PDA

View Full Version : Parts

Matzaa_4u
02-08-17, 06:52 AM
Could someone please tell me what all these "parts" are for? People keep gifting them to me and it says I can't even use them, nor would I even know what to use them for! Help?

kayjco
02-08-17, 07:47 AM
Some ovens, you buy them and they're ready to use. Other ovens, you buy them and they have to be assembled with parts. You see a little hammer in the pic before you buy the oven if some assembly is required.

Parts need to be collected to build the ovens that require assembly. Different ovens require different parts. Some are regular parts, like gears. Others are unique to that oven, like picnic baskets.

So people send parts. Depending on the part, you may really be glad to have it one day!!

I accept whatever people send me. Very often, when I buy an oven that requires assembly, I have some or all of the parts already.

Many players will send you either parts or food, depending on what you want. If you want food, try to find neighbors who will send you food. Different people play differently, some will send food, some won't. Depends on playing style. IMO, there is no wrong way to play, just different ways. Find people who play like you do, if you can. (Easier said than done, I know.)

I don't know what is saying you can't use them. Is it when you click "use gift"? Is it saying it's a part and can't be served? When you click "use gift" it serves up food. If that's the issue, it's saying it can't serve up parts. People can't eat them on the counters.

If it's something else saying it can't be used, you got me. I don't know. Maybe someone else will.

Hope that answered your question!! 😀

mogglo
02-08-17, 07:55 AM
The parts are used to build appliances. You can build appliances more quickly if you already have the parts, rather than waiting for neighbours to send material requests. Some parts are more versatile, as they are used for several appliances e.g. screw, gear, mallet, paint, wiring, knob, motor, steel, brass diverter. Accept the parts sent to you as they will be needed as you progress in the game.

twospoons
02-08-17, 04:36 PM
What they said, with the caveat that some parts you may be gifted are currently used in only 1 particular appliance, and that appliance can't be bought by new players. If an appliance was part of a goal set that you didn't complete (since you weren't playing back when it was released), you very likely** will never be able to buy the appliance.

Which is fine, there are new ovens all the time. And it's possible one of the new ovens may reuse one of those old oven parts that you've collected but haven't been able to use. But since you can only get 20 gifts per day, you may want to not accept the gifts like holly screwdrivers or spanish knobs or such in the hopes that one day they may be useful, when food or common parts like gears and screws or current goal/oven gifts would be a lot more useful to you now.

If you explore the game guide a bit ( https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59838-Restaurant-Story-Game-Guide ) you can see what appliances you can use your parts in, or see what parts you should be collecting if you want to build a particular appliance.

** S8 has a couple times released old goal sets so new players could get them, but not with any sort of predictability. So I'd just assume that all the appliances at the back of your appliance tab that are greyed out and say "Goal" as opposed to a level are ones you won't ever get, and maybe sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised, instead of waiting to be able to buy them and be disappointed.