that I really regret buying) is now deco. The timer is gone. At least there is no gem trap!

meme1098
02-15-17, 05:53 PM
The horse has 8 hrs collect time. I hope it drops carrot every time ;)

A carrot, a long sword, & horsehair are probably gonna be the drops. I hope not but I'm not expecting anything spectacular considering the castle is essentially deco since it drops just coins.

tonyjosiah
02-15-17, 05:54 PM
Sped up the horse and got a sword 1 fertilizer and 1 horse hair

Robkendy
02-15-17, 05:56 PM

silver lining is if fertilizer every time

meme1098
02-15-17, 05:56 PM

As I thought 😤 After all the crafting, cooking & chopping using so much inventory & that's all the top prize is??? Just another horse!!! Wow, S8, I'm just so disappointed (can't type what I'd like). Get ready for a rebellion.

tonyjosiah
02-15-17, 05:57 PM
Sped it up again and got Light Armor, Longsword and Horse Hair

scavaig
02-15-17, 05:57 PM

What..... No carrots!!!!!!!!! ;-)

tonyjosiah
02-15-17, 05:59 PM
Third time speeding up steed and got Longsword, 1 horse hair and 1 carrot.

scavaig
02-15-17, 06:00 PM

Hooray!!!!! ;-)

FlowerBurst
02-15-17, 06:00 PM
I am so frustrated! In every other game I have played there is the ability to delete the current task for another. I made a bunch of honey buns, pork but not enough stew. I was ready to swoop in and move up the board. But wouldn't you know it, all three options were locked at the 3 items I ran out of. No way to discard or move off, so I basically I sat and watched the clock run out knowing I had enough items made to possibly get first or second.

I play the same Lederboard game in Sim City Build It and a few others and I have always been able to delete items. And then of course there was the technical issue that some of us went through with the tent and the trees. I am never going to play a leaderboard game in CS again unless they fix that option. I wasted so much energy and gems and most important my time. Only to be stopped by a bad or little though out programming issue.

I am so frustrated right now I want to scream or cry!

I hear your frustration--ran out of stew and lances and what popped up? Two stew and one lance! Several helms, pork loins, and honey buns remain in my inventory! In fact, not one honey bun popped up the entire game!

tonyjosiah
02-15-17, 06:02 PM
I at least hoped we would get energy like the Daily alicorns with a 22 hour timer. That would've ALMOST been worth it. But you live and learn... I hope we get back to the main story soon.

candie1230
02-15-17, 06:03 PM

Just HOW did they get that many points??? i was playing constantly and only had 7025, i was beaten for 1st place in the last min by a person I had been "battling" in the past two days. I thought I had them beat and then BAM. they jumped up by about 150 points and "stole" first place!!! LOL, I sent them a good job message, and friend request!!!

ktorewqas
02-15-17, 06:04 PM

What..... No carrots!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Hooray!!!!! ;-)

Yeah! Finally carrots... Is it a rare drop? :eek: ;)

Nessell
02-15-17, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know if the castle drops have changed?

tonyjosiah
02-15-17, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know if the castle drops have changed? I just checked it and it was still at 1000 coins

ktorewqas
02-15-17, 06:09 PM
I just checked it and it was still at 1000 coinssame here

candie1230
02-15-17, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know if the castle drops have changed?

Not mine, I collected after the event ended and I got 1,000 coins.

rulerofjennyville
02-15-17, 06:11 PM

This wouldn't have been a bad prize then if it were just in a normal competition. But not nice enough for all the effort you had to put in. For all that gems, energy or something gold should have been the drops. Purple cow gives gems and it wasn't part of a competition. I finished 14th and got trade tickets (I gave up pretty quickly) so I can't complain over that.

TerraRanomi
02-15-17, 06:20 PM
For those in the 3 first ranks of their respective teams. Happy to get a few inventory cards of the trophies & the Steed!

Thanks

Don't know how to make an inventory card, hope this works too. ;)

lonerlexie
02-15-17, 06:26 PM
I came in second place. I kind of wish I had not used gems at the end to boost my points. I think the prizes were disappointing. When it first started I thought we were getting land permits. I'm at level 50 but I am land poor because trading is boring. So I was super excited. When I realized we would get trade permits I was still game. But after about two days I was bored.
Making the same items all day for a week gets boring fast. Honey cakes came up only once for me and I never got the long sword request.
If they do this again I think they need to allow us to swap out items or for heaven's sake stop asking for items that require gold nuggets. They could make it where you have to wait 4 hours or so before you get a replacement. But that is better than losing a slot all day due to a gold nugget shortage.

PrincessCupOButter
02-15-17, 06:27 PM

I was in your group and hadn't planned on competing anyway, but those numbers removed any temptation that might have come along. Unreal!

dipwid
02-15-17, 06:37 PM
First place in my league was close to 6000 points. I think they thought they could get two castles. What news on how leader boards are likely to work in the future?

lonerlexie
02-15-17, 06:49 PM
First place in my league was close to 6000 points. I think they thought they could get two castles. What news on how leader boards are likely to work in the future?

I'm not sure if people thought they would get multiple castles. It was about competing. My top person had over 7,000 points. I came in 2nd with about 6,500 and I thought the leader board and how the competition worked was very clear.

The only thing that needs more explaining is what the prizes will be. I won't bother spending gems on the next leader board competition. I wish I came in third, I think they got an energy crate.

farmgirl8888
02-15-17, 06:53 PM
I really believed the Jousting Steed was going to be like Destrier and Rouncey and give 40 energy every 7 days, that's how much faith I had in the S8 developers. After 6 years of play, I have finally given up. Sorry to see my neighbors go but I am truly done with this game.

jopik
02-15-17, 06:58 PM
I didn't like it at all! Could only get 3990 points considering I have a job and three kids...(

Lyn3v3
02-15-17, 07:09 PM
wow. I can't believe how much money people put into this game. I guess I had a group of less achieving people. Our 1st place had only 2,127 points. I came in 2nd at 1,858 points. Originally, I only wanted the castle...but at the last minute I realized I was close enough to try for 2nd place.

germander10
02-15-17, 07:15 PM
Well, I'm glad that's over. I stopped as soon as I won the castle and did it without using any gems. But I can't believe some of the scores, where do people get the money for all these gem purchases -That's my little rant for the day, now wonder what I can do with Trade Tickets considering there are no more expansions available.

Den8137259
02-15-17, 07:34 PM
★ just used the trade tics for an expansion trade .. "poof" and they are all consumed with that request lol

robotparade
02-15-17, 07:34 PM
where do people get the money for all these gem purchases

I have an Apple device and I buy gems when I get an iTunes gift card as a present. But in my group, #1 was almost 8000 points, and I wouldn't even spend gift card money on that.

caron7
02-15-17, 07:38 PM
I came in second place. I kind of wish I had not used gems at the end to boost my points. I think the prizes were disappointing. When it first started I thought we were getting land permits. I'm at level 50 but I am land poor because trading is boring. So I was super excited. When I realized we would get trade permits I was still game. But after about two days I was bored.
Making the same items all day for a week gets boring fast. Honey cakes came up only once for me and I never got the long sword request.
If they do this again I think they need to allow us to swap out items or for heaven's sake stop asking for items that require gold nuggets. They could make it where you have to wait 4 hours or so before you get a replacement. But that is better than losing a slot all day due to a gold nugget shortage.

i agree that the prizes are truly disappointing. for some reason, it seems everyone at first was mistaken that the prizes included land permits. not sure why we were all confused there. but even though they were trade tickets, still helpful to those of us trying to expand fully. but the horse and the castle drop only ordinary things/coins. not much of a prize, really. would S8 consider giving the castle some useful drops so it can be awarded a coveted spot on our boards?? it's quite pretty, but so many players don't have room for a simple coin building.

Nessell
02-15-17, 07:46 PM
S8 have missed a good opportunity to sell this type of event with the mediocre prizes on offer. In other games that I play, the prizes from the leaderboard events are the best ones so this entices you to participate. Not sure I will bother next time....

chow2b1g
02-15-17, 07:52 PM
I got 6 place and never got my 10 energy box or my 10 trade tickets
did this happen to anyone else? Ok fixed did hard shut down and got them.

hagypagy
02-15-17, 08:54 PM
Have to add my disappointment with this entire event.
Making this community game into a competition isn't appreciated by the players.

On top of that,
Why are all the prizes / buildings so useless?!? :mad:

I finished 3815 in third.
I used no gems.

I did buy the Royal Games Tent tho as deco cause it fits perfectly in my festival grounds , and I had enough gems already saved.
Also managed to hold onto 2 unchopped Royal Games Trees as deco too. :)

Quite early on two gem players forged ahead, so my only goal was to get the Royal Games Castle.
The last couple days there was healthy competition between me and forth place which was enjoyable.

Also managed to keep 15 nuggets in stock. :)

Can't wait to meet Ivy's lover tomorrow!!! :D :cool:
Don't disappoint again Storm8!

gorrith
02-15-17, 09:51 PM
Good premise for an event. This is a proven format used by many games. But I agree with the sentiment that the prizes were terrible :mad: :( I regret making the effort I did. I genuinely thought the horse would be better. Unless S8 drastically improves the prizes I will not waste gems again.

UPDATE: The horse is now dropping swords and armour so not quite as terrible as we all thought. Not as good as a Destrier but at least it's a little silver lining :)

laughingpaperfox
02-15-17, 10:08 PM
I got lucky and got paired in a chill group. Wasn't even going to bother placing above fourth until I did a bit of math and realized I could jump the ranks easily. Ended up barely in first at 7.5k points.

ShibuyaCloth
02-15-17, 11:23 PM
Don't know how to make an inventory card, hope this works too. ;)

Perfect!

If someone has the Bronze Trophy inventory. I take :)

zoroak
02-16-17, 12:15 AM
Definitely a missed opportunity for S8 here.
There are people who didn't try for the leaderboard and/or castle because they found out about the miserable drops and/or dislike competing and the stress. No gems spent = no cash for S8. They will not compete in future leaderboard events.

There are people who worked hard to maintain a certain position on the leaderboard and get the castle, but are disillusioned with the quality of the prizes. No gems to a small amount of gems spent on boosts and tent = not much cash for S8. They will most likely not participate in future.

There are people who are competitive, like leaderboard events, thought they were going to win great prizes (perhaps a 40 energy horse) and spent a huge amount on gems to boost their position on the leaderboard as well as a lot of time cooking, crafting and devising strategies to maximise their points. Huge gem spend = fabulous for S8. Ummm... I don't think they will be spending that for a horse with no energy drops next time!

Then there are the server connectivity issues, issues with tent and trees prematurely turning into deco... oh dear!

Whether it be leaderboard events, timed goals, storybook events, please keep your loyal players happy with rewards and prizes commensurate with effort (and spend).

RevdKathy
02-16-17, 12:41 AM
I went to bed with a distinct sense of "stuff this". Wasn't going to sit up till midnight to see the results. My group were all a bit lukewarm, and I came in second with less than 3500 points. So I got the stompy horse for what he's worth, and a fistful of trade tickets that might come in handy as I am struggling to expand now. Reached the edges where every square needs loads of permits.

The best thing I can say about this is that the artwork is lovely. Props to the design people. The competition, the nasty, community wrecking attitude, the total unfairness (like many people I have honey cakes stored I never got asked for once), the expenditure in gems, energy and valuable resources, the lousy cheap prizes, the glitches in the game programming and the server issues were all dire.

I have learned an important lesson, I shall not participate in this sort of game again.

For me this is the beginning of the end. I have joined in with almost every game played since I started, because I actually like participating. I like being part of what is going on. Next time they do this I shall sit it out, and my enjoyment of the game will go down. Still, I'm starting to think I could probably use the time more profitably. And look for a new use for my little reserve of Google credit.

I'm sure S8 will consider this a great success. They will have made lots of money from people who battled hard. And that's all that really matters to them.

idrispad
02-16-17, 01:30 AM
I finished exactly where I wanted to be - bang on 3000 points.

I do wonder if those with ridiculous amounts of points got them legitimately. I know that on a game I played years ago, all the ridiculously high points on a standard leaderboard weren't genuine.

Zirilka
02-16-17, 02:13 AM
Just feedback, no whining: I absolutely hated this event and participated only to get the castle. It is not about the fact that it was difficult or buggy, it was more the very idea that repulsed me. I chose this game precisely because it is not competitive; rather it enhances cooperation instead of competition. I work the daily rat race in my professional capacity and when I relax I want to relax instead of chasing the rabbit...that is leaderboard rank.

Please no more, thank you.

Jennerwein1
02-16-17, 02:16 AM
i was hoping for prizes commensurate with the use of energy and resources, but I am sorely disappointed. Prizes are pretty (kudos to the artists), but mediocre at best as far as drops are concerned (especially the horse, where I expected at least a minor energy drop for all the effort). I had many glitches, where cooking and crafting was rolled back and I had to start over. Never got the long sword either.
Agree, that there should be a refresh button with a certain wait, so if you run out of a time consuming ingredient, you can at least keep going within a reasonable amount of time.
Overall, a big letdown, at least for me. Not sure I will play the next one.

cavegirl1
02-16-17, 02:25 AM
I decided to play and treat this like a normal event, ignoring the leadership board prizes, given there was nothing else on. (I was very negative about it at the start...)

I was in a group with not much competition. I stopped when I reached 3000 but got a few more points due to monsters through normal play and ended up 4th. (No gems spent on anything). In the rest of my group, 2 got over 11,000 so I guess they were competing.( I didn't really look during the event) Then only 2 others of us reached 3000. Rest of group ranged from just 1 point up to the 2000s.

I was lucky enough to get asked for all the different things we could craft from a very early stage, and saved one of each as a souvenir. (My 2 gold mines means nuggets are plentiful for me luckily).

No idea really why I played as I haven't even put any of the decorations out. Trade tickets and energy crate just got added to all the others I have in storage.

So feeling ho-hum about it all. I certainly didn't get any enjoyment out of the event.

But judging even from the fairly non-competitive group I was in, if only 10% of players buy/spend gems, it will be a success fur S8.

Tamochan
02-16-17, 02:34 AM
I participated in this one but unlikely I will in the next one if this is anything to go by.
I was ok with using my cabages and carrots up and waiting hours for things to be made BUT what got me was the golden nugget helmet.... I had three nuggets and really did not want to use them, but I ended up with three requests for helms on my request.... so I used one to clear the quest, and was then limited to just the one section for creating items. This is MAD because the nugget is a random drop and cannot be bought with gems or acquired any other way than at random... so I was at the mercy of a random drop which, by the way, never happened.
NOT HAPPY
I also did not like the competitive element of this. I saw the prizes and was not interested in the horse, so put in enough effort to get one of the lower prizes, both of which are largely useless to me as there is nowhere to expand any more....
Suggest that next time we can cancel orders we cannot fill, and that the prizes are a bit better - maybe give us a heap of things to choose from that way we can each choose according to our needs???

Lyzau
02-16-17, 02:43 AM
First drop from my new horse: 1 sugar

really?

I enjoyed the last rush of racing to the finish line, and finished second, fair enough. We were 5 competing until the very end. I bought the tent, 2 boosts and 5 trees, so spent a total of 280 gems. That's way too much for a regular horse of course, even though it's a beautiful one.
It was my choice to risk spending gems for an unknown prize, and knowing S8's history, I should have realized it would be a pig in a poke.
Actually I kinda knew that, but I guess I kept hoping that it would be an energy-horse like Rouncy...

Oh well, live and learn. It was my own choice to compete, it was my own choice to spend gems for an unknown cause. I take full responsibility for those choices but I will choose differently next time.

Steffihilson
02-16-17, 03:15 AM
I have an Apple device and I buy gems when I get an iTunes gift card as a present. But in my group, #1 was almost 8000 points, and I wouldn't even spend gift card money on that.

I had over 6500 points and I only used 15 of my free gems. If I planned it better, I could easily get to 8000, without spending any money :)

PrincessCelestian
02-16-17, 04:43 AM

Yup. Just a regular horse. A castle with no royal points that only drops coins and a regular horse. Womp womp. And i spent the most I have ever spent on an event gem wise for the crappiest prizes. They are pretty but serve zero purpose. The prizes will have to be WAY better for me to do that again. You won't burn me twice S8

ktorewqas
02-16-17, 04:49 AM
Only got a horse hair from my new horse, no carrot, no sugar, or sword, armor,:mad:

Chaotarch
02-16-17, 04:56 AM
Perfect!

If someone has the Bronze Trophy inventory. I take :)

here, my hard earned bronze trophy ( with 28k ):eek::rolleyes:

MoonVillage3
02-16-17, 05:18 AM
all depends what group you were randomly put in.
seems groups were chosen by basing on levels and RPs placed on the board.. not counting those in store.. nor Alis. this I really don't see an even choice.
one with no Alis playing against another with 30, even if they have the same level and RPs.. it's obvious the kingdoms are weaker.
I personally figure this as only a new method of inviting players to spend gems.. nothing else. certainly not for the prizes, nor meeting new nbrs as declared. it's your own personal race against other kingdoms.. if you participate. silence rules! fake movements to fool your adversary and desperate strategies against them. the atmosphere of a battle game takes over.

jodi0122
02-16-17, 06:18 AM
This will also be my first.. and last.. competitive event that I will participate in. I did come in 2nd, after spending way too many gems. The rewards are not worth it. In my group, the leader ended up with 41,610 points.. I can't even imagine how many gems they spent.

lulupompidou
02-16-17, 06:40 AM
I won with just over 5,000 points - I used 15 gems but I only did that because I thought there were land permits not trade tickets...so not worth it. I'm level 50 and have played on and off for several years I just never concentrated on expanding and now I want to and it's taking forever. I guess if groups stay the same I'm with people who aren't very motivated to win so that's good. I can't imagine getting 41,000 points!

odiewoof
02-16-17, 06:54 AM
The Jousting Steed also drops 200gold each

odiewoof
02-16-17, 06:55 AM
The castle drops 1000 gold 22 hourly. Useless...

meme1098
02-16-17, 07:05 AM
Yes, as a 'grand' prize the steed should be dropping at least 5 carrots, & at least 5 longswords or silver, & at least a 66% chance for a gold nugget each & every time!
The 1st place winner in my group did it with about 6400 points. I posted on her wall I wouldn't be challenging her for her position, we became neighbors, and the thing became a lot less competitive. Of course, we were lucky no one in the group pulled a triple point gem purchase on the last day so rankings remained the same pretty much for the last 3 days.
As others have stated, I too, will not be participating in another of these events.

odiewoof
02-16-17, 07:25 AM
Yes, as a 'grand' prize the steed should be dropping at least 5 carrots, & at least 5 longswords or silver, & at least a 66% chance for a gold nugget each & every time!
The 1st place winner in my group did it with about 6400 points. I posted on her wall I wouldn't be challenging her for her position, we became neighbors, and the thing became a lot less competitive. Of course, we were lucky no one in the group pulled a triple point gem purchase on the last day so rankings remained the same pretty much for the last 3 days.
As others have stated, I too, will not be participating in another of these events.

You can say that again. Another super fail event.....
I even got the 150 gem tent which is totally deco after event. Dumb.

kendysek
02-16-17, 07:29 AM
I am surprised how much of you got the horses. In my group this was impossible, the first place was more than 25.000, second 15.000, third 11.000. I ended up on 16th place with exactly 3.000 points for that quite useless but pretty castle.

Quite envy those who gave up early. I have to learn to do it so. But I'm competitive and at the beginning I realy think we get something extremely gorgeous and don't want to waste a single hour...
But than I'm reading forum and I realize the prizes are not worth it, but the feeling that I gave too much resources and time and energy for nothing is just unbearable and force me to keep playing. :(

odiewoof
02-16-17, 07:30 AM
And why are such events biased against hardworking old time players who are higher lvls always... Grrr...
I am just glad to have gotten my horse and gold trophy with 3.4k pts.... The rest all gave up when i went up 2k plus points in 1 hr...

daylily9
02-16-17, 08:48 AM
I think S8 got this backwards your suppose to give a great prize first so everyone will want to play! Now no one will want to play and spend gems on such lame prizes! I mean seriously my first drop was 1 carrot, fertilizer and horse hair! I'll be passing next time if this your idea of a great prize!

stargaze91
02-16-17, 08:54 AM
How long will the results of the leaderboard event be displayed in the game screen? I'm irritated and upset to be reminded each time I login to the game ,of the gems I wasted and still ended in third place.

katbtodd
02-16-17, 09:06 AM
I quit playing the event once I got the gaming castle, and was very disappointed that it only drops coins ,Many of you People are up set at the gem you spent for a lame prize, but no body made you play or spend gems ,lesson learned I hope,, I didn't spend one gem and I'm so happy I stoped when I did !!!! I just wish S/8 would see our feedback and know we don't want the leaderboard again,,

dragoniakingdom
02-16-17, 09:18 AM
I echo the feelings of many that have posted here.

Castle Story has never been a game where we *compete* against our neighbours,but a community game where we help each other as much as possible.

This leader board event has left a sour taste & upset both those who *won* the event,due to the poor drops & those who were in a group where they had to compete & fail against heavy gem users.

Please let's not do this type of event again.

lindtball
02-16-17, 09:28 AM
i echo the feelings of many that have posted here.

Castle story has never been a game where we *compete* against our neighbours,but a community game where we help each other as much as possible.

This leader board event has left a sour taste & upset both those who *won* the event,due to the poor drops & those who were in a group where they had to compete & fail against heavy gem users.

Please let's not do this type of event again.

"ditto"

AnisWa
02-16-17, 09:48 AM
Yup. Just a regular horse. A castle with no royal points that only drops coins and a regular horse. Womp womp. And i spent the most I have ever spent on an event gem wise for the crappiest prizes. They are pretty but serve zero purpose. The prizes will have to be WAY better for me to do that again. You won't burn me twice S8

Yes, I totally agree....I did the same thing. Never again!
The horse is worthless.....drops the same as ALL the brown horses we had to buy in a previous event.

FrostyFinn
02-16-17, 10:12 AM
How long will the results of the leaderboard event be displayed in the game screen? I'm irritated and upset to be reminded each time I login to the game ,of the gems I wasted and still ended in third place.

Here, here! It is making me nuts. The third place prize was the worst of the lot. A silly trophy and trade tickets. Yikes when I think of how much I spent, I want to cringe. Like some of you have said, once you go in it is hard to stop, when you have already bought the tent and used up valuable resources like gold nuggets. If I think about how many rocks I chopped to get two measly nuggets which I then feverishly used right away....oh the stupidity. Never again. I even did not do the lederboard events in my other games this go round because I am so bloody disgusted with myself at the moment. Sigh! Got to move on.

riverly
02-16-17, 10:35 AM
The grand prize horse is very pretty( I didn't get it). I do not like these events. I would like it so that everyone who puts in time and resources gets the prize. I would like to have it knowing I put time and effort and even gems to get it. Anyway for now Rouncy looks pretty good with my castle. Good graphics. Please no more competitions. Let us work for our rewards. We deserve it.

monsville13
02-16-17, 10:59 AM
I agree with all the above - groups will never be fair due to GEM users, which is what S8 really wants. Please remove this type of event from castle story.

zoroak
02-16-17, 11:07 AM
The problem is that Storm8 with this event, managed to annoy almost everyone who played the game.
1) The players who believe the leaderboard events are against the community spirit of castle story
2) The players who dislike the stress of competitive events
3) The players who thought even the castle wasn't worth the effort
4) The players who spent enormous amounts of time crafting/cooking/tapping and/or some gems and boosts, only to get disappointing rewards
5) The players who spent enormous amounts of time as above but were pipped to the post at the last minute so they didn't even get the disappointing rewards
6) The legitimate gem spenders who plotted and spent enormous amounts of money/gems and time to get first 2 places, only to get a horse no better in drops than a coin horse. You do not want to alienate this group!

WHY?

I belong to group 4 with the 'and' not 'or' btw...

meme1098
02-16-17, 11:14 AM
The problem is that Storm8 with this event, managed to annoy almost everyone who played the game.
1) The players who believe the leaderboard events are against the community spirit of castle story
4) The players who spent enormous amounts of time crafting/cooking/tapping and/or some gems and boosts, only to get disappointing rewards
5) The players who spent enormous amounts of time as above but were pipped to the post at the last minute so they didn't even get the disappointing rewards
6) The legitimate gem spenders who plotted and spent enormous amounts of money/gems and time to get first 2 places, only to get a horse no better in drops than a coin horse. You do not want to alienate this group!

WHY?

This is very precise & I hope someone from S8 actually reads it!

SpuriousNotion
02-16-17, 11:22 AM
I thought I would add in my opinion. I have not played much other than daily checking in for around a year. I got tired of all the timed updates and storybook quests that did nothing to advance the main storyline or develop the characters, especially because most of the tasks during these timed events are usually very repetitive and uncreative with the occasional rare drop requirement that does not belong in a timed event. When I decided a couple months ago to start playing more, I grew all my unhatched alicorn parts in my Love Shack because all these timed events are very energy intensive and CS is not what it once was, now focused more on encouraging gem use than the leisurely play that got me so addicted. Anyway, now I am seeing this royal game event shortly after coming back. I am thinking yet another thing to encourage gem use and yet another excuse not to advance the storyline and character development. I used no extra energy and not one gem to get to 3000 points in this event and that is exactly where I stopped. I have no intention of participating in another. I am not playing CS to compete against anyone.

linmii
02-16-17, 11:29 AM
This event was the least enjoyable challenge I've ever participated in with CS. I wanted the horse and trade tickets and managed to win my bracket (which wasn't super competitive,) but it feels like a hollow victory. Winning at the expense of other players just doesn't feel like "fun" to me.

I began playing CS because of the charming STORY, characters and buildings. S8, please go back to those attributes of the game.

laughingpaperfox
02-16-17, 11:30 AM

WHY?

1, 2, 4 and 6 here. I didn't even participate in whatever the last event was. The rewards for the effort involved are junk.
I should have known that this "new" event was also junk. Just another horse like the ones from the barons tent that I don't need to bother anyone for.

Alohatami
02-16-17, 11:32 AM
...BUT what got me was the golden nugget helmet.... I had three nuggets and really did not want to use them, but I ended up with three requests for helms on my request.... so I used one to clear the quest, and was then limited to just the one section for creating items. This is MAD because the nugget is a random drop and cannot be bought with gems or acquired any other way than at random... so I was at the mercy of a random drop which, by the way, never happened.

This was my big fear during the event- being blocked by only helms. If I wasn't harvesting carrots, cabbages, or red petals, I was chopping rocks. I did manage to get a few gold nuggets, and was really trying not to use them all, but I did. I even decided to spend 15 gems in the final two hours for the boost, only because I was trying to make 2300 to get the castle. Until that point I was just under 300 short, and would have missed it without the boost.

But I also wanted to mention that a nugget could be purchased for gems on the helm crafting screen. But at 80 gems for one nugget (i.e. $4) it was ridiculously expensive. Even if I had had enough gems, I would never have spent that much on a single gold nuggets. If I had gotten trapped by three helms, that would have been the end of the event for me.

katbtodd
02-16-17, 11:35 AM

WHY?

S/8 needs to read our feed back. We are not happy campers

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 11:38 AM
I thought I would add in my opinion. I have not played much other than daily checking in for around a year. I got tired of all the timed updates and storybook quests that did nothing to advance the main storyline or develop the characters, especially because most of the tasks during these timed events are usually very repetitive and uncreative with the occasional rare drop requirement that does not belong in a timed event. When I decided a couple months ago to start playing more, I grew all my unhatched alicorn parts in my Love Shack because all these timed events are very energy intensive and CS is not what it once was, now focused more on encouraging gem use than the leisurely play that got me so addicted. Anyway, now I am seeing this royal game event shortly after coming back. I am thinking yet another thing to encourage gem use and yet another excuse not to advance the storyline and character development. I used no extra energy and not one gem to get to 3000 points in this event and that is exactly where I stopped. I have no intention of participating in another. I am not playing CS to compete against anyone.

I think I may just do the same next time. Don't need the stress. I did notice in my group that we all stabilised in the last few days and stayed at the same ranking. So once I made the decision to go for the steed unless there was crazy jumps at the end it seemed that was the way it was going to go. I woke this morning to find I got second. So I was happy but I do think if it happens again I'll either not play at all or get to the top goal and stop.

katbtodd
02-16-17, 11:42 AM
If all stayed at same points in the leaderboard we all get the top prize ,,

MoonVillage3
02-16-17, 12:20 PM
If all stayed at same points in the leaderboard we all get the top prize ,,
I think so too.. I had same position with a nbr.. we had same points and same rank.. and final LB results are both in the same position and same prize. it was not for 1st position.. but was accepted by LB.

katbtodd
02-16-17, 12:34 PM
I think so too.. I had same position with a nbr.. we had same points and same rank.. and final LB results are both in the same position and same prize. it was not for 1st position.. but was accepted by LB.

it's a way we all get the top prizes ,some people are just to competitive

janddolphins
02-16-17, 12:39 PM
I'm quite disappointed in myself, looking back now I too realize just how many silver runes I use for boosts thinking nothing of it and now I'm down to two. Not that I have an immediate use for them with my gold still so low, but still they were hard to earn and I lost them for 12th place. I didn't spend gems as I saw there was no way in my group I would be in the top. 20 minutes in and we had 2 players in the thousands.

I would much rather of had a monster hunt! Remember those!? I wonder if ever they will come back. I know it's not part of the main storyline which I want as well, but of anything off story it would have to be the monster hunts that I love, not a competitive leaderboard.

Wonkaland99
02-16-17, 12:46 PM
Thank goodness this event is over. I'm not going to say I will not enter the next event - too much of an addict for that - but I will certainly think twice.

I went to bed an hour before the end, when I was in second place, and I was pleased to see I was still there this morning. The winner had almost 9000 points, almost twice my own total, and I was only a small amount ahead of the players in 3rd and 4th place.

To achieve this I spent;-
22 gems
70 bronze and 70 silver runes
10 gold nuggets
2 x 25 energy chests
5 x 10 energy chests
All my red dye and red petals
Most of my carrots and cabbages
50 of my carefully hoarded icy willows
200,000+ coins.

I had the game open at least 12 hours out of every 24, and a lot of my points came from the usual mindless tree and rock chopping. I am glad of the 15 trade tickets, but was it worth the resources spent? Probably not.

So PLEASE S8, no more leaderboard events! If you read the feedback it is about 90% negative, so PLEASE listen to us. Give us a Monster Hunt, and soon.

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 01:08 PM
I'm quite disappointed in myself, looking back now I too realize just how many silver runes I use for boosts thinking nothing of it and now I'm down to two. Not that I have an immediate use for them with my gold still so low, but still they were hard to earn and I lost them for 12th place. I didn't spend gems as I saw there was no way in my group I would be in the top. 20 minutes in and we had 2 players in the thousands.

I would much rather of had a monster hunt! Remember those!? I wonder if ever they will come back. I know it's not part of the main storyline which I want as well, but of anything off story it would have to be the monster hunts that I love, not a competitive leaderboard.

That's my biggest loss in this event all my silver runes. I have around 5 left. Spent the L ast 36 hours or so without workshop or kitchen boosters.

meme1098
02-16-17, 01:38 PM
Please someone at S8....the Royal Games are over & you can remove the Game icon on the rightside of the screen now!!

robotparade
02-16-17, 01:40 PM
Please someone at S8....the Royal Games are over & you can remove the Game icon on the rightside of the screen now!!

Hear hear - get rid of it!

CeceGma
02-16-17, 01:50 PM
I can't understand how an hour before it ended a player sitting in #9 gains over 6000 pts to finish first.

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 01:55 PM
I can't understand how an hour before it ended a player sitting in #9 gains over 6000 pts to finish first.

Maybe they saved up all their crafting to guess what they would need then hemmed that boost and saved all their energy too to hit rocks etc. Or just bought loads of those fancy trees.

planetyarnia
02-16-17, 02:00 PM
On the plus side I did make a great new neighbour who felt the same as I did about this event!
Glass half full and all that...

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-17, 02:01 PM

I suspect with the recent redundancies they're struggling to get out results screen moved and the new update live.

Alohatami
02-16-17, 02:01 PM
I would much rather of had a monster hunt!
Me, too!!!!!
I have had the Princess Lorelei's Fountain quest on my task list for months. If they don't do any more monster hunts, I'll never get to finish that one.

idrispad
02-16-17, 02:05 PM
I suspect that the deciding factor in whether there is another of these events is not the player feedback but how much money they made from gems.

ShibuyaCloth
02-16-17, 03:07 PM
here, my hard earned bronze trophy ( with 28k ):eek::rolleyes:

Perfect. Now I can close the pics thread!

Andro45
02-16-17, 05:14 PM
I didn't put much effort in these games. I didn't craft much, because I wouldn't spend my gold nuggets. And I didn't spend any gems. So the points gathered were from monsters, game trees (not bought) and some dead trees. Finished 5th with 807 points and with my other kingdom I finished 6th with a whopping 132 points...LOL

Was happy with the trade tickets, because that way I could buy the tinker camp a lot faster.

So no stress here. I must say I found the rewards a bit dissapointing. I'm sure that Storm8 could have come up with much better rewards, to stimulate and ensure future participation.

coolssp
02-16-17, 06:23 PM
Didn't get any request for honey cakes through out the event, so have 2 sitting in the inventory :(

TerraRanomi
02-17-17, 04:47 AM
Pretty good drop from the steed this morning:
1 horse hair, 1 carrot, 1 sugar, 1 longsword & 1 light armor.

meme1098
02-17-17, 06:56 AM

Wow...I think you hit the jackpot there, TerraRanomi. :D

ktorewqas
02-17-17, 07:54 AM
Wow, I only got hair, carrot, or sugar ... Waiting...

caron7
02-17-17, 09:15 AM
Didn't get any request for honey cakes through out the event, so have 2 sitting in the inventory :(

same here. it would be helpful to know what triggered the request, since the point value was so high. but there seems to be no consensus on that. was it simply random? a few more game instructions would sure be helpful for these types of events.

EsmeW2
02-17-17, 10:21 AM
I'm enjoying my new Royal walls and gates in both my games. I do think that the art work was great. I never got as far as getting the castle, but I don't need another bit of deco. By a weird chance I came second on my lower level game - where no-one was giving much effort - with just 2,000 points and got the horsie. He's pretty too, but so far the drops from him haven't been great - I did get a sword and armour from him one but the last one was just coins. On the other game I came 16th with the same number of points!

I don't like these competitive events, and hope we don't get more of them - but do think that some of the items we've been getting recently are really beautifully drawn even if a bit useless game-wise.

Den8137259
02-17-17, 10:23 AM
★ I don't get Honeycakes requests either .. it's a trick menu then lol

EsmeW2
02-17-17, 10:27 AM
★ I don't get Honeycakes requests either .. it's a trick menu then lol

Is this one answered earlier in this thread? I think it was triggered by using Gems to increase the drops. Maybe someone can confirm. I know I saw one right at the end when I was trying to get to the royal gates on one of my games and had done one of the boosts. Too late to use for me though as there were only a few minutes to go!

scavaig
02-17-17, 11:06 AM
Is this one answered earlier in this thread? I think it was triggered by using Gems to increase the drops. Maybe someone can confirm. I know I saw one right at the end when I was trying to get to the royal gates on one of my games and had done one of the boosts. Too late to use for me though as there were only a few minutes to go!

Sorry ... I got them twice - once near the start of the event and once later ... And I never used any gems. For me they had a timer so had to be completed/delivered in a specific time.

I wasn't really competing though so wasn't bothered.

For me it was Just random I think... But I guess I could have been cos I wasn't trying. Is the game that clever???

scavaig
02-17-17, 11:17 AM
Wow...I think you hit the jackpot there, TerraRanomi. :D

Hmmmmm..... Carrot, hair, sugar, sword, armour, coins... Even all together it's Hardly what I would call a 'jackpot' ;-)

But I guess everything is relative...

TerraRanomi
02-17-17, 11:34 AM
Hmmmmm..... Carrot, hair, sugar, sword, armour, coins... Even all together it's Hardly what I would call a 'jackpot' ;-)

Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed with the drops after spending so much resources, energy & gems. But for a horse these are really nice drops. :)

ShibuyaCloth
02-17-17, 11:36 AM
Updated the pics and info: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97266-Royal-Games!-9-15-February-2017-*info-in-post-2*&p=1395140&viewfull=1#post1395140

Should be all now

scavaig
02-17-17, 11:37 AM
Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed with the drops after spending so much resources, energy & gems. But for a horse these are really nice drops. :)

Yes indeed..... It's all relative... Good drops for a horse ;-)

TerraRanomi
02-17-17, 11:39 AM
Updated the pics and info: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97266-Royal-Games!-9-15-February-2017-*info-in-post-2*&p=1395140&viewfull=1#post1395140

Should be all now

Thanks! The steed also drops sugar and light armor btw.

meme1098
02-17-17, 11:46 AM

Yes indeed..... It's all relative... Good drops for a horse ;-)

Yea...that's kinda what I meant...jackpot for a plain ol' horse...lol.

cheers196
02-17-17, 12:42 PM

Did you get all of these in one collection?? I got a light armor for the first collection but horse hair only after that, which I am maxed out...

TerraRanomi
02-17-17, 01:00 PM
Did you get all of these in one collection?? I got a light armor for the first collection but horse hair only after that, which I am maxed out...

Yes, it was the first time though. Usually it drops 3 or 4 items (plus an occassional black flag).

PurpleScorpion76
02-17-17, 01:13 PM
Yes, it was the first time though. Usually it drops 3 or 4 items (plus an occassional black flag).

Black flag?

TerraRanomi
02-17-17, 01:38 PM
Black flag?

You know, when an item drops but you're maxed out on that item. :)

ShibuyaCloth
02-17-17, 02:23 PM
Thanks! The steed also drops sugar and light armor btw.

Fixed! Thanks

parlski
02-17-17, 02:31 PM
Black flag?

punk rock group.

PurpleScorpion76
02-17-17, 03:15 PM
You know, when an item drops but you're maxed out on that item. :)

Ah yes of course. I was thinking the pirates were back!

rulerofjennyville
02-17-17, 04:26 PM

It's what my level 5 horsetrack drops. Still I would have liked a steed. It was just too difficult to get one.

Smr1019
02-20-17, 06:28 PM
Wow..i feel left out. I was so busy doing other quests on my kingdom. I havent been on the message boards and never knew about this event. Never even got an update on this event..darn😞😢

rulerofjennyville
02-20-17, 06:33 PM
Wow..i feel left out. I was so busy doing other quests on my kingdom. I havent been on the message boards and never knew about this event. Never even got an update on this event..darn����

This wasn't one of their better events. The castle just drops coins and to get the steed you had to finish first in a group.

Wonkaland99
02-21-17, 03:45 AM
This wasn't one of their better events. The castle just drops coins and to get the steed you had to finish first in a group.

Or second!