PDA

View Full Version : Transferring your game to a new device and more...

IsisGarden
01-18-17, 05:42 AM
Transferring your game to a new device | playing on multiple devices | Reinstalling your game

Instructions and pictures of the main thread in this link (but easier to follow here!) (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955)

If you play on android or IOS you can transfer your storm ID and games over to your new device.

Decision Point: you get a new device.... do you want a second game or do you just want to transfer your original game to the new device?

If you want a brand new game and your original game, you can log in and out of both games using the Account Settings feature in games that have it, like Bakery, RS2 etc. Create a new ID and password first on the new device.

Transferring your game yourself is easy if you know your password (same one as you use to login to the forum). Please follow these instructions:
OPTION 1:
1) download a game with a login feature, (eg Bakery Story).
2) if using Bakery... play for a minute until you see the Storm8 blue symbol on the top right hand side. CLICK ON IT.
3. click Account Settings
4. click on Log in to Another Account
5. enter your Storm8 ID and password
6. it will give you a list of ALL of your Storm8 games and ask you whether you want to transfer them all..... SAY YES/PROCEED!
7. All your games under that Storm ID will now be recognized on your new device. You just need to download the Apps again.

OPTION 2:
1) download a game with a login feature, (eg Bakery Story).
2) In the lower left corner you'll see "Main". Click on that and then click on "Social"
3) Go to the "Invite Friends" tab. You'll see your Storm ID and then "account settings". Click on "account settings"
4) You'll have the option of "Log in to Another Account". You click on that and just type in your Storm ID and password.
5) All your games under that Storm ID will now be recognized on your new device. You just need to download the Apps again.

If you are trading, selling or giving away your old device, I would advise contacting Support and ask them to remove your storm ID and games from that device.

If you have issues transferring yourself, you can contact Support and they can transfer your games.

Reinstalling your game.
Delete and reinstall the game - Press down on the app icon until it jiggles. You can then tap the 'X' in the upper left corner to delete the app from your device. Now go to the App Store (purchased apps/apps not on this device) to reinstall Castle Story. Similar for Android.

Don't be scared about reinstalling..... It's safe and only takes a couple of minutes. It's not like transferring your game as you have to do above; it's much simpler.

Why reinstall? Well, it fixes nasty glitches and display issues. It also makes sure you've the latest version of the game. If you need help, please ask! ;)

emag01
01-30-17, 06:24 PM
I have my id and password and I've read all the instructions. What I don't understand is which device to start from in doing the transfer. I choose to keep my Fashion Story shop & game. So I think I understand that I need to D/L the FS game ap to the new device. Then which device do I use to go to BS and tell it to transfer. I already play BS (which I will also need to transfer), so that's already on my "old" device. Thanks.

IsisGarden
01-31-17, 10:41 AM
I have my id and password and I've read all the instructions. What I don't understand is which device to start from in doing the transfer. I choose to keep my Fashion Story shop & game. So I think I understand that I need to D/L the FS game ap to the new device. Then which device do I use to go to BS and tell it to transfer. I already play BS (which I will also need to transfer), so that's already on my "old" device. Thanks.

You go to the new device to transfer. Go to Bakery Story first, then login.

SJ1528
01-31-17, 12:14 PM
Tengo 2 juegos fashion story en 2 dispositivos diferentes y deceo tener los 2 juegos en un solo dispositivo, se puede hacer eso.

AuntyRose32
01-31-17, 12:26 PM
Hi, I hope I'm posting in the correct thread?! I've been away from the forums for quite awhile, so I feel like a complete newbie.

Anyway, the problem I'm having is - getting to my old restaurant. I just transferred over to new device (iPad) I used Bakery Story to do the transfer. It all went fine and I have my old level 99 bakery back. I thought once I successfully transferred one game that all my games connected to that ID and password would transfer over? When I open Restaurant Story it's a new restaurant, not my level 99 restaurant. I'm hoping it hasn't been lost but I don't really see how it could have been if my bakery is there.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Any mods around to help me with this?

IsisGarden
01-31-17, 08:36 PM
Hi, I hope I'm posting in the correct thread?! I've been away from the forums for quite awhile, so I feel like a complete newbie.

Anyway, the problem I'm having is - getting to my old restaurant. I just transferred over to new device (iPad) I used Bakery Story to do the transfer. It all went fine and I have my old level 99 bakery back. I thought once I successfully transferred one game that all my games connected to that ID and password would transfer over? When I open Restaurant Story it's a new restaurant, not my level 99 restaurant. I'm hoping it hasn't been lost but I don't really see how it could have been if my bakery is there.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Any mods around to help me with this?

Can you submit a ticket to support? Let's start there.

willy123456789123
01-31-17, 11:36 PM
Need help tranfering my game but i dont have the level i had or my old storm 8 id but i have my old device and the email adress. And it won let me sign in to the storm 8 suport there is no change your password

foolafoola
02-16-17, 05:33 PM
Have tried following each of your options but not working. In option 1 i cannot find account settings when i click on the storm8 icon, it just shows a list of games to install and thats it. For option 2,when i click on invite friends it goes to storm8 id. When i enter my id it says that its already been taken and also there is no option to click on account settings. Wondering if anyone can help and send me in the right direction:confused:360033600436005

IsisGarden
02-16-17, 08:41 PM
Have tried following each of your options but not working. In option 1 i cannot find account settings when i click on the storm8 icon, it just shows a list of games to install and thats it. For option 2,when i click on invite friends it goes to storm8 id. When i enter my id it says that its already been taken and also there is no option to click on account settings. Wondering if anyone can help and send me in the right direction:confused:360033600436005

You'll need to download Bakery Story, then log in with you account info. Fashion Story doesn't have the login feature.

IsisGarden
02-16-17, 08:42 PM
Need help tranfering my game but i dont have the level i had or my old storm 8 id but i have my old device and the email adress. And it won let me sign in to the storm 8 suport there is no change your password

Do you have a log I for the old device?

foolafoola
02-17-17, 07:59 AM
Thanks a million for your help, I really appreciated it. Your advice worked

mochacreammm
02-24-17, 09:27 AM
Hi there! I'm trying to transfer my bakery story 2 from my old iphone to my new iphone. I'm tried both the methods - the first one doesn't work because once I clicked on the blue storm8 icon, I get the whole list of games to install but no "account setting". Second method doesn't work either cus there is no invite friends function? I've tried sending in a ticket for support but there is no reply :( I need some help here please, I don't wanna restart from level 1 😔

IsisGarden
02-26-17, 03:14 PM
Hi there! I'm trying to transfer my bakery story 2 from my old iphone to my new iphone. I'm tried both the methods - the first one doesn't work because once I clicked on the blue storm8 icon, I get the whole list of games to install but no "account setting". Second method doesn't work either cus there is no invite friends function? I've tried sending in a ticket for support but there is no reply :( I need some help here please, I don't wanna restart from level 1 

Download Bakery Story (the original) and log into that game with your ID first, then go to BS2. That should work if you have the correct ID and password.

xoxoBabyGirl
05-05-17, 04:58 AM
I've read the instructions but none of them apply to transferring fashion story, who can I contact for my games to be transferred? Thanks :)

kooky panda
05-05-17, 08:23 AM
I've read the instructions but none of them apply to transferring fashion story, who can I contact for my games to be transferred? Thanks :)
I responded on your other post.
For the login feature, use one the games listed in post 1 of the thread. Once you transfer one game all games under your device will also transfer.
You may have to restart your fashion game to see the transfer.

xoxoBabyGirl
05-05-17, 04:09 PM
Transfer completed! Thanks Team lava for doing it so quickly! :)

kooky panda
05-06-17, 01:46 PM
Transfer completed! Thanks Team lava for doing it so quickly! :)
Wonderful!!! I am so glad support got to you quickly! :)

csaulding
04-08-18, 06:10 PM
I?m sorry to be so dense. I may have to get support to transfer my game. I am playing Castle Story so logging in isn?t really a necessity. I have a userid and I?ve tried adding that in the setting in my new device and it says that it?s in use. Do you have any other suggestions specifically for castle story? Thank you so much.

IsisGarden
04-09-18, 08:05 AM
I?m sorry to be so dense. I may have to get support to transfer my game. I am playing Castle Story so logging in isn?t really a necessity. I have a userid and I?ve tried adding that in the setting in my new device and it says that it?s in use. Do you have any other suggestions specifically for castle story? Thank you so much.

I don't know anything about Castle Story. Try going to this forum and looking around.

https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?210-Castle-Story

ShopEmilia
07-21-20, 05:10 AM
So because of Covid and having loads more time on my hands I decided to re-download Fashion Story. I?ve on a different device than I was then. It?s been at least two years since I?ve played. Any idea how to get my account back?

ShopEmilia
07-21-20, 05:17 AM
When I try the log into account feature on Bakery Story and try to reset my password it’s saying it doesn’t recognize my email address. It’s the same one I’ve always used though. I can’t remember the password so I think I’m stuck.

LilGreeneyes
07-21-20, 03:39 PM
When I try the log into account feature on Bakery Story and try to reset my password it’s saying it doesn’t recognize my email address. It’s the same one I’ve always used though. I can’t remember the password so I think I’m stuck.

You have to try with the same ID and the same password that you used to enter this forum.

Rage20744
01-21-22, 05:23 AM
That doesn?t work for me some of my games are not available on iOS and it?s my favorite. You would think if you pay over 1000 for a phone you should be able to download and play what you want

n6omiP
02-19-22, 02:38 AM
I made the mistake of supporting S8 and buying the starter pack. Now my gem videos are gone forever. I am heart broken and I am considering starting over on a new phone. If I back up my phone with everything on it and sync to my new one, will it transfer my BS too? I do NOT want that to happen as I would want a new account.

Paul__
02-19-22, 03:39 PM
I made the mistake of supporting S8 and buying the starter pack. Now my gem videos are gone forever. I am heart broken and I am considering starting over on a new phone. If I back up my phone with everything on it and sync to my new one, will it transfer my BS too? I do NOT want that to happen as I would want a new account.

Unfortunately, both Bakery Story and Fashion Story are linked to your S8 ID, meaning that if you decide to start a new account, you will have to restart on both games. If you want to transfer your Bakery Story game, you will also have to transfer Fashion Story.

If you have any questions about your account, please contact support in my signature.

KadeeDid
11-29-23, 09:31 PM
Unfortunately, both Bakery Story and Fashion Story are linked to your S8 ID, meaning that if you decide to start a new account, you will have to restart on both games. If you want to transfer your Bakery Story game, you will also have to transfer Fashion Story.

If you have any questions about your account, please contact support in my signature.

Fashion Story is no longer supported. I had contacted them as my game will not log in. They suggested that I check these forums.

The game is connected to my game centre login as are all my other Storm8 games. It just stays at the first screen. I had not played it for some time but a neighbour from Bakery Story and Restaurant Story invited me to be a neighbour on FS.

SpiritWind00
11-30-23, 12:39 PM
https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/articles/213516903
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955
You can logout of Game Center or Google Play to access your local progress (different from cloud progress)
have a read through the 2 linked threads and try those options. It might depend on your device type as well.

KadeeDid
11-30-23, 07:59 PM
https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/articles/213516903
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955
You can logout of Game Center or Google Play to access your local progress (different from cloud progress)
have a read through the 2 linked threads and try those options. It might depend on your device type as well.

Is there a forum area to look for solutions when Fashion Story will not load? I get as far as the image with the Blonde girl with black dress. It will go no further. There are no updates available. I tried deleting the game and downloading again. I lad logged into the game centre with Bakery Story and verified that Fashion Story is paired with the game centre. I contacted Storm8 and was given a link to this forum which I had already checked. They suggested I inquire if any player on this forum could assist me. I am quite aware of how to login and connect to the game centre to restore games if the connection is lost.