PDA

View Full Version : Valentine Collection Event - Feb 2, 2017

[S8] Regina
02-01-17, 07:01 PM
Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.
Any buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

VALENTINE COLLECTION EVENT!

Level 18+ | Minimum Game Version iOS 2.3/Android 1.7.3 | Ends 2/15/17

https://imgur.com/5vZg5e8.png

judyandthecat
02-02-17, 03:36 PM
New 14 day event!
Looks like a cute bear and other prizes in the collections gallery.
The first day is unlocked send planes to get gifts.

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248486&viewfull=1#post1248486

Each day unlocks at 5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time

Collection Items
Day 1 - found from plane deliveries
Day 2 - from pigs
Day 3 - from the bakery
Day 4 - from the bed and breakfast
Day 5 - from the chickens
Day 6 - from the studio
Day 7 - from the chocolatier
Day 8 - from the sheep
Day 9 - from fishing
Day 10 - from the mine

Event Prizes
Thanks Mamatampa
Valentine gift box
Valentine post box
Valentine mailbox
Valentine bear (giant)
Valentine's basket
Swan pond (animated)
Romantic Park Bench
Valentine's picnic
Valentine's balloons
Valentine's Teddy Bear Pet
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Tunnel of Love
Buying the tunnel of love will allow you to exchange Valentine Collection Items
Reward: 20 gems

2 of each.... 2 gifts make 1 bracelet....2 bracelets make a cookie...etc...... 15 minutes for beginning items, then 30 for a couple then an hour, hour and a half and the final 3 hours to craft.

Goals
Day One Goal
Full of Love
Valentine's Day is upon us! Let's kick off the festivities by collecting V-Day Gifts!
Collect 4 Valentine Gifts (from plane deliveries)
REWARDS: 240 coins 41 experience points

Day Two Goals
A Labor of Love !
You've worked so hard to make this Valentine's Day extra special! Complete that collection to get some good ole prizes!
Turn in 1 Valentine's Collection
REWARDS: 240 coins, 41 experience points

Let the swine Love shine!
I love Valentine's Day as much as a pig loves mud! (That's a lot!)
Get 1 Valentine's gift ..from deliveries
Get 1 pearl wristlet ..from pigs

This goal did not pop up until I did the above goal first.
Goal 1 of 6:
Be My Valentine
A gift is worth a thousand words right...
That's the saying right?
Get 10 Valentine's Gifts from deliveries

Day Three Goals
Goal 2 of 6
Be My Valentine
Collect 20 Pearl Wristlets from pigs
Collect 20 Valentine Cookies from the bakery
Give 60 bacon
Give 60 bread
REWARDS: 2 Valentine Flowers

Day Four Goals

There was no goals today.

Day Five Goals

Goal 3 of 6
Be My Valentine
Get 20 Valentine's Wreaths from the Bed and Breakfast
Get 20 Heart Bags from the chickens
Give 30 pancakes
Give 50 eggs

REWARDS: Cupid Pig Skin

Day Six Goals

Day Seven Goals
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Goal 4 of 6
Be My Valentine
Get 10 Pink Valentine Bears from the studio
Get 8 Boxes of Chocolates from the chocolatier
Give 18 Scarves
Give 45 Dark Chocolate

REWARDS: Cupid Chicken Skin

Day Eight Goals
Thursday, February 9, 2017

Day Nine Goals
Friday, February 10, 2017
Goal 5 of 6
Be My Valentine
Get 20 Valentine Roses from the sheep
Get 15 Heart Lockets from the fishing pond
Give 40 wool
Give 20 catfish

REWARDS: Cupid Cow Skin

Day 10 Goals
Saturday, February 11, 2017
Goal 6 of 6
Be My Valentine
Get 1 Heart Ring from the mine
Give 6 Iron

REWARDS: Cupid Sheep Skin

(USE SPOILER IF THERE ARE MANY)

Rbkhfrnkln
02-02-17, 03:52 PM
thank you so much for allowing android to participate in the new goals

judyandthecat
02-02-17, 03:58 PM
What beautiful Cupid skins for our animals !!!

darkmornings
02-02-17, 04:00 PM
Here we go again guys! What is the plan? It looks like the gingerbread event and there is a cute bear at the end with livestock costumes on the way.. Of course it will be 30 more gems for the converter than I currently have. Then there is a Super Bowl right in the middle of it. I'm going to try.

dragonflyTat
02-02-17, 04:01 PM
thank you so much for allowing android to participate in the new goals

Exactly, too many of the events and challenges are for IOS players only. Very excited for this event.

raissawinda
02-02-17, 04:26 PM
yeaaayyyyyy thank you Storm8 you allow me to join this V event as android participant... hope i have a big big luck to win the grandprize. Cute cub, just like the white one we got from Xmas event. is it bigger? does that mean we can get more than one V cubs? and thanks for making it longer, we have 4 more days instead of 2 for turning in the collections. i hope Storm8 team would increase the drop rate for every activity so we have more chances to win that lovely cub! :o sooo excited to finally have event on android, i am so ready. thank you!! :D

PookieBear50
02-02-17, 04:43 PM
Here we go again guys! What is the plan? It looks like the gingerbread event and there is a cute bear at the end with livestock costumes on the way.. Of course it will be 30 more gems for the converter than I currently have. Then there is a Super Bowl right in the middle of it. I'm going to try.

This is a collection event, so every day a new reward will be unlocked and collected through a different task on your farm. There will, of course, be a bunch of goals and requirements to meet along the way...including collecting such and such a number of rewards in order to complete another goal. On the one hand, this event will be a lot easier than the previous one. On the other hand, sometimes the drop rate of rewards can be very low. Also, in the end, assuming you can collect one of each reward item, turning in one collection does not automatically guarantee winning the grand prize...but turning in more than one collection can mean receiving more than one of them.

DaphneGlass
02-02-17, 05:15 PM
Yay nice one, thanks from me too xx

orleansparish
02-02-17, 07:32 PM
I havent done one of these in ages. But I was tending to my farm when this started and had some deliveries ready to be sent off, so im off to a good start.

Im now deciding if I should use my 100 gems I won for the valentine terrier or for the machine to make other parts.

raissawinda
02-02-17, 09:30 PM
I havent done one of these in ages. But I was tending to my farm when this started and had some deliveries ready to be sent off, so im off to a good start.

Im now deciding if I should use my 100 gems I won for the valentine terrier or for the machine to make other parts.

i advise you not to touch your gems ever. save up until you have a show pony or two. unless you have maximum number of show ponies, you may having fun with all your gems. :o cheers

Katya32012
02-02-17, 10:13 PM
Thank you SOOOOO VERY much for allowing Androids to play the new goal!! :D

ctrsummer
02-02-17, 11:56 PM
The animals are too small lately.. besides the unicorns that is. Honestly, sometimes the animals are cute but with them looking so tiny it takes away the reward to look at. Really! Please farm Story2 mod designers please make these animals a better size. I k ow lots of older people play this game and I am always hearing complaints about these animals. It's true. But I love the game!!

ctrsummer
02-02-17, 11:58 PM
Can the storm 8 team please make these animals bigger?! So we can actually enjoy them and not have to zoom in several zooms to watch them! Love this game and I know a lot others would agree about the animal sizes.

darkmornings
02-03-17, 03:53 AM
This is a collection event, so every day a new reward will be unlocked and collected through a different task on your farm. There will, of course, be a bunch of goals and requirements to meet along the way...including collecting such and such a number of rewards in order to complete another goal. On the one hand, this event will be a lot easier than the previous one. On the other hand, sometimes the drop rate of rewards can be very low. Also, in the end, assuming you can collect one of each reward item, turning in one collection does not automatically guarantee winning the grand prize...but turning in more than one collection can mean receiving more than one of them.

More like the polar cub event. I'll start hoarding picks and shovels, collecting wool, and making tons of flour. And hoping my maple trees give me syrup instead of leaves for the bed and breakfast. Also hoping my barn and silo hold it all. Good luck everyone

Mamatampa
02-03-17, 07:20 AM
I wasn't going to do,this event, but since gift drop has been superb, I will try, but won't brake my neck trying! Decided to,get the love tunnel to craft what is not dropped. I have hoarded mining gear and now will hoard fishing gear and cotton...will let you all know how it goes. Thank goodness for those of us that get the bear, we can put him in a new home or add to one we have! 3 allowed

Good Luck... stop by... I reurn all visits if you say hello. 🏝🏝🏝

judyandthecat
02-03-17, 08:19 AM
I wasn't going to do,this event, but since gift drop has been superb, I will try, but won't brake my neck trying! Decided to,get the love tunnel to craft what is not dropped. I have hoarded mining gear and now will hoard fishing gear and cotton...will let you all know how it goes. Thank goodness for those of us that get the bear, we can put him in a new home or add to one we have! 3 allowed

Good Luck... stop by... I reurn all visits if you say hello. 🏝🏝🏝

Mamatampa

How many items does it take to craft the one you want to make in the Tunnel of Love?

Mamatampa
02-03-17, 08:41 AM
Mamatampa

How many items does it take to craft the one you want to make in the Tunnel of Love?

2 of each.... 2 gifts make 1 bracelet....2 bracelets make a cookie...etc...... 15 minutes for beginning items, then 30 for a couple then an hour, hour and a half and the final 3 hours to craft.

judyandthecat
02-03-17, 09:02 AM

Thank you putting your information under the tunnel of love boost on page one!

oozeulb
02-03-17, 11:10 AM
I don't understand this event! Will someone please help, I have a couple of questions..
1) Do we wait until each day unlocks? Or is it unlocked when we collect what we need? It's after 10 am Pacific time and day2 is still locked.
2) Do we have to have the tunnel of love? I don't have gems to buy it. If we don't have the tunnel of love will the barn be full of event stuff until the game is over?
Thank you! 💗

judyandthecat
02-03-17, 11:23 AM
I don't understand this event! Will someone please help, I have a couple of questions..
1) Do we wait until each day unlocks? Or is it unlocked when we collect what we need? It's after 10 am Pacific time and day2 is still locked.
2) Do we have to have the tunnel of love? I don't have gems to buy it. If we don't have the tunnel of love will the barn be full of event stuff until the game is over?
Thank you! ��

The new day unlocks at 5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time.
Today at that time you will be able to collect from the pigs so make sure they are ready and that you have food to feed them after you collect.
The items for collections go in the collections gallery.
Click on the heart there and you will see what you have collected ....they don't affect your barn.
No you do not have to buy the tunnel of love.
The tunnel of love can be a help....say you have trouble collecting the item from the fish pond on day nine.
You could use two of the item from the day before and make that item.
It also enables players to turn in collections early because you can make items that are still locked.
On page one post two I put where you will collect when that day becomes unlocked.

There will also be some goals ... only one has been released so far perhaps today.
Always check post two for the goals.
You cannot turn in a collection until the end of ten days and we are only starting day two so just hang in there and send planes for the day 1 item and pigs at 5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time or about four hours from time of this post.

oozeulb
02-03-17, 11:25 AM
Thank you so much 😄❤️

darkmornings
02-03-17, 02:56 PM
The animals are too small lately.. besides the unicorns that is. Honestly, sometimes the animals are cute but with them looking so tiny it takes away the reward to look at. Really! Please farm Story2 mod designers please make these animals a better size. I k ow lots of older people play this game and I am always hearing complaints about these animals. It's true. But I love the game!!

As an older person, I had to laugh at this. Larger animals might help. I can no longer play this on my phone and my tablets get bigger every upgrade.

eucom
02-03-17, 06:05 PM
Hate to be the first whiner, but I just harvested 12 pigs--not one wristet!

diverDestiny
02-03-17, 08:00 PM
Is the bear a goal item or chance prize when turning in collections?

PookieBear50
02-03-17, 08:28 PM
Is the bear a goal item or chance prize when turning in collections?

It looks to be a collection prize.

Siliconbirb
02-03-17, 09:11 PM
Hi,

Do we need to unlock all the buildings / areas in order to finish the event?

PookieBear50
02-03-17, 10:02 PM
Hi,

Do we need to unlock all the buildings / areas in order to finish the event?

Technically, no. You can buy the Tunnel of Love event boost (with gems) and it will allow you to convert 2 of one collection item into 1 of the next level collection item for increasing amounts of time (see the 2nd post of this thread).

While that might work in the short term, it might be easier (if you have the necessary expansion parts and/or enough coins) to unlock the Fishing Pond and the Mine, and buy (if you haven't already) the Bakery, the Bed and Breakfast, the Studio, and the Chocolatier.

It is up to you to decide which way will work better for you, and how much you are willing to spend.

MiriellaBella
02-04-17, 12:51 AM
Why, when I have 9 gifts already, most from deliveries, is only 1 showing in the new first goal, which says get 10 gifts. Why do we need 10 gifts, to make us do delivery after delivery again...when we will need to craft and collect other items?Is there any point to it? We can't share them with other players either.

judyandthecat
02-04-17, 02:01 AM
Why, when I have 9 gifts already, most from deliveries, is only 1 showing in the new first goal, which says get 10 gifts. Why do we need 10 gifts, to make us do delivery after delivery again...when we will need to craft and collect other items?Is there any point to it? We can't share them with other players either.
The prize is a pet bear!
This is a luck based event so you want to be able to turn in as many collections as possible to increase your odds.
At the end of day ten you will start turning in your collections ( like a butterfly collection)
There are random prizes ...from the picture looks like a stuffed teddy bear, perhaps a shrub with some hearts on it etc.
We don't know how many prizes there are in the gallery until players start turning in collections.
BUT a pet Valentine's bear is one of the prizes so I will try to have as many collections as possible.
Some players will be lucky and get the pet on their first turn in ...others will take several collections.

According to the pictures in the first post that Regina so kindly posted for us there are also a set of Cupid skins for the cows, chickens, sheep and pigs. These are won by completing a set of goals that you will find in post two on page one.
These goals are released every couple of days. You do have to complete each goal to get the next goal to appear.
Day two goal is get ten prizes from deliveries. It starts then and does not count your previous plane delivery gifts.

I am basing my information on previous events and from the clues in the pictures in post number one.
We don't know if the pet bear is available as a prize in the goals as well.

So players can choose to do all parts of the event ...your choice.

I love the Cupid skins so will try to do the goals but also try to get as many collections as possible for the collections gallery.

darkmornings
02-04-17, 07:07 AM
The labor of love quest completed when I turned in a mole collection.

A show pony showed up 50% off in the market (it's still $40)

My pigs are very generous but my plane has decided not to be. I'll assume the tunnel of love doesn't work in reverse and hope quest 1/6 isn't an indication of things to come.

dirtgirlfarm
02-04-17, 09:13 AM
My gift drop rate was outstanding, until I got the tunnel of love, that is. I have not received a single gift since I placed that on my farm. I was wondering if I'm just the lucky one or if this is happening to others that have the tunnel of love. I find it kind of funny that as soon as I placed this on my farm the gifts from deliveries simply came to a halt. I can't make the gifts so I am basically stuck until they start dropping again. Good luck to everyone.

Mamatampa
02-04-17, 11:28 AM
I turned in my first collection after crafting future items...

caron7
02-04-17, 01:56 PM
came to say THANK YOU that goal 1 is collect 10 gifts, not give 10 gifts. last time, i could not do those goals because i was getting so few drops from the plane that giving would have left me a very few collections to turn in. looks like collect, not give, will allow us to have those presents to complete collections or send thru the tunnel of love. thank you s8!!

MiriellaBella
02-04-17, 03:44 PM
I only have 3 gifts from all my deliveries since the get 10 gifts goal unlocked. I can't start the kitchen things it seems because it says it's unlocked but nothing is there to make.

judyandthecat
02-04-17, 03:49 PM
I only have 3 gifts from all my deliveries since the get 10 gifts goal unlocked. I can't start the kitchen things it seems because it says it's unlocked but nothing is there to make.

You make whatever you want...I suggest bread it is the shortest then you collect the bread hoping for an event item....a valentine cookie which you will find in the collection gallery under the heart tab.

Not the kitchen...it is in the bakery.

darkmornings
02-04-17, 03:55 PM
I was able to collect a cookie when I got my bread from the bakery. It is unlocked to collect. Im also having a bad time with the plane orders and am not able to collect 10 and go on to whatever quest 2 will be

kindefarm1890
02-04-17, 04:09 PM
Step 2/6 Be My Valentine

20 - Get Pearl Wristlets from Pigs
20 - Get Valentine Cookies from Bakery
60 - Give Bacon
60 - Give Bread

Reward - 2 Valentine Flowers

Currently receiving presents 1 out of 10 plane deliveries. At least we do not have to give any of the collection items yet.

judyandthecat
02-04-17, 04:18 PM
Step 2/6 Be My Valentine

20 - Get Pearl Wristlets from Pigs
20 - Get Valentine Cookies from Bakery
60 - Give Bacon
60 - Give Bread

Reward - 2 Valentine Flowers

Currently receiving presents 1 out of 10 plane deliveries. At least we do not have to give any of the collection items yet.

Thank You!!!

Heads up to new players you are able to give the bacon and bread as you collect by hitting the give button you don't have to find storage for 60 bacon and 60 bread.

OldTimer63
02-04-17, 05:02 PM
Another ripoff event. It is the third day and after getting 1 gift each on my first two deliveries, I have only gotten 1 since. And since the first goal is to collect 4 gifts, I cannot continue forward. I must have made 35-40 deliveries and stuck. I hate these luck events, I have not been able to complete one yet.

MiriellaBella
02-04-17, 06:58 PM
Oh. Thank you! I was expecting to have to bake or cook a new valentine recipe.

LadyFencer
02-04-17, 10:17 PM
So far 15 loaves of bread, ONE cookie. Pigs were giving lots of bracelets until goal 2 opened. Now only one bracelet for seven or eight pieces of bacon. Typical. Still lots of time but annoying.

DaphneGlass
02-04-17, 10:31 PM
Not finished the first part yet as plane is not giving gifts so does this mean I wont get anything if I start collecting from the bakery until i have all ten of these stupid gifts?

darkmornings
02-05-17, 03:50 AM
Not finished the first part yet as plane is not giving gifts so does this mean I wont get anything if I start collecting from the bakery until i have all ten of these stupid gifts?
You will get cookies when you collect from the bakery. Those cookies will count toward your collection that you can turn in at the end. They will not count for quest 2/6 where you have to collect 20 cookies and 20 bracelets.
I'm in a similar situation to ladyfencer. When I need the items, they quit dropping as easy. My pigs that were so generous yesterday have all of a sudden gotten greedy with the bracelets. They probably want little dresses or something:o So far, so good with the cookies. With luck my plane will start giving gifts again since I'm through with the quest.

LadyFencer
02-05-17, 05:55 AM
My pigs that were so generous yesterday have all of a sudden gotten greedy with the bracelets. They probably want little dresses or something:o So far, so good with the cookies. With luck my plane will start giving gifts again since I'm through with the quest.

All the animals are sneaky like that. It started with the chickens a few events ago. Try telling the pigs they will get a special Valentine's Day outfit. Maybe that will improve their attitudes.

I got three or four bracelets this morning and two cookies!

eucom
02-05-17, 12:08 PM
Just harvested 9 breads.....NO cookies.

DaphneGlass
02-05-17, 02:16 PM
I have noticed because I am in the UK I lose out half a day with these events as the new day starts in US time zone, nothing wrong with that, however, us in the UK though are generally asleep when they start, hence losing half the first day before even knowing whats involved with the task, for example the B&B task will begin at 11:30pm my time when Im in bed asleep but your tine will be about teatime, can these events not work on the country's tine zone so that people like me dont keep losing out xx

Droptilushop2
02-05-17, 04:07 PM
Day 4 has unlocked but I havent received the pop up goal for Day 4. Hesitant to collect from B&B incase items dont register?? Anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Mamatampa
02-05-17, 04:17 PM
Day 4 has unlocked but I havent received the pop up goal for Day 4. Hesitant to collect from B&B incase items dont register?? Anyone else experiencing difficulties?
Says no goals today on page one. Oofa, get it set up and then they switch it up...lol.. yes, you can collect, they register.

Droptilushop2
02-05-17, 04:24 PM
Says no goals today on page one. Oofa, get it set up and then they switch it up...lol.. yes, you can collect, they register.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Mamatampa. Much apprec.:)

PookieBear50
02-05-17, 09:23 PM
I have noticed because I am in the UK I lose out half a day with these events as the new day starts in US time zone, nothing wrong with that, however, us in the UK though are generally asleep when they start, hence losing half the first day before even knowing whats involved with the task, for example the B&B task will begin at 11:30pm my time when Im in bed asleep but your tine will be about teatime, can these events not work on the country's tine zone so that people like me dont keep losing out xx

If it is any consolation, these events usually start and end when I'm at work (I'm 5-6 hours behind, so it is 11:30 a.m. here when they start at 5:30 ET), so I lose a quarter day before I can get home to start playing, and I lose about half a day sleeping and working when they end. Usually, though, I'm able to make up the difference by playing a lot on the weekends.

LadyFencer
02-06-17, 05:17 AM
I finished the 60 bread. I got only 14 cookies for that. Makes me thankful we didn't have a goal yesterday. No idea when I'll finish goal 3.

lydiahin
02-06-17, 05:59 AM
My bakery has not given me any Moore cookies. At the start it gave me 2 and since then I have received none, plenty of crafting but nothing. The other items keep coming, does anyone else have this problem?

lydiahin
02-06-17, 06:01 AM
If it is any consolation, these events usually start and end when I'm at work (I'm 5-6 hours behind, so it is 11:30 a.m. here when they start at 5:30 ET), so I lose a quarter day before I can get home to start playing, and I lose about half a day sleeping and working when they end. Usually, though, I'm able to make up the difference by playing a lot on the weekends.

I don't think it is US time. For me the events start late afternoon and I am in Texas. I think it is Asia somewhere. Everyone has the same issue with different time zones.

eucom
02-06-17, 06:23 AM
42bread.....6cookies

LadyFencer
02-06-17, 07:32 AM
42bread.....6cookies

We could start a contest to see who makes the most bread to get the 20 cookies, although I'm now estimating bread--it's around 70 now with 18 cookies.

linux4e
02-06-17, 10:11 AM
I don't get cookies anymore... stuck on 13..

LadyFencer
02-06-17, 10:50 AM
I figured it up. Eighty loaves to get 20 cookies.

I am so sick of bread. (Yes, you can make other items to get the cookies, but bread is the fastest.)

sandygin
02-06-17, 11:38 AM
My bakery has stopped giving the cookies since I need them for the goal

13dracon
02-06-17, 01:45 PM
My bakery stopped giving cookies, and the Valentine's Day quest tab has disappeared (it was underneath Labour of Love, and at 2/6 with several days yet to go, iirc). I'm still plugging away, but disconcerted. :/

shanghai_rose
02-06-17, 02:20 PM
Same here. I've lost count of how many more loaves of bread I've baked AFTER the 60 loaves were completed, and I still only have 12 cookies. :(

darkmornings
02-06-17, 03:19 PM
My little piggys wont give me bracelets:(. I was able to get the cookies strangely, it took 60 loaves of bread to get the cookies I needed.

I promised them new clothes and they still aren't giving them. Only 13 toward goal.

13dracon
02-06-17, 03:24 PM
Also, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app (always a lil bit scary, tbh - I've got a lot of time in this game!), but to no avail. My Valentine's Day quest has vanished utterly. Weh. :'(

MiriellaBella
02-06-17, 03:52 PM
4 batches of cookies, 3 bread and a lemon pie, and NO valentine cookies received! None!?! None! Really? A bit hard to progress that way isn't it.
Is it punishment for not buying the tunnel of love and only buying one bonus pack, instead of two, to see doing the quest without those purchases could be done? It's a bit ironic that the pop-up to rate the game and leave a nice comment keeps appearing. I guess the left hand of Storm doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Oh well. C'est la vie.

LadyFencer
02-06-17, 03:57 PM

My chickens want to know why they are giving eggs for the pigs to get outfits. Apparently in protest, the eight are giving few bags.

darkmornings
02-06-17, 04:46 PM
I've used up most of my syrup collecting wreaths, just because I could. I'm not sure Ill be able to make the pancakes for the new quest I haven't gotten to yet. My trees have stopped giving syrup and only leaves.

It can't be punishment for not purchasing tunnel of love. I have that, and it's not improving anything.

judyandthecat
02-06-17, 05:01 PM
I've used up most of my syrup collecting wreaths, just because I could. I'm not sure Ill be able to make the pancakes for the new quest I haven't gotten to yet. My trees have stopped giving syrup and only leaves.

It can't be punishment for not purchasing tunnel of love. I have that, and it's not improving anything.

I use the pancakes I made and make the bacon ones they use maple leaves but you are right now you need 20 bottles of syrup for the get 20 Valentine Wreaths
Correction any item you make you can collect Valentine Wreaths so I am making bacon pancakes using maple leaves instead.

I had saved a bunch of pancakes thinking we would be giving them in the next goal.

griffithpack
02-06-17, 05:47 PM
Give 30 pancakes and 50 eggs - so that's 80 eggs just for that one goal��

Fairyreserve
02-06-17, 09:07 PM
So wait. I gave all the bacon, that's done. I'm giving bread. Buying some to complete. That is separate from collecting from the bakery to get cookies, right? So, if I collect bakery cookies AND use the bread collected for my give goal, does it count today for both goals?

Fairyreserve
02-06-17, 09:13 PM
And should I not make anything in my bed and breakfast until that goal pops up? This is my first event, I'm really confused.

PookieBear50
02-06-17, 10:02 PM
So wait. I gave all the bacon, that's done. I'm giving bread. Buying some to complete. That is separate from collecting from the bakery to get cookies, right? So, if I collect bakery cookies AND use the bread collected for my give goal, does it count today for both goals?

The giving of bacon and bread are separate from the collecting of bracelets and cookies. You could buy all the bacon and the bread and give those, but you would still need to collect your own bacon and craft your own bread in order to get the bracelets and the cookies.

Actually, these goals are beneficial: in the effort to collect the bracelets and cookies, we are actually potentially fulfilling the other goals of getting enough bacon and bread to give.

And should I not make anything in my bed and breakfast until that goal pops up? This is my first event, I'm really confused.

Well, you CAN start crafting pancakes, because you need 30 of them, but any wreaths you receive from those pancakes you collect before that goal becomes active will not count.

OldTimer63
02-07-17, 06:16 AM
Here we are on the fifth day and I still have not gotten enough gifts from my many deliveries to finish quest 1/6. Not surprised though, I have played enough of these luck events to know Storm8 will not let me finish one.

lydiahin
02-07-17, 07:52 AM
Here we are on the fifth day and I still have not gotten enough gifts from my many deliveries to finish quest 1/6. Not surprised though, I have played enough of these luck events to know Storm8 will not let me finish one.

They just want you to spend some money!!! And for what? Decor that comes down after next week and another pet to feed....I am out!

raissawinda
02-07-17, 08:54 AM
many prizes have dropped off from my plane delivery, but only 1 heart shaped wreath from my bed and breakfast and 1 cookie from my bakery. not to mention from 10 (more or less) crafting. wish we could sell and or buy them from newspaper.... well, unfortunately we can't. sad face. but thanks my piggies and chickies for being generous. :o

seesters
02-07-17, 11:25 AM
I haven't had any cookies for 3 days. ...........oh well.

PookieBear50
02-07-17, 01:11 PM
many prizes have dropped off from my plane delivery, but only 1 heart shaped wreath from my bed and breakfast and 1 cookie from my bakery. not to mention from 10 (more or less) crafting. wish we could sell and or buy them from newspaper.... well, unfortunately we can't. sad face. but thanks my piggies and chickies for being generous. :o

Given that the goals asked for 30-50 items (bacon, bread, pancakes, etc.), it's possible to get the cookies and wreaths you need by crafting them all. It takes time, yes...but in crafting all of those items, eventually you'll collect what you need, and you can always just "give" what you craft right away to the goal to keep space open in your barn.

seahawkran
02-07-17, 02:00 PM
Anyone else notice that once the "Get Valentine Cookies (x20)" started in the "Be My Valentine (2/6)" event that the cookie drop rate in the Bakery has dried up !!!??? 1 cookie for last 21 breads !!! Had eleven before it started, approx 1 for each 3 breads ... SMH ...

... and only occasional heart boxes from my plane deliveries ...

UPDATE: 31 breads made for 2 cookies ...

sugarlovebabe
02-07-17, 02:26 PM
Second day without cookies from bakery, this is just a joke. I'll just passs this event, don't wanna stress out

Fairyreserve
02-07-17, 03:16 PM
So are all the prizes for collections and goals just decor or skins? Or do we get coins and gems?

Did I miss a goal before I understood what I was doing? I have 2/6,it says. Wristlets is complete, and the bread and bacon give is complete. My cookies r 6 away from complete. R there 2 goals I missed that r no longer offered in my goals list?

ctrsummer
02-07-17, 03:26 PM
The giving of bacon and bread are separate from the collecting of bracelets and cookies. You could buy all the bacon and the bread and give those, but you would still need to collect your own bacon and craft your own bread in order to get the bracelets and the cookies.

Actually, these goals are beneficial: in the effort to collect the bracelets and cookies, we are actually potentially fulfilling the other goals of getting enough bacon and bread to give.

Well, you CAN start crafting pancakes, because you need 30 of them, but any wreaths you receive from those pancakes you collect before that goal becomes active will not count.

For the side goals. What are the prizes besides the flowers?

ctrsummer
02-07-17, 03:27 PM
Yes. This is crazy. I am getting nothing from my bakery. Been 2 entire days with nothing!!! What is going on here!!!

PookieBear50
02-07-17, 03:31 PM
So are all the prizes for collections and goals just decor or skins? Or do we get coins and gems?

Did I miss a goal before I understood what I was doing? I have 2/6,it says. Wristlets is complete, and the bread and bacon give is complete. My cookies r 6 away from complete. R there 2 goals I missed that r no longer offered in my goals list?

If you look at the bottom of the "Give Bread" entry, there should be a "Scroll Down". Drag the list up and you will see that there is a 4th step to be met before you can complete the whole goal. In the case of 2/6, the 4th goal is to collect 20 cookies (received from the Bakery).

Unless otherwise stated, the awards for the goals are going to be skins and experience (maybe coins, not sure). The awards for turning in collections are different. One of the prizes is a new pet, but there are likely to be other decorations offered as prizes too. There is no guarantee that your first collection will earn you the pet...some players turn in many collections and never get the pet, while others might turn in only one and get the pet on the first try...and others will turn in many and get several of the same pet.

ctrsummer
02-07-17, 03:55 PM
Yes I noticed very much so!!! I almost feel like giving up when this happens. Have you guys ever noticed that the same items for prizes during all events are usually the same item they offer before. but just change a slightly different color. For instance the gazebos, the ponds, .. I'm just hoping storm 8 will do newer things.

ctrsummer
02-07-17, 03:56 PM
Sad huh!! I'm going on 2 days. Trying everything.

OldTimer63
02-07-17, 04:07 PM
Today is day six and I finally get the 10th gift box to complete quest 1/6. And guess what? My next 3 deliveries give me a gift box each!!!!

JBdeL17
02-07-17, 04:54 PM
Watch out for the big chicken! I collected my last wreath from the bed and breakfast, and the "quest completed" sign came up on my screen, showing that I got the Cupid pigskin. The chicken walked across the screen, and it disappeared. Now I have only 19 wreaths and no pigskin! i tried closing my game twice, and still not showing! I've kept collecting pancakes, but no wreath yet! GRrrrrrrr!

Mamatampa
02-07-17, 06:03 PM
Watch out for the big chicken! I collected my last wreath from the bed and breakfast, and the "quest completed" sign came up on my screen, showing that I got the Cupid pigskin. The chicken walked across the screen, and it disappeared. Now I have only 19 wreaths and no pigskin! i tried closing my game twice, and still not showing! I've kept collecting pancakes, but no wreath yet! GRrrrrrrr!
Mine was in my cellar..

JBdeL17
02-07-17, 06:26 PM
Mine was in my cellar..

Mine wasn't, but I collected four more pancakes and got the last wreath and the Cupid pig skin.

ctrsummer
02-07-17, 09:32 PM
Wow. I think storm 8 team lava reads these posts because now my bakery is now giving me the heart cookies now. Thank you guys for listening. You Rock!

kruimeltje1979
02-08-17, 01:32 AM
Getting kinda ridiculous now...everything drops until the goal starts up. Been 3 days trying to collect cookies from the bakery...got 10 cookies crafted 80 bread, 20 apple pie and 10 lemon pie...wondering if I'll ever get to the next goal at this point

tromalyt
02-08-17, 02:20 AM
Yes. This is crazy. I am getting nothing from my bakery. Been 2 entire days with nothing!!! What is going on here!!!

I got 6 presents from airplane deliveries during the first 2 days and since then not a single present.

But complaining is pointless. It has been like this since day one event one. You can check past events and see that this is the most common complaint. They turn off/down and on/up the drop rate as they please.

darkmornings
02-08-17, 03:50 AM
What should we make at the studio? Is the goal asking for flowers or scarves?

DaphneGlass
02-08-17, 03:51 AM
Every new goal I am a day or two behind, a) it starts at UK bedtime so naturally I am sleeping, while others still have daytime, then I'm behind before I even have chance to start, and b) for example now, my B&B isn't dropping wreaths and I still need them for the goal, I refuse to pay anymore real money out on this game, but feel this event is forcing people to pay out for the tunnel of love. This game really needs to be made more enjoyable, I may be quitting soon as I'm finding it too annoying and stressful which is a shame because it is a great time, the makers are getting greedy and will lose players x

DaphneGlass
02-08-17, 03:53 AM
What should we make at the studio? Is the goal asking for flowers or scarves?

I've been doing a mixture of both, getting the bears so far ok, seems more generous than the B&B, I'm still on that task, not getting any and need 8 to finish x

darkmornings
02-08-17, 07:05 AM
So, there is no quest 4/6 yet?

judyandthecat
02-08-17, 07:54 AM
So, there is no quest 4/6 yet?

No I am thinking goal 4 of 6 will be at update time today.
5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time and if you want a wild GUESS
Collect from studio
Collect from chocolatier
Give red scarves
Give chocolate
We will know hopefully at update time.

You will find all goals post 2 on page one
Listed under each day they were released.

darkmornings
02-08-17, 09:42 AM
No I am thinking goal 4 of 6 will be at update time today.
5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time and if you want a wild GUESS
Collect from studio
Collect from chocolatier
Give red scarves
Give chocolate
We will know hopefully at update time.

You will find all goals post 2 on page one
Listed under each day they were released.

Lol, I'm hoping it's flowers but, I've collected a few scarves as well. While I've collected tons of shovels, picks and bait, I have completely flaked out on wool.

I saw the goals on page one. I just don't know what day it is. I think 5:30 today is day 7? I've just finished the piggy Cupid outfit so, I'm on track so far.

judyandthecat
02-08-17, 11:05 AM
Lol, I'm hoping it's flowers but, I've collected a few scarves as well. While I've collected tons of shovels, picks and bait, I have completely flaked out on wool.

I saw the goals on page one. I just don't know what day it is. I think 5:30 today is day 7? I've just finished the piggy Cupid outfit so, I'm on track so far.

You are on track.
When I update today's goal I will add the date beside it to help.

seesters
02-08-17, 02:42 PM
I haven't had any cookies for 3 days. ...........oh well.

Make that 4 days.....😡

Rynetory2
02-08-17, 09:20 PM
Make that 4 days.....��

I'm in the same boat - my bakery drop is very bad too, still stuck at Goal 2 for days. :(

grameys
02-09-17, 02:20 AM
dont know if anyone has reported this but the swans in the pond go around for about 10 seconds then freeze and wont move again till you hit edit and turn the pond then work for another 10 seconds and freeze again.. won the swans from the valentine event

kruimeltje1979
02-09-17, 02:51 AM
Getting kinda ridiculous now...everything drops until the goal starts up. Been 3 days trying to collect cookies from the bakery...got 10 cookies crafted 80 bread, 20 apple pie and 10 lemon pie...wondering if I'll ever get to the next goal at this point

And still haven't collected enough cookies to proceed to the next goal. If all goals take this long it will be impossible to even get close to finishing. My bakery is literally working non stop. I've tried all the different goods to see if longer crafts yield better results but that doesn't seem to be the case. Gone back to baking bread, so far the last 36 bread gave 1 cookie.

Anyone else experiencing such a dramatic decrease in collectible drops? All my other collectibles drop just fine got almost 100 bracelets from the pigs for example.

littlefirefIy
02-09-17, 03:09 AM
My chickens are being particularly stingy today

Alrak2
02-09-17, 05:20 AM
I'm having issues with the cookies dropping from the bakery - I've collected 6 only and have had things constantly cooking for days....HELP!!!

darkmornings
02-09-17, 10:13 AM
I didn't think it was possible. I've been playing for months. My bank is full, I'm collecting for the event. I received 10 shovels from a mole collection. I'll need them in a few days and, Wow! Scrambling to make things fit. Maybe this will help me get a cub at the end. Wanted to share a happy event.:)

kabuki55
02-09-17, 04:09 PM
Will this Valentines Event have special bait for the fishing? I need to know if I have to still keep my bait. I'm getting too full! Thanks, Staci

judyandthecat
02-09-17, 04:14 PM
Will this Valentines Event have special bait for the fishing? I need to know if I have to still keep my bait. I'm getting too full! Thanks, Staci

You do realize you don't have to store scarves or chocolate or any of the event items for the goals you can hit give.

We won't know bait status until tomorrow ... so I am keeping bait.
If anyone has received a special bait from Stormie please let us know....I hope not I am hoping for dough balls to work.

darkmornings
02-09-17, 04:51 PM
You do realize you don't have to store scarves or chocolate or any of the event items for the goals you can hit give.

We won't know bait status until tomorrow ... so I am keeping bait.
If anyone has received a special bait from Stormie please let us know....I hope not I am hoping for dough balls to work.

I'm hoping for dough balls too. I've stashed so so many. So far the event has been asking for standard stuff, I don't see any reason it would change now.

kabuki55
02-09-17, 05:11 PM
Thanks!

raissawinda
02-09-17, 05:36 PM
bakery... oh... bakery.... where's my heart wreath?

Drachenia
02-09-17, 05:37 PM
I'm sad a whole day and a half day lost, because I have not seen with the bread. Please Storm8 at the last event you gave us the note with scroll down and this time not. Now I am still task 2 and thanks to my players I could buy 20 bread in the newspaper. But I am missing so much time to complete the tasks

judyandthecat
02-09-17, 05:42 PM
I'm sad a whole day and a half day lost, because I have not seen with the bread. Please Storm8 at the last event you gave us the note with scroll down and this time not. Now I am still task 2 and thanks to my players I could buy 20 bread in the newspaper. But I am missing so much time to complete the tasks

Check post two on page one for the goals too.
That is really sad you missed it...I did on one event so now I really watch.

Mamatampa
02-09-17, 05:54 PM
Between the chickens and the pigs being so generous, I was able to craft a lot of cookies and bears...ended up buying the value pack to finish up some collections and VOILA...I got decorations and a cub. Good luck all. The tunnel of love was my saving grace. I've saved up bait and mining gear..Looking forward to more decor... good luck all.

also using flag on studio..

judyandthecat
02-09-17, 06:44 PM
Between the chickens and the pigs being so generous, I was able to craft a lot of cookies and bears...ended up buying the value pack to finish up some collections and VOILA...I got decorations and a cub. Good luck all. The tunnel of love was my saving grace. I've saved up bait and mining gear..Looking forward to more decor... good luck all.

Fantastic!!!!!
Congrats on the bear!
What are names of decorations you have received and will add to the second post?

Mamatampa
02-09-17, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=judyandthecat;1395175]Fantastic!!!!!
Congrats on the bear!
What are names of decorations you have received and will add to the second post|

Valentine gift box
Valentine post box
Valentine mailbox
Valentine bear (giant)
Valentine's basket
Swan pond (animated)
Valentine's picnic

Blondiegirlhi
02-09-17, 07:22 PM
I have been diligently working this event, stuck now on B&B for 2 more heart wreaths. Hope will get them soon, but it is a very slow go. My question is do we have to have the mine open in order to complete the event? I am only a lvl 27 and worked first to open railroad. I have sent plane after plane trying to get expansion parts, but it seems I only get the gift boxes (if I get anything at all). Was trying to open the mine just in case I needed it.

And, I've bought extra pigs and chickens just to complete event so if I need mine, will be disappointed 🙁

Fasendaminha
02-09-17, 08:53 PM

🎉🎉🎉🎉 congratulations!!

What kind of habitat dose the cub have? And can he share it?

Mamatampa
02-09-17, 10:58 PM
�������� congratulations!!

What kind of habitat dose the cub have? And can he share it?
Wildlife Den...yes can have 3 in each habitat..skunks, cubs...allowed 3 habitats.

griffithpack
02-10-17, 12:30 AM
got a wreath with every pancake made before that was the goal. Now I can't get the last 2 despite making maple cookies to try for them. SO very frustrated now.....

Fasendaminha
02-10-17, 01:18 AM
Wildlife Den...yes can have 3 in each habitat..skunks, cubs...allowed 3 habitats.

Thank you 😊
That makes it worth it... it can share home ... I have no more space

judyandthecat
02-10-17, 03:39 AM
I have been diligently working this event, stuck now on B&B for 2 more heart wreaths. Hope will get them soon, but it is a very slow go. My question is do we have to have the mine open in order to complete the event? I am only a lvl 27 and worked first to open railroad. I have sent plane after plane trying to get expansion parts, but it seems I only get the gift boxes (if I get anything at all). Was trying to open the mine just in case I needed it.

And, I've bought extra pigs and chickens just to complete event so if I need mine, will be disappointed ��

The mine is needed on day ten for an event item.

Your options are:
You need to open the mine ...go to the buy/sell thread and post what you need but it takes time to open and repair so needs to be done quickly.
Second option is you would have to buy the Tunnel of Love where you would be able to craft the mine event item with event items from previous days.
Third option in order to turn in a collection you would have to purchase the missing mine event item with gems.

I just checked by trying to turn in a collection and with two days missing cost is 34 gems so I am assuming missing one would cost 17 gems.
This could get costly because it is a luck event .....right now I know of ten prizes thanks to Mamatampa and some neighbours who have purchased the Tunnel of Love. Meaning a one out of ten chance for the bear ....

Blondiegirlhi
02-10-17, 07:17 AM
The mine is needed on day ten for an event item.

Your options are:
You need to open the mine ...go to the buy/sell thread and post what you need but it takes time to open and repair so needs to be done quickly.
Second option is you would have to buy the Tunnel of Love where you would be able to craft the mine event item with event items from previous days.
Third option in order to turn in a collection you would have to purchase the missing mine event item with gems.

I just checked by trying to turn in a collection and with two days missing cost is 34 gems so I am assuming missing one would cost 17 gems.
This could get costly because it is a luck event .....right now I know of ten prizes thanks to Mamatampa and some neighbours who have purchased the Tunnel of Love. Meaning a one out of ten chance for the bear ....

Thanks for the information, that helps a lot. I'm thinking about how to approach this but at least you have given me some good suggestions. Really approach your help! ❤️

orleansparish
02-10-17, 07:31 AM
i advise you not to touch your gems ever. save up until you have a show pony or two. unless you have maximum number of show ponies, you may having fun with all your gems. :o cheers

Ive never wanted to purchase a show pony. Not wanting to throw so manu gems at a pet. And this from someone with over 30 gem animals!

I now wish I hadnt used them. And that id read this page some more because I saw we needed 2 of each part to make 1 new one. Which ive never seen before. 160 gems down the drain because Im not collecting enough to make as many additional pieces as id like.

Never, ever again! Ill chalk this up as not playing an event like this in a few months. I also saw we need 2 of each to turn in a collection. Id just as well would have been better off using those 160 gems in case I dont win the puppy.

Ill save them up again and maybe get a small gem package to replenish them. Should have gotten the puppy....

driver1711
02-10-17, 08:38 AM
got a wreath with every pancake made before that was the goal. Now I can't get the last 2 despite making maple cookies to try for them. SO very frustrated now.....
I was also stuck on this step. After installing the valentine version, I could not get past 9 of 20. So, this morning, I deleted and reinstalled and now it seems to be working again.

MiriellaBella
02-10-17, 10:52 AM
I still haven't gotten cookies from the bakery. I wouldn't have minded getting the pigs skins but don't think there is time now. Should I have deleted and reinstalled? I seem to be getting wreaths and bears for the next step, but stuck on goal 2 still.

griffithpack
02-10-17, 11:07 AM
I was also stuck on this step. After installing the valentine version, I could not get past 9 of 20. So, this morning, I deleted and reinstalled and now it seems to be working again.

Well, I tried that - now instead of needing 2, I need 3 - I'm crying UNCLE! Thank you for the suggestion, though....

driver1711
02-10-17, 03:07 PM
And, maybe I was too optimistic. Have only managed to get 4 since then. I have even tried making pancakes with bacon.

Fairyreserve
02-10-17, 03:34 PM
I apogee if this has been asked and answered. I completed the 3/6 goals, and there's a pig skin in my cellar. But when I try to apply it, it says "uh oh," and won't apply. I click a pig, and it offers the cupid skin sitting in my cellar for 30 gems. Huh? I go thru all that collecting and giving just for the privilege of BUYING a pig skin for 30 gems?! Is that right, or am I doing g something wrong?

OldTimer63
02-10-17, 03:34 PM
Looks like day 9 is the water garden, since I don't have it, I have thrown away the first 8 days of playing. Time to delete this game.

suncatchers
02-10-17, 03:45 PM
Looks like day 9 is the water garden, since I don't have it, I have thrown away the first 8 days of playing. Time to delete this game.

Day 9 is the fishing pond, not the water garden.

I was able to catch the heart lockets by using the dough bait, caught 2 at a time. Still working on the goal though...crafting more bait. Good luck to everyone!

judyandthecat
02-10-17, 03:46 PM

Today is the fishing pond.

Fairyreserve
02-10-17, 03:59 PM
Is it worth using a golden lure to try to catch 10 necklaces?

suncatchers
02-10-17, 04:30 PM
Is it worth using a golden lure to try to catch 10 necklaces?

I used 3 golden lures and didn't catch any necklaces. I'm afraid to use anymore!

Mamatampa
02-10-17, 04:31 PM
I used 3 golden lures and didn't catch any necklaces. I'm afraid to use anymore!

Dough bait are giving me 2 lockets at a time.

darkmornings
02-10-17, 04:45 PM
Dough bait are giving me 2 lockets at a time.

I've been making and hoarding dough bait since day 1. I was able to get 28 necklaces and all of my catfish. I don't know if the golden lures will give more but, there are still many days left.

Fairyreserve
02-10-17, 05:01 PM
I've been making and hoarding dough bait since day 1. I was able to get 28 necklaces and all of my catfish. I don't know if the golden lures will give more but, there are still many days left.

Wait, are catfish a goal item? I'm still on goal 4/6, so if catfish are a goal for 5 or 6,ill hoard those. I just need to expand so I can get rid of the papers I'm hoarding, but I'm level 24 so waiting till 25 so I can use them specifically on the train. Like 2000 stars left, Oy! My point being I'm running Ning out of room in my barn and need 2 screws to upgrade.

darkmornings
02-10-17, 05:14 PM
Yes, you'll need 20. I have screws if you need them just post on my wall. ID darkmornings. I'll have to do the dinner, chat and TV time with my family soon so, the sooner the better

LadyFencer
02-10-17, 06:08 PM
I just got FOURTEEN lockets--yes, FOURTEEN--with a golden lure. Not in one of the little whirlpools either. WHO KNEW?????? I have never been that lucky at one of these events.

Now if I could just get the dang catfish.

darkmornings
02-10-17, 06:24 PM
I just got FOURTEEN lockets--yes, FOURTEEN--with a golden lure. Not in one of the little whirlpools either. WHO KNEW?????? I have never been that lucky at one of these events.

Now if I could just get the dang catfish.

In one cast? Oh wow! Congrats!

PookieBear50
02-10-17, 06:50 PM
Wait, are catfish a goal item? I'm still on goal 4/6, so if catfish are a goal for 5 or 6,ill hoard those. I just need to expand so I can get rid of the papers I'm hoarding, but I'm level 24 so waiting till 25 so I can use them specifically on the train. Like 2000 stars left, Oy! My point being I'm running Ning out of room in my barn and need 2 screws to upgrade.

Depending on what you're able to craft, I find that making candles is one good way to open up space in my barn and silo; butter is also a good one to craft (candles and butter both use up 4 items from the barn).

GertrudePParkenfarker
02-10-17, 07:15 PM

I made dough balls from day one and bought lures I saw in the newspaper. Total of 110 lures, got 76 necklaces. Golden lure got 14. Wish we could share in the market, I will never need that many. That is more success than I've ever had!!

LadyFencer
02-10-17, 07:50 PM
In one cast? Oh wow! Congrats!

Yes. One cast! I had gotten 10 through 5 casts (they're giving two per cast). I was totally floored at 14.

Fairyreserve
02-10-17, 08:46 PM
Can someone help me understand the pigskin from the goals? I completed them, and it's in my cellar, but applying it still costs 30 gems. Is that right?

PookieBear50
02-10-17, 09:56 PM
Can someone help me understand the pigskin from the goals? I completed them, and it's in my cellar, but applying it still costs 30 gems. Is that right?

The Cupid Pig skin? Odd, I had no gem total showing underneath it. You should just be able to drag it out of your cellar and change one of your pigs' skins, without any loss of coins or gems.

I do have two pig skins that have gem amounts underneath them, but those are ones that I don't have that I would need to buy from the Market first.

Fairyreserve
02-10-17, 10:25 PM
The Cupid Pig skin? Odd, I had no gem total showing underneath it. You should just be able to drag it out of your cellar and change one of your pigs' skins, without any loss of coins or gems.

I do have two pig skins that have gem amounts underneath them, but those are ones that I don't have that I would need to buy from the Market first.

Thank u for confirming! Finally it worked. I had mistaken a Greek like toga skin for the vday skin. My mistake. Thank u!

Droptilushop2
02-10-17, 10:34 PM
I apogee if this has been asked and answered. I completed the 3/6 goals, and there's a pig skin in my cellar. But when I try to apply it, it says "uh oh," and won't apply. I click a pig, and it offers the cupid skin sitting in my cellar for 30 gems. Huh? I go thru all that collecting and giving just for the privilege of BUYING a pig skin for 30 gems?! Is that right, or am I doing g something wrong?
This happened to me in previous events. I am an Android player. To fix this I turn my device off and restart. I can then apply the skin after tapping on the relevant pen and applying the skin from the paint bucket. Hope it works for you too.

Fairyreserve
02-10-17, 11:34 PM
This happened to me in previous events. I am an Android player. To fix this I turn my device off and restart. I can then apply the skin after tapping on the relevant pen and applying the skin from the paint bucket. Hope it works for you too.

It finally worked, but I thought it was me being confused. This may have done it, as I did reboot my phone, though this is not why, it was coincidental. I'm an android, so I'll watch for this in the future, thank u!

Fairyreserve
02-10-17, 11:41 PM
Depending on what you're able to craft, I find that making candles is one good way to open up space in my barn and silo; butter is also a good one to craft (candles and butter both use up 4 items from the barn).

I had thought about which building to buy next . It's not available to me yet, but do candles sell well? I also thought about the juicer at this point. If candles sell well, maybe I'll do that.

kruimeltje1979
02-11-17, 03:08 AM
Very happy to say that after the bakery debacle all the other quests are quite doable. Admittedly I had 200 dough bait stored lol. Now here's to hoping the sheep continue dropping collectibles properly too.

Mamatampa
02-11-17, 04:58 AM

Are you sure you are in your cellar and not under the pen where you switch skins? It has to be moved out first. Otherwise. Makes no sense, nothing in cellars cost money. Once it is out of the cellar, it will be in the edit screen if you ever change it again.

dmaertens
02-11-17, 02:55 PM
Must be nice!!! I have used almost everything in my bait shop and nothing!! Still at level 2 on the other challenge so just stopped doing it. This event has been very uneventful.

eneke
02-11-17, 04:02 PM
I hate mining with a passion! I have over 320 mining tools since I hate it so much. I guess I need to use them now.

rhiannydd892
02-11-17, 04:22 PM
Here we go again, getting dejavu from the Easter event last year. Currently on 12 collection turned in and still no bear. These events are just ridiculous

enaid03
02-11-17, 04:24 PM
Here we go again, getting dejavu from the Easter event last year. Currently on 12 collection turned in and still no bear. These events are just ridiculous

Not to mentioned recycled content. Just started turning in collections. I really need 15 Valentine's balloons? 8 Picnics?

For all the time, money, and effort we put into these events the least they could do is design some new decorations.

rhiannydd892
02-11-17, 04:29 PM
Totally agree!! I have 4 picnics and counting. There really should be something in place where you do so many turns in and you're guaranteed the bear. I'm gonna need to expand purely for a balloon area

OldTimer63
02-11-17, 04:40 PM
Again, no way to finish the quests. I have baked over 130 breads and still only 17 cookies. My plans are to ignore the quests and just turn in collections. I know I will not win the bear, but I hate to just waste the colection items I have amassed while doing deliveries.

leysanne
02-11-17, 04:45 PM
I guess i've been pretty lucky because I've found this event really enjoyable.

It was great that we knew in advance where each days collection items would be so we could plan ahead.

The goals have been good too ... normally we have to give so many of each collection item but this time have only had to collect them meaning we have more collections to turn in & therefore more chances to win the bear.

Being able to use dough bait to catch the necklaces rather than having to make a special bait made things simpler too. I used about 25 dough bait & got 12 necklaces from those & 14 from a golden lure when looking for salmon.

Yes, getting the collection item from the bakery was slow going but luckily bread is only 15 mins so it was doable. I also found my chickens were reluctant to drop the gift bags but again they have a pretty short refresh so it wasn't terrible.

I've just used 21 mining tools & got 9 rings from those. So off i went to try my luck ... got my bear on the 4th try so i'm going to bed pretty happy right now.

I haven't used any gems for this event & for me it has not been a stressful event like some of them can be. So thank you S8 for taking some of our comments on board from previous events like this. Also a big thank you to those who take the time to update & contribute to the first page with goals etc & to the moderators. Your help, information & advice is much appreciated.
I hope things improve for those of you having trouble getting what you need & that you are able to win the bear. Good luck :)

PorcelainDollOT
02-11-17, 05:02 PM
I seriously got the bear on the 3rd collection I turned in! People, this never happens!!! I am usually so unlucky and just get the same stuff multiple times! Was a surprise since my bakery and chocolates seem to want to completely stop dropping items for me. Best of luck to everyone else!!!! :o

eneke
02-11-17, 05:12 PM
Well I got 2 bears back to back and I am done. Not bad for turning in 17 collections. I was so close to purchasing the tunnel of love but decided whatever happens happens. So glad I held out. Good luck to everyone.

eucom
02-11-17, 05:12 PM
Trying to get a couple more gift boxes...made 10 deliveries and zero boxes!

littlefirefIy
02-11-17, 05:31 PM
Ok this is the least I have ever gotten from mining. I usually get 1-2 items per took but right now I'm lucky to get 1 'Near'. What's happening?

littlefirefIy
02-11-17, 05:47 PM
Around 20 collections turned in and I finally got the bear on my very LAST ring. I was about to be very disappointed.

OldTimer63
02-11-17, 06:27 PM
12 more breads and 0 cookies.

Fairyreserve
02-11-17, 08:33 PM
I'm still on 4 of 6 I the goals and cannot get anything from the chocolate or studio to save my life. Been waiting to fish or mine until 4/6 is done. Frustrated.

rhiannydd892
02-11-17, 08:37 PM
20 collections turned in and still no bear. Not got much left now so tempted to give up!!

ozigal
02-11-17, 09:35 PM
My Baker must have gone out for smoko and never returned. Still stuck on 2/6.

LadyFencer
02-11-17, 09:56 PM
First the jackpot of necklaces, then today I got the bear with about a dozen collections!

Maybe I should go buy lottery tickets.

Keep trying y'all. Still several days left.

dylis007
02-12-17, 12:34 AM
My chocolatier has gone on strike ,bear is not looking hopeful

kruimeltje1979
02-12-17, 03:51 AM
100 mining tools = 30 rings = on the very last collection the bear cub.

Very disappointed that 5 of the decorations were the same as last years though...I now have 17 stacks of presents and 9 giant bears for example. Very lazy and sloppy of storm8 in my opinion. If you're gonna make it this hard to hand in collections and then even harder to get the prize everyone really wants. You could at last put in the effort of making the decorations new.

Fairyreserve
02-12-17, 04:12 AM
First the jackpot of necklaces, then today I got the bear with about a dozen collections!

Maybe I should go buy lottery tickets.

Keep trying y'all. Still several days left.

I'm glad U've had such great success! So would u agree that I should not turn in any collections until I'm done fishing and mining, which I'm waiting g to do until 4/6 is complete? Or should I turn in what I have now? I have lots of everything except the ring, I only have 5 {cuz I caved and mined a little). I only have 4 shovels left and no pickaxes. And no tunnel. So wait to turn in till I fish/mine, or turn I what I have now?

Fairyreserve
02-12-17, 04:13 AM
My chocolatier has gone on strike ,bear is not looking hopeful

Mine, too. Meh.

darkmornings
02-12-17, 05:12 AM
I'm glad U've had such great success! So would u agree that I should not turn in any collections until I'm done fishing and mining, which I'm waiting g to do until 4/6 is complete? Or should I turn in what I have now? I have lots of everything except the ring, I only have 5 {cuz I caved and mined a little). I only have 4 shovels left and no pickaxes. And no tunnel. So wait to turn in till I fish/mine, or turn I what I have now?

I turned in mine as I went. The glowing lights drove me crazy. It also gave me a less overwhelming look at what I needed to collect. I got my bear after 20ish tries. I have my buildings doing regular work now. I won't have to make another pancake for a long time

A1ian0re
02-12-17, 05:28 AM
is there anyway to complete the collection without the mine?

ive not really been able to participate in this event as ive sent hundreds of deliveries but only received about 5 gifts and expansion permits etc. out of all of them. I was stuck on the mission to get 10 presents for days as nothing would drop regardless of the amount of deliveries I did so there is no way I'm going to catch up now.

LadyFencer
02-12-17, 05:44 AM

I also turned mine in as I went. When I got a couple of rings I turned in the collections. I still have to complete the goals. Waiting on roses from my sheep, who are being rather uncooperative. But since I have the bear, it doesn't matter. With a few days left, I should be able to finish. (I hope the sheep didn't take that as a challenge.)

LadyFencer
02-12-17, 05:46 AM
I noticed a few events ago that drop rates fell off over the weekend. I thought it was just coincidence, but with so many commenting on lack of drops, I think it's not.

LadyFencer
02-12-17, 05:51 AM

Very disappointed that 5 of the decorations were the same as last years though...I now have 17 stacks of presents and 9 giant bears for example. Very lazy and sloppy of storm8 in my opinion. If you're gonna make it this hard to hand in collections and then even harder to get the prize everyone really wants. You could at last put in the effort of making the decorations new.

My thoughts exactly. I have a bunch of balloons, bears, picnics, etc. It's bad enough to get the same prizes repeatedly in the event, especially if you don't get the main prize. It's really irritating to get the same as the previous year. Y'all have had a whole year to design new prizes.

Fairyreserve
02-12-17, 06:05 AM
Thank u for the advice to turn in as I go. I now feel officially guilty, as out of 5 tries, I got the bear on the 5th try. I've o ly been at this game for like 2 or 3 weeks total, and here I am getting the bear when some folks haven't had any luck. I've got him out and kind of hiding by the pond so he's not all flaunty. I also got 2 Park benches, which I kinda d of like even more. I'm still going g to go for these freaking g goals that so far elude me. It's been fun!

cops2017
02-12-17, 06:28 AM
Please tell me which places may I put new bear... :( (no have any empty places....1 Spring Skunk, 1 Blossom Fawn and 1 Bear Cup were taken from another event)

Thanks for your support... ����������������

darkmornings
02-12-17, 07:28 AM
Thank u for the advice to turn in as I go. I now feel officially guilty, as out of 5 tries, I got the bear on the 5th try. I've o ly been at this game for like 2 or 3 weeks total, and here I am getting the bear when some folks haven't had any luck. I've got him out and kind of hiding by the pond so he's not all flaunty. I also got 2 Park benches, which I kinda d of like even more. I'm still going g to go for these freaking g goals that so far elude me. It's been fun!

Congrats! I'm glad it worked out for you so well. Keep trying for the quests but (well in my case) the pressure is off. I like my benches too.:)

darkmornings
02-12-17, 07:28 AM
Please tell me which places may I put new bear... :( (no have any empty places....1 Spring Skunk, 1 Blossom Fawn and 1 Bear Cup were taken from another event)

Thanks for your support... ����������������

Can you buy another habitat?

cops2017
02-12-17, 07:55 AM
Can you buy another habitat?

It's ok. Thank you so much :p

pspoiled65
02-12-17, 08:11 AM
I've turned in over 20 collections and still no bear :(

Fairyreserve
02-12-17, 08:30 AM
Oh, wait. The bear is alive, like a pet? Or he's the giant stuffed bear? I assumed it was the giant stuffed bear. Oy, I. Such a newbie! I don't have a living guy yet. I'm not sure I'll make it thru the t/6 quest, as I only have 4 sheep and no boost, and I have to get 20 drops, so... I'll keep at it, but this one may not happen.

darkmornings
02-12-17, 09:29 AM
Yes, he's a pet. Tan with a heart on his bum. There is still a bit of time left, don't give up

FunkyJM
02-12-17, 10:14 AM
Hi all,

To apply the skins for animals is a bit different for Android as for iOS players.
On my Android, the skins stays in my cellar. I can apply them threw pressing on the animal pen -> click on the paint bucket -> apply the skin u like. Still the skins will show in ur cellar. Choosing the skin threw ur cellar by sliding it, doesn't work. For iOS this last one will work and it will disappear from ur cellar.
Also saw that with my iOS I can't see the Valentine skins on Android farms...

S8: Thanks again, for this event. Also this was a relaxing one. Drop rate in Mining very nice.
Also glad to see we didn't had to handover Collection items at the goals but only had to Get/Find them to be counted.
Love the purple with blue twinkles colors of the swan pond.

FunkyJM
02-12-17, 10:22 AM
Oh, wait. The bear is alive, like a pet? Or he's the giant stuffed bear? I assumed it was the giant stuffed bear. Oy, I. Such a newbie! I don't have a living guy yet. I'm not sure I'll make it thru the t/6 quest, as I only have 4 sheep and no boost, and I have to get 20 drops, so... I'll keep at it, but this one may not happen.

Perhaps S8 can take this info and apply it into the next Collection Event: those who are lowered leveled and haven't unlocked more pens, to get a lower Get/Find amount then those, who have unlocked more pens? :)

LadyFencer
02-12-17, 12:23 PM
I finished goal 5/6--had needed one more rose bouquet. On 6/6 I had the rocks on hand after mining for rings to turn in collections. I went to the mine to find another ring for the goal, and when I tapped in the mine, I got a message that the goal was completed. So I guess it somehow counted what I had done already. That was quite the surprise.

The sheep refused to wear the cupid skins, though. Said they did not want to look like chickens. They opted for pink sweaters instead.

LadyFencer
02-12-17, 12:24 PM
Perhaps S8 can take this info and apply it into the next Collection Event: those who are lowered leveled and haven't unlocked more pens, to get a lower Get/Find amount then those, who have unlocked more pens? :)

That is a great suggestion! I have seen similar allowances made in Castle Story for lower-level players.

Fairyreserve
02-12-17, 12:26 PM

Yep, I think I can confirm that it is about impossible for me to make this goal, for this reason. I just harvested my sheep, zero drops. They dropped at least 2 or 3 every harvest before the goal became avail. So I'll have to live on my device at all hours when the sheep are ready and hope all 4 give me drops in order to make it before the end of the event. I got all others done, which is too bad, that's alot of catfish I could have sold. So... No cow skins for me. Oh well. Still had fun, and now I know what I'm doing for next event. Will keep trying for the bear but I'm out of mining tools. Wish we could sell our collections. I'd buy rings.

And ur description of android skins s is 100%. Didn't know u can't see them on android neighbor farms! Doh!

Ravenbluffer
02-12-17, 01:41 PM
The studio wasn't producing for me in this game... just worked up enough for five collections. Turned in my first collection and got the bear. I'm not usually that lucky with this game and I don't get into the Valentines games, but do it for the challenge.

Getting the animal early happened one other time for me: when I got the "Hot Dog" as my first pet. He will always have a place on my farm even if he does have a bun for a body; no storage cellar for him!

jigsaw75
02-12-17, 02:22 PM
is there anyway to complete the collection without the mine?

ive not really been able to participate in this event as ive sent hundreds of deliveries but only received about 5 gifts and expansion permits etc. out of all of them. I was stuck on the mission to get 10 presents for days as nothing would drop regardless of the amount of deliveries I did so there is no way I'm going to catch up now.

You can spend 20 gems to complete the collection. Expensive price to pay since you're unlikely to get the pet on the first try. Expand to your mine soon since the mine is involved in most events. You'll also need lumber and stuff to fix the mine once you get there. Read the game guides for more information.

caron7
02-12-17, 05:12 PM

actually, i had 7 of these prizes already. the only new prizes were the bear pet, the romantic bench and the swan pond. those Valentine mailboxes, i believe, are from a previous event, but were single use and disappeared. i saved the red one. ( i could be mistaken on the pink one. it looks very similar to the previous one, perhaps it is slightly different). i too am disappointed we didn't get more new content.

rhiannydd892
02-12-17, 11:44 PM
Very disappointed nearly 30 collections turned in and no bear. My factories and animals have stopped giving out the items needed to make a collection so it's now become pretty much impossible. I get that it can't be too easy to complete but sometimes they're just ridiculous. I really dislike these pot luck ones much prefer ones where you complete the task and get a pet. really have no need for 5 stuffed bears and 4 picnic blankets as well as all the other multiples I've accumulated

LadyFencer
02-13-17, 06:15 AM
Very disappointed nearly 30 collections turned in and no bear. My factories and animals have stopped giving out the items needed to make a collection so it's now become pretty much impossible. I get that it can't be too easy to complete but sometimes they're just ridiculous. I really dislike these pot luck ones much prefer ones where you complete the task and get a pet. really have no need for 5 stuffed bears and 4 picnic blankets as well as all the other multiples I've accumulated

I've been where you are, and I don't like completely luck-based events either. I rarely ever get the main prize. Case in point, I still haven't gotten a gold cowbell despite over 40 deliveries. Different goal, yes, but same outcome. Can't get what I need and am frustrated.

OldTimer63
02-13-17, 08:02 AM
I agree with you Ladyfencer, I have no luck in winning prizes either. I also have never won a gold cowbell, even with having enough items stockpiled to finish and deliver in less than a minute (I tried this wondering if level of cowbell was time-based).
I keep saying I will never participate in one of these events again, but after collecting a few items while doing normal deliveries and harvesting, it seems like a waste not to try, even though I know S8 is not going to allow me to finish an event. (Case in point, it took me the first 10 days to get enough gift packages to finish quest1/6 and over175 breads to get the 20 cookies. But at least I made money selling bread, lol)

mayankcse10
02-13-17, 08:23 AM
I've been where you are, and I don't like completely luck-based events either. I rarely ever get the main prize. Case in point, I still haven't gotten a gold cowbell despite over 40 deliveries. Different goal, yes, but same outcome. Can't get what I need and am frustrated.

In contrast, I have had much better luck this time. Couldn't finish last 3 events, but have already got 2 cute bears this time with 16 tries.

LadyFencer
02-13-17, 08:30 AM
In contrast, I have had much better luck this time. Couldn't finish last 3 events, but have already got 2 cute bears this time with 16 tries.

Yes, I had excellent luck this time. I got 14 necklaces with one bait and got the bear with maybe a dozen collections. This event was the exception for me.

raissawinda
02-13-17, 07:26 PM
Lost 5 rings after turning in collections, that made me lost 5 chances to get the bear, no issue about my internet connection, so i'm nearly giving up. 2 more rings and then done i'm out. sad face.

Fairyreserve
02-13-17, 07:33 PM
I'm trolling neighbors and the community like crazy trying to figure d might I get tools for sale, and also sending deliveries (waste when I could make so much more money selling) to hopefully get some dropped. Holding out hope that I'll harvest a few more rings and get the bear. I have like 90 Wristlets, but only got 8 total rings.

mothernature15
02-13-17, 09:58 PM
Can I just have anchovies....have enough of chains.....trying to fillin truck...I get everything except anchovies,all my hard crafted lures are getting wasted.....

LadyFencer
02-14-17, 05:07 AM
Can I just have anchovies....have enough of chains.....trying to fillin truck...I get everything except anchovies,all my hard crafted lures are getting wasted.....

I needed a few catfish yesterday. Got six more necklaces.

raissawinda
02-14-17, 06:09 AM
just pressed the turn in button a little longer with my last collection and voila! there is the bear. i pressed for about 1 minute really. but i lost some balloons and other things i don't remember. ah yeah, the romantic chairs, or maybe ponds. my bad connection perhaps, not so sure. thanks anyway storm8 team, but next time i want a more solid color for the bear, this dilute one isn't too bright for my eyes. or the problem is my eyes themselves, hehehe...

NunuusFarm
02-14-17, 08:57 AM
Yaaaayyy.. got the bear :) I turned in about 14 collections the first day the last item was unlocked and got many duplicate decorations. And then today after filling in the other items, it took me forever to find a ring in the mine. But when I used that one ring to turn in the collection I got the bear. Also very happy we can now have more than wildlife den

twospoons
02-15-17, 07:04 AM
Had to use a lot of shovels & pickaxes, and I only managed to turn in about 6 collections (I'm not a very dedicated FS2 player), but I got the bear and a swan pond, which I think is really cute! Yay!

bj2500
02-15-17, 08:07 AM
Fished last night got 4 heart lockets exchanged them in the tunnel of love for 2 rings this morning turn in my last two collections and got the bear. I turned in about 40 collections. Pretty happy with the event.

MiriellaBella
02-15-17, 03:43 PM
Got my bear yesterday happily, but hoping for the swan pond. Mined today and got two rings but when I went to collections, they were not there! What do I do? The shovel and pick count shows that I used them... Rebooted but no rings still.

Rynetory2
02-15-17, 08:49 PM
Got my bear yesterday happily, but hoping for the swan pond. Mined today and got two rings but when I went to collections, they were not there! What do I do? The shovel and pick count shows that I used them... Rebooted but no rings still.

Happy to hear that you got your bear and sorry about your missing rings. I've replied to your pm and bug post.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54301-Farm-Story-2-Current-Bugs-and-Issues&p=1397337&viewfull=1#post1397337

bj2500
02-15-17, 09:58 PM
My tunnel of love has a upgrade now does anyone know what the upgrade is for.

Rynetory2
02-15-17, 10:10 PM
Can you restart your game and see if the upgrade option is still there? Are you able to store your tunnel?