PDA

View Full Version : How to Post Screen Shots??

DragonThruTime
02-03-17, 03:15 PM
Is there a post here somewhere that explains how to post screen shots? I've done a search but haven't been successful.

When I try to do it myself, I keep getting error messages saying the file can not be uploaded or that it has the wrong file extension. I'm on an iPad 4.

DragonThruTime
02-03-17, 06:10 PM
Well, I finally found a thread discussing it but it's too complicated for me. Plus this iPad is stuffed full. I have no more room for any more apps so photobucket is a no go. I wish we could upload directly from the camera roll on our machines. I have some pics of the new event that others were wondering about. Oh well. The next tablet I get I'm making sure has about 3 times more than the amount of storage I think I'll need.

SpiritWind00
02-03-17, 06:33 PM
For some players the load picture icon doesn't work. Sometimes it can work if you crop your picture before loading. The icon is the one 3rd from the right above any new post. It looks like a square with a tree in it. Click on that, then click on Computer (as it defaults to the 'From URL' tab), then click on Browse, then click on photos, choose the 1 you want (only uploads 1 at a time), then click on the upload button and you're done. Keep in mind that if you want to make it bigger, you click on the A/A button (1st icon) and double click your picture and then if you get a Manage Pic screen (sometimes it doesn't work) change it to Medium and then save. This only works if you can see your pic, not the path. Give it a go! :)

DragonThruTime
02-03-17, 08:42 PM
Thank you, spiritwind. :)

I gave it a whirl but I'm getting the same error message as before. The image must be too big. I looked for a way to crop it but haven't discovered if it's possible with this app. I will see if I have another app that will do that. Thanks for your help.

FireballFarm
02-03-17, 08:47 PM
Thank you, spiritwind. :)

I gave it a whirl but I'm getting the same error message as before. The image must be too big. I looked for a way to crop it but haven't discovered if it's possible with this app. I will see if I have another app that will do that. Thanks for your help.

You can use the Imgur website to upload pics anonymously and without an account. Once your picture is uploaded to Imgur, copy the BBCode link and paste it to your post here on the forum.

SpiritWind00
02-03-17, 10:47 PM
Oh sorry to hear it! Glad you gave it a go...

I must say that imgur is really good and what I use all of the time for the screen shots I have in my game guides. It's quick and easy! :)