PDA

View Full Version : Royal Games! - 9-15 February, 2017 | *info in post 2*

Pages : 1 [2] 3

idrispad
02-11-17, 01:52 AM
It occurred to me just now that the odds are weighted against those living in certain time zones. They could go to bed in 1st position only to wake up to find themselves way down the ranks and the contest over. Other players will have had the chance to do just enough to move up the ranks at the end of the contest.

I am only playing until I get the last individual proze. After that, I'm done. I refuse to spend gems on a Gamble.

MoonVillage3
02-11-17, 01:56 AM
It occurred to me just now that the odds are weighted against those living in certain time zones. They could go to bed in 1st position only to wake up to find themselves way down the ranks and the contest over. Other players will have had the chance to do just enough to move up the ranks at the end of the contest.

I am only playing until I get the last individual proze. After that, I'm done. I refuse to spend gems on a Gamble.

not necessarily you loose your position if you leave your total 2,000 more than others.. unless someone gems over you. it's not possible with normal play to go so far in one night.

cavegirl1
02-11-17, 02:03 AM
Advice to fellow players: save your gems and buy yourself an Ali, which will give you energy as long as you play and not horsehair, if you're tempted to spend.
It's more constructive!

Very wise advice!

idrispad
02-11-17, 02:10 AM
not necessarily you loose your position if you leave your total 2,000 more than others.. unless someone gems over you. it's not possible with normal play to go so far in one night.

The only way to get 2000 ahead is with heavy gem use and it is absolutelynot guaranted that will save you.

Of course they are at a disadvantage. There is always some disadvantage to being ins a time zone where an event finishes in the middle of the night but in situations where you are only competing with yourself, you can make sure (or at least do your best to make sure) you complete it before night.

Many players would consider the tactic of spending gems right at the very end to do just enough to take them into prize position. This is far more difficult for a player in an unfavourable time zone.

Events finish at 8am for me so this wouldn't affect me too much but I would still be in a worse position than someone who finishes at the end of the day (or whatever time they finish at in S8 Land!)

All round, this is a rubbish and unfair event and I refuse to take part in the leaderboard part. I will also not be spending a single gem whereas I usually would in an ordinary event.

scavaig
02-11-17, 02:29 AM
For this reason.. beloved GEMMERS will ALWAYS win this contest.
Normal players even if they have a good position.. CANNOT COMPETE with them for the first 2 POSITIONS.
It's a USELESS race.

NO.. it results to me that groups have NOT BEEN SORTED EQUALLY.

WHO WINS IS WHO USES MORE GEMS!

Why then not put the first prize in a VALUE PACK FOR SALE?
Instead of declaring it's a contest?
So S8 can collect their daily money?

IT'S AGAIN.. WHO OBTAINS.. IS WHO SPENDS MOST.

THIS IS NOT AN ABILITY CONTEST.. IT'S AN AUCTION!
WHO OFFERS MOST.. WINS!

Agree with this completely.

MoonVillage3
02-11-17, 03:20 AM
The only way to get 2000 ahead is with heavy gem use and it is absolutelynot guaranted that will save you.......
.......All round, this is a rubbish and unfair event and I refuse to take part in the leaderboard part. I will also not be spending a single gem whereas I usually would in an ordinary event.

I fully agree with you.. RUBBISH & UNFAIR!
UNFORTUNATELY!

Unfortunately too it has become a PERMANENT PART of our game!
Look in the FAQ section of our game menu.. it has been added there as a description of our game :mad:

I choose and invested in this game purposly as DID NOT have LEADERBOARD CONTESTS.. now.. it has been changed into one that will PERMANENTLY have inserts. This was NOT my choice! Not appreciated at all :mad:

Den8137259
02-11-17, 03:45 AM
★ I've always love Castle and Dragon Story, but with introduction of the LB games, I see them as lame :p

★ not liking the LB, it does not guarantee the main prize all for the same effort put in ..

★ only gemmers and TL voted yes enough to make it permanent feature ★

PurpleScorpion76
02-11-17, 04:32 AM

That's exactly the position I am in. I'm tracking my groups progress with. The times I check in with their totals. I'm in the UK. And I should go to bed at 9pm. If I do that on Wednesday evening I lose the last 3 hours of game play. And potentially a productive working day on the Thursday. So far I've noticed I go to bed ahead by around 200 points, the first morning I woke to find I was 6th, this morning 3rd. I'm currently 2nd. It also helps to see who in my group is playing at what times. But so far most of those playing during my night time are quite behind so far only 1 or 2 have upped their game in the last 12 hours or so. Most of Europe will lose out but those in the U.K. may just scrape by with a decent total. If I come 2nd I'll be very happy. But I've been starting to think like other players the castle is a good prize. I'm almost half way there without gem spending though I did speed up a beef stew earlier when I needed to put a pork loin on the hob. I don't buy gems just gain them in the game through various means. Do I need another steed? No, through all the recent quests to raise animals etc I have a ridiculous amount in my inventory and around 14 on my board including a Christmas one. The guy/gal ahead of me is currently 300 ahead of me. Though I have a few tricks up my sleeve to potential game play on the final evening but if he goes further ahead I won't be concerned with catching him. I don't want to use all my gems that I've earned on getting first. The trade tickets are a nice addition to the prize. That's my main reason for wanting to be high up on the ranks.

MoonVillage3
02-11-17, 04:43 AM
Wise move.. but cheaper to make Trade Tickets with your free material than use of gemming anything. They're not Building Permits.. which would have been much more attractive.

katbtodd
02-11-17, 04:52 AM
I found that chopping rocks was the best use of energy. Besides getting a lot of points, I also got 19 gold nuggets which was helpful in crafting the helmets. The RG trees give a lot of points too. I did 19 chops to get the points, but didn't do the last chop so I could keep the tree as deco.

Been chopping rocks like crazy not one gold nugget for me ..

RevdKathy
02-11-17, 05:00 AM
That's exactly the position I am in. I'm tracking my groups progress with. The times I check in with their totals. I'm in the UK. And I should go to bed at 9pm. If I do that on Wednesday evening I lose the last 3 hours of game play. And potentially a productive working day on the Thursday. So far I've noticed I go to bed ahead by around 200 points, the first morning I woke to find I was 6th, this morning 3rd. I'm currently 2nd. It also helps to see who in my group is playing at what times. But so far most of those playing during my night time are quite behind so far only 1 or 2 have upped their game in the last 12 hours or so. Most of Europe will lose out but those in the U.K. may just scrape by with a decent total. If I come 2nd I'll be very happy. But I've been starting to think like other players the castle is a good prize. I'm almost half way there without gem spending though I did speed up a beef stew earlier when I needed to put a pork loin on the hob. I don't buy gems just gain them in the game through various means. Do I need another steed? No, through all the recent quests to raise animals etc I have a ridiculous amount in my inventory and around 14 on my board including a Christmas one. The guy/gal ahead of me is currently 300 ahead of me. Though I have a few tricks up my sleeve to potential game play on the final evening but if he goes further ahead I won't be concerned with catching him. I don't want to use all my gems that I've earned on getting first. The trade tickets are a nice addition to the prize. That's my main reason for wanting to be high up on the ranks.

I have the same problem, I'm in the UK and have a hellish day at work on the Wednesday plus a hairdresser appointment in the evening (it was the only time she could fit me in). So no matter what I do I'm going to be in the lower ranks. I'm sure using our IP info they could have grouped people by region which would have been fairer.

I really really dislike this feature. It appears it's now been added as a regular item. If it's once a year, I'll tolerate it but I suspect it will be a frequent thing. I promised myself I'd stay with the game till I got up to date with the story line, but at this rate I may not last that long.

caron7
02-11-17, 05:18 AM
I'm thinking the exact thing right now.. Especially hearing the castle prize is only coins :confused: and we have no idea if the horse for 1st and second place will be like Destrier and drop energy or if will just be the reg horse drops.. The prizes don't really seem worth it at this point.

has this been confirmed yet? i'm reading through but don't see confirmation of drops anywhere, besides a single coin collection. and the horse can only be speculation at this point, i think, unless S8 has given more info. i don't see anything on post 1. thank you.

cavegirl1
02-11-17, 05:55 AM
Just read the FAQ reference to the Royal Games (after reading Moon's post)

Quote "Compete ... In a fun and friendly way"

Quote "You'll compete for incredible prizes"

I think the FAQ has turned into fairytale ... They are using their imagine there, rather than in continuing the story line ...

spanisheyes1
02-11-17, 06:11 AM
I have tried reading through the rest of the stuff here but 27 pages is a mind blower so I appologise if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere.
The chests that you recieve along the way, both the game blurb and the info on page one say the same thing.
I just opened my first and all I got were some shield things. I also got more from chopping a banner tree. They do not show in my inventory and I
have no idea what they are and what the are for. Can someone elighten me please?

zoroak
02-11-17, 06:21 AM
I have tried reading through the rest of the stuff here but 27 pages is a mind blower so I appologise if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere.
The chests that you recieve along the way, both the game blurb and the info on page one say the same thing.
I just opened my first and all I got were some shield things. I also got more from chopping a banner tree. They do not show in my inventory and I
have no idea what they are and what the are for. Can someone elighten me please?

The shields are not inventory items or deco, they symbolise the points you get for the games.

PrincessCelestian
02-11-17, 06:26 AM
Look under the "shop" tab in the event. There are 2 boosts that can be purchased for gems.

I guess I got confused by the wording. I was looking for something different from the Knights nobility. I thought a 3x boost had been added and then I realized that one had gone from 2x to 3x

riverly
02-11-17, 07:17 AM
I am so sick of cooking pork loins!!

rulerofjennyville
02-11-17, 07:22 AM

I'm playing a bit but I refuse to give up gold nuggets so I won't craft the helmet.

meme1098
02-11-17, 07:34 AM

This is so true! I'm in the Central Time Zone & woke up this morning to 3rd place. So even if I'm 1st when I go to bed (2am is a new S8 day for me) I could drop like a rock over night to #19 or 20.
We may be ranked by level but time zones create an unfair advantage S8.

S8, I want to know if we're ever gonna go back to the storyline or it's now just 1 timed event after another!?!?! Story is why we're here, remember?

I'm just sick of cooking & crafting the same things over & over. Can't the requests rotate to something different after awhile.
And why aren't we actually Jousting using all the helmets & lances I've crafted???

I don't expect any answers from S8 just back to monotonous, mindless tasks.

jbfps116
02-11-17, 07:38 AM
You missed using the sarcasm font on the word 'only' ;) ;) ;)

well it's cheap compared to other goals you could gem on like 1000 for those horses a while back!!!

jbfps116
02-11-17, 07:50 AM
S8, I want to know if we're ever gonna go back to the storyline or it's now just 1 timed event after another!?!?! Story is why we're here, remember?

the update did mention something about Ivy finding her true love... not sure if that counts for main storyline though!!

cyndora
02-11-17, 07:51 AM
so instead of introducing another community headache....why not tweek the sky pirate elves after all the complaints , and make that a little better since that seems like its here to stay? if not , and it was a random thought of a developer , let us remove it, since a lot of players are not even using it.... so much effort goes into things that ARE NOT fun, but all those other things you introduced are sitting in storage.....i just dont get this game any more.
is this game shutting down and all these events are last attempts to grab as much as you can ??

me and i know many others out there , want the old game back.

and whats with the expansion permits? i think its wonderful you gave lower level players another avenue to gain those besides trades, but will we EVER get to use them????????????????????

TerraRanomi
02-11-17, 08:03 AM
BtW... anyone wondering where is Ivy's new lover?

the update did mention something about Ivy finding her true love... not sure if that counts for main storyline though!!

Totally slipped my mind. Sounds main story to me, guess we'll find out after this event.

AnnirasSweets
02-11-17, 08:24 AM
I planned on stopping at the castle. However I seem to have missed the pop up when I actually got the thing so I ended up wasting energy! I'm so embarrassed! Moral of the story is slow down when chopping.

meme1098
02-11-17, 08:32 AM
I planned on stopping at the castle. However I seem to have missed the pop up when I actually got the thing so I ended up wasting energy! I'm so embarrassed! Moral of the story is slow down when chopping.

Haha...please let us know about your drops.

dragon2046
02-11-17, 08:42 AM
If this is the future of S8 me and my money will be gone :(. I wish they would just inform us that they are not going back to the story line and they are not going back to the wonderful fun game we know and love. If this is it S8, if this is the future of this game then just do one last update to the crown thing and state end of story line so us long term players can decide if we stay or go. To me that is fair, especially after the long time financial support of your players. This update is horrible it goes against everything CS has stood for. Soooo disappointed :/ This is the first event I will not complete ever in castle story that is how much I hate being pitted against fellow players. :( Again this is just my opinion of course :/

AnisWa
02-11-17, 09:02 AM
Of course, we get to cook beef stew for 6 hrs, needing cabbages that take 16 hrs to grow (8hrs if using Elven boost) gold nuggets that still are rare for some players.
Storyline? We got no stinking storyline....that's far, far, away in never land.
I still can't over, I started this at 3:00 pm (est) on Thursday; today is Saturday, my timer is saying 4 days left. ???

gilachaya
02-11-17, 09:37 AM
I cooked the wrong dish (beef stew) instead of pork loin. When I collected it, it didn't go into my inventory. I realize it wouldn't count for getting points but it should have gone into my inventory as a memento the way extras did in past events.

MoonVillage3
02-11-17, 09:41 AM
If this is the future of S8 me and my money will be gone :(. I wish they would just inform us that they are not going back to the story line and they are not going back to the wonderful fun game we know and love. If this is it S8, if this is the future of this game then just do one last update to the crown thing and state end of story line so us long term players can decide if we stay or go. To me that is fair, especially after the long time financial support of your players. This update is horrible it goes against everything CS has stood for. Soooo disappointed :/ This is the first event I will not complete ever in castle story that is how much I hate being pitted against fellow players. :( Again this is just my opinion of course :/

Seems to me 99% of the opinions are negative.. I've honestly read only 1 positive post. But let's not get too involved.. we do have the choice of NOT participating, or intentionally just get our final prize without doing the ranking rates and ignoring who's on the LB. That way we're easy and it will be like a community event.

Good news should be here next week or after.. a storyline event :) You can see reading your App Store CS details. Let's get ready and consentrate on that. Save your Silver instead of boosting everything! You might just need it them in the Elven cloud update. And then also maybe we will see Ivy's prince. ;)

Adding picture of US CS's App update to read for yourselves! Europe's update page has not been translated like theirs. Fun-time will be here!

spanisheyes1
02-11-17, 09:58 AM

The shields are not inventory items or deco, they symbolise the points you get for the games.
Sorry I am bringing this back but I am even more confused.
The info and blurb says - Mystery Box - contains points, energy, royalbeams or royal games trees.
I cannot say for absolute certainty but I got no more than 20 points, being optimistic. No energy, beams or anything else. Is that it?

ShibuyaCloth
02-11-17, 10:16 AM
The info and blurb says - Mystery Box - contains points, energy, royalbeams or royal games trees.
I cannot say for absolute certainty but I got no more than 20 points, being optimistic. No energy, beams or anything else. Is that it?

First I got points, second a tree, 3rd points again. So yes 1 item random.

PrincessCupOButter
02-11-17, 10:17 AM

I got points only for my first 3 mystery chests. The fourth gave me two royal games trees. Those say 'collect' and when you do, they go into inventory. I've yet to see a Royal beam or any energy.
Once again, wording is the issue. It really should say "could contain". The pessimist in me can't help but wonder if all of these ambiguous descriptions are not deliberate, just to confuse people. (Just one Example of many....The chocolate fountain on sale now is deco only but the description sure sounds like it drops chocolate....)

AnnirasSweets
02-11-17, 10:23 AM
All of my mystery chests had trees in them, excluding the second which was 25 energy crate. I had hoards of beams and pretty much all other materials needed. Seems like maybe it depended on level or current point standing? Not sure but the results were definitely wildly varied.

nateryd
02-11-17, 10:26 AM
I've stopped at the castle.. And cashed in all the things I made. I'm happy with this! I don't want to compete anymore. We don't even know ( again) what the grand prize is actually good for. Not worth it to me. Bought an Ali instead 🙈

robotparade
02-11-17, 10:44 AM

I haven't had ONE SINGLE request for Honey Cakes. S8 seems to roll out these events without thinking about the actual play experience for the end user.

TerraRanomi
02-11-17, 10:49 AM
I've stopped at the castle.. And cashed in all the things I made. I'm happy with this! I don't want to compete anymore. We don't even know ( again) what the grand prize is actually good for. Not worth it to me. Bought an Ali instead 

Yes, always so mysterious. Wish they'd give us more info on the steed. (Please let us know what the castle drops!)

arikasi
02-11-17, 11:04 AM
For those that play Dragon story or other events like this. Are the items you craft the same every week? And is the main prize (castle here) repeated? Or do they change?

Also waiting to find out what the castle drops before I decide if its worth trying for.

Thank you!

riverly
02-11-17, 11:25 AM
I haven't had ONE SINGLE request for Honey Cakes. S8 seems to roll out these events without thinking about the actual play experience for the end user.Has anybody gotten a request yet? There is no point value listed on first post. Seems odd.

Why all the mystery? Can't we know what we are working toward?

My guess is that there is no usefulness of end results.

PrincessCupOButter
02-11-17, 11:29 AM
I haven't had ONE SINGLE request for Honey Cakes. S8 seems to roll out these events without thinking about the actual play experience for the end user.

I'm not sure what I did to trigger the requests for honey cakes, but when they do show up, they are worth 60 points and have a four hour timer. Since getting them, I've also been randomly getting requests for long swords, 40 points with a four hour timer. I have no idea what happens if the timer expires.
All I really want is this event to end. Bring on Ivy's new lover! Maybe she'll brew up a potion that turns him into a frog. :rolleyes:

nateryd
02-11-17, 11:32 AM
They should start calling this game castle of mysteries :p
I've also had no requests for the honey cakes

sunnygirl634
02-11-17, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure what I did to trigger the requests for honey cakes, but when they do show up, they are worth 60 points and have a four hour timer. Since getting them, I've also been randomly getting requests for long swords, 40 points with a four hour timer. I have no idea what happens if the timer expires.
All I really want is this event to end. Bring on Ivy's new lover! Maybe she'll brew up a potion that turns him into a frog. :rolleyes:

I too have been receiving them. I don't know if it was a coincidence but I think I started getting the request after I reached 2000 points. I have received several requests for them now and they always have the four hour time. I'm out of sap, so I'm going to let the request I have now expire.

Add me to the list of people only going towards the castle. The top two people in my group are so far out ahead that they only way for me to have a chance is to spend an insane amount of gems and it's just not worth it. Ready for this one to be over. I don't like this competition between kingdoms.

kattkrazie
02-11-17, 11:49 AM
This is just a community event where everyone is on equal-footing to get all of the prizes with the exception of the steed that few of us even want. We just have to get a pre-determined amount of points (3,000) to get the prizes, like all previous community events. S8 threw in an extra dimension for those who like to compete.

I have said this before, but I did not have to use any gems to get all of the prizes, just energy. While I'm sure that gems are useful for those who don't have energy resources, normal play will get most players all of the prizes. It just takes a little strategy.

PrincessCupOButter
02-11-17, 11:55 AM
I too have been receiving them. I don't know if it was a coincidence but I think I started getting the request after I reached 2000 points. I have received several requests for them now and they always have the four hour time. I'm out of sap, so I'm going to let the request I have now expire.

Add me to the list of people only going towards the castle. The top two people in my group are so far out ahead that they only way for me to have a chance is to spend an insane amount of gems and it's just not worth it. Ready for this one to be over. I don't like this competition between kingdoms.

Agreed about not enjoying the competitive aspect, and also what it would take to even compete. Lol The leader in my group has right at 20k. Is there a prize for most points overall? :D

I'm currently at a little over 1600, so it must not be # of points. :confused: I was thinking maybe a certain # of trades triggered it? But I haven't kept track of how many I've done.

riverly
02-11-17, 12:01 PM
60 points for the cakes. Yeah I'd definitely would like to see a few of them pop up.
My group is neck and neck for the top 3. So I guess we'll see, it might be a nail biter.

PrincessCupOButter
02-11-17, 12:11 PM
This is just a community event where everyone is on equal-footing to get all of the prizes with the exception of the steed that few of us even want. We just have to get a pre-determined amount of points (3,000) to get the prizes, like all previous community events. S8 threw in an extra dimension for those who like to compete..

I have said this before, but I did not have to use any gems to get all of the prizes, just energy. While I'm sure that gems are useful for those who don't have energy resources, normal play will get most players all of the prizes. It just takes a little strategy.

Katt, my apologies if anything I've posted has hurt or offended you. I love gemmers, because I appreciate all the help you give us. Without you, I'm certain I'd never have completed even half the timed events.

My criticism is reserved solely for S8 and the non-stop barrage of timed events. I'd rather wait 6 months for an update, if it means we can get back to a good old, long term, untimed, story update. I'd shout for joy at the sight of one of those.

I don't nessessarily think competition is a bad thing, but I admit I'm not a competitive person. My personal goal is the castle, which is more than likely bound for storage due to lack of space. :(. I apologize for my pessimism, but events like this do not seem to draw out the best in people.
As you have reminded us, we are seeing a lot of resentment and discontent. That is always around for sure, during all events, but this one does seem a bit more extreme.

Again, I apologize to you and other individuals I personally may have offended. But to S8, no apologies.....They need to look at the poll and suggestion threads and see what players are actually asking for.

kattkrazie
02-11-17, 12:20 PM
Katt, my apologies if anything I've posted has hurt or offended you. I love gemmers, because I appreciate all the help you give us. Without you, I'm certain I'd never have completed even half the timed events.

My criticism is reserved solely for S8 and the non-stop barrage of timed events. I'd rather wait 6 months for an update, if it means we can get back to a good old, long term, untimed, story update. I'd shout for joy at the sight of one of those.

I don't nessessarily think competition is a bad thing, but I admit I'm not a competitive person. My personal goal is the castle, which is more than likely bound for storage due to lack of space. :(. I apologize for my pessimism, but events like this do not seem to draw out the best in people.
As you have reminded us, we are seeing a lot of resentment and discontent. That is always around for sure, during all events, but this one does seem a bit more extreme.

Again, I apologize to you and other individuals I personally may have offended. But to S8, no apologies.....They need to look at the poll and suggestion threads and see what players are actually asking for.

Yikes! I edited my post but now it will live on in your post. Lol.

You didn't offend me at all. One of my neighbors did. That's why I took out much of my original post. It was too general.

PrincessCupOButter
02-11-17, 12:31 PM
Yikes! I edited my post but now it will live on in your post. Lol.

You didn't offend me at all. One of my neighbors did. That's why I took out much of my original post. It was too general.

I fixed it!!! (Sorry about that!) But what you said is true. And it did cause me to step back and rethink my attitude, about this game and these events, so I, at least, needed to 'hear' it.:o

TerraRanomi
02-11-17, 12:39 PM
Oops! I'm sorry about that! Maybe Spiritwind will edit the quote later (hopefully). But what you said is true. And it did cause me to step back and rethink my attitude, about this game and these events, so I, at least, needed to 'hear' it.:o

Can't you copy/paste an edited post to your reply and delete the original one?

Close to getting the castle now & I'm first place(!) so I might try for the steed as well.

scavaig
02-11-17, 01:04 PM
me and i know many others out there , want the old game back.

and whats with the expansion permits? i think its wonderful you gave lower level players another avenue to gain those besides trades, but will we EVER get to use them????????????????????

Agree with this.

But cyn..... It's not expansion permits they are giving away .... It's only trade tickets.

The top prize is 20 ... So 2/3 of an expansion permit.

As someone said you could get more than twenty trade tickets just using the energy for milk/ eggs exchange.

It's not worth it ..... And Please s8 please get back to castle story

kooky panda
02-11-17, 01:21 PM
For those that play Dragon story or other events like this. Are the items you craft the same every week? And is the main prize (castle here) repeated? Or do they change?

Also waiting to find out what the castle drops before I decide if its worth trying for.

Thank you!

I am going assume that Castle Leaderboards will be similar to Dragon leaderboards. Since you are grouped with random players, you may have really hard competition or you may just breeze through it. Of course someone that spends a lot of gems will be able gain more points.

Do not stress, Leaderboards are not everyone's couple of tea and it is optional.

For each of Dragon's leaderboards we have had different prize dragons and different millstone prizes so I would guess that any future Castle leaderboards will be different too.

DMVdoll
02-11-17, 01:26 PM
This is the worst event of all time (Kanye voice)

No way am I wasting energy and resources in an attempt to win a horse that probably only drops horse hair and carrots. I feel like this was a set up to have players exhaust their resources prior to the Valentines Day event.

In dragon story leader boards events it's regular game play (breeding, hatching, evolving dragons). You don't have to create random things to advance or win the competition.

I wish S8 would have invested the time spent on this horrible event into updating Dream City.

While I'm on the topic of Dream City....
In DC players can delete items from their inventory/storage...so I don't understand why the same feature hasn't been incorporated into the other S8 games. 70+ pages of inventory is excessive.

PrincessCupOButter
02-11-17, 01:36 PM
Can't you copy/paste an edited post to your reply and delete the original one?

Close to getting the castle now & I'm first place(!) so I might try for the steed as well.

You are a genius! Thanks for the tip!!

Alohatami
02-11-17, 01:51 PM
Dear Storm8. If you're going to be so stingy with the gold nuggets, could you please allow us the means to discard the helm task so we could possibly get a task we can complete? I had to give up on the wedding chapel (at least I think that's the one I had to quit) for lack of gold nuggets. I have been chopping PLENTY of rocks since then in an effort to replenish the supply I used up making a gold bar for a story line quest. I have also been collecting from my mines at every opportunity. It has been weeks since I have seen a gold nugget. Is it because I haven't finished the gold obelisk quest yet? Is that somehow messing up my gold nugget drop? I can't afford gems to buy a nugget (nor do I think it's worth four real dollars to buy one). I'm just getting really frustrated with this problem.

flowerqueen007
02-11-17, 02:38 PM
Why do so many complain about an optional event? And no it is not feedback, it is not constructive critiscm it is moaning. I am not participating and i am able to ignore it. Why cant you let the people who want to do these events just do them? You all want storyline "even if it takes six month" so why not ignore the non storyline? Some players really like these events why do you have to make them feel bad?

DeeDeeBird70
02-11-17, 02:48 PM
Leaderboards are definitely NOT my of tea. I am so tired of them coming up so often in both Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest. And now they are overlapping Community/world events and story books. I've played and won some. Ignored some and just by doing regular stuff did OK. Just placed 2nd in FF, didn't even care about the prize. No room so it will just stay in storage.

So sorry to see this show up here in Castle STORY. Of all the S8 games this by far is my favorite. I've been playing for 4 years. The storyline and various events far surpass the repetitive tasks in the other games. Strategy here is important to balance out what is needed with the energy you have. AND not to mention the wonderful neighbors found. The community within this game is fantastic. THAT is what will keep players going for now. BUT this type of event as well as the non-story TIMED and RANDOM DROP events will push more long time players away. I just went through my neighbors and found at least 10 of my Level 50 long time neighbors have left.

I started to do this but then thought, why. For a castle I don't have room for no matter how good it looks. I don't even need the trade tickets. I do need some place to expand to. So I've stopped crafting stuff for the cards and I'm only getting points from the occasional beast, but may just park my troll again. Speaking of beasts, I was sure hoping for a monster quest. Thanks to the beastbane I'm maxed on sword and staff tokens. I have almost enough gold ones to get the cabbage hut. Had to use some gems to get the "Grey Clydesdale" from the Baron's tent this morning. Someone needs to tell the S8 team that Clydesdales are never grey. The are all bays, various shades of brown with black manes and tails, and white feet/legs. Sir Daisy is colored like one. But I digress from my reason for posting.

I am hoping that enough players ignore this event so we don't get similar ones coming on a too regular basis like DS and FF. The fact they gave everyone a game tree gives me hope that maybe many have not responded.

Jackiesq
02-11-17, 02:50 PM
Dear Storm8. If you're going to be so stingy with the gold nuggets, could you please allow us the means to discard the helm task so we could possibly get a task we can complete? I had to give up on the wedding chapel (at least I think that's the one I had to quit) for lack of gold nuggets. I have been chopping PLENTY of rocks since then in an effort to replenish the supply I used up making a gold bar for a story line quest. I have also been collecting from my mines at every opportunity. It has been weeks since I have seen a gold nugget. Is it because I haven't finished the gold obelisk quest yet? Is that somehow messing up my gold nugget drop? I can't afford gems to buy a nugget (nor do I think it's worth four real dollars to buy one). I'm just getting really frustrated with this problem.

You don't have to craft the helm! It's optional, you can craft/cook the other 2 things, they will be replaced by other tasks. Or only get your points from the trees, rocks and monsters...
I don't spend a gold nugget for only 45 points! Big change it will be replaced by another helm, so I leave the helm were it is. 😉

HuckleTown
02-11-17, 02:53 PM
Flower queen: I think the problem is these timed events are hard to ignore. First, they are prominent on the game board and the quest list, then there is usually some part of it that is triggered with regular game play that forces people to participate or ignore part of the board. I've spent a couple of timed events ignoring some buildings and crops because I didn't want certain monsters to spawn. That's a long time to ignore part of the story. Or they all have tree and rock chopping that drop useless materials for those not participating, I spent the last event debating whether to build or not because I didnt want frozen items in my inventory us needed rocks and logs.

So those participating enjoy but S8: do you see a pattern in all the timed event threads?

PrincessCupOButter
02-11-17, 03:11 PM
HuckleTown,
Thank you so much for saying this. I felt it a bit personally since only part of my post was quoted. Ironically, the rest of that same post was an apology to any players that certain of my posts may have made feel bad. My ire is directed at S8, not any of the people who choose to participate.
If I were to ignore all timed events and events like this one, I wouldn't be able to play at all, since that is all we are getting. If we can't let S8 know that here, then where? Ratings in game shops don't seem to do it. One email from one person is easy to ignore. But maybe if they see a great number of us are unhappy, something could change. It could happen. Lol

MoonVillage3
02-11-17, 03:16 PM
Why do so many complain about an optional event? And no it is not feedback, it is not constructive critiscm it is moaning. I am not participating and i am able to ignore it. Why cant you let the people who want to do these events just do them? You all want storyline "even if it takes six month" so why not ignore the non storyline? Some players really like these events why do you have to make them feel bad?

Your thought is appreciated but it's not a matter of offending anyone. It's just a fact that as it's the first Leaderboard event that has been introduced into this game.. many players are posting their personal opinions about this introduction.
The majority (99%) would prefer if this CS game is left without the addition of Leaderboard events.. as has always been in the past, as they prefer events that have to do with characters of this kingdom story.

That's all.. no one should feel bad. On the whole Leader Boards always cause uproars eventually in any game as they add conflict in a peaceful atmosphere.

nateryd
02-11-17, 03:23 PM
It's not really a big deal who wins... Get yourself the castle and the prizes before it. The grand prize isn't worth it to me ( in my eyes) but I did participate and get the castle. ( then A brand spanking new Ali) and that was my top prize to myself.

there is a lot of complaining going on right now ( guilty as charged) I think it's just cause there a bunch of frustrations out there. For me I'm done the story line completely. So I normally look forward to have something to do. Theres A lot of frustration about wanting continued storyline with the regular characters ( which you honestly can't understand until you have zero goals all day every day to do... At least I didn't fully get it until I was done)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those who gem ahead for the rest of us, to help solve all the mysteries .. And Thankyou! SOOO... Maybe this is geared to reward those who have spent hard earned money on this game.. They deserve to win something special!

And again... Like I've said before. Most of the complaining wouldn't even be on here, if there weren't so many unknowns, mysteries and general vagueness with so much stuff. But that's honestly up to the creators to deal with. So if no one says it... It won't be heard

Alohatami
02-11-17, 03:34 PM
...Big change it will be replaced by another helm, so I leave the helm were it is. 😉

See, I was hoping that it might be replaced with something else I could craft. 😊 I used to play restaurant story 2, and on their events that required making certain things for points, you could dismiss a request, and then wait 30 minutes for a new one to appear. That way, you wouldn't get stuck staring at an order that was impossible to make. I guess I'm also afraid that at some point, my other two slots will fill up with helms, and then I won't be able to do anything. But maybe they have programming in place to prevent that from happening. I just feel like I'm hobbled - I really only have two usable order slots because of this.

alalumie08
02-11-17, 04:03 PM
This is the worst event ever! So unfair! I have been playing for a long time and this is just not right people on my leader board have over 15,000 no way I could ever catch up. I do use gems but for this no way!

TerraRanomi
02-11-17, 04:07 PM
You are a genius! Thanks for the tip!!

No problem.;)

meme1098
02-11-17, 04:26 PM
This is the worst event ever! So unfair! I have been playing for a long time and this is just not right people on my leader board have over 15,000 no way I could ever catch up. I do use gems but for this no way!

15,000 😳. That's just crazy.

Jackiesq
02-11-17, 04:27 PM
See, I was hoping that it might be replaced with something else I could craft. 😊 I used to play restaurant story 2, and on their events that required making certain things for points, you could dismiss a request, and then wait 30 minutes for a new one to appear. That way, you wouldn't get stuck staring at an order that was impossible to make. I guess I'm also afraid that at some point, my other two slots will fill up with helms, and then I won't be able to do anything. But maybe they have programming in place to prevent that from happening. I just feel like I'm hobbled - I really only have two usable order slots because of this.

I'm getting the lance all the time on a slot and on the other slot the beef and pork meals...

kattkrazie
02-11-17, 04:47 PM
15,000 ��. That's just crazy.

That's krazie on steroids! I stopped at 3,400 so the horse could go to someone who wants him. Now, if the grand prize had been a cat, I'd have 25,000 points by now. ;)

TerraRanomi
02-11-17, 05:05 PM
First chest was a royal beam, second chest also.
Third chest gave me a +25 energy crate (mid-level).

Chest #4 contained a +25 energy crate & chest #5 two Royal Games Trees.

Fun fact: cracking open an energy crate can get you a point too.

arikasi
02-11-17, 05:16 PM
Does the 3000 point Castle have a timer?

And if so has anyone had drops yet?

zoroak
02-11-17, 05:24 PM
I have been playing for a long time and this is just not right people on my leader board have over 15,000 no way I could ever catch up.

Agreed about not enjoying the competitive aspect, and also what it would take to even compete. Lol The leader in my group has right at 20k. Is there a prize for most points overall? :D

OMG, do those people on your leaderboards sleep/eat? Never mind the alicorns/gems, I can't imagine the tapping required to get that many points!

I hope for their sakes the jousting steed would give energy like the destrier rather than horse hair! :p

zoroak
02-11-17, 05:25 PM

22h timer. I collect for the first time in 6h but I'm sure there's someone else who can tell you.

spyd61
02-11-17, 06:28 PM
Got to love the LB events!

Irma_Isle
02-11-17, 07:05 PM
I'm at Mid level player who needs about 383 point each day to get the Castle. And I'm on the track without spending gems. Only material and energy to choping rock and trees.

First day is crazy for me. I spend all of my silver rune on boost. I craft all boost at the same time. Speed up workshop, kitchen, potion shop, get golden nuggets, speed up crops and double it.

Now my silver rune is 3 and elven trades asking for something that I use to make pork loin and beef stew, I stop. Now I feel dumb. I dont know that next week probably there are an update about elven story and I mess up with my runes. Sooooo mad to myself right know.

Thankfully I'm rank 1.

And I try to spread the word to rank 2 - 5 in my group. Trying to make them understand that I will stop at 2300 point and hoping that they will do the same so everyone can win. But they dont answer. Dont reply my wall message. But I know they are playing cause they accept my neighbour request and their point still increase.

Well S8. If this LB is the way so we compete each other rather than helping each other, congrats. You win.

kattkrazie
02-11-17, 07:38 PM

Castle drops only 1,000 coins.

cavegirl1
02-11-17, 08:59 PM
Flower queen: I think the problem is these timed events are hard to ignore. First, they are prominent on the game board and the quest list, then there is usually some part of it that is triggered with regular game play that forces people to participate or ignore part of the board. I've spent a couple of timed events ignoring some buildings and crops because I didn't want certain monsters to spawn. That's a long time to ignore part of the story. Or they all have tree and rock chopping that drop useless materials for those not participating, I spent the last event debating whether to build or not because I didnt want frozen items in my inventory us needed rocks and logs.

So those participating enjoy but S8: do you see a pattern in all the timed event threads?

I agree they are hard to ignore. So maybe they could really make it optional and allow me to say, no thanks, so
- I am not included in a leaderboard
- I do not have the event-only items in my workshops, which I have to scroll past each time (can't scroll almost automatically like I normally can)
- I do not have the icon taking up screen space

Just a thought :)

riverly
02-11-17, 09:39 PM
It is interesting to watch the leaderboard. Out of the blue another player is in 1st place!! We are off too the races. It's going to be won by a nose!! Whew! I think I need a xanax. 🙃🙃🙃

MoonVillage3
02-11-17, 11:38 PM

15,000 😳. That's just crazy.

That's krazie on steroids! I stopped at 3,400 so the horse could go to someone who wants him. Now, if the grand prize had been a cat, I'd have 25,000 points by now. ;)

S8 found their dream realized!
Hope the horse is extra special with 100 energy each drop and gold to satisfy winners. It's the least that can be offered.
I thought my LB was bad.. up to 6000 this morning and still moving.. anytime one goes to sleep the other moves.

It would be a fun contest, even to watch, if real $$ were not included.. maybe CS $$ that we don't know where to throw.
But as how it's programmed.. this now new type of aggressive play personally I feel should not be promoted in a family Fairy Story game.. the game category should now be changed.

I'm not offending anyone, and respect all choices and opinions and also thrilled with gemmers that put their work to use to help other fellow players. I do too when I can, if others are missing.. but on the other side, do hope that new aggressive LB players are adults and conscious.

This is another problem that the LB causes.. we can do without it in this fairy story family game. I know we can ignore.. but not all can.

Thorgal
02-12-17, 12:18 AM
Sorry moonvillage i'm Kapellgrand(had 6000 this morning). Bummer that the Castle only drops coins.

RevdKathy
02-12-17, 01:04 AM
I agree they are hard to ignore. So maybe they could really make it optional and allow me to say, no thanks, so
- I am not included in a leaderboard
- I do not have the event-only items in my workshops, which I have to scroll past each time (can't scroll almost automatically like I normally can)
- I do not have the icon taking up screen space

Just a thought :)

This is what they should do. Then those of us who dislike the competitive element can just switch them off. Though presumably that would mean missing a lot of the timed games and S8 won't want that.

tombero
02-12-17, 02:01 AM
It is interesting to watch the leaderboard. Out of the blue another player is in 1st place!! We are off too the races. It's going to be won by a nose!! Whew! I think I need a xanax. ������

It's strange isn't it, on ours a player I hadn't noticed got to second overnight.

Also, yesterday there was a player with zero points. When I went to look at them they had left a message on their wall last July saying they were going to stop playing. But today we all have points. I can't be totally sure of the players name to check again, but I think they're still there with a few hundred points and no messages on their wall?

On a positive note about this event, at least the drops are definite and clear rather than down to luck ��

MoonVillage3
02-12-17, 02:24 AM
Sorry moonvillage i'm Kapellgrand(had 6000 this morning). Bummer that the Castle only drops coins.

Pleased to meet you! I don't see you as nbr, nor adversary.. but I do wish that after all your constancy.. the horse at least gives better drops!
The castle.. considering all the preparations and energy to obtain.. could have at least have drops. I'm deluded too and left it in storage.
Anyway.. I wish you Good Luck in this crazy contest.

scavaig
02-12-17, 03:32 AM
Half way through and I am called it a day. I am never going to keep up - half the leader board has 4000 +'now.

I am not enjoying CS at the moment - these timed events and now the LB isn't why I started playing and certainly not what kept me playing.

I am going back to feeding my cows in my sleepy little kingdom and wait for continuing the story line of my castle folk. Wake me up when this is all over ;-)

katbtodd
02-12-17, 04:30 AM
Half way through and I am called it a day. I am never going to keep up - half the leader board has 4000 +'now.

I am not enjoying CS at the moment - these timed events and now the LB isn't why I started playing and certainly not what kept me playing.

I am going back to feeding my cows in my sleepy little kingdom and wait for continuing the story line of my castle folk. Wake me up when this is all over ;-)
Just made my 3000 points, recieved the last prize ,the gaming castle,I'm done ! And if the castle doesn't drop something good.." IN THE INVENTORY IT GOES" NO way am I using resources to get tickets .which I have over 770 .to use them we need expansions .. And that hasn't happen in so long...and a horse I don't need ,thinking I have 75 in my inventory ,
After reading in this forum I don't stand alone,, this is not the castle story we love

katbtodd
02-12-17, 04:32 AM
Oh yes by the way ,does any body know what the castle drops.
Thanks answered

katbtodd
02-12-17, 04:34 AM
Castle drops only 1,000 coins.

In storage it goes then we need space for all this deco stuff

PurpleScorpion76
02-12-17, 04:50 AM
[COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=3]S8, I want to know if we're ever gonna go back to the storyline or it's now just 1 timed event after another!?!?! Story is why we're here, remember?

I second that. Either they're now getting so much money from gem use that they're keeping with the current format or they're desperate to keep their jobs in a bid to get us to buy gems. I'll never do that anyway. I haven't found a tent on the main players top of my leaderboard yet a few of us are oselating between 1st and 4th at the moment. Either way S8 you're continuing losing your loyal customers who would buy gems if you played fair, Aligates anyone? Just to name two incidents that have upset the players that spend the most. It even broke my love for the game just a little then again with the purple one. This latest update is now again boring me, its one reason I never completed the Naga / Colesseum event. Farmhouses every 10 minutes really? Only last night I downloaded another game and soon realised that was worse than this one.

katbtodd
02-12-17, 04:56 AM
I second that. Either they're now getting so much money from gem use that they're keeping with the current format or they're desperate to keep their jobs in a bid to get us to buy gems. I'll never do that anyway. I haven't found a tent on the main players top of my leaderboard yet a few of us are oselating between 1st and 4th at the moment. Either way S8 you're continuing losing your loyal customers who would buy gems if you played fair, Aligates anyone? Just to name two incidents that have upset the players that spend the most. It even broke my love for the game just a little then again with the purple one. This latest update is now again boring me, its one reason I never completed the Naga / Colesseum event. Farmhouses every 10 minutes really? Only last night I downloaded another game and soon realised that was worse than this one.
I think a lot of feel this way.but they just don't get it..castle story WAS a great game.. These days like you said boring the prizes are boring.. Who needs another horse ,,the castle only drops coins.. It's a waste of energy and resources,and,I,did not waste on gem on it either and NOT GOING TOO , we all know those ones that are way ahead of us if don't have the Ali's and really going in to dept over a horse ,,,lol oh my did I say that

EsmeW2
02-12-17, 06:12 AM
Only another 30 points to go and I can get the deco walls which I'm going to use to replace the walls on my games area on my level 50 game - as long as they look OK when I get them. Then that's it for me. I don't need any more coin buildings, and I'm already down at no 16 in the rankings and will end up with 5 trade tickets which I can live with,

rulerofjennyville
02-12-17, 08:54 AM
Castle drops only 1,000 coins. That's what I was waiting to hear. I have no need of a castle that just drops coins. I wonder if the horse drops more than just regular horse drops. I remember the vinyard challenge and I still have that building out - it has useful drops. Why are their buildings only dropping coins all of a sudden?

Eclipse444
02-12-17, 09:41 AM
Maybe this has been answered, but can someone tell me if this is the Valentine's event or was the royal wedding the event and this is something else.
I personally am not enjoying this LB event, I don't understand how it fits in with the story overall or the game. Maybe I play differently, but I've been level 50 for months and am just now getting to the glimmergate and I play daily. Im using resources on the LB event it took me a long time to accumulate.
Anyway, Thank you in advance for your help. This forum is amazing!

nateryd
02-12-17, 09:48 AM
I know it's been said already.. But confirm Castle is useless with $1000 coins as a drop ��
I do like the look of it though

DMVdoll
02-12-17, 10:05 AM
Wow...the castle only drops coins :(

I would have thought it would at least drop swords and light armor due to the amount of energy and material it takes to earn it.

Can't wait to hear what the horse drops

caron7
02-12-17, 10:10 AM
NO way am I using resources to get tickets .which I have over 770 .to use them we need expansions .. And that hasn't happen in so long..

i don't understand something people keep saying.. you have hundreds of trade tickets? my cards for trade tickets and expansion permits both say max 99. i've been watching like a hawk to be sure i convert trade tickets to expansion permits before hitting the 99 and getting the black banner!! is there something i'm missing here? thanks

caron7
02-12-17, 10:17 AM
Your thought is appreciated but it's not a matter of offending anyone. It's just a fact that as it's the first Leaderboard event that has been introduced into this game.. many players are posting their personal opinions about this introduction.
The majority (99%) would prefer if this CS game is left without the addition of Leaderboard events.. as has always been in the past, as they prefer events that have to do with characters of this kingdom story.

That's all.. no one should feel bad. On the whole Leader Boards always cause uproars eventually in any game as they add conflict in a peaceful atmosphere.

posting to record that i too strongly dislike competitive events here. i much prefer any community style event. they just added leaderboards to Farm Story 2 and there was a huge negative outcry there as well, but a second leaderboard event was posted. sigh. i sure wish we lived in the time when the customer was always right and the company listened to our feedback.

my feedback is: please return us to the regularly scheduled storyline. thank you.

katbtodd
02-12-17, 10:51 AM
i don't understand something people keep saying.. you have hundreds of trade tickets? my cards for trade tickets and expansion permits both say max 99. i've been watching like a hawk to be sure i convert trade tickets to expansion permits before hitting the 99 and getting the black banner!! is there something i'm missing here? thanks
I don't know ! I get getting them after the 99

katbtodd
02-12-17, 10:53 AM
posting to record that i too strongly dislike competitive events here. i much prefer any community style event. they just added leaderboards to Farm Story 2 and there was a huge negative outcry there as well, but a second leaderboard event was posted. sigh. i sure wish we lived in the time when the customer was always right and the company listened to our feedback.

my feedback is: please return us to the regularly scheduled storyline. thank you.

I second that

kdmusgrove
02-12-17, 11:18 AM
I haven't posted in a long time.. Been pretty happy with the events for the last year. But this event is for the birds. I've been using up all my gold nuggets and wasting energy and resources. Started in third place now I'm in sixth. I don't like being competitive. Much more like just having an end goal. Only the top two people get the steed? I'm out. This is ridiculous. I could use the same energy to get resources to make trade tickets and have used my other resources wisely. I'm maxed on things I could use but afraid to waste energy. I'm running out of runes which is crazy. And my end reward is to be out of my gold nuggets and I don't get the main prize. This is beyond unfair. I'm-totally-done.

PrincessCupOButter
02-12-17, 11:50 AM
SW, i didn't see this mentioned on page one, but there are also requests for long swords. They are worth 40 RG points and have a 4 hour timer, but appear to be a pretty rare request.
But...chopping iron rich rocks gives points and drops the ore and jewels needed to craft them.

Also, I let a honey cake request expire, if anyone is curious about what happens, it is simply replaced by another request. Seems like it would be a good idea to add timers to all the requests. Or at least the helm, due to the gold nugget.

(I've decided to make this a game within the game. After practically running out of sap,ore, carrots and cabbage, and depleting my supplies of red dye, royal beams, simple glue and enchanters essence, I thought, why am I wasting all of these things for a few trade tickets? :confused: My goal now is to play as normal, and keep my inventory up. When I'm maxed or close to it, then I'm crafting the requested items. It's most definitely slow going! But I'm keeping busy without depleting my inventory. Originally I intended to go for the castle, now, just shooting for that last treasure box. 500 points to go and I'm a much happier me! Good luck to all of those who are competing!)

Ps. NOTE to Storm8: Just to be clear.....This has not changed my opinion of this event, nor the direction S8 is taking this game, but it has tremendously helped my frustration level, and it sure helps me to put the iPad down and step away. :)

ShibuyaCloth
02-12-17, 12:18 PM
I don't know ! I get getting them after the 99

Trade tickets drop from trades all the time, you just cannot get more tickets from other drop sources like the x-ma trees, Fortune Teller, etc. In this case I am pretty sure you get the tickets. Well that would mean a few more in a crowded inventory:
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inv/CastleStory-TradeTicket.png

Right now I maintain my trade ticket stock just above 2000, convert surplus into expansion permits (only have 25 ATM).

gandalf72
02-12-17, 12:42 PM
This is just a community event where everyone is on equal-footing to get all of the prizes with the exception of the steed that few of us even want. We just have to get a pre-determined amount of points (3,000) to get the prizes, like all previous community events. S8 threw in an extra dimension for those who like to compete.

Two thumbs up! Well said!

AnisWa
02-12-17, 01:03 PM

I had only one request for Honey cakes. I'm trying to achieve 2500. Then, I think once I reach the castle, I'll quit. I'm bored making the same old requests.

katbtodd
02-12-17, 01:12 PM
I hear ya .. I quiet .not a good use of my resorses and I wish I never started l.it was a waste of my energy ,a castle that give nothing but coins..

katbtodd
02-12-17, 01:17 PM
I haven't posted in a long time.. Been pretty happy with the events for the last year. But this event is for the birds. I've been using up all my gold nuggets and wasting energy and resources. Started in third place now I'm in sixth. I don't like being competitive. Much more like just having an end goal. Only the top two people get the steed? I'm out. This is ridiculous. I could use the same energy to get resources to make trade tickets and have used my other resources wisely. I'm maxed on things I could use but afraid to waste energy. I'm running out of runes which is crazy. And my end reward is to be out of my gold nuggets and I don't get the main prize. This is beyond unfair. I'm-totally-done.

Your not alone feeling tnis way I hope this is not the road castle is heading

DarcyFeather
02-12-17, 01:22 PM

Oh you're right on the mark, my friend! I'm usually quiet and rarely write posts in this forum, but this I have to say. This event is the worst I've seen in all the apps I've played. It destroys community and camaraderie by making players angry, greedy people ... all for what? A horse? Friends turn against each other, and even those who kept still before, now become annoyingly competitive. Everything that made this game originally special for me is now eroded. There's no level playing field with gem players pitted against non-gem players. Why use cabbages and carrots (of all things!) which take forever to grow? This event wastes too much energy (which CS could have increased to more than 40, if they just listened to customer complaints eons ago) and runes! Don't even get me started on those runes! That elven outpost needs a total revamp! Imagine delivering almost everything in your storage, sometimes even gold, to receive measly bronze runes ... not even a single silver! Overall, the payback is not balanced ... you get so little rewards for triple or quadruple the effort!

CS is a game I force quit more often now... or should I more appropriately say, "angry quit". The level of frustration it breeds is out of this world!

MoonVillage3
02-12-17, 02:25 PM

max limits on trade tickets have been lifted long ago.. seems it has not been corrected on the card, buy it's now 'unlimited'.

for expansion tickets I don't know, but some curious info you can find about unlimited resources in the u-goal thread.

ethan1brothers
02-12-17, 04:04 PM
if your number one does it still count the points for making stuff......

katbtodd
02-12-17, 04:06 PM
Oh you're right on the mark, my friend! I'm usually quiet and rarely write posts in this forum, but this I have to say. This event is the worst I've seen in all the apps I've played. It destroys community and camaraderie by making players angry, greedy people ... all for what? A horse? Friends turn against each other, and even those who kept still before, now become annoyingly competitive. Everything that made this game originally special for me is now eroded. There's no level playing field with gem players pitted against non-gem players. Why use cabbages and carrots (of all things!) which take forever to grow? This event wastes too much energy (which CS could have increased to more than 40, if they just listened to customer complaints eons ago) and runes! Don't even get me started on those runes! That elven outpost needs a total revamp! Imagine delivering almost everything in your storage, sometimes even gold, to receive measly bronze runes ... not even a single silver! Overall, the payback is not balanced ... you get so little rewards for triple or quadruple the effort!

CS is a game I force quit more often now... or should I more appropriately say, "angry quit". The level of frustration it breeds is out of this world!

Very well said

ethan1brothers
02-12-17, 04:18 PM
yeah they needed to get the guys who do the FS and DS leaderboards to do this one because they nerfed a few things.......

TerraRanomi
02-12-17, 04:25 PM
if your number one does it still count the points for making stuff......

Yes, it does. Doesn't matter which rank you are.

rulerofjennyville
02-12-17, 05:20 PM
I would have kept going for a castle that gave off gems, energy or trade tickets. But coins? Meh.

Gaillock
02-12-17, 05:23 PM
Seems to me 99% of the opinions are negative.. I've honestly read only 1 positive post. But let's not get too involved.. we do have the choice of NOT participating, or intentionally just get our final prize without doing the ranking rates and ignoring who's on the LB. That way we're easy and it will be like a community event.

Good news should be here next week or after.. a storyline event :) You can see reading your App Store CS details. Let's get ready and consentrate on that. Save your Silver instead of boosting everything! You might just need it them in the Elven cloud update. And then also maybe we will see Ivy's prince. ;)

Adding picture of US CS's App update to read for yourselves! Europe's update page has not been translated like theirs. Fun-time will be here!

Save what silver? All I ever get anymore are bronze ruins for the many times I participate. I'm excited about the upcoming story event, tho. Thanks for the good news.

hexappeal
02-12-17, 06:07 PM
I missed this... Didn't even know it was a "thing"
I just checked in cuz I got my first loveupine or whatever they are called... I'm always behind in my kitchens as is sooo..

msmorg
02-12-17, 06:16 PM
Ice willows also give points. I got 5 for one tree.

We can't buy ice willows anymore 😔

Alohatami
02-12-17, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry, but i feel the need to whine over here again. If you're tired of all the complaining, please feel free to skip this post. I just feel the need to vent, so here I am...

All this time I have been worrying about getting stuck with more than one helm on my points tab, since I can't seem to get any gold nuggets. I should have been worried about the lances too. Red petals are not exactly prolific, and I recently "spent" 50 on a quest (it required 50 of each color of petal to be set out to attract faeries or something) plus, I had to craft an elixir, the components of which also needed quite a few red petals. As with the gold nuggets before the chapel event, I had wiped out my supply of red petals before this event. Right now, on my points tab, I'm faced with two lances and the impossible helm. And I'm watching those ahead of me on the leader board get farther and farther away, as I try to get the ingredients I need for two lances at the same time. At first, I thought the goal of 2,300 points wasn't so bad, but now in my head I hear Don Quixote singing, "To dream the impossible dream..."

cavegirl1
02-12-17, 06:53 PM
For those not happy with this event, consider adding feedback (constructive to align with forum rules :) ) on this linked thread.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97300-Bad-Storm8!!/page2

As stated in the post there by Kooky Panda, that is the main area S8 will read.

coolssp
02-12-17, 07:03 PM
S8 should take a note of the fact that majority of CS players prefer community type event rather than this form of leadership event and we've been also asking for update on the story line :) Where is that? I've 'lost' so many neighbors because they've given up on chopping, mining and growing up tress.

Please S8, give us our CS back :)

robotparade
02-12-17, 07:04 PM

For me the fun of this game is playing with and managing my kingdom. To have an event where I have to ignore my kingdom so I can spend all my energy cooking and crafting the same things over and over and over is just plain NO FUN.

For those not happy with this event, consider adding feedback (constructive to align with forum rules :) ) on this linked thread.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97300-Bad-Storm8!!/page2

As stated in the post there by Kooky Panda, that is the main area S8 will read.

Great idea - thanks!

GlvtenFree
02-12-17, 11:57 PM
has anyone used a boost that doubles your points earned yet? would love to know how it works, or a good strategy on using it for collections

idrispad
02-13-17, 01:21 AM
Right now, on my points tab, I'm faced with two lances and the impossible helm.

Yes, they seem to have forgotten to include a "refresh goal" option to remove impossible goals.

zoroak
02-13-17, 01:42 AM
has anyone used a boost that doubles your points earned yet? would love to know how it works, or a good strategy on using it for collections
Yes I used it earlier on when the 25 gem knight's nobility boost only gave 2x points for 2h but I believe it's 3x now so better value. Don't use your alicorns till you buy the boost and stock up on beef stews, tournament helms, lances and loins so you make full use of the triple points boost.

estelle_desir
02-13-17, 02:29 AM
The Royal Games Tent, is it only for this event or can you use it for future leaderboard events as well?

ShibuyaCloth
02-13-17, 03:52 AM
The Royal Games Tent, is it only for this event or can you use it for future leaderboard events as well?

Like for most events, special decos become real decos!

katbtodd
02-13-17, 04:16 AM
I'm sorry, but i feel the need to whine over here again. If you're tired of all the complaining, please feel free to skip this post. I just feel the need to vent, so here I am...

All this time I have been worrying about getting stuck with more than one helm on my points tab, since I can't seem to get any gold nuggets. I should have been worried about the lances too. Red petals are not exactly prolific, and I recently "spent" 50 on a quest (it required 50 of each color of petal to be set out to attract faeries or something) plus, I had to craft an elixir, the components of which also needed quite a few red petals. As with the gold nuggets before the chapel event, I had wiped out my supply of red petals before this event. Right now, on my points tab, I'm faced with two lances and the impossible helm. And I'm watching those ahead of me on the leader board get farther and farther away, as I try to get the ingredients I need for two lances at the same time. At first, I thought the goal of 2,300 points wasn't so bad, but now in my head I hear Don Quixote singing, "To dream the impossible dream..."

Vent away!!!! I'm not happy about this event either,and I won't spend any gems on it to get ahead just for a horse my royal game castle in my inventory and I have stoped playing ..not worth all the resources

Lyzau
02-13-17, 04:20 AM
Do we know if the horse is a hair-horse or an energy-horse?

(sorry if this has been answered, have tried searching this thread, but not found an answer)

SpiritWind00
02-13-17, 04:24 AM
Not answered yet... ;) we will need to wait till the end of the event. Info likely to be on the back of the inventory card.

nessa005
02-13-17, 07:50 AM
I would have kept going for a castle that gave off gems, energy or trade tickets. But coins? Meh.
I'm playing my normal game and trying very hard to get to #20 on the board.

caron7
02-13-17, 08:28 AM
has this happened to anyone and is there a solution? i have exactly 2500 points, the chest is checked off in my milestones but i did not receive any prize. i checked my inventory and the last things there are living wood and sap from deforesting my kingdom. i did not get points or i would be over the 2500. i did not get a prize that went into inventory. i can't see a way to get this chest to open. thank you.

ShibuyaCloth
02-13-17, 08:40 AM
has this happened to anyone and is there a solution? i have exactly 2500 points, the chest is checked off in my milestones but i did not receive any prize. i checked my inventory and the last things there are living wood and sap from deforesting my kingdom. i did not get points or i would be over the 2500. i did not get a prize that went into inventory. i can't see a way to get this chest to open. thank you.

You can get points, so nothing in the inventory!

dragoniakingdom
02-13-17, 08:41 AM

Did you perhaps receive an energy crate. That's what I received in my chest & it was way back in my inventory with another 25 energy crate I already had from a previous event.

caron7
02-13-17, 08:50 AM
Did you perhaps receive an energy crate. That's what I received in my chest & it was way back in my inventory with another 25 energy crate I already had from a previous event.

problem solved! with my next points, the chest popped up and i was able to open it! so at 2515 points, not 2500. but all is well now!

that seems so odd that the energy crate would not pop to the front of your inventory, though. i thought everything recently collected or stored went right to the first inventory spot?

thanks for your help on this. good luck!

caron7
02-13-17, 08:53 AM
You can get points, so nothing in the inventory!

thanks, i realized that, but my points showed still at 2500, so it didn't look like points were awarded. i didn't get points with any chest, though. how many points are possible, do we know? thank you for replying, i appreciate the help!! (and as i wrote above, problem was solved when i gave a jousting lance and the chest popped up at 2515 points!).

cheers196
02-13-17, 09:11 AM
The loyal game walls and the loyal game gates do not line up correctly when I try to build the wall southwest to northeast direction. They connect fine when the wall is the other direction. Does anyone else notice?

Another thing. The daily video has disappeared from one of my kingdom about a week ago. Does this happen sometime? I like watching those video to get free stuff. I would like to get the videos back but I don't know how.

Oh, and another, I can't seem to turn off the quick invite. I went to the setting and switched it off but when I check the setting again, it is swiched back on...

robotparade
02-13-17, 09:18 AM
The loyal game walls and the loyal game gates do not line up correctly when I try to build the wall southwest to northeast direction. They connect fine when the wall is the other direction. Does anyone else notice?

Yes. This happened with the jeweled gate a while back and eventually they fixed it.

daddyoooz
02-13-17, 09:27 AM
The honey pot (60pts) will ONLY appear, along with the long sword craft, when using gems to boost.

I had been churning crafts the last 3 days and not sending them thru. Storing them. After I had at least 7 of each craft (thinking I calculated correctly) that the 25 gem boost would get me to the 3000 pt mark. So when I used some saved up in game gems for the boost and started rolling up pts the honey pots and long swords came up.. but I had these.. and kept submitting items. Along the way I also ended up with those special trees from the treasure chests.

Unbeknownst to me I recall originally seeing the 25 gem boost as a 2x point return (I guess they changed it to 3x). So after submitting all my crafts and clearing all the special trees my points went from 250 to 4900. Oops.. over planning.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know the 3000 points to finish this is easy when you save up your crafts and submit everything at once using a single 25 gem boost.

PrincessCupOButter
02-13-17, 09:38 AM
The honey pot (60pts) will ONLY appear, along with the long sword craft, when using gems to boost.

I had been churning crafts the last 3 days and not sending them thru. Storing them. After I had at least 7 of each craft (thinking I calculated correctly) that the 25 gem boost would get me to the 3000 pt mark. So when I used some saved up in game gems for the boost and started rolling up pts the honey pots and long swords came up.. but I had these.. and kept submitting items. Along the way I also ended up with those special trees from the treasure chests.

Unbeknownst to me I recall originally seeing the 25 gem boost as a 2x point return (I guess they changed it to 3x). So after submitting all my crafts and clearing all the special trees my points went from 250 to 4900. Oops.. over planning.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know the 3000 points to finish this is easy when you save up your crafts and submit everything at once using a single 25 gem boost.

That seems like a very good strategy. Congrats on getting the castle!

I would like to clarify one point though. I've had quite a few requests for the honey cakes and the long swords, and I have not spent one gem. I haven't purchased the tent, trees or any boosts. I had made a few honey cakes and had them in storage, and when I reached around 1500 points, they started appearing. So gemming is not necessary to get them to show up.

TerraRanomi
02-13-17, 09:44 AM

Another thing. The daily video has disappeared from one of my kingdom about a week ago. Does this happen sometime? I like watching those video to get free stuff. I would like to get the videos back but I don't know how.

Oh, and another, I can't seem to turn off the quick invite. I went to the setting and switched it off but when I check the setting again, it is swiched back on...

Check this thread about the videos: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97172-videos
I did notice the videos stopped in the regular CS app (with all the pink) but I still get videos in the Winter version of CS.

And about the quick invite option, more players have problems with turning it off apparently. Maybe you can try the suggestions here (#1159):
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?35883-Current-Known-Bugs-and-Issues-for-Castle-Story&p=1396305#post1396305

daddyoooz
02-13-17, 09:50 AM
Yes.. I suppose you are correct the boost didn't make the honey cakes and long swords appear as an option. It could be once I started submitting crafts in bulk and getting points they appeared in the 1500+ point zone. I had been reading the prior forum posts and noting no one was getting these except when they were worth 60pts.. meaning 3x their regular point value during boosting.

Anyway, now that I've easily exceeded the top goal value back to normal game play and resource hoarding.

Alohatami
02-13-17, 10:13 AM
Finally, a gold nugget appeared in my kingdom! Just thought I should let the board know since I had been complaining about not finding any. :)

sunnygirl634
02-13-17, 10:27 AM

I have never used a gem boost and I had the honey pot and long swords request several times. I think it's just random.

cheers196
02-13-17, 10:30 AM
Check this thread about the videos: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97172-videos
I did notice the videos stopped in the regular CS app (with all the pink) but I still get videos in the Winter version of CS.

And about the quick invite option, more players have problems with turning it off apparently. Maybe you can try the suggestions here (#1159):
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?35883-Current-Known-Bugs-and-Issues-for-Castle-Story&p=1396305#post1396305

Thanks for the info!

maz3girl
02-13-17, 11:13 AM
I have never used a gem boost and I had the honey pot and long swords request several times. I think it's just random.

Agree. I haven't used gem boosts either and got them a bunch of times.

TerraRanomi
02-13-17, 11:43 AM
Finally, a gold nugget appeared in my kingdom! Just thought I should let the board know since I had been complaining about not finding any. :)

Nice! Hope you have better luck now.

Thanks for the info!

No problem. ;)

PurpleScorpion76
02-13-17, 11:53 AM
Well I've managed the castle now, and I am going for the 2nd prize. Though my group seems to be taking it slow, I'm generally second now for most of the day. So we'll see.

RevdKathy
02-13-17, 12:24 PM
I haven't had a single request for hey cakes, which seems a bit unfair. But a lot of things about this seem unfair so I suppose it should be expected.

AuntyRose32
02-13-17, 12:49 PM
I didn't even know this event was happening. I got no prompt in game to update to newer version. I have just updated now, so I'm extremely behind and after reading this thread I don't think I'll be bothered trying to play catch up. Sounds like a lot of work with no real worthwhile pay off at the end of it all. A lot of unhappy players at the moment it seems. There's enough ways in the game to collect coin so having a castle just drop coin is pointless, now if it dropped energy and gold items that would be a different story. I think I'll be holding on to my resources and giving this a miss.

Also, pitting players against each other as opposed to giving us a community event we can all work towards and contribute to isn't the best idea.

PurpleScorpion76
02-13-17, 01:00 PM
Ps. NOTE to Storm8: Just to be clear.....This has not changed my opinion of this event, nor the direction S8 is taking this game, but it has tremendously helped my frustration level, and it sure helps me to put the iPad down and step away. :)

I completely agree. During the colosseum event I got bored after 4 days of clicking on farmhouses every 10 minutes I worked out that if I quit now I'd get 21 days of a complete break. It was like going cold turkey from an addiction without the come down. Total bliss!

amerirish
02-13-17, 02:14 PM
I swear to the CS gods, these are the amounts of the top 10 in my group right now with 3 days left to go:

1. 32,757 {no typo!}
2. 9,508
3. 2,291 {me}
4. 2,569
5. 2,463
6. 2,381
7. 2,163
8. 2,068
9. 1,929
10. 1,770

I've played several LB events in DS but have NEVER seen numbers like my current 1st placer :eek:

katbtodd
02-13-17, 02:26 PM
I swear to the CS gods, these are the amounts of the top 10 in my group right now with 3 days left to go:

1. 32,757 {no typo!}
2. 9,508
3. 2,291 {me}
4. 2,569
5. 2,463
6. 2,381
7. 2,163
8. 2,068
9. 1,929
10. 1,770

I've played several LB events in DS but have NEVER seen numbers like my current 1st placer :eek:
Wow! That's a lot boosts ..why ..oh why would a person do that for a horse

katbtodd
02-13-17, 02:29 PM
I have a lot of Ali's and I was number one, and poof two players kick me hard as they raced passed me,, and thinking if they want it that bad,, they can have it ..I wasn't wasting my gems that way ,they come to hard

idrispad
02-13-17, 02:38 PM
I am going to do my best to get exactly 3000 points and then stop.

katbtodd
02-13-17, 03:01 PM

Basically what I did too!

PrincessCupOButter
02-13-17, 03:08 PM

1. 32,757 {no typo!}
2. 9,508
3. 2,291 {me}
4. 2,569
5. 2,463
6. 2,381
7. 2,163
8. 2,068
9. 1,929
10. 1,770

The top two in my group are
1) 50,401
2) 47,138 (no typos here either :eek:)
I imagine S8 is considering this a successful event. :(
I never had any intention of competing, but even if I had, I was out before I ever even started. I'm just fascinated with watching the points climb.
I sure hope that horse actually drops something good!
Is there a prize for 1st overall? :D

biartiemgi
02-13-17, 03:14 PM
Thats also my idea. I want that castle.... but is it only dropping coins? That makes it a lot less interesting.... and not worth all the gold nuggets... i'm rank 2, but i don't know if i can hold that position, as the event stops in the middle of the night for me... and if someone is saving up their craftings an giving them at all at the end with a doubling or tripling their royal points ... well its only a game...

ClubhouseCity
02-13-17, 03:50 PM
The Royal Castle drops 1,000 coins every collection.

katbtodd
02-13-17, 05:11 PM
The top two in my group are
1) 50,401
2) 47,138 (no typos here either :eek:)
I imagine S8 is considering this a successful event. :(
I never had any intention of competing, but even if I had, I was out before I ever even started. I'm just fascinated with watching the points climb.
I sure hope that horse actually drops something good!
Is there a prize for 1st overall? :D

In my head these numbers are just craziness they must love competing no matter the cost
Then s/8 will keep these type event going

midninghtcm
02-13-17, 05:11 PM
I'm just having fun. I'm making the recipes and goals for more points while still collecting from my kingdom and catching up on stock. I know everyone else doesn't feel the game is fair but for me its fine. Your group gets randomly generated. Some are more advanced than others. I've come to love LB events because of my love for them in DS. But, through I try to rank between 1-10, I'm not bothered if I don't win. My ultimate goal is to collect the trade tickets. Despite being level 50, my land mass is poor. During my years as a player, I took it slow. Decorated instead of all out playing or collected resources instead of obtaining trade tickets. I find myself struggling with that so I'm happy if I have a chance to get a few extra. That's why I'm going with the flow with the LB and trying to stay in the top 10. That way, no stress and an added bonus. I've been a CS memeber for 3 years, but that's nothing compared to other players. Energy wise, resources wise. Take what you can get. At least we have the elven storm quest continuing. S8 heard us and are continuing some of the storyline. Which is a good thing, right?

katbtodd
02-13-17, 05:16 PM
I'm just having fun. I'm making the recipes and goals for more points while still collecting from my kingdom and catching up on stock. I know everyone else doesn't feel the game is fair but for me its fine. Your group gets randomly generated. Some are more advanced than others. I've come to love LB events because of my love for them in DS. But, through I try to rank between 1-10, I'm not bothered if I don't win. My ultimate goal is to collect the trade tickets. Despite being level 50, my land mass is poor. During my years as a player, I took it slow. Decorated instead of all out playing or collected resources instead of obtaining trade tickets. I find myself struggling with that so I'm happy if I have a chance to get a few extra. That's why I'm going with the flow with the LB and trying to stay in the top 10. That way, no stress and an added bonus. I've been a CS memeber for 3 years, but that's nothing compared to other players. Energy wise, resources wise. Take what you can get. At least we have the elven storm quest continuing. S8 heard us and are continuing some of the storyline. Which is a good thing, right?

Yes that is , can't wait to see story line ,

rere123412345
02-13-17, 07:07 PM
I decided to hoard my recipes until the last 2 hours - then use the triple points boost. I decided to just finally use it -get to 3000 and move on. Someone else on my group may appreciate the prizes more. It was fun hoarding with the intent of stealing the prize. But I could make others sad... I had 1,000 points and got up to 8,500 within a few minutes. But I think there were some sync issues. It refreshed 4 times, so I got the goal 9 3 times it refresheded , then gave me the goal 9 again. Did the same thing for the castle. It refreshed then I had to submit my food again. I feel like it stole some of my food. But oh well. I have the castle and am #1 for now. Someone else will get higher than me. The people that have >20k are crazy!

Amarice
02-13-17, 07:29 PM
I keep getting bugged. I used the 40% off of the Knights boon and when I cashin deliveries it keeps bouncing me back to the same number after handing in a few deliveries.

:( Not amused.

rere123412345
02-13-17, 08:07 PM
I keep getting bugged. I used the 40% off of the Knights boon and when I cashin deliveries it keeps bouncing me back to the same number after handing in a few deliveries.

:( Not amused.

Same thing. I swear I lost 10+ deliveries

FridayFarms
02-13-17, 08:58 PM
Definitely don't think the groupings are fair, which takes the fun out of things. I'd like to think that we are all on an even playing field to reach the top spot, but how can I compete against people who have 15-20 alicorns and use gems?

dragoniakingdom
02-13-17, 09:01 PM
I'm sure this event has been a great success for S8 - a pay 2 win event where those with most gems collect the main prizes.
I hope this is the first & last.

riverly
02-13-17, 10:18 PM
It's been interesting to watch the leaderboard. Let's face it. It is an individual's choice to spend or not. I just hope the top 3 are doing it in a spirit of friendly competition. and it will be interesting to see what happens in the final hours. I'm in the middle of the pack, but that could change overnight. as the saying goes-stick me with a fork I'm done. Wherever I end up I'm ok. I just know I am NOT cooking another pork loin!!! Hopefully never ever ever again.

SpiritWind00
02-13-17, 10:23 PM
Hi all, 2 things:
1. Royal wall alignment has been fixed; and
2. For those with delivery issues, make sure your connection is strong and if it happens again, log a call with Support and send me your ticket numbers by PM. (Click on my name) do not post ticket numbers here.

AnnirasSweets
02-14-17, 01:15 AM
I noticed when reading through that several people said they had a timer for the deliveries and that if they let it run out they got a different delivery but I've never seen a timer. Am I missing it or did I misunderstand? No big deal either way, just curious.

redlorry
02-14-17, 03:16 AM
I noticed when reading through that several people said they had a timer for the deliveries and that if they let it run out they got a different delivery but I've never seen a timer. Am I missing it or did I misunderstand? No big deal either way, just curious.

I believe this refers to a request for honey cakes and / or long sword... if you gather the item before the timer you get more points. There is a screen shot earlier in this thread showing an example. I have not had a request for either, they are a rare request. even though I exceed 3000 points.

katbtodd
02-14-17, 04:03 AM
I'm sure this event has been a great success for S8 - a pay 2 win event where those with most gems collect the main prizes.
I hope this is the first & last.

I second that!
These morning not even in a hurry to log in , it was always the first place I pop into for years,, not any more. I jump in Facebook guess this event cured me from castle story

idrispad
02-14-17, 04:25 AM

Basically what I did too!

I am now sitting at 110 points to go, I have parked my Troll to stop monsters, I'm stopping chopping and there are 95 points of orders on my board :)

rulerofjennyville
02-14-17, 05:52 AM
The highest rank on mine is 4,886. The lowest is 81. I'm in the middle and I barely played. I think my group isn't trying too hard to win this.

scavaig
02-14-17, 06:13 AM
The highest rank on mine is 4,886. The lowest is 81. I'm in the middle and I barely played. I think my group isn't trying too hard to win this.

Haha. Top 6 of mine are in the 4000's ... I tried hard for the first 3 days but wasn't enjoying it so stopped and am now 16th with 1500 points.

Just shows how random the groups are.

Must be me but, as most people Are not going to get a horse or a trophy, I cannot see why people do all this for a few trade tokens that they could get anyway if they used their energy on milk/eggs..??????

This is Not the game I used to love

rulerofjennyville
02-14-17, 06:18 AM
Haha. Top 6 of mine are in the 4000's ... I tried hard for the first 3 days but wasn't enjoying it so stopped and am now 16th with 1500 points.

Just shows how random the groups are.

Must be me but, as most people Are not going to get a horse or a trophy, I cannot see why people do all this for a few trade tokens that they could get anyway if they used their energy on milk/eggs..??????

This is Not the game I used to love

Not to mention a castle that only drops 1000 coins and no items.

amerirish
02-14-17, 08:27 AM
Am I reading correctly that the Royal Games Castle only drops coins? :eek:

TerraRanomi
02-14-17, 09:08 AM

Yep, my drops so far are 1000 coins only. And others reported the same.

Knight's Nobility is on sale, 15 gems. Don't know for how long. Probably until the end of this event.

amerirish
02-14-17, 09:15 AM
Yep, my drops so far are 1000 coins only. And others reported the same.......

Thanks for the reply - wow, what a let down :mad:

PurpleScorpion76
02-14-17, 12:41 PM

I would like to clarify one point though. I've had quite a few requests for the honey cakes and the long swords, and I have not spent one gem. I haven't purchased the tent, trees or any boosts. I had made a few honey cakes and had them in storage, and when I reached around 1500 points, they started appearing. So gemming is not necessary to get them to show up.

I know it's not specifically to do with how many points you've I've reached either I'm over 4,000 points. Made one set of honey cakes in the first 24 hours or so and they're still sitting in my inventory.

riverly
02-14-17, 01:11 PM
I know it's not specifically to do with how many points you've I've reached either I'm over 4,000 points. Made one set of honey cakes in the first 24 hours or so and they're still sitting in my inventory.Randomness in a tournament doesn't seem fair. Those cakes are 60 points.

tartarosfalling
02-14-17, 03:14 PM
Really disappointed. Nothing showed up in game and I wasn't told to update the app so I literally didn't know this was happening until right now.

ktorewqas
02-14-17, 03:19 PM
Randomness in a tournament doesn't seem fair. Those cakes are 60 points.agree! I have some siting in my storage and really do not know if I should keep making them

Alohatami
02-14-17, 03:38 PM
agree! I have some siting in my storage and really do not know if I should keep making them

I made two sets in anticipation of getting the requests at some point, and they're still sitting in my inventory, too. And I shall soon be out of stew supplies, and am out of time to grow more. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that my delivery board doesn't fill up with stews. I was hoping to make it to the castle, but now I think I'll be happy if I can just get to the last prize chest. Again, really wishing S8 had put in a "discard order" button, so we could at least clear out the ones we can't do in favor of the ones we can.

coolssp
02-14-17, 07:42 PM
Agree. I haven't used gem boosts either and got them a bunch of times.

I'm sitting on 2900 points but not a single request for honey cakes :(

CampyRuby
02-14-17, 07:52 PM
I have been working at this event daily and did buy the Royal Games Tent. I log in every couple of hours when I can during the day to collect the points, and I have delivered a lot of stuff. I am almost to the goal of the castle that apparently only drops gold (I have over $30 million gold right now. Gold is not important). This will be another building, relegated to storage, that will do me no good.

I play several app games like this - [names removed]. I assumed that Castle Story had decided to come up with their own repeating game-within-a-game, which is why I bought the Royal Games Tent. The other apps have really great rewards and finishing in the top is extremely beneficial - giving you all kinds of in-demand building materials [removed], and keys that unlock really neat buildings [removed] which increase your town substantially. You work hard at it for a week, place in the top ranks and earn great prizes. The rewards are much more evenly spread among the players that participate. A player's chance of winning something they want and need are very good, even with minimal effort.

The prizes that are being offered in this event are ridiculous. Even the first place prize isn't very interesting. We have lots of horses already. Yeah, this one is cute, but I have 30 cute animals that really do nothing for me but bounce and give me milk and a few other ordinary items once a day.

The developers need to come up with a new angle - something that is interesting and makes us want to keep clicking. Presumably they know the market and what other apps are doing. Why is every event tedious and time-consuming with really small rewards? Click 1000 times and we will give you a horse that gives you a horse tail and a carrot once a day - just like other horses can. I mean, really?

I have been playing this game since soon after it came out - playing it religiously, daily, oftentimes non-stop for hours at a time. Right now, I am questioning myself. I spend less overall effort on other games and reap tremendous rewards. I also have an in-game chat in those other games that provide a chance to bond with other players in my alliances, help each other out when needed, and earn rewards together.

The events and games here are all rather shallow and there is no sense of purpose. The Elven Outpost has potential. It's nice to have some boosts to speed up production or double the harvest, but it's not very interesting. Asking for a huge quantity of a rare substance (like golden nuggets!) and then giving such a paltry reward is kind of defeating. To have to pay gems to change the requests is ludicrous. If you don't want to give up, for instance, 12 golden apples and a golden egg (my current requests), for a few semi-useless runes, you have to wait pretty much a whole day for another chance to fill an order. Yawn.

It seems like they are spending a lot of time designing objects and creating things for us to put out, but we don't have enough room to keep much on the board, so creating a beautiful city with decorations and streets takes up valuable space that really should be used for production buildings, animals and other things that create goods. My town is horribly ugly, but I don't feel I have a choice if I don't want to be moving things around every time they come up with a new event that requires all different buildings to be dragged out of inventory, or different plants, or ponds, or a zillion trees, or whatever. If they doubled my space I would be decorating and using the years and years of beautiful decorations I have earned that are all in my inventory. I enjoy decorating very much and have spent a lot of time in both of the other app games I mentioned designing lovely towns that I am happy to look at, instead of a 5x5 blocks of cows, pigs or horses next to the random mass of animals I have collected.

I didn't mean to go on such a rant. I guess this game has been starting to wear on me. Now that I am playing other games that offer more bang for less effort I am questioning why I continue to log in and work so hard at another event when I will probably win a crate of 10 energy and 5 expansion permits I can't use because my town is already as big as I can make it. I have 34 Alicorns now, 10 energy is the stupidest prize they could give me, next to more gold!

Come on S8! You can come up with something more rewarding, can't you? I know the game is called Castle STORY - but the story is flat and if I wanted to read that much I'm sure I could find something much more entertaining.

Thanks to anyone that actually read this far!

meme1098
02-14-17, 08:12 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post. It explains exactly how I'm feeling after just the 1st day of this LB silliness.

MAC121980
02-14-17, 08:17 PM
Yes, I only got 1000 coins too :( And to think I wasted so many golden nuggets!!! Horrible!!

dalechristel
02-14-17, 08:35 PM
Just a couple of things...
1. Usually, these buildings that you earn in events, only give coins until the event is over. Hopefully, they will drop something useful after the event is over
2. I can absolutely see how people are getting a crazy number of points in this event. The people with all the alicorns have been stockpiling energy for months/years. I'm not sure if there is a cap on energy, but if not, those people could have 10s of thousands of energy accumulated and probably just used a few gems to buy the 3x points multiplier and then spent two hours chopping rocks to get a ton of points. Not really the intention of the event, but not outside the rules either.
I've been lucky so far that I don't have any of those people in my group. I'm in first place and up by a few hundred points, but I fully expect someone to make a late charge and get first place.

kcutie0829
02-14-17, 08:47 PM
Okay this doesn' t make sense. I got the castle, but why did my points decrease? Can anyone tell me why? I also tried the boost, but it didn't work. Thanks!

PrincessCupOButter
02-14-17, 08:57 PM
@CampyRuby, thank you so much for sharing!

FlowerBurst
02-14-17, 09:47 PM
I know it's not specifically to do with how many points you've I've reached either I'm over 4,000 points. Made one set of honey cakes in the first 24 hours or so and they're still sitting in my inventory.

Same with me--have not received any requests for honey cakes yet! I keep hoping for a few--have 6 in inventory that I'd like to use!

FrostyFinn
02-14-17, 10:14 PM

Very well said!

DeeDeeBird70
02-14-17, 10:52 PM
Just a couple of things...
1. Usually, these buildings that you earn in events, only give coins until the event is over. Hopefully, they will drop something useful after the event is over
2. I can absolutely see how people are getting a crazy number of points in this event. The people with all the alicorns have been stockpiling energy for months/years. I'm not sure if there is a cap on energy, but if not, those people could have 10s of thousands of energy accumulated and probably just used a few gems to buy the 3x points multiplier and then spent two hours chopping rocks to get a ton of points. Not really the intention of the event, but not outside the rules either.
I've been lucky so far that I don't have any of those people in my group. I'm in first place and up by a few hundred points, but I fully expect someone to make a late charge and get first place.

I can only speak for myself but it doesn't make sense to try to store up Alicorn energy. Once you have more than 40 energy in store, you don't get any added by time. An Alicorn gives you 40 energy once a week, the game gives you that in 2 hours. Alicorn energy does let you get more done in a session especially if you want to do a lot at one time and don't care if you have to wait a week for them to recharge.

DarcyFeather
02-15-17, 01:01 AM

You're lucky. I made honey cakes well in advance and they're just sitting in storage. But until now, with just a few hours left before closing of the games, I haven't seen a single request yet! I regret wasting my resources on unusable stuff!

idrispad
02-15-17, 01:19 AM
I can only speak for myself but it doesn't make sense to try to store up Alicorn energy. Once you have more than 40 energy in store, you don't get any added by time. An Alicorn gives you 40 energy once a week, the game gives you that in 2 hours. Alicorn energy does let you get more done in a session especially if you want to do a lot at one time and don't care if you have to wait a week for them to recharge.

It makes sense if you're right at the top of the game and have done everything that requires daily action. The "time" energy maxes out at 40 whereas alicorn energy accumulates past that. If you pop in once a day to collect from your daily alicorns, you will have a good store of energy for the next event.

DarcyFeather
02-15-17, 01:20 AM
I didn't mean to go on such a rant. I guess this game has been starting to wear on me. Now that I am playing other games that offer more bang for less effort I am questioning why I continue to log in and work so hard at another event when I will probably win a crate of 10 energy and 5 expansion permits I can't use because my town is already as big as I can make it. I have 34 Alicorns now, 10 energy is the stupidest prize they could give me, next to more gold!

Come on S8! You can come up with something more rewarding, can't you? I know the game is called Castle STORY - but the story is flat and if I wanted to read that much I'm sure I could find something much more entertaining.

Thanks CampyRuby. Wow! I actually had fun reading your comment from start to finish. Every point you made was spot-on. I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for voicing out so eloquently what most of us have been stewing over. I totally agree with you. The imbalance between effort and rewards is so glaring, not just with events, but with every single part of the storyline too. Imagine, you spend endless hours in crafting and waste tons of resources, only to receive a reward of 370 coins and 2 XPs at the end of the goal. Come on! Seriously? It's not like you can ignore the goal either, since the story can't proceed nor open to other avenues unless you complete the current tasks. Really frustrating!

scavaig
02-15-17, 01:37 AM
The prizes that are being offered in this event are ridiculous.

I didn't mean to go on such a rant. I guess this game has been starting to wear on me. Now that I am playing other games that offer more bang for less effort I am questioning why I continue to log in and work so hard at another event when I will probably win a crate of 10 energy and 5 expansion permits I can't use because my town is already as big as I can make it. !

Yes, thank you. I agree with all your points. It is castlestory

The prizes are worse than you think ;-) you are looking at winning 10 energy and5 trade tickets .... Not 5 expansion tickets. Useless.

I play for relaxation and am happy to spend a few gems ... But not for this. I believe it's time for a proper return to the story line to keep long term players playing.

PurpleScorpion76
02-15-17, 02:09 AM
Randomness in a tournament doesn't seem fair. Those cakes are 60 points.

Oh and I've no idea what the long swords are I've only had lance swords and the long swords that were in the game already. I agree randomness in a tournament is crazy. You have to wonder if all these crazy totals we've been seeing is because they've been getting all the good point items!

Addition: or for that matter honey pots?

SpiritWind00
02-15-17, 02:23 AM
I only saw the honey pots and the long swords exchanges just before hitting 3000. I think I got about 10 of those special high point trades in a row, so the last 400 points I needed for the castle were attained in 2 minutes. Castle looks nice with my new Baron's Tent grey Clydesdale horse grazing next to it! :)

PurpleScorpion76
02-15-17, 02:28 AM
I have been working at this event daily and did buy the Royal Games Tent. I log in every couple of hours when I can during the day to collect the points, and I have delivered a lot of stuff. I am almost to the goal of the castle that apparently only drops gold (I have over $30 million gold right now. Gold is not important). This will be another building, relegated to storage, that will do me no good.

I play several app games like this - [names removed]. I assumed that Castle Story had decided to come up with their own repeating game-within-a-game, which is why I bought the Royal Games Tent. The other apps have really great rewards and finishing in the top is extremely beneficial - giving you all kinds of in-demand building materials [removed], and keys that unlock really neat buildings [removed] which increase your town substantially. You work hard at it for a week, place in the top ranks and earn great prizes. The rewards are much more evenly spread among the players that participate. A player's chance of winning something they want and need are very good, even with minimal effort.

The prizes that are being offered in this event are ridiculous. Even the first place prize isn't very interesting. We have lots of horses already. Yeah, this one is cute, but I have 30 cute animals that really do nothing for me but bounce and give me milk and a few other ordinary items once a day.

The developers need to come up with a new angle - something that is interesting and makes us want to keep clicking. Presumably they know the market and what other apps are doing. Why is every event tedious and time-consuming with really small rewards? Click 1000 times and we will give you a horse that gives you a horse tail and a carrot once a day - just like other horses can. I mean, really?

I have been playing this game since soon after it came out - playing it religiously, daily, oftentimes non-stop for hours at a time. Right now, I am questioning myself. I spend less overall effort on other games and reap tremendous rewards. I also have an in-game chat in those other games that provide a chance to bond with other players in my alliances, help each other out when needed, and earn rewards together.

The events and games here are all rather shallow and there is no sense of purpose. The Elven Outpost has potential. It's nice to have some boosts to speed up production or double the harvest, but it's not very interesting. Asking for a huge quantity of a rare substance (like golden nuggets!) and then giving such a paltry reward is kind of defeating. To have to pay gems to change the requests is ludicrous. If you don't want to give up, for instance, 12 golden apples and a golden egg (my current requests), for a few semi-useless runes, you have to wait pretty much a whole day for another chance to fill an order. Yawn.

It seems like they are spending a lot of time designing objects and creating things for us to put out, but we don't have enough room to keep much on the board, so creating a beautiful city with decorations and streets takes up valuable space that really should be used for production buildings, animals and other things that create goods. My town is horribly ugly, but I don't feel I have a choice if I don't want to be moving things around every time they come up with a new event that requires all different buildings to be dragged out of inventory, or different plants, or ponds, or a zillion trees, or whatever. If they doubled my space I would be decorating and using the years and years of beautiful decorations I have earned that are all in my inventory. I enjoy decorating very much and have spent a lot of time in both of the other app games I mentioned designing lovely towns that I am happy to look at, instead of a 5x5 blocks of cows, pigs or horses next to the random mass of animals I have collected.

Here here! Very well said. To open up the game on Thursday evenings (I'm in the UK) and find yet another timed event that seems purely for money making by the developers is somewhat disheartening. I would have even pleased with a monster hunt least at then I could have worked towards an Ali! Thursdays are full of heavy sighs these days not the excitement I've become used to with this game.

PurpleScorpion76
02-15-17, 02:33 AM
I only saw the honey pots and the long swords exchanges just before hitting 3000. I think I got about 10 of those special high point trades in a row, so the last 400 points I needed for the castle were attained in 2 minutes. Castle looks nice with my new Baron's Tent grey Clydesdale horse grazing next to it! :)

Ah so they do exist? I don't have any craft options for them. Does the request for them come with the ability to craft them?

tombero
02-15-17, 03:53 AM
I'm really glad this event will be over in 13 hours. I agree with everyone else's well made criticisms of it. I have no idea where I'll end up as I don't know how many of my neighbours are hoarding trades for a last minute triple points blow out. I have stupidly kept trading regularly as I've gone. So it all feels a bit random.
I have lived in hope for a storyline update, but the central arc that drove the story throughout the game seems long forgotten.
I'm starting to feel a bit silly for all the hours I've put in over the years, for something which seems to have fizzled out.
I'm sorry to seem negative, just felt the need to add my voice.

PrincessCupOButter
02-15-17, 06:17 AM
Ah so they do exist? I don't have any craft options for them. Does the request for them come with the ability to craft them?

The long swords requested are the same long swords we always have the ability to craft. For me they usually popped up immediately after delivering a honey cake. It is very frustrating that requests are so random, with some people getting them and others not. I really hope that this was not the financial success S8 was hoping for, so that we don't get stuck with these events over and over. (Although looking at my leader board, it's a very dim hope. :()

I'm really glad this event will be over in 13 hours. I agree with everyone else's well made criticisms of it. I have no idea where I'll end up as I don't know how many of my neighbours are hoarding trades for a last minute triple points blow out. I have stupidly kept trading regularly as I've gone. So it all feels a bit random.
I have lived in hope for a storyline update, but the central arc that drove the story throughout the game seems long forgotten.
I'm starting to feel a bit silly for all the hours I've put in over the years, for something which seems to have fizzled out.
I'm sorry to seem negative, just felt the need to add my voice.

My feelings exactly! Thank you for posting this!

PrincessCupOButter
02-15-17, 06:28 AM
You're lucky. I made honey cakes well in advance and they're just sitting in storage. But until now, with just a few hours left before closing of the games, I haven't seen a single request yet! I regret wasting my resources on unusable stuff!

The randomness is just one more thing that makes this type of event awful IMO. I am sorry you wasted your resources, I wish I knew a trick to trigger those requests. :( It's ironic, because I originally made them as a souvenir, since I had no intention of competing beyond the personal goals. And honestly, I'm regretting even doing that much after seeing how many resources, plus time and energy, that I wasted, just to get a coin building that will remain in storage. (My only excuse is boredom, since I completed the storyline ages ago.)

Seriously700
02-15-17, 06:59 AM
I stopped participating in the first 24 hours. It's hard for me to believe these types of events are popular in other S8 games. The competitive aspect is totally unappealing to me. This is (was?) a community based game, with the camaraderie reinforced by the forums and the gift exchanging with neighbors. I think many players who played hard will be disappointed to not win top prizes. Many of them will have either spent gems during the event, or they have spent many gems in the past on energy producing alicorns to be able to be at all competitive. So it seems like this event is designed to disappoint many gem-spenders?

If the final prize has great drops, the many loyal players who tried hard but didn't place 1st or 2nd will feel discouraged. If the final prize is lame, EVERYONE will feel *****ed. I wonder which one S8 is going for.

BahSunFarms
02-15-17, 07:05 AM
I'm about 50 points away from winning the castle. I hope it has nice drops!

TerraRanomi
02-15-17, 07:17 AM
I'm about 50 points away from winning the castle. I hope it has nice drops!

Sorry to disappoint, it only drops a 1000 coins per day. (Unless you are in need of those.)

MoonVillage3
02-15-17, 08:08 AM

honey pots: have hit the over 3000 point and had 2 ready to use. still have them. so I figure it's again random assignment just as the Baron's Tent. this could have been organized as the same sequence of appearance for all.. same for the tree prizes. random rules all.. but for who they don't appear, has disadvantage.

MoonVillage3
02-15-17, 08:11 AM

the crafting ability I have in the kitchen.. but have not received requests of use.. LOL!

robotparade
02-15-17, 08:29 AM

The developers need to come up with a new angle - something that is interesting and makes us want to keep clicking. Presumably they know the market and what other apps are doing. Why is every event tedious and time-consuming with really small rewards? Click 1000 times and we will give you a horse that gives you a horse tail and a carrot once a day - just like other horses can. I mean, really? ...

It seems like they are spending a lot of time designing objects and creating things for us to put out, but we don't have enough room to keep much on the board, so creating a beautiful city with decorations and streets takes up valuable space that really should be used for production buildings, animals and other things that create goods. My town is horribly ugly, but I don't feel I have a choice if I don't want to be moving things around every time they come up with a new event that requires all different buildings to be dragged out of inventory, or different plants, or ponds, or a zillion trees, or whatever. If they doubled my space I would be decorating and using the years and years of beautiful decorations I have earned that are all in my inventory. I enjoy decorating very much and have spent a lot of time in both of the other app games I mentioned designing lovely towns that I am happy to look at, instead of a 5x5 blocks of cows, pigs or horses next to the random mass of animals I have collected?

To open up the game on Thursday evenings (I'm in the UK) and find yet another timed event that seems purely for money making by the developers is somewhat disheartening. I would have even pleased with a monster hunt least at then I could have worked towards an Ali! Thursdays are full of heavy sighs these days not the excitement I've become used to with this game.

Wow, you both hit the nail on the head!

Today I logged on and realized how bored I am by cooking and crafting the same things over and over, just to get a castle that drops coins I don't need, and ANOTHER horse.

So I abandoned the event and went back to playing with and enjoying my kingdom.

Free at last!

TerraRanomi
02-15-17, 08:41 AM

the crafting ability I have in the kitchen.. but have not received requests of use.. LOL!

I think PurpleScorpion76 was talking about the longswords. Which are regular longswords by the way so you don't need to craft anything special. ;)

meme1098
02-15-17, 08:56 AM
I think PurpleScorpion76 was talking about the longswords. Which are regular longswords by the way so you don't need to craft anything special. ;)

I've never had requests for honey cakes or longswords either but I'm maxed on the swords. Maybe that's why...lol

dragoniakingdom
02-15-17, 09:12 AM
I've never had requests for honey cakes or longswords either but I'm maxed on the swords. Maybe that's why...lol

Same,never had the honey cakes or longswords. Not maxed on the longswords.

Scratte717
02-15-17, 09:15 AM
I am among those who stopped after reaching castle. Not that I needed it, but I am used to complete challenges we have. On one hand - it itches to see my name dropping from first places to the middle of the list - I would love to take part in real competition. But this one - when people jump by several thousands up just in an hour - by just buying gems... I am curious to see what happens during the last minutes. But overall - sad.

Slrasnake1
02-15-17, 09:38 AM
My Royal game tent and trees are now deco only. I'm not able to collect from the tent or chop trees. Anyone else having this issue? I thought the event ended this evening.

pticaberk
02-15-17, 09:42 AM
My Royal game tent and trees are now deco only. I'm not able to collect from the tent or chop trees. Anyone else having this issue? I thought the event ended this evening.

I have the same problem. Still I can deliver stuff and get point for monsters and chopping regular trees.

TerraRanomi
02-15-17, 09:49 AM
My Royal Games Tent suddenly stopped dropping points. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: oops, just read the posts above. We still have about 7 hours left.

Alohatami
02-15-17, 09:52 AM
Sadly, I'm going to fall short of the castle. I was hoping to get some requests for honey cakes and longswords this morning, but all I got was stew (I'm out of vegetables, even though I was growing as much as I could during the event), helm (no more gold nuggets), and lance (out of red petals, and even if I collected them at every opportunity, at 15 points a helm, I wouldn't be able to make enough for the 281 points I'm short in the 7 seven hours that are left). I could still use a coin dropping building as I'm only level 34, so it does bum me out that I won't make it. :(

riverly
02-15-17, 10:20 AM
The. Royal tree that I had 10 chops left still worked.

88silver
02-15-17, 10:23 AM
I have a Royal Games tree with one chop left that I was going to finish up today. But it won't let me chop it. Or store it. Or sell it. So now I'm stuck with this tree on my board forever??

meme1098
02-15-17, 10:23 AM
The. Royal tree that I had 10 chops left still worked.

I have several trees at just 1 chop & they're still that way. Maybe force close or reinstall? Hope it works out for you guys since there's still 6.5 hours still on my clock.

riverly
02-15-17, 10:26 AM
I have a Royal Games tree with one chop left that I was going to finish up today. But it won't let me chop it. Or store it. Or sell it. So now I'm stuck with this tree on my board forever??Thats your souvenir!!!! Seriously tho I hope this gets fixed.

pticaberk
02-15-17, 10:44 AM
I have several trees at just 1 chop & they're still that way. Maybe force close or reinstall? Hope it works out for you guys since there's still 6.5 hours still on my clock.

Thank you for the idea! I've tried forced close, reinstall and using CS: Winter instead of regular CS. But it didn't help.

Lyn3v3
02-15-17, 11:00 AM
I have the same issue with the tree. I just got it last night. Just a bit ago, I bought the knights boost to help me when I chop down the tree. But the tree won't chop. So that's a waste of gems for the tree and the boost and if they do fix it watch it be after my boost wears off. Ugh. May not make the limit without that tree. I also have the same issue as Alohatami above. I am out of red petals, out of prime cuts, out of gold nuggets. In the beginning I made tons of pork loin not knowing how this event would work. I now have 12 pork loins and the event only wants helmet, lance and beef stew. Ugh again. Thanks for letting me rant.

PrincessCelestian
02-15-17, 11:02 AM
This is a very frustrating event. I can be 1500 points ahead and then all of a sudden get lapped in the span of 15 minutes. It's very frustrating for that to happen. Especially if I have something to do in that span of time. I thought I liked these but I am starting to reconsider now.

cipanics
02-15-17, 11:46 AM
I have the same problem. Still I can deliver stuff and get point for monsters and chopping regular trees.

Hi, I am having the same problem, Cant store or cop the Royal Game Tree. I have 2 of those on the board

kattkrazie
02-15-17, 12:03 PM
On a positive note, I gained new neighbors from this event. We engaged in friendly competition (as in, I let them stay ahead of me.) Lol.

And I like the look of the new deco. The drops are disappointing, but I'll get over it.

TerraRanomi
02-15-17, 12:16 PM
On a positive note, I gained new neighbors from this event. We engaged in friendly competition (as in, I let them stay ahead of me.) Lol.

And I like the look of the new deco. The drops are disappointing, but I'll get over it.

I agree, and it looks very castle story-like. I especially like the drawbridge and the water pond around the back. Won't be putting it in storage just yet. ;)

RevdKathy
02-15-17, 12:19 PM
I invested in the tent early on, and it no longer has a timer. There's nearly five hours of the game to run, so potentially three more collections and 45 points. And it's not delivering any more. This is a definite *****.

I made three of the honey cakes and have never been asked for any.

Decision made. I won't engage in this type of game again.

MoonVillage3
02-15-17, 12:23 PM
This is a very frustrating event. I can be 1500 points ahead and then all of a sudden get lapped in the span of 15 minutes. It's very frustrating for that to happen. Especially if I have something to do in that span of time. I thought I liked these but I am starting to reconsider now.

my number 1 was well ahead for 5 days with over 2000. all of a sudden she's under with 2000. number 2 stayed quiet for days.. now has started to charge and not stopping. will they last the 5 hours left?
..LOL! I can laugh cause I've stopped after the castle but I'm sure they are angry, frustrated, stressed, sweating, hating, without resources and soon broke and ready to cry. this horse has to drop 100 energy every 2hours to repay those faithful players.. but I doubt it will be so.

MoonVillage3
02-15-17, 12:26 PM

You're a special player Katt.. not many like you around.

akocek
02-15-17, 12:35 PM
My royal tree also can no longer be chopped or stored. It had at least 12 chops left... feeling super annoyed as this is putting me in third place.

kattkrazie
02-15-17, 12:41 PM
You're a special player Katt.. not many like you around.

There's more of us than you'd think. Strangely, they prefer private messaging. Lol. ;)

katbtodd
02-15-17, 12:48 PM
I'm not even trying to win , may be if the prize was worth fighting for,, there is acouple on my leader board that must think so

katbtodd
02-15-17, 12:52 PM
my number 1 was well ahead for 5 days with over 2000. all of a sudden she's under with 2000. number 2 stayed quiet for days.. now has started to charge and not stopping. will they last the 5 hours left?
..LOL! I can laugh cause I've stopped after the castle but I'm sure they are angry, frustrated, stressed, sweating, hating, without resources and soon broke and ready to cry. this horse has to drop 100 energy every 2hours to repay those faithful players.. but I doubt it will be so.

I was thinking there is going to be a lot of disappointed winners.. Lol if he just drop horse hair and carrots

kattkrazie
02-15-17, 12:53 PM
I invested in the tent early on, and it no longer has a timer. There's nearly five hours of the game to run, so potentially three more collections and 45 points. And it's not delivering any more. This is a definite *****.

I made three of the honey cakes and have never been asked for any.

Decision made. I won't engage in this type of game again.

That's strange. My tent still works just fine. I wonder if it's because you're in a different time zone? And not enough time to do a support ticket. That's a bummer.

RevdKathy
02-15-17, 01:01 PM
That's strange. My tent still works just fine. I wonder if it's because you're in a different time zone? And not enough time to do a support ticket. That's a bummer.

There's still time on my timer, and I'm getting points for chopping stuff so the game is still active. So it makes no sense that my tent has reverted to being deco early.

It doesn't matter. I'm not going to win. I bought it because it's actually a rather neat piece of artwork. But I'm annoyed at being *****ed. Starting to feel like *****ing is the name of the game for S8, which is sad. I'm looking to see how much more story I have to do, and I'll back out when that's done. I still play another S8 game, but I've managed to never spend anything on that one. My game fund is looking pretty healthy right now!

Andro45
02-15-17, 01:04 PM
I missed the update until well in the weekend. No way I am going to make 3200 points on either of my games. Doesn't really matter as being 5th or so is perfectly fine by me.I'm lucky that the groups I'm in are not overly active. I'm not using up all my resources for this as I am still recovering from all the events since august...

I have the same problems with my royal games trees, not able to chop them, I have 2 in inventory I can place in my kingdom, but they wont chop so I put them back. One however was partly chopped so I can't store that one anymore. Too bad, because I needed the wood and it would have been nice to gather some stressless points. Tried force stop, clearing cache, reboot and reinstall.

I do hope I can use the trees for the next Royal games (assuming there will be more).

Did not buy the game tent, because I found 150 gems a bit much for a 1000 coin-castle and a small chance of a maybe not so useful horse.

ShibuyaCloth
02-15-17, 01:14 PM
For those in the 3 first ranks of their respective teams. Happy to get a few inventory cards of the trophies & the Steed!

Thanks

SpiritWind00
02-15-17, 01:29 PM
I've reported the tree and tent issues...

pticaberk
02-15-17, 01:50 PM
It seems that bug was fixed. My tent is working and I can chop royal game trees again :D

sexyalc
02-15-17, 01:51 PM

I have been number 1 or 2 for days working hard to stay there but today a player jumps over 1000 points. I guess they have been stock piling goods did not know this was a tackticks game. Thank you for understanding how frustrated some other players are. I know it is just a game but I have used so many resources . Never mind will know better than to start these things in future.

RevdKathy
02-15-17, 01:58 PM
Thanks for reporting. My tent is working again.

Have to say this is the buggiest and most poorly optimised for Android I have seen Castle Story, and it's had some buggy iterations in the last 18 months. Here's hoping for a smoother upgrade soon.

Meereen39
02-15-17, 02:00 PM
Same here I was no 1 with a comfortable lead but with 3 hours left everyone is charging forward. I wait to the last 15 minutes and go for broke.. Hopefully I get too be at least 3 who knows... But I realize now that I have wasted so many energy and gems which could of been used elsewhere.. Oh well.

RevdKathy
02-15-17, 02:06 PM
Tactics like that put people in certain time zones at a distinct disadvantage.

liluger4e
02-15-17, 02:16 PM
I have been number 1 or 2 for days working hard to stay there but today a player jumps over 1000 points. I guess they have been stock piling goods did not know this was a tackticks game. Thank you for understanding how frustrated some other players are. I know it is just a game but I have used so many resources . Never mind will know better than to start these things in future.

Something similar is happening in my group. For the last couple of days me and three others have been switching around the first 4 places. And now another player has accumulated over 3000 and more points in less than half an hour.....

I am really hating this competitive and teamwork approach of this latest event Storm8 are taking. Hope it is the last time. It is impossible to compete with players using tones of gems and many many sources of additional energy.
Plus the challanges required a lot of resources, rare ones, a lot of time and so on.
This is becoming too commercial - it looks as if the only purpose is to make us spend money on jems....

Enormous disappointment.....

fhyffddh
02-15-17, 02:17 PM
I was semi-on board with this competition until today and exactly what I thought might happen has now happened to me. I'm in the mid-tier bracket. Have consistently been ranked at #1 on my board and have been diligently working to keep it that way all week without gems. Last night I was 150 points above the next person. That person is now over 200 points ahead of me - that's 450 points in 12 hours. When I saw what was happening I was like "ok I will keep working for 2nd - I've worked hard on this and want the horse." Don't think I need to say what happened next. #3 on the list has now gotten about 1000 points in the last two hours. And, neither of those two people even have expanded to the elf trades, which means they are not using runes to speed things up like I am. So, I'm now at #3 and SOL on the horse unless I decide to invest real money into getting it on top of near constant gameplay over the past week. All I'll get is a stupid trophy deco (which I already have from the Cindy event) and 15 trade tickets because I am refusing to do that. Thanks a lot for the level playing field. I'm willing to buy gems to make the game easier or as a trade off for less time/effort, but not to get into a bidding war with real money. Absurd. Won't do this ever again.

Jackiesq
02-15-17, 03:05 PM
I was semi-on board with this competition until today and exactly what I thought might happen has now happened to me. I'm in the mid-tier bracket. Have consistently been ranked at #1 on my board and have been diligently working to keep it that way all week without gems. Last night I was 150 points above the next person. That person is now over 200 points ahead of me - that's 450 points in 12 hours. When I saw what was happening I was like "ok I will keep working for 2nd - I've worked hard on this and want the horse." Don't think I need to say what happened next. #3 on the list has now gotten about 1000 points in the last two hours. And, neither of those two people even have expanded to the elf trades, which means they are not using runes to speed things up like I am. So, I'm now at #3 and SOL on the horse unless I decide to invest real money into getting it on top of near constant gameplay over the past week. All I'll get is a stupid trophy deco (which I already have from the Cindy event) and 15 trade tickets because I am refusing to do that. Thanks a lot for the level playing field. I'm willing to buy gems to make the game easier or as a trade off for less time/effort, but not to get into a bidding war with real money. Absurd. Won't do this ever again.

In Dragon Story this Leaderboards are only interesting to know what rank you are in the last hour! I've seen players tripple their points in a few minutes, coming from invisible ranks (10th or so) and ended 2nd...

Nessell
02-15-17, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know what happens if you buy both boosts? Do they stack and give you a x6 bonus?

PrincessCelestian
02-15-17, 03:22 PM
Looking back I have used almost 100 silver runes (which took me ages to gain), over 300 gems and countless energy. I will finish second I hope. I have given up on first. I have been first pretty much the whole time but I am tired of wasting resources on this now after no 2 lapped me by 2000 points in half an hour. I fought back but I am tired of fighting. And I will be in an appointment when the event ends so I can't have a last minute run at it. I have gutted so much of my various reserves. And unless this horse is major, it will have been for nothing but some trade tickets. I think that S8 will have to come out with some really amazing prizes and let me actually know what they drop before I will waste such an amazing amount of resources for these in the future. I was really excited about this at first but now it is my least favorite event type.

TerraRanomi
02-15-17, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know what happens if you buy both boosts? Do they stack and give you a x6 bonus?

You can't, the game will ask you if you want to replace your current boost with the new one.

kattkrazie
02-15-17, 03:50 PM

No, if you craft a boost that's already runnning, the new one goes into storage and can be activated after the old one expires. You can run multiple boosts at once but only if they're different boosts.

mayennalee
02-15-17, 03:51 PM
So can anyone point me in the direction of what the Games Castle drops? so far I have only gotten coins. Its a bit lame if we only get coin.

Also, just as feedback, I have had the same thing happen with the miraculous jumping up of 1000s of points thing. I figure that they are gemming past cooking the random foods that give you more points and spending on the speed up gem option.

I dont think I would want to spend that much money on a horse - unless he was guaranteed to give me 40 energy each time (with no take backs).

Robkendy
02-15-17, 03:57 PM
more like they have been hoarding the crafts and trees and are now dumping everything worth points combined with a 3x multiplier

PrincessCelestian
02-15-17, 04:03 PM
more like they have been hoarding the crafts and trees and are now dumping everything worth points combined with a 3x multiplier

Clever idea but where is the fun in that really?!?! I hope these aren't a staple. They make the game not fun.