PDA

View Full Version : Game abandoned?

Fressie
01-31-17, 07:53 AM
Hello, just wondering what is happening with this game. No new events, new recipes....nothing! I'm at max level and finished all goals available, I know it takes a while to save for all ovens, ingredients, recipes..but lately there is nothing to do! I've almost mastered all of the recipes, so I've only filling out to go orders for expansions and upgrade of the pantry etc.

Is there going to be new content soon? Or I just forget about the game and move on.

cartoc6
01-31-17, 05:25 PM
I've been wondering the same thing.

ethan1brothers
02-01-17, 10:54 PM
I think there might be a valentines day update as there was last year ..... I think they called love and cupcakes .....

VanaCatu
02-02-17, 05:08 AM
I think there might be a valentines day update as there was last year ..... I think they called love and cupcakes .....

why sd it be? they didn't even make smth for xmas, just relisted last year's goal...
it does look abandoned. i even don't receive advertising goals in bs2 any more.

gangstagran
02-02-17, 06:22 AM
Yes, I had a download for 14gems in RS2 at the weekend but nothing in BS2, usually they appear in all the games. Just wish we could have some sort of confirmation one way or another of the plans for the game

laylaaj
02-03-17, 01:40 AM
Been wondering the same. Farm Story 2 have had back to back events for Groundhog Day and now valentines, BS2 never even got neighbors activated and I've been playing since release. It seems like a while since we've had any event :(

katie_krause
02-16-17, 07:41 PM
Hello all. Seems storm8 had lay offs so not sure we will ever be getting updates or answers :( I have been stuck on level 45 for weeks and experience points are not registering.

SunUpSunDown
02-16-17, 11:17 PM
Still playing BS2. For about a month it was about a handful of times. I kept checking this game.
The visual is beautiful. Detail is clear. Is it my imagination? Has the visual been enhanced this past couple of months?
The game runs smoothly. Someone must be taking care of it.
I still exchange quick serves with friends.
Glad I bought the gem oven. It's a good investment for a serious BS2 player such as myself.
The only quest I have is to expand the bakery.
All stores, ingredients and recipes are unlocked. There's more to do. I want to master all the recipes, expand the bakery and store stock.
I keep up take out for parts. Looking for bricks. Occasionally do SBC for keys necessary for gourmet recipes.
The quiet is welcome, like a winter rest from planting and harvest.
Considering the app for BS2 is still available, game still online running smoothly, I think that when S8 is ready. . .someday there will be new activity with Bakery Story 2.
Thanks for reading this.

powertoo
02-17-17, 01:56 PM
I hope that this isn't the case and they start with an update and finally include and introduce NEIGHBORS to the game. The "coming soon" note is most definitely a lie/misleading. Coming soon isn't well over a year.

finnfinn_boy
02-21-17, 08:07 AM
It would be great if the moderators could tell us if the game will not have any further developments.
Like many, i have reached level 45, completed all the goals, mastered all recipes and accumulated significant amount of coins and keys....
i found it aimless to bake continuously with nothing to look forward. Will leave the game by end of this month if there is nothing new.

Rynetory2
02-21-17, 08:12 AM
As much as we like to help but I'm afraid we Moderators will not be able to provide these answers because Storm8 doesn't release game information ahead of schedule.

Citrie
02-24-17, 12:11 PM
It's definitely odd seeing so many other Storm8 games get updates but BS2 go ignored! I would love even if they released old events during all of this downtime! I really hope BS2 doesn't get taken away. It's such a cute game with potential! Hopefully they will hear our encouragement and decide to communicate with us or freshen up the game soon!

ethan1brothers
03-01-17, 01:48 PM
id like to know whats up too it looks like they've thrown this game under the bus along with dream city ...although I'm told in castle story they once went a whole year with out updates and now they get what some people think are too many

jadabug08
03-02-17, 08:24 AM
Yes I would like to know too. I've spent money in that game but now there is nothing left to spend gems on. Hope something happens soon.

Ali03Jah07
03-08-17, 03:46 AM
Still waiting for the neighbors to be active. Well over a Year

jao1961
03-16-17, 09:37 AM
Yes I also been wondering. I just reached level 44 I still need some mastering have everything open but the 2 cupcakes that use the notes. Even have peaches. Saving now for luxurious grocer 😟 a lot of coin though. Ide even be glad to see some old key cookers re- released I didn't have an internet connection for 3 months and missed quite a few like tea kettle and guests ones. Plz could we have those re- released? 😁

JustKay
03-21-17, 08:27 PM
id like to know whats up too it looks like they've thrown this game under the bus along with dream city ...although I'm told in castle story they once went a whole year with out updates and now they get what some people think are too many

Yeah, i remember this way back. I think they were planning the best strategy to make the game active and profitable. They came up with the strategy to inundate people with interaction intensive events and then that approach sort of spread like wild fire to their other games. Now I think they've taken it too far so I think they need to rethink their strategy in a different climate. Maybe that's what's happening with BS2, they want to polish it up to be future proof.

I think BS2 isn't a bad game, it just came at a really, really bad time. People have less money now, and some are even thinning out the apps that they use. All their other games are pumping out events like mad, which means everyone has less time for a new game. They might need to think about their whole company event strategy considering that many of their players play multiple games. There may simply be no more room for their newest game, so no matter how great they make it, it will fail. Maybe they need to settle on multi-game strategy & coordinate events better, and then they might do a re-release of BS2 when they can see it fitting in.

My own experience is that when RestaurantS2 came out, I played a bit but then abandoned it. BS2 came out and I installed it for the gem rewards but didn't really bother until the first Cherry Blossom event. I found out about it really late, but worked my ass off to get the Cherry tree. After that I was exhausted trying to play it along with my other games and did my store up with all the food prepared on the stoves and decorated for hanami and sort of time-capsuled my bakery like that. I just never had time to play it properly in between DragonS, FantasyForestS, FarmS2. I had to give up CastleS entirely earlier along the way. Now I've swapped FS2 out to play the cruises on RS2 but not much else. I only collect gems on FS2 now. In reality the only game I'm really giving full attention to is DragonS. FFS2 I only really focus on LeaderBoard events since I have a full collection of trophies. RS2 I only play cruises and collect gem recipe ingredients and expansion parts. RS1, BS1 and FS2 I only collect gems. FashionS I only collect coins & neighbour gifts and do nothing else. Even then people tell me already I play my mobile games too much >_<

sugerbabby2
05-31-17, 03:03 AM
Are we getting any updates it's been way to long since we had one

Gray2724
06-02-17, 04:19 AM
Are we getting any updates it's been way to long since we had one

I keep wondering the same thing, there aren't any events for the holidays or new releases. This is one of the few games I play but I feel like it's headed for the chopping block. I wish they would tell us if it's going away; I don't want to waste my time if it is.

basil6
06-29-17, 05:25 PM
I wonder as well.
Liam doesn't drop envelopes for me anymore either

teest
08-15-17, 12:58 AM
Why won't someone tell us if the game is over for BS2.? I just don't understand why ther won't tell their loyal customers , either way. Will someone PLEASE HELP WITH THIS?!?!?!?!

Rynetory2
08-15-17, 06:08 AM
I'm afraid we won't know since Storm8 does not release game information on updates including development ahead of schedule.

bobbyrae
08-16-17, 12:47 PM
Why won't someone tell us if the game is over for BS2.? I just don't understand why ther won't tell their loyal customers , either way. Will someone PLEASE HELP WITH THIS?!?!?!?!

Go from past experience with other games and you'll pretty much have your answer. If you expect anyone to come outright and say yes the game has been abandoned you'll be waiting for a really long time. Don't hold your breath.

Citrie
11-27-17, 12:28 AM
My phone had a notification from BS2 and I was excited thinking it was a quest update! Instead it was some Black Friday sales on items. Which is good to see that BS2 even got recognition with a sale! But at the same time, as much as I would have gladly spent gems before on a sale, it didn't feel right to pay gems for a game that has been MIA for nearly a year now. Would really love some good news regarding this game picking up steam again with the holidays or the new year!

VanaCatu
11-27-17, 04:29 AM
My phone had a notification from BS2 and I was excited thinking it was a quest update! Instead it was some Black Friday sales on items. Which is good to see that BS2 even got recognition with a sale! But at the same time, as much as I would have gladly spent gems before on a sale, it didn't feel right to pay gems for a game that has been MIA for nearly a year now. Would really love some good news regarding this game picking up steam again with the holidays or the new year!

whoa, i didn't even see it! thank you so much for pointing this out!!!
i had 130 gems, and i've spent them all, lol ))))

opened new thread for this sale (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102033-BAKERY-2-Update-2017-Nov-24-BLACK-FRIDAY-Sale).
of course, not much time left, but maybe there is still someone here like me, who wd like to go shopping like crazy, lol )))

teest
03-05-18, 04:23 PM
Would it be possible, for us that are still playing, to repeat the old goals? My restaurant is much bigger now and I need more wallpaper, tables, chairs, etc. that were only available during the goals. Or just put them up for sale to purchase with coins like they were originally offered
?

ethan1brothers
03-08-18, 02:07 AM
storm 8 tends to get games going and then let them sit and then pick them back up again ...castle and farm story two had no events for a year or two and then they picked them back up ....so theres hope

Dida54
03-17-18, 07:03 AM
I had 18 ovens 6 in storage and 12 out I tried to take them out today and only one was released saying I have reached my limit why is that? all of a sudden I'm only allowed 13 leaving me 5 short of what I had

VanaCatu
03-18-18, 11:19 AM
I think it was about standard bakery story, this is another game.
In bakery story 2, we can have as many apps out as we wish, but we cannot store any of them.

In standard bakery story, we have slots - how many apps we can put out. It depends on level.
As you level up, you get add slots. Max you can get for free is 18. Others u can only buy for gems.
You can check BS guide to see when you get more slots (i guess now you lvl 50-53):
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide&p=758470&viewfull=1#post758470

SunUpSunDown
03-20-18, 08:36 AM
Would it be possible, for us that are still playing, to repeat the old goals? My restaurant is much bigger now and I need more wallpaper, tables, chairs, etc. that were only available during the goals. Or just put them up for sale to purchase with coins like they were originally offered
?

I agree. Repeat old goals. Currently the Spring and Summer ovens are sold with one recipe on them. Past goals added recipes to them.
Repeating past Spring and Summer Oven goals is one example of what Storm8 could do now.

Making the key ovens available again to buy is another idea.

There were temporary recipes that were used in goals. They were baked a number of times to unlock the main prize. Use old temporary recipes now as permanent recipes to win.

I could think of other ideas of what Storm8 could do for the faithful players.

Crystini
06-25-18, 07:07 PM
I just wanted to also voice an opinion that this game is still wanted. I would love to play through some of the old goals again at the very least. I just barely missed the sakura cake roll in 2016 and I keep wanting to come back and play through more events to no avail.
I would probably spend money for OLD content much less new content. That's how I feel about BS2.
I realize the predominant opinion for this game is that it's a knock-off of the original Bakery Story. Personally, I prefer the graphics and the gameplay of BS2. And I like BS2 a lot better than RS2, it never made sense to me why that game proceeded with more content over this one.
Is there anywhere else where we can leave feedback for more content - like somewhere that executives or people with power are able to see? >_>

Auntprish
03-10-19, 04:12 AM
I don’t know why, but Im still playing this game hoping they’ll add more content someday. I agree with many on here that there need to be other things to spend the silver and gold keys on. I get them way too often for them to be considered rare and am in constant need of bronze ones for gourmet ingredients. And the ability to add more appliances and store ones not needed would be nice. I havent used the daily bread oven in ages but have to keep looking at it and I would like more mixers and blenders for when I need a lot of custard and frosting. Another feature Id like is to be able to adjust the number of an item that I want to delete from the pantry. I’ll have say way too many jars and invitations for pantry expansion and Im waiting for enough shelves but my allowed number of items keeps getting maxed out. Id just like to delete the overage of jars or invitations, not all of them. I guess Im putting my 2 cents worth on here in case someone at Storm8 wonders if anyone is still playing this game.

kgp70282
07-24-19, 05:54 AM
What has happened to this game nothing for years!

bkburgers
09-21-19, 06:59 AM
Yes, I’m wondering the same thing...how many of us out there are still playing??