I have it too. Just installed but nothing new so far

katbtodd
02-07-17, 08:12 AM
I have it too. Just installed but nothing new so far

Bet it will show up Thursday

meme1098
02-07-17, 08:35 AM
It most likely will be a Community Event...Ugh 😕

And way too much pink on the splash screen.

casalorena
02-07-17, 08:48 AM
How do you get the swan for the pink eggs?

amerirish
02-07-17, 09:13 AM
It most likely will be a Community Event...Ugh ��

And way too much pink on the splash screen.

Sounds like a Leaderboard event like they have in Dragon Story - hate those :mad:

coccochin
02-07-17, 11:47 AM
Pink, pink, pink

kinetikos
02-07-17, 12:09 PM
It does sound like Leaderboard. The only nice thing about those is the Milestones (if you don't have them already). But what kind of Milestones would CS have?

meme1098
02-07-17, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a Leaderboard event like they have in Dragon Story - hate those :mad:

No, no, & just no!!! Lol. Why would I want to pit myself against my nbrs? Not the way I live in RL won't do it here since I consider my nbrs my friends.

ShibuyaCloth
02-07-17, 01:00 PM
Whaaa, reminds me of the famous Valentine Edition where we owned the Love Shack! :cool: I am just missing the pink forest!

TerraRanomi
02-07-17, 01:12 PM
Update for Android is now also available.

Like the new tiny castle notification.

88silver
02-07-17, 01:19 PM
I don't play Dragon Story. Can someone briefly explain the leaderboard or link to a DS thread that explains it?

roguebee
02-07-17, 01:22 PM
Looks like we got fresh clothes to wear...

ktorewqas
02-07-17, 06:38 PM
Compete with other kingdoms? It does not sound good :confused:

mayennalee
02-07-17, 08:08 PM
Just opened the Android version. It wanted me to sign in via Google Play Games so I could play against other people. No thanks S8. Wont be doing that.

ETA. Really really slow in loading and putting all inventory in place. And I dont have a full/busy kingdom.

Do like the fact that the market is now showing a Sale sign. Thumbs up for that one

ReinierMamaWouter
02-07-17, 10:26 PM
I don't play Dragon Story. Can someone briefly explain the leaderboard or link to a DS thread that explains it?

I hope so too. I don't understand the reference to "leaderbord"either.

SpiritWind00
02-07-17, 10:42 PM
My understanding of it (limited that it is as I don't do DS leaderboards, but I did win one in Fantasy Forest) is that you compete with a particular group of people (no idea how groups are chosen) and you 'do' things in your kingdom. Whoever can do the most of the list of things that count towards points gets the prize.

I can't think of what things we might do, but I imagine it's probably about crafting items and growing things, defeating monsters, doing trades, maybe Elven and/or Royal exchange. In the other games that have leaderboards it does seem like those players who spend the most time in the game and those that use boosts and gems win and jump ahead in points quickly.

I guess we wait and see...

comeseecomesah
02-07-17, 11:08 PM
I'm Android. I had an automatic update but it wouldn't load in any of my kingdoms. Never had loading problem before on my device.Thanks to TerraRanomi suggesting I reinstall I can get in and am well ready for new event....unless it's a darn leaderboard. Don't like those. It's usually the top 2 players out of 20 in our leaderboards who get the grand prize...in other words usually the ones who use the most gold/gems, but there are prizes we can get by reaching milestones by making points by various means. We can only wait and see how it is.

hagypagy
02-07-17, 11:31 PM
Wowza! What an update on the way! :cool:

Super worried about this Royal Games/leaderboard/competing against my neighbours.
Sounds like there's gonna be a lot of disappointed players and a lot of hard work for no guaranteed prizes :confused: :( :mad:

Ivy gets a lover!!! :eek: ;)
He better be a sexy forest fella who's a little more in touch with correct ideas of romance.
(moreso than Clyde, Stanley or the Baron seem to be. :p )
Assuming he'll be walker.

Hopefully this "chaos in the clouds" they mention fixes up the Elven trades. :rolleyes:
Wuold make sense if someone or something has been intercepting the Cloudsparrow on its return and taking all our runes.
Sky pirates?!? :eek:

ashanthya
02-07-17, 11:39 PM
The thing I hate most about the Leaderboard events is that only the top two players out of a random group of twenty get the grand prize. And the people that get that prize are usually the ones that spend actual, physical money since the Leaderboards are heavily skewed in that direction. Otoh, the whales love Leaderboards. And S8 loves whales. Sometimes the whales have no problem spending literally hundreds of dollars on a single Leaderboard event. If you have multiple whales in your group, the points value can get astronomical really fast.

(There is a current Leaderboard event ongoing in FFS.) To get points in DS, you have to breed, hatch, evolve, and feed your dragons. The rarer the dragon, bred or hatched, the more points you get. You can also buy deco (for gold! (The CS equivalent of purple diamonds!)) exclusive to the event that give you Leaderboard points every few hours. We also get a Spin-the-wheel that you can spin every 4 hours that gives Leaderboard points or deco items like paths. There are Milestone prizes that everyone can earn if you get enough points. Usually all but the final Milestone prize are recycled from other things, like a dragon that was a prize from a different event or from a limited-time breeding opportunity. Sometimes they are good prizes, like a new habitat that was previously only available for gold, and sometimes not so much, like 4 paths. The final Milestone prize, and the prize for the first and second place winners of the Leaderboard event, are always new and exclusive dragons. So that's 2 new dragons per Leaderboard event: one everyone who works hard can get (usually a super rare), and one that only 2 people in your competition group of 20 will get (usually an ultra rare).

The thing that interests me the most about bringing the Leaderboard event to CS, isn't the prizes (which'll probably be an exclusive animal/coin building/deco), but the Spin-the-wheel. In DS & FFS the wheel always has a wedge for that games equivalent of TRADE TICKETS! Eeeeeeee! A (potentially) new way of getting trade tickets! Now, THAT has me excited.

MoonVillage3
02-07-17, 11:46 PM
I hope so too. I don't understand the reference to "leaderbord"either.

Don't know how CS leaderboard will work.. but in a few other games I played, where there were leaderboards, it was simply an updated list with kingdom names showing their XP totals. As a player earned more XPs their name would automatically move higher on the result board.. finally to remain visible on the board.

It was obvious that older players were on top of the list.. due to the more years they played, more collections they made, more buildings they owned.. would all add up into their XPs.

There was not only the XP Board.. there was also different boards where you could see: who had most friends, who received most gifts, who 'weekly' gained more xps, and finally top rating of the entire game.

It was not really a 'live' competition against other kingdoms.. it was just your placement in participating in the game. Maybe only the first 300/500 names would show.. but you could always 'search' and find your own personal name. This would inspiring players to continue playing and participating.. so their name would appear in a 'fixed shown' position.

What was very useful with these 'leaderboards' is you could see who was active in the game.. as after 10days.. if you did not open your game.. your name would disappear, as you were 'inactive', but, if ever you opened the game again and participated in something.. your name would be re-inserted and visible, if you had a 'visible' placement. Abandoned kingdoms, inactive kingdoms, broken games not being used anymore would all be elimated.

This might just be S8's solution on being able go judge 'active' and 'inactive' kingdoms. So many players start playing, but considerably few continue. With this system.. who plays daily.. can be seen.

Hope I have not set off confusion.. but someone asked how could 'leaderboards' work. This is an example of different games I know.

ReinierMamaWouter
02-08-17, 12:00 AM
My understanding of it (limited that it is as I don't do DS leaderboards, but I did win one in Fantasy Forest) is that you compete with a particular group of people (no idea how groups are chosen) and you 'do' things in your kingdom. Whoever can do the most of the list of things that count towards points gets the prize.

I can't think of what things we might do, but I imagine it's probably about crafting items and growing things, defeating monsters, doing trades, maybe Elven and/or Royal exchange. In the other games that have leaderboards it does seem like those players who spend the most time in the game and those that use boosts and gems win and jump ahead in points quickly.

Thank you!

ReinierMamaWouter
02-08-17, 12:00 AM
Don't know how CS leaderboard will work.. but in a few other games I played, where there were leaderboards, it was simply an updated list with kingdom names showing their XP totals. As a player earned more XPs their name would automatically move higher on the result board.. finally to remain visible on the board.

It was obvious that older players were on top of the list.. due to the more years they played, more collections they made, more buildings they owned.. would all add up into their XPs.

There was not only the XP Board.. there was also different boards where you could see: who had most friends, who received most gifts, who 'weekly' gained more xps, and finally top rating of the entire game.

It was not really a 'live' competition against other kingdoms.. it was just your placement in participating in the game. Maybe only the first 300/500 names would show.. but you could always 'search' and find your own personal name. This would inspiring players to continue playing and participating.. so their name would appear in a 'fixed shown' position.

What was very useful with these 'leaderboards' is you could see who was active in the game.. as after 10days.. if you did not open your game.. your name would disappear, as you were 'inactive', but, if ever you opened the game again and participated in something.. your name would be re-inserted and visible, if you had a 'visible' placement. Abandoned kingdoms, inactive kingdoms, broken games not being used anymore would all be elimated.

This might just be S8's solution on being able go judge 'active' and 'inactive' kingdoms. So many players start playing, but considerably few continue. With this system.. who plays daily.. can be seen.

Hope I have not set off confusion.. but someone asked how could 'leaderboards' work. This is an example of different games I know.

Thank you!

cavegirl1
02-08-17, 12:01 AM
Note that the iOS update itself did not specifically mention the term leaderboard. It says compete against other kingdoms, and collect Royal Games points to gain prizes. So it sounds like a live competition.

And if it it is like other S8 leaderboards, (which are not like those I have seen in other games), we are unlikely to see where our neighbours ended up to know if they are active or not.

SpiritWind00
02-08-17, 12:37 AM
The thing that interests me the most about bringing the Leaderboard event to CS, isn't the prizes (which'll probably be an exclusive animal/coin building/deco), but the Spin-the-wheel. In DS & FFS the wheel always has a wedge for that games equivalent of TRADE TICKETS! Eeeeeeee! A (potentially) new way of getting trade tickets! Now, THAT has me excited.
Think *BIGGER*... Make that expansion permits! :):):):):) now I'd make time somehow to get more of them!

Thanks for the extra info on how the leaderboard thing may work. :)

MoonVillage3
02-08-17, 01:52 AM

Just as long as it's not a way of pushing players to use gems to complete whatever tasks! This would become a money spending game.. instead of simple leisure and something 'live' to do.
I have already abandoned games for this same reason.. too much stress and expenses not calculated. It's not RL here and should be a pleasure. Just hope no major changes are made.
We'll wait and see.

TerraRanomi
02-08-17, 02:49 AM
CS notifications are going crazy.

SpiritWind00
02-08-17, 03:12 AM
CS notifications are going crazy.
and that's why you turn them off! :) lol

parlski
02-08-17, 03:14 AM
I didn't turn off the "quick invite" setting in time... anyone else get a pant load of invites from the "add me!!!" types?

ashanthya
02-08-17, 05:16 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, DS recently introduced a type of Bingo game as an event. In it, every square on the Bingo card has an action to perform, like breed a specific dragon or plant a specific crop so many times or go on certain quests, ect. Each square is worth so many points and completing a Bingo gets you even more points (& a new card). You compete in groups of 20 (again!) in a 'League' and prizes are boosts (such as speeding up crops by 10 times). Everybody is sorted into one of the Leagues and the top players in the lower Leagues advance up the chain of Leagues and the bottom players drop a League. There are 5 Leagues: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Stone and Timber. Players in the top Leagues can also win Tickets as well as boosts. Tickets can be cashed in for exclusive prizes. One of the prizes (the most expensive of course) is a gold-producing dragon. The equivalent in CS would be a daily alicorn that always dropped purple diamonds.

My long-winded point 🙂 is that the group you are currently competing against displays in a Leaderboard view as well. While this is labeled an 'Adventure League Bingo Event' in DS, it's still a Leaderboard-type event. This particular type of event might fit better in CS than the DS 'Leaderboard Events' straight-out competition.

rulerofjennyville
02-08-17, 05:54 AM
I really don't need another unfinishable goal. I'm having trouble getting buildings up to level 6 and the fairy bulb thing since they wiped me out of jewels. There's no way I'm going to be able to battle 500 monsters or make 100 exchanges with the greedy fairys.

mcb397
02-08-17, 07:03 AM
Interesting. I'm on an iPad Pro (the big one) and since updating the opening splash page doesn't fill the whole screen and my pop ups and icons are smaller than normal. Thinking someone messed up some graphic's sizes somewhere. Gameplay doesn't seem affected though.

88silver
02-08-17, 07:10 AM
Interesting. I'm on an iPad Pro (the big one) and since updating the opening splash page doesn't fill the whole screen and my pop ups and icons are smaller than normal. Thinking someone messed up some graphic's sizes somewhere. Gameplay doesn't seem affected though.

I'm on Android, and things are graphically messed up in my game, too. They took away the bottom Android bar (with exit, home, and quick switch buttons), but rather than giving me extra pixels of screen view, they stretched everything taller. Now all the pictures are skewed and off.

HuckleTown
02-08-17, 08:38 AM
A couple of years ago I went through a "Valentine' Day Update Massacre" with a different game so I am very Leary to update CS. I am on iOS, has the update worked?

PrincessCupOButter
02-08-17, 08:51 AM
A couple of years ago I went through a "Valentine' Day Update Massacre" with a different game so I am very Leary to update CS. I am on iOS, has the update worked?

I'm on an iPad with iOS 10 and the only 'glitch' I've noticed so far is that the graphics are off in the rune market. Then color of runes needed is off center and partially on top of the previous color's number of runes needed.

(For example, if 40 silver runes are needed, the gold rune is partially covering the number 40.)

TerraRanomi
02-08-17, 10:21 AM
I'm on an iPad with iOS 10 and the only 'glitch' I've noticed so far is that the graphics are off in the rune market. Then color of runes needed is off center and partially on top of the previous color's number of runes needed.

(For example, if 40 silver runes are needed, the gold rune is partially covering the number 40.)

After you mentioned it I checked there too (I'm on Android) and here's your visual:

4 Gold Runes is pretty doable for a Mystic Kiln.

CocoMom101
02-08-17, 01:24 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, DS recently introduced a type of Bingo game as an event. In it, every square on the Bingo card has an action to perform, like breed a specific dragon or plant a specific crop so many times or go on certain quests, ect. Each square is worth so many points and completing a Bingo gets you even more points (& a new card). You compete in groups of 20 (again!) in a 'League' and prizes are boosts (such as speeding up crops by 10 times). Everybody is sorted into one of the Leagues and the top players in the lower Leagues advance up the chain of Leagues and the bottom players drop a League. There are 5 Leagues: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Stone and Timber. Players in the top Leagues can also win Tickets as well as boosts. Tickets can be cashed in for exclusive prizes. One of the prizes (the most expensive of course) is a gold-producing dragon. The equivalent in CS would be a daily alicorn that always dropped purple diamonds.

My long-winded point 🙂 is that the group you are currently competing against displays in a Leaderboard view as well. While this is labeled an 'Adventure League Bingo Event' in DS, it's still a Leaderboard-type event. This particular type of event might fit better in CS than the DS 'Leaderboard Events' straight-out competition.

That sounds like fun - but a lot of work, too! My update didn't come at 1pm local time like it usually does. Has anyone else had the Kingdom Event start?

SpiritWind00
02-08-17, 01:26 PM
Hi, I've reported the display issues. Has anyone done a second reinstall to see if it gets better? If not, please can you? Need data from both platforms... Cheers.

TerraRanomi
02-08-17, 02:02 PM
Hi, I've reported the display issues. Has anyone done a second reinstall to see if it gets better? If not, please can you? Need data from both platforms... Cheers.

Just reinstalled the game on Android but the runes & numbers still overlap. (I play CS on my phone btw.) Thank you for reporting the issues. :)

Meowmeowbeans
02-08-17, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear about these issues in the Rune Market! The team is currently working to resolve that issue.

If there are other visual issues in the game after updating, please let us know (screenshots are always appreciated!)

88silver
02-08-17, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear about these issues in the Rune Market! The team is currently working to resolve that issue.

If there are other visual issues in the game after updating, please let us know (screenshots are always appreciated!)

I'm on Android.
The black navigation bar at the bottom of the screen (see the attached old screenshot) is gone. Instead of having extra viewable area in my kingdom, the previous view has been stretched to fit the new height. Everything is just slightly too tall and weird looking.

RainbowsandRandoms
02-08-17, 07:35 PM
Is the update V4 on android please? That one is pink but it seems an old one.

88silver
02-09-17, 08:12 AM
Is the update V4 on android please? That one is pink but it seems an old one.

It's on Android as an update, not a separate app. Make sure your CS game is updated and has a pink load screen, and you should be good.