PDA

View Full Version : Android version - Isles of love

jbyn4e
02-04-17, 06:57 AM
New version of game in play store.

First impressions:
- there is rebreed button - yeah
- don't know is island expansion included - If anyone know let me know, don't want to close last expansion.
- is impossible slow and laggy - much slower then previous version. I might try to restart phone to see if that helps. Beware of gold traps when scrolling through game!
- quit button now works every time - yeah
- didn't try yet to buy some habitat or building to see does it crash as it used to.
- one new goal (limited) Down the aisle (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97162-Down-the-aisle-%26%239733%3B-Valentine-s-14-day-challenge-%26%239733%3B)

Anyone else notices anything more?

starship412
02-04-17, 10:40 AM
It does have island expansions. Yay!!

Draem4
02-04-17, 10:49 AM
I need to say thank you for the invite button. Make inviting neighbors much easier then trying to remember the storm ID. And yes the new Valentines one is very slow to respond hopefully it gets better

katali119
02-04-17, 01:37 PM
How long until these changes get pushed to the regular version? My phone couldn't load more than a quarter of my game on the Valentine version, so I don't plan to use it to play.

jbyn4e
02-04-17, 02:12 PM
Thank you for clarify for island expansions! But beware - in old version you will not see them and mine will be closed - claims some that already expanded (we are still waiting expansion to be finished to expand island parts...)

Also will see invite button when I try to visit some island :) - if it will be possible because of speed of game... I have feeling like playing on ZX spectrum :(

I also noticed that spin to win is IMPOSSIBLE to play, I had to install tropical island version just to be able to spin to win. Speed of game comparing new version with tropical island is like comparing Intel i7 processor with an Celeron processor - so slow it is :(

kooky panda
02-04-17, 04:28 PM
I need to say thank you for the invite button. Make inviting neighbors much easier then trying to remember the storm ID. And yes the new Valentines one is very slow to respond hopefully it gets better

For those that do not know, if you do not want to get a bunch of invites you do have have an option to turn off this feature under the game settings.

jbyn4e
02-05-17, 02:35 AM
Thanks kooky! I didn't noticed it.

Also, is anyone else game so slow, or is it just me? Should I report it, if it's only me?

comeseecomesah
02-05-17, 03:11 AM
It's not only you. Mine is almost unbearably jerky, moving around and in battles. Horrid since update.

jbyn4e
02-05-17, 03:56 AM
Thanks @comeseecomesah

So, did S8 forget some "debug" option on true, so it goes so sloooow? Please, moderators, ask your team when can we expect slowness to be resolved? It's almost impossible to play. Did you test it on real device before placing it in play store?

Jackiesq
02-05-17, 04:52 AM
After Visiting every habitat and waiting until the dragons in it were loaded. Pffff it took a while... 😕, but my game is a little bit faster...
The mine is only closed in the original version, and you can't see your new expansions there. But you can play on it and only go to the Valentine when you have some dynamite to mine. 😉
So far no crashes buying habitats!!! 😃

For now only Original on my phone, both versions on Tablet.

calicokittennope
02-05-17, 02:18 PM
It was extremely slow and then refused to open. I had to uninstall and reinstall because it'd just sit at load screen polishing dragons and whatever those cute phrases are at the top then it'd quit with a generic error. After the uninstall/reinstall it's a lot better., but there is that initial wait at each visit as my dragons load if I've not seen them already.

Jackiesq
02-06-17, 11:52 AM
S8 HELP
I'm getting notifications all day now! And not 1, but 4 to 10 the same same time and that 3 times last hour!!!
All notifications are off in both my appsettings! And I'm not the only one I heard...

jbyn4e
02-06-17, 01:36 PM
Yes, notificatios is ugly bug :( - same about bingo :(

Also I noticed when putting dragon in habitat from nest - scrolling game works perfect :) - but from the moment it gets there -game become again slow and lags. Also, when visiting community or neighbour, is scrolls smooth. So problem is probably something with habitats and coins display?

Also had no problem buying habitat on main account, but when kid try to by olympus temple thos version also crashes!

EDIT: on secondary account also had problems buying habitats - Passion pit crashes it. Went to Tropical island and bought it finally.

rado_nik
02-06-17, 02:26 PM
Is somebody else have problem with habitats (4 pcs) placed in water. After install a new version DS Valentine's I can't access to them - can't collect coins or move habitats to other place. I was forced to uninstall this version and install base one no matter it's a older version.

I'm getting notifications all day now! And not 1, but 4 to 10 the same same time and that 3 times last hour!!!
All notifications are off in both my appsettings! And I'm not the only one I heard...

I face the same problem. Every message come 8-10 times.

FieldsLikeB
02-07-17, 09:39 AM
My game will not allow me to buy Teddy Bear Dragon with only an hour left and it my birthday! I could cry the buttons for both value packs do nothing but freeze game. I can't collect from my habitats it takes unbelievably long! This is really really slow and jerky.

But I really wanted the teddy. :(

9krm
02-07-17, 10:33 AM
I downloaded it for the gold, but went right back to the original version. The re-breed button sounds cool, but it isn't enough to get me to deal with the performance bugs.

Bameeee
02-07-17, 05:15 PM
It is ok for a few miniute when logging in, after that is a disaster. It is very slow and laggy. When I scoll around the island to collect coins, I almost upgrade the habitat with 500 golds and this happens all the time, not just once. Please kindly fix.

By the way, could S8 consider colour tabs in battle arena and trading portal? It is again very slow scolling down.

Jackiesq
02-08-17, 01:21 AM
Good morning S8, thx for letting me know it's a new day!

All the possible settings for notifications are off in my app, I wish I also could choose for all, because I also don't want this kind of notifications, I can't put off.
But what I really don't want is getting them in crazy amounts every time...

Please S8 Solve this problem. I love this game, but you let me hate it with this kind of things... 😢

Jackie

heather11778
02-08-17, 01:22 AM
Please fix this . It's so slow and hard to do anything. It stalls and then goes back to where I got to collect the same stuff again. It also just knocks me out to where I got to restart the game. I also have to force close it alot . Please fix not enjoyable this way at all.

jbyn4e
02-11-17, 11:52 AM
It seems that after update dated Feb 8 slownes has been resolved - or at least it's much faster.

jaymieb2
02-16-17, 11:27 PM
Well, I downloaded the Isle of Live on Android. Slow and laggy. Love the Rebreed button!

Reinstalled the previous version, started hearing about expansions on the new version, and gave it another try (more than a week later). Seems like the bugs are fixed (or the server isn't overwhelmed anymore - or my phone caught up with the download). Dunno why it works, but it does! WOO HOO!

Wish Android could watch videos for extra wheel spins. An album would be amazing! Love the Rebreed button! Have not tried to expand yet, but glad we can... going to wait a bit more, just in case! ;-)