PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 1/12 - Ice Queen Event! | * all goal details in post 1! *

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

alphama
01-18-17, 01:46 PM
Thank you PrincessCupOButter for your welcome & response. I am holding off the upgrade to lvl 7 to gather icy petals & fire embers for lvl 8 & 9. Method has been working until today. Have lost a precious half day of collecting & hope all my work wasn't for naught. What to do?

PrincessCupOButter
01-18-17, 02:11 PM
Thank you PrincessCupOButter for your welcome & response. I am holding off the upgrade to lvl 7 to gather icy petals & fire embers for lvl 8 & 9. Method has been working until today. Have lost a precious half day of collecting & hope all my work wasn't for naught. What to do?

I think upgrading to level 6 was what stopped the drops.....but if you have even just a few ahead, hopefully you'll be still able to get everything done. They will start dropping again as soon as day 8 starts. While waiting, maybe concentrate on fighting bears if you don't have enough arctic furs saved up.
Good luck!

riverly
01-18-17, 03:28 PM
I've been setting my timer for embers since sometime yesterday. I've accumulated 46. Pretty slow going. I hope that this doesn't bog down those who can't collect every 2 hours.
I was not intending to save up for Arctic bear(wasn't sure I wanted another animal) but I seem to have gone too far too stop now. As they say "Onward".
The tip concerning a parked bear for beginning of next chapter is great! Thanks for that tip Princess CoB. (Hope you don't mind the abbreviated version of your name)

alphama
01-18-17, 04:05 PM
PrincessCupOButter....took a chance & upgraded ice castle to lvl 7!! I have nearly everything for lvl 8 & was working on lvl 9 stuff. Hopefully tomorrow before I upgrade to 8 I can make more progress on 9 & 10. How is it possible to get too far ahead? Lolol. Keeping fingers crossed. Thank you greatly!

jopik
01-18-17, 05:14 PM
Did anyone posted pictures of what's inside the winter workshop?
Just to see how many ice materials needed for various ice deco

Den8137259
01-18-17, 05:21 PM
★ fangbeasts kept spawning instead of the bears .. brrrr lol ★

29vanilla
01-18-17, 05:52 PM
Hit a "no snowball" moment dry spell. Ggrrr! 10 energy. And 1 measly snowball! Waahhhh!

hatton2
01-18-17, 06:21 PM
I had 20 arctic fur and now I have 12- what's going on storm 8??????

msmorg
01-18-17, 06:30 PM
I wish S8 would lower the timer on the embers, 2 hours when the need is so high requires checking every two hours which isnt feasible for most people. Even an hour would be better.

CocoMom101
01-18-17, 07:08 PM
A thousand Thank You's to those who recommended waiting to upgrade Castle to Level 6 until the start of Day 8. With the extra time to collect from trees and rocks I have enough icy wood, snow blocks, icy petals, and arctic fur to get me through Chap 9. Just working to gather the last 20 fire embers. That tip was so helpful - I would not have been able to finish this without it. It makes me wonder why S8 insists on limiting drops of such needed and sometimes scarce items for such long periods during the quests. But thanks to all of you who post on the forum for such valuable suggestions. Also, thanks to Kat for recommending gathering additional items for use in the new workshop. I'm using all my extra energy(if there is such a thing) to building up stores of icy items. Good luck to all of the quest participants!

PrincessCupOButter
01-18-17, 08:32 PM
I've been setting my timer for embers since sometime yesterday. I've accumulated 46. Pretty slow going. I hope that this doesn't bog down those who can't collect every 2 hours.
I was not intending to save up for Arctic bear(wasn't sure I wanted another animal) but I seem to have gone too far too stop now. As they say "Onward".
The tip concerning a parked bear for beginning of next chapter is great! Thanks for that tip Princess CoB. (Hope you don't mind the abbreviated version of your name)

abbreviated is fine! Lol or just do as my neighbors do and call me bingo (kingdom name is bingo chips...long story! :rolleyes:)

PrincessCupOButter....took a chance & upgraded ice castle to lvl 7!! I have nearly everything for lvl 8 & was working on lvl 9 stuff. Hopefully tomorrow before I upgrade to 8 I can make more progress on 9 & 10. How is it possible to get too far ahead? Lolol. Keeping fingers crossed. Thank you greatly!

You're welcome! I don't think there's such a thing as too far ahead! ;)
I'm waiting for one more collection of embers before doing the upgrades. I have everything else collected and ready to go.....just need about 25 more embers.

AnisWa
01-18-17, 08:35 PM
I'd like to thank all the players who gave us all the valuable techniques and information to make the event easier! I spent the whole day collecting/making snow blocks, fire embers, icy wood.....it was so helpful when I completed Chapters 6 & 7 within an hour. The Arctic bear was playing hide and seek, didn't want to come out to be slayed, so, I could collect the 1 fur in chapter 7. I, too, was getting Fangbeast instead of the article bear. Thank you, thank you!

karlovivari
01-18-17, 10:08 PM
when the chapter comes to icicles, chopping rock will drop snowballs too????????

kattkrazie
01-18-17, 10:20 PM
Question for those who have completed or at least are at chapter 9, what is the rough drop rate for icicles?

The icicle drop rate is good. It seems like I got 6-10 per rock.

kattkrazie
01-18-17, 10:24 PM
when the chapter comes to icicles, chopping rock will drop snowballs too????????

Yes, you'll get both drops from the rocks at the same time.

kattkrazie
01-18-17, 10:25 PM
I had 20 arctic fur and now I have 12- what's going on storm 8??????

Maybe you used some of your furs. Arctic fur is needed for some of the crafts to upgrade the castle.

29vanilla
01-18-17, 10:53 PM
Sorry I know it's been mentioned previously and hopefully someone is on. Getting confused though. Trying to prepare snow blocks; I'm on chap 5. Will I still be able to collect snow balls, snow flakes and icy petals if I level up and move on to chapter 6?

PrincessCupOButter
01-18-17, 11:14 PM
Sorry I know it's been mentioned previously and hopefully someone is on. Getting confused though. Trying to prepare snow blocks; I'm on chap 5. Will I still be able to collect snow balls, snow flakes and icy petals if I level up and move on to chapter 6?

Yes, along with icy wood and embers too, because all of those things are required to upgrade to level 6. However, upgrading the ice castle to level 6 will stop the ice petals and embers until day 8. So try to hold off on 6 and collect as long as possible....day 7 is very fast as long as you have all materials ready for that upgrade.

29vanilla
01-18-17, 11:24 PM
Yes, along with icy wood and embers too, because all of those things are required to upgrade to level 6. However, upgrading the ice castle to level 6 will stop the ice petals and embers until day 8. So try to hold off on 6 and collect as long as possible....day 7 is very fast as long as you have all materials ready for that upgrade.

Thanks so much!

zoroak
01-18-17, 11:39 PM
The icicle drop rate is good. It seems like I got 6-10 per rock.
That's great, thanks katt! ;) Good drop rate would definitely help when trying to stock up for use later in the snowy workshop.

cavegirl1
01-19-17, 12:43 AM
Adding my thanks along with everyone else for suggestions on how to complete this . Will be start of day 7 for me in an hour but holding off the day 6 upgrade. Have all I need except fire embers, fur ( if I decide to craft a bear) and icicles which of course I can't get yet. Have got 27 fire embers from 8 collections so if it continues at that rate, should mean I don't have to check in as often for the next 4 days

Different to others, my spawn rate for bears has been very good past 2 days, so will focus on that until tomorrow night :)

cavegirl1
01-19-17, 12:45 AM
I do the same thing with every event. It helps me keep track of where I need to put the most effort. Plus, there is something satisfying about seeing the "needed" column drop down to zero for each item in turn. :cool:

Yes - getting those zeroes is a very nice feeling :)

Sirelie
01-19-17, 01:40 AM
Please, from what I can collect icicles?

(Edit - I looked more thoroughly and I read from Rock Outcropping. I can not delete my post.)

pongkay
01-19-17, 01:50 AM
I wish S8 would lower the timer on the embers, 2 hours when the need is so high requires checking every two hours which isnt feasible for most people. Even an hour would be better.

Or lower the needed quantity for the ember essence. 2 hour collection time for the ember, 2 hour crafting time for the essence, Is a little too much too many....14 ember essence for the last 3 chapters? :confused:

THEprincepippa
01-19-17, 02:53 AM
huffs. i'm still trying to get enough golden eggs, but i have plenty of the difficult resources otherwise- just need to stock up on glue, blocks, and petals while i harvest from my chickens

AnnirasSweets
01-19-17, 04:52 AM
Thanks to this thread I'm flying through this event with more ease than usual so thanks to everyone. However, I don't think I'll be getting the Arctic Bear. I usually like to get everything offered through events because I have a major case of OCD but I don't see how I can when I keep spawning beasts instead of bears?! What little fur I've acquired is being used to make Ember Essence. A bit frustrating really but I guess we can't win them all.

AnisWa
01-19-17, 05:39 AM
Is anyone else just receiving 1 artic fur per slay?

AnisWa
01-19-17, 05:41 AM
Or lower the needed quantity for the ember essence. 2 hour collection time for the ember, 2 hour crafting time for the essence, Is a little too much too many....14 ember essence for the last 3 chapters? :confused:

Don't forget to use the Elven boost to shorten the time.

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 06:22 AM
Is anyone else just receiving 1 artic fur per slay?
yes confirm.. this is the drop rate

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 06:26 AM
as suggested before.. it is VERY important you use the various Booster.. this will save you time and reduce actual time needed in half.

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 06:40 AM
Thanks to this thread I'm flying through this event with more ease than usual so thanks to everyone. However, I don't think I'll be getting the Arctic Bear. I usually like to get everything offered through events because I have a major case of OCD but I don't see how I can when I keep spawning beasts instead of bears?! What little fur I've acquired is being used to make Ember Essence. A bit frustrating really but I guess we can't win them all.

If possible.. put out 10/12 FarmHouses. In one full 40EnergyBar.. even if you get a Fangbeast or 2, that consumes 5Energy each.. but you will also be able to spawn a Bear for sure or even 2/3. It's not diffucult to spawn them.. considering the waitingtime of the FarmHouses is only 10min. Just keep on trying till energy runs out.
Remember to be careful of the gem-trap on buying energy that appears when you've finished the energy.

kendysek
01-19-17, 07:05 AM
Hi everyone and thanks for useful tips.

I really like this event, the collecting rates of materials needed are good. And because the icy willows are cheap it's not so money draining. In previous events I really had problem with money and it almost looked I can't finish them, because I'm gonna be out of money (because of constant buying rocks and trees).

And now in level 44 I have bought gems for the first time (I thought I'm never going to do that) but this perfect discount on gold mine, wizz school and cabbage hut not let me sleep.

I think I'm not going for the bear, because lot of other animals drops fur, jewels, rat tails, silver and white petal.

ashley224
01-19-17, 07:24 AM

I really like this event, the collecting rates of materials needed are good. And because the icy willows are cheap it's not so money draining. In previous events I really had problem with money and it almost looked I can't finish them, because I'm gonna be out of money (because of constant buying rocks and trees).

And now in level 44 I have bought gems for the first time (I thought I'm never going to do that) but this perfect discount on gold mine, wizz school and cabbage hut not let me sleep.

I think I'm not going for the bear, because lot of other animals drops fur, jewels, rat tails, silver and white petal.
:oYou made me laugh, they've hooked another gem buying lifer. :p Welcome to the club. :cool: I lost some sleep on Black Friday over the gold mines and Pinkies! :pI'd buy another wizard school and cabbage hut too but I'm at my limit.:rolleyes:

kendysek
01-19-17, 07:43 AM
Yes, I know... it's a trap! ;)
I think I'm going to do this only once and when I have bought my dreamy buildings, I will have everything.
But who knows, if I can do it once, nothing is impossible. :p

badbunny42
01-19-17, 07:47 AM
I've never used the elven booster. Which boost would you use to speed up the drop from the fire? None seem to match.

riverly
01-19-17, 08:09 AM
I've never used the elven booster. Which boost would you use to speed up the drop from the fire? None seem to match.there isn't a boost to speed up the fire embers. The boost that can be used is the fast worker boost that speeds up crafting in workshop for crafting the essence.

Ok this is wrong. That's what I get for trying to talk to someone and do this T the same time!

Edit:
It's the fast brewer in the potion shop that we need to use

riverly
01-19-17, 08:30 AM
Seeing how my brain is not working this morning, is there anyone who has quantities of items needed from Chapter 8 to the end? I feel like there are people who could answer this pretty quickly.
Thanks.
If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it.

nessa005
01-19-17, 10:08 AM
Note to self......do NOT play at 2am! I inadvertently upgraded the castle to level 7 so now, here I sit, twiddling my thumbs, waiting to start chapter 8 and not able to collect anything for another 15 hours. We have the Gchildren here for the weekend so i think I might not be able to finish.

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 10:21 AM
Seeing how my brain is not working this morning, is there anyone who has quantities of items needed from Chapter 8 to the end? I feel like there are people who could answer this pretty quickly.
Thanks.
If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it.

I broke down the requirements into the various Chapters..
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
This is what I'm using.. not sure if this is what you need:confused:

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 10:22 AM
CHAPTER 8
Goal 1 - Slay an Arctic Bear 0/1
Goal 2 - Brew Ember Essence 0/1
... Requires: 3FireEmbers, 6IcyWood, 1ArticFur /PotionShop 2hrs
Goal 3 - Upgrade the IceCastle to level 8
... Requires: 4SnowBlocks, 4EmberEssence, 30IcyPetals

HAVE TO CRAFT:
SnowBlocks: 4x (20Snowflakes, 10Snowballs, 1SimpleGlue /WorkShop30min)
EmberEssence: (4-1=) 3x (3FireEmbers, 6IcyWood, 1ArcticFur /PotionShop2hrs)

TOTAL MATERIALS TO COLLECT FOR CHAPTER 8
FireEmbers: =9
IcyWood: =18
IcyPetals: =30
Snowflakes: =80
Snowballs: =40
ArticFur: =3
SimpleGlue: =4

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 10:22 AM
CHAPTER 9
Goal 1 - Visit neighbors 0/50
Goal 2 - Ask BuildersPermits 0/20
Goal 3 - Collect 3Icicles from OutcroppingRocks
Goal 4 - Make 1IcyBeams
... Requires: 1SnowBlock, 3FireEmbers, 2Icicles / WorkShop 1hr
Goal 5 - Upgrade IceCastle to level9
... Requires: 5EmberEssence, 30IcyPetals, 3IcyBeams

HAVE TO CRAFT:
EmberEssence: 5x (3FireEmbers, 6IcyWood, 1ArcticFur /PotionShop2hrs)
IcyBeams: (3-1=) 2x (1SnowBlock, 3FireEmbers, 2Icicles / WorkShop1hr)
SnowBlocks: 2x (20Snowflakes, 10Snowballs, 1SimpleGlue /WorkShop30min)

TOTAL MATERIALS TO COLLECT FOR CHAPTER 9
FireEmbers: 15 +12 =27
IcyWood: =30
IcyPetals: =30
Snowflakes: =40
Snowballs: =20
Icicles: 4 - 3 =1
ArcticFur: =5
SimpleGlue: =2

... collect Icicles, craft IceBeams while waiting for NbrRequests, use Boosts!

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 10:23 AM
CHAPTER 10:
Goal 1 - Give HeartyFeasts 0/2 (inventory counts)
Goal 2 - Give Truffles 0/10 (inventory counts)
Goal 3 - Gather IcyPetals 0/5
Goal 4 - Upgrade the IceCastle level 10
... Requires 2SnowBlocks, 30IcyPetals, 5EmberEssence, 3IceBeams

HAVE TO CRAFT:
SnowBlocks: (2+3=) 5x (20Snowflakes, 10Snowballs, 1SimpleGlue /WorkShop30min)
EmberEssence: 5x (3FireEmbers, 6IcyWood, 1ArcticFur /PotionShop2hrs)
IceBeams: 3x (1SnowBlock, 3FireEmbers, 2Icicles / WorkShop1hr)

TOTAL MATERIALS TO COLLECT FOR CHAPTER 10
FireEmbers: 15 +9 =24
IcyWood: =30
IcyPetals: 30 -5 =25
Snowflakes: 40 +60 =100
Snowballs: 20 +30 =50
Icicles: =6
ArcticFur: =5
HeartyFeast =2
Truffles =10
SimpleGlue 2 +3 =5

... Neva is in your inventory

riverly
01-19-17, 10:33 AM
Wow. Thanks. I'll study this. I have this fear that I'll be caught short of an item somewhere especially icy wood. Or all of a sudden I'll need like 100 petals or something. lol

missbandette
01-19-17, 10:44 AM
These arctic bears really don't seem to like visiting my kingdom. I had two farmhouses and barely ever had one, I built eight more and I seem to only get one every ten farmhouses I tap. I finally started to build up a collection of the arctic furs and then I needed them to upgrade the ice castle, and now to make the ember essence. Oh my! Lol! I love this event, it's been fun and not frustrating. I wish more were like this one.

darthkris
01-19-17, 11:11 AM
I also started to count how much I'll need of something to get Neeva after all as I will be busy with cooking on Saturday for my little party.
The only resource that really gives me the creeps is fire embers. There is a lack of 25. However, I am positive that I will get the needed amount in time. Hopefully.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-19-17, 11:14 AM
SHOUT OUT to those few who have already acquired the new Snowy Workshop!:

Mind posting the requirements for the crafting menus that are in it? (Or upload some pix?)

If any deco crafts in it require snow blocks or icy beams, I'd like to get a jump on crafting extras of those before we lose the extra sources we currently have for those materials.
If they just require snowballs, snowflakes & icy petals, I'll just max on those.

Thanks oodles! :-*

EllasGrandma1
01-19-17, 11:31 AM
SHOUT OUT to those few who have already acquired the new Snowy Workshop!:

Mind posting the requirements for the crafting menus that are in it? (Or upload some pix?)

If any deco crafts in it require snow blocks or icy beams, I'd like to get a jump on crafting extras of those before we lose the extra sources we currently have for those materials.
If they just require snowballs, snowflakes & icy petals, I'll just max on those.

Thanks oodles! :-*
I've actually stopped making snow blocks because I think(?) I've got enough! But if we need to store more for the future it would be wonderful to know now. Something I could be doing while im waiting for my fire to give me embers!!
Thanks (in advance) from me too!

kattkrazie
01-19-17, 11:44 AM
I've actually stopped making snow blocks because I think(?) I've got enough! But if we need to store more for the future it would be wonderful to know now. Something I could be doing while im waiting for my fire to give me embers!!
Thanks (in advance) from me too!

The crafts in the snowy workshop only use snowflakes, snowballs, and icicles. You won't need any snow blocks, icy wood, or fire embers. Most of the crafts need 20 snowflakes, 10-20 snowballs, and usually 2-4 icicles. I will try to post pictures later. I'm not very good at that. Maybe I can send the pics to Moon and she can post them.

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 11:54 AM
Wow. Thanks. I'll study this. I have this fear that I'll be caught short of an item somewhere especially icy wood. Or all of a sudden I'll need like 100 petals or something. lol
Make all the SnowBlocks and EmberEssence you can beforehand. This is where most of the materials go.. specially the FireEmbers.
The IcyBeams you can't make until the 9th Chapter when Icicles start dropping.. so just prepare the FireEmbers.
From 8th to 10th Chapters you receive ALL materials so you can keep on collecting and crafting.
Remebmer to use your Boosters if you have much to craft.. it helps alot.
Good Luck and I'm sure you'll make it :)

kattkrazie
01-19-17, 11:57 AM
Make all the SnowBlocks and EmberEssence you can beforehand. This is where most of the materials go.. specially the FireEmbers.
The IcyBeams you can't make until the 9th Chapter when Icicles start dropping.. so just prepare the FireEmbers.
From 8th to 10th Chapters you receive ALL materials so you can keep on collecting and crafting.
Remebmer to use your Boosters if you have much to craft.. it helps alot.
Good Luck and I'm sure you'll make it :)

Hey, Annie. You've got mail. I emailed the pics for snowy workshop to you. ;)

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 11:58 AM
The crafts in the snowy workshop only use snowflakes, snowballs, and icicles. You won't need any snow blocks, icy wood, or fire embers. Most of the crafts need 20 snowflakes, 10-20 snowballs, and usually 2-4 icicles. I will try to post pictures later. I'm not very good at that. Maybe I can send the pics to Moon and she can post them.
Willingly I'll post pictures for you.. you snap all the pictures and I'll do the rest.
You did so much for us.. and thanks to you I'll make it.. it's the least I can do (smack! :p)

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 12:50 PM

katbtodd
01-19-17, 12:53 PM

We already have theses ,all this work to make decorations, at least the little faerie cute

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 12:58 PM

TerraRanomi
01-19-17, 01:01 PM
The items are so pretty, can't wait to get the snowy workshop. (Thanks for the pics kattkrazie and MoonVillage3!)

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 01:05 PM

11 choices:
Ice Lilly
Frozen Fountain
Skating Pond
Snowman
Snowoman
Winter Wall
Winter Gate
Winter Tower
Snow Wall
Snow Gate
Snow Tower

Thanking kattkrazie :p

bwunderbach
01-19-17, 01:12 PM
New event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83770-Sneak-Peek-Musings-and-Speculation-about-upcoming-new-story-content&p=1388217&viewfull=1#post1388217) posted over in the "Sneak Peaks" thread since I didn't see a dedicated thread yet.

PrincessCupOButter
01-19-17, 01:20 PM
New event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83770-Sneak-Peek-Musings-and-Speculation-about-upcoming-new-story-content&p=1388217&viewfull=1#post1388217) posted over in the "Sneak Peaks" thread since I didn't see a dedicated thread yet.

I started a thread, (first time ever), https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96851-Flower-Fusion-January-19-2016-Update
Waiting for Spiritwind to set it up properly or delete and start over...whichever is easier.

riverly
01-19-17, 01:24 PM
We already have theses ,all this work to make decorations, at least the little faerie cutewell I guess it's stuff we can put into storage and bring them back out next year. Or maybe we can get expansions for our winter landscape. At least the bear drops silver. 😕

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 01:24 PM
We already have theses ,all this work to make decorations, at least the little faerie cute
Cute Neva, pretty Castle and with the winter WorkShop we can transform our kingdom into a snowy white winter ;)

meme1098
01-19-17, 01:35 PM

Already have all I'll want or need of these items & the walls & gates as well...thanks for posting Annie. :). But...I do like the look of the snowy Workshop, the castle - not so much.(roof would look better blue - & too much turquoise for my liking).

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-19-17, 02:35 PM
Thx for the pix, Katt & Moon! :D *kisses*

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 02:47 PM
Thx for the pix, Katt & Moon! :D *kisses*
Welcome NW :D

caronut615
01-19-17, 02:48 PM
I need neighbors to finish this! Please help! ID caronut615 thanks!!!

TerraRanomi
01-19-17, 03:07 PM
I need neighbors to finish this! Please help! ID caronut615 thanks!!!

You should post your ID in this thread:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96471-Castle-Story-January-2017
(I've added you.;))

CavityCave
01-19-17, 06:07 PM
Is there a wait time between Chapter 8 and 9? I'm wondering if I should upgrade my castle now or wait and collect more embers.

Or can you collect embers while you're waiting for neighbor requests to come in during chapter 9?

robotparade
01-19-17, 07:21 PM
when I see a Fangbeast.. I'm actually happy.. cause the next one I spawn will surely be a Bear (at least 90%). It's the whole day I'm spawning Bears and noticed that.
and yes.. we know better not to have your suspicion.. but strangely, everytime it happens the exact thought passes through our minds :confused:

I wish my game was that predictable. I've had FIVE Fangbeasts in a row.

I was about to buy some gems to get the fur I needed, but then my finger slipped on my touchscreen and I fell into a gem trap. That brought me to my senses.

ethan1brothers
01-19-17, 07:52 PM
if I start making the lvl 10 stuff early will it count it ? like the feasts and the truffles ?

PrincessCupOButter
01-19-17, 08:10 PM
if I start making the lvl 10 stuff early will it count it ? like the feasts and the truffles ?

They do. Katt confirmed it in post #207
A good general rule of thumb is: when it says to 'give', the ones already in inventory usually count. When it says 'craft/make' or 'collect/gather' these usually can't be done in advance. As always, there are a few exceptions.

hkcorrigan
01-19-17, 09:08 PM
I accidentally ended up crafting the arctic bear when I was trying to craft my last snow block. Ugh. Don't have enough arctic fur for last 3 chapters... yet. I had planned to get the last arctic fur after I got the fairy. Oh well. Back to fighting bears. At least I think I have all of my blocks now.

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 11:08 PM
I accidentally ended up crafting the arctic bear when I was trying to craft my last snow block. Ugh. Don't have enough arctic fur for last 3 chapters... yet. I had planned to get the last arctic fur after I got the fairy. Oh well. Back to fighting bears. At least I think I have all of my blocks now.
ArcticFurs we only need: 3 in Chapter8, 5 in Chapter9, 5 in Chapter10.. Total13.. all to be used in the crafting. If you have prepared some of the crafting material already.. you need even less. There is always the ability to fight them.. even in waiting-time. Consentrate on those Bears and you will make it without problems. Good Luck!

MoonVillage3
01-19-17, 11:22 PM
BEAR CRAFTING:
The abitily to craft the Bears will last even after the Event has finished so no rush to craft them.
Remember though.. if you wait till the end of the event to do so.. and wish to have 2.. it's best to craft and ready to collect, both at the same time.
The choice of crafting the Pet Bear in the WorkShop.. AFTER the event.. may disappear after you have 'Tamed' the first one.

candie1230
01-20-17, 01:12 AM
Anyone having trouble with chapter 9??? Nothing is registering on mine, I've visited both neighbours and community people and it's still saying. I need to visit 50 neighbours!!!

cavegirl1
01-20-17, 01:38 AM
ArcticFurs we only need: 3 in Chapter8, 5 in Chapter9, 5 in Chapter10.. Total13.. all to be used in the crafting. If you have prepared some of the crafting material already.. you need even less. There is always the ability to fight them.. even in waiting-time. Consentrate on those Bears and you will make it without problems. Good Luck!

Minor correction I think, given I'm not there yet :). We need 4 ember essence for level 8 , so I guess that means we need 4 fur for that level.

Hope everyone gets as many bears as I seem to be getting!

cavegirl1
01-20-17, 01:39 AM
Anyone having trouble with chapter 9??? Nothing is registering on mine, I've visited both neighbours and community people and it's still saying. I need to visit 50 neighbours!!!

Have you tried force closing your game? That can get them to register.

cavegirl1
01-20-17, 01:40 AM
The items are so pretty, can't wait to get the snowy workshop. (Thanks for the pics kattkrazie and MoonVillage3!)

Yes - agree. I've only got 1 snow wall and 1 snow gate, so looking forward to being able to make more !

cavegirl1
01-20-17, 01:44 AM
Is there a wait time between Chapter 8 and 9? I'm wondering if I should upgrade my castle now or wait and collect more embers.

Or can you collect embers while you're waiting for neighbor requests to come in during chapter 9?

You can do both I think. Hold off doing the castle upgrade for chapter 8 right up until chapter 9 starts, so you can still collect embers (as you can't collect between chapters). Then you should be able to also collect them in chapter 9 while waiting for the requests to come back.

ragga666
01-20-17, 02:17 AM
I have been stuck on Chapter 2 since the second day as I never get Golden Egg drops inspite of playing regularly.

john3500
01-20-17, 02:55 AM

i Have the same problem!! I forced closed the game but still nothing!

lilkingdome
01-20-17, 03:21 AM
S8.... I am soooo done!!!!! Bye!!!

neska04
01-20-17, 03:56 AM
I had this problem; I had to go into the event screen and click "visit" to go to the community menu, visit a kingdom, then go home, back to the event screen, "visit" etc. 50 times. If you do this, it doesn't seem to matter if you visit the same kingdom twice. I went all through my neighbours list visiting and got no credit for it before I tried this......

rulerofjennyville
01-20-17, 04:05 AM

Neighbors won't register it as to be community people.

dragoniakingdom
01-20-17, 04:44 AM
A plea...please S8 do not include neighbour requests in these timed events. A lot of my neighbours are in different time zones & I find myself stuck on 13/20 & cannot proceed with the rest of the chapter until it's completed.

cavegirl1
01-20-17, 05:04 AM
A plea...please S8 do not include neighbour requests in these timed events. A lot of my neighbours are in different time zones & I find myself stuck on 13/20 & cannot proceed with the rest of the chapter until it's completed.

I am often in a similar situation as I am also in Australia. But at least with this event, you can use this time to prepare everything you need for chapter 10 so that will be very quick to complete once you get to it, and so hopefully you can easily make up the time

Good luck.

PrincessCelestian
01-20-17, 07:15 AM
The amount of fire embers that are dropping are just not enough for the amount that we need. Even setting my timer for ever two hours except when I am sleeping, I have barely been able to get enough for the amber essence. And of course I planned poorly and my end day is tomorrow when I will be at the March. Ugh. Should I speed the fire pit up after an hour?

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 07:34 AM
I would suggest you craft and collect material needed anyway. It's not important to move on quickly.. just have what you need ready.
The next step you have is to upgrade the IcyCastle but do NOT upgrade until the last hour so you can continue filling your Inventory for the crafting and eventually materials to use in the SnowyWorkShop.

Remember you do NOT receive materials during waits from one chapter to the other.

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 07:38 AM

yes.. had trouble too.. just keep turing the game off completely then on again.. eventually it will show you the correct figure. Make sure you visit Community as Neighbors don't count

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 07:47 AM
Minor correction I think, given I'm not there yet :). We need 4 ember essence for level 8 , so I guess that means we need 4 fur for that level.
Hope everyone gets as many bears as I seem to be getting!
Yes we need 4EmberEssence for the 8th upgrade.. but we have to craft 1 in Goal2 which counts. So it's 4 -1 = 3.
They were tricky with the Goals weren't they? We get confused easily :confused:

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 07:52 AM
You can do both I think. Hold off doing the castle upgrade for chapter 8 right up until chapter 9 starts, so you can still collect embers (as you can't collect between chapters). Then you should be able to also collect them in chapter 9 while waiting for the requests to come back.
If the rule follows the former Chapters.. during the wait-time from on Chapter to the other.. nothing drops. No petals, no Ember, no Snowballs nor Snowflakes.
We now need to collect the new Icicles.. I wouldn't risk.. keep the chapter open so you an be sure you receive them.
And also stock-up (if you have extra energy) material you may need in the SnowyWorkShop: Snowballs, Snowflakes, Icicles

daylily9
01-20-17, 07:55 AM
is anyone having trouble getting on their game mine has been offline since 5:00 last night pacific time .I'm getting really worried I'm not going to be able to complete this!

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 08:11 AM
The amount of fire embers that are dropping are just not enough for the amount that we need. Even setting my timer for ever two hours except when I am sleeping, I have barely been able to get enough for the amber essence. And of course I planned poorly and my end day is tomorrow when I will be at the March. Ugh. Should I speed the fire pit up after an hour?

You have 3 choices:
Speeding should cost less.. just depends how many you need.
Buying the 2nd CampFire is an idea too, but if you're not able to collect from it regularly.. it won't help and be a waste.
Buying each time in the PotionShop what you need.

gracelinda
01-20-17, 08:14 AM
I question if it is possible to finish this quest with only one campfire. Just harvested it and on,y got 2... need so much more than that....now have to wait 2 hours....

PrincessCupOButter
01-20-17, 08:29 AM
I question if it is possible to finish this quest with only one campfire. Just harvested it and on,y got 2... need so much more than that....now have to wait 2 hours....

It is possible, but deliberately made difficult due to S8 stopping the drops between chapters. It really depends on how many more you need to collect and what chapter are you on. Depending on how many days you have left, you may be able to get in some extra collections.... If it's possible for you, hold off on upgrading the ice castle for as long as possible to keep the drops active and set a timer to collect every two hours. Keep crafting essences and blocks, collecting Arctic fur etc. while waiting for the campfire to refresh. That way you will have all materials ready to upgrade quickly. (And maybe speed the campfire up for the last half hour or so a few times, if you can spare the gems. That will help get in a few extra collections too.)
Good luck!

PrincessCupOButter
01-20-17, 08:35 AM
I was so optimistic after reading about decent drop rates for icicles, but the drop rate for me has been dismal. 1-3 per outcropping. :(
Thankfully the upgrades only require 12.

On the plus side, I'm getting tons of snowballs for the workshop. Just won't have many icicles to go with them. :rolleyes:

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 08:56 AM
I was so optimistic after reading about decent drop rates for icicles, but the drop rate for me has been dismal. 1-3 per outcropping. :(
Thankfully the upgrades only require 12.

On the plus side, I'm getting tons of snowballs for the workshop. Just won't have many icicles to go with them. :rolleyes:
I'm finding 2-6Icicles from the rocks.. but only few 6.. VERY energy consuming. Luckily few are needed, but I'll continue to try and make stock for the SnowyWorkShop. I'll stall the uplevelling till the last and have all day tomorrow as well. That should be enough. Snowballs I've maxed.. they are 200.

meme1098
01-20-17, 09:58 AM
I'm finding 2-6Icicles from the rocks.. but only few 6.. VERY energy consuming. Luckily few are needed, but I'll continue to try and make stock for the SnowyWorkShop. I'll stall the uplevelling till the last and have all day tomorrow as well. That should be enough. Snowballs I've maxed.. they are 200.

I'm a few days behind everyone because of my hesitation on starting so thanks everyone for the heads up on the drops. Holding off upgrading to lv.6 til I get as many embers as possible, I'm on day 2 collecting. Chapter 7 will be a quickie so I won't be behind starting Chapter 8 tomorrow.

Again...thanks to everyone posting helpful hints, pictures, & forging ahead! The forum community here is the best! :)

icydove
01-20-17, 10:33 AM
My requests are not registering. The news section shows at least 10 requests have come back, and only two are registering. I have tried restarting the game several times. I had the same problem last event, and it is a game problem, not an active neighbor problem.

cheers196
01-20-17, 10:57 AM
BEAR CRAFTING:
The abitily to craft the Bears will last even after the Event has finished so no rush to craft them.
Remember though.. if you wait till the end of the event to do so.. and wish to have 2.. it's best to craft and ready to collect, both at the same time.
The choice of crafting the Pet Bear in the WorkShop.. AFTER the event.. may disappear after you have 'Tamed' the first one.

Did the ability to craft the bear disappear from the workshop after taming the first one after the event? Do the bears still appear at the farmhouses?

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 12:03 PM
My requests are not registering. The news section shows at least 10 requests have come back, and only two are registering. I have tried restarting the game several times. I had the same problem last event, and it is a game problem, not an active neighbor problem.
I noticed this too.. the real figure you can see in your inventory.. when you see 20.. continue resetting game. it eventually corrects and autocompletes

girufel
01-20-17, 12:03 PM
So, do I get this right? I am currently waiting for my neighbors to answer. My castle is on level 8. To finish it I need 10 more potions and 6 ice beams. This means 48 fire embers. Correct? Is that in any way doable with one campfire until tomorrow evening even if I skip sleeping and feeding my children?

icydove
01-20-17, 12:06 PM
I noticed this too.. the real figure you can see in your inventory.. when you see 20.. continue resetting game. it eventually corrects and autocompletes

My inventory says 2 as well :(

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 12:14 PM
Did the ability to craft the bear disappear from the workshop after taming the first one after the event? Do the bears still appear at the farmhouses?
Bears should appear in the FarmHouses for another 6 days.. it's shown in your GuideBook.
If the ability remains after crafting the first one.. I'm not sure BUT.. if you observe the goal in the GuideBook.. it checks off by itself and autocompletes when you craft the first one.. so it's safe to assume the goal finishes and no more drops will be received.
That's why I said in post before.. if you wish 2Bears.. craft them both at the same time. Or at least.. don't collect the first one till you are crafting the second one. This way you can collect both.

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 12:45 PM
So, do I get this right? I am currently waiting for my neighbors to answer. My castle is on level 8. To finish it I need 10 more potions and 6 ice beams. This means 48 fire embers. Correct? Is that in any way doable with one campfire until tomorrow evening even if I skip sleeping and feeding my children?
To be doable.. without missing a single collection.. you would need 4Embers for the 12Collections in a day! Which is NOT possible as the drops differ and you will get even 2 per drop.
So feed the kids!!! When they're hungry they scream and fight and you can't think anymore!

I figure you have 3 choices as I mentioned somewhere before but all of them you would need gems.
1. Speed-up the CampFire before time is over, so you can collect more times
2. Buy the 2nd CampFire.. which calculating 2 low drops on each.. you can do it in the 12 collecting times.. hoping you get many 4Drops.. you can sleep abit.
3. Buy the Embers missing in the CraftingShops when you craft.
Cost wise.. you would have to decide.. which is most comfortable for you.
Good Luck!

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 01:02 PM
My inventory says 2 as well :(
Then it's as you said.. only 2 registered.
Try leaving your game off for an hour or so, hoping it fixes itself after a rest?
If not.. delete your game completely from your device and reload again from AppleStore?
If not yet.. hoping someone from the S8 team can help you!

girufel
01-20-17, 01:15 PM
To be doable.. without missing a single collection.. you would need 4Embers for the 12Collections in a day! Which is NOT possible as the drops differ and you will get even 2 per drop.
So feed the kids!!! When they're hungry they scream and fight and you can't think anymore!

I figure you have 3 choices as I mentioned somewhere before but all of them you would need gems.
1. Speed-up the CampFire before time is over, so you can collect more times

2. Buy the 2nd CampFire.. which calculating 2 low drops on each.. you can do it in the 12 collecting times.. hoping you get many 4Drops.. you can sleep abit.
3. Buy the Embers missing in the CraftingShops when you craft.
Cost wise.. you would have to decide.. which is most comfortable for you.
Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply. I should have done the maths BEFORE spending 50 gems to skip visiting 50 other kingdoms (due to the fact that our router is down and I am playing by using my cellphone as a - extremely slow- hotspot). So, I just went into my real kitchen and fed my children.

icydove
01-20-17, 01:43 PM
Then it's as you said.. only 2 registered.
Try leaving your game off for an hour or so, hoping it fixes itself after a rest?
If not.. delete your game completely from your device and reload again from AppleStore?
If not yet.. hoping someone from the S8 team can help you!

I have restarted my phone, reinstalled the game, still nothing. Thanks for trying to help.

parlski
01-20-17, 01:59 PM
I've had 19/20 requests all day long. :( this is going to hinder progress.

riverly
01-20-17, 02:07 PM
I've had 19/20 requests all day long. :( this is going to hinder progress.have you sent a request to Stormy? That is an automatic reply I think. And that should get you to 20.

riverly
01-20-17, 02:08 PM
My requests are not registering. The news section shows at least 10 requests have come back, and only two are registering. I have tried restarting the game several times. I had the same problem last event, and it is a game problem, not an active neighbor problem.are you getting the message" a friend has responded to your request" ?

parlski
01-20-17, 02:11 PM
have you sent a request to Stormy? That is an automatic reply I think. And that should get you to 20.

I chose my most active neighbours first, then selected everyone else. :(
I'm trying to sift through 60 pages to see if there's any hints. no luck yet

DarcyFeather
01-20-17, 02:14 PM
Did anyone else experience this in the 9th chapter? The rocks are becoming stingy with the drops. After 20 hits, I get only 1 icicle! My energy is drained just trying to get icicles... and it's not like we don't need the energy to craft other things! C'mon S8. Don't let us fail in the last leg of this event!

riverly
01-20-17, 02:15 PM
I chose my most active neighbours first, then selected everyone else. :(
I'm trying to sift through 60 pages to see if there's any hints. no luck yetok I just sent an invite. Testing, testing, testing.

I wonder if it's possible to send out too many requests? I don't know.

PrincessCupOButter
01-20-17, 02:16 PM

I just crafted my bear and I can confirm that he ability to craft them does remain in the workshop. I cannot say if they still drop fur, because I have one parked while I'm chopping rocks for icicles. But based on past experience, I imagine they will be around for the next 6 days. I'm not going for a second one due to the low spawn rate and energy consumption with the storybook.

PrincessCupOButter
01-20-17, 02:21 PM
Did anyone else experience this in the 9th chapter? The rocks are becoming stingy with the drops. After 20 hits, I get only 1 icicle! My energy is drained just trying to get icicles... and it's not like we don't need the energy to craft other things! C'mon S8. Don't let us fail in the last leg of this event!

I too, posted this earlier. I'm getting 1-3 icicles per rock pile. That's an awful return for 20 energy. Fortunately we only need 12 icicles (or 15 for a souvenir brick). But it's making it difficult for players who are trying to stock up for the snowy workshop later. :(

msmorg
01-20-17, 02:21 PM

Was there a sale on the cabbage hut yesterday? I was out of commission and have been waiting for it to come on sale!

cookie2crumble
01-20-17, 02:40 PM
Hi has anyone noticed that during chapter 7 there aren't any fire embers dropping from the campfire. I haven't upgraded the castle to level seven yet.

TerraRanomi
01-20-17, 02:48 PM
Hi has anyone noticed that during chapter 7 there aren't any fire embers dropping from the campfire. I haven't upgraded the castle to level seven yet.

That's because you don't need fire embers to upgrade to level 7 (see the first page) so they won't drop in chapter 7. They'll start dropping again in chapter 8.

Ankhan5
01-20-17, 02:51 PM
Community should work. Actual neighbors' visits do not count.

icydove
01-20-17, 03:01 PM
are you getting the message" a friend has responded to your request" ?

Yes, that's how I know I should have more than what is registering.

riverly
01-20-17, 03:06 PM
Yes, that's how I know I should have more than what is registering.yes, that is how I keep track of mine. Idk. Maybe give it some time, and in the meanwhile continue with any collections you might need such as embers, icicles, furs, make beams etc. anything that will enable you to get through everything else quickly. I hope it resets soon.

DarcyFeather
01-20-17, 03:11 PM
I too, posted this earlier. I'm getting 1-3 icicles per rock pile. That's an awful return for 20 energy. Fortunately we only need 12 icicles (or 15 for a souvenir brick). But it's making it difficult for players who are trying to stock up for the snowy workshop later. :(

You're right! It's an awful return! I've spent so much money on rocks for one measly icicle. I can't even think about the future workshop while wondering how to get by with the present need. I wish it gets better and the drops improve. What a waste it would be to have gone this far in the event, only to fail in the last chapter!

ShibuyaCloth
01-20-17, 03:35 PM
All pics & snowy workshops items live:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!-*-all-goal-details-in-post-1!-*&p=1385954&viewfull=1#post1385954

cheers196
01-20-17, 03:48 PM
Bears should appear in the FarmHouses for another 6 days.. it's shown in your GuideBook.
If the ability remains after crafting the first one.. I'm not sure BUT.. if you observe the goal in the GuideBook.. it checks off by itself and autocompletes when you craft the first one.. so it's safe to assume the goal finishes and no more drops will be received.
That's why I said in post before.. if you wish 2Bears.. craft them both at the same time. Or at least.. don't collect the first one till you are crafting the second one. This way you can collect both.

I just crafted my bear and I can confirm that he ability to craft them does remain in the workshop. I cannot say if they still drop fur, because I have one parked while I'm chopping rocks for icicles. But based on past experience, I imagine they will be around for the next 6 days. I'm not going for a second one due to the low spawn rate and energy consumption with the storybook.

Thank you for the info. I don't have the goal in the guidebook any more and I need 10 more fur to craft another one. I was hoping that I could forcus on getting icicles today and tomorrow then get the fur after the chapter book event.

If anyone who has crafted the first bear and finished the chapter book event and then saw the bears appear from farmhouses afterwards, let me know.

Alohatami
01-20-17, 04:13 PM
Hi. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but for the quest that wants us to buy the arctic bear bait, will we get the 20 gem reward just from using the bait? Or do we have to collect enough fur and then craft the bear before we get our 20 gems back? Thanks!

ShibuyaCloth
01-20-17, 04:25 PM
Hi. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but for the quest that wants us to buy the arctic bear bait, will we get the 20 gem reward just from using the bait? Or do we have to collect enough fur and then craft the bear before we get our 20 gems back? Thanks!

Don't need to use the bait.

bmg412
01-20-17, 04:33 PM
Q: If we purchase the bear bait, can it be stored after the event? The last event offered us a bait trap, but it could not be stored

Alohatami
01-20-17, 04:34 PM
I realize I don't need to use the bait, but I don't mind buying the trap to fulfill the quest, as long as I get my 20 gems back as soon as I use the trap and defeat the bear. On the last quest, I didn't get my gems back until I had crafted the bear. I'm not planning on crafting a bear this time around, but we do need fur for part of the main quest line. So I was just wondering which way the side quest was going this time...

LadyFencer
01-20-17, 05:18 PM
Well, this is just lovely. I had to be a real person today and focus totally on work this afternoon to finish a project. As a result, I couldn't babysit the game. Since this type of event allows zero room for such things to happen, I will have wasted the past week. I was right on time with each of the other days. Now I'm behind on the embers, and there's no way I can catch up to finish the last day on time tomorrow. I just spent 10 gems to get an ember because when I collected a few minutes ago, I got only 2 instead of the 3 I had been getting all along. Even with the boost, it won't make a difference, because I cannot collect embers fast enough, and I am not giving up sleep for a stupid game.

I was already soured on the other S8 game I play, and I think I'm pretty much finished with timed events here too. Not worth it. I could have done so much else with the time I spent tapping my screen.

PrincessCupOButter
01-20-17, 05:47 PM
I realize I don't need to use the bait, but I don't mind buying the trap to fulfill the quest, as long as I get my 20 gems back as soon as I use the trap and defeat the bear. On the last quest, I didn't get my gems back until I had crafted the bear. I'm not planning on crafting a bear this time around, but we do need fur for part of the main quest line. So I was just wondering which way the side quest was going this time...

You get the gems back immediately this time. I didn't even use the bait. And this time I was able to store the trap too.

letf8b
01-20-17, 06:30 PM
This quest is asking for to many embers. For the essence and the beams on a 2 hr. timer to get 2/3 embers. I've been faithfully playing and I don't think I will have enough to make the last upgrade. This will be the first quest I won't be able to finish since game started :(.

swedmeg
01-20-17, 07:20 PM
I have a problem with chapter 9. My request for builder permits are answered by my neighbours it says under news, but I don't recieve them.
I recieve some but not all.

icydove
01-20-17, 07:35 PM
I have a problem with chapter 9. My request for builder permits are answered by my neighbours it says under news, but I don't recieve them.

Me, too. It has only given me two.

alphama
01-20-17, 07:38 PM
I totally agree with you, even though I am finally retired, these timed events are all too time consuming. I do have an outside life as well. If S8 would make it plausible & more flexible to complete the events, they would be more fun & rewarding. Too much expected for little return. Not fun which is why I play the game. Going to be a good loyal nghbr as always, but not sure about future.....

Reply to LadyFencer post....

puzzlecatz
01-20-17, 08:53 PM

Even though it says to request from neighbours you actually collect from the community. I find I have to request to at least 5 times as many people as I actually will collect from

riverly
01-20-17, 09:50 PM
Even though it says to request from neighbours you actually collect from the community. I find I have to request to at least 5 times as many people as I actually will collect fromwith all due respect, this is not correct. We have to visit 50 community kingdoms and then request building permits from 20 of our neighbors. Most players will probably send out more than 20 requests to their neighbors.

Edit: I reread your post and I think we might be saying the same thing , but using different terminology.

letf8b
01-20-17, 10:16 PM
I can't find where I read it about the gold egg drops and Griffen roost. Did someone say their roost is only a decoration? My Griffen roost still has a 6 hour timer on it and I have had gold egg drops from it.

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 10:19 PM
Q: If we purchase the bear bait, can it be stored after the event? The last event offered us a bait trap, but it could not be stored
I have mine stored.. when I bought it the gems were restored immediately. After I put it in storage and still have it there.

Irma_Isle
01-20-17, 10:22 PM
Hay.. on day 9. While we waiting for neighbour req. Can we still collect fire ember and etc?

A7B92
01-20-17, 10:35 PM
I wish we could still collect icy petals and embers while waiting for the next chapter. Chapter 10 sure requires a bunch of embers from something that only drops embers every two hours. It would be nice if the hard things were required in the early chapters instead of at the end, so we wouldn't waste our time.

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 11:09 PM
Thank you for the info. I don't have the goal in the guidebook any more and I need 10 more fur to craft another one. I was hoping that I could forcus on getting icicles today and tomorrow then get the fur after the chapter book event.
If anyone who has crafted the first bear and finished the chapter book event and then saw the bears appear from farmhouses afterwards, let me know.

As the Bear goal is one of those goals that checks off automatically, autocompleting itself when you craft and 'collect' ONE.. furs will NOT drop from the Farm Houses anymore. The goal is finished.

The ability to craft will remain in the Work Shop till the end of the time shown.. but you will have to buy the remaining missing Furs with Gems in order to complete another one.

Therefore.. for who is interested in crafting TWO free Bears:
The best way is to collect all the furs and craft both Bears at same time..
Or.. (abit more risky as we forget we have a Bear in the Work Shop and collect by mistake).. is to craft one but NOT collect the 1st, till the 2nd one is in the Work Shop crafting.

This way you get two.. or MORE.. if you continue respecting the fact of crafting another 'before' collecting what's ready. Of course you need 2 Work Shops to do this. Furs will always drop during the crafting period.. but will stop when both Work Shops are empty.

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 11:13 PM
Hay.. on day 9. While we waiting for neighbour req. Can we still collect fire ember and etc?
Yes.. while waiting for neighbour requests to arrive.. ALL materials are available.

Irma_Isle
01-20-17, 11:16 PM
Yes.. while waiting for neighbour requests to arrive.. ALL materials are available.

Thank you... lovely as usual ��

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 11:17 PM
I wish we could still collect icy petals and embers while waiting for the next chapter. Chapter 10 sure requires a bunch of embers from something that only drops embers every two hours. It would be nice if the hard things were required in the early chapters instead of at the end, so we wouldn't waste our time.
During the waiting time, NO materials drop.. except Bear Furs as this is a different Goal.. so what you should do is to keep the Chapter open.. ie.. don't upgrade the Castle, till the last hour, so you can continue collecting.

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 11:20 PM
I can't find where I read it about the gold egg drops and Griffen roost. Did someone say their roost is only a decoration? My Griffen roost still has a 6 hour timer on it and I have had gold egg drops from it.
Yes this is correct.. You can also find Golden Egg drops from the Griffens.

MoonVillage3
01-20-17, 11:31 PM
Even though it says to request from neighbours you actually collect from the community. I find I have to request to at least 5 times as many people as I actually will collect from
we have to 'visit' communities in order to check off this goal.. but 'request' from neighbors. Automatically we are sent to the neighbor list when we tap 'Ask'.. so there should be no problems.

Asking double the amount of neighbor request I find is enough.. otherwise we only overload the system and lenghten the time of request delivery towards them.. and us to receive.
Ask nbrs who you know are doing the event.. who have already sent you recent requests, or posts on your wall.. you know they are playing.

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 12:01 AM
I found this in 'the Hub' time ago and saved it.. It explains how the Requesting System works. Thanking whoever posted this as it's very handy in understanding how this 'frustrating' system handles our requests.

<<<All your requests go out.
When 20 have been answered, the leftovers go out the next day (after S8's reset).
Unless you send out more requests to all nbrs, then that new request overrides the previous ones.
The requests continue to carry over each day until they've all been answered, or you replace them with new ones.
This is why you sometimes see a request several days old.>>>

What's important here, and is where many of us do errors, is to send out other requests, as we are impatient.
It's to know that this second batch of requests, even a single one, will only 'override' our first batch.. thus placing first batch requests to the bottom of the S8 sorting list.

If we choose players who:
..we know are doing the event
..who have posted our wall recently
..who visited our kingdoms recently
..who we see are posting in forum event thread
..who have sent us requests to return
we can't make mistakes!
Make a list.. send out only one sufficient batch.. so as not to interrupt the system.. and have patience.. all will come in!
For those who send out enormous amounts of requests.. only complicate their returns.. as much more to be sorted out by the system. I find that double the amount, 40/45, is safe.
Hope this may help someone.

cheers196
01-21-17, 12:06 AM
The fur will still drop after the bear goal is checked off. I crafted 4 bears so far one at a time. I am trying to make my fifth bear in time. I am not sure when the fur will stop dropping. At the end of the chapter book event or five days from now... I always get really obsessed about making these animals.:)

RevdKathy
01-21-17, 12:11 AM
I'm usually one who sees the problems in these games, but this one was straightforward for me.

The ridiculous item (gold) was early one so people who weren't going to get past that didn't invest days and days only to not complete.

I was at work all week, so had chunks of time when I couldn't babysit. I read the forum and didn't finish each day until it was almost time to start the next, so no gaps of not collecting. I saved my 'gem return' bear trap until I needed a bear in the game, which spared me waiting for one, and always made sure I started each day with a bear waiting ready spawned. I have all the resources I need to finish bar 9 embers, and one day to go. I spent no gems, no speeding up. I was pretty lucky with drops but yes, the rock drops slowed horribly during chapter nine, both icicles and snow.

My only concern was day nine: with everyone who was awake visiting fifty community members the whole network was decidedly unsteady. It kept locking up on me. And I still maintain that asking for 20 neighbour items on the penultimate day is wrong as the infrastructure can't handle it - again we have people saying they aren't getting their responses through in time. I was fine, but I still think this is an issue.

I don't have a bear - I prioritised the main story. If I want one, I may need to spend a few gems.

This is how I like the game to work. I can do or have the main items with a bit of effort, if I want extras I can pay. That seems fair to players and the company.

I even like having a snow corner in my Kingdom. I shall spend the spare days desperately working for permits to give it a bit more space.

zoroak
01-21-17, 01:37 AM
Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all who helped, especially kattkrazie for the heads-up and TerraRanomi for the material calculations which made it so much easier to complete this storybook event. I do like S8's design for Neva but the snowy workshop is really of no use to me and some of the lvl 50 players who have everything that it crafts. It's the lower level players who have missed out on these items who may want to use the snowy workshop. Perhaps a quest like the flower fusion one this week (which is a great one that doesn't require too much energy or resources) would be better as a separate snowy workshop quest for lower level players.

ginourmous
01-21-17, 01:39 AM
So sick of those neighbor request on day 9 of a 10 day event. So unfair. They are forcing us to use gems when neighbors are not responding fast enough of just lose all the hard work we already put into the event. Please stop doing that or make neighbor request EARLY in the event so we can make up the time wasted waiting. Also we should always be able yo make the material we will need in the next step. If you uograde the caStle you can't make anything else. IT should be made clear in the event. TO visit the forum should NOT be a must to get thru an event.

bss0226
01-21-17, 01:42 AM
Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all who helped, especially kattkrazie for the heads-up and TerraRanomi for the material calculations which made it so much easier to complete this storybook event. I do like S8's design for Neva but the snowy workshop is really of no use to me and some of the lvl 50 players who have everything that it crafts. It's the lower level players who have missed out on these items who may want to use the snowy workshop. Perhaps a quest like the flower fusion one this week (which is a great one that doesn't require too much energy or resources) would be better as a separate snowy workshop quest for lower level players.

However, regardless, once we completed chapter 10 all material drops stop. I'm talking icicles, snowballs etc. I chopped a rock 20 times got nothing. Need icicles for the crafts. Luckily I had 3 icicles leftover from the event so I could make the snowman. Is the skating pond a decoration or does it drop anything?

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 01:56 AM
However, regardless, once we completed chapter 10 all material drops stop. I'm talking icicles, snowballs etc. I chopped a rock 20 times got nothing. Need icicles for the crafts. Luckily I had 3 icicles leftover from the event so I could make the snowman. Is the skating pond a decoration or does it drop anything?

Yes.. this is true and has been mentioned many times during the event by those who forged ahead. Materials used in the Snowy Workshop you will now get from Neva when collecting.
Wise step would have been to keep the 10th chapter open till the last moment.. just to stock up for the Snowy Workshop use.

Freshte
01-21-17, 02:16 AM
I just want to know who is responsible for designing these staged goal events for the game -- I think this person has forgotten what makes a game fun. It isn't boring, tedious goals that are nearly impossible to complete (not to mention frustrating) within the abbreviated time frame. Babysitting the game and setting collection alarms isn't fun either.

Could we perhaps propose to develop reasonable goals that are challenging but still fun? I quit the game for six months and came back to see if this element of events has changed. It hasn't and frankly it seems to have grown worse. Just my two cents

Zirilka
01-21-17, 02:19 AM
Embers prove to be the bottleneck for me; regular collections are not eight with the drop rate fixed on two. Five ember essences means 15 and three ice blocks mean further 9 embers in a day. First event in a long time that may need gems if I want to finish. Haven't decided yet if I want to.

zoroak
01-21-17, 02:22 AM
As Moonvillage3 has said, you need to collect from Neva to get icicles, snowballs and snowflakes. The skating pond and everything else the snowy workshop crafts are decorations. Ice lily is the exception. The workshop is not very useful to me as I have everything, most of which is in storage.

castleten7
01-21-17, 02:39 AM
I need active people. I'm stuck on the permits goal. I've got everything to finish. Where to find active players. Add me castleten7

SpiritWind00
01-21-17, 02:45 AM
You can find neighbours in the Add Me Forum (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Castle-Story-Add-Me)..... :) (I see you found it yourself! :))

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 02:50 AM
I need active people. I'm stuck on the permits goal. I've got everything to finish. Where to find active players. Add me castleten7
Here you can find the January 2017 Add Me page:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96471-Castle-Story-January-2017&p=1388716#post1388716
I see you have already posted.. but add too all the id's of those who are looking for nbrs too.
Ive added you too.
Good Luck!

DrP4ever
01-21-17, 03:08 AM
If you only play periodically on wifi these events are just no fun. I started this game when it first came out, enjoyed plodding along slowly, in the evenings when I have time and wifi. Ow everything is all about events or limited drops or both. There's no way to achieve these. I've deleted before and hoped it would improve but sadly no. What used to be a fun game is no longer sadly.

Sirelie
01-21-17, 03:16 AM
I have Ice Castle on lv. 10, but I dont see Neva.
I did forced restart game - but still nothing.
Is Neva going to appear after goal "A Warm Welcome to the Ice Queen"?

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 03:22 AM
I have Ice Castle on lv. 10, but I dont see Neva.
I did forced restart game - but still nothing.
Is Neva going to appear after goal "A Warm Welcome to the Ice Queen"?
She should be in your Inventory after 10th upgrade of the Icy Castle

Sirelie
01-21-17, 03:27 AM
She should be in your Inventory after 10th upgrade of the Icy Castle

Oh, thanks! She was there!
I thought that she is a walker, I did not look for her in inventory.
Neva looks very pretty :)

spanisheyes1
01-21-17, 04:38 AM
Just a reminder to you and others who have been commenting on the slowness of neighbours. I have been checking for requests just about every hour for the last few days. Today I got a lot that were all two days old so please dont blaim it on neighbour inactivity because it itsnt always the case. I react as soon as I see a request. I would hazard a guess that it is very rarely neighbours who are slow but just the S8 way of doing things. The biggest problem is time zones and unless this is added to your profile it will always be a problem.

scavaig
01-21-17, 04:39 AM
I'm usually one who sees the problems in these games, but this one was straightforward for me.

The ridiculous item (gold) was early one so people who weren't going to get past that didn't invest days and days only to not complete.

I was at work all week, so had chunks of time when I couldn't babysit. I read the forum and didn't finish each day until it was almost time to start the next, so no gaps of not collecting. I saved my 'gem return' bear trap until I needed a bear in the game, which spared me waiting for one, and always made sure I started each day with a bear waiting ready spawned. I have all the resources I need to finish bar 9 embers, and one day to go. I spent no gems, no speeding up. I was pretty lucky with drops but yes, the rock drops slowed horribly during chapter nine, both icicles and snow.

My only concern was day nine: with everyone who was awake visiting fifty community members the whole network was decidedly unsteady. It kept locking up on me. And I still maintain that asking for 20 neighbour items on the penultimate day is wrong as the infrastructure can't handle it - again we have people saying they aren't getting their responses through in time. I was fine, but I still think this is an issue.

I don't have a bear - I prioritised the main story. If I want one, I may need to spend a few gems.

This is how I like the game to work. I can do or have the main items with a bit of effort, if I want extras I can pay. That seems fair to players and the company.

I even like having a snow corner in my Kingdom. I shall spend the spare days desperately working for permits to give it a bit more space.

I absolutely Agree with all this. Found it straight forward and not particularly stressful. I did not complete a chapter until 5 minutes before the next chapter started so could continue to pick up the items I needed for the next day.

Also it's very nice art work - thanks s8

Also big thanks to katt and the others who posted re requirements.

Your input is so appreciated.

parlski
01-21-17, 04:45 AM
I finally got my requests after 24 hours.
I don't believe there's enough time for me to finish this event without spending gems. I am not spending gems.

cavegirl1
01-21-17, 05:04 AM
I finally got my requests after 24 hours.
I don't believe there's enough time for me to finish this event without spending gems. I am not spending gems.

Did you continue to collect resources and make items while waiting? I don't expect to get all my permits in the first 24 hrs, I will need to get a few more on the last day (by sending requests to the same people that responded quickly the first time due to when they play ). This happens for most events for me. But I have been able to make what I need for chapter 10 while waiting, so it will then be straight forward to finish without any need to spend gems.

cavegirl1
01-21-17, 05:12 AM
Agreeing with RevdKathy and scavaig

Also, starting a day later worked well for me as, along with really being able to learn from the forum, it has meant the last 2 days are on Saturday and Sunday for me when I have more time to get a lot of resources for the final sprint. Judging by my neighbours and when I started receiving permit requests, quite a few did this as well :)

Was only going to try for an arctic bear if it I looked like I would be getting close. Now am thinking I might see if I can collect enough for 2 ...

ktorewqas
01-21-17, 05:15 AM
The drop rate of icicles is so bad this morning. I chopped 4 rocks and got 0-1-2-0 :mad: I'm not going to waste my energy for winter workshop any more so my castle is lvl 10 now and I'm done the event ;)

AinoDK
01-21-17, 05:16 AM
No need for boosting workshops or potion shops. In 2 hours crafting consumes 6 embers while I can get 2-4. my shops are idly waiting :(

Thanks to Katts & others I stayed on chp 6 and went straight to chp 8, and didn't upgrade castle before next chapter was ready. But I've had some long working days and still need 33 embers. Timed the event so I had chp 9+10 in the weekend where I have most time (but I still need to be away for hours both days). Neihbors responded quickly. I'm fully stocked on all other items, maxed on snowballs and snow flakes, alicorns bursting with energy, all to no avail. 2 hour collection time on the critical item is ****ing me.

RevdKathy
01-21-17, 05:59 AM
Yes, I should have included a massive thanks to Katt and the Gemmers (is that a band?) for all the help, support and advice. I knew I'd miss something out out of a past the that long.

meme1098
01-21-17, 07:20 AM
The problem with neighbor requests continues to be a problem S8! Practically all the players requesting on the same day is gonna be a load on the servers. I'm sure that's why my game has been giving me problems for the last 2 days & I never have a problem since I'm on a stable wifi network. But the game takes forever to load. I force close every time after I've finished a session so reloading has been taking forever...much, much longer than normal.
This time it would have made much more sense to have that request in an early chapter since who gets a building permit after the building is practically already built? You have to have that thing first...lol.

sued62
01-21-17, 07:36 AM
Thanks for all the help with this event. I'm finished but am unable to make snowman in the snow hut as rocks no longer giving snowballs or icicles!! Is this a temporary glitch please?

gracelinda
01-21-17, 07:40 AM
I'm having problems loading the game. Anyone else having this problem today?

PrincessCupOButter
01-21-17, 07:40 AM
Thanks for all the help with this event. I'm finished but am unable to make snowman in the snow hut as rocks no longer giving snowballs or icicles!! Is this a temporary glitch please?

Unfortunately it's not a glitch. The drops stop after the ice castle is complete. The resources for the snowy workshop will be drops from Neva.

rulerofjennyville
01-21-17, 07:48 AM
It doesn't look like I'll be able to finish without 550 gems. And I started off with all the extras I needed (I didn't have to craft things like hearty feasts or find truffles or golden eggs). The embers are all that tripped me up. I'll keep trying but with only 20 hours left there's just no way to finish. I don't see how anyone finished without gems. Did anyone finish without using a single gem the way I played?

PrincessCupOButter
01-21-17, 07:56 AM
The problem with neighbor requests continues to be a problem S8! Practically all the players requesting on the same day is gonna be a load on the servers. I'm sure that's why my game has been giving me problems for the last 2 days & I never have a problem since I'm on a stable wifi network. But the game takes forever to load. I force close every time after I've finished a session so reloading has been taking forever...much, much longer than normal.
This time it would have made much more sense to have that request in an early chapter since who gets a building permit after the building is practically already built? You have to have that thing first...lol.

My game has been very slow to load for the past 2 days as well. And it takes forever to load when visiting neighbors and community. I would blame my device, but it's the same way on my much newer iPhone as well. I hadn't thought about the requests....

I laughed about those building permit requests! I found it strange also. The Baron must have sent an inspector by. We ALMOST got the thing built without getting permits!! ;)
And the strangest part is, they stay in inventory. It seems like they would have been part of the level 9 or 10 upgrade, since we had to bother collecting them. :confused:

Finally, while the snowy workshop is cute, and a nice extra touch, mine will be in storage soon, since I already have pretty much everything it crafts in storage.(Expansions, please!) And thanks to that workshop and a 2 yr old granddaughter, I now have "Do you want to build a snowman?" running through my head. :rolleyes:

bss0226
01-21-17, 08:28 AM
My game has been very slow to load for the past 2 days as well. And it takes forever to load when visiting neighbors and community. I would blame my device, but it's the same way on my much newer iPhone as well. I hadn't thought about the requests....

I laughed about those building permit requests! I found it strange also. The Baron must have sent an inspector by. We ALMOST got the thing built without getting permits!! ;)
And the strangest part is, they stay in inventory. It seems like they would have been part of the level 9 or 10 upgrade, since we had to bother collecting them. :confused:

Finally, while the snowy workshop is cute, and a nice extra touch, mine will be in storage soon, since I already have pretty much everything it crafts in storage.(Expansions, please!) And thanks to that workshop and a 2 yr old granddaughter, I now have "Do you want to build a snowman?" running through my head. :rolleyes:

Agreed and there is a bug with requests. I sent out like 24 requests to neighbors. As they were accepted quickly, I watched as they appeared in my newsfeed. I quickly got my 20 requests accepted. However, only 19 showed up in my goal count. I was counting them as they came in. We spread them out over 15 minutes. The same happened to my friend. She had 20 requests accepted and 19 showed in goal. Thank goodness for stormie. After about 1 hr stormie filled my last and my neighbors last request.

I wrote to tech support about this during last event. The reply I received indicated there is a bug in the request and gift system that would take an update to the app to fix.

I agree that neighbor requests on an earlier day would be much better.

meme1098
01-21-17, 08:47 AM
Agreed and there is a bug with requests. I sent out like 24 requests to neighbors. As they were accepted quickly, I watched as they appeared in my newsfeed. I quickly got my 20 requests accepted. However, only 19 showed up in my goal count. I was counting them as they came in. We spread them out over 15 minutes. The same happened to my friend. She had 20 requests accepted and 19 showed in goal. Thank goodness for stormie. After about 1 hr stormie filled my last and my neighbors last request.

➡️➡️I wrote to tech support about this during last event. The reply I received indicated there is a bug in the request and gift system that would take an update to the app to fix.

Seeing as how this happens every time now with the requests, S8, either eliminate them altogether, move them to Chapter 1 or 2, or get the darn thing fixed then.

And please, please let this be the last goal where we continuously do the same chopping & collecting over & over again! It's not a goal anymore...it's just mindless tapping!

BufftonHeights
01-21-17, 08:55 AM
It doesn't look like I'll be able to finish without 550 gems. And I started off with all the extras I needed (I didn't have to craft things like hearty feasts or find truffles or golden eggs). The embers are all that tripped me up. I'll keep trying but with only 20 hours left there's just no way to finish. I don't see how anyone finished without gems. Did anyone finish without using a single gem the way I played?

I finished without using a single gem. But, and this is a big but, it would not have been possible without those in the forums who advised not to upgrade to chapter 7 until ready to upgrade to chapter 8. That extra 24 hours made all the difference in collecting the embers. Thank you forum! :)

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 09:05 AM
I wrote to tech support about this during last event. The reply I received indicated there is a bug in the request and gift system that would take an update to the app to fix.

Agree to this.. even if I did not have problems in completing my requests.. there were always discrepancies between the automatic figures registered in the goal, news feed and inventory. They were never the same, and also a difference of 5.

I did find it strange that the Icy Permits were placed in the Inventory, it's the first time this happenes, but found that this was the correct figure. The New Feed board still has difficulties in reading the names of the kingdoms as many are without.

Fully agree also.. that requests are not made during the last days of an event, as the system is not perfect and clearly overloaded.. thus leaving us time to adjust things. Seems like a try was made to fix this, but it's not perfect yet.

cuted1011
01-21-17, 09:50 AM
I was wondering if someone knows if how many Frozen Dahlias you could buy with coins only? When I purchased mine I put two out and I see that when I go back in the store they are now for sale for gems. I am trying to figure out if my 2nd used gems. Unfortunately I just bought gems and do t remember how many I had.

jessiefromshimerville
01-21-17, 09:51 AM
Once again this game has figured out how to aggravate me. I am stuck on the 19 requested never turning to 20. I can see someone helped and it should be worth by now. I have turned off my iPad several times and it does not fix it.

sasnu
01-21-17, 10:03 AM
Once again this game has figured out how to aggravate me. I am stuck on the 19 requested never turning to 20. I can see someone helped and it should be worth by now. I have turned off my iPad several times and it does not fix it.

I'm experiencing the same thing! Driving me nuts. I'm now going to run out of time to get the embers because I can't move forward. I even sent my last request to my other account and responded to it. Not registering even after turning the ipad on and off multiple times. Ack!

ladlasse
01-21-17, 10:07 AM
I have a busy day and wasn't sure I'd be able to tend to the campfire to get fire embers for completing the last upgrade to the ice castle without coming down to the wire. I bit the bullet, and decided to buy the special bundle just to get a second campfire. I had regularly been getting 3 embers each collection, a couple times 4, but 2 only once. However, the first collection when I had two campfires resulted in 2 each (so like getting 4 from my one campfire). Interesting! Perhaps I didn't need to purchase the bundle after all, if it isn't going to give me the 3 embers like I was getting almost every time.

Nekohoshi
01-21-17, 10:07 AM
Ugh didn't read the side quest information about collecting as much as you can. Now I have to wait months to get what I'll need to craft all the ice stuff. Too bad tamed Artic Bears don't also drop snowflakes, icy snowballs, and icicles. Would make turning my kingdom into an icy wonderland a whole lot faster.

redlorry
01-21-17, 10:14 AM
Ugh didn't read the side quest information about collecting as much as you can. Now I have to wait months to get what I'll need to craft all the ice stuff. Too bad tamed Artic Bears don't also drop snowflakes, icy snowballs, and icicles. Would make turning my kingdom into an icy wonderland a whole lot faster.

I missed it too, why would it stop dropping when there is still a goal open? Very unfair.

transberry
01-21-17, 10:24 AM
Had all the parts for level 10 update, 5 extra essence, 3 extra beams

Day 10 opens up and these are gone from my inventory

14 hours left and unless I remember to click every 2 hours I will not get enough remade

I didn't take a screen shot cause I'd just learned my best friends mom died

Until now this event was easy, could play very low key, not constant

Now just grrrrrr

Nekohoshi
01-21-17, 10:34 AM
I missed it too, why would it stop dropping when there is still a goal open? Very unfair.

Yeah it's unfair but more to the players that don't know about the forums. Only way I found it was because I didn't know how to find an item and accidentally found this place. The players who don't use the forms would be struggling to the end to get every little thing they need to find out there was a place that had tips and amounts of what they needed to do. And to finally learn that they were suppose to horde items as much as they could.

bmg412
01-21-17, 10:34 AM
Haven't upgraded to level 10, however the icicles are no longer dropping from the rock up toppings, What's with that!!

redlorry
01-21-17, 10:39 AM
Haven't upgraded to level 10, however the icicles are no longer dropping from the rock up toppings, What's with that!!
They should be until you pass the goal.

redlorry
01-21-17, 10:43 AM
Yeah it's unfair but more to the players that don't know about the forums. Only way I found it was because I didn't know how to find an item and accidentally found this place. The players who don't use the forms would be struggling to the end to get every little thing they need to find out there was a place that had tips and amounts of what they needed to do. And to finally learn that they were suppose to horde items as much as they could.

I was regularly consulting the forum, I often do, but was focusing on competing the time limited goals before time runs out. I honestly don't think Id be able to complete at all without the tips from here. I agree it's even more unfair to players that don't visit here.

TerraRanomi
01-21-17, 10:56 AM
I was wondering if someone knows if how many Frozen Dahlias you could buy with coins only? When I purchased mine I put two out and I see that when I go back in the store they are now for sale for gems. I am trying to figure out if my 2nd used gems. Unfortunately I just bought gems and do t remember how many I had.

You should be safe regarding your gems. First 2 frozen dahlia's are 100 coins each. ;)

PrincessCupOButter
01-21-17, 11:12 AM
I'm experiencing the same thing! Driving me nuts. I'm now going to run out of time to get the embers because I can't move forward. I even sent my last request to my other account and responded to it. Not registering even after turning the ipad on and off multiple times. Ack!

You can still collect embers (and all other materials) while waiting for the neighbor requests. The request glitch is ridiculous though. Seems like a lot of players are getting stuck at 19.

S8, what is the deal?! You require these requests during the last days of every storybook, and it glitches for every storybook. There is no reason it shouldn't work smoothly by now. If it can't be fixed then stop requiring them. Enough already!

Based on my experience and previous comments, the icicle drop rates have been reduced drastically. Yet another roadblock. :( If I were a skeptical person, I'd say it's designed to cause panic and the use of gems. :rolleyes:
Fortunately, only 14 are absolutely necessary to complete the goals. (12 for the beams and 2 for the snowman in the snowy workshop.)
Unfortunaly, it is preventing players from stocking up in order to actually use the workshop for other crafts.

Nekohoshi
01-21-17, 11:24 AM
I was regularly consulting the forum, I often do, but was focusing on competing the time limited goals before time runs out. I honestly don't think Id be able to complete at all without the tips from here. I agree it's even more unfair to players that don't visit here.

Like if they changed the collection time from 8 hours to let's say 2 hours then I wouldn't be so upset by not having the materials to craft. That way people can still have the option to craft items if they want to. Or just ignore it and it not be so heavy if they ever want to craft these lovely items.

keychaindragon
01-21-17, 11:29 AM
Quick question, how many gems is it to open a chapter early? Thanks! I couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere, maybe I just missed it.

dragoniakingdom
01-21-17, 11:51 AM
Well,I finished it, did I enjoy it ....NO!

The main problem for me was the neighbour requests,even after rebooting the [ blank] had answered your request...no names showing as to which neighbour.Then being stuck on 19 for 8 hours although the manual count after 1 hour was the required 20.

It may have gone smoothly for some & Im glad it did,for myself the bugs in game made it unpleasant.
Just some feedback from a long time player who used to love this game.

(Just to add I kept within the 20 + stormie for the requests & yes # 20 did send theirs in plenty of time,but never showed up)

scavaig
01-21-17, 11:58 AM

No gems used by me.

Did not really babysit the game. Not sure why I did not have a problem. I did not ' finish' one day until just before the next one started but it all was fairly easy for me . Collected through day 7 and started 8 late ... As recommended by the forum :-)

Had quite a few drops of '4' embers . Did you get a lot of low drops ?

..... .?

scavaig
01-21-17, 11:59 AM
Quick question, how many gems is it to open a chapter early? Thanks! I couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere, maybe I just missed it.

Depends on the day. Starts at 10 gems and increases by 10 gems each day.

ashley224
01-21-17, 12:01 PM

Chapter 2, costs 20 gems
Chapter 3, costs 30 gems
Etc
Chapter 10, costs 100 gems

CocoMom101
01-21-17, 12:07 PM
In Neva's Workshop, it still says that icicles can be obtained from rock outcroppings. Is this true. Will rocks continue to provide icicles? I haven't gotten any from rocks since I updated the castle to level 10. If we can only get the crafting items from Neva then the item descriptions need to reflect that. Thanks.

msmorg
01-21-17, 12:21 PM
No need for boosting workshops or potion shops. In 2 hours crafting consumes 6 embers while I can get 2-4. my shops are idly waiting :(

Thanks to Katts & others I stayed on chp 6 and went straight to chp 8, and didn't upgrade castle before next chapter was ready. But I've had some long working days and still need 33 embers. Timed the event so I had chp 9+10 in the weekend where I have most time (but I still need to be away for hours both days). Neihbors responded quickly. I'm fully stocked on all other items, maxed on snowballs and snow flakes, alicorns bursting with energy, all to no avail. 2 hour collection time on the critical item is ****ing me.
I am in the same boat, I've only been able to get 45 embers, I'm holding at Chapter 6, looks like I won't be able to finish in time. If S8 could increase the number of ember drops it would sure help.

Nikospets
01-21-17, 12:57 PM
I am on Chapter 8 goal one, I have been trying to slay an artic bear but all I am getting is fangbeasts. Has anyone else had this problem, I've tapped at least 30 farm houses with no luck!

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 01:06 PM
In Neva's Workshop, it still says that icicles can be obtained from rock outcroppings. Is this true. Will rocks continue to provide icicles? I haven't gotten any from rocks since I updated the castle to level 10. If we can only get the crafting items from Neva then the item descriptions need to reflect that. Thanks.

From what has been reported this is not so! We have been warned by our forgers that ALL drops will end when the IcyCastle has been updated to 10th. Except.. the Fur from the Bears which is a side-goal and will last till time shown there.. or until you 'Tame' a Bear.
We can only hope the Icy Castle drops materials for the Snowy Workshop when the event finishes for all, but for the time being can only be found from Neva's drops.

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 01:18 PM
I am on Chapter 8 goal one, I have been trying to slay an artic bear but all I am getting is fangbeasts. Has anyone else had this problem, I've tapped at least 30 farm houses with no luck!
Went over to have a look at your kingdom to see why you have problems in spawning the Bears as it's quite easy.
Try building more Farm Houses.. maybe total 10 or 12 all together near each other.
Tap all of them when they are ready.
Before all are collected you can spawn at least 2, sometimes 3. You may spawn Fangbeasts, but they use only 2/3 Energies to fight as energy is given back, continue this way and Bears will show up.
Good Luck!

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 02:31 PM
Had all the parts for level 10 update, 5 extra essence, 3 extra beams

Day 10 opens up and these are gone from my inventory

14 hours left and unless I remember to click every 2 hours I will not get enough remade

I didn't take a screen shot cause I'd just learned my best friends mom died

Until now this event was easy, could play very low key, not constant

Now just grrrrrr

Maybe they have been used for the Icy Castle 9th upgrade? It's the same amount of Ember Essence and Icy Beams needed for the 10th upgrade. Seems like that is what happened. When you checked, they were there.. but after you upgraded the Castle to 9th where they are needed also. Do however hope you can make it as you've reached so far. Good Luck!

Nikospets
01-21-17, 03:11 PM
Thank you for your help! I just thought it was strange that I was getting so many fang beasts. I never had a problem with spawning a artic bear until the last couple of days.

TimeForACuppaTea
01-21-17, 03:20 PM
From what has been reported this is not so! We have been warned by our forgers that ALL drops will end when the IcyCastle has been updated to 10th. Except.. the Fur from the Bears which is a side-goal and will last till time shown there.. or until you 'Tame' a Bear.
We can only hope the Icy Castle drops materials for the Snowy Workshop when the event finishes for all, but for the time being can only be found from Neva's drops.

This is the info I was looking for too. Hopefully they fix this issue once the event ends. I just waisted energy busting up a rock to get only the same old stuff. If I'd checked here before finishing I'd have collected extra. Oh well, I'll just wait and hope for a fix.

spanisheyes1
01-21-17, 03:30 PM
I have just spent quite a while breaking down all the ingredients into their primary parts to check what I have against what I need. I have everything for goal 3, chapter 8. This has 8 or so hours still to run, this gives me time to start collecting for chapter's 9 and 10.
Now to my question (my appologies if this gets a bit convoluted but I cannot make it shorter).
According to the list, post 1 at the begining of this thread. Chapter 9, goal 4 requires ICICLES. This is the first mention I have seen of icicles so is this something fresh that has appeared or is it something that already exists with a different name or have I missed something basic? I must admit that I am more than confused.

AinoDK
01-21-17, 03:43 PM
...Chapter 9, goal 4 requires ICICLES. This is the first mention I have seen of icicles so is this something fresh that has appeared or is it something that already exists with a different name or have I missed something basic? I must admit that I am more than confused.

Icicles will start dropping from rock outcroppins along with the snowballs, as desribed in post 1 near the top. It is not a certain drop, but not too rare

parlski
01-21-17, 04:04 PM

you're not the only one. I've gotten more fangbeasts than polar bears at chapter 8 and 9.
I've also put my 9 3/4 complete castle in storage. by the maths it's impossible to make enough items. so close.
I guess I could spend 1400 gems to complete it.... nahh.
wish me luck on at least getting the bear.

spanisheyes1
01-21-17, 04:41 PM
Icicles will start dropping from rock outcroppins along with the snowballs, as desribed in post 1 near the top. It is not a certain drop, but not too rare
Thank you. My eyes are so gritty with all the lists I have compiled I completely missed that.

katbtodd
01-21-17, 05:03 PM
First drops from Neva ,snowball ,icicle ,and glimmerdust

msmorg
01-21-17, 05:05 PM
Help I initated the Best Brewer boost for the potion shop to speed up the ember essence and the timer started on the fast worker boost for workshop, not the potion shop. Thinking I had made the mistake I tried again to activate Best Brewer boost for the potion shop and now it shows the timer again on fast worker (2) for the workshops!

transberry
01-21-17, 05:18 PM
Uggh

Still need 4 essence. 7 hr 49 min left of goal

2 hours for each fire to be ready I only have 1

Remaking all these items crazy wish I had that dang screenshot I would have been done hours ago

I get 5-7 icicles from each rock so I have at least 30 in inventory great for crafting

fish63
01-21-17, 05:27 PM
Collected from Neva for the last time, but can't craft snowman as the rocks and trees still aren't dropping snowballs, icicles or snowflakes?

MAC121980
01-21-17, 06:05 PM
Collected from Neva for the last time, but can't craft snowman as the rocks and trees still aren't dropping snowballs, icicles or snowflakes?

I'm having the same problem...rocks aren't dropping anything since I finished upgrading the castle.

rulerofjennyville
01-21-17, 06:06 PM
I gave up, spent three dollars and finished this. Now I'm up to build a snow workshop but I don't have one in my inventory. Do I have to collect four times from the fairy before it appears?

phlyps
01-21-17, 06:06 PM
Yes I can't get anything from my rocks either so just wasted 40 lives breaking two new rocks up as my other device I at least got one icicle for all my efforts

TerraRanomi
01-21-17, 06:18 PM
@fish63
@MAC121980
@phlyps

The rocks and willows stop dropping snowballs, etc. after you upgrade your castle to level 10 and get Neva (see post #2). Which is why it's better to stock up before completing the castle.;)

phlyps
01-21-17, 06:22 PM
I ended up spending gems to speed up the fire embers asi don't have two hrs to be Jonny on the spot every single time but with the new price hike in gems I won't be buying anymore so I think my following the story line closely from now on will be lmited as the last couple quest either couldn't finish it with out spending a lot on gems nor do so and I won't be buying gems at those prices and no purchase button To go ahead with spending gems to speed stuff you've onlyhit bymistake as a disable user I go throughalot them gems this way by mistake in gameplay. And to replace gems mis spend on an in game play error that should not in my opinion on a game that relies on the player flicking an index finger across the screen to move you main charter through the board.im alovel +50 level many times over and I have been playing years and have been finding these times events getting tedious.so God knows
what a lower lever player without the readies I have through 4 years is struggling to finish

yummy_bistro
01-21-17, 06:23 PM
With less than 7 hours
To go
Impossible to finish need upgrade to 10!
Why ice beam n ember both need fire embers????
I gave up

cavegirl1
01-21-17, 06:26 PM
This is the info I was looking for too. Hopefully they fix this issue once the event ends. I just waisted energy busting up a rock to get only the same old stuff. If I'd checked here before finishing I'd have collected extra. Oh well, I'll just wait and hope for a fix.

I may be wrong ... but I don't expect them to have the resources start dropping from rocks and trees after the event. Given this is an optional event, I would think it unlikely.

cavegirl1
01-21-17, 06:42 PM
No gems used by me.

Did not really babysit the game. Not sure why I did not have a problem. I did not ' finish' one day until just before the next one started but it all was fairly easy for me . Collected through day 7 and started 8 late ... As recommended by the forum :-)

Had quite a few drops of '4' embers . Did you get a lot of low drops ?

..... .?

Same here. No gems spent. Not finished yet ( on day 9 ) but have everything I need

I do think luck/fortune was on my side. I got good drops of icicles (for some reason seemed to get more if I had a dire boar spawn when chopping ...). Good rate for fire embers. Good rate for arctic bears with only 4 farm houses out.

And I think there was a glitch that worked in my favour for permits

Just as I was sending out my first 20, my finger slipped and I added a neighbour who I know doesn't play. So sent out 21. (And then still did Stormie). Waited a few hours and decided to try sending a request to another neighbour, not in the first lot. Got their permit as my 20th! No idea why that worked ... Nbr requests are generally a lot slower than that for me.

And yes, I do have quite a few energy resources which obviously helped a lot with the overall goal.

So I feel for those where drop rates are low and permits are causing issues.

MAC121980
01-21-17, 06:44 PM
I may be wrong ... but I don't expect them to have the resources start dropping from rocks and trees after the event. Given this is an optional event, I would think it unlikely.

Except that the items inside the crafting house you win upon finishing the event requires icicles, snowballs, etc.

MAC121980
01-21-17, 06:45 PM
@fish63
@MAC121980
@phlyps

The rocks and willows stop dropping snowballs, etc. after you upgrade your castle to level 10 and get Neva (see post #2). Which is why it's better to stock up before completing the castle.;)

Then what's the point of the crafting house with crafts requiring all those items? Seems pretty pointless...

cavegirl1
01-21-17, 06:48 PM
Except that the items inside the crafting house you win upon finishing the event requires icicles, snowballs, etc.

Yes as I said I may be wrong but as they have given us Neva to get these drops from, I personally will be surprised if it changes.

MAC121980
01-21-17, 06:49 PM
Then what's the point of the crafting house with crafts requiring all those items? Seems pretty pointless...
Also, within the craft house it states that the items come from the previous sources. If you're supposed to already have them, why does it still list the old source? (For example, it still states that icicles are dropped from rocks)

MAC121980
01-21-17, 06:50 PM
Yes as I said I may be wrong but as they have given us Neva to get these drops from, I personally will be surprised if it changes.
Waste of time...guess it's a good thing I have no desire to craft any of the crafting options.

meme1098
01-21-17, 07:05 PM
Also, within the craft house it states that the items come from the previous sources. If you're supposed to already have them, why does it still list the old source? (For example, it still states that icicles are dropped from rocks)

You can't get the snowy Workshop without upgrading the castle to level 10...& the item info cards in that Workshop state they are to drop from the previous sources; rock outcroppings & icy willows. So S8 needs to know this.
MAC121980, can you post in the Bugs thread so maybe on Monday this can be resolved.

riverly
01-21-17, 08:21 PM
I chose to waste the day collecting snowflakes, icicles, and snowballs. Ended up with 200 snowflakes, 200 snowballs, and a whopping 21 icicles. i enjoyed learning different strategies of doing this event but really the end result is just Bleh!!!

janddolphins
01-21-17, 10:45 PM
So I have less than 3 hours left and have to determine whether it's worth about 300 gems to complete which would be all of my gems left. I wasn't good when it came to collecting the came fire on time and I was quite sick all week which left me some days only checking in once or twice. I'm going to assume it's not worth the price. It's a shame I won't get to finish. I think second quest I didn't finish since being high enough go finish them all. Last one was for being sick and unable to babysit my phone as well. I'll keep going as far as I can. I had sped up the camp fire twice then looking at the math and how many more times with my luck of 2's and needing 47 I just don't think so. I might put 50 gems into the game as we progress and it does turn around looking like I have a chance. But I still don't even understand the reward. Lol.

Best of luck to those still going! Not sure if this is a bad sign that I no longer am devastated when I can't make a quest. On the plus side I have 5 days to focus on the polar bear as my castle keeps turning into a zoo. I personally love the animals but it makes me think I'm playing FarmVille or something. At least several of these animals are unique to the time period.

Ok ramble over, we will see tonight/tomorrow morning how I did!

*edit: I think the math was significantly wrong, im on too much meds, and I only need 10 more from fire camp so for 50 total gems buying and speeding I'll give this a go with my hour and a half left and if I did miss something and after the 50 I still need a lot more then I'll call it quits, let's roll the dice and see if I'm right or just foggy brained haha!

***edit 2: 10 minutes to go and I can see more clearly what my gem count will be, I was pretty close guessing 50, lets see if I make it, at this point though it would only be a couple up or down so I'm finishing out in the next couple minutes, wish me luck!

My grand total 54 gems! Now I totally could have avoided that by checking in yesterday more often to click the campfire, but I had a treatment and was knocked out all day so had to do 9 and 10 today so all things considered I'm not complaining. I'm assuming since there is no time on it, this next part with Neva is not timed. It's probably on the first page and I'll check there, just haven't yet and I'm exhausted, time for bed lol

Once again good luck everyone else. Now time for me to build all my super flowers and get a polar bear :) 4 days of nothing but basically tapping on farmhouses lol. A whomping head start of 2 of the 40 fur lol

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 11:02 PM
Help I initated the Best Brewer boost for the potion shop to speed up the ember essence and the timer started on the fast worker boost for workshop, not the potion shop. Thinking I had made the mistake I tried again to activate Best Brewer boost for the potion shop and now it shows the timer again on fast worker (2) for the workshops!
This is a mistake we can make easily. When you are going to craft any Booster, you have to make your choice 'again' when you are in the Apothecary. You will see the 6 choices but when you enter and it always falls on the first. The color is very light on the Choice Board, so you don't notice immediately. Just control carefully and tap the correct one.
Sometimes it doesn't start the countdown immediately, so when you are back on your screen, tap the building you wanted the boost to see if it's counting, a little clock should showup. If it's not counting.. tap the 'Booster Tab' on your bottom right of your screen. All should be ok.

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 11:31 PM
I do think it's intentional a slow collection.. players can prepare what they wish and store for NEXT year Christmas. :eek:

HuckleTown
01-21-17, 11:32 PM
Just a reminder to buy and store the 100 coin trees before the end of the event.

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 11:38 PM
Just a reminder to buy and store the 100 coin trees before the end of the event.
Smart move!
At coin cost, you can have trees to chop for wood, sap and living wood.. already fully grown to save time and energy. 99 can be stored.

Passera
01-21-17, 11:47 PM
I give up. Returned to play cs after long hiatus so could only get 9 neighbors to fill requests was willing to use gems to skip but have been having problems logging into game (says I have no Internet connection yet here I am on the forum so go figure) I have everything I need to upgrade to level 9 and most of what is needed to upgrade to level 10 but am out of time and patience. Rant over.

HuckleTown
01-21-17, 11:50 PM

You must purchase and then immediately store the trees, otherwise the store function goes away

TerraRanomi
01-22-17, 12:26 AM

Can't believe I never knew trees can be stored. Time for some willow shopping. They'll look nice in my future winter corner.

bss0226
01-22-17, 12:40 AM
Can't believe I never knew trees can be stored. Time for some willow shopping. They'll look nice in my future winter corner.

Actually, under normal circumstances trees cannot be stored. Try it with any tree except the icy willows. Can't be done. The icy willows are the exception.

Den8137259
01-22-17, 12:43 AM
★ hi ★ I completed the quest, got the Neva Queen but realised that the white trees stopped dropping the usual items .. how are we to continue Part 2 of the Neva Story if we don't have the materials to craft a 10-minute snowman?

★ although SpiritWind00 may have cautioned us on this under post 2 of this discussion thread, but it's ridiculous to have a snowy workshop that will be useless once we ran out of the materials ? ★

★ Storm 8 Team, please assist , ty ★

cavegirl1
01-22-17, 12:50 AM
★ hi ★ I completed the quest, got the Neva Queen but realised that the white trees stopped dropping the usual items .. how are we to continue Part 2 of the Neva Story if we don't have the materials to craft a 10-minute snowman?

★ although SpiritWind00 may have cautioned us on this under post 2 of this discussion thread, but it's ridiculous to have a snowy workshop that will be useless once we ran out of the materials ? ★

★ Storm 8 Team, please assist , ty ★

Neva drops the items needed to do crafts in the workshop - see the link to pictures from Shibuyacloth in post one which states what Niva drops. It will be a slower collection process though.

yummy_bistro
01-22-17, 01:02 AM
I want to cry
I used gens to speed up
Last min
Got neva
Then syn issue
Lost her
By 2 petals!
Not happy

yummy_bistro
01-22-17, 01:03 AM
N 2 mins
Gems spent
Totally wasted

Really not happy

TerraRanomi
01-22-17, 01:17 AM
Actually, under normal circumstances trees cannot be stored. Try it with any tree except the icy willows. Can't be done. The icy willows are the exception.

Thanks, good to know. ;)

idrispad
01-22-17, 03:33 AM
Neva drops the items needed to do crafts in the workshop - see the link to pictures from Shibuyacloth in post one which states what Niva drops. It will be a slower collection process though.

The workshop clearly states that the icicles come from rocks. I've just wasted 40 energy on 2 rocks and got nothing.

ShibuyaCloth
01-22-17, 03:41 AM
The workshop clearly states that the icicles come from rocks. I've just wasted 40 energy on 2 rocks and got nothing.

Icicles had a low drop rate during the event, so chopping like crazy before finishing the Castle at L10 was the best way to gather them. Now, only Neva will provided them. The Workshop still shows the event source, not the post event source. I will update the data later today as I am missing a few info to finish it.

idrispad
01-22-17, 03:45 AM
Icicles had a low drop rate during the event, so chopping like crazy before finishing the Castle at L10 was the best way to gather them. Now, only Neva will provided them. The Workshop still shows the event source, not the post event source. I will update the data later today as I am missing a few info to finish it.

The drop rate during the event is irrelevant (and was higher than none out of two whole rocks anyway) as you only have the workshop after the event is completed.

The workshop clearly has incorrect information as, from what you say, they can not be obtained from rocks at all.

Shoddy programming.

MadameCholette
01-22-17, 04:25 AM
The drop rate during the event is irrelevant (and was higher than none out of two whole rocks anyway) as you only have the workshop after the event is completed.

The workshop clearly has incorrect information as, from what you say, they can not be obtained from rocks at all.

Shoddy programming.

:(

I totally agree with idrispad. This is really disappointing. I have collected from Neva the first time and the drop rate is really low on the materials needed for the workshop items. It will be springtime till one is able to craft e.g. the ice skating pond. Who needs that stuff in March when we start decorating for the Easter season?

Dear Storm8 - please do something about that.
Thanks!

yummy_bistro
01-22-17, 05:15 AM
Can I get gems back or Neva at least
Who can help

SpiritWind00
01-22-17, 05:22 AM
Can I get gems back or Neva at least
Who can help
Hi, can you please write to Support and send your ticket number to Regina. If you send it to me as well, I'll make a report for you as a back up. :) send it to me by PM, don't post in thread (privacy reasons). Thanks...