PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 1/12 - Ice Queen Event! | * all goal details in post 1! *

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SpiritWind00
01-12-17, 12:10 AM
ICE QUEEN STAGE EVENT!

Requires level 26+ | Minimum game version is iOS/Android 1.6
If you have not manually started the event by 1/15, the game will start the event for you. You will have 10 days from the date you start to complete the event.

https://imgur.com/uXRPuI2.png

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here! (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!&p=1385954&viewfull=1#post1385954)

Calculations of resources (thanks TerraRanomi!) available in this post: click here! (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!&p=1386412&viewfull=1#post1386412)

Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html): compare where you are with California

Notes about the Event
1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

For those on chapter 4 today, remember NOT to upgrade castle and keep topping up on snowflakes and snowballs. Make loads (26 are needed) of snow blocks and use the fast worker boost before upgrading. :)

reminder: do not upgrade the building until you are done collecting all your extra materials or until the next chapter starts as otherwise you close the chapter and special materials stop dropping and you can't get ahead for the next day.

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub. (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378)

Ice Castle (limited timed event goal, level 26+) (3x3) limit 1 Cannot be sold
This item was only available during the event it was released.
Info: An Ice Castle for Neva to call home!
Collection time: 16 hours
Speed up: 32 gems
Drops: coins
Level 1/Build: 30 blue petals, 30 purple petals, 20 glimmer dust, 30 living wood | +1000 coin / 16 hours
Level 2: 99 snowflakes, 50 Jewels, 99 wood, 15 golden eggs | +1100
Level 3: 50 snowflakes, 50 icy snowballs, 30 living wood, 30 purple petal | +1200
Level 4: 50 snowflakes, 4 snow blocks, 30 glimmerdust, 30 prime cuts | +1300
Level 5: 4 snow blocks, 25 icy petals, 15 fancy blocks, 30 blue petals | +1400
Level 6: 4 snow blocks, 25 icy petals, 25 icy wood, 18 fire embers | +1500
Level 7: 2 snow blocks, 10 arctic fur, 12 icy wood | +1600
Level 8: 4 snow blocks, 30 icy petals, 4 ember essence | +1700
Level 9: 5 ember essence, 30 icy petals, 3 ice beams | +1800
Level 10: 5 ember essence, 30 icy petals, 3 ice beams, 2 snow blocks | +2000

Snow block: Workshop, 30 minutes - 20 snowflakes, 10 icy snowballs, 1 simple glue. (Make some in advance if you've time)
Ember Essence: Potion Shop, 2 hours - 3 fire embers, 6 icy wood, 1 arctic fur
Ice Beam: Workshop, 1 hour - 1 snow block, 3 fire embers, 2 icicles

Snowflakes come from Icy Willows when the goal asks for it.
Icy Snowballs come from rock outcroppings when the goal asks for it. | 6 gems each
Icy petal come from Frozen Dahlias (buy 2 with coin. Can buy more with gems.) | 10 gems each
Fire embers come from the Cozy Campfire (buy 1 with coin. Can buy more with gems.)
Icy wood come from the Icy willows when the goal asks for it.
Icicles come from rock outcroppings when the goal asks for it.

Hi, I'm Neva! To tell you the truth, I'm looking for a change of scenery, and I heard you were the ruler of this fine Kingdom. Maybe we could work something out so that I could stay?
Chapter 1:
Goal 1 Visit farmhouses 0/5 VISIT (skip 15 gems)
Goal 2 Visit the jeweler 0/1 VISIT (skip 10gems)
Goal 3 Build ice castle's foundation 0/1 BUILD | 30 blue petals, 30 purple petals, 20 glimmer dust, 30 living wood | Goal prize: 2 glimmerdust

Wow! I must say, I've never been welcomes with such open arms! It's lovely here, but there is one small problem: it's a little warm. Perhaps we could cool down my humble abode with some winter magic!
Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Chop an icy willow 0/1 CHOP (skip 10 gems) | purchase in the market, 100 coins each
Goal 2 Gather snowflakes 0/25 GO | drops from Icy Willows
Goal 3 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 2 0/1 BUILD | 50 Jewels, 99 wood, 15 golden eggs, 99 snowflakes | Goal prize:5 snowflakes/COLOR]
Note: Golden Eggs sources from Inventory Guide: chickens, Glimmeregg Bunny, Fireworks Griffin, Golden Mine, Griffin Roost, Royal Griffin, Parrot, Griffina (Baron's tent)

I heard we potentially have a new friend in the kingdom! We should break the ice and enjoy some good 'ol winter fun. Who's up for a snowball fight?
Chapter 3:
Goal 1 Mine a rock outcropping 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems)
Goal 2 Gather Icy Snowballs 0/20 GO
Goal 3 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 3 0/1 BUILD | 50 snowflakes, 50 icy snowballs, 30 living wood, 30 purple petal | Goal Prize - 5 snowflakes

Ivy is quite the character, and an artist when it comes to making the perfect snowball. Come to think of it, I think we can use these icy snowballs to make snow blocks! Surely they can keep the inside of my castle cool.
Chapter 4:
Goal 1 Clear an icy willow 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems)
Goal 2 Make a snow block 0/1 Go | Workshop, 30 minutes - 20 snowflakes, 10 icy snowballs, 1 simple glue | speed up is 2 gems
Goal 3 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 4 0/1 BUILD | 30 glimmerdust, 30 prime cuts, 4 snow blocks, 50 snowflakes | Goal Prize - 2 snowballs

I really miss the flowers from my homeland. It's not that the flowers here aren't great, the Frosty Dahlias from home just had the most beautiful Icy Petals. I wish I could decorate my new home with them!
Chapter 5:
Goal 1 Grow Frozen Dahlias 0/2 BUY | Purchase them in the market
Goal 2 Gather Icy Petals 0/4 GO | Collect those from Frozen Dahlias
Goal 3 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 5 0/1 BUILD| 15 fancy blocks, 4 snow blocks, 25 icy petals, 30 blue petals | Goal Prize - 2 icy petals
Note 1: For those who bought the frozen dahlias already, they don't start dropping icy petals until around Chapter 5. I didn't try the campfire, but it more than likely doesn't drop fire embers until later as well. Also, once they do start dropping, you won't be able to collect between chapters. So if you have extra energy, try to collect as many as possible before you finish the chapter. [from kattkrazie]
Note 2: The dahlias and campfire will count in the later chapters if you have already purchased them. It will autocomplete. [from kattkrazie]

Hey, so, this is a bit awkward, but...uh...you remember how I said the castle needed to be colder? Now it's a little "*too* cold. I'd borrow a coat but as you can see, I'm a little bit smaller than most of you around here.
Chapter 6:
Goal 1 Start a Cozy Campfire 0/1 | Buy this in the market
Goal 2 Gather Fire Embers 0/5 GO (skip 50 gems)
Goal 3 Gather Icy Wood 0/5 GO | drops from Icy Willows
Goal 4 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 6 0/1 BUILD | 25 icy wood, 4 snow blocks, 25 icy petals, 18 fire embers | Goal Prize - icy wood

Whoa! The fire embers are causing the floors to get slippery in Neva's castle! I think I have a better solution to balance the temperature...a magical solution. Will need a few ingredients first though.
Chapter 7:
Goal 1 Slay an Arctic Bear 0/1 FIGHT (skip 50 gems)
Goal 2 Gather more Arctic Fur 0/1 GO
Goal 3 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 7 0/1 BUILD | 2 snow blocks, 10 arctic fur, 12 icy wood | Goal Prize - 1 arctic fur

Let's whip up a batch of Ember Essence! This stuff will keep Neva warm and won't affect the ice her castle is made of. It smells really good too! Speaking of smells, the Arctic Bears seem to be attracted to the scent of the campfire! Let's fend them off.
Chapter 8:
Goal 1 Slay an Arctic Bear 0/1 FIGHT (skip 50 gems)
Goal 2 Brew Ember Essence 0/1 GO | Potion Shop, 2 hours - 3 fire embers, 6 icy wood, 1 arctic fur (speed up is 8 gems)
Goal 3 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 8 | 4 snow blocks, 4 ember essence, 30 icy petals | Goal Prize - 4 icy petals

I see the construction of my castle has caused quite the stir in your kingdom and others. How can we blame them? It *is* pretty magnificent. Maybe you could introduce me to the neighboring kingdoms? Not to worry, we'll get back to work as soon as we get back!
Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Visit neighboring kingdoms 0/50 VISIT (skip 50 gems)
Goal 2 Ask for Builders Permits 0/20 ASK (skip 80 gems) | neighbour request
Goal 3 Collect icicles 0/3 GO | will auto complete if you have ones in inventory
Goal 4 Make ice beam 0/1 MAKE | Workshop, 1 hour - 1 snow block, 3 fire embers, 2 icicles
Goal 5 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 9 | 5 ember essence, 30 icy petals, 3 ice beams | Goal Prize - 2 arctic fur
Note: You can collect the icicles and craft the ice beams while waiting for the neighbor requests to come back. And don't forget to use the eleven boosts to cut crafting time in half. (kattkrazie)

Wow, the people who speak of this kingdom weren't kidding when they said it had a kind ruler. You've welcomed me to your home and built me a beautiful place to call my own. What's this...? More gifts? You shouldn't have!
Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Give hearty feasts 0/2 GIVE (skip 50 gems)
Goal 2 Give truffles 0/10 GIVE
Goal 3 Gather icy petals 0/5 GO | will auto complete if you have ones in inventory
Goal 4 Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 10 | 2 snow blocks, 30 icy petals, 5 ember essence, 3 ice beams
The Grand Prize is yours! Congratulations! You have won Neva!

[Note: Neva is in your inventory (edit/inventory]

****** Note: drops stop after upgrading the castle to level 10. Once you get Neva, she is now the ONLY source of drops to be used in the Snowy Workshop. Collect as many as you can before upgrading (if time allows)*****

PART 2 GOALS IN NEXT POST!

Items to add to the Inventory Guide:

Frozen Dahlia
Info: Tend for Icy Petals and various Petals.
Found: in market during the Ice Queen event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!)
Drops during event: Icy petals, white petals, blue petals
Drops after event: white petals, blue petals
Collection time: 10 minutes

Frozen Campfire
Info: Tend for Fire Embers and various minerals.
Found: in market during the Ice Queen event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!)
Drops during event: fire embers, coal, iron ore
Drops after event: coal, iron ore
Collection time: 2 hours

[COLOR=#ffffff]Event pictures

SpiritWind00
A Warm Welcome To The Ice Queen - Neva
After the storybook event is complete, a goal opens on the left side goal book:

Goal Notes:
* Neva is in your inventory once you upgrade the ice castle to level 10.
* Once you get Neva, she is now the ONLY source of snowballs, icicles, and snowflakes used in the Snowy Workshop. Collect as many of these 3 items as you can before upgrading to level 10 (if time allows).
* You won't need any fire embers or icy wood drops

Dialogue:
Ruler: Welcome to the Kingdom, Neva! How's it feel to call this place home?
Neva: Great, so far! But I do need to learn my way around a bit. Perhaps you could show me around some more?
Ruler: Sure thing!

Neva: This kingdom is so grand! I can't wait to see what you've done. Why don't you tell me your story?
A Warm Welcome to the Ice Queen - Part 1
Goal 1 Visit the cottage (give her a tour of the kingdom) 0/2 VISIT (skip 20 gems)
Goal 2 Visit the conservatory (What fun!) 0/2 VISIT (skip 20 gems)
Goal 3 Serve Neva a Hearty Feast (All that flying builds up an appetite!) 0/1 GIVE (skip 10 gems)
Reward: Snowy Workshop
Congratulations: Neva: Wow it sounds like you've quite the time!

Dialogue:
Neva: This Kingdom is such a wonderful place! Everyone does so much to help one another out, I'd like to contribute too.
Ruler: Oh? What do you like to do?
Neva: Well, I'm really good with snow! Maybe I could make things from my homeland?
Ruler: That sounds great, Neva!

I'll set up shop and help make your kingdom the perfect winter wonderland!
A Warm Welcome to the Ice Queen - Part 2
Goal 1 Find the Snowy Workshop in your Storage
Goal 2 Collect from Neva 0/4 GO
Goal 3 Build a Snowman 0/1 BUILD | Make this in the Snowy Workshop! MAKE SURE YOU CRAFT THE SNOWMAN AND NOT THE SNOW-WOMAN!
Reward: +1 Snow Tower
Congratulations: Neva: You're gonna have the coolest kingdom of them all!

Neva the Ice Queen
Info: Neva the Ice Queen! She has a chance to drop Snowflakes. Icy Snowballs, Icicles, and Glimmerdust!
Found: Prize for completing the Ice Queen event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!), January 2017
Drops: snowflakes, icy snowballs, icicles and glimmerdust (for use in the Snowy Workshop)
Collection time: 8 hours

Snowflakes
Info: Sparkling snowflakes used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Found: Neva (Ice Queen event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!-*-all-goal-details-in-post-1!-*))
Uses: various crafts in the Snowy workshop

Icicles
Info: Icicles are to be handled with care whilst mining Rock Outcroppings! Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Found: Neva (Ice Queen event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!-*-all-goal-details-in-post-1!-*))

Icy Snowball
Info: Perfect for pelting friends or enemies. Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.

Snowy Workshop (2x2) limit of 1 Cannot be sold
CRAFTING BUILDING
Info: A snowy crafting building to make brr-illiant decorations!
Cost: 0 (prize from event)
Build: comes fully built
What can you craft?
All crafts take 10 minutes.
Ice Lily - 30 snowflakes, 15 snowballs, 2 icicles
Frozen Fountain - 30 snowflakes, 15 snowballs, 4 icicles
Skating Pond - 20 snowflakes, 10 snowballs, 4 icicles
Snow-man - 20 snowflakes, 10 snowballs, 2 icicles
Sno-woman - 20 snowflakes, 10 snowballs, 2 icicles
Winter Wall - 5 snowflakes
Winter Gate - 10 snowflakes, 10 snowballs, 2 icicles
Winter Tower - 10 snowflakes, 10 snowballs, 2 icicles
Snow Wall - 5 snowflakes
Snow Gate - 10 snowflakes, 10 snowballs, 2 icicles
Snow Tower - 10 snowflakes, 10 snowballs, 2 icicles

Event Pictures

Pictures of what you can craft in the Snowy Workshop (thank you MoonVillage3!) - click here! (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!-*-all-goal-details-in-post-1!-*&p=1388208&viewfull=1#post1388208)

SpiritWind00
A Not So Grizzly Encounter
goals for the Arctic Bear

Old Thomas: These fuzzy fellows are causing quite the ruckus in the Kingdom! Let us see what we can do to calm them.
A Not So Grizzly Encounter
Goal 1 Quarrel with an arctic bear 0/1 FIGHT (skip 10 gems) | collect from a farmhouse and spawn an arctic bear. 10 hits to defeat.
Goal 2 Gather arctic fur 0/5 GO | each time you defeat the bear, it will drop 1 arctic fur (plus sometimes rat tails and fur)
Goal 3 Tame an arctic bear 0/1 TAME |
Reward: 1 Arctic Bear, 10 snowflakes
Congratulations: Old Thomas: They are not so back after all!

Old Thomas: Those arctic bears are interfering with the Kingdom's daily activities. I wonder if there is a way to lure them away from everyone?
It's A Trap!
Goal 1 Buy arctic bear bait 0/1 BUY | Market, 20 gems. You get your gems back as the reward.
Reward: 20 gems
Congratulations: Old Thomas: That worked splendidly!

Arctic Bear Bait (trap) 1x1 cannot be sold
Info: This is sure to draw an Arctic Bear! Only 1 monster can be in the kingdom at a time!
Found: market, 20 gems (goal gives you 20 gems back on first purchase)
Uses: chop to lure an arctic bear

Arctic Bear cannot be sold
Info: A cute and friendly Arctic Bear. Pet it to see what items it found for you!
Crafted: Workshop, 5 minutes (during Ice Queen event Ice Queen event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!) only.
Requirements: 40 arctic fur (40 gems each)
Drops: creep tooth, fur, jewels, rat tails, silver, white petal
Collection time: 4 hours (speed up is 16 gems)

Event Pictures

ana76543
01-12-17, 01:45 PM
Has this started for anyone yet? I keep refreshing but nothing.

neverwhere88
01-12-17, 01:46 PM
It's started for me. Storybook. First task of 3 is to visit 5 farmhouses. Only had 3 on board so waiting to collect again now.

BahSunFarms
01-12-17, 01:47 PM
It has started for me but I don't want to click begin until I see what I'll need for the first few steps. I'll be stalking this thread like a hawk!

candie1230
01-12-17, 01:50 PM
Has this started for anyone yet? I keep refreshing but nothing.

It's live now, you have to click the "begin" on the right hand of the screen, first goal is click on five farmhouses.

neverwhere88
01-12-17, 01:51 PM
1/3 - visit farm house
2/3 - visit jewler (1)
3/3 - build ice castle foundation (30 blue petals, 30 purple petals 20 glimmer dust, 30 living wood)

girufel
01-12-17, 01:52 PM
Is this a timed event?

ashley224
01-12-17, 01:54 PM
The frozen dahlias gave me blue petals and I Black flagged white petals.

ashley224
01-12-17, 01:57 PM
One of my 5 farmhouses spawned a 10 energy Arctic Bear which looks exactly like the polar bears we recently fought. My reward was one Arctic fur.

meme1098
01-12-17, 01:58 PM
Well...I'll give it a few days & see what's involved. Not excited about the same old thing if that's how it turns out...lol.

And that's kinda how it looks the first day

xtinem070672
01-12-17, 02:02 PM
One of my 5 farmhouses spawned a 10 energy Arctic Bear which looks exactly like the polar bears we recently fought. My reward was one Arctic fur.

I have a skunkupine parked on my board. Do I need to clobber him to get this bear to appear?

rere123412345
01-12-17, 02:04 PM
There is also a new animal in workshop - 40 arctic fur for an arctic bear. So yes - clear your holding creatures to fight. And fight. And fight. Annnd

PJBastian13
01-12-17, 02:05 PM
Yes you will need to get rid of your skunkupine. Only 1 monster can be on the board at a time.

rulerofjennyville
01-12-17, 02:09 PM
Is this a timed event?

It's timed. I moved so quickly through the first level I didn't even notice what it took so I suppose that's a good sign. Maybe.

rulerofjennyville
01-12-17, 02:11 PM
Well...I'll give it a few days & see what's involved. Not excited about the same old thing if that's how it turns out...lol.

And that's kinda how it looks the first day

It does seem like they're recycling what they gave us for Christmas. Still I clicked. Hope the fairy isn't another walker.

mmumford
01-12-17, 02:12 PM
CHAPTER 2

Goal 1: Chop 1 Icy Willow
Goal 2: Gather 25 Snowflakes (they drop from Icy Willows)
​Goal 3:

RevdKathy
01-12-17, 02:13 PM
Mystified by what it claims the fairy drops. Most items are new. Presumably they'll have some use?

Also, I hope the ice house improves. It's just a rather ugly lump of blue and white right now.

girufel
I'm out of living wood :-(((((

home4pie2
Looking at the picture, i see a winter castle. So we will get another castle for adventure?

danzplace
01-12-17, 02:15 PM
Thanks Mumford. May start today thanks to your taking the lead.

ashley224
01-12-17, 02:15 PM
Collected from the five farm houses again, spawned one more Arctic Bear and received one more Arctic fur.

ashley224
01-12-17, 02:17 PM
There is also a new animal in workshop - 40 arctic fur for an arctic bear. So yes - clear your holding creatures to fight. And fight. And fight. Annnd

Another 5 farmhouses gave 1 Bear and 1 fur. Currently 3 collections, 3 bears, 3 fur.

40 fur x 15 energy apiece (10 to fight the bear and 5 to spawn it) , 600 energy for the Arctic bear. We may get a few bonus fur here and there which would reduce the energy requirement. Wondering what the drops will be.

ashley224
01-12-17, 02:20 PM
I'm out of living wood :-(((((

Always stock pile all materials for timed events. Never use for story line unless above 70. Fortunately this is the beginning of the event and you will have time to collect/make some.

mikepastry
01-12-17, 02:38 PM
What are the sources of living wood, does anyone know? Thanks

ashley224
01-12-17, 02:41 PM

Can be gifted as well. If you can't see the photo, go to the hub, under inventory guide, living wood.

kattkrazie
01-12-17, 02:41 PM
Chapter 2 has a glitch. When I chop an icy willow, I get the running chicken, then the tree comes back. Hopefully this will be fixed before everyone else gets to this part. If I were a suspicious person, I'd think they don't want me to get ahead and reveal the sneak peeks. But I'm not a suspicious person, so maybe it'll be fixed when I log back in. :D

meme1098
01-12-17, 02:44 PM
Chapter 2 has a glitch. When I chop an icy willow, I get the running chicken, then the tree comes back. Hopefully this will be fixed before everyone else gets to this part. If I were a suspicious person, I'd think they don't want me to get ahead and reveal the sneak peeks. But I'm not a suspicious person, so maybe it'll be fixed when I log back in. :D

Haha...running chicken. I almost want to start the goal just to see that...lol

ktorewqas
01-12-17, 02:49 PM

I want to see the chicken too :D

ashley224
01-12-17, 02:49 PM

Good to have you back Katt, please take a photo for us.:p

pms3665
01-12-17, 02:51 PM
Last 2 characters were definitely Disney-ish. And this latest, Neva, is va-va-voom. I used to be so happy with the characters: the female ruler, thurston, etc.

Sirelie
01-12-17, 02:55 PM
Please, what is the source of arctic fur? Farmhouses?
Is Arctic Bear rare drop from this?

Sirelie
01-12-17, 02:56 PM
Last 2 characters were definitely Disney-ish. And this latest, Neva, is va-va-voom. I used to be so happy with the characters: the female ruler, thurston, etc. Must've hired a bunch of young, male game designers.

Hahaha :D :D :D Yes, maybe :D :D :D

ana76543
01-12-17, 02:59 PM
Got it. Mine showed up after several more refreshes. Holding off on starting until we have some more info. I usually start these storybook events when it auto starts and I've read through all the forum info and know what to expect.
Good luck everyone! And thanks to all the pioneers forging ahead and posting the info!

azorisland
01-12-17, 02:59 PM
Ice willows not working game as a glitch ,when i try to shop the willows supouse to give snowflakes ,it's not happening the game start loading and start from the beginning to shop the tree please SUPORT fixe this bug issue thanks.

kattkrazie
01-12-17, 03:09 PM

Oops. It's a running horse. Guess I'm brain-dead from fighting so many different animals...

meme1098
01-12-17, 03:12 PM
Oops. It's a running horse. Guess I'm brain-dead from fighting so many different animals...

Oh...shoot! 😂 I really wanted to see a running chicken. 😂

MIssFryd
01-12-17, 03:13 PM
I got 16 snowflakes and they stay in Inventory, but now the Ice willow gives just wood and sap. Don't get to keep that though since the game keeps reloading and reset back to when I had gotten my 16 flakes. A bit disappointed I didn't get to se the running chicken. At least that could be entertaining while waiting for a fix. :cool:

Can Support please fix this bug. I moved forward a day since I can't play tomorrow. It's 11 pm here so if no immideate fix I can't get ahead and the gems was a waste :(

kattkrazie
01-12-17, 03:18 PM
Tried force close and still can't chop the trees. Arghhhh. I should be on chapter 5 by now. And it doesn't have the option to gem it. Have to chop it.

Kastlerama
01-12-17, 03:25 PM
Oh...shoot! �� I really wanted to see a running chicken. ��

Try Farm Story for the running chicken.

AnisWa
01-12-17, 03:27 PM
It has started for me but I don't want to click begin until I see what I'll need for the first few steps. I'll be stalking this thread like a hawk!

Same for me, too. Waiting to see the feedback!

kattkrazie
01-12-17, 03:27 PM

Aha! I knew I'd seen a running chicken somewhere!! Lol.

meme1098
01-12-17, 03:28 PM

Aha! I knew I'd seen a running chicken somewhere!! Lol.

Thanks guys. I think I'll pass on more animals for now...lol

riverly
01-12-17, 03:28 PM
Hope the glitch gets fixed soon. Time is a'wasting.
Ok, the arctic bear quest seems to be an optional goal so I think I will ignore that one, but am going thru the storybook line.
As always thanks for those who jump ahead and post next chapters. Much appreciated.

storiadelcastello
01-12-17, 03:40 PM
Last 2 characters were definitely Disney-ish. And this latest, Neva, is va-va-voom. I used to be so happy with the characters: the female ruler, thurston, etc.

Yes I am waiting to see her shimmy around the kingdom

meme1098
01-12-17, 03:43 PM
Yes I am waiting to see her shimmy around the kingdom

From the Mystery thread:

Regina;1385870']The new character will be the same as a pet and drop items!

ashley224
01-12-17, 03:46 PM
Cozy campfire gave 1 iron ore. Up to 16 Arctic fur, 1 at a time.

SpiritWind00
01-12-17, 03:49 PM
Hi all, I'm around for a little bit. Post 1 up and running. Can I confirm that the problem is that Icy Willows are not dropping snowflakes. Is that the only issue so far?? (I'm on the slowest internet connection, and it's taking a minute to flick through pages! :))

Zirilka
01-12-17, 03:49 PM
S8 thank you for the bear. I mean, thank you but no thank you. Not another animal, and definitely not another polar bear. I pass.

But I'm very excited about the new event as I have been bored out of my mind for the past fortnight or so. I always promise myself I shall wait couple of days to have all the bugs fixed and tips revealed (thank you Katt!) but it never works. Ice queen looks nice, and if she is a walker I will be very happy.

meme1098
01-12-17, 03:52 PM
S8 thank you for the bear. I mean, thank you but no thank you. Not another animal, and definitely not another polar bear. I pass.

But I'm very excited about the new event as I have been bored out of my mind for the past fortnight or so. I always promise myself I shall wait couple of days to have all the bugs fixed and tips revealed (thank you Katt!) but it never works. Ice queen looks nice, and if she is a walker I will be very happy.

Not a walker (see post #45 above) but like a pet that will drop items. Who knows what though other than glimmer dust & goal items

joanie_land13
01-12-17, 04:12 PM
Hi all, I'm around for a little bit. Post 1 up and running. Can I confirm that the problem is that Icy Willows are not dropping snowflakes. Is that the only issue so far?? (I'm on the slowest internet connection, and it's taking a minute to flick through pages! :))

The icy willows are not only NOT dropping snowflakes, but after chopping down, the game reloads and the same willow reappears on the game board.

PrincessCupOButter
01-12-17, 04:13 PM

I'm not there yet, but Katt posted this. (She meant the running horse. But a chicken would bring some much needed variety! Lol)

SpiritWind00
01-12-17, 04:15 PM
The Ice Willow issue is already being looked at. This will be fixed quickly and I'll post... ;)

FrostedThings
01-12-17, 04:17 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird that we're getting a human-looking being as a pet? LOL. So we're gonna have all of these animals... with a humanoid in their midst just sitting around waiting to be petted. :p

barbarix
01-12-17, 04:17 PM
Yup, same here... my snow flakes registered with 13 ( did not do anything) and now game keeps going off, and reloading and my willow refuses to get chopped... actually speeded up so that in my time zone I would get the new chapter before work.....not sure this will work.... pls Team Lava make it happen? Event with coffee and breakfast?

ShibuyaCloth
01-12-17, 04:18 PM
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb72036.png_2v_31020.png
Arctic Bear
Type: Spawn
Source: Event
Found: Farmhouse
Drops: Creep Tooth, Rat Tail, Arctic Fur
Events: The Ice Queen - January 2017
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721
Comments: 10 HP

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb72036.png_2v_31020.png
Arctic Bear (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ArcticBear)
Info: ?
Type: Decoration
Crafted in: Workshop
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 40 Arctic Fur
Drops: ?
Timer: ?
Comments: A fuzzy bear from the coldest of lands!

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50751.png_2v_31020.png
Arctic Fur (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ArcticFur)
Info: A fur that protects from the coldest temperatures. Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Type: Material
Requirements: 40 gems
Used for: Arctic Bear
Speed-up: 200 gems

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50785.png_2v_31020.png
Neva (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Neva)
Info: Neva the Ice Queen! She has a chance to drop Snowflakes. Icy Snowballs, Icicles, and Glimmerdust!
Drops: Snowflake, Icy Snowball, Icicle, Glimmerdust
Timer: ?
Comments: Grand Prize from the Ice Queen event.

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb703006.png_2v_31020.png
Cozy Campfire (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CozyCampfire)
Info: Tend for Fire Embers and various minerals.
Requirements: 150 gems // 500 coins
Drops: Iron Ore, Coal, Fire Embers
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 8 gems
Comments: Coin version limited to 1.

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217000.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L1 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL1)
Type: Building
Size: 3x3
Requirements: 100 coins // 30 Living Wood, 30 Blue Petal, 20 Glimmerdust, 30 Purple Petal
Drops: Coins
Timer: 960 minutes // 16 hours
Speed-up: 32 gems

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217001.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L2 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL2)
Requirements: 50 Jewels, 99 Wood, 15 Golden Egg, 99 Snowflakes

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217002.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L3 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL3)
Requirements: 50 Snowflakes, 50 Icy Snowball, 30 Living Wood, 30 Purple Petal

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217003.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L4 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL4)
Requirements: 30 Glimmerdust, 30 Prime Cut, 4 Snow Block, 50 Snowflakes

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217004.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L5 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL5)
Requirements: 15 Fancy Block, 4 Snow Block, 25 Icy Petals, 30 Blue Petal

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217005.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L6 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL6)
Requirements: 25 Icy Wood, 4 Snow Block, 25 Icy Petals, 18 Fire Embers

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217006.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L7 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL7)
Requirements: 2 Snow Block, 10 Arctic Fur, 12 Icy Wood

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217007.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L8 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL8)
Requirements: 4 Snow Block, 4 Ember Essence, 30 Icy Petals

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217008.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L9 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL9)
Requirements: 5 Ember Essence, 30 Icy Petals, 3 Ice Beams

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb217009.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Castle L10 (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceCastleL10)
Requirements: 2 Snow Block, 30 Icy Petals, 5 Ember essence, 3 Ice Beams

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb806082.png_2v_31020.png
Frozen Dahlia (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FrozenDahlia)
Info: Tend for Icy Petals and various Petals.
Requirements: 100 gems // 100 coins
Drops: Icy Petal, White Petal, Blue Petal
Timer: 10 minutes
Speed-up: 1 gems
Comments: Coin version limited to 2.

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50754.png_2v_31020.png
Icy Petals (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IcyPetals)
Info: Beautiful icy petals picked carefully from Frozen Dahlias. Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Requirements: 10 gems
Found: Frozen Dahlia
Cap: 200

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50747.png_2v_31020.png
Snowflakes (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Snowflakes)
Info: Sparkling snowflakes used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Requirements: 3 gems
Found: Icy Willow

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50755.png_2v_31020.png
Icicles (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Icicles)
Info: Icicles are to be handled with care whilst mining Rock Outcroppings! Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Requirements: ?
Found: Rock Outcropping

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50774.png_2v_31020.png
Icy Snowball (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IcySnowball)
Info: Perfect for pelting friends or enemies. Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Requirements: 6 gems
Found: Rock Outcropping

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb806087.png_2v_31020.png
Arctic Bear Bait (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ArcticBearBait)
Info: This is sure to draw an Arctic Bear! Only 1 monster can be in the kingdom at a time!
Requirements: 20 gems
Drops: Arctic Bear
Comments: Can be cleared in 1 actions

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50749.png_2v_31020.png
Snow Block (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SnowBlock)
Info: A snow block used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Requirements: 130 gems // 20 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowballs, 1 Simple Glue
Timer: 30 minutes
Speed-up: 2 gems
Cap: 99

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50752.png_2v_31020.png
Fire Embers (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FireEmbers)
Info: Scolding hot fire embers that can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle. Can be used to build Nava's Ice Castle.
Requirements: 10 gems
Found: Cozy Campfire

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50759.png_2v_31020.png
Icy Wood (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IcyWood)
Info: Be careful with Icy Wood* It snaps easily when bent. Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Requirements: 6 gems
Found: Icy Willow

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50753.png_2v_31020.png
Ember Essence (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_EmberEssence)
Info: A potion with the ability to keep one warm but not too warm! Can be used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Crafted in: Potion Shop
Requirements: 105 gems // 3 Fire Embers, 6 Icy Wood, 1 Arctic Fur
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 8 gems
Comments: Keep things warm but not too warm*

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50756.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Beams (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceBeams)
Info: A sturdy frozen beam used to build Neva's Ice Castle.
Requirements: 260 gems // 1 Snow Block, 3 Fire Ember, 2 Icicles
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 4 gems
Comments: A sturdy frozen beam for building.

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50746.png_2v_31020.png
Builder's Permit (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_BuildersPermit)
Info: A permit for building in the cold.
Found: Neighbor

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb122000.png_2v_31020.png
Snowy Workshop (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SnowyWorkshop)
Info: ?
Size: 2x2

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701071.png_2v_31020.png
Frozen Fountain (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FrozenFountain)
Info: A grand fountain whose waters have frozen in the seasonal chill. Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Crafted in: Workshop,Snowy Workshop
Requirements: 1 Holiday Ribbons, 6 Jingle Bells, 2 Snowman Orbs / 30 Snowflakes, 15 Icy Snowball, 4 Icicles
Events: Holiday Workshop - December 2015
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87314
Comments: A forzen piece of craftmanship by Neva. Event version can be crafted in 60 min.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702021.png_2v_31020.png
Ice Lily (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_IceLily)
Info: From the snow bloomed a glorious flower that remains eternally frozen!
Crafted in: Potion Shop, Snowy Workshop
Requirements: 1 Ice Seeds, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust / 30 Snowflakes, 15 Icy Snowball, 2 Icicles
Drops: Ice Petals, Blue Petals
Events: Fire and Ice - May 2016
Timer: 30 minutes
Speed-up: 2 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91362
Comments: Takes 2 hours to craft in the potion shop, 10 min in the Snowy Workshop!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701072.png_2v_31020.png
Skating Pond (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SkatingPond)
Info: A smooth, icy pond perfect for skating and games! Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Source: Crafting
Crafted in: Workshop, Snowy Workshop
Requirements: 75 gems // 1 Holiday Ribbons, 6 Jingle Bells, 2 Snowman Orbs / 20 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowball, 4 Icicles
Events: Holiday Workshop - December 2015, Limited Edition - December 2016
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87314
Comments: A frozen piece of craftmanship by Neva. Event version crafted in 60 min.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000062.png_2v_31020.png
Snow Gate (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SnowGate)
Info: At low enough temperatures, this gate can be quite difficult to open.
Crafted in: Snowy Workshop
Size: 2x1
Royal Points: 3
Requirements: 20 gems // 10 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowball, 2 Icicles
Events: Beary Scary Blizzard - December 2016
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95891
Comments: A frozen piece of craftmanship by Neva.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb700071.png_2v_31020.png
Snowman (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Snowman)
Info: A Christmas decoration.
Requirements: 40 gems // 20 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowball, 2 Icicles
Events: Limited Edition - December 2016
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96054

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb703005.png_2v_31020.png
Snowoman (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Snowoman)
Info: A jolly snowoman dressed in the cutest of clothes.
Crafted in: Workshop, Snowy Workshop
Requirements: 60 Snowball, 5 Coal, 1 Carrot / 20 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowball, 2 Icicles
Events: Winter Ball - December 2016
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96167
Comments: A frozen piece of craftmanship by Neva.Event version crafted in 240 min.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000066.png_2v_31020.png
Snow Tower (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SnowTower)
Info: One of the coldest places to be in the kingdom.
Royal Points: 15
Requirements: 50 gems // 10 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowball, 2 Icicles

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000063.png_2v_31020.png
Snow Wall (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SnowWall)
Info: A wall so chilly that touching it can give one frostbite.
Requirements: 4000 coins // 5 Snowflakes

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000030.png_2v_31020.png
Winter Gate (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_WinterGate)
Info: A Gate for your Kingdom.
Size: 2x1
Requirements: 60000 coins // 10 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowball, 2 Icicles

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000032.png_2v_31020.png
Winter Tower (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_WinterTower)
Info: A Tower for your Kingdom.
Requirements: 30000 coins // 10 Snowflakes, 10 Icy Snowball, 2 Icicles

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000031.png_2v_31020.png
Winter Wall (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_WinterWall)
Info: A Wall for your Kingdom.
Requirements: 3000 coins // 5 Snowflakes

danzplace
01-12-17, 04:22 PM
I was hope by it was a workshop like the opening screen said. No need to stress. If I get there I get there. Good luck all.

gilachaya
01-12-17, 04:26 PM

Yes I'm getting the same glitch. I chop the tree and get no snowflakes after 16 initial from a previous step. Then the tree reappears. I too gem skipped to the 2nd day.

kolakid2
01-12-17, 05:00 PM
Have same glitch... also gem skipped to 2nd day

Zirilka
01-12-17, 05:16 PM
Not a walker (see post #45 above) but like a pet that will drop items. Who knows what though other than glimmer dust & goal items

Still pretty.

I'm just a Walker Appreciation Society. ;)

HuckleTown
01-12-17, 05:23 PM
My ice castle is 3x3

Den8137259
01-12-17, 05:24 PM
Just started Chapter One (: lol ★

meme1098
01-12-17, 05:24 PM
Still pretty.

Haha...she is quite cute.

ashley224
01-12-17, 05:26 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird that we're getting a human-looking being as a pet? LOL. So we're gonna have all of these animals... with a humanoid in their midst just sitting around waiting to be petted. :p

Yeah, me too, almost posted about how petting a fairy seemed hmm, strange?:p but didn't want anyone to think I was a weirdo. Not that anyone that reads this forum would think that:rolleyes:.... do fairies bite? :cool:

tigarlilyvol
01-12-17, 05:28 PM
Yeah, me too, almost posted about how petting a fairy seemed hmm, strange?:p but didn't want anyone to think I was a weirdo. Not that anyone that reads this forum would think that:rolleyes:.... do fairies bite? :cool:

Only if you rub their wings the wrong way.

hkcorrigan
01-12-17, 05:45 PM

Similar to Aanpa. Not a walker and has drops.

heartsfull
01-12-17, 05:48 PM
On goal 3 in chapter 2 says upgrade ice castle to level 2. So I tap on my ice castle to check the requirements for upgrading but all I get is the 16 hour countdown. Is this a glitch?

[S8] Regina
01-12-17, 05:55 PM

The issue with chopping an Icy Willow has been fixed :)

ashley224
01-12-17, 06:06 PM
Regina;1385993']The issue with chopping an Icy Willow has been fixed :)

Thank you for resolving this so quickly!

ashley224
01-12-17, 06:07 PM
Only if you rub their wings the wrong way.

I choked on my soup. Thanks for the laugh. :D

hagypagy
01-12-17, 06:27 PM
... almost posted about how petting a fairy seemed, hmm, strange? :p .... do fairies bite? :cool:

Haha yeah be careful with this fairy ... She'll give you frostbite ;)

bald1e
01-12-17, 06:27 PM
Don't know if it was a glitch, but I bought a cosy campfire for 500 coins then the second one took 150 gems. Or will I have too go to the support thread to get them back. Not a happy camper "pun intended or i will cry "

nateryd
01-12-17, 06:38 PM
How do I get the artic bear to spawn? Is it the farmhouses?

ashley224
01-12-17, 06:47 PM
Yippee, I got me an Arctic Bear to snuggle with. Four hour timer. Will post drops in the morning if someone doesn't beat me to it overnight.

ashley224
01-12-17, 06:47 PM
How do I get the artic bear to spawn? Is it the farmhouses?

Yes

ashley224
01-12-17, 06:50 PM
Don't know if it was a glitch, but I bought a cosy campfire for 500 coins then the second one took 150 gems. Or will I have too go to the support thread to get them back. Not a happy camper "pun intended or i will cry "

This was discussed in the mystery character thread. The frozen dahlias also steal gems if you buy more than two.

MIssFryd
01-12-17, 06:51 PM
Appreciate the quick response on the Icy willow problem. Works fine for me now. :)

But - when I updated the Castle all my Wood (99) in Inventory were cleaned out and one of the Cosy campfires in my queendom disappeared. Don't know if it was the one I paid gems for or the other. I would rather not start gathering 99 Woods again so can you please look into it, thank you.

I've submitted this post for checking for you...
Can you please check your inventory again and your board. Unless you had a sync error, your campfire is either pre-purchase or hiding on your board. thanks. SW

bald1e
01-12-17, 07:09 PM
This was discussed in the mystery character thread. The frozen dahlias also steal gems if you buy more than two.

It's a closed thread now. Grrrr. I was putting the campfire out when it said 500 coins so why has it taken my gems of and then it done it's usual glitch of reloading then I noticed it took my gems.

I've submitted this post for checking for you... as well. thanks, SW

kattkrazie
01-12-17, 07:15 PM
Chapter 2 - Goal 3

Upgrade Icy Castle to Level 2

Requires 50 Jewels, 99 wood, 15 golden eggs, 99 snowflakes.

coolssp
01-12-17, 07:19 PM
It's interesting that in previous storybook events, my new day would start 24 hours when I first logged in, but in last 3/4 events, it coincides with CS day. This means that I get really little time to finish the first day event. Usually the first chapter is easy unless you have to collect from buildings that have longer collection timer. Just an observation...

ladyknightkeladry
01-12-17, 07:35 PM
15 golden eggs? That's ridiculous. We're only at level 2, what are they gonna require for the rest of the upgrades?

ashley224
01-12-17, 07:44 PM
Haha yeah be careful with this fairy ... She'll give you frostbite ;)

Wow, that's hilarious too. Your sense of humour is great!:o

MIssFryd
01-12-17, 08:22 PM
Appreciate the quick response on the Icy willow problem. Works fine for me now. :)

But - when I updated the Castle all my Wood (99) in Inventory were cleaned out and one of the Cosy campfires in my queendom disappeared. Don't know if it was the one I paid gems for or the other. I would rather not start gathering 99 Woods again so can you please look into it, thank you.

Can you please check your inventory again and your board. Unless you had a sync error, your campfire is either pre-purchase or hiding on your board. thanks. SW

Thank you so much for the help SW I've now tried all I know how to try myself. Force closed, then deleted game, cleared caches and reloaded the game. Looks like the was the Campfire bought for coins I lost. Only have the option to pay for a last one so there should be 3 fires on my Board but only see two. My Wood is still gone. Only have the few I've gathered after the 99 disappeared.

ashley224
01-12-17, 08:30 PM

Chapter 2 - Goal 3

Upgrade Icy Castle to Level 2

Requires 50 Jewels, 99 wood, 15 golden eggs, 99 snowflakes.

Thank you so much for the help SW I've now tried all I know how to try myself. Force closed, then deleted game, cleared caches and reloaded the game. Looks like the was the Campfire bought for coins I lost. Only have the option to pay for a last one so there should be 3 fires on my Board but only see two. My Wood is still gone. Only have the few I've gathered after the 99 disappeared.

It appears that upgrading your castle requires 99 wood, which would explain why it is gone. Could your campfire be hiding behind your castle? Perhaps you could move your castle or pop it into storage briefly to see if your campfire is behind it.

robotparade
01-12-17, 08:31 PM
Just a suggestion for S8: maybe introduce a new character who's NOT Caucasian? Be nice to have some diversity in my kingdom.

PrincessCelestian
01-12-17, 08:54 PM
First post needs to be updated for 5 farmhouses. Not 1. I decided to go ahead and start because I could whip through the first ones and am now having to wait :-/

MIssFryd
01-12-17, 09:12 PM
It appears that upgrading your castle requires 99 wood, which would explain why it is gone. Could your campfire be hiding behind your castle? Perhaps you could move your castle or pop it into storage briefly to see if your campfire is behind it.

Oooops, my bad. I was looking at materials required for building the Castle. I didn't have anywhere to remind me and I couldn't recollect it said 99. Really appreciate you clearing this up, ashley. My only defense is that it's 5am here and still haven't slept a wink. :rolleyes: :o

But the Campfire is still gone. Can't find it hiding behind anything and I don't have the option to buy more of those you get for coins. I should've had the ooportuity to have 2 of each if I want to.

Sorry for having half the brain function tonight, SW. Seems like the only problem I have after upgrading is the missing Campfire. It's not hiding as far as I can see. I know it was placed next to the castle, but just to be sure I've tried to look behind items all around the Board where it can hide. Maybe it'll show up later? The game might be in the 5am mode, like I am. ;)

ashley224
01-12-17, 09:18 PM
Oooops, my bad. I was looking at materials required for building the Castle. I didn't have anywhere to remind me and I couldn't recollect it said 99. Really appreciate you clearing this up, ashley. My only defense is that it's 5am here and still haven't slept a wink. :rolleyes: :o

But the Campfire is still gone. Can't find it hiding behind anything and I don't have the option to buy more of those you get for coins. I should've had the ooportuity to have 2 of each if I want to.

Sorry for having half the brain function tonight, SW. Seems like the only problem I have after upgrading is the missing Campfire. It's not hiding as far as I can see. I know it was placed next to the castle, but just to be sure I've tried to look behind items all around the Board where it can hide. Maybe it'll show up later? The game might be in the 5am mode, like I am. ;)

No worries, only one campfire for coins, two frozen dahlias. Get some rest!

caron7
01-12-17, 09:44 PM
I've read through here but don't think I saw mention that the ice castle already has a timer on it, as soon as you level it up a level. No idea what it will drop... Perhaps upgrade parts? Perhaps we should try to collect from it before upgrading during day 2?

caron7
01-12-17, 09:54 PM
15 golden eggs? That's ridiculous. We're only at level 2, what are they gonna require for the rest of the upgrades?

Thought this was a pretty tough requirement, too. However, I noticed they also offered the golden mine for sale under the featured section. This drops something golden (egg, Apple or nugget) once a day. Won't help for this time, but it's an opportunity to buy if you've missed out before and have the 260 gems. Then you can be stocked up for next time!

ladyknightkeladry
01-13-17, 12:01 AM
Thought this was a pretty tough requirement, too. However, I noticed they also offered the golden mine for sale under the featured section. This drops something golden (egg, Apple or nugget) once a day. Won't help for this time, but it's an opportunity to buy if you've missed out before and have the 260 gems. Then you can be stocked up for next time!

I've got a good stock of golden eggs but I feel super bad for the lower level players. Hopefully they have a different requirement for upgrading bc that's super hard to stock up on when you're just starting out.

puzzlecatz
01-13-17, 12:56 AM

I haven't got the golden mine for sale on my board but sure would consider purchasing it this time around

puzzlecatz
01-13-17, 01:08 AM
I haven't got the golden mine for sale on my board but sure would consider purchasing it this time around

Oh. Just found it. Happy happy!

puzzlecatz
01-13-17, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know if there is any point in gathering enough fur to earn an arctic bear other than the ten snowflakes as a reward for the goal? I am not interested in another animal cluttering up my board. I already have my polar bear in storage

robotparade
01-13-17, 01:25 AM
Does anyone know if there is any point in gathering enough fur to earn an arctic bear other than the ten snowflakes as a reward for the goal? I am not interested in another animal cluttering up my board. I already have my polar bear in storage

I'm wondering this same thing - especially because my energy is needed elsewhere!

Zarabean
01-13-17, 01:26 AM
15 golden eggs to upgrade to a level 2 building? That seems like a lot!
I've been playing for almost a year and only have 9.

biartiemgi
01-13-17, 01:28 AM
My frozen dahlia gave me a blue petal �� And the cozy campfire also nothing usefull.... Does anyone know if the willows still drop snowflakes after finishing all 3 goals of chapter 2? In The last events often the "special drops" stopped in between chapters.....

puzzlecatz
01-13-17, 01:35 AM

You can craft them in the potion shop

katbtodd
01-13-17, 01:44 AM
My frozen dahlia gave me a blue petal �� And the cozy campfire also nothing usefull.... Does anyone know if the willows still drop snowflakes after finishing all 3 goals of chapter 2? In The last events often the "special drops" stopped in between chapters.....

Good question,I would like to know too!

rainsunset
01-13-17, 02:00 AM
You can craft them in the potion shop

Magic garden gives living wood. Actually many places it depends on your level. Also fairy respite, goddess tree, different stags, fawn but not always. Sawmill, Ivy's hut too

katbtodd
01-13-17, 02:09 AM

The snow flakes stop once you up grade the building

busybee222
01-13-17, 02:20 AM
15 golden eggs? Where can I get that many golden eggs?

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:27 AM
Chapter 3

I heard we potentially have a new friend in the kingdom! We should break the ice and enjoy some good 'ol winter fun. Who's up for a snowball fight?

Goal 1 - Mine a rock outcropping 0/1
(Great for cover!)

Goal 2 - Gather Icy Snowballs 0/20
(Ready, Aim, Throw!)

Goal 3 - Upgrade the Ice Castle to Level 3
(Building castles is fun!)

Upgrade requires 50 snowflakes, 50 icy snowballs, 30 living wood, 30 purple petal

Goal Prize - 5 snowflakes

RevdKathy
01-13-17, 02:31 AM
More living wood? How am I supposed to ever get my level 5 fairy bulb?

What are we going to do with the snowflakes? I see the fairy drops them so presumably they have a long term value?

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:33 AM
Chapter 4:

Ivy is quite the character, and an artist when it comes to making the perfect snowball. Come to think of it, I think we can use these icy snowballs to make snow blocks! Surely they can keep the inside of my castle cool.

Goal 1 - Clear an icy willow. 0/1
(A chilling end for this tree!) Go

Goal 2 - Make a snow block 0/1
(Pack that snow tight!) Go
This is done in the workshop. It requires 20 snowflakes, 10 icy snowballs, 1 simple glue. Craft takes 30 minutes.

Goal 3 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 4.
(It's getting there!) Build

Requires 30 glimmerdust, 30 prime cuts, 4 snow blocks, 50 snowflakes

Goal Prize - 2 snowballs

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:37 AM
Chapter 5:

I really miss the flowers from my homeland. It's not that the flowers here aren't great, the Frosty Dahlias from home just had the most beautiful Icy Petals. I wish I could decorate my new home with them!

Goal 1 - Grow Frozen Dahlias 0/2
(Purchase them in the market!) Go

Goal 2 - Gather Icy Petals 0/4
(Collect those from Frozen Dahlias!) Go

Goal 3 - Upgrade the ice castle to Level 5
(The petals are a nice touch!) Build

Requires 15 fancy blocks, 4 snow blocks, 25 icy petals, 30 blue petals.

Goal Prize - 2 icy petals

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:42 AM
Chapter 6:

Hey, so this is a bit awkward, but...uh...you remember how I said the castle needed to be colder? Now it's a little "too" cold. I'd borrow a coat but as you can see, I'm a little bit smaller than most of you around here.

Goal 1 - Start a Cozy Campfire 0/1
(Buy this in the market!) Go

Goal 2 - Gather Fire Embers 0/5
(These look hot!) Go

Goal 3 - Gather Icy Wood 0/5
(Fuel the fire!) Go

Goal 4 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 6.
(It'll be the perfect temperature in no time!)

Requires 25 icy wood, 4 snow blocks, 25 icy petals, 18 fire embers

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:46 AM
Chapter 7:

Whoa! The fire embers are causing the floors to get slippery in Neva's castle! I think I have a better solution to balance the temperature...a magical solution. Will need a few ingredients first though.

Goal 1 - Slay an Arctic Bear 0/1
(I came here to slay bears and chew bubblegum!) Fight

Goal 2 - Gather more Arctic Fur 0/1
(So soft! So warm!) Go

Goal 3 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 7

Requires 2 snow blocks, 10 arctic fur, 12 icy wood

Goal Prize - 1 arctic fur

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:51 AM
Chapter 8:

Let's whip up a batch of Ember Essence! This stuff will keep Neva warm and won't affect the ice her castle is made of. It smells really good too! Speaking of smells, the Arctic Bears seem to be attracted to the scent of the campfire! Let's fend them off.

Goal 1 - Slay an Arctic Bear 0/1
(No picnic for you, Mr. Bear!) Fight

Goal 2 - Brew Ember Essence 0/1
(Smells delicious!) Go

Ember Essence is made in the potion shop. Needs 3 fire embers, 6 icy wood, 1 arctic fur. Craft takes 2 hrs.

Goal 3 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 8.

Requires 4 snow blocks, 4 ember essence, 30 icy petals.

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:56 AM
For those who bought the frozen dahlias already, they don't start dropping icy petals until around Chapter 5. I didn't try the campfire, but it more than likely doesn't drop fire embers until later as well. Also, once they do start dropping, you won't be able to collect between chapters. So if you have extra energy, try to collect as many as possible before you finish the chapter.

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:58 AM

Maybe put out lots of chickens and use any extra energy collecting from them. If you did the parrot quest, he drops golden eggs too.

CrystalAura
01-13-17, 03:02 AM
I already bought the Frozen Dahlias and the Campfire. Will it automatically count towards the goals for the chapters 5 and 6?
I don't want to be forced to spend gems because I already bought the coin ones...

Jennerwein1
01-13-17, 03:04 AM
Thank you kattkrazie!

midninghtcm
01-13-17, 03:32 AM
Does anyone know what the castle will do? Will it serve as an extra adventure castle? I don't know if its been asked before

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 03:43 AM
I already bought the Frozen Dahlias and the Campfire. Will it automatically count towards the goals for the chapters 5 and 6?
I don't want to be forced to spend gems because I already bought the coin ones...

The dahlias and campfire will count in the later chapters. It will autocomplete.

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 03:48 AM
Thank you kattkrazie!

;)

Zirilka
01-13-17, 04:47 AM
Griffin and griffin nest (from the previous events) drop golden eggs pretty often so if you are short on eggs make sure to place them on board.

SpiritWind00
01-13-17, 05:03 AM
Post 1 updated - thanks kattkrazie! I probably won't start this even till it auto starts so, I'm afraid I won't be of much help with advice with this event. Glad to see the chapters recorded so far are bug free :) thanks again...

brogansmom
01-13-17, 05:18 AM
Griffin and griffin nest (from the previous events) drop golden eggs pretty often so if you are short on eggs make sure to place them on board.

Is it the nest or the roost? I put a nest on the board, and it had no option to collec - or a timer.

Already feeling a little defeated just by the golden egg requirement; that will take forever, and I already have 7.

Also, I began this quest yesterday, and this morning it sYs I only have 8 days left to finish, not 9. Where did my extra day go?

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 05:21 AM
Thank you.. this is very important to know for who wants to stock-up before finishing the day.

We're talking about rare drops.. so will be difficult and energy consuming if you didnt have any before. But chickens, Hatcheries and the other suggestions mentioned above as rare drops.
Easiest way to collect is to get the Gold Mine sold for gems, which even if seems expensive, is an excellent price and will resolve all your future gold item collections. Everyday, 22hr timer, it drops one gold item: egg, apple or nugget, along with the possibility of exclusive limited edition drops. It's a valuable investment allowing you also make your own 5gems exchange a day in the Exchange.

What are we going to do with the snowflakes? I see the fairy drops them so presumably they have a long term value?

No rush with the Fairy Bulb.. it doesn't give much drops after. However you can make your own LivingWood (20Wood, 10WhitePetals, 5Water/15minutes) in the PotionShop quicker without wasting much energy hopelessly chopping trees or waiting for the LivingWood gem tree to mature.
For the Fairy drops.. they could change after event is over, into something we need.

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 05:26 AM
Is it the nest or the roost? I put a nest on the board, and it had no option to collec - or a timer.

Already feeling a little defeated just by the golden egg requirement; that will take forever, and I already have 7.

Also, I began this quest yesterday, and this morning it sYs I only have 8 days left to finish, not 9. Where did my extra day go?
Not the Roost.. the Griffin's nest if you have it and any Griffins.. they drop GoldEggs too. Get lots of Chickens out.. their drop is the best as you can try more times in the day.

caron7
01-13-17, 05:34 AM

Living wood is dropping from the ice willows as well. I seem to be getting two on average. And you will be chopping a lot of ice willows for snowflakes!

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 05:38 AM
So much for that - the gold mine vanished already. They could have left it up for 24 hours at least.

PrincessCelestian
01-13-17, 05:39 AM

We have been asking for ages for s8 to do something with golden eggs so that we can get rid of backed up inventory. It's always golden nuggets they want. They finally listened.

PrincessCelestian
01-13-17, 05:46 AM
Still pretty.

Yeah. It would be nice to have a pretty fairy fluttering around the kingdom to offset crazy eyes. Sigh. I guess so many people complaining about their kingdoms getting too crowded ****ed it for those of us that enjoy them. I am kinda getting tired of the forum. It's always so negative now. As soon as a new event begins the complaints start. If you don't want another walker, don't play the event. Problem solved. But don't ruin it for those of us that enjoy having new people walking around our kingdoms.

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 05:51 AM
Yeah. It would be nice to have a pretty fairy fluttering around the kingdom to offset crazy eyes. Sigh. I guess so many people complaining about their kingdoms getting too crowded ****ed it for those of us that enjoy them. I am kinda getting tired of the forum. It's always so negative now. As soon as a new event begins the complaints start. If you don't want another walker, don't play the event. Problem solved. But don't ruin it for those of us that enjoy having new people walking around our kingdoms.

If they went by what the forums said we would have a gem confirmation button by now. They just did two walkers so they switched to something else.

Lyzau
01-13-17, 05:51 AM
Not the Roost.. the Griffin's nest if you have it and any Griffins.. they drop GoldEggs too. Get lots of Chickens out.. their drop is the best as you can try more times in the day.

It's definitely the Roost (level 5) that drops the golden eggs. The Nest is deco only.

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 06:07 AM
So much for that - the gold mine vanished already. They could have left it up for 24 hours at least.
Look in Features.. I still have it there.

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 06:21 AM
It's definitely the Roost (level 5) that drops the golden eggs. The Nest is deco only.
The ForgottenRoost has rare drops of DragonEggs.. not GoldEggs. However I have checked the nest and you're right. I don't usually keep it out due to lack of space, but it doesn't have drops anymore.
Just concentrate on the normal chickens and Hatcheries then.. hoping for the best. You will need to collect each time they are ready to have profit. Also.. getting the GoldMine, if possible, would be a great help.

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 06:24 AM
Look in Features.. I still have it there.

Oooh, thanks! Found it. And bought it!

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 06:25 AM
A SPECIAL BIG 'THANKS' to kattkrazie's steps ahead.. sooooo useful being able to prepare and plan ahead.. makes difficult things become easy! :p

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 06:32 AM
Max cap of SnowFlakes in the Inventory is 200!

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 06:33 AM

I got two clicking on pink chickens so it looks like they're giving them out more for this event.

ashley224
01-13-17, 06:36 AM
It is the Griffin Roost that drops the golden eggs.

Arctic Bear first drop a jewel.

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 06:46 AM

What does Arctic Bear look like? Not sure I want one.

lilymonster4
01-13-17, 06:49 AM
I hope the campfire will drop more than one ember at a time because if we need 18 in chapter 6 and it only drops one every two hours I won't be able to complete that chapter in time because I'm not gonna buy another campfire with gems

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 06:52 AM

Oh yes.. found that in inventory under Buildings.. that too I keep stored due to lack of space. It has a 6hr timer.
However 15GoldEggs for players who have no stock is difficult finding.
Luckily it's on Day2 GoldEggs are needed, and the days that follow are very, very easy.. so even if you lag behind it's possible to catch up again.
Good Luck to those Golden Egg hunters.

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 06:55 AM
I notice ice castle has a timer - what are the drops?

Lyzau
01-13-17, 07:02 AM
The ForgottenRoost has rare drops of DragonEggs.. not GoldEggs.

Not Forgotten Roost.... GRIFFIN ROOST!

The GRIFFIN ROOST level 5 drops golden eggs.

jodi0122
01-13-17, 07:08 AM
Not Forgotten Roost.... GRIFFIN ROOST!

The GRIFFIN ROOST level 5 drops golden eggs.

For the life of me I can't find my Griffin Roost... what does it look like? :confused:

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 07:09 AM
I hope the campfire will drop more than one ember at a time because if we need 18 in chapter 6 and it only drops one every two hours I won't be able to complete that chapter in time because I'm not gonna buy another campfire with gems
I'm not planning on buying one with gems either.
I do events because I love the challange of being able to finish without the use of gems. Luckily I have the secret weapons.. time and energy. I'll put in extra-time, even using timer, to collect much more ember and energy-wise I should have enough. Thanks to our 'precious speeders'.. it's possible.

Lyzau
01-13-17, 07:09 AM
For the life of me I can't find my Griffin Roost... what does it look like? :confused:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92730-Castle-Story-7-07-Update-A-Grand-Migration-(TIMED-OPTIONAL)-*goals-in-post-1*&p=1318398&viewfull=1#post1318398

link to Shibuya's pics

I think it's under buildings!

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 07:12 AM

Look under 'Buildings' in your Inventory. If you did the Griffin Event you should have it. I completely forgot about it as stored immediately.. it's an ugly pile of sticks and stones.. lol! Gold Eggs were a RARE drop however.. there's just a chance

Griffin Roost (limited timed event goal, level 17+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
Info: A roost for Griffins to call home. Upgrade to level 5 and summon a royal Griffin to your Kingdom!
Collection time: 6 hours
Speed up: 12 gems
Drops: Golden Egg, Griffin Egg, Roast Chicken, Stone, Wheat
Cost: 500 coin

Golden egg
Found: hatchery, chickens, Glimmeregg Bunny, Fireworks Griffin, Golden Mine, Griffin Roost, Royal Griffin, Parrot, Griffina (Baron's tent)

lilymonster4
01-13-17, 07:18 AM
I'm not planning on buying one with gems either.
I do events because I love the challange of being able to finish without the use of gems. Luckily I have the secret weapons.. time and energy. I'll put in extra-time, even using timer, to collect much more ember and energy-wise I should have enough. Thanks to our 'precious speeders'.. it's possible.

I love the challenge too, I never spend gems during events and I too have time and energy but I don't see how I can collect 18 embers from one campfire with 2 hr timer on it in one day. What do you mean by 'precious speeders'? Are you talking about the boosts? And if yes, which one? You sound so confident, teach me your ways please =)

caron7
01-13-17, 07:25 AM
I've read through here but don't think I saw mention that the ice castle already has a timer on it, as soon as you level it up a level. No idea what it will drop... Perhaps upgrade parts? Perhaps we should try to collect from it before upgrading during day 2?

I collected from this and received just 1000 coins. Rather disappointing, but pays for more ice willows I guess ... Now I have a 16 hour timer on the level 3 castle.

judafarm
01-13-17, 07:29 AM
On page 1 I read by chapter 2 that the glich is fixed...Well...it's NOT...

After I upgrade the Ice Castle to level 2, I onle get wood from the Icy Willow and NOT SNOWFLAKES anymore :(

meme1098
01-13-17, 07:36 AM

After I upgrade the Ice Castle to level 2, I onle get wood from the Icy Willow and NOT SNOWFLAKES anymore :(

Are they needed still for the next chapter? Drops usually stop after the chapter needing them is done. Once the requirement returns, I'm sure the drops will as well.:) This is why the suggestion is made to gather extras before you finish a chapter.

Thanks, Katt, for giving us all the steps in advance! I'm letting mine auto start...Sunday I think it is.

ktorewqas
01-13-17, 07:38 AM
Chapter 6:

Hey, so this is a bit awkward, but...uh...you remember how I said the castle needed to be colder? Now it's a little "too" cold. I'd borrow a coat but as you can see, I'm a little bit smaller than most of you around here.

Goal 1 - Start a Cozy Campfire 0/1
(Buy this in the market!) Go

Goal 2 - Gather Fire Embers 0/5
(These look hot!) Go

Goal 3 - Gather Icy Wood 0/5
(Fuel the fire!) Go

Goal 4 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 6.
(It'll be the perfect temperature in no time!)

Requires 25 icy wood, 4 snow blocks, 25 icy petals, 18 fire embers

Thank you Katt <3 might I ask what's the recipe for icy wood? Thanks again and again :D

lilymonster4
01-13-17, 07:39 AM

That's how it always is with events. They'll only drop snowflakes when you have an active goal that requires them that's why it's helpful to chop, chop and collect extra snowflakes before completing a goal or upgrading a castle. That way you'll have a head start on the next goal that will require them. Icy willows will start to drop snowflakes again when you get another goal that will require them. I've read that you can have up to 200 in your inventory so if you have the energy it's good to get extra.

ashley224
01-13-17, 07:43 AM

This is not a glitch and it was already discussed.

Zirilka
01-13-17, 07:59 AM
Look under 'Buildings' in your Inventory. If you did the Griffin Event you should have it. I completely forgot about it as stored immediately.. it's an ugly pile of sticks and stones.. lol! Gold Eggs were a RARE drop however.. there's just a chance

Griffin Roost (limited timed event goal, level 17+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
Info: A roost for Griffins to call home. Upgrade to level 5 and summon a royal Griffin to your Kingdom!

Golden egg
Found: hatchery, chickens, Glimmeregg Bunny, Fireworks Griffin, Golden Mine, Griffin Roost, Royal Griffin, Parrot, Griffina (Baron's tent)

Yup, it is this one. I have it on my board as it looks well in the rocky wilderness area of my queendom and in a result I'm maxed on golden eggs.

I consider 15 golden eggs a reasonable request; they are by far the most frequent drop of all the golden items. I believe that lower level players might find it challenging but it is doable. Have all the chickens, the roost and the griffin and pester them consistently and you should be fine. Good luck everyone!

ashley224
01-13-17, 08:01 AM
Thank you Katt <3 might I ask what's the recipe for icy wood? Thanks again and again :D

I think Krazie Katt will be having a Krazie Katt Knap after all her hard work...hopefully we will get the answer in maybe, hmm 16 hrs. :o Katt, we all appreciate that you forge ahead and share the info with the rest of us. I think they need to add the option to use that loving kitty emoji just for you. Sweet kitty dreams Katt.

Thank you to everyone who supports our success by posting helpful, positive or funny things. Every laugh along the way makes the journey so much more enjoyable. Castle Story wouldn't be the same without you.

meme1098
01-13-17, 08:03 AM
I think Krazie Katt will be having a Krazie Katt Knap after all her hard work...hopefully we will get the answer in maybe, hmm 16 hrs. :o Katt, we all appreciate that you forge ahead and share the info with the rest of us. I think they need to add the option to use that loving kitty emoji just for you. Sweet kitty dreams Katt.

Thank you to everyone who supports our success by posting helpful, positive or funny things. Every laugh along the way makes the journey so much more enjoyable. Castle Story wouldn't be the same without you.

2nd this! 😸

jodi0122
01-13-17, 08:06 AM

Golden egg

I did the Griffin Event because I do have the royal Griffin (which just now dropped a golden egg..) but I still can't locate the Griffin Roost anywhere...

ashley224
01-13-17, 08:06 AM
2nd this! ��
Hey, I beg you to share the secret of posting a kitty emoji! Teach me, please!

Oh no! I wiped it out!

HuckleTown
01-13-17, 08:25 AM
Well, it was fun while it lasted...there is no way as a level 26 that I will collect enough golden eggs to move past goal 2 of chapter 2. Thanks anyway S8.

jodi0122
01-13-17, 09:05 AM
Well, it was fun while it lasted...there is no way as a level 26 that I will collect enough golden eggs to move past goal 2 of chapter 2. Thanks anyway S8.

For future reference, make sure you have plenty of chickens out to collect from every day, they often drop golden eggs

jodi0122
01-13-17, 09:11 AM
I did the Griffin Event because I do have the royal Griffin (which just now dropped a golden egg..) but I still can't locate the Griffin Roost anywhere...

Never mind, I found it.. thanks!

Zirilka
01-13-17, 09:11 AM

Please note that Katt is a level 50 player and so she gives us the goals for high level players, lower levels might have different requirements as it was often the case during previous event. Do not give up so easily.

ashley224
01-13-17, 09:24 AM
Please note that Katt is a level 50 player and so she gives us the goals for high level players, lower levels might have different requirements as it was often the case during previous event. Do not give up so easily.

Excellent point! If any lower level players have received different requirements, please bravely post them.

S8, thank you for putting the 15 golden eggs for level 2 rather than one of the highest levels. This change has often been requested on the forum. It gives players time to collect the eggs. And thank you for golden eggs rather than golden nuggets.

meme1098
01-13-17, 09:26 AM
Hey, I beg you to share the secret of posting a kitty emoji! Teach me, please!

Oh no! I wiped it out!

That's ok...don't think the quote carries it over.

I type my post with emojis. Then tap the post quickly button. It doesn't show up right away so tap Edit Post and then Save. 90% of the time the emoji will then show ... but if you need to edit again it becomes an edit & post nightmare...lol

Give it a try next time you post or even edit your post right above here.

I know I'm off-topic, SW.
So...the goals look pretty easy so far & a mirror image of the last few storybook events so, hopefully neighbor requests will be no more than 20 this time either.

AnisWa
01-13-17, 09:45 AM
The Faerie Tea Party,also,randomly drops living wood.

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 09:45 AM
I love the challenge too, I never spend gems during events and I too have time and energy but I don't see how I can collect 18 embers from one campfire with 2 hr timer on it in one day. What do you mean by 'precious speeders'? Are you talking about the boosts? And if yes, which one? You sound so confident, teach me your ways please =)

Yes.. I'm confident.. even if we must work hard and be constant. But that's our 'challange' if we wish the IcyFairy and IcyCastle.
'Precious Speeders' are the players who use gems to speed ahead.. so we normal players know what to prepare and if any difficulties, so we have the time to plan ahead.
I didn't mean 'boosts'.. but during an event, but anytime you use the WorkShop, PotionShop, Kitchen and whatever else a boost can help.. use it! Certainly not for the 5minutes.. but anything 1hr or over.
AND YES!!!
Chapter6 looks simple but does have tricks and difficulties requiring the 18! Fire Embers.. but I see we will be able to overcome. Yes, we will go into panic, as we will need more time than what's stated but flows into days with little to do.

This is planning with receiving only ONE FireEmber per collection, which is the WORST possibility. (We'll keep positive thinking and hope for more drops each collection ;) )
Let's look at the requirements... my CS-day starts at 9:00 and like you, I organize my own time and have energy I need. For those who have working hrs.. if they can't do without having the IcyFairy and Castle must buy the 2nd Campfire, so they can double their collection.. or gem carefully ahead when they have to skip collections.

I'll post later timetable of how it can be planned as have to make corrections and time changes.

ADDING:
As it has been reported.. the Campfire drops are multiple.. 1, 2, 3.. it's no use calculating how much time is needed and when to collect as will take less time than one drop each time. This good news however helps us to go through Chapter6 quicker than we thought even though we have to do continuous collections to keep up with the requests also in Chapter8 for BrewingEssence.

Do remember to prepare ALL materials for upgrade BEFOREHAND.. and FILL your inventory of materials offered in the various chapters.

Good Luck to all.. it'll be hard work.

ADDING:
Reports also of drops of 4 from the Campfire.. even better! :)

8pry8
01-13-17, 09:59 AM
Yes.. I'm confident.. even if we must work hard and be constant. But that's our 'challange' if we wish the IcyFairy and IcyCastle.
'Precious Speeders' are the players who use gems to speed ahead.. so we normal players know what to prepare and if any difficulties, so we have the time to plan ahead.
I didn't mean 'boosts'.. but during an event, anytime you use the WorkShop, PotionShop, Kitchen and whatever else a boost can help.. use it! Certainly not for the 5minutes.. but anything 1hr or over.
AND YES!!!
Chapter6 looks simple but does have tricks and difficulties requiring the 18 Fire Embers.. but I see we will be able to overcome. Yes, we will go into panic, as we will need more days than what's stated.
This is planning with receiving only ONE FireEmber per collection, which is the worst possibility. (We'll keep positive thinking and hope for more drops each collection ;) )
Let's look at the requirements... my CS-day starts at 9:00 and like you, I organize my own time and have energy I need. For those who have working hrs.. if they can't do without having the IcyFairy and Castle must buy the 2nd Campfire, so they can double their collection.. or gem carefully ahead when they have to skip collections.

Chapter 6:
9:00am Goal 1 - Place Cozy Campfire 0/1
9:00am Goal 2 - Gather Fire Embers 0/5 (timer every 2hrs)
11:00am FireEmber1
1:00pm FireEmber2
3:00pm FireEmber3
5:00pm FireEmber4
7:00pm FireEmber5

7:00pm Goal 3 - Gather IcyWood 0/5

Goal 4 - Upgrade the IceCastle to level 6. (Requires 25IcyWood, 4SnowBlocks, 25IcyPetals, 18FireEmbers)

Here.. we must hope that the 5FireEmbers collected before is counted as part of the 18 we will need to upgrade.. so assume we will need 13. The other materials needed for the upgrade of the IceCastle we must prepare while waiting for the Campfire during waiting time.

9:00pm FireEmber6
11:00pm FireEmber7.. and let's call it bedtime!!!

Next Day.. I usually wake at...
6:00am FireEmber8
8:00am FireEmber9
10:00am FireEmber10
12:00am FireEmber11
13:00pm FireEmber13

3:00pm Now we start Chapter7!!! Hoping the first 5Embers counted.. or else we have to only continue collecting :( or have been collecting more if it's a multi-drop collection and way ahead on time :)

Chapter 7:
3:00pm Goal 1 - Slay an Arctic Bear 0/1
3:00pm Goal 2 - Gather more Arctic Fur 0/1
3:30pm Goal 3 - Upgrade the IcyCastle to level 7 (requires: 2SnowBlocks, 10 ArcticFur, 12IcyWood)

Here we must again prepare what's required for upgrade7 during the waiting we have.. filling inventory to max of whichever materials are offered in whatever chapter. I'm sure we can get through the upgrade7 before 9:00am the next morning and we'll be on-time for Chapter8 :) :) :)

Hope I haven't confused you and you're more confident too... I have only roughly planned this out and of course necessary changes are possible as Chapter6 is still far away.

I see no reason why the 5 collected fire ember should not count for upgrade ... BUT ... the If I see it right .. chapter 6 is the first chapter where we could collect fire ember ... therefore, you have to collect in total 18 .. your time line goes only up to 13 (or you have to start with number 1 instead of 6)

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 10:06 AM
I see no reason why the 5 collected fire ember should not count for upgrade ... BUT ... the If I see it right .. chapter 6 is the first chapter where we could collect fire ember ... therefore, you have to collect in total 18 .. your time line goes only up to 13 (or you have to start with number 1 instead of 6)

You are correct.. I collected only 13 so will have other 5Embers to do.
I will correct post.

EDIT:
Ember drops are multi: 1 to 3 at each collection. Hoping we get alot of 3's so speeds up the timetable! ;)

ADDING:
Drops of 4 reported! :)

artemis78rh
01-13-17, 10:18 AM
Wow 15 golden eggs that's a hefty price! I'm just thankful they aren't asking for any golden nuggets.

Sawabugh
01-13-17, 10:26 AM
The Golden Egg requirement is most likely going to keep a ton of us stuck at the beginning.

Sorry to sound gloomy...just feeling defeated again (regular occurrence on this game lol maybe wrong game for me)

I have a hard time finishing any quest on this game as it is so I don't have the items from previous quests that drop golden eggs.

I'm level 33 and have 8 golden eggs in inventory. Chickens will be my only very small chance so since this will take so long I'm thinking why bother even trying?

I'd hate to give up rare golden eggs toward something I won't finish again. Every single quest just becomes a huge gem trap. Hardest game (for me) of all TL.

DMVdoll
01-13-17, 10:36 AM
Hi all :)

As I'm stocking up on blue & purple pedals from flowers I have yet to see a single spellbound dew. It dawned on me I only get them from Ivy's hut.
Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a glitch?

caron7
01-13-17, 11:22 AM

It says to gather icy wood, so I think it will drop from somewhere rather than be a recipe?

29vanilla
01-13-17, 11:44 AM
What is the date when the event automatically begins?

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 12:09 PM

When you get to the chapter that needs icy wood, it drops from the icy willow along with the snowflakes.

Also, the campfire drops multiple fire embers. I usually got 2 but got 3 as well sometimes.

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 12:15 PM

Please keep in mind that I'm a level 50 player. Lower levels might not need 15 golden eggs.

Oops, I now see that others have answered this. At least our answers are consistent. Good luck, everyone. The early chapters are really easy.

kimmysue123
01-13-17, 12:32 PM
Where do we get icy snowballs for chapter 3?

8pry8
01-13-17, 12:39 PM
I'm only since some days at the point to collect spellbound dew and I recognize that it particularly drop from Ivy's hut ... and only once I registered that it drops from a red flower (but I have to say that I don't be always very careful to look from where it drops).

And also from me ... a BIG BIG THANK to Kattkrazie, to SpiritWind00 and to all others who help!!

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 12:55 PM
Where do we get icy snowballs for chapter 3?

Icy snowballs come from chopping the large rock outcropping. The drop rate is good, about 10 per rock.

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 12:59 PM
Hey, Ashley. I'm only getting 1 arctic fur per bear. Did you ever notice getting more than one fur? Also, have you collected from the bear yet? I'm curious what he drops.

TerraRanomi
01-13-17, 01:37 PM
Spooky trees also drop Living Wood, sometimes. ;)

HuckleTown
01-13-17, 01:53 PM
Yup, it is this one. I have it on my board as it looks well in the rocky wilderness area of my queendom and in a result I'm maxed on golden eggs.

I consider 15 golden eggs a reasonable request; they are by far the most frequent drop of all the golden items. I believe that lower level players might find it challenging but it is doable. Have all the chickens, the roost and the griffin and pester them consistently and you should be fine. Good luck everyone!i pester the chickens and coop everytime they are available and I have only gotten 11 since starting Castle Story (2 have been used for quests). I don't see getting 6 more in time to complete this quest.

Edit: Another poster suggested this too. For the past 3 weeks, I have been using eggs like crazy in the Royal exchange to earn trade tickets. I have 5 chickens and collect from them every time I open my game.

I know that am the minimum level (26) for this quest so it wasn't going to be easy but I do believe it is unattainable since I am stuck on Chapter 2 already.

Thanks Kat for plowing ahead for the rest of us. Enjoy those that are participating.

ktorewqas
01-13-17, 02:19 PM
When you get to the chapter that needs icy wood, it drops from the icy willow along with the snowflakes.

Also, the campfire drops multiple fire embers. I usually got 2 but got 3 as well sometimes.thank you, thank you 😘

Newsuez
01-13-17, 02:28 PM
Good news, drop rate on golden eggs has been increased I have gotten 5 in the last few hours! Get tending those chucks if your low on golden eggs! I'm a level 45 player and only had 7 earlier... now 12!

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 02:40 PM
Spooky trees also drop Living Wood, sometimes. ;)

For those who have fawns, they consistently drop living wood.

ashley224
01-13-17, 02:44 PM
Hey, Ashley. I'm only getting 1 arctic fur per bear. Did you ever notice getting more than one fur? Also, have you collected from the bear yet? I'm curious what he drops.

Hello Krazie, to date I have battled 58 Arctic Bears and received 1 and only 1 fur from each. My bear drops have been
1st collection 1 jewel
2nd collection 1 silver and a black flag for white petal.
🤔 I may have missed the black flag for the first collection as I was intently staring at my bear.

ashley224
01-13-17, 02:49 PM
Hmm, I broke the first post:rolleyes:, Trying again, this one is special for you, Katt

jav0709
01-13-17, 03:11 PM
Has any one else experienced polar bear extinction today?

mellisama
01-13-17, 03:16 PM
30 prime cuts? I only have 13 it will take forever once again...:mad:

msmorg
01-13-17, 03:32 PM
Im so lost! I have only two goals available called It's a trap and A Not so grizzly Encounter. I don't have any ice castle goals and your comments don't seem relevant to these two bear goals I have.

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 03:33 PM
As it has been reported.. the Campfire drops are multiple.. 1, 2, 3.. it's no use calculating how much time is needed and when to collect as will take less time than one drop each time. This food news however helps us to go through Chapter6 quicker than we thought even though we have to do continuous collections to keep up with the requests also in Chapter8 for BrewingEssence.

Do we have to be at a certain chapter to get the right drop off the campfire or does it come anytime?

riverly
01-13-17, 03:36 PM
Im so lost! I have only two goals available called It's a trap and A Not so grizzly Encounter. I don't have any ice castle goals and your comments don't seem relevant to these two bear goals I have.you have to begin storybook. It's upper right corner and it should say begin- I think.

bald1e
01-13-17, 03:37 PM
It's a closed thread now. Grrrr. I was putting the campfire out when it said 500 coins so why has it taken my gems of and then it done it's usual glitch of reloading then I noticed it took my gems.

I've submitted this post for checking for you... as well. thanks, SW

Thanks for the help SW. I sent in a request to S8 support and I have been reimbursed my gems.
And thank you S8 support team for dealing with my problem quickly.

So don't give up hope if you accidentally bought the campfire.

ashley224
01-13-17, 03:38 PM
Im so lost! I have only two goals available called It's a trap and A Not so grizzly Encounter. I don't have any ice castle goals and your comments don't seem relevant to these two bear goals I have.

It's a storybook goal, icon should be on upper right side of your kingdom.

Riverly is faster.:cool:

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 03:40 PM
Do we have to be at a certain chapter to get the right drop off the campfire or does it come anytime?

as usual.. it has to be at the right chapter

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 03:49 PM
Hi all :)

As I'm stocking up on blue & purple pedals from flowers I have yet to see a single spellbound dew. It dawned on me I only get them from Ivy's hut.
Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a glitch?
no glitch.. collecting spellbound dews from flowers are rare-rarer-rarest all together! Ivy's Hut gives and the best resource is the SpellboundFlower which makes you max out if you forget to check

ashley224
01-13-17, 03:52 PM

Is there another monster hiding in your queendom?

royaldrangoness
01-13-17, 04:00 PM
Do icy willows drop living wood by chance?

msmorg
01-13-17, 04:01 PM
you have to begin storybook. It's upper right corner and it should say begin- I think.
Oh geez I feel dumb! Now I see it. Thank you

SpiritWind00
01-13-17, 04:16 PM
Auto start date is 1/15 :)

If this applies to you, please submit a ticket to Support and PM the ticket number to Meowmeowbeans (https://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=128452)
* with the Campfire, the game will prevent users from buying more than one of the 500 Coins ones. The only way to get a second one is to go to the Market and buy the one with Gems after buying the Coin one. Meowmeowbeans has verified that it isn't possible to buy a second Campfire from the purchase options on the coin one. If you think you did use gems, please follow instructions above.

MoonVillage3
01-13-17, 04:28 PM
For those who have fawns, they consistently drop living wood.
The BiddingBooth also drops LivingWood

HuckleTown
01-13-17, 04:35 PM
Good news, drop rate on golden eggs has been increased I have gotten 5 in the last few hours! Get tending those chucks if your low on golden eggs! I'm a level 45 player and only had 7 earlier... now 12!

Like the last event, the drop rate is better for some than others. I've tended 20 chicks in the last few hours, nothing:(. Congrats to you:)

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 04:41 PM
Hmm, I broke the first post:rolleyes:, Trying again, this one is special for you, Katt

Lol. That sound you hear is me purring...

HuckleTown
01-13-17, 04:42 PM

Only 1 today, so definitely endangered species (and no other monsters)

jav0709
01-13-17, 04:50 PM
Finally got a bear. Plenty of other fangbeat today bears must have hibernating today

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 04:57 PM
Chapter 9:

I see the construction of my castle has caused quite the stir in your kingdom and others. How can we blame them? It *is* pretty magnificent. Maybe you could introduce me to the neighboring kingdoms? Not to worry, we'll get back to work as soon as we get back!

Goal 1 - Visit neighboring kingdoms 0/50
(A proper introduction is in order!)

Goal 2 - Ask for Builders Permits 0/20
(Time for the paperwork!)
Ask for these from your neighbors.

Goal 3 - This autocompleted for me, but it was probably to collect icicles. Icicles now drop from the rock outcroppings along with the icy snowballs.

Goal 4 - Again, this autocompleted. I'm sure it was to make an ice beam. I made 2 ahead of time which you can do as well to fly through this step. Ice beams are crafted in the workshop. You'll need 1 snow block, 3 fire embers, 2 icicles. Takes 1 hr.

Goal 5 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 9.

Requires 5 ember essence, 30 icy petals, 3 ice beams.

You can collect the icicles and craft the ice beams while waiting for the neighbor requests to come back. And don't forget to use the eleven boosts to cut crafting time in half.

mikepastry
01-13-17, 05:13 PM
Storm 8: the 15 golden egg requirement is NOT DOABLE for lower level players! I just have several friends who are below level 30 and during the entire time of playing this game they have accumulated only several golden eggs. Today they have purchased a crazy number of chickens and have religiously collected from chickens, hatcheries, some have fireworks griffins and got NO GOLDEN EGGS! I am personally maxed on golden eggs and have nothing to complain about, but I think this is very unfair to lower level players to have a requirement like this one! SPRITWIND, if possible, could you please ask S8 staff if they could change the requirement for lower level players, so that more people could enjoy and finish this event? Thanks!

vitorfelix31
01-13-17, 05:25 PM
Storm 8: the 15 golden egg requirement is NOT DOABLE for lower level players! I just have several friends who are below level 30 and during the entire time of playing this game they have accumulated only several golden eggs. Today they have purchased a crazy number of chickens and have religiously collected from chickens, hatcheries, some have fireworks griffins and got NO GOLDEN EGGS! I am personally maxed on golden eggs and have nothing to complain about, but I think this is very unfair to lower level players to have a requirement like this one! SPRITWIND, if possible, could you please ask S8 staff if they could change the requirement for lower level players, so that more people could enjoy and finish this event? Thanks!

Less golden eggs for all s8 players, please. Today I spent all my energy in chickens and the k I got was 1 gold egg, 500 energy = 1 gold egg, please s8 so please i do not pass level 2 ,,,

vitorfelix31
01-13-17, 05:32 PM
Golden eggs and a very rare item to find, so it's unfair for such an item to pass level. Who has them can do the event. Who does not have them, it's not worth starting the event. This is unfair because it is a rare item:confused:

malosagu
01-13-17, 06:02 PM
Every challenge I have ATM requires 10-40 Living woods, without the Living Tree, it takes nearly a week to get enough for one challenge never mind 4... chopping trees no longer seems to yield any... I've been crafting them as often as I can... and collecting from my wood mill (forget exact name) as often as I can... where else can I get them...? HELP 😩 please... thanks J

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 06:18 PM
Chapter 10:

Wow, the people who speak of this kingdom weren't kidding when they said it had a kind ruler. You've welcomed me to your home and built me a beautiful place to call my own. What's this...? More gifts? You shouldn't have!

Goal 1 - Give hearty feasts 0/2
(This was delicious!) Give
The ones in inventory count so you can craft them ahead of time.

Goal 2 - Give truffles 0/10
(Yum!) Give
The ones in inventory count.

Goal 3 - Gather icy petals 0/5
(Awww, you remembered!) Gather

Goal 4 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 10.
(Home sweet home!) Build

Requires 2 snow blocks, 30 icy petals, 5 ember essence, 3 ice beams.

After the upgrade, you'll get a congratulations message and Neva is in your inventory.

ashley224
01-13-17, 06:25 PM
Every challenge I have ATM requires 10-40 Living woods, without the Living Tree, it takes nearly a week to get enough for one challenge never mind 4... chopping trees no longer seems to yield any... I've been crafting them as often as I can... and collecting from my wood mill (forget exact name) as often as I can... where else can I get them...? HELP  please... thanks J

Can be gifted as well. If you can't see the photo, go to the hub, under inventory guide, living wood.
Already answered in post 25.

danzplace
01-13-17, 06:35 PM
Thanks Kat for forging ahead!

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 06:40 PM

A Warm Welcome to the Queen

Visit the cottage (give her a tour of the kingdom) 0/2

Visit the conservatory (What fun!) 0/2

Serve Neva a Hearty Feast (All that flying builds up an appetite!) 0/1

Reward is the Snowy Workshop and Part II begins.

redbullangel
01-13-17, 07:01 PM

At least I know early that I'm out. My secondary kingdom is out, I mean. Level 43, and no gold eggs in inventory. There's no way I'm spending 1200 gems on level 2 alone. No value for me there. I'll still be a good neighbor and visit, send living wood and send the items needed from neighbors. Y'all enjoy.

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 07:04 PM
Thanks Kat for forging ahead!

You're welcome. I think this was very doable. S8 made chapter 10 fast and easy in case you have to wait on neighbor requests. It appears that they have listened to our concerns. And no adventures in this event. I used gems to open chapters, but did all of the collecting and crafting in each chapter. Overall, a great event in my opinion.

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 07:24 PM
Golden eggs and a very rare item to find, so it's unfair for such an item to pass level. Who has them can do the event. Who does not have them, it's not worth starting the event. This is unfair because it is a rare item:confused:

The only good thing is that they required them at the start of the quest. I've had them require these items after you've gotten practically to the end and surrendered countless resources. Then there's no way to finish and you've wasted resources and time. I don't think there should be rare drops in timed competitions.

PJBastian13
01-13-17, 07:25 PM
Chapter 9:

Goal 1 - Visit neighboring kingdoms 0/50
(A proper introduction is in order!)

Goal 2 - Ask for Builders Permits 0/20
(Time for the paperwork!)
Ask for these from your neighbors.

Goal 3 - This autocompleted for me, but it was probably to collect icicles. Icicles now drop from the rock outcroppings along with the icy snowballs.

Goal 4 - Again, this autocompleted. I'm sure it was to make an ice beam. I made 2 ahead of time which you can do as well to fly through this step. Ice beams are crafted in the workshop. You'll need 1 snow block, 3 fire embers, 2 icicles. Takes 1 hr.

Goal 5 - Upgrade the ice castle to level 9.

Requires 5 ember essence, 30 icy petals, 3 ice beams.

You can collect the icicles and craft the ice beams while waiting for the neighbor requests to come back. And don't forget to use the eleven boosts to cut crafting time in half.

Apologies if I missed this...where do we get icicles from?

The goal says: Icicles now drop from the rock outcroppings along with the icy snowballs. SW.

TerraRanomi
01-13-17, 07:31 PM
I've calculated the total amount of snowballs, snowflakes, etc. required for the Ice Castle (thank you kattkrazie for posting all the chapters!). So if anyone?s interested, I'll copy/paste the list here.

ashley224
01-13-17, 07:43 PM
I've calculated the total amount of snowballs, snowflakes, etc. required for the Ice Castle (thank you kattkrazie for posting all the chapters!). So if anyone?s interested, I'll copy/paste the list here.

😘Please do.

ashley224
01-13-17, 07:47 PM
That's ok...don't think the quote carries it over.

I type my post with emojis. Then tap the post quickly button. It doesn't show up right away so tap Edit Post and then Save. 90% of the time the emoji will then show ... but if you need to edit again it becomes an edit & post nightmare...lol

Give it a try next time you post or even edit your post right above here.

I know I'm off-topic, SW.
So...the goals look pretty easy so far & a mirror image of the last few storybook events so, hopefully neighbor requests will be no more than 20 this time either.

Thank you, I'm getting better at it, and yes about FFS

TerraRanomi
01-13-17, 07:49 PM
Let me know if something's not right or missing. Was too lazy to get a calculator. :D

60 Blue petals
60 Living wood
60 Purple petals
50 Glimmerdust
50 Jewels
15 Golden eggs
99 Wood
30 Prime cuts
15 Fancy blocks
140 Icy petals

14 Ember essences:
(3 Fire embers x 14 =) 42 Fire embers
(6 Icy wood x 14 =) 84 Icy wood
(1 Arctic fur x 14 =) 14 Arctic fur

6 Ice beams:
(1 Snow block x 6 =) 6 Snow blocks
(2 Icicles x 6 =) 12 Icicles
(3 Fire embers x 6=) 18 Fire embers

26 Snow blocks (including the 6 needed for the Ice beams):
(1 Simple glue x 26 =) 26 Simple glues
(20 Icy snowflakes x 26 =) 520 Icy snowflakes
(10 Icy snowballs x 26 =) 260 Icy snowballs

50 Icy snowballs (+ 260 for Snow blocks =) 310 Icy snowballs
199 Icy snowflakes (+520 for Snow blocks =) 719 Icy snowflakes
37 Icy wood (+ 84 for Ember essences =) 121 Icy wood
18 Fire embers (+ 60 for Ember essences/Ice beams =) 78 Fire embers
10 Arctic fur (+ 14 Arctic fur for Ember essences =) 24 Arctic fur

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 07:51 PM
Let me know if something's not right or missing. Was too lazy to get a calculator. :D

60 Blue petals
60 Living wood
60 Purple petals
50 Glimmerdust
50 Jewels
15 Golden eggs
99 Wood
30 Prime cuts
15 Fancy blocks
140 Icy petals

14 Ember essences:
(3 Fire embers x 14 =) 42 Fire embers
(6 Icy wood x 14 =) 84 Icy wood
(1 Arctic fur x 14 =) 14 Arctic fur

6 Ice beams:
(1 Snow block x 6 =) 6 Snow blocks
(2 Icicles x 6 =) 12 Icicles
(3 Fire embers x 6=) 18 Fire embers

26 Snow blocks (including the 6 needed for the Ice beams):
(1 Simple glue x 26 =) 26 Simple glues
(20 Icy snowflakes x 26 =) 520 Icy snowflakes
(10 Icy snowballs x 26 =) 260 Icy snowballs

50 Icy snowballs (+ 260 for Snow blocks =) 310 Icy snowballs
149 Icy snowflakes (+520 for Snow blocks =) 669 Icy snowflakes
37 Icy wood (+ 84 for Ember essences =) 121 Icy wood
18 Fire embers (+ 60 for Ember essences/Ice beams =) 78 Fire embers
10 Arctic fur (+ 14 Arctic fur for Ember essences =) 24 Arctic fur

Thanks, this helps. It looks like I have it all except for the stuff I have to get later.

freddy1343
01-13-17, 08:02 PM
Living wood is dropping from the ice willows as well. I seem to be getting two on average. And you will be chopping a lot of ice willows for snowflakes!

Really? I have chopped 14 ice willows and did not find one living wood! Is my game broken?

olcastle
01-13-17, 08:15 PM

Everything is perfect except you missed 50 snowflakes from chapter 4 (or 3).
We also get some parts as a reward for finishing chapters.

HuckleTown
01-13-17, 08:26 PM
You're welcome. I think this was very doable. S8 made chapter 10 fast and easy in case you have to wait on neighbor requests. It appears that they have listened to our concerns. And no adventures in this event. I used gems to open chapters, but did all of the collecting and crafting in each chapter. Overall, a great event in my opinion.

With all due respect, Kat, it is doable for very high level players and players able to buy lots of gems. Chapter 10 may be easy but there are 3 rare drops required that won't be obtainable. I've been playing for months and still have some of the Baron's first quests to complete (give him 30 prime cuts and some number of truffles). There are many of us eligible for the event but can't participate because we don't even have access to the special items that drop rare resources more often.

We do thank you for rushing through so that we know it's not worth trying, but it is still disappointing.

rulerofjennyville
01-13-17, 08:37 PM
The Faerie Tea Party,also,randomly drops living wood.

I've gotten living wood out of that summer gazebo we got awhile back.

TerraRanomi
01-13-17, 08:40 PM
Corrected thanks ! True, but it's not a lot so I left those out.

SpiritWind00
01-13-17, 09:16 PM
Love a bit of math! I've added a link into post 1 so that you can amend your post if anything changes instead of reposting. :) The link is at the top of post 1 next to ShibuyaCloth's picture link - I called it Calculations of resources

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 09:18 PM
With all due respect, Kat, it is doable for very high level players and players able to buy lots of gems. Chapter 10 may be easy but there are 3 rare drops required that won't be obtainable. I've been playing for months and still have some of the Baron's first quests to complete (give him 30 prime cuts and some number of truffles). There are many of us eligible for the event but can't participate because we don't even have access to the special items that drop rare resources more often.

We do thank you for rushing through so that we know it's not worth trying, but it is still disappointing.

It's true that high level players always have an advantage, however, this quest doesn't require gems to complete. I only used gems to start the chapters early, not to do the crafts. It is unfortunate that some players are left out due to the golden eggs, but many long time players have asked for a use for the eggs. Golden eggs are the most common gold item and the easiest to find. I'm sure it would be difficult to design a goal that every player could accomplish, especially lower level players. The higher your level gets, the easier the events are. Good luck.

cavegirl1
01-13-17, 09:30 PM
I tend to agree with Kat. Having an event that uses golden eggs and prime cuts is great for higher level players.

Maybe I think differently to others, but as a lower level player there was so much to do that timed / optional events would be secondary. But as a higher level player, I am looking for something to give me a bit of a challenge.

So it works for me.

TerraRanomi
01-13-17, 09:33 PM
Love a bit of math! I've added a link into post 1 so that you can amend your post if anything changes instead of reposting. :) The link is at the top of post 1 next to ShibuyaCloth's picture link - I called it Calculations of resources

Calculations of resources, I like it. You misspelled my username btw. ;)

hagypagy
01-13-17, 11:18 PM

A Warm Welcome to the Queen
Visit the cottage (give her a tour of the kingdom) 0/2
Visit the conservatory (What fun!) 0/2
Serve Neva a Heart Feast (All that flying builds up an appetite!) 0/1

Reward is the Snowy Workshop and Part II begins.

This sounds fun!!! :cool:

Any more info on this Katt??
What's needed for a Heart Feast??
What crafts are in the Snowy Workshop??
What is Part II?? :eek:

Thanks again for powering through and letting us all know what's ahead
Love your work :D

SpiritWind00
01-13-17, 11:26 PM
Calculations of resources, I like it. You misspelled my username btw. ;)
oops! how strange. I actually copied your name as a link so I didn't have to type it! sorry about that... all fixed (I hope!:))

kattkrazie
01-13-17, 11:56 PM
This sounds fun!!! :cool:

Any more info on this Katt??
What's needed for a Heart Feast??
What crafts are in the Snowy Workshop??
What is Part II?? :eek:

Thanks again for powering through and letting us all know what's ahead
Love your work :D

The Heart Feast was a typo. It's just the plain 'ol hearty feast. I'm afraid I wouldn't share your excitement about a heart feast. Yuk!

I haven't done part II yet but will post the goals as I do them. The snowy workshop looks pretty cool.

ShibuyaCloth
01-14-17, 12:35 AM
First batch of pics are up
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!&p=1385954&viewfull=1#post1385954

THEprincepippa
01-14-17, 12:58 AM
ugh, i can't get a single golden egg. i had six when the event started, but i have about 20-30 chickens and i've been harvesting from them all day... people said the drop rates were boosted for the event but i dunno. i guess i'm just super unlucky

Sirelie
01-14-17, 01:58 AM
Please - can I collect material (icy snowball, snowflakest etc.) between chapter? Or is it possible only when some chapter is active (when I do not wait for open next chapter).
And how many can I take it? Usually 99?

zoroak
01-14-17, 02:35 AM
Please - can I collect material (icy snowball, snowflakest etc.) between chapter? Or is it possible only when some chapter is active (when I do not wait for open next chapter).

Only possible if you haven't finished a chapter so collect snowballs and snowflakes BEFORE upgrading castle. Max 200 for snowball and snowflake.

kattkrazie
01-14-17, 02:37 AM

You can't collect the drops between chapters. But while a chapter is active, you can collect up to 200 snowballs and snowflakes.

spanisheyes1
01-14-17, 03:05 AM
I just read through and I dont think I missed this.
Has any lower level actually checked how many golden eggs are needed?
Actually how much of stuff for chapter one would be helpful and would only cost the opening bits if it proved too expensive.

SpiritWind00
01-14-17, 03:29 AM
I just read through and I dont think I missed this.
Has any lower level actually checked how many golden eggs are needed?
Actually how much of stuff for chapter one would be helpful and would only cost the opening bits if it proved too expensive.
all requirements for players would be the same as the eligible level for this event is 26+. Sorry I can't load any pictures yet for gem skip prices as I haven't started yet.

PJBastian13
01-14-17, 05:07 AM
Apologies if I missed this...where do we get icicles from?

The goal says: Icicles now drop from the rock outcroppings along with the icy snowballs. SW.

Thank you, SW!

anytime! Good luck chopping! ;) SW

THEprincepippa
01-14-17, 05:25 AM
uh, idk if this is what you were asking for but you need 16 golden eggs to upgrade neva's castle to level 2

TerraRanomi
01-14-17, 06:24 AM
oops! how strange. I actually copied your name as a link so I didn't have to type it! sorry about that... all fixed (I hope!:))

No problem, thanks. ;)

rulerofjennyville
01-14-17, 07:16 AM
I noticed I had snowballs from I think last year in my inventory. Apparently they don't count towards this year.

fish63
01-14-17, 08:15 AM
Heads up! I have two golden mines, would buy another, but they have started dropping gems or silver instead of gold? Another. Switch!

rulerofjennyville
01-14-17, 08:23 AM
Heads up! I have two golden mines, would buy another, but they have started dropping gems or silver instead of gold? Another. Switch!

Urg, don't tell me that. I just spent all my gems on a gold mine. I got a gold nugget off of it. I don't need silver and I assume by gems you mean jewels not actual gems. If it isn't going to drop gold every time I want my gems back. I'd thought about getting a cabbage hutch and have been watching that closely but it's recycled prizes there as well. They need to stop switching on gem items.

rulerofjennyville
01-14-17, 08:37 AM
Would some nice person visit my queendom and see if they see a monster parked on my board somewhere? I can't spawn bears anymore. I've looked and looked and I don't see one.

ashley224
01-14-17, 08:40 AM

They have always dropped 1 per day for me of a golden egg, golden apple or golden nugget, as mine did a couple of hours ago. If you are full of the item it drops it will black flag. In addition to this it randomly drop things such as silver, jewels and other things. If it Black flags a full golden item and you don't notice and then it drops a random item, it may appear that you didn't get the golden item. This has happened to me. Now I regularly make the golden trade for gems, keeping a minimum inventory of 75 of each golden item. I have been very pleased with my golden mines! Remember I bought many on Black Friday. Highly recommend it!

Check to see if you are maxed on one of the golden items.

ashley224
01-14-17, 08:43 AM
Would some nice person visit my queendom and see if they see a monster parked on my board somewhere? I can't spawn bears anymore. I've looked and looked and I don't see one.

No beasties. Keep trying, the bears will return! I ended up putting out 10 farmhouses. You may consider putting out a few more if you can.

rulerofjennyville
01-14-17, 09:37 AM
No beasties. Keep trying, the bears will return! I ended up putting out 10 farmhouses. You may consider putting out a few more if you can.

:D Thank you for being a nice person!

coolssp
01-14-17, 09:46 AM
Hey, what's with the feather above hens? Any idea :)