PDA

View Full Version : A Knightly Order - Leaderboard Event!

[S8] Regina
01-17-17, 10:37 AM
A KNIGHTLY ORDER LEADERBOARD EVENT!

Requires level 17+ | Minimum game version is iOS 2.4+/Android 2.3.1.6+

https://imgur.com/jQLttiq.png

islanddoll1
01-17-17, 11:54 AM
I'm not a fan of the milestone dragon prizes but I do love the 1st place dragon. I don't think I'll get close to getting her, may stop at the habitat.

lenasdinner
01-17-17, 11:58 AM
Taking break from this.not in to prize dragons and allready have King and White witch.not worth to go and spend only for Knight dragon.
See you on the next event ......

amerirish
01-17-17, 12:01 PM
Milestone Prizes:

Spring Meadow Habitat: 1,100 points
Level: 20
Dragon Capacity: 3
Coin Capacity: 7,200 Coin
Sells for: 5,200 Coin
Build Time: None
Exp Gained: 2,000 Exp

King Dragon: 2,600 points
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Royal Yellow Red
Habitat: Throne Room, Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 23
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 1,740 Exp

White Witch Dragon: 5,400 points
Type: White Blue
Habitat: White Meadow, Blue Lagoon
Available at: Level 17
Breeding & Incubation: 14 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

Knight Dragon: 6,400 points
Rarity: Rare
Type: Blue Red
Habitat: Blue Lagoon, Red Rocks
Available at: 10
Incubation: 20 hours
Exp Gained: 435 Exp

Harmony Knight Dragon: 7,500 points
Type: Champion Green
Habitat: Champion Ruins, Green Grove
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Incubation: 18 hours

piggene
01-17-17, 12:02 PM
30 minutes..........this leaderboard event began 30 minutes ago and someone on my board has over 2,000 points. I feel like I'm doing great and have only 150. Haha! Good match up!!

leo2010leo
01-17-17, 12:09 PM
Oh. King dragon. Royal, right? Nice, I hade none of them yet. Must see to building a habitat for that one in advance...

amerirish
01-17-17, 12:09 PM
Grand Prize for 1st & 2nd Places:

Gentle Knight Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Champion Pink White
Habitat: Champion Ruins, Pink Prairie, White Meadow
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold
Incubation: 12 hours

amerirish
01-17-17, 12:15 PM
30 minutes..........this leaderboard event began 30 minutes ago and someone on my board has over 2,000 points. I feel like I'm doing great and have only 150. Haha! Good match up!!

I just want to point something out; most people have things planned ahead and/or use a boost out of the gate just because they have so many things ready at one time. I had stored up over a million apples in anticipation of feeding some of my Ultras when the event started. I also had an Ultra egg ready on my Arctic Isles. I don't plan on using any boosts in the next 10 days or to buy the special statues so even though I'm over 2k right now, I highly doubt I'll even come close at the end. I have found that there's no guarantee of your placing until the very end of the event. My only goal in these things is to win the final milestone :)

ksbmommy
01-17-17, 12:21 PM
I just want to point something out; most people have things planned ahead and/or use a boost out of the gate just because they have so many things ready at one time. I had stored up over a million apples in anticipation of feeding some of my Ultras when the event started. I also had an Ultra egg ready on my Arctic Isles. I don't plan on using any boosts in the next 10 days or to buy the special statues so even though I'm over 2k right now, I highly doubt I'll even come close at the end. I have found that there's no guarantee of your placing until the very end of the event. My only goal in these things is to win the final milestone :)

That's usually me as well. Boost early and have everything ready, then sit back and relax. I like the final prize but after winning the last LB I have a really bad feeling about my grouping. We will see how this plays out.

katali119
01-17-17, 12:23 PM
OMG! Over a million apples?! I worked so hard to get the 170,175 I needed for the tales lol.

adellis
01-17-17, 12:23 PM
Am I seeing this correctly that we do NOT get the smaller point-earning statue as one of the first prizes this time?
Can someone confirm? Or am I just not seeing it bc of all the junk (obsolete items) in my storage?

piggene
01-17-17, 12:26 PM

Right, I understand that. And, maybe things will shake out. I have things planned out, as well. I only have 2 nests, but each had eggs ready to hatch. Only one roost, but the breeding was complete. Arctic isles had 12 hour evolution completed, a super rare egg ready to hatch, and a breeding complete. I have plenty of apples, but don't plan to use the amount that it would take me to get anywhere near 2,000. Even with a 2x boost....that's insane. I suppose I don't plan well enough. Any way you look at it, I have no intentions of finishing in the top 50% of my leaderboard this time. I'll work towards the milestones. Meh.

I was making a comment on the grouping of individuals more than anything. Nothing against anyone who spends real money on the game or uses gold like it's sand on a beach. I was just saying that I wouldn't be giving these folks anything to compete against.

belarica
01-17-17, 12:26 PM
Am I seeing this correctly that we do NOT get the smaller point-earning statue as one of the first prizes this time?
Can someone confirm? Or am I just not seeing it bc of all the junk (obsolete items) in my storage?

We never get point earning decoration for leaderboard, only world events.

lenasdinner
01-17-17, 12:30 PM
That's usually me as well. Boost early and have everything ready, then sit back and relax. I like the final prize but after winning the last LB I have a really bad feeling about my grouping. We will see how this plays out.

Havent see right a way that are champs in the game,but Im in the group where first place player allready have 6300 points and boostin,second 2200 boostin.I was never in this kind of group so I dont have a chance even if I want to win this prizes.

marathon2615
01-17-17, 12:36 PM
Well there's not a chance I'm gonna get the 1st prize dragon. Hopefully make it to the last milestone prize but I'm not busting my butt for it by any means. Good luck guys and gals.

starship412
01-17-17, 12:43 PM
Good, I can skip this as I have all the milestone dragons except the last one. My goal is 2600 points because I wouldn't mind another King Dragon. As usual they put me in a bad group with no chance of winning 1st or 2nd place. I would like the two champs at the end but I'm not trying and I gave up from the onset. Thanks Storm8. Good luck to those trying...

katali119
01-17-17, 12:45 PM
I'm confused, I assumed the groups were done automatically using whatever game logic was coded in. Are you telling me that instead someone sits down with the list of players and manually allocates them a group?! Makes doing seating charts as a teacher sound like a breeze!

starship412
01-17-17, 12:46 PM
Well there's not a chance I'm gonna get the 1st prize dragon. Hopefully make it to the last milestone prize but I'm not busting my butt for it by any means. Good luck guys and gals.

I know how you feel marathon. When is enough, enough. Good luck to you!

amerirish
01-17-17, 12:51 PM
Honestly, I think I had 1.3 mil at some point and then fed Ignis for the event so had around 1.1 going into this LB event. I have been hoarding apples for several weeks. The only crops I ever plant during non-event times (so whenever points don't count for crops) are Rushrooms (1 hour) and Diamondates (5 hour). IMO they have the best possible yield for the time to harvest. I constantly plant on all 7 farms.

amerirish
01-17-17, 12:53 PM
We never get point earning decoration for leaderboard, only world events.

That's not correct. Right now you can buy the Winner's Banner for 325 gold and get 60 LB points every 2.5 hours and/or you can buy a Heraldy for 145 gold and receive 20 LB points every 2.5 hours.

amerirish
01-17-17, 12:56 PM
Right, I understand that. And, maybe things will shake out. I have things planned out, as well. I only have 2 nests, but each had eggs ready to hatch. Only one roost, but the breeding was complete. Arctic isles had 12 hour evolution completed, a super rare egg ready to hatch, and a breeding complete. I have plenty of apples, but don't plan to use the amount that it would take me to get anywhere near 2,000. Even with a 2x boost....that's insane. I suppose I don't plan well enough. Any way you look at it, I have no intentions of finishing in the top 50% of my leaderboard this time. I'll work towards the milestones. Meh.

I was making a comment on the grouping of individuals more than anything. Nothing against anyone who spends real money on the game or uses gold like it's sand on a beach. I was just saying that I wouldn't be giving these folks anything to compete against.

piggene; I don't want us to get off on the wrong foot :) I was just responding to your comment with another point of view. Also, to let others know that not everyone who starts out strong will continue at the same pace. Believe me, I know there are folks who must spend tons and tons of gold on these events, and I'm sure not one of them either :D

piggene
01-17-17, 01:03 PM
I'm confused, I assumed the groups were done automatically using whatever game logic was coded in. Are you telling me that instead someone sits down with the list of players and manually allocates them a group?! Makes doing seating charts as a teacher sound like a breeze!

You're right, there is a code that works to group players together that should have relatively similar chances of earning leaderboard points. I'm not sure exactly what criteria are used to make these groups. I imagine player level, number of nests/breeding roosts/evo temples, wins in previous leaderboard events, etc.

I was actually mistaken in my first comment - my high points #1 on my board is on my daughter account.....I won the last leaderboard (1st or 2nd place), which may explain my place in that group. :)

ksbmommy
01-17-17, 01:05 PM
Havent see right a way that are champs in the game,but Im in the group where first place player allready have 6300 points and boostin,second 2200 boostin.I was never in this kind of group so I dont have a chance even if I want to win this prizes.

Wow, 6300 already - I was excited to get just over 1700 with my boost. I'm not counting on doing well this time around, I won the last LB so I'm guessing that this one is going to be really competitive. I'm all about the milestones and getting them over with, then letting it play out.

piggene
01-17-17, 01:09 PM
piggene; I don't want us to get off on the wrong foot :) I was just responding to your comment with another point of view. Also, to let others know that not everyone who starts out strong will continue at the same pace. Believe me, I know there are folks who must spend tons and tons of gold on these events, and I'm sure not one of them either :D

No wrong foot here, of course! I was just further explaining my original comment. :) Also, I'm really glad to know that you can have more than 1 million apples. I got up to around 980k last week and was wondering if there was a limit on apples.

amerirish
01-17-17, 01:13 PM
No wrong foot here, of course! I was just further explaining my original comment. :) Also, I'm really glad to know that you can have more than 1 million apples. I got up to around 980k last week and was wondering if there was a limit on apples.

Oh yay, happy to help with that info :D I must warn though that it's bittersweet to have all that food and then go down to 79k, it's a bit sickening, lol. However, I now have a fully evolved Valiant & Glasswing :)

ksbmommy
01-17-17, 01:16 PM
Oh yay, happy to help with that info :D I must warn though that it's bittersweet to have all that food and then go down to 79k, it's a bit sickening, lol. However, I now have a fully evolved Valiant & Glasswing :)

Can't even imagine. I got a knot in my stomach going from 170k down to 4 (yes, 4). I wait until LB's to feed anything up other than for Tales, so I need to get planting again. I'll need to start planting upgrapes while watching movies at night.

katali119
01-17-17, 01:20 PM
You're right, there is a code that works to group players together that should have relatively similar chances of earning leaderboard points. I'm not sure exactly what criteria are used to make these groups. I imagine player level, number of nests/breeding roosts/evo temples, wins in previous leaderboard events, etc.

I was actually mistaken in my first comment - my high points #1 on my board is on my daughter account.....I won the last leaderboard (1st or 2nd place), which may explain my place in that group. :)

I'm not sure about those things, when I first got to join in with these I had people 50 levels above me and multiple dens and nests when I didn't have. Although maybe that's just to inspire new players to get those things! I would be interested to know the logic behind it. I did win the first one I could do, despite having less stuff than at least some of the other people.

piggene
01-17-17, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure about those things, when I first got to join in with these I had people 50 levels above me and multiple dens and nests when I didn't have. Although maybe that's just to inspire new players to get those things! I would be interested to know the logic behind it. I did win the first one I could do, despite having less stuff than at least some of the other people.

Nice job! Maybe inactivity is factored in there, somehow. I've never written code for a game, but it would be interesting to see the code behind these types of things. As with every code, nothing is perfect. Maybe my placement in that LB group is Storm 8's way of telling me that I'm a cheap hoarder. I already knew that, though ;)

katali119
01-17-17, 01:32 PM
Haha, maybe! I wonder if it would help if they told people the rules for groupings? Maybe it would help people feel less like it was unfair, or even help them get into fairer groups.

amerirish
01-17-17, 01:45 PM
Getting info out of S8 is like getting blood from a stone unfortunately :(

ETA: Our lovely forum moderators are, of course, excepted from this statement! I'm talking about the actual source, not the messengers!

Jackiesq
01-17-17, 02:54 PM

What I see on my accounts;
-We are grouped by level, only 1 break at level 100, so you're in a group with 1-100 or 101-200.
-The moment you first log in the leaderboard makes a difference in what kind of group you get. If I start last day with my 2nd account, I'm in a very lazy group and can feed myself without any troubles to 1st or 2nd to get the grand prizedragon, but it also means I don't get the final individual prizedragon...

jaymieb2
01-17-17, 02:59 PM

And that final milestone is AWESOME! Champion and green hybrid! WOO HOO! I am definitely trying for the final milestone, too!

And congrats on saving a million apples! Lol! Am at 308K, myself. I tend to stock up during Leaderboard evens, and hope to feed Glasswing a bit closer to a 15 and finish with 500K. Well... we will see how it goes. Lol!

belarica
01-17-17, 03:41 PM
That's not correct. Right now you can buy the Winner's Banner for 325 gold and get 60 LB points every 2.5 hours and/or you can buy a Heraldy for 145 gold and receive 20 LB points every 2.5 hours.

I meant they are never given for free.

jaymieb2
01-17-17, 04:00 PM
I think you are grouped by how much time you spend on DS and how much overall gold you spend.

I almost always finish in 4-6th place.

Mine tends to be a pretty fair grouping (fair defined as being with others who play similarly to my gold and spending habits - NOT based on whether I finish in 1st or 2nd place).

I would like to note that by gold spending, I mean overall - not just on Leaderboard events. Some people spend a little here and there, others focus more on one event, like the Leaderboard.

D_Raho
01-17-17, 04:24 PM
Just started up DS today and what do I see?

Removed your photo due to privacy reasons. You can add back your photo after cropping out players' names. Rynetory2

crazy4diamond
01-17-17, 04:51 PM
Just started up DS today and what do I see?

Same thing happened to my group as well. The person in the 1st place has got almost 7000 pts and the 2nd place has only 496 pts... And I am sitting at 186... lol

leo2010leo
01-17-17, 05:15 PM
What I see on my accounts;
-We are grouped by level, only 1 break at level 100, so you're in a group with 1-100 or 101-200.
That can't be a general rule. I'm 95, and the top player in my current group is 108...

laurelsail
01-17-17, 06:07 PM
I'm maxed out on habitats so no reason to even bother participating...

D_Raho
01-17-17, 06:22 PM
Same thing happened to my group as well. The person in the 1st place has got almost 7000 pts and the 2nd place has only 496 pts... And I am sitting at 186... lol
These people are crazy. lol

But hey, their spending makes the game free for me, so who am I to complain?

Clark_Wayne
01-17-17, 06:26 PM

Right ! LOL

FireballFarm
01-17-17, 07:28 PM

And, when in a group with crazy spenders, the other folks get higher points on the wheel.
Spend away, people! I want that last milestone dragon.

PinkBubbles75
01-17-17, 08:13 PM
I like both of the main prize dragons, they're very nice! I'm gonna try my hardest to, at the least the 7500 points needed for the harmony knight (I have the other milestone dragons already which is a first for me). I don't know if I'll be able to make it into the top 2 places by the end of the event but I'll be happy if I just end up getting harmony knight.

crazy4diamond
01-17-17, 08:13 PM
And, when in a group with crazy spenders, the other folks get higher points on the wheel.

Really?! I wasn't aware of that.... I'll keep an eye on my future spins. :rolleyes:

FireballFarm
01-17-17, 10:25 PM
Really?! I wasn't aware of that.... I'll keep an eye on my future spins. :rolleyes:

1st-3rd place usually only ever get only 25-45 point chests, and very occasionally a 71 pointer.
The lower ranks get the higher point chests, especially the people in 5th-10th place. I guess S8 thinks that makes it more competitive? (Or, more likely, it's so the top people think others are gaining on their lead and S8 hopes they'll spend more money to extend their lead.)

The only times I have gotten the last milestone dragon have been when I am in a group of big spenders. I've even come in 1st place a few times but didn't reach the last milestone- because I got all low chests while running in 1st or 2nd place.

There is some randomness to the points, but a clear pattern can be seen if you write down the number of points you get in every chest, plus your rank at the time, over a few LB events.

saghaven
01-17-17, 10:49 PM
The #1 in my group has over 4000 points already. This thing didn't even start 12 hours ago! I'm like really?

Jackiesq
01-18-17, 12:08 AM
That can't be a general rule. I'm 95, and the top player in my current group is 108...
Okay, maybe they changed it from time to time...
Or the break is not at 100, but something around that, why I was thinking it must be 100 (lol, I like the round numbers)...
Or I was simply lucky to get this groups... (My level 200 accounts have never seen some lower then 100. My last account is level 40 or something like that, never someone above 100.)
Also possible in this is the level someone started a leaderboard... If you have enough coins it's very easy to level up multiple levels a day. I did it from level 100 up to level 200 in a month or so. Buying and selling the Fruitful fields (highest exp /coin) with all my coins I didn't need for planting food that day... 😉

katali119
01-18-17, 03:01 AM
Okay, maybe they changed it from time to time...
Or the break is not at 100, but something around that, why I was thinking it must be 100 (lol, I like the round numbers)...
Or I was simply lucky to get this groups... (My level 200 accounts have never seen some lower then 100. My last account is level 40 or something like that, never someone above 100.)
Also possible in this is the level someone started a leaderboard... If you have enough coins it's very easy to level up multiple levels a day. I did it from level 100 up to level 200 in a month or so. Buying and selling the Fruitful fields (highest exp /coin) with all my coins I didn't need for planting food that day... 

I would be really interested in knowing why you wanted to level up so quick, if you don't mind? What benefits are there to being higher levels? (above the 80 mark, lol, I know that one!)

nicsdragonisle
01-18-17, 05:37 AM

I have to respectfully disagree with being placed with similar players. I have 2 games, currently between levels 136 and 145. Both have 2 nests, 1 evolution, and 2 roosts. I've been (and am currently) placed with players at L200 and maxed at nests, temples, gpd's, etc.
I've never placed in the top 2 and the few times I've reached the final milestone, I didn't even qualify for a food prize. I've had more than 8,000 pts and was in 18th place. Typically, I'm at LEAST 20K shy of 1st and 2nd. Once my leader had 50K more. I really wish it WAS based on similar games. The only positive is that I know straight away not to even try to compete. Good luck to everyone who has a shot!!

piggene
01-18-17, 06:24 AM

Valid point!!! Yeah, so at least I have a better shot at the final milestone. Thanks for the positive thought!!

piggene
01-18-17, 06:27 AM
I have to respectfully disagree with being placed with similar players. I have 2 games, currently between levels 136 and 145. Both have 2 nests, 1 evolution, and 2 roosts. I've been (and am currently) placed with players at L200 and maxed at nests, temples, gpd's, etc.
I've never placed in the top 2 and the few times I've reached the final milestone, I didn't even qualify for a food prize. I've had more than 8,000 pts and was in 18th place. Typically, I'm at LEAST 20K shy of 1st and 2nd. Once my leader had 50K more. I really wish it WAS based on similar games. The only positive is that I know straight away not to even try to compete. Good luck to everyone who has a shot!!

Wow, that's insane!!! Well, maybe I could write a code and send it to them for better groupings HAHA!!!!

maryamhjm
01-18-17, 07:34 AM

Yes the same here how is that possible? Even if you feed your dragons a absurd amount it doesn't match up. 2000x500=1000000 food who has that? Especially after the last events my food amount comes to just 60000

maryamhjm
01-18-17, 07:35 AM
So my question is(maybe I am doing something wrong here) how to quickly gain a lot of points?

heavydizzy
01-18-17, 08:32 AM
I cant imagine, the 2 players at the first and the second place in my leaderboard has reach 27000 points (27 thousand) after 1 day only. How they can make it? I only reach nearly 1000 points at 9th place with all my preparation.
How we should play with such the players?

ksbmommy
01-18-17, 08:55 AM
I cant imagine, the 2 players at the first and the second place in my leaderboard has reach 27000 points (27 thousand) after 1 day only. How they can make it? I only reach nearly 1000 points at 9th place with all my preparation.

Wow! That's a lot of points already - I think that is the most I've finished with after 10 days.

@maryamhjm - If you feed your dragons 500k worth of food that is 1,000 points but if they are boosting that is a quick 2,000 points in minutes. Then add in the double points boosts for being prepared in advance you can get a lot of points at the beginning of the event. I'm sitting at just over 3k right now with one boost at the beginning of the game due to being prepared.

So far, lots of boosting in my group, mainly bronze a couple of gold. But the points aren't going crazy yet - first is at about 3500 and second just over 3000 and third with a boost currently on is at 1845 - no one has really broke out yet, but there are gold spenders willing to boost. It's going to be curious how my board plays out this time.

kimandamelia
01-18-17, 09:25 AM
Wow, and I thought I was going to come here and be the only one wondering how some players get thousands of points within hours of the boards starting! I know they are spending gold, but I wonder how much it takes to get over 5,000 points in 4 hours? I can't wrap my head around it.

farmday0123
01-18-17, 10:02 AM
My group first day yesterday the first runner already completed milestone 8k points, i was enter game late ,

maryamhjm
01-18-17, 12:45 PM
Wow! That's a lot of points already - I think that is the most I've finished with after 10 days.

@maryamhjm - If you feed your dragons 500k worth of food that is 1,000 points but if they are boosting that is a quick 2,000 points in minutes. Then add in the double points boosts for being prepared in advance you can get a lot of points at the beginning of the event. I'm sitting at just over 3k right now with one boost at the beginning of the game due to being prepared.

So far, lots of boosting in my group, mainly bronze a couple of gold. But the points aren't going crazy yet - first is at about 3500 and second just over 3000 and third with a boost currently on is at 1845 - no one has really broke out yet, but there are gold spenders willing to boost. It's going to be curious how my board plays out this time.

Good advice just a shame most of my food went to the last world event, and bingo's.

Varinamom
01-18-17, 12:56 PM
Every time I spin the wheel my game drops and I lose the chance to get points. This game has gotten so frustrating.

Gladiola8
01-18-17, 01:30 PM

Perhaps they're the staff members of S8??? Hope I'm wrong because I dislike all kind of dishonesty in these games.

Denfarm9
01-18-17, 08:07 PM
Read alot of disappointment here ..sorry, but I just have to throw in a positive brag ... I have been. Playing for about a year and have not won a leader board yet but done pretty well. This time the timing was perfect for me to get a jump, (though I still may not win,). I had built up food to level up GlassWing to 12 and Metal to 14 etc. Then I saw on the forum a leader board was on the way so I threw a 3? In the Evo tmpl and 20+ eggs on nests (I have 2 ) diamond in the den. When all was full and ready I treated myself to a 2? boost and ...Wham!!! Quick 1700 + points. Woo-hoo . Drained my food coffers but it felt great for the first time I might actually get to the prize. Hopefully. Lol. Now I am going to have to plant rushrooms and Diamond dates like a mad woman. Luck to all who are trying.

Florr06
01-19-17, 01:19 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think I didn't get the 40 points for hatching a Super Rare dragon when hatching Kaiju? Anyone else with the same experience? Unlikely to matter much but still annoying.

olgatt
01-19-17, 01:44 PM
Probably cos' it is "unbreedable".

KashmirsCafe
01-19-17, 08:56 PM
The head of my leaderboard had 17,000 points three hours into the event.

hungryres
01-20-17, 01:24 AM
before i breed a limited time return dragon, and by the time i finished hatching that egg (from breeding den, not from buying from market), no bonus pt for breeding "rare/ super rare" for that one too. so, even for limited come back dragon, i think they count whether if that is breedable or not from the time of hatching that egg. so, if you are able to get that limited dragon just before it goes expires, further time required for hatching will take the extra bonus pt away from you

i think i have posted (/ whinned on) this in the thread of earlier leaderboard.

Florr06
01-20-17, 04:33 AM

Ahh, you're right :)

Aly_10
01-20-17, 08:38 AM
i usually dont play the leaderboard events- i like levelling my ultra dragons to max levels in anticipation of upcoming tourneys.... good luck to those who participate in the events...

marathon2615
01-20-17, 12:18 PM
The head of my leaderboard had 17,000 points three hours into the event.
How is that even possible? Is there something I'm missing in these leaderboards? I didn't get 17000 total in the last THREE put together.

marathon2615
01-20-17, 12:23 PM
Perhaps they're the staff members of S8??? Hope I'm wrong because I dislike all kind of dishonesty in these games.
I'm gonna play devils advocate here and say that's probably not the case. I don't care for all the changes in the game lately nor the delays in fixing important issues. However, I don't think they would create a game just to dominate it and tick all the other players off. Doesn't sound like good business.

9krm
01-20-17, 01:23 PM
First place on mine has 14000+
Second place has 2736
I'm in 10th place with 2124.

Everyone is chill except for guy in first, but whatever. I usually play these for the milestones, but I already have a number of these ones, so I'm just playing my regular game. I was going to feed Dark One up to 15, but I might wait for the next leaderboard to see if the milestones are better for me.

Huera1958
01-20-17, 04:49 PM
What other side? Where do we.mine for apples? PlZ help me out on this one. I mine for island parts and what ever dragons they are offering for the outrageous 300 pts...lol tysvm
Dragon on
la isla bonita
Thx again.😄

XWZ143
01-21-17, 04:28 AM
Can someone please explain, how can a person jump from below 3k points to over 23k points within just 4 hours? Especially with just 2 nests? This is not fair to others in ours group, unless the 1st place person spent REAL thousands of gold at this 2 boosted hours. Can storm8 staff look into this? Thanks. I will attach 3 photos to prove.

olgatt
01-21-17, 08:12 AM
If you got extra 50 quid to throw into the game pretty much everything is possible really. It gives you 1400 shiny gold bars, so two nest, two dens, free boosted breeding and double points boost and some saved apples -lets say 500k... and If you get lucky to hatch some Ultras one after another.
In my group out of nowhere a lady went from the bottom to the top. She is first with about 12k and the second is about 3 to 4k pts.
If there is people keen enough on the game they could spend more money just for fun and to get what they want. Champs are very tempting so this event is that way I guess.
Good Luck

cherrycastleorchard
01-21-17, 08:05 PM

I wish they would take time zones into consideration, at least some of the time. It makes it harder for both leaderboard events (bingo as well) when you get to start late and don't get the last 4hours as well unless u can stay awake until 4am. Kooky, do u know if this will ever happen?

cherrycastleorchard
01-21-17, 08:14 PM
Every time I spin the wheel my game drops and I lose the chance to get points. This game has gotten so frustrating.

Very sick too about the amount of times it drops out at least 10 times a day especially when visiting

roguebee
01-22-17, 09:38 AM
Looks like the big spenders on my Leaderboard are going to drag me along and I just may get the Harmony Knight Dragon. Been collecting several 200+ points spins over the past couple of days.

Jennerwein1
01-22-17, 11:26 AM
Just got Anubis (40hr) with Diamond (4) and Aries (4). Was actually shooting for Astromancer, but hey! This is great and will help. There goes all my food!

katali119
01-23-17, 04:04 AM
Well, this is the first time I haven't been in the top 3 of the leaderboard, (first time being in a spendy group) and also the first time where I might make it to the final milestone dragon! Shame I can't get both, but those extra points for not getting the pretty prize will really help getting the milestone prize. Seems an odd setup, but 1 champion is certainly better than none lol.

darkmornings
01-23-17, 10:33 AM
I'm in a strange position on this one..I'm coming in pretty clueless. I play farm story 2 so, I know what a leaderboard event is and roughly how it works. So far I'm winning with a whopping 450 points. How long has this one been going on? How do they match us up? I'm competing with islands that are in there 20s, mine is 104 but dead for a few years. It's all just strange as I'm just trying to figure out how to play again,what is new, and hoping to breed dragons that I don't already have (not working yet even with loads of new ones). Would it be safe to say that my whole groups is all just logging in? Maybe they put me in with the "not interested " group? Is there a not interested button I could click and opt out on this event?

snowyhillz
01-23-17, 12:31 PM
There is no "not interested" button so just ignore the event if you aren't interested

katali119
01-23-17, 03:05 PM
Harmony Knight sat on my nest. Woo!

FireballFarm
01-23-17, 11:20 PM
I'm in a strange position on this one..I'm coming in pretty clueless. I play farm story 2 so, I know what a leaderboard event is and roughly how it works. So far I'm winning with a whopping 450 points. How long has this one been going on? How do they match us up? I'm competing with islands that are in there 20s, mine is 104 but dead for a few years. It's all just strange as I'm just trying to figure out how to play again,what is new, and hoping to breed dragons that I don't already have (not working yet even with loads of new ones). Would it be safe to say that my whole groups is all just logging in? Maybe they put me in with the "not interested " group? Is there a not interested button I could click and opt out on this event?

I think group placing is based on your finishes in prior leaderboard events. Since this is your first one (?), I'm thinking they put you in a group with other players who are also doing their first LB event- which would be mostly new, low level players (and maybe some inactives or people who just dipped their toe into the game). Level seems to have little bearing on the groupings.

When the LBs first started, I noticed if I finished in first or second place I would get put in a hard group full of big spenders the next time. Or if I finshed low, I got put into an easy group the next time. That hasn't been happening the past few events. Instead, most of the people I'm grouped with play similarly to how I play (as far as gold and boost usage and total points scored at the end of the event). The groups don't feel quite as random anymore.

I think this means there have been enough LB events that S8 can compute useful, average LB scores for each player and use those averages to create the groups. Of course, this is just observation and speculation on my part. Makes sense, though. :) I bet your placement will get more appropriate as you complete a LB or three and create an average LB score for S8 to work with (or maybe mean score is the better term?) I hope that makes sense.

darkmornings
01-24-17, 08:32 AM
I think group placing is based on your finishes in prior leaderboard events. Since this is your first one (?), I'm thinking they put you in a group with other players who are also doing their first LB event- which would be mostly new, low level players (and maybe some inactives or people who just dipped their toe into the game). Level seems to have little bearing on the groupings.

When the LBs first started, I noticed if I finished in first or second place I would get put in a hard group full of big spenders the next time. Or if I finshed low, I got put into an easy group the next time. That hasn't been happening the past few events. Instead, most of the people I'm grouped with play similarly to how I play (as far as gold and boost usage and total points scored at the end of the event). The groups don't feel quite as random anymore.

I think this means there have been enough LB events that S8 can compute useful, average LB scores for each player and use those averages to create the groups. Of course, this is just observation and speculation on my part. Makes sense, though. :) I bet your placement will get more appropriate as you complete a LB or three and create an average LB score for S8 to work with (or maybe mean score is the better term?) I hope that makes sense.
It makes absolute sense, even if it's just speculation. I really appreciate the view.

topgate44
01-25-17, 11:01 PM
First leader board which I have been playing since they started. People have over 100,000 points. With spending that kind of money for the points people buy the dragon. Unbelievable

DR0G0N
01-26-17, 08:32 AM
I finally got my Metal dragon on the nest. Was planning to raise it all the way to 15 since I heard he's good against Champs and Diamonds in arena (and I don't have a single ADIPPS dragon). But the current leaderboard I'm in, the first two players already way pass the milestone. 1st place 19,000+ points (still doing x2 boost atm), 2nd place 15000+ points, and 3rd 9000+ points (also x2 boosting).

Me just sitting at 8000 points, at 7th place. Even if I raised my Metal all the way to 15 with the x2 boost, I don't think I'll be able to get the prize dragon. Thoughts?

Btw, I was casually doing x1.5 boost once a day to see how far I go since I was having a hard time reaching the milestones in the past, but stopped since the group is giving me high points on the spin. Now I reached the final dragon on the milestone, but I don't think it's possible for me to get the prize dragon.

hungryres
01-26-17, 08:23 PM
wow. your group is very competitive.
i have not even reached knight dragon yet. should reach today, and currently doing some calculation to see if i should use gold to speed things up and boost to get the last milestone.

i also tried to make use of the pts i would get from feeding during LB event. as i also saw i do not have chance to win lb event in the past. so, my metal is still at level 11
haha

but even without level 15 metal or diamond, i managed to finish tournament generally. just sometimes might stuck at champs
(my level 10 diamond sucks at battle, so i do not use him/ her that much)

DR0G0N
01-26-17, 09:34 PM
wow. your group is very competitive.
i have not even reached knight dragon yet. should reach today, and currently doing some calculation to see if i should use gold to speed things up and boost to get the last milestone.

i also tried to make use of the pts i would get from feeding during LB event. as i also saw i do not have chance to win lb event in the past. so, my metal is still at level 11
haha

but even without level 15 metal or diamond, i managed to finish tournament generally. just sometimes might stuck at champs
(my level 10 diamond sucks at battle, so i do not use him/ her that much)

I had a fairly easy time reaching the milestone for the very first time b/c I kept getting 100+, 200+ points spins, plus points chests. I could've saved a boost or two if I knew my group was this competitive a lil more earlier.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd still doing x2 boosts: 21,000+ points, 18,000+ points, and 10,000+ points. Me: still 8,000+ at 7th place.

I also manage to win a couple tournaments, but yes, with Champs, I'll be stuck for days and have no good fighters to go against them. Sometimes, I would run out of time to take out that one Champ whom I was stuck for days in the last 3 rounds or 2. :-/

goneplumcrazy
01-26-17, 09:40 PM
Why does the app have a Facebook button but whenever you click on it says not supported ??? Makes no sense in having it when it useless think about it 😒😕😏

starship412
01-26-17, 09:53 PM
I got 7364 points and almost have enough for Harmony Knight. My intention was to just play enough to get the King Dragon but, strangely, I'm almost to Harmony Knight.
I learned my lesson from the last ************ and not spend any gold - no dragon is worth wasting money to be undercut at the last minute. I'm not even trying for Gentle Knight and I know I won't get it because I was, once again, placed in a group where I didn't have a legitimate shot at placing first or second. I'm hoping this time I finish 10th or below. Unfortunately I'm at 7th, lol.

marathon2615
01-27-17, 08:10 AM
I got 7364 points and almost have enough for Harmony Knight. My intention was to just play enough to get the King Dragon but, strangely, I'm almost to Harmony Knight.
I learned my lesson from the last ************ and not spend any gold - no dragon is worth wasting money to be undercut at the last minute. I'm not even trying for Gentle Knight and I know I won't get it because I was, once again, placed in a group where I didn't have a legitimate shot at placing first or second. I'm hoping this time I finish 10th or below. Unfortunately I'm at 7th, lol.

What happened at the last minute on your last one?

starship412
01-27-17, 10:05 AM
What happened at the last minute on your last one?

Somebody came from 1500 points below me and undercut me in the last hour to take 2nd place.

ksbmommy
01-27-17, 10:41 AM
Somebody came from 1500 points below me and undercut me in the last hour to take 2nd place.

That is always my biggest fear in every leaderboard. Especially when people fall behind and are still boosting after they get the final milestone prize. So far no one has made a move yet, but I'm watching, very closely. I've been in 2nd most of the time with 3rd about 4k points behind, yet I still don't feel confident that it will hold.

amerirish
01-27-17, 11:05 AM
The rankings/points are obviously not updated in real time. I was in first for a few days and then held 2nd for the rest of the time. I watched the clock count down and I was still in second. I closed & reopened and found that I had been bumped to third by a few hundred points in the last moments of the event. Had the counters been accurate I could've done some last minute feedings or something. So completely unfair :mad:

hungryres
01-27-17, 11:08 AM
Did LB ends earlier than the countdown?
I set an slarm hours ago to collect, but only come back and found out LB expires.
I am only 10 pts short from the last milestone dragon, which i cancollect from things that should be ready

Jennerwein1
01-27-17, 11:18 AM
The rankings/points are obviously not updated in real time. I was in first for a few days and then held 2nd for the rest of the time. I watched the clock count down and I was still in second. I closed & reopened and found that I had been bumped to third by a few hundred points in the last moments of the event. Had the counters been accurate I could've done some last minute feedings or something. So completely unfair :mad:
I think you got sniped. (See **** bidding).

Dmon900
01-27-17, 11:22 AM
When my leaderboard finished it clearly said I was in 2nd and it said finished. Then I reloaded and now it says I'm in 3rd by less than 20 points. This is ridiculous! .

amerirish
01-27-17, 11:23 AM
I think you got sniped. (See **** bidding).

Not sure what that means :confused:

Monichiwa
01-27-17, 11:24 AM

Someone tried to do that to me, I was 2nd since yesterday and someone from who knows where boosted himself when there was only 2 minutes for the event to end! He passed me and came 2nd. I had to boost myself a bit to get to the 2nd place again because it makes me mad when you are spending gold and food to do well and then someone in the last minute ruins it for you, which has happened to me before. We shouldn't have to behave like that when playing a game because it's suppose to be fun but well, that's what they've turned us into.

divanightclub
01-27-17, 11:26 AM
I am so happy that I FINALLY won a leaderboard event. Since I came in 14th place in the last one, my group wasn't very competitive(thank God). No one in my group had over ten thousand points. But I was determined to win this one, I watched closely in the final hour to the last second to make sure no one didn't sneak up from behind and win like what happened 2 events ago. I'm especially excited since it's a champ as the grand prize!!

I know that I'll be in a more competitive group in the next event,but it's fine, I'll just be playing for the milestones anyway!!

hungryres
01-27-17, 11:34 AM
Sorry, can anyone confirm if i am imagining things?
I should have alarm set 30 mins earlier than the event ends, but when i login , game spent time syncing and it showed it ended

amerirish
01-27-17, 11:36 AM
I should have alarm set 30 mins earlier than the event ends, but when i login , game spent time syncing and it showed it ended

The event ends at 1:00 PM (EST). The update time is 1:30 PM (EST) for Market items and Value Packs.

katali119
01-27-17, 11:37 AM
It finished at 6pm, not 6:30pm today. Whatever time that is where you are, I'm in the UK and it's currently 6:36pm.

Den8137259
01-27-17, 11:39 AM
★ hungryres, I think so too that event kind of ended earlier, my breeding n farming timings are reflecting correctly though ★

And the LB ranking is not in real time. At last screen capture , two players, erm opponents used 2x boosters to speed up to rake up as first n second. They had been always at 2nd n 3rd since event started.

I think it's been a disappointment event, for me ★

ksbmommy
01-27-17, 11:51 AM

What time was your alarm set for? It ended at 1:00 pm EST for me.

hungryres
01-27-17, 12:07 PM
Shouldn't the event end at 1:30 est? (I just checked time converter online)
i set alarm at 1:00est as i set it according to the countdown clock at LB icon i got hours ago, in my mind i would have 30 minutes to spare.

Is the countdown clock correct? Because I am always confused by different time system (summer/ winter time). For me , player on the otherside of earth, it is what I relied on planning things to collect at the last day of events

saghaven
01-27-17, 12:12 PM
I got the last milestone like 4 days ago. I wasn't even trying after that. The leaders in my group were well into the 20k range at that point. There was no way anyone was catching them. I don't think I'd ever been in a group that crazy at the top. The leader would be like 3000 points ahead of the second place person and STILL put on a booster. SMH

19sparkles96
01-27-17, 12:15 PM
The leaderboard ends 30 min before the normal (USA Pacific time zone) time when new activities start on Tuesdays or Fridays.

Shouldn't the event end at 1:30 est? (I just checked time converter online)
i set alarm at 1:00est as i set it according to the countdown clock at LB icon i got hours ago, in my mind i would have 30 minutes to spare.

Is the countdown clock correct? Because I am always confused by different time system (summer/ winter time). For me , player on the otherside of earth, it is what I relied on planning things to collect at the last day of events

Florr06
01-27-17, 12:19 PM
Finished 2nd with 5000 points, got the Gentle Knight dragon :)

19sparkles96
01-27-17, 12:20 PM
Pretty easy LB, I got first place. This is my 12th trophy, all Gold except for a Silver Mama trophy (Lost by 136 pts).
All I spent was 30 gold on my initial boost.

1- 8270
2- 2160
3- 1877
4- 1704
5- 1118
6- 853

rasike
01-27-17, 12:27 PM
Finished 2nd with 5000 points, got the Gentle Knight dragon :)

Congratulations! I finished 1st with 10,055 points. It was the first time I got such a great group. I did not have to use any boosts at all. I only saw one player using a gold boost before the end, and he/she finished 2nd with 6,500 points. It was the first time I did not have to work hard for the main prize and I am very happy because I really wanted to get Gentle Knight.

aprilbluebird
01-27-17, 12:41 PM
Congratulations! I finished 1st with 10,055 points. It was the first time I got such a great group. I did not have to use any boosts at all. I only saw one player using a gold boost before the end, and he/she finished 2nd with 6,500 points. It was the first time I did not have to work hard for the main prize and I am very happy because I really wanted to get Gentle Knight.

Congrats! I must have got an amazing group then, because I came first with only 5,845 points. I was above 2nd place by 600 points. I didn't buy any boosts and only sped up a few breeds/eggs with a small amount of gold. 20,000+ points is crazy!! I've never won an event before, guess I just happened to get lucky this time. I'm sure next time my grouping won't be as good!

marathon2615
01-27-17, 01:09 PM
Someone tried to do that to me, I was 2nd since yesterday and someone from who knows where boosted himself when there was only 2 minutes for the event to end! He passed me and came 2nd. I had to boost myself a bit to get to the 2nd place again because it makes me mad when you are spending gold and food to do well and then someone in the last minute ruins it for you, which has happened to me before. We shouldn't have to behave like that when playing a game because it's suppose to be fun but well, that's what they've turned us into.
Unfortunately that's the cruel reality of live multiplayer games. Always has been. Its happened to me multiple times but what can ya do

ksbmommy
01-27-17, 02:01 PM
I finished 2nd with 17,045 - I used a few boosts, sped up a couple of things when there was less than an hour remaining but that's how I play all the time. I'm so impatient. Nothing different than usual. The leader had just over 19k points, every time I would inch closer, she would boost to get 2k-3k separation.

My son also finished 2nd on his board with about 7600 points. I had to use a gold boost this morning to put him over 7.5k for the last milestone prize. I had it all ready and timed really well for him.

Neither of our boards had any last minute issues, those last 10 minutes are pure torture!

DragonflyRocket
01-27-17, 03:39 PM
I came in 4th, which doesn't bother me as I'm only interested in the milestones and I reached all with 9,700 odd points.
Though I feel for the player who came in 3rd, they and 2nd place (boosting all the way) almost lead our group for the entire event.
They had 18,000 and 13,000, however in the last 3hrs (when I went to bed) someone went from below 8,745 to 24,045.

beastmode12thfan
01-27-17, 03:44 PM
Why is the habitat gone already? That's really lame. I finally came in first place and I wanted that habitat. Makes no sense that is already gone.

KATRISN
01-27-17, 05:56 PM
same thing happened to me twice now, i was ranked at #2when LB event ended to re-open my game & find i was bumbed to #3 by less that 45 points. how is it that time had ran out & they were still able to add points, what a rippoff

JustKay
01-28-17, 02:15 AM
I came in 4th, which doesn't bother me as I'm only interested in the milestones and I reached all with 9,700 odd points.
Though I feel for the player who came in 3rd, they and 2nd place (boosting all the way) almost lead our group for the entire event.
They had 18,000 and 13,000, however in the last 3hrs (when I went to bed) someone went from below 8,745 to 24,045.

It wasn't me, but I can understand why. If you're going to spend money then best do it at the end or you will just end up starting a gold throwing fight. Letting someone lead for a long time also breeds complacency so they are less likely to be watching in the final hours of the leaderboard. I've both done and experienced the last minute attacks on the first position and it's pretty exciting, but i guess not as much fun when you lose...

JustKay
01-28-17, 02:17 AM
same thing happened to me twice now, i was ranked at #2when LB event ended to re-open my game & find i was bumbed to #3 by less that 45 points. how is it that time had ran out & they were still able to add points, what a rippoff

The leader board doesn't refresh in real time, it simply can't for so many active players. You have to lead by a thousand or more to be safe (depending on how cashed up your competition is. At the start of the game, with some prep work I can turn one 2x boost into about 2000 points, so people can prepare for a big jump at the very last minute if they time and plan everything right (ie. load up their nests and temples to finish at the right time). That's without spending any further gold to speed breed/hatch/evolve or even do much feeding.

JustKay
01-28-17, 02:23 AM

OMG! They've changed it. In the first few leaderboards, I was winning trophies by popping my eggs in storage to fill in timing gaps between boosts and rack up the bonus points. Now that strategy won't work anymore. What a bummer. I have absolutely no reason to hatch my storage eggs anymore. Luckily I figured out new strategies to keep winning gold trophies, but it's sad to see them tightening up the game to remove a trump card you've always had.

Den8137259
01-28-17, 06:25 PM
★ the event has always been a big disadvantage for those from Oceania n Asian countries.

It's simply wee hours in the early morning to be able to stay awake and boost n watch for the scores.

It's pitched as a 7-day LB event, but nothing else mattered except the 2x booster at the eleventh hour and minutes.

But good for those from European n American side cos it's still evening/ day time respectively.

ZaneGodfrey
01-29-17, 04:19 AM
OMG! They've changed it. In the first few leaderboards, I was winning trophies by popping my eggs in storage to fill in timing gaps between boosts and rack up the bonus points. Now that strategy won't work anymore. What a bummer. I have absolutely no reason to hatch my storage eggs anymore. Luckily I figured out new strategies to keep winning gold trophies, but it's sad to see them tightening up the game to remove a trump card you've always had.

They didn't change anything, I can assure you. Even in the first LB Event, some people asked why they weren't getting bonuses when hatching eggs from storage. They were informed it was because you don't get bonuses from unbreedables. You can even go back and check the first LB thread. Complete with screenshots that clearly show that you get no points.

JustKay
01-29-17, 04:29 AM
★ the event has always been a big disadvantage for those from Oceania n Asian countries.

It's simply wee hours in the early morning to be able to stay awake and boost n watch for the scores.

It's pitched as a 7-day LB event, but nothing else mattered except the 2x booster at the eleventh hour and minutes.

But good for those from European n American side cos it's still evening/ day time respectively.

You could argue the opposite. If it's during the day, people have commitments and can't sit there and watch a phone for an hour or so. If it's at night, yes you do have to set alarms and disrupt sleep, but at least the rest of your city is asleep and not demanding attention from you.

JustKay
01-29-17, 04:33 AM
They didn't change anything, I can assure you. Even in the first LB Event, some people asked why they weren't getting bonuses when hatching eggs from storage. They were informed it was because you don't get bonuses from unbreedables. You can even go back and check the first LB thread. Complete with screenshots that clearly show that you get no points.

Strange. I don't think I would have had the advantages that I had to succeed in nabbing my first few trophies. I remember seeing the separate pop-ups for hatch and bonus points. Those first LBs were all out points wars, before I figured out easier strategies to score the trophies. Most exciting wins, but I had to work hard to plan everything. Either way, being able to control the hatching timings across all your eggs was a big boost in advantage, which I guess I still have if I ever need to rely on well timed boosts again.