PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story Winter: (and other S8 games) frustrations.

wagygirl
01-18-17, 06:59 AM
I used to play this game on facebook years ago, and in winter we had snow on the ground in winter.
The barracks only cost coins, because I had 2 barracks and no credit cards.
There was a lot more room to move and build then, everything wasn't smashed together (level 20).
The only reason to expand was to search for things in the goals.
I had a huge kingdom and only had use of the library computer once a day.

Absolutely loved this game until it stopped loading back then.
Now the app crashes all the time, as do: Dragon Story, Fantasy Forest, and most S8 games. Do they even TRY to fix this. Seems they are soooo involved with creating things to do and inside games and contests that they never FIX them. If the animals did not move, the games would be more stable. It's the constant extreme animal movement that causes the games to crash. I KNOW the games wouldn't be as cute, but I would rather non-moving animals wirh the ability to play without constant crashing and item or prize loss. FFS always seem to crash when I get 3 runes in the cave with 1 bomb. Open game back up and they don't exist. DS and FFS always crash when I win an animal or something special hatches. Something different hatches when I reload the app.

Grrr. Love S8 games and spend a lot of real money in them (FFS, FS, DS, CS, RS, and 2 Bingos), but the apps keep crashing even the newest versions. The apps that crash most are DS & FFS because of all the moving animals.Now CS is crashing because of the livestock and other animals. I would quit from frustration, but I have spent too much real money to quit now.
I have a 10 inch tablet with android 5.1. And I keep my memory cleared constantly.

SpiritWind00
01-18-17, 10:48 PM
You need to limit what's on your board. If you store as much as possible your game will open. There's an Information Nugget about older devices etc you can read if you want to.

wagygirl
01-19-17, 04:00 AM
I have a brand new tablet. Android 5.1 and it has all it's updates and an extra storage card.
Can't store living animals in DS & FFS, and need them on CS.

Is there any other suggestions that might help?

SpiritWind00
01-19-17, 04:09 AM
Bugs post with info on crashing and logging in issues: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92436-Game-Crashing-Can-t-log-in-Please-read-and-try-these-tips-before-posting

Have you tried all the suggestions in this thread?? Maybe someone with an android device can post advice for you ;)

Sometimes wifi traffic can affect your ability to get online. Are you force closing background apps? Turning your device off regularly? The linked thread has other things to try which can be used on any S8 game.

What device do you have?

wagygirl
01-22-17, 12:15 AM
I will check and try.
Let you know how it goes.

Although, yesterday I was facing a power outage. So I turned off all unnecessary apps. DS & FFS crashed when they were opening, even then.:confused:

wagygirl
01-27-17, 05:35 PM
No help. Other complaints about the same issue in Google Play.
Most complaints are for FFS, DS and some for CS.

My opinion: The more things that move in a game causes problems.
I have had FFS crash while opening! Taking sevetal tries.
I have nothing running in the background except for what is necessary to run my tablet.
I even have all notifications turned off.

Was the same on a computer with flash. Too much going on & the games would freeze the browser.

Thx all.

janddolphins
02-01-17, 03:44 PM
Just my own stupid winter moment in the game. I'm never going to finish welcoming the ice queen. First time around I accidentally made a snowwoman not man, so I had it in my head not a snowwoman. Saved up again and accidentally clicked on snowwoman AGAIN! Stupid moment for me lol. Ok next time I promise snowman! 3 times would just be insane.