PDA

View Full Version : New: Painted Pals World Event January 10, 2017

cardinalpsy
01-10-17, 12:36 PM
Regina;1385128']
PAINTED PALS WORLD EVENT!

Requires level 17+ | Minimum game version is iOS/Android 1.3

https://imgur.com/6gDVSAC.png

Another world event. Wow, talk about a start to the new year. There's a new habitat that goes with it, too bad it's not part of the community or individual prizes.

Individual Prizes:
Painted flowers - requires 25 paintbrushes
Brush Stroke Hedge - requires 300 paintbrushes
Starry Tiles - requires 950 paintbrushes
Cubism Cow (electric/earth) - requires 1500 paintbrushes
Starry Night Owl (electric/water) - requires 2850 paintbrushes

Community Prizes: (requires 1000 paintbrushes to unlock)
Sunflower Parasol - requires 100,000,000 paintbrushes
Tidal Tiles - requires 220,000,000 paintbrushes
Abstract Cubes - requires 365,000,000

Silverrain1
01-10-17, 12:43 PM
I like the habitat and the owl looks great. Not a fan of the bull tho

craftypetsback
01-10-17, 01:05 PM
Only 2 animals :( Less and less prizes every time. Don't need any of the decorative junk that fills up my storage. Wish we could at least still get the habitats... I can't be spending real money on an app game.

Cdnfroglover
01-10-17, 01:21 PM
The owl is very pretty. But please... No More Tidal Tiles!!!! The owl is the only thing that interests me. Does anyone know the elements? Not sure if its worth it.

Update, I see the owl is water/electric. Will not be putting any extra effort into this one (even though the owl is pretty) I just won the beautiful Snowflake Drake and got the even prettier Winter Fox in the Boxing Day sales. I'm good!

NilsonPets
01-10-17, 01:49 PM
I just sell back all the stupid decorations, I don't use them anyway, i need my space on my forest floor and I hate clutter in my storage. You don't get hardly anything like 10 coins for each one but since i don't want them I don't care!

cardinalpsy
01-10-17, 02:14 PM
Some of those decorations are a repeat from previous world events. So disappointed as well, there's only two animals in it. These world events are getting worse when it comes to the prizes they offer. No new element when it comes to the animals and the habitat has disappeared from the prizes. Not a lot of incentive for some players who've been playing the game a long time.

Alideh
01-10-17, 09:52 PM
The Owl is SOOOOOO beautiful!!!
Not a fan of the bull which is a bit weird because In the city I live in we have one downtown that looks a bit like that and then at one of my old jobs they made one to give out as a prize at the event they were hosting... I guess seeing it so much made me not see it as a special thing... you would think since I love my city so much I would be a huge fan of the bull... XD

I was hoping for an animal in the community prizes :/
I'm still saving up for the 2nd nest tree so I don't think I'm going to put much effort into this one since I'm also low on animals I want to evolve :/
Hope you guys bring it back eventually in the future, it is one beautiful art piece :D
Good luck to all!

Also... Please ... pretty pretty please No more Tidal Tiles :/ Any other tiles would do fine but please no more tidal tiles :/

Morag2000
01-11-17, 04:03 AM
I didn't get the paint brush flowers to put in my forest. The pop up said it was in my storage but it was not there. I have closed and re-opened the programme 8 times but I still don't have the flowers.

Has anyone else had this problem?

diamonaydreamerd
01-11-17, 06:41 AM
I didn't get the paint brush flowers to put in my forest. The pop up said it was in my storage but it was not there. I have closed and re-opened the programme 8 times but I still don't have the flowers.

At first I didn't see it in mine either and I thought maybe I had somehow deleted it by accident but try selecting ALL when looking at your storage. When I did that I was able to find the flowers even when I didn't see it in decor or anywhere else. Must be a slight bug or something. Hope this helps!

poofyena
01-11-17, 06:58 AM

I did. Try closing and restarting your game, then look under the All tab. That worked for me.

These events are getting worse everytime. There's less reason for me to strive for the prizes, no new elements and only the two animals. The community prizes are most often sold now.
The owl is kind of nice. But I'm not struggling for it.

Morag2000
01-11-17, 08:44 AM
Hi Diamonaydreamerd and Poofyena,

Thank you both so much for your help, it is now in my storage. I tried your suggestions yesterday and this moring but it wasn't there.

You both have worked your magic, thank you.

Good luck to you both.

Clark_Wayne
01-11-17, 09:09 AM
don't like the cow at all but love the owl :)

DirkDragon
01-11-17, 01:15 PM
Worst prizes ever. The owl is okay(ish), but the rest are awful. Won't make any effort on this.

19sparkles96
01-11-17, 02:15 PM
To get the final individual prize you need 2850.

Clark_Wayne
01-11-17, 03:21 PM

ouch ! :eek:

mutley00
01-11-17, 04:53 PM
Some of those decorations are a repeat from previous world events. So disappointed as well, there's only two animals in it. These world events are getting worse when it comes to the prizes they offer. No new element when it comes to the animals and the habitat has disappeared from the prizes. Not a lot of incentive for some players who've been playing the game a long time.

Not only are the prizes becoming less useful, the targets for the few animals are getting increasingly difficult to reach (so S8 just wants more of our cash)...

goddard7006
01-11-17, 08:07 PM

So you would have to get 285 brushes daily for this 10 day event!

Alideh
01-12-17, 03:18 AM

Are you referring to the first animal prize? If so OUCH!! Mega OUCH! I don't see that happening for any of us users who don't have 2 or 3 Nest Tree's. Glad I made my peace with not getting that beautiful owl this time around.
I wonder if they raised the number because you can now buy and an extra evolution flower and 2 extra nests..? Or is Storm8 going through a rough time with money/sales and they can't as generous as before o.o Storm8 please don't dissapear o.o
This is why I appreciate the leaderboard gem spenders even though they make it harder for us free players to get the main prize it is still a good thing since they keep the game running free and the events coming. I noticed the no more 300 apples in the tournament either except for like 2-3 rounds so far... I hope you guys aren't low on sales :/
I kind of saw that with Fashion boutique, removing things like getting gems for downloading other non storm games(or maybe it was ad's) , getting less gems when downloading other storm8 games, not getting gems on things you used to be able to get gems on, less and less new items... I had bought quite a few gems there and after it ended up turning out that way I stopped playing and now I wish I had saved that money and spent it on Fantasy Forest, if only I had known about this game then.

supster50
01-13-17, 06:22 AM
The last world event was hard missed the last critter by 30 points. This painted pals event is completely out of hand for the general player. The community prizes if given a report card wouldn't get a d minus. Big waste on time there Team Lava!!!

Lisa0107
01-13-17, 09:46 AM
These goals are impossible to reach even with a second tree. Since the 2nd nest does not come with a breeding den all its good for us cleaning out your storage. And I did that getting the peacock. So my second tree is just sitting there most of the time. It's disappointing

Drachenia
01-13-17, 10:45 AM
Hello everybody! There is a good possibility to use the empty nests in the event, you click on the nest and buy an egg in the market. I buy mostly Lightning Leopard and then get 8 brushes. :D

Lisa0107
01-13-17, 03:03 PM
Hello everybody! There is a good possibility to use the empty nests in the event, you click on the nest and buy an egg in the market. I buy mostly Lightning Leopard and then get 8 brushes. :D

omg I did not even think of that...Yes, I will do that. I have so many coins that will never be used....now I can use them on this. thank you for posting Drachenia.

supermaay
01-13-17, 03:24 PM
omg I did not even think of that...Yes, I will do that. I have so many coins that will never be used....now I can use them on this. thank you for posting Drachenia.

Sorry that I'm confused. How can we buy eggs from the market using coins? All animals on the market can only bought by gems. Also, is Lightning Leopard available in the market?

Silverrain1
01-13-17, 04:22 PM
Sorry that I'm confused. How can we buy eggs from the market using coins? All animals on the market can only bought by gems. Also, is Lightning Leopard available in the market?

You can buy pyro pony, pandafodil, rock rhino, frost fang and lightning leopard for coins in the market.
Rock rhino is 2 hours
Frost fang is 4 hours
Lightning leopard is 8 hours

Pyro pony and pandafodil are only a few seconds or so, so there's no point in those ones for getting points

supermaay
01-13-17, 05:05 PM
You can buy pyro pony, pandafodil, rock rhino, frost fang and lightning leopard for coins in the market.
Rock rhino is 2 hours
Frost fang is 4 hours

Pyro pony and pandafodil are only a few seconds or so, so there's no point in those ones for getting points

Thank you. I got it.

Drachenia
01-13-17, 05:53 PM

Hello Supermaay! You can buy Lightning Leopard, Rock Rhino, Frostfang with coins in the market.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35392

supermaay
01-13-17, 06:37 PM
Hello Supermaay! You can buy Lightning Leopard, Rock Rhino, Frostfang with coins in the market.

Thank you. It's a good strategy to get some points by filling the time gap sometimes. Wish you have a good weekend.

Clark_Wayne
01-13-17, 06:41 PM

this is a tip we use a lot in dragon story ;)

littelprincess0313
01-13-17, 08:55 PM
Great tip thanks :)
I just recognized: Im lv 144 now?! When did that happen. And is this the highest at the moment? Maybe 150....
Does this mean we're getting new expantions?

Eluzyion
01-13-17, 10:58 PM
Great tip thanks :)
I just recognized: Im lv 144 now?! When did that happen. And is this the highest at the moment? Maybe 150....
Does this mean we're getting new expantions?

The highest level I have on my friend list is 200, so maybe that's the new cap?

Alideh
01-14-17, 12:35 AM
Rock rhino is 2 hours
Frost fang is 4 hours

Thank you for this, I knew about the Rock Rhino and Frostfang but had no idea about the lightning leopard or about the times for any of them.
This will definitely come in handy.

AppieP
01-14-17, 02:18 AM
The highest level I have on my friend list is 200, so maybe that's the new cap?
That's a question I was asking my self. I noticed I have a few neighbor's who are higher than level 100. Before this change the where at 100. So this has been changed. My highers neighbor has reached level 189.

JanineQuinty
01-14-17, 08:31 AM
2850 for the owl? It keeps getting more and more, we did get animals for 2200 or 2400 in the past. I play a lot but I don't think I'll be able to get the owl.

Clark_Wayne
01-14-17, 08:37 AM
2850 for the owl? It keeps getting more and more, we did get animals for 2200 or 2400 in the past. I play a lot but I don't think I'll be able to get the owl.

unless if points double at the end ;) keep collecting and hoping ;)

SmaugyHobit
01-14-17, 05:17 PM
I feel like we get an owl every other event, way more excited for the cow. Not spending for it though

DirkDragon
01-15-17, 03:50 AM

Rock rhino is 2 hours
Frost fang is 4 hours

Oh, how cunning! Thanks Drachenia for sharing that tactic and thanks to Silverrain for the info.
I would like to add that part of the fun of Fantasy Forest is this forum, sharing ideas, thoughts, hopes and frustrations. Thanks to all.

Silverrain1
01-15-17, 04:42 AM
Oh, how cunning! Thanks Drachenia for sharing that tactic and thanks to Silverrain for the info.
I would like to add that part of the fun of Fantasy Forest is this forum, sharing ideas, thoughts, hopes and frustrations. Thanks to all.

No problem at all. And I totally agree. It's so nice to see what everyone is doing. You can celebrate success together and share when you just can't get an animal!

Morag2000
01-15-17, 06:11 AM

Hi Drachenia,

Thank you for such a great tip, I would't have thought of buying animals in the market for coins to fill the empty nest. Thank you also for sharing that.

Good luck in future events.

goddard7006
01-16-17, 04:34 PM
Daily count of brushes needed.

10. 285
9. 570
8. 855
7. 1140
6. 1425
5. 1710
4. 1995
3. 2280
2. 2565
1. 2850

poofyena
01-16-17, 05:31 PM
I'm nowhere near the needed amount. Without a second nest I'm not sure I'll be able to do complete the world events anymore.

supermaay
01-16-17, 08:04 PM
I'm nowhere near the needed amount. Without a second nest I'm not sure I'll be able to do complete the world events anymore.

Even with a 2nd nest, the chance of getting the owl is low. To accumulate 285 points a day, ask yourself if you can do the following: 24-hour around the clock to plant 6 farms + to occupy (2 nests + 1 den + 1 evolution flower + 1 painted flower). It gives you 264 points (24 x 11). If you get 4 bombs a day by breeding (an over-estimate) and 2 runes per bomb (a reasonable estimate), it means additional 24 points (4 x 2 x 3). Only in this case, you can have 288 points a day. The problem is that it's unlikely that you can keep up doing this 24 hours a day.

poofyena
01-17-17, 08:13 AM
Even with a 2nd nest, the chance of getting the owl is low. To accumulate 285 points a day, ask yourself if you can do the following: 24-hour around the clock to plant 6 farms + to occupy (2 nests + 1 den + 1 evolution flower + 1 painted flower). It gives you 264 points (24 x 11). If you get 4 bombs a day by breeding (an over-estimate) and 2 runes per bomb (a reasonable estimate), it means additional 24 points (4 x 2 x 3). Only in this case, you can have 288 points a day. The problem is that it's unlikely that you can keep up doing this 24 hours a day.

Wow. I hadn't sat and actually done the math but thats insane. No way i can keep up with that everyday. I dont get that many bombs either so without gem spending its pretty impossible for me.
I'm not spending gems on world events. I already have to spend for leaderboards and the birthstone pony. If this is a ploy to get people to spend more i think it's probably going to have the opposite effect. The free events were what got me hooked, leading me to spend gems. It's disappointing to have the world events take such a nosedive. No community prize animals. The second animal is unreachable. I think i might sit these events out from now on. Its not worth wasting the food.

Sakrysta
01-17-17, 09:50 AM
Yeah, this on makes me really sad, because I'll only get one animal this time. Between the increase in final animal cost and the overlap of world events and leaderboards, I'm missing out on more and more goals that should be achievable. It's getting depressing.

Callyvitale19
01-17-17, 10:49 AM
This game is slowly turning into becoming greedy. Please don't be that kind of game. Everything is getting harder and harder and the game has problems that need fixing. Instead of keeping your players happy we are becoming unhappy. Fix the problems. Don't make the prizes unattainable without spending a lot of gems. Each event is becoming much more difficult. Please fix the trouble areas and keep the game fun and winnable. People will pay more readily if they win and don't have technical problems.

Clark_Wayne
01-17-17, 01:20 PM
as i said in post #34, now what s8/tl is doing : point are doubled starting today (few days before end)
that is what they do with Dragon Story and with FFS .
so don't give up, guys ;)

fyi i never bought anything (i can't afford) but i always managed to finish world events with less than 10-20 gems spent (mostly to speed before sleeping)
for LB , it depends on whether my group is easy or not

but still you need 1 or 2 extra nests , if you want to reach the last individual prize with 1-2 day before end

MauiLady7
01-17-17, 02:14 PM
Might be too late for those 8 brushes as others already abandoned ship.
And now to top it all off, we have the tournaments that no longer give apples! Who needs coins in the higher levels? Gee thanks. For lower level players not even worth playing as we don't have the coins to enter. They raised the cost to clear land to 1,000,000. I guess us players never complained last time about the apples. They keep nickel and diming us. Leaderboards, tournaments, world events, storybooks must be next on the list as that's all that's left. Players please post your thoughts. Squeaky wheel get oiled.

AppieP
01-17-17, 03:15 PM
The have doubled to paintbrushes for the last 2 days. Probably after all the disappointed comments XD. I don't know if I will be ably to get to the 2850. Still 800 behind. We will see if this will help to others. Good luck for all trying to get it.

poofyena
01-17-17, 04:20 PM
Even with the double points I'll never make it to the total needed for the owl. I did quite like the design oh well. I'm breeding, evolving and planting round the clock.

kukeleku111
01-17-17, 11:25 PM
Even with the double points I'll never make it to the total needed for the owl. I did quite like the design oh well. I'm breeding, evolving and planting round the clock.

Thankfull that the amount of brushes gone up, it was very needed.
Praying to have enough for the owl, it is gorgeous.
Don't complain because there is a lot to do and lots of events, the more one tries, the bigger the chance of winning an animal. And that is after all what is all about right.

Clark_Wayne
01-18-17, 04:26 PM
2731 brushes. should reach the owl tomorrow :)

JanineQuinty
01-19-17, 05:37 AM

Thanks for your comment Clark Wayne! You were right with the doubling of the brushes. There is a really good chance I'm gonna make it just in time :)

ckisser
01-19-17, 07:09 AM
Anyone know the incubation time for the cubism cow?

castleland1
01-19-17, 07:13 AM
What is the isle of fortune please and at what level is it activated?

ogreve
01-19-17, 07:19 AM
Well, the World Events in my game were saved by the bell due to the double amount of tokens being awarded now. I really love the Van Gogh Owl.
So, I'm having a new stab at it after all. It may become tight, but I might make it without having to spend a load of gems on speeding....

Alideh
01-19-17, 08:38 AM
Now that we are almost done with this event my guess is we are starting a Storybook adventure soon :D

I got the cow and regret not leveling up common fails from my Dark and water breeding, Since there is double points now I'm sure I could have gotten the beautiful Owl :/ Till next time Owl.

AppieP
01-19-17, 10:01 AM
Same for me. 200 points behind. And 26 hours left. Should reach it too tomorrow. Thanks to TL for doubling the points. And almost uses non gems for it. :))

jibro
01-19-17, 10:35 AM
At 2,369 now, so should get it with keeping up harvesting.
I harvest every 5 hours 700 apples x6, wich gives 240 paintbrushes in total.
So I should get it in 10 hours.

Silverrain1
01-19-17, 11:56 AM
I dunno how it happened but I just got the owl. I haven't done any speeding, absolutely no point when all the game does is crash.

Alideh
01-19-17, 01:36 PM
I dunno how it happened but I just got the owl. I haven't done any speeding, absolutely no point when all the game does is crash.

Hey do you use a lot of space in your phone? I noticed in my old phone I had used up a lot of the GB it had and the game kept crashing especially when visiting lvl 100 players, then when I had to transfer it to my new phone after my old one broke and it didn't crash up until the moment where I barely had any GB left. I had to delete songs, pictures and some apps and noticed the game rarely crashes now. I freed up about 3-4GB in my phone and that seemed to have helped. Maybe try the same thing? Also I'm an Android user so it could also be different than IOS

Clark_Wayne
01-19-17, 01:37 PM

you got the owl because you got 3 extra nests ><
which is a big help in world event ;)

Eluzyion
01-19-17, 04:18 PM
Hey do you use a lot of space in your phone? I noticed in my old phone I had used up a lot of the GB it had and the game kept crashing especially when visiting lvl 100 players, then when I had to transfer it to my new phone after my old one broke and it didn't crash up until the moment where I barely had any GB left. I had to delete songs, pictures and some apps and noticed the game rarely crashes now. I freed up about 3-4GB in my phone and that seemed to have helped. Maybe try the same thing? Also I'm an Android user so it could also be different than IOS
I can no longer load the game on my iPad and I have a little over 9 GB of available space :( it just crashes before it fully loads. I really believe it's the ram needed to load all the animations. But yes, if your storage is too full not only will games mess up but you can lock up your phone turning it into a brick! So definately keep free space :)

Lisa0107
01-19-17, 05:42 PM
Well I can't believe it but I just got the owl. TL doubleing the points made a big difference. Thanks TL

Buttercup0001
01-19-17, 07:12 PM
The last 2 World Events I missed out on the last individual animal due to the amount needed to get it. Looks like this event will be no different even with the doubling of paint brushes. Give me back the days when all you needed was either 2200 or 2400 whatever needed to be collected for the last individual prize. I also agree with other players that recycled decorations and the loss of a habitat as a prize plus the increase in points needed for the last of the individual prize is putting a downer on this once great game. And also how about a new element that we can BREED with the other elements to get some new animals as it once was. It's fantastic that we do get new elements but we can't breed them with the other elements.

Silverrain1
01-20-17, 03:50 AM

I have an iPhone 5s so I know it's not the latesed model. But it has no other games on it or any music. Iv also deleted most of my photos but still no difference! Thanks anyway tho

Silverrain1
01-20-17, 03:51 AM
you got the owl because you got 3 extra nests ><
which is a big help in world event ;)

Well that's true! Hoping everyone else is having good luck

AppieP
01-20-17, 08:50 AM
Who knows the hatching and evolution time for the Owl?

Sakrysta
01-20-17, 09:24 AM
I got it! So happy! Now if only I had the space to hatch it. :-(

tahitii
01-20-17, 11:10 AM
Who knows the hatching and evolution time for the Owl?

Hi, I have the owl still on nest, hatching time is 22 hours 😉

poofyena
01-20-17, 11:49 AM
Broke down last night and brought a second nest. Along with the doubled points I managed to just squeak in under the timer to get the owl. Good luck to those still collecting I hope you can make it.
Thanks TL for doubling the brushes. It was tight but I just made it.

ed_darko
01-20-17, 12:26 PM
The last 2 World Events I missed out on the last individual animal due to the amount needed to get it. Looks like this event will be no different even with the doubling of paint brushes. Give me back the days when all you needed was either 2200 or 2400 whatever needed to be collected for the last individual prize. I also agree with other players that recycled decorations and the loss of a habitat as a prize plus the increase in points needed for the last of the individual prize is putting a downer on this once great game. And also how about a new element that we can BREED with the other elements to get some new animals as it once was. It's fantastic that we do get new elements but we can't breed them with the other elements.

112 paint brushes short of the owl.

Same here. I have also missed out on the last animal for the last few World Events. I remember I use to easily get these completed with a full day, sometimes a day and a half before the expired. How I'm not completing them now I can't figure out because I am collecting round the clock.

Right, we use to get a habitat and three animals, here we only got two animals and no habitat, i could care less for the decorations.

amuletmoon
01-20-17, 01:59 PM
I didn't collect from my farms and nests and flower before the timer ended! This is like the first one in so long that I would have gotten the last animal! I had more than enough. I'm so upset! 😩😩😩

saucysammis
01-20-17, 02:04 PM
I didn't collect from my farms and nests and flower before the timer ended! This is like the first one in so long that I would have gotten the last animal! I had more than enough. I'm so upset! 😩😩😩

I am so sorry for you! I have done this (in the past) too. Here's hoping you do well in the storybook and that the prize will be offered again one day.

This time I won the prize a day early as usual, but would not have without the double token offer at the end.

Drachenia
01-20-17, 03:18 PM
Hello I have still got it, the great owl and I still had enough time until the timer ended

JanineQuinty
01-20-17, 04:54 PM
Because of the doubling of the points I now had over 3000 points and I got the owl, yeah!

cuffy1
01-21-17, 06:12 AM
Me too would not have made it without despite having 2 dens. Didn't finish last 2 world events and not through lack of trying

RainbowsandRandoms
02-10-17, 07:16 AM
Got the starry night owl but disappointed it just walks round with wings folded. How do we get to see it's lovely markings?