PDA

View Full Version : Next week's update: What are you doing to prepare?

danzplace
02-05-17, 11:02 AM
Now that we know there is an update next week, in time for Valentine's Day, what are you doing to prepare?

Personally, I am hoarding eggs, now that I have my cow (we can save up to 1000). I am also making out on: chocolate, sugar, ice cream, sugar and red petals...

Irma_Isle
02-05-17, 08:14 PM
How can you storage 1000 eggs?

danzplace
02-05-17, 09:33 PM
The capacity for swan eggs is 1000. I have 42 now. Waiting to spend them until after we see what next week's update is...

MoonVillage3
02-06-17, 05:50 AM
Now that we know there is an update next week, in time for Valentine's Day, what are you doing to prepare?

Personally, I am hoarding eggs, now that I have my cow (we can save up to 1000). I am also making out on: chocolate, sugar, ice cream, sugar and red petals...

how about some red dye.. they always want us to dye something.. and I would add white petals to ur list.. just in case someone asks us for pink..lol!
could be all kinds of petals too? ..considering we just got the Shrub House? (don't remember the name)

Solientus
02-06-17, 06:31 AM
I'm actually trying not to do to much and am just stocking up on my energy for the next week. Other then that - Feasts and building mats with long timers while the workshops aren't busy with event items :)

aurora171
02-06-17, 08:54 AM
Stocking up on golden nuggets and eggs where I Can! That seems to be the going rate for events atm

TerraRanomi
02-06-17, 09:38 AM
Nothing. Should I? I always try to stay maxed out on all resources, event or not. Maybe I'll make some extra chocolate, ice cream and red dye then. ;)

riverly
02-06-17, 11:34 AM
Plant trees and buy rocks?? JUST KIDDING...
I think I'm going to put my monster statues out.

TerraRanomi
02-06-17, 11:42 AM
Plant trees and buy rocks?? JUST KIDDING...
I think I'm going to put my monster statues out.

To scare off potential visitors? :rolleyes:

riverly
02-06-17, 12:48 PM
To scare off potential visitors? :rolleyes:that is an idea! But really thinking positive about potential monster hunt, which I hope maybe might have valentine Ali in MRC. High hopes for sure.

MoonVillage3
02-06-17, 01:38 PM
that is an idea! But really thinking positive about potential monster hunt, which I hope maybe might have valentine Ali in MRC. High hopes for sure.
..and maybe with hearts stamped on the Ali's behind (like the cow) LOL!
MRC would be an ideal place to craft one.. let's hope!

MoonVillage3
02-06-17, 02:09 PM
Wait.. prepare Jewels!
I see Jewel Cart on limited sale in the market in Decos. Don't remember seeing it before there, maybe was added after. Anyway.. usually when limited stuff is offered that hasn't to do with the season.. they may just be needed.
Be safe and stock up on Jewels.

riverly
02-06-17, 02:23 PM
I hope that we get a chance to work for the jewel cart. Too many gem items lately.

MoonVillage3
02-06-17, 02:28 PM
yes.. it's very expensive considering all the various places we can find jewels and silver. the little Royal Cats and Dogs come in handy here.. always ready to drop something expensive, besides milk.

cyndora
02-06-17, 05:56 PM
im stocking up on vodka.....and i am so ready to chop 15000 trees, smash 30000 rocks, and do 25000 4 hour castle trips to get a pet mongoose that drops 1 wheat. jazz hands and all! so excited!

rulerofjennyville
02-06-17, 06:07 PM
im stocking up on vodka.....and i am so ready to chop 15000 trees, smash 30000 rocks, and do 25000 4 hour castle trips to get a pet mongoose that drops 1 wheat. jazz hands and all! so excited!

:rolleyes: That about sums it up. I'd settle for a monster hunt. We're still doing Valentine's day and St. Patrick's day is too far off.

jabbottscott
02-07-17, 01:40 AM
OMG! Too funny I almost choked. Thank you for the laugh! :D

BufftonHeights
02-07-17, 05:24 AM
OMG there's an update in the iOS store this morning. It looks huge. I'm so excited ��

cavegirl1
02-07-17, 05:55 AM
I'm not so excited as it mentions competing against other kingdoms. Not something I wanted to see introduced in CS ...

meme1098
02-07-17, 06:36 AM
And I'm guessing a Community Event from the description.  😶 No words.

Wonder if the disappearing kingdom names & neighbor request bug have been fixed? Won't hold my breath.

PrincessCupOButter
02-07-17, 09:27 AM

Too funny! And since it looks like there may be a community event headed our way....I'm thinking we'll be smashing those rocks, and chopping those trees. But you forgot about visiting the 100 farmhouses and/or cottages. :D

I'm not so excited as it mentions competing against other kingdoms. Not something I wanted to see introduced in CS ...

Perhaps our 'reward' for helping each other get through the timed events with hints and tips is to pit us against each other in competitions now?
(Wasn't it wonderful to find out we could get the swans WITHOUT waiting for neighbor requests?) Will everyone still be willing to share such info if we're in direct competition? :( Not cool!

And I'm guessing a Community Event from the description.  😶 No words.

Wonder if the disappearing kingdom names & neighbor request bug have been fixed? Won't hold my breath.

Community events and competing with neighbors. Doing jazz hands with Cyndora. Lol. Fun fun. Sigh.

meme1098
02-07-17, 12:46 PM

How could I have missed this yesterday...lol!!!!

I thought this game was always designed to help each other (answering nbr requests & all).
But now it looks like a fight to the finish to reach the top of some idiotic goal. I won't step on my nbrs (who I consider friends) to reach some place at the top of a totem pole that gives some measly rewards.

PrincessCupOButter
02-07-17, 01:00 PM
How could I have missed this yesterday...lol!!!!

I thought this game was always designed to help each other (answering nbr requests & all).
But now it looks like a fight to the finish to reach the top of some idiotic goal. I won't step on my nbrs (who I consider friends) to reach some place at the top of a totem pole that gives some measly rewards.

Ditto! I don't want to compete with the community. As annoying as I find community events, at least with those, we work together and encourage each other. I've already decided that whatever type of competition comes along, I will help and encourage my neighbors and friends as always. Hopefully we can all win together. :o

AnnirasSweets
02-07-17, 01:03 PM
I'm truly hoping it won't be a kingdom vs kingdom type set up. That's exactly why I quit playing dragon story to be honest. I like the community friendships and sharing atmosphere over here in CS mich, much more. Please, please don't ruin that!

HuckleTown
02-07-17, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure what we can "compete" against each other with this game. Monster slaying isn't fair because they spawn randomly, there is nothing we do that earns points based on s**** so I'm stymied.

cavegirl1
02-07-17, 02:26 PM
And hopefully the competitiveness won't spill over to the forum. Stopped using the forum for another game as it became all about how to win, Win, WIN !!! Ugh.

And then complaints about the prizes after all the effort they put into winning ... And accusations of *****ing ...

What fun ...

freddy1343
02-07-17, 03:04 PM
OMG there's an update in the iOS store this morning. It looks huge. I'm so excited ��

Have the update and see there is a button to invite someone to be your neighbor! Saw it first when I visited to respond to a request, then went to the community and saw it again! Such an improvement! Can't wait to see what else....

TerraRanomi
02-07-17, 03:47 PM
Just noticed that when you go to overview there is a new tab named Google Play (I'm on Android). After signing in I saw this:

(Hope the screenshots work.)

MoonVillage3
02-07-17, 03:54 PM
pictures are fine TerraRanomi.. and thank you for the peeks :)
but OMG! what alot of things to do!
we'll have a hard time.. just hoped it's not timed! lol!

PS.. had a close look.. everything does seem possible with time.. except the last one.. our mean terrible monsters called the Elvens.. LOL! It's impossible to make agreements with them!

TerraRanomi
02-07-17, 03:56 PM
pictures are fine Terra Ranomi.. and thank you for the peeks :)
but OMG! what alot of things to do!
we'll have a hard time.. just hoped it's not timed! lol!

Great! Don't see a timer or anything though. They look more like long-term goals, like those in Bakery Story.

MoonVillage3
02-07-17, 04:09 PM
Great! Don't see a timer or anything though. They look more like long-term goals, like those in Bakery Story.
We did have something like this as part of our goals in the beginning of the game.. 'Badges' they were called.. and sort of auto completed during your play. I would guess it's the same system. Those before were not timed.

PrincessCupOButter
02-07-17, 05:28 PM
I can't help but laugh! The shoe is now firmly on the other foot! I'm on iOS and I have no new tab of any type in overview with all those goals. Is this one going to be for Android only? ;)

I did see the invite neighbor feature, a very nice addition, and it can be also disabled in settings. So if you don't want new invites, you can turn it off.

cyndora
02-07-17, 05:40 PM
vodka = check
trees= check
rocks= check
cottages= check
running over my neighbors to gain a squirrel pet.......priceless

meme1098
02-07-17, 06:02 PM
vodka = check
trees= check
rocks= check
cottages= check
running over my neighbors to gain a squirrel pet.......priceless

LOL!!! cyndora's post priceless:)

meme1098
02-07-17, 06:07 PM
Just noticed that when you go to overview there is a new tab named Google Play (I'm on Android). After signing in I saw this:

(Hope the screenshots work.)

These are kinda like Trials & Tributes, but... 500 monsters??? LOL!!! & 100 trades with the Elves is another big laugh!!! I've pretty much quit doing those since almost every trade is outright over the top.
But what is the reward is the big question here. For all that work it better be something stupendous, out of this world & just plain the best ever!!! And not some lame badges!! LOL!

comeseecomesah
02-07-17, 06:33 PM
I'm Android. Had an automatic update but can't open. I tap new icon and it tries to load but then goes back to home screen. Both kingdoms. Tried restart but no go. I logged on to winter version and got in. At first my swans were invisible but I could still tap them. I'm scared I won't be able to do new events on winter version seeing as I hav'nt gotten into new one to register the new stuff.
Not sure I'm explaining it well lol. Usually as long as I get into new versions I can use another earlier version if new one has problems. Sigh

TerraRanomi
02-07-17, 06:36 PM
I can't help but laugh! The show is now firmly on the other foot! I'm on iOS and I have no new tab of any type in overview with all those goals. Is this one going to be for Android only? ;)

I'm guessing it works differently on iOS. Maybe they're still working on it? :rolleyes:

These are kinda like Trials & Tributes, but... 500 monsters??? LOL!!! & 100 trades with the Elves is another big laugh!!! I've pretty much quit doing those since almost every trade is outright over the top.
But what is the reward is the big question here. For all that work it better be something stupendous, out of this world & just plain the best ever!!! And not some lame badges!! LOL!

Ikr, it's going to take years to complete unless you give the Elves everything you've got. Soon they'll ask us for energy too. And I guess we'll have to complete all achievements to find out about the final reward, if there's one. But the XP you get for completing individual achievements are not much use to everyone who's level 50 already. So maybe we'll get new levels too? :D

I'm Android. Had an automatic update but can't open. I tap new icon and it tries to load but then goes back to home screen. Both kingdoms. Tried restart but no go. I logged on to winter version and got in. At first my swans were invisible but I could still tap them. I'm scared I won't be able to do new events on winter version seeing as I hav'nt gotten into new one to register the new stuff.
Not sure I'm explaining it well lol. Usually as long as I get into new versions I can use another earlier version if new one has problems. Sigh

Haha no I get it, maybe just try re-installing all versions?

comeseecomesah
02-07-17, 07:51 PM
Haha no I get it, maybe just try re-installing all versions?

Thanks, I'v never had a problem before so maybe bug for Androids??. I'll try reinstalling when I'v re evolved my dragons, hatched and re bred animals,and guess my swans need collecting from too. Think I may cut down on some games lol. I need more time in forum to learn lol

Edit update... Yeyy I reinstalled and got in....phewwwee 'wipes brow'.

Thanks again TerraRanomi :)

TerraRanomi
02-08-17, 02:46 AM
Thanks, I'v never had a problem before so maybe bug for Androids??. I'll try reinstalling when I'v re evolved my dragons, hatched and re bred animals,and guess my swans need collecting from too. Think I may cut down on some games lol. I need more time in forum to learn lol

Edit update... Yeyy I reinstalled and got in....phewwwee 'wipes brow'.

Thanks again TerraRanomi :)

No problem, the update worked fine for me so not sure if it's a bug. And yes, maybe you do need to cut down on some games. :rolleyes: I know I had to, managing all storm8 games was becoming a full-time job. CS is now the only game for me. ;)

CocoMom101
02-08-17, 01:54 PM

And don't forget about the pigs - you can't do anything without a dozen new little piggies clogging up your kingdom!

cyndora
02-08-17, 03:20 PM
And don't forget about the pigs - you can't do anything without a dozen new little piggies clogging up your kingdom!

so.....true!!!!lol

myriptide
02-08-17, 08:18 PM
Sorry, newbie to this forum and forums in general, but avid (understatement) storm8 game player. So many questions about Castle Story, but for now: at level 54, but have no clue AT ALL how to access this SWAN I keep seeing references to. Where is this elusive (to me) swan, how do I see it, how do I get the eggs? And have wondered since Day 1: how do you get stuff "out of storage?" Not inventory, I assume, since it reads "storage" and there is a storage "cellar" which like the Baron's tent, you can't get rid of. And one more: how do you cross-breed plants using the storage cellar? I'm clueless on these and lots of other questions! Can anyone point me to some HELP, please??? 🙏🏽 Thank for so very much for any info

lilymonster4
02-08-17, 10:02 PM
Sorry, newbie to this forum and forums in general, but avid (understatement) storm8 game player. So many questions about Castle Story, but for now: at level 54, but have no clue AT ALL how to access this SWAN I keep seeing references to. Where is this elusive (to me) swan, how do I see it, how do I get the eggs? And have wondered since Day 1: how do you get stuff "out of storage?" Not inventory, I assume, since it reads "storage" and there is a storage "cellar" which like the Baron's tent, you can't get rid of. And one more: how do you cross-breed plants using the storage cellar? I'm clueless on these and lots of other questions! Can anyone point me to some HELP, please??? 🙏🏽 Thank for so very much for any info

2 swans were a prize for completing the latest event, it was a timed, chapter event and it has just ended so if you didn't do the event you won't be able to get the swans, at least I don't think so, unless there's an option to buy them with gems for people who didn't do or finish the event. If you did finish the event they are in your inventory under decorations. These two swans are dropping couple pink eggs every few hours and players can exchange those eggs for valentine stuff in the royal exchange. When it comes to storage, we "store" stuff in our inventory, there is no "storage". The storage cellar is just a building you need at one point in the game to be able to store things like buildings and decorations I think, but nothing gets actually stored in the storage cellar. When you're looking for your stuff it's all in your inventory, to pull stuff out you need to edit, go to inventory than look under buildings/deco tabs for things you actually pull out, rest is materials. You don't cross breed plants in the storage cellar, you do it in the arboretum, it will take the flower plants you have stored in your inventory and turn them into one plant that drops more petals, basically saving space and energy so store all your plants you'd like to turn into special shrubs and if you run out just buy more they're really cheap.
I hope you can understand my explanation, it's really late I might be just writing jiberish =)

rulerofjennyville
02-09-17, 07:48 AM
They aren't going to use the swans for anything but the trades they already have up so if you're saving the eggs you might end up with eggs and no pink sheep or heart cows. They never use the items from one challenge for another challenge in case you weren't able to complete the challenge.

candie1230
02-09-17, 10:22 AM
im stocking up on vodka.....and i am so ready to chop 15000 trees, smash 30000 rocks, and do 25000 4 hour castle trips to get a pet mongoose that drops 1 wheat. Jazz hands and all! So excited!

i love you!!!!!!

cyndora
02-09-17, 10:30 AM
i love you!!!!!!

:) xox

prancinland
02-09-17, 12:06 PM
I have something like this in another game I play,. These goals seem to be fulfilled in normal play but still the achievements can be a lot of fun!

momohuny
02-09-17, 12:32 PM
I'm betting we're getting a leaderboard event like they have in dragon story, farm story, and fantasy forest story. It pits you against about 20 other kingdoms to get the most points through game play and/or purchased aids like boosts and timed collection items. The top prize is usually only won by two players, but milestone prizes are achievable throughout the event.

hkcorrigan
02-09-17, 12:45 PM
Based on everything I've seen so far about leaderboards (I stopped playing the other games before I ever saw one), I think I would rather have a community event. They aren't wildly popular, but at least we are working together towards goals, not against each other.

TerraRanomi
02-09-17, 01:10 PM
New event just started, the Royal Games.

AnisWa
02-09-17, 01:12 PM
Count me out, I will not be spending gems for the trees, etc. just to get a trophy that doesn't drop any items; a jousting steed just to obtain horse hair, fertilizer. I'll pass on this event and proceed with establishing my Queendom. Good luck to all who choose to participate!

MoonVillage3
02-09-17, 01:23 PM
new official thread opened!

SpiritWind00
02-09-17, 03:18 PM
thanks for the discussions here... closing thread.