PDA

View Full Version : KOI Pond decoration shrank!

almondgold
01-22-17, 11:12 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the Koi Pond has shrank? (first prize item from takeaway box)
I bought it with 70gems in 2014 I think and it is the main decoration for my restaurant.

Can someone check yours and let me know if im going crazy?!

Im cheesed off since there is this huge empty space around it. I have stored it and put it out again. Still tiny... Omg.. Devastated

[S8] Regina
01-23-17, 12:19 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Koi Pond has shrank? (first prize item from takeaway box)
I bought it with 70gems in 2014 I think and it is the main decoration for my restaurant.

Can someone check yours and let me know if im going crazy?!

Im cheesed off since there is this huge empty space around it. I have stored it and put it out again. Still tiny... Omg.. Devastated

Sorry about that! I don't have an extra space around my Koi Pond. Can you please take a screenshot of the item in design mode, so that we can see the outline?

almondgold
01-23-17, 01:07 PM

Here you go.. It used to take up the entire space.

[S8] Regina
01-23-17, 02:53 PM

Here you go.. It used to take up the entire space.

I have discussed this with the team, and that in the past, there was an issue with this Koi Pond asset (3x4) that the game does not support. While it was a 3x4, it took up a 4x4 space. Any item that was placed in the 1x4 space would overlap with the Koi Pond.

In order to fix it, the asset is now a 3x3.

jmterao
01-23-17, 09:47 PM
Why not make it 4x4? This is a focal point in my restaurant all summer and now it looks like a toy. NOT a good change. Considering how much this cost to obtain can you ask the team to make it bigger??

almondgold
01-23-17, 10:23 PM
Yes, it looks awful now. 4 by 4 will be bettet and it looks absolutely ridiculous.

3squares
01-24-17, 10:41 AM
Why not make it 4x4? This is a focal point in my restaurant all summer and now it looks like a toy. NOT a good change. Considering how much this cost to obtain can you ask the team to make it bigger??

Yes, please! This is an expensive asset. Appropriate for it to be 4x4 - it's what we purchased.

jmterao
01-24-17, 04:44 PM
Regina;1389348']I have discussed this with the team, and that in the past, there was an issue with this Koi Pond asset (3x4) that the game does not support. While it was a 3x4, it took up a 4x4 space. Any item that was placed in the 1x4 space would overlap with the Koi Pond.

I never had this problem and I use lots of plants and one square items around it! And truthfully if it WAS a problem I would rather deal with it than have the pond 3x3!

Or how about give us a choice? Like keep it or get rid of it and give us our gems back,

bobbyrae
01-24-17, 05:08 PM
wow. Lol. So instead of making it bigger or leaving it as it was, the team decided to quietly make it smaller? Did they think no one would notice? :confused:

ievuxia
01-25-17, 06:52 AM
And I thought my eyes were fooling me! Totally agree with all you guys saying that it should've been enlarged, not shrank! It was such a beautiful piece and now it really IS too small :(

awesomejujubeans
01-31-17, 04:12 AM
They probably shrank it because enlarging it would glitch with any items that were overlapping the original design. i.e. you could have lost a decoration.

jmterao
02-13-17, 06:33 AM
Ok so how do I get my money back? This was the TOP prize in a box and I spent a lot of REAL money to win it. Now it's not even worth having and it is certainly NOT the caliber of the top prize. It's now comperable to the swan pond in the current goal. A tier one prize that is out of scale and looks more like a duck puddle.

So what's next? The blossom pool? The explanation makes no sense as there are other items in the game that are not perfectly square nor did I ever notice a problem with decorations overlapping it.

I am serious, how do I get my money back that I spent in that box?

KingdomMagicD
02-13-17, 09:09 AM
You've gotta be kidding me!! The koi pond is a major piece for when I set up an oriental theme restaurant or a summer theme. The bridge is/was a perfect way to merge two scenes together!! I too paid real money for that!!! now it just looks like one of those table top water fountains!! It seems like a HUGE backslide to the kiddy look again. Kids play with toys and really aren't bothered with design and certainly wouldn't pay real money to obtain it!! Just please put back the way it was for everyone who already has it!!

KingdomMagicD
02-13-17, 09:21 AM
Regina;1389348']I have discussed this with the team, and that in the past, there was an issue with this Koi Pond asset (3x4) that the game does not support. While it was a 3x4, it took up a 4x4 space. Any item that was placed in the 1x4 space would overlap with the Koi Pond.

Those of us who bought it as a 3x4, have come up with ways to make it work. I myself put it on top of water floor tiles with path floor tiles leading from the bridge. I put the lily pad tables around and it looks just fine!! If it's not broke don't fix it! Mine wasn't broken!!

[S8] Regina
02-13-17, 11:48 AM
Ok so how do I get my money back? This was the TOP prize in a box and I spent a lot of REAL money to win it. Now it's not even worth having and it is certainly NOT the caliber of the top prize. It's now comperable to the swan pond in the current goal. A tier one prize that is out of scale and looks more like a duck puddle.

So what's next? The blossom pool? The explanation makes no sense as there are other items in the game that are not perfectly square nor did I ever notice a problem with decorations overlapping it.

I am serious, how do I get my money back that I spent in that box?

Please submit a ticket by filling out this form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and PM me your ticket number. Thank you!

iPhoenixHero
02-21-17, 02:56 PM
Why can't you just make the asset for the koi pond 4x4, so it stays the same size and everyone is happy

iPhoenixHero
02-21-17, 02:57 PM
I bought the takeout of because I thought the koi pond was bigger. Also, then the picture for the koi pond in the master box list needs to be fixed

CassieJo84
02-21-17, 03:48 PM
Regina;1396349']Please submit a ticket by filling out this form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and PM me your ticket number. Thank you!

I just submitted a form. I'm unable to PM you my ticket # due to your messages being full.

kooky panda
02-21-17, 03:51 PM
I just submitted a form. I'm unable to PM you my ticket # due to your messages being full.

Cassie, please send me your ticket number by PM and I will forward it over.

CassieJo84
02-21-17, 03:52 PM
Cassie, please send me your ticket number by PM and I will forward it over.

Will do, thanks!

deekathleen
02-21-17, 04:58 PM
I think they should refund us some gems, not fair to change the size.

alleycakez
02-21-17, 07:59 PM
I noticed this a few months ago. After spending REAL money to get the piece I wanted the most, I was so disappointed to find it smaller in my outdoor area.

DragonWished
02-22-17, 03:10 AM
Why can't you just make the asset for the koi pond 4x4, so it stays the same size and everyone is happy

I just checked my display and it's 4x4. :)

sandylbaum
02-22-17, 08:32 AM

That's odd, mine is 3x3:(

KingdomMagicD
02-22-17, 08:38 AM

I checked mine too.... It still seems smaller but at least it's not a table top fountain anymore!! This will work :) Thank you for making it bigger!!

iPhoenixHero
02-22-17, 09:44 AM
Can you share a screenshot of your koi pond in its 4x4 state, because I just checked and it's still 3x3 for me

DragonWished
02-22-17, 12:04 PM
For reasons that I don't understand, the forum software returns failure messages whenever I try to post a photo. It's been that way for a few months.

If kooky or another mod would like to photo and post, I have no objection.

Can you share a screenshot of your koi pond in its 4x4 state, because I just checked and it's still 3x3 for me

iPhoenixHero
02-22-17, 05:21 PM
Could we get any sort of response by someone on why some people have 4x4 koi ponds and some have 3x3 ones

Meowmeowbeans
02-22-17, 07:02 PM
The Koi Pond should be on a 3X3 square. If that isn't the case, can anyone provide us with a screenshot showing the 4X4 size?

If there are any users who no longer want this item because of the size change, feel free to submit a ticket by filling out this form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).

pixiegamer
02-22-17, 07:12 PM
The Koi Pond should be on a 3X3 square. If that isn't the case, can anyone provide us with a screenshot showing the 4X4 size?

If there are any users who no longer want this item because of the size change, feel free to submit a ticket by filling out this form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).

Is there any possibility it might be resized to 4x4 or 4x3 as it was previously? Evidently, the shrinking has caused a lot of people to become dissatisfied.

iPhoenixHero
02-22-17, 07:39 PM
Is there any possibility it might be resized to 4x4 or 4x3 as it was previously? Evidently, the shrinking has caused a lot of people to become dissatisfied.
I agree, i am dissatisfied with the koi ponds size, but i still like the item. Why cant you bring the asset back to 4x4, so people that bought it originally will have it the same way. I feel like changing an items size without warning is unwarranted and the change should be reverted.

almondgold
03-06-17, 05:28 AM
Yes. Make it bigger. I have stopped playing because I HATE the way it looks in my restaurant.

It isnt just about that 70gems we spent on it
How about the countless 24 gems we spent opening the box over the course of a YEAR for me trying to get it, and NOT getting it until it was offered as a once off?

This reeks and has taken the joy of it.

almondgold
03-06-17, 05:29 AM
As many has pointed out, we DONT CARE or even NOTICED that lame 1 space that prompted the change.

Set it back as it was!!!!! :mad: