PDA

View Full Version : 50 lvl players - what keeps you going?

kendysek
02-01-17, 05:08 AM
Hello everyone,

I have this question in my mind - when you are at level 50 and have done all storyline goals - what keeps you going? Why do you love to play?

I am closer and closer to level 50 and I am a bit affraid I will loose interest in this game. So doing my storyline goals slowly and don't want ever finish them. It's like when you are reading great book and don't want to finish it, because it will be over.

Looking forward to your positive feedback. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

MoonVillage3
02-01-17, 06:11 AM
I'll just add a comment on how I personally feel about this topic..
It's only at Level 50 the fun begins! It's time to party!
Your kingdom only now has reached a mature stage and is well equipped, strong and ready to go through battles (events). Winning each time (if you consentrate) thus.. giving you great satisfactions on whatever you obtain.
Never will you loose interest as there is always something left to do, or new weekly proposals offered.
Don't know if it's fortunate or UNfortunate.. but it becomes a part of you.. you're jealous, you care for and you love what's in it (your kingdom) and what has to do with it (your neighbors/friends).

PrincessCupOButter
02-01-17, 07:19 AM
For me, two things keep me going.
First, my amazing neighbors. Even when I am burnt out on all the timed events and lack of new storyline, I stick around because I would miss the interaction with the friends I've made here. And also, the forums. The help and humor found here adds so much to the game!
Second, the hope of an eventual return to the storyline keeps me here. As you mentioned, it's like reading a great book. Except the book doesn't end at level 50. It pauses, and we are left waiting for the sequel. I stick around because I really want to know what happens next!

For me, the constant timed events are very frustrating and make me feel burnt out. But as MoonVillage pointed out....those are easier at level 50 because we have the resources saved up after completing the main story goals. The recent events basically just give me something to do while waiting, and hoping, for a return to the main story.

meme1098
02-01-17, 09:36 AM
Hit the nail right on the head, bingo 🔘🔨

jopik
02-01-17, 11:16 AM
Im a long time player. I like limited time events much more than storyline. I have no clue where we're even at, never reading dialogues lol.
What keeps me going for now is i Want to open that last expansion with the crown and see a logical the end of the game one day?

ShibuyaCloth
02-01-17, 01:51 PM
u-goals

cyndora
02-01-17, 06:26 PM
i love the freedom we have in decorating the kingdoms, if i get kinda blah about it i rearrange things. my fabulous neighbors ,

that and still waiting to find out whats that thing at the bottom of our kingdoms, if we will ever get a waterfall, will we ever go through the glimmer gate to another realm, and if the baron suffers a slow and painful pixie hurt....

xox

danzplace
02-01-17, 06:37 PM
I like the ability to rsee decorate, helping new neighbors and the option to participate in quests, or not.

janddolphins
02-01-17, 07:00 PM
Some of the timed goals
The holiday themed goals
HOPES that the storyline will return
My wonderful neighbors
No longer having to babysit the game, even with timed goals, I choose whether or not to do them.
Personal goals I make for myself, like collecting as many different alicorns as possible

Probably more but those are the main ones

kendysek
02-02-17, 01:34 AM
Thanks for your beautiful replies.

So it really seems like the level 50 is just the beginning. I love my neighbors also and I love to just view their kingdoms and their progress. Timed events seems to be easier with every level. I also thought I would never have any alicorn - while the possibility comes from love shack which I don't have. And here I am with my own rainbow alicorn and wedding alicorn acquired without spending gems.

I also thought about what is behind the glimmergate and if we ever will have the possibility to travel trough it. I hope we will!
Or expand to those huge mountains at the background.

And it's allways really nice to have our own kingdoms! Like who have their own kingdom? Us! ;)

rulerofjennyville
02-02-17, 05:20 AM
I'm at level 50 and still have lots of the storyline goals left. I keep pausing to play the timed events.

susieq62castle
02-02-17, 08:12 AM
I hate to be the ' downer' in the groups of happy players at level 50..but i can say the only thing that keeps me playing is the hope that S8 will release expansions....i loved this game..i love my kingdom, and i love my neighbors...they have kept me playing inspite of all the S8 shenanigans and disappointments over the past year...and i am ever hopeful there will be a purpose for the fairy building materials we have accumulated..there are soooo many ways the storyline could be expanded...and i truly enjoy the beautiful design of the excessive amount of decor items that seems to be the main object of S8 attention these past months...i would just like to have room to show it all off....to design a beautiful kingdom for all these charming creatures to exist..please S8 ....let us expand! Hope....that is what keeps me playing!!!

angel7313
02-02-17, 01:55 PM
For me being level 50 was just the beginning. I love being able to breeze through all events and get multiples of the prizes (in most cases) and I do this without spending gems. All because my resources are so extensive at level 50 and over 3 years of playing that I can zip through the initial goal of timed events so fast that I have time to go back and collect against and again again. I'm kind of a greedy OCD hoarder at this point :p I yearn for the day when we have more expansions though. But at this point I truly feel like a ruler whereas before I felt like a struggling peasant. LOL.

robotparade
02-02-17, 02:01 PM
I am Level 50, and enjoy having enjoyed enough coins and resources to really play with my kingdom.

When I get bored I rearrange my layout, or take a break from it for a while.

Destiel0918
02-02-17, 02:14 PM
Forme it is making it more fabulous. Now that I don't have more quests it is much more entertaining to do all events- and be so well prepared that they are not exhausting. Upgrading all buildings to max levels, trying to make sweet feasts or spicy feast to do harder adventures each day - so I could slowly switch out all my cows, pigs- to royal ones from those adventures. Also, the work is hardly done - there are so many events, so many explanations still to be made - and by that time they also usually upgrade the game so you will always have something to do.

ninjalejones
02-02-17, 02:20 PM
I play in hope for a return to the storyline and a return to the FUN timed/optional/whatever events. They used to be inventive, not all weddings or weird characters while battling weird animals that look out of place. Since Halloween it's been more or less the same recipe recycled for stags, fawns, reindeers, yetis and polarbears. I'm really bored.

MoonVillage3
02-02-17, 02:32 PM
I play in hope for a return to the storyline and a return to the FUN timed/optional/whatever events. They used to be inventive, not all weddings or weird characters while battling weird animals that look out of place. Since Halloween it's been more or less the same recipe recycled for stags, fawns, reindeers, yetis and polarbears. I'm really bored.

I'm not bored.. but shucks! I have an over population of them :( I'm worried!

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-02-17, 02:54 PM
.......when you are at level 50 and have done all storyline goals - what keeps you going? Why do you love to play?
While a few have already covered some of the same bases for me (nbrs, timed events, forum, etc), there's also:
1. Not much keeps me going and
2. Love for the game is holding onto a *very* thin string at this point.

Timed events gives us long timers something to do, true, but they've gotten so dang monotonous and plug-&-play repeats of the timed event before it, and for so many months now that I'm actually bored with the game that I *used* to love so much. I find myself not logging on nearly as much, not visiting my nbrs as much, not visiting the forum as much (nor posting as much, when I do visit) and a general ennui is setting in (not good!).

Again this year... Instead of just giving those of us the Love Shack who missed it the first time (even for 1500 gems, lol) & being done with it, we get a month to try to trade for *some* of the things in it.
Yeah, my cheerleader pom-poms are gathering dust in the corner lately, lol.

coolssp
02-02-17, 06:46 PM
I've been now playing for three years and all the reasons have been mentioned in previous posts. Also, I've tried few other story based games but CS has the best interactive platform. This is more like the thing you keep at it until you don't.

[removed question as posting about 3rd party games isn't allowed.. SW .]

kendysek
02-03-17, 03:13 AM
While a few have already covered some of the same bases for me (nbrs, timed events, forum, etc), there's also:

Timed events gives us long timers something to do, true, but they've gotten so dang monotonous and plug-&-play repeats of the timed event before it, and for so many months now that I'm actually bored with the game that I *used* to love so much. I find myself not logging on nearly as much, not visiting my nbrs as much, not visiting the forum as much (nor posting as much, when I do visit) and a general ennui is setting in (not good!).

Again this year... Instead of just giving those of us the Love Shack who missed it the first time (even for 1500 gems, lol) & being done with it, we get a month to try to trade for *some* of the things in it.

I understand you. And I am little affraid I will be bored. But others gave me courage, that at level 50 I will just begin to be true ruler.

rulerofjennyville
02-03-17, 04:50 AM
I hate to be the ' downer' in the groups of happy players at level 50..but i can say the only thing that keeps me playing is the hope that S8 will release expansions....i loved this game..i love my kingdom, and i love my neighbors...they have kept me playing inspite of all the S8 shenanigans and disappointments over the past year...and i am ever hopeful there will be a purpose for the fairy building materials we have accumulated..there are soooo many ways the storyline could be expanded...and i truly enjoy the beautiful design of the excessive amount of decor items that seems to be the main object of S8 attention these past months...i would just like to have room to show it all off....to design a beautiful kingdom for all these charming creatures to exist..please S8 ....let us expand! Hope....that is what keeps me playing!!!

I don't have all my expansions completed, either - still have plenty left.

PrincessCupOButter
02-03-17, 06:19 AM

I agree! I posted that hope and my neighbors keep me around. And that is true, but t's very hard to get excited about recent 'updates'. Especially after yet another non-event that is apparently it for Valentine's Day. And also when more and more of my long term neighbors are either quitting or taking long breaks. :( It's hard to hold on to hope when even the developers seem to have given up.

And yet, I am clinging to that thread of hope that they will at least tie up the loose ends and bring the story to its natural conclusion. Or, preferably, that someone at S8 with some vision and imagination will realize how much potential this game still has, and start tapping into that.

AnisWa
02-03-17, 06:57 AM
I agree to all of the previous replies. Its only been a year that I started to play this game. When I reached level 50, I thought it be easier. But, I have to admit, the amount of coins and expansion permits needed for each piece of space, is so time consuming. I discovered the forum in July of 2016. The neighbors I've acquired are fantastic. All the players, especially Katt, MW, Princess Cup, have helped more than S8. You are the ones who kept my interest in the game. I'd visit the various King/ Queen-doms, to admire the creativeness/beauty of their ideas. It has been tedious at times to complete the timed events. There are times I have said I'm not playing this game, because the developers don't really listen or care what the dedicated players are requesting. We all know there are better developed games to choose from, but, we continue to hope for a somewhat logical conclusion to Castle Story's end. (if they no longer wish to keep this game in existing mode.)
I always look for the light at the end of tunnel.....Hello, S8, are you near the light?

Chaotarch
02-03-17, 10:59 AM
u-goals

absolute correct:cool::o
lol, and discover limits....:rolleyes:

rembetiko
02-04-17, 11:51 AM
I am hoping for an expansion to the bird cage or for new levels. And I really love the presents I get from queens/kings court. This is the most rewarding task right now. And I like getting new alicorns though this does not happen very often. Without the adventures and the alicorns I would have quit long time ago.