PDA

View Full Version : Deleting old dragon crafting pieces. Why isn't this a thing yet?

Eilonthay
02-06-17, 05:54 PM
Edit- Old parts have now been hidden as per players requests!! KP 3-8-17

Just so everyone knows, you still own the items, I've just hidden them from your storage. I see that there are still some really old parts in there that we'll likely hide soon as well.

So, S8, I've got all these partial collections of pieces for crafting various dragons that went away before I was able to finish them...and now my inventory is a mess. Isn't there some way to get rid of this stuff?

It's not like I can use mystic cards, ironbars, mineral deposits, puzzle pieces, sulfurite, mail, chandelier crystals, pan flutes, haunted runestones, etc., ect., ECT. anymore. I'm past the point of rolling my eyes at the fact that I missed out on being able to craft them and now I just want them gone...I need the room.

How about being able to sell them for some coin? I'd be happy with just being able to delete them (with a confirmation button, of course). I'd be even happier if they just disappeared from inventory as soon as the ability to craft whatever dragons they belong to became unavailable. I vaguely recall such a mechanic happening a long while back, but that could just be wishful thinking.

Sure, I'd be willing to bet there are those players out there that like collecting that stuff (I know there certainly are over in Castle Story and frankly, that inventory system over there leaves so much to be desired, it's not even funny), but that's what the confirmation button would be there for.

I can't help wondering if maybe one of the reasons my S8 games crash so much (oh, so much) is because they have to load all these ridiculous inventories bloated with useless junk. These days, I don't even like looking at my storage button the wrong way, lest it crash the game. I'm hoping this is a change that's just been in development, rather than something that's been forgotten so that developers can work on bringing us a bingo game that's impossible to win and prize wheels that don't turn very easily, etc.

I just want to declutter my inventory in DS...also in Castle Story, Restaurant Story, and Bakery Story....is that so much to ask? There's no way I'm the only one that has issues with the inventories on all of these games. If it meant that everybody had to wait a couple months for a new event while the inventory system was revamped, I think people would actually welcome the break. These back to back events are kinda stressful when you're busy. I know I'm not the only one that has dragons they can't raise to max level because the food requirements are steep enough you have to save up for an event instead. It would save server space too, I'd imagine, getting rid of all that useless junk.

Please, please, please?

EDIT: HOORAY! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It's so much easier to scroll through now. And I just realized how many path pieces in decor I've got...yikes.

FireballFarm
02-06-17, 06:12 PM
I had an idea for the extra parts a while back:

Toss any 100 spare parts into the crafting shack. Choose the Mystery Dragon button to begin crafting. 24 hours later, an egg will be ready. Which egg? That's the mystery! The egg will match one of the parts you used (randomly selected), but which one?

This would be a good way to empty out the crammed storage units, plus give players another chance to collect a crafted dragon or two they missed out on. The kinda-gambling/mystery aspect would make it fun and exciting! At the very least, the newly crafted dragons could be traded away for gemstones. Win/win/win, all around.

Clark_Wayne
02-06-17, 06:55 PM

Toss any 100 spare parts into the crafting shack. Choose the Mystery Dragon button to begin crafting. 24 hours later, an egg will be ready. Which egg? That's the mystery! The egg will match one of the parts you used (randomly selected), but which one?

This would be a good way to empty out the crammed storage units, plus give players another chance to collect a crafted dragon or two they missed out on. The kinda-gambling/mystery aspect would make it fun and exciting! At the very least, the newly crafted dragons could be traded away for gemstones. Win/win/win, all around.

that's a really good idea !
i would add : you can choose different type of crafting, like 100 parts for a rare dragon and 200 for a super rare dragon :)

rosym47
02-07-17, 01:38 AM
that's a really good idea !
i would add : you can choose different type of crafting, like 100 parts for a rare dragon and 200 for a super rare dragon :)

Yes please, pretty please S8. Yard Sale dragon, Thrifty dragon? But if that is too much then just some way of getting rid of the clutter.

starship412
02-07-17, 09:45 AM
The mystery dragon option would work especially for high level players who have difficulty staying on the game because of crashes (I believe the cluttered storage is the culprit along with a few minor things.)

topgate44
02-07-17, 10:10 AM
I love this idea... Lets go Storm 8 give it to us. Clean up storage ... Yardsale dragon...

9krm
02-07-17, 10:31 AM
love the idea of a spare parts/ yard sale dragon!

amerirish
02-07-17, 12:08 PM
Even if they didn't want to create a new dragon that is crafted from spare parts, I wish we could either trade or sell parts for apples and/or coins.

Clark_Wayne
02-07-17, 03:49 PM
Even if they didn't want to create a new dragon that is crafted from spare parts, I wish we could either trade or sell parts for apples and/or coins.

another very good idea ! :) trading part for food ! i love it :)

topgate44
02-07-17, 05:09 PM
U people are brilliant. Love these ideas

Clark_Wayne
02-07-17, 07:05 PM
s8 should give us golds for those ideas :P (just dreaming LOL)

Eilonthay
02-08-17, 01:52 PM

Oooo, I like that idea! So much better than just deleting the pieces. I'd go with vendoring them for apples too, like someone else said, since they'd be used right away. Recycling at its finest, I suppose.

Betsy0923
02-15-17, 06:55 AM
I would love any way to use or lose those extra pieces, but I really love the mystery craft a dragon idea! I have restarted my game from the beginning several times, by choice, and each time I think longingly of my old dragons when I am in the battle arena. Probably a major feature, but to me much more useful than a rebreed or invite button.

kat8rose
02-17-17, 12:33 PM
How about all the runestones collected from farming during tales events. Can't there be a specific dragon to craft relative to those specific parts? Please and thank you.

CuteTali
02-17-17, 08:08 PM
Instead of deleting I'd rather they bring them back, like they've done before by requesting parts from neighbours to craft dragons.

JustKay
02-18-17, 09:35 PM
I don't really know why that take away dragons from the craft shop anyway. I know it keeps things tidy, but the craft shop is basically another market place that is under-utilised. All the craftable dragons should be able to be bought with gold out right, if the option to win parts from the mine disappears. All the items we've collected should still be useful, if you're willing to pay gold for the parts you are missing. It's basically money on the table that S8 are walking away from. New players who missed the original event could go into the craft shop and pay gold for dragons they like that they missed out on. Instead they do strange things like letting you win these craftable dragons as bonus eggs in the mine, that drop so super rarely that people don't bother. That is more work than just leaving all craftable dragons as they are in the shop.

rosym47
02-19-17, 01:45 AM
The main problem I have with these unusable items is that I have to keep them and build up the storage on my device. I already get rid of decor items to keep the size of the game down, and I get rid of ugly "special" dragons. If the game takes up much more space I will have to dump it.

dragonmother17
02-22-17, 02:13 AM
These are great ideas! I'd love to be able to do something with all the spare bits.

wicca_angel
02-22-17, 02:45 AM
I agree, cleaning up would be so great. For DS is getting a big game to play and RS is having to much stuff in inventory as well. There is stuff of old goals in there that i didn't make in time but like to have, can't though. And stuf i don't want but i can buy, won't though. Pls give us a change to trow away things we don't want and clean storage from goalparts we can't ever use no more. Just let us get the junk out of our game. PLS!!!!

Mbrill75
02-28-17, 06:39 PM
I agree 100%. I've asked that same question over and over again and never get an answer. It's a waste holding onto all that old stuff!!

katali119
03-01-17, 12:11 PM
Seems to now be a thing, all the old parts are gone from storage. So are the Marionette parts, which can still be crafted. Bit of an error there?

geckoos
03-01-17, 01:48 PM
Seems to now be a thing, all the old parts are gone from storage. So are the Marionette parts, which can still be crafted. Bit of an error there?

My 68 leviathan parts from 2012 are still in storage, marionette pieces gone tho

papalove1
03-01-17, 02:23 PM
I still have:
Lightspeed Orb
Steelflare Crest
Battle Horn
Fire Opal
Lighthouse Beacon
Sand Stone
& Venetian Mask.

Not 100%, but it's sure a whole lot better.
Don't even know how much junk I had. Page after page of stuff is finally gone...
And the storage scrolls faster now.
Yay!

mooskye
03-04-17, 04:17 AM
Maybe we could have a shop similar to farm story to sell our unused parts and duplicate dragons from storage, as well as buy from others.

JustKay
03-07-17, 11:06 PM
Well, S8 sure shut down the discussion about what to do with old parts fairly quickly. I guess that's a pretty firm "no" to all the suggestions :rolleyes:

I still have:
Lightspeed Orb
Steelflare Crest
Battle Horn
Fire Opal
Lighthouse Beacon
Sand Stone
& Venetian Mask.

Not 100%, but it's sure a whole lot better.
Don't even know how much junk I had. Page after page of stuff is finally gone...
And the storage scrolls faster now.
Yay!

I have a few more than your list. All up I still have:
Lightspeed Orb
Midnight Mace
Leviathan Pearls
Magma Core
Steelflare Crest
Morning Star
Tarot Card
Maple Leaf, Birch Leaf & Oak Leaf (from Dragon Summoning I think)
Battle Horn
Fire Opal
Guardian Mace
Samurai Steel
Nightlight Orb
Templar Helm
Venetian Mask
Winddancer Ring
Bluebell
Runestone
Hibiscus Blossom
Immortal Mask
Arrowhead
Spirit Scythe
Lighthouse beacon
Sandstone

FlatFoot
03-08-17, 12:29 PM
Just so everyone knows, you still own the items, I've just hidden them from your storage. I see that there are still some really old parts in there that we'll likely hide soon as well.

kooky panda
03-08-17, 03:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know Flatfoot!!!:)