PDA

View Full Version : Lunar New Year - World Event!

[S8] Regina
01-24-17, 11:24 AM
Extra Information

Provided by posts from thread

Ends Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:30:00 GMT (from game data found somewhere :))

Points for rewards:

[S8] Regina
01-24-17, 11:24 AM
LUNAR NEW YEAR WORLD EVENT!

Requires level 17+ | Minimum game version is iOS 2.4/Android 2.3.1.6

https://imgur.com/oNcSMQE.png

amerirish
01-24-17, 11:39 AM
Prize Dragons:

Lunar Monkey
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: White Yellow Red
Habitat: White Meadow, Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 23 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

Lunar Rooster
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Yellow Red
Habitat: Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Buying Price: 1,600 Gold
Incubation: 17 hours

Lunar Luck
Rarity: Rare
Type: Black Yellow Red
Habitat: Black Sands, Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Incubation: 28 hours

Florr06
01-24-17, 11:40 AM
Love the prizes, glad we have a dragon as the final Community prize again :)

starship412
01-24-17, 11:55 AM
Nice dragons and thank you for bringing back the community dragon, there are people who listen to the gamers, lol! Also, thanks S8 for finally clearing up the constant crash issues as well. I've been able to stay on the current version for more than 3 minutes!

katali119
01-24-17, 12:06 PM
Oh, woo, community dragon?! That is awesome!

marathon2615
01-24-17, 12:16 PM
I have to say thank you as well to s8 for the community dragon prize. Something to look forward to and work for together other than decor. Individual prizes look nice too. Good luck everyone

FieldsLikeB
01-24-17, 12:21 PM
Yes! An old fashioned community event! New dragons and a community dragon. Here's hoping this is doable.

Question does this end on Feb 3 or Feb 2?

jbyn4e
01-24-17, 12:30 PM
Ends Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:30:00 GMT (from game data found somewhere :))

Points for rewards:

jaymieb2
01-24-17, 01:15 PM
Thank you for having a dragon as the final community prize, again! WOO HOO!

Great designs all around! (but the Lunar Monkey is my favorite) And it is nice having Leaderboard and Community Events concurrently - people can choose to participate in one or both - and the point collection for both are very similar - and are mostly what we normally do - with encouragement to log on more frequently! :-)

D_Raho
01-24-17, 01:24 PM
Yes! An old fashioned community event! New dragons and a community dragon. Here's hoping this is doable.
You need to collect at least 265 Red Envelopes a day to reach the last prize. It is doable, even without spending any gold(either in the past or the present). Granted, the numbers would require you to collect everything instantly with a second missed, which is impossible, but we don't need to be so pedantic, here. It's just a rough guide. With only one nest, one evolution temple and all 7 Farms, plus the Quest and Lucky Coin, one could make a maximum of 294 Red Encelopes a day, if they collected around the clock.

7 Farms x 24 Hours = 168
1 Evolution Temple = 24
1 Nest = 24
Quest 6 Red Envoleps every 3 hours 8 times a day = 48
Lucky Coin 5 Red Evelopes every 4 hours 6 times a day = 30

Again, that adds up to 294 a day, if my maths s****s are not in error. If you have any extra Nests or Evolution Temples, it just becomes that much easier. Each one is an extra 24 potential points a day. With all four Nests and both Evolution Temples, that's 390 a day. The real challenge will be seeing how many Red Envelopes we need for the final Community Dragon.

amerirish
01-24-17, 02:24 PM
D_Raho: I'm assuming you meant "Farms" instead of "Nests" on your first line, just to avoid any confusion :)

D_Raho
01-24-17, 02:32 PM
D_Raho: I'm assuming you meant "Farms" instead of "Nests" on your first line, just to avoid any confusion :)
Oh dear, yes. lol

Thank you for pointing that out.

Clark_Wayne
01-24-17, 02:35 PM
don't forget that points will probably double at the end ;)
so don't give up too fast ;)
i remember that my baby account reached the last individual prize couple hours before end !

DR0G0N
01-24-17, 04:58 PM
Since they have the Parade Pond, maybe they'll also re-release the Koi dragon...? :rolleyes: Since fish also relates to Chinese New Year...

Btw, the Parade Pond Habitat along with Jousting Arena looks wonderful. Good Job to the designer~

Random question: anyone know if the Jousting Arena was released before? I feel like I've seen it before...

goddard7006
01-24-17, 06:29 PM
Since they have the Parade Pond, maybe they'll also re-release the Koi dragon...? :rolleyes: Since fish also relates to Chinese New Year...

Btw, the Parade Pond Habitat along with Jousting Arena looks wonderful. Good Job to the designer~

Random question: anyone know if the Jousting Arena was released before? I feel like I've seen it before...

Jousting arena looks like the Champion habitat if it were restored IMHO

Dragosle
01-24-17, 06:53 PM
I was actually expecting the Lunar Monkey from last year. Look like S8 is a year late... but better late than never :D

PinkBubbles75
01-24-17, 07:39 PM
the lunar monkey dragon looks cool but I'm not too crazy about these dragons though since the types are common. I will play for the monkey at least. I hope everyone can get them all plus the community prizes

bakerystoe
01-24-17, 07:39 PM
I don't know if I will have to give up the rooster but it seems quite difficult to reach 265 a day, as I don't collect round the clock and furthermore I missed the 20hr crop at first collect so yea:(

ozigal
01-25-17, 03:48 PM
don't forget that points will probably double at the end ;)
so don't give up too fast ;)
i remember that my baby account reached the last individual prize couple hours before end !
I hope this happens,but I am not too sure this time around. Fingers crossed.

It's great to see a dragon back in the community goal.

harobeda
01-26-17, 01:13 AM
Why is Lunar Luck showing up as a bingo task? (To battle with Lunar luck to get 350 points) no one should have it yet - unless they bought it with gold (and why would you since it's the community prize dragon).

FlatFoot
01-27-17, 11:12 AM
Glad you all are enjoying the dragons!

lnztrekfan
01-27-17, 04:16 PM
This is the first world event I've played since opening artic isles. Does my farming, breeding and evolving in artic isles count for this?

random59
01-27-17, 04:48 PM
This is the first world event I've played since opening artic isles. Does my farming, breeding and evolving in artic isles count for this?

No, Arctic Isles only comes into the equation in Leaderboard Events and that is only breeding and evolving.

lnztrekfan
01-27-17, 05:04 PM
No, Arctic Isles only comes into the equation in Leaderboard Events and that is only breeding and evolving.

Thank you so much for responding random59! I definitely appreciate it! Have a great day/evening! :)

jaymieb2
01-27-17, 07:58 PM
why is lunar luck showing up as a bingo task? (to battle with lunar luck to get 350 points) no one should have it yet - unless they bought it with gold (and why would you since it's the community prize dragon).

exactly!

mayday2001
02-01-17, 03:05 PM
Ditto the bingo lunar monkey task. I'm really starting to dislike the bingo. As well as have 3 nests going non stop, doing the quests and I'm 600 shy of the final prize. I may get a few hundred more before this ends but won't make the 600. There was no double points this time. Even getting points off battles would have helped, but way to difficult to achieve. I can only imagine people with only one nest don't have a hope at all. This is not right.

katali119
02-01-17, 03:18 PM
I worked out with 3 nests, two temples, and doing the quest and coin 6 times each each day you would earn 338 points a day. You need 265 a day to get to the final individual prize. I have an average of 324 points a day (one day I only got 259, dunno what I did that day lol). That gives a total of 3240 points over the ten days. With 1 nest, 1 temple, 7 farms, and the quest and statue/coin you could get 266 points a day. Gives you precious little margin for error, but still is reachable, without spending any gold.

I find this event a lot more reasonable than the leaderboard, which I find is impossible to reach the final milestone without spending gold, even with 3 nests, 2 temples, 2 dens. Maybe having the arctic isles would help, interesting how they don't help for the world events, but do for leaderboards, seems unreasonable.

mayday2001
02-01-17, 05:59 PM
I worked out with 3 nests, two temples, and doing the quest and coin 6 times each each day you would earn 338 points a day. You need 265 a day to get to the final individual prize. I have an average of 324 points a day (one day I only got 259, dunno what I did that day lol). That gives a total of 3240 points over the ten days. With 1 nest, 1 temple, 7 farms, and the quest and statue/coin you could get 266 points a day. Gives you precious little margin for error, but still is reachable, without spending any gold.

I find this event a lot more reasonable than the leaderboard, which I find is impossible to reach the final milestone without spending gold, even with 3 nests, 2 temples, 2 dens. Maybe having the arctic isles would help, interesting how they don't help for the world events, but do for leaderboards, seems unreasonable.

Yes doable if you don't have a life outside dragon story and collect every 3 hrs from quest, collect food as soon as ready etc. most of us work, or have other things to do. I try but never seem to get above 250/day. This game is like a full time job. It's getting to me more of a chore than a fun pastime. Just sayin'

jaymieb2
02-02-17, 01:45 AM
Suggestion - Triple Points for the last 24 hours!!! Please...? :-D

ccorbett4
02-02-17, 01:33 PM
Think we can get the community prize dragon? Still seems like we're a ways away. I got the last individual prize this morning but I'm still plugging away, for what little help my extra 100 "Red Envelopes" might do to help here...

geckoos
02-02-17, 02:10 PM
Hopefully we'll reach the last community prize im at 4400+ atm and really want the last one :/

DR0G0N
02-02-17, 03:21 PM
Looks like no Rooster for me this year. With 2 nests, 2 temples, and 7 farms. Need about 600 red envelopes with 20 hours to go.

I'm not sure what happen...I guess I ran out of things to evolve since it was right after leaderboard. O'well I guess I'll have to wait next year for it.

Trying for Passion and Lunar Horse atm. Let me know if you guys found a good combo for Lunar Horse, please...

Good Luck to peeps who's still trying for the Rooster~

jjblueyes
02-02-17, 08:52 PM
Yes doable if you don't have a life outside dragon story and collect every 3 hrs from quest, collect food as soon as ready etc. most of us work, or have other things to do. I try but never seem to get above 250/day. This game is like a full time job. It's getting to me more of a chore than a fun pastime. Just sayin'

Yep. It never used to be this way. I'm not stressing over what I can't get anymore. I can't place any dragons with my habitats maxed out for now and I only get one per level- at the higher levels it takes a super long time. Especially when I no place to but dragons- can't play much- keeps my leveling abitily low. No fun.

ksbmommy
02-03-17, 03:38 AM
I'm 448 points shirt with 8 hours or so to go. Trying to decide the level of effort and gold I want to spend on this one.

I have 35 points ready with farms soon, 16 on nests, 12 envelopes through quests and 5 more on the decoration. That's 58 points with no gold and will still give me 3 hours left.

I have a 44 dragon on evolution, will cost 2 gold to speed up before it ends. I have 3 of the 5x farm boosts left, I could use throse on rushrooms so throw in another 35. That puts me at about 315 short - trying to decide if the last individual prize is worth the effort this morning and/or about 160 in gold??? It's too early on a Friday to think :-)

Jackiesq
02-03-17, 03:53 AM
I'm 448 points shirt with 8 hours or so to go. Trying to decide the level of effort and gold I want to spend on this one.

I have 35 points ready with farms soon, 16 on nests, 12 envelopes through quests and 5 more on the decoration. That's 58 points with no gold and will still give me 3 hours left.

I have a 44 dragon on evolution, will cost 2 gold to speed up before it ends. I have 3 of the 5x farm boosts left, I could use throse on rushrooms so throw in another 35. That puts me at about 315 short - trying to decide if the last individual prize is worth the effort this morning and/or about 160 in gold??? It's too early on a Friday to think :-)

If you're a collector, or a Lunar lover, or if you're born in the year of the Rooster, maybe it is...
But... It's only an unbreedable fighter with Yellow and Red! It gives only (useless) coins!
So I think you can better use the 160 gold for something better. A new gemcombo with a Minortype in another event. Or save the gold to buy another nest/temple to help you with future events.

snowyhillz
02-03-17, 04:04 AM

Not sure if I would spend 160 gold on it but if you want to spend gold a cheaper way would be to speed up the quest ...3 gold for 6 points

I'm going to be only about 40 points short

katali119
02-03-17, 04:30 AM
We're a lot closer to the community prize than I thought we were going to get!

flemlion
02-03-17, 08:10 AM

The previous event was a lot better and the last prise was attainable.

This does indeed seems so much less fun and less attainable.
Like other I wondered if they would 'fix it' again with double/triple points near the end, but that doesn't seem to be the case, sad :(

saghaven
02-03-17, 09:12 AM
Yeah, it's unlikely I'm going to get the last individual prize. It's only an unbreedable red/yellow so while pretty I won't fret. I'm still about 300 envelopes short.

geckoos
02-03-17, 10:55 AM
Looks like we'll get the last prize ! :D

amerirish
02-03-17, 11:15 AM
WHOOT! We got Lunar Luck!! Nicely done DS peeps :cool:

katali119
02-03-17, 11:26 AM
Woo!

ccorbett4
02-03-17, 11:27 AM
WHOOT! We got Lunar Luck!! Nicely done DS peeps :cool:

Awesome! Now if only I could breed Lunar Horse...nothing but Firestorm fails for days. Though now it's not even in the market so looks like it's not going to happen...

Florr06
02-03-17, 11:43 AM
I'm so dumb... was busy with other things and lost track of time, so didn't get the final dragon even though I had all my nests, farms and evo temple ready to go :(