PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 1/5 - Rooted Mine | new gem item in market

SpiritWind00
01-05-17, 03:36 AM
New in the Market - Rooted Mine

Rooted Mine (Level 15+) (2x2/3x3) no limit Cannot be sold
Info: An enchanted mine overtaken by nature. Drops Enchanter's Essence and Glimmerdust, with a chance to drop other resources!
Collection time: 22 hours
Speed up: 88 gems
Drops: enchanter's essence, glimmerdust, golden nuggets (am checking on rest)
Cost: 400 gems to purchase (reward of 100 gems rebate if purchased within the 5 day timer)
Build: comes fully built

Find it in the Market under Decorations / Town.

Baron: We could use some extra resources! Ivy needs some Enchanter's Essence and Glimmerdust from it, just set the Golden Nuggets aside for your beloved Baron.
Goal 1 Place the Rooted Mine 0/1 BUY | Market, 400 gems
Rewards: 100 gems
Congratulations:

Event pictures

https://i.imgur.com/ApYcwGb.png

https://i.imgur.com/xuoh2KY.png

https://i.imgur.com/GyAQZ0L.png https://i.imgur.com/T1wMiDs.png

Dialogue Guide

Ruler: Hey Baron, what's going on?
Baron: It has come to my attention there is a mine in the Kingdom that is full of goods!
Ruler: Goods? What kind of goods?
Baron: Plenty! Golden Nuggets included! Can you confirm such rumors?
Ruler: Hmm, I'm not sure. What was it called again?
Baron: The Rooted Mine, you must investigate at once!
Ivy: Did you say "Rooted Mine"?
Baron: I did, have you heard of it and its bountiful wonders?
Ivy: I've heard of it! Apparently it's also a great source of Enchanter's Essence and Glimmerdust! Let me know what you find, I'm running short of both of these.
Ruler: I guess I'm checking out this mine then...
Baron: Well, get to it! Those goods aren't going to find themselves!

meme1098
01-05-17, 01:11 PM
New goal in my goal book for a Rooted Mine.

400 gem cost with 100 gem reward.

Dialog stated it has a rare chance for gold nuggets among other things.

MoonVillage3
01-05-17, 01:15 PM

amerirish
01-05-17, 01:21 PM
My first thought was "are they out of their {frickin} minds??" Unless it drops Alicorns, I'm not spending 300 gems on that thing :mad:

MoonVillage3
01-05-17, 01:22 PM
seems quite expensive.. any more info on what exactly it drops?

BufftonHeights
01-05-17, 01:22 PM
Wish I knew if other goals come as a result of buying it. Otherwise, I don't feel the need for an additional source of essence or glimmerdust. But, if there was more involved ... :p

GlvtenFree
01-05-17, 01:25 PM
22hr timer 88gem speedup
looks lovely, i hope it will drop decent stuff on that timer
no other goals after buying

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-05-17, 01:27 PM
*Sigh* ... Disappointed.
Gonna be snowed in soon (a BIG deal in the South, lol) & was reeeeeeeally looking forward to a new, fun goal to work on this weekend. Guess not. Pfft.

...onto house chores then, I guess. Hmphf.

AnnirasSweets
01-05-17, 01:28 PM
Ack! I'm a bit torn to be honest. The OCD and collector in me wants it but.... 300 gems?! Just for a tree to drop stuff I get from other sources? Unfortunately I don't think I can believe it's worth it.

melissameeks
01-05-17, 01:29 PM
Are you really going to make everyone, buy 400 gems?
My wife and I, forget it.

meme1098
22hr timer 88gem speedup

Thanks for taking the plunge Barf. I can pass on this one since I don't need those drops either!

So now we sit back & wait each day for the puzzle reveal. (& I've seen this puzzle thing in another game of the witch variety for over a week now, not S8 game...lol)
*sigh* here too, NW.

MoonVillage3
22hr timer 88gem speedup

u mean the event ends there? on buying it? (I feel a bit deluded and tears in my eyes) that's all?

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-05-17, 01:30 PM
u mean the event ends there? on buying it? (I feel a bit deluded and tears in my eyes) that's all?
Yes, that's all. No fanfare, no fireworks, no change for a taxi. LOL!

MoonVillage3
01-05-17, 01:35 PM
Yes, that's all. No fanfare, no fireworks, no change for a taxi. LOL!
not exciting at all! I'm sitting here dumbly staring at my device, hoping... but I guess it's not the case. But why wasn't it offered in the Market then?

MoonVillage3
01-05-17, 01:39 PM
O
K
we need a reason why it's so important to cost so much.. doesn't seem more important than the Gold Mine at the moment, which was cheaper!
Is it possible to ask S8 to have a list of what exactly it drops?

cole7286
01-05-17, 01:41 PM
I'm so disgusted. :mad: Enchanters essence can be earned on adventures and only takes 2 hours to make. Plus there is a golden nugget boost that can be crafted in the Apothecary. No new quests or goals just a 300 gem purchase.

amerirish
01-05-17, 01:42 PM
not exciting at all! I'm sitting here dumbly staring at my device, hoping... but I guess it's not the case. But why wasn't it offered in the Market then?

It's in the Market under the Featured tab.

coolssp
01-05-17, 01:42 PM
I'm usually maxed out on everything except golden apples so unless there is confirmed drop of that, I think I'll pass spending 300 gems :)

scavaig
01-05-17, 01:45 PM
300 gems after the rebate :-(

Coming in close to 10 pounds sterling real money !!!.

And .... Just after Christmas!

Not for me.

EllasGrandma1
01-05-17, 01:56 PM

Too rich for me. Won't be doing this one!��

AnisWa
01-05-17, 02:01 PM
S8, as usual, you don't stop disappointing the players, "SERIOUSLY" 400 gems for rooted mine....is this April, and, it's an April fool's joke?

Zirilka
01-05-17, 02:02 PM
Pros: It's really pretty!
Cons: 300 gems?! And you have to have 400 to have the 100 gems back. Hmpf.

I think I'll wait for sale.

EllasGrandma1
01-05-17, 02:02 PM
Ack! I'm a bit torn to be honest. The OCD and collector in me wants it but.... 300 gems?! Just for a tree to drop stuff I get from other sources? Unfortunately I don't think I can believe it's worth it.

I'm going to pass on this one, despite worries that it might be linked to the main storyline(Hah!!) I've got the gems, but I'm not going to spend them on this.

jabbottscott
01-05-17, 02:14 PM
I'm going to pass on this one, despite worries that it might be linked to the main storyline(Hah!!) I've got the gems, but I'm not going to spend them on this.

My thoughts exactly

EsmeW2
01-05-17, 02:21 PM
Me too. I've been saving for ages for the cabbage and this would set me right back for stuff I can live without. Hope I don't get to regret this later!

tweeps
01-05-17, 02:25 PM
Why would I buy 400 gems, just to get 100 back on something that gives glimmerdust, which I can get from my 6 glimmerdust troves (and mushroom etc) and enchanters essence which I can make (and have lots of already) or collect from other items? Oh, and gives a 'rare' chance of dropping an item that's already a 'rare' drop from mines, rocks etc.

It makes no financial sense. Assuming a player has not enough gems... They'd need to purchase 400, the option for 400 isn't there, so it's the 530 option. Practically everyone in this thread so far has said they're passing(10 I think). One person has bought it.

If the thing cost 100 gems then you might get a significantly greater number of people who didn't have enough gems maybe paying for the 120 gem option. If at least 4 of the 10 who passed on spending 400 gems bought 120 gems and purchased the item it'd mean the same revenue as the one person who is crazy enough to spend money on 530 only to lose 300.

Storm8 needs to give whoever designed this goal a quick lesson in logic and the economic theory of price elasticity of demand on luxury items.
I'm out. :mad:

jen7779
01-05-17, 02:34 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really tired of all these game items, that cost exorbitant amounts of gems!!!
We play these games for fun!!! I know I can't afford to buy gems! I'm on a fixed income! You come up with these things, and boom..gems!!! You haven't given us any new games to play to get these gems, it's not right!

Now another gem item...a tree mine..400 gems!!! Come on people, let's get back to coin items for items needed to continue this game. Enough of this constant gem items. These past goals everything needed a gem item! Give us games to play to get gems.
Not all of us can afford to buy them, and this REALLY annoys the living day lights out of me! (Trying to be polite here!)

I know I won't be buying this Mine tree, unless it becomes available to all of us for...COINS!!!

I'm a very, as the saying goes, UNHAPPY CAMPER! In other words...game player!😡😡🙁🙁

VersaceMorrow
01-05-17, 02:35 PM
Yep... I already have 5 glimmerdust troves, and about 6 other sources including event buildings and animals that also drop it. As a result I am usually maxed on glimmerdust. I think I am up to 70 or so Enchanters Essences, between the alicolt and often making some when I am maxed on water, glimmerdust and mermaid scales. With 6 ponds and other water sources that happens often. And who cares about random gold nuggets when I have two gold mines from the last sale? I can't believe it is so expensive.... I only have 205 and I am not buying more for this!

55lee55
01-05-17, 02:37 PM
I am not falling for this one. I am maxed on the resources it claims to drop and don't have room for it anyway. Glad I finally learned to look at the cost before automatically buying whatever the narrative asks for.

Any signs of expansions coming? I am tripping over so many characters when they bunch up when I am trying to harvest that it isn't much fun anymore. Maybe this is a sign that I have played CS too long and need to look for a different game. I was hoping for expansions and a return to the storyline, but it looks like the new year isn't bringing any forward movement in Castle Story.

In a way I am glad that buying the tree ends the quest.

xtinem070672
01-05-17, 02:41 PM
I was so excited about it being Thursday "update time" I just clicked on it and poof went my gems. So yay I've got a tree and no goals this week. Bah! :p

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-05-17, 02:44 PM
I was so excited about it being Thursday "update time" I just clicked on it and poof went my gems. So yay I've got a tree and no goals this week. Bah! :p
You have company, girl, so don't feel bad cuz I did the exact same thing, not even paying attention to the fact that it was 400 GEMS and not coins, making the assumption that it was the start of a new quest.
There went the gems and a little Baron pop-up "rewarding" me 100 back & them bumpkus, done.
...won't ever make THAT mistake again.

PS. I need another tree in my kingdom that gives me easily-attainable stuff (with another RARE drop) as much as I need another random kingdom walker, LOL!

xtinem070672
01-05-17, 02:52 PM
There went the gems and a little Baron pop-up "rewarding" me 100 back

;) haha! Now I really feel like popping the baron on the nose!

janf2
01-05-17, 02:54 PM
I agree no way I will be buying this tree and also don't have that amount of gems. I struggle to get above 30 as usually end up accidentally clicking on something and wasting gems. (P.S wish I could lock the gems in a bank so no way of accidentally using them). So no way I can get to 400. Def was looking forward to a new quest or something to start, fingers crossed the tree is not part of the next quest.

ninjalejones
01-05-17, 02:54 PM
You have company, girl, so don't feel bad cuz I did the exact same thing, not even paying attention to the fact that it was 400 GEMS and not coins, making the assumption that it was the start of a new quest.
There went the gems and a little Baron pop-up "rewarding" me 100 back & them bumpkus, done.
...won't ever make THAT mistake again.

PS. I need another tree in my kingdom that gives me easily-attainable stuff (with another RARE drop) as much as I need another random kingdom walker, LOL!

Another one in the 'click without looking' group... We should start a 12 step program, sigh, blind clickers anonymous.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-05-17, 02:59 PM
Another one in the 'click without looking' group... We should start a 12 step program, sigh, blind clickers anonymous.
You can spearhead that one, lol ... especially, if we get to dress like ninjas. LOL :wink:

katbtodd
01-05-17, 03:03 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really tired of all these game items, that cost exorbitant amounts of gems!!!
We play these games for fun!!! I know I can't afford to buy gems! I'm on a fixed income! You come up with these things, and boom..gems!!! You haven't given us any new games to play to get these gems, it's not right!

Now another gem item...a tree mine..400 gems!!! Come on people, let's get back to coin items for items needed to continue this game. Enough of this constant gem items. These past goals everything needed a gem item! Give us games to play to get gems.
Not all of us can afford to buy them, and this REALLY annoys the living day lights out of me! (Trying to be polite here!)

I know I won't be buying this Mine tree, unless it becomes available to all of us for...COINS!!!

I'm a very, as the saying goes, UNHAPPY CAMPER! In other words...game player!��������

400 gems for another items to drop glimmer dust and other items. We don't need another item to drop glimmer dust , I might buy it if it droped gems

fish63
01-05-17, 03:26 PM
Add me to the leap to the wrong thing. I was so excited to start a new quest, boom bought it and then nothing! Long boring weekend! Feeling used and dumb!

rulerofjennyville
01-05-17, 03:39 PM
Nothing in a game should cost more than ten dollars in real money. You can justify that by saying you'd spend it getting fast food or something.
nineteen dollars is far to much for anything.

ladyperidot
01-05-17, 03:42 PM
Why would I buy 400 gems, just to get 100 back on something that gives glimmerdust, which I can get from my 6 glimmerdust troves (and mushroom etc) and enchanters essence which I can make (and have lots of already) or collect from other items? Oh, and gives a 'rare' chance of dropping an item that's already a 'rare' drop from mines, rocks etc.

It makes no financial sense. Assuming a player has not enough gems... They'd need to purchase 400, the option for 400 isn't there, so it's the 530 option. Practically everyone in this thread so far has said they're passing(10 I think). One person has bought it.

If the thing cost 100 gems then you might get a significantly greater number of people who didn't have enough gems maybe paying for the 120 gem option. If at least 4 of the 10 who passed on spending 400 gems bought 120 gems and purchased the item it'd mean the same revenue as the one person who is crazy enough to spend money on 530 only to lose 300.

Storm8 needs to give whoever designed this goal a quick lesson in logic and the economic theory of price elasticity of demand on luxury items.
I'm out. :mad:

I agree. Count me out! Ivy's just going to have to brew her own potions

scavaig
01-05-17, 03:43 PM
I notice the reward of 100 gems first and know s8 are never going to ever ever give away 100 gems for nothing. That's when my 'gem trap alarm ' went off ;-)

PrincessCelestian
01-05-17, 03:50 PM
*Sigh* ... Disappointed.
Gonna be snowed in soon (a BIG deal in the South, lol) & was reeeeeeeally looking forward to a new, fun goal to work on this weekend. Guess not. Pfft.

...onto house chores then, I guess. Hmphf.

I know!!! Me too!! I have been done for about 10 days now since Stanley and Cindy and need something else. When it popped up I was so excited and then womp womp. I am usually maxed oh enchanters essence and glimmer dust. And I have two gold mines. I am doing fine for gold nuggets. I guess I will just keep on trucking with my plans for postprocessing work this weekend like I was going to do anyway.

jbfps116
01-05-17, 04:19 PM
if it was like Ivy's cauldron [the epic one that drops all potion stuff] it would be worth 400 gems. it's pretty but I'm trying to kick a CS spending habit. so no alicorns even when their cheaper than this elite tree

AuntGma
01-05-17, 04:35 PM
Not only NO, but . . . NOOOOOOO!

robotparade
01-05-17, 04:39 PM
Thank goodness I didn't have enough gems when I accidentally touched the rooted mine. The only way I would spend 400 gems on this, is if it dropped Alicorns, gems, and/or energy.

maz3girl
01-05-17, 04:43 PM
Why can't it be worth 10 million coins instead lol I have so many coins and will never use all of them in a lifetime.

rulerofjennyville
01-05-17, 04:55 PM
Why can't it be worth 10 million coins instead lol I have so many coins and will never use all of them in a lifetime.

Or at least drop something everyone needs like those irritating gold runes or gold monster hunt tokens.

Jennerwein1
01-05-17, 04:57 PM
I have the gems saved up, but willl not get this one either. Way to expensive and I already am maxed on nuggets and glimmer dust. Hopefully the next update will bring something better.
I have noticed in the S8 games I play, that items are a) exorbitantly expensive, b) enormously hard/ expensive to obtain, and c) repetitive from previous quests/events. That means for me that I will mainly pursue casual play and spend my game budget dollars elsewhere or save them.

nessa005
01-05-17, 05:07 PM
Not only NO, but . . . NOOOOOOO!

I'm out....no way for this gem grab. Thank heavens I looked before I tapped. Please can we get back to the main story line and have some expansions.

LadyFencer
01-05-17, 05:21 PM
400 gems? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Right. Got it under control now. This just gets better and better! (I really did laugh when I saw that.)

jaxvan
01-05-17, 05:47 PM
LOL! You can add me to that group!

PrincessCupOButter
01-05-17, 06:23 PM
The promise of a 100 gem 'reward' raised a huge red flag for me. And as someone who has been burned before....(ivy's bakery, the cabbage hut)....I'm grateful I don't have enough gems to have accidentally bought it. (I am happy with the bakery and cabbage hut after the fact, but still not happy with the feeling of being tricked.)

Sadly (or maybe not!) it's getting easier and easier to just say no in this game. Gem item after gem item are offered. Timed events after timed event. Events that almost require gems for those who are only casual players. People begging for a return to the storyline. Or for the return of things like the love shack and ivy's cauldron. And what does s8 do instead? Limits the amount of royal deco and animals we can have!!! And offers expensive gem items disguised as updates.

I can't speak for everyone, but I would have seriously considered paying 400 gems for the love shack....(yes, I KNOW alicorn parts are extremely rare, but I'd just like a having different adventure to send the Knights out on, and the chance to maybe someday craft an alicorn.)

As a consumer, I offer this bit of advice to the developers.......if you give people what they want, they will willingly purchase it.....then you won't have to trick people into spending money on your games. (I can't help but think that the golden mine has been a good example of that...no trickery or faux updates necessary!)
The deco and animal limits are another perfect example.....you have people willing to use real money to buy dozens of these things, and you cut off those customers by not allowing them to continue purchasing more of them. Then you turn around and offer something expensive that many, if not most, long term players neither want nor need. It seems to me you'd make more money by removing the recently imposed limits and selling things like this tree for far less gems. Eliminating those limits and lowering gem amounts could very likely increase revenue! (More people buying means more revenue!)

Add me to the list of players opting out of this one and other "updates" like it. My hope is that by telling S8 how we feel, both positive AND negative, it might influence the future of the game.

To those who get this tree, I truly hope it gives great drops! Good luck and happy playing!

pegasus2010
01-05-17, 06:30 PM
Ridiculous again ? My goodbye is only limited by my hope yall at S8 LISTEN for once please?

bald1e
01-05-17, 07:00 PM
It looks really nice and would have made a nice addition to my queendom, but a bit expensive for my liking, especially this close to Xmas just finishing when most people are feeling the pinch.

Since the GA fiasco I have learnt to be patient before spending my gems (which i don't buy anymore) and noticed straight away that it was 300 after discount and thankfully I didn't take the bait.

lilkingdome
01-05-17, 07:34 PM
I agree wholeheartedly!
S8 seems to be doing everything in their power to chase long time players away.
If they don't change their ways I just don't see this game lasting much longer.
As a long time player who loved my game ( the only game I have ever kept more than a month )
I find the whole situation very disheartening!

newzealander
01-05-17, 08:35 PM
I'm with you guys. No way am I spending 300 gems on this. 100 gems, I would, or even 150....but not 300.

jopik
01-05-17, 08:38 PM
Omg People, Calm Down.
It's just another item for gems in the market. You DONT have to buy it.
I remember people cried about expensive cabbage hut in the beginning
But later wished to buy the second one if they could
Same thing with beastbane, lots of people regretted not buying it with discount.
And enough said about love shack, I don't have it and I'm ok with it
It's extremely rare luck to receive the alicorn parts from adventures. It doesn't just give you a free alicorn!
I might consider buying the new Tree because i need enchanted essence to craft enchanted beams/blocks to craft the spellbound materials.
I don't see a tragedy here at all. S8 offers stuff for gems or for real money in the bundle- and those who want- will get it.

riverly
01-05-17, 08:46 PM
It's the way it's presented. As a goal. The only thing that saved me from a surprise purchase was the fact that I did not have any room in my kingdom to place it and I had a chance to look closer and saw that it was a gem purchase. I was able to X out only because it didn't have a place to set down. But that being said, the tree may prove to be very useful further on down the road. But I want to make a deliberate decision in my gem spending.

fiberterian
01-05-17, 09:05 PM
400 gems? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Right. Got it under control now. This just gets better and better! (I really did laugh when I saw that.)

Yep, I gasped and then laughed. Then I thought, oh I *must* see what the forum folks are saying about this because it ain't going to be pretty!

Sure enough! I'm not mad or even slightly peeved. Just amused and moving on to my other games for a bit. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

dragoniakingdom
01-05-17, 09:12 PM
It's the way it's presented. As a goal. The only thing that saved me from a surprise purchase was the fact that I did not have any room in my kingdom to place it and I had a chance to look closer and saw that it was a gem purchase. I was able to X out only because it didn't have a place to set down. But that being said, the tree may prove to be very useful further on down the road. But I want to make a deliberate decision in my gem spending.

I agree with you. Unfortunately I am both embarrassed & angry at myself as the "dialogue " popped up when I was half asleep this morning & I bought it without realizing it was a gem purchase.
Now out of gems & have an item I didn't want,as none of the drops are items I am short of.
But,like I said my own fault,should know by now to check more carefully :(.

riverly
01-05-17, 09:19 PM
I agree with you. Unfortunately I am both embarrassed & angry at myself as the "dialogue " popped up when I was half asleep this morning & I bought it without realizing it was a gem purchase.
Now out of gems & have an item I didn't want,as none of the drops are items I am short of.
But,like I said my own fault,should know by now to check more carefully :(.that happened to me with Ivy's bakery. It's probably happened to many others. It was just pure luck that I couldn't get it after I clicked on it. Hopefully in the long run it works out to be a good investment for players.

msmorg
01-05-17, 09:53 PM
Omg People, Calm Down.
Same thing with beastbane, lots of people regretted not buying it with discount.
It's extremely rare luck to receive the alicorn parts from adventures. It doesn't just give you a free alicorn!
I might consider buying the new Tree because i need enchanted essence to craft enchanted beams/blocks to craft the spellbound materials.
I don't see a tragedy here at all. S8 offers stuff for gems or for real money in the bundle- and those who want- will get it.
Speaking of the cabbage hut, I'm wondering if any of the prizes are more than just cool decorations. Do any of them provide rare drops? I barely have room in my kingdom now for the essentials for completing goals, so would most likely end up storing decorations or items that give common drops. Is it worth 450 gems in your opinion?

RevdKathy
01-05-17, 11:50 PM
Add me to the list of people who were fooled. I saw the goal, and that it was the Baron, so thought "OK, it's expensive but presumably this is the start of another bit of actually story line". I had the gems (I've been hoarding) so went ahead. Something tells me I'm going to regret it. I'm close to maxed on glimmer dust, and have no real use for enchanter essence. Unless this is the prelude to more buildings that need level 6?

riverly
01-06-17, 12:24 AM
To those who got the rooted mine, could you please keep us informed on all the different drops. The discount is good for about 5 days so who knows......I might change my mind.

AnisWa
01-06-17, 12:28 AM
Omg People, Calm Down.

The cabbage hut only drops 1 cabbage. The baron tent is a waste at this time. It's offering many items from October and November. (Fall/Halloween items) Everyone has a right to their opinions/frustrations with the creators at S8. However, it doesn't matter what we post, they've been doing the same old tricks over and over. When I initially found out about the forum, I used to think that the developers would read and react in a better way then they have chosen to do. I'm glad to say I no longer check in and play as often as I did. It's getting to be repetitious with all the gems, etc.

MoonVillage3
01-06-17, 12:42 AM
It's the way it's presented. As a goal .................. the tree may prove to be very useful further on down the road. But I want to make a deliberate decision in my gem spending.

After sleeping on this extremely uproaring offer.. I feel what went wrong was exactly as Riverly post said above.. "It's the way it was presented. As a goal" and part of an update that upsets, conning players to fall into a booby trap!

Anyway.. I have spent even more amounts on this game.. but only after measuring and weighing facts if whatever, will be of useful future use in the kingdom, not to be abandoned, nor forgotten, or an extra which is not needed.

Beastbane: there was a clear future use in collecting GoldTokens out of season while waiting for the next season.
IvysBakery: there was a great lack in collecting SkunkyPies from the Hut given as rare drops and drops fully made objects
SpellboundFlower: almost all buildings needed the upleveling to level6 eventually.
GoldMine: resolves all problems of rare drops of gold objects, giving the possibility of using the GoldExchange in making your own gems.
CookingCamp: not necessary but used everyday to fill inventory.
TinkerCamp: useful each day in making needed supplies.
CabbageHut: saving collection giving the possibility of choosing from the daily offers of eventual useful objects/decos and obtaining energy dropping Alis.

RootedMine: ....... unfortunately I find no positive answers in trying to convince myself, nor in how to convince others.
- EnchantedEssence we can already make when we want in the PotionShop without problems, having MermaidScales.
- GlimmerDust is not a rare item to collect, and we can fill our inventory easily if it's missing.
- GoldNuggets with the introduction of the GoldMine (and stingy ElvenBooster) is not a great problem anymore.

Post earlier I asked S8 a complete list of the drops, we'll see if any answers are given. This was done in the past when the GoldMine was on sale time before, and did re-convince many players seeing the eventual interesting, useful and unlimited rare drops.. thus convincing players to buy even more than one.

Conclusion..... Unfortunately here, now, as it's presented, the RootedMine gives nothing we don't already have abundantly. So doesn't justify the 'Super Investment' offered at this moment, so just waiting on a convincing reply from S8 developers.. if given.

flemlion
01-06-17, 12:47 AM
Got to chose between the Alicorn promo and this.

Choose the Alicorn, got burnt on the Mythic Mushroom already, and at least with the Alicorn, I know what I get and I can use the energy for whatever I want.

karlovivari
01-06-17, 12:52 AM
Speaking of the cabbage hut, I'm wondering if any of the prizes are more than just cool decorations. Do any of them provide rare drops? I barely have room in my kingdom now for the essentials for completing goals, so would most likely end up storing decorations or items that give common drops. Is it worth 450 gems in your opinion?
It's up to you. I never regretted a bit that i bought the hut, i was even surprised to see people complaining about it. Now, i have two huts and it helps to buy cool stuff like unique dragons/griffins or alicorns. if you have no space, than dont buy it.

Add me to the list of people who were fooled. I saw the goal, and that it was the Baron, so thought "OK, it's expensive but presumably this is the start of another bit of actually story line". I had the gems (I've been hoarding) so went ahead. Something tells me I'm going to regret it. I'm close to maxed on glimmer dust, and have no real use for enchanter essence. Unless this is the prelude to more buildings that need level 6?

Ouch, i don't know how you people get fooled so easy... I mean, the price is there. We can't blame S8 that we went ahead and bought something for gems. I understand that it was offered as a goal, but we had that happening many many times. Like Greseldas fountain or Magic fruit tree.
I saw them offering a 100 gem OFF if you buy he new tree, but when it took me to the market - i saw the price clearly - and i decided to wait.
So, just see the price tag first before you place it and don't blame others.
I'm still debating, is it worth it or not.... I do regret i didn't buy beastbane when they were offering discount....

dragoniakingdom
01-06-17, 12:57 AM
After sleeping on this extremely uproaring offer.. I feel what went wrong was exactly as Riverly post said above.. "It's the way it was presented. As a goal" and part of an update that upsets, conning players to fall into a booby trap!

Anyway.. I have spent even more amounts on this game.. but only after measuring and weighing facts if whatever, will be of useful future use in the kingdom, not to be abandoned, nor forgotten, or an extra which is not needed.

Beastbane: there was a clear future use in collecting GoldTokens out of season while waiting for the next season.
IvysBakery: there was a great lack in collecting SkunkyPies from the Hut given as rare drops and drops fully made objects
SpellboundFlower: almost all buildings needed the upleveling to level6 eventually.
GoldMine: resolves all problems of rare drops of gold objects, giving the possibility of using the GoldExchange in making your own gems.
CabbageHut: saving collection giving the possibility of choosing from the daily offers of eventual useful objects/decos and obtaining energy dropping Alis.

RootedMine: ....... unfortunately I find no positive answers in trying to convince myself, nor in how to convince others.
- EnchantedEssence we can already make when we want in the PotionShop without problems, having MermaidScales.
- GlimmerDust is not a rare item to collect, and we can fill our inventory easily if it's missing.
- GoldNuggets with the introduction of the GoldMine (and stingy ElvenBooster) is not a great problem anymore.

Post earlier I asked S8 a complete list of the drops, we'll see if any answers are given. This was done in the past when the GoldMine was on sale time before, and did re-convince many players seeing the eventual interesting, useful and unlimited rare drops.. thus convincing players to buy even more than one.

Conclusion..... Unfortunately here, now, as it's presented, the RootedMine gives nothing we don't already have abundantly. So doesn't justify the 'Super Investment' offered at this moment, so just waiting on a convincing reply from S8 developers.. if given.

I would add the bait market to the list also. For a gem item it has very little use (as I soon found out:rolleyes:....but at least I realized I was paying gems for that "lemon".)

RevdKathy
01-06-17, 02:39 AM
Ouch, i don't know how you people get fooled so easy... I mean, the price is there. We can't blame S8 that we went ahead and bought something for gems. I understand that it was offered as a goal, but we had that happening many many times. Like Greseldas fountain or Magic fruit tree.
I saw them offering a 100 gem OFF if you buy he new tree, but when it took me to the market - i saw the price clearly - and i decided to wait.
I'm still debating, is it worth it or not.... I do regret i didn't buy beastbane when they were offering discount....

Ah, I'm relatively new, I bought my fruit tree the hard way at full price, and don't have Griselda's fountain. This appeared as a goal, so I assumed it was a bit of story. I've just finished Sister Sister, and half thought it was the sequel, half thought it was the next step with the rather uneventful elves. I'm not really complaining, as you say it was my choice. I just wish they'd made it more clear what it was. Though my experience causes me to suspect the mystery character my require those drops.

MoonVillage3
01-06-17, 04:49 AM
Ah, I'm relatively new, I bought my fruit tree the hard way at full price, and don't have Griselda's fountain. This appeared as a goal, so I assumed it was a bit of story. I've just finished Sister Sister, and half thought it was the sequel, half thought it was the next step with the rather uneventful elves. I'm not really complaining, as you say it was my choice. I just wish they'd made it more clear what it was. Though my experience causes me to suspect the mystery character my require those drops.

Yes.. I did think of the future MysteryCharacter in need of the RootedMine for EnchantedEssence as the present conditions of our kingdoms are not in need of it...
BUT... as it has been reported to have a 22hr timer, I don't think we can get much EnchantedEssence out of it to resolve needs on whatever immediate requirements. We would be better off making them in the PotionShop which takes 2hrs each, and with help of the new Boosters we can make many more than what a 22hr RootedMine can supply.. specially if we have 2PotionShops.
This thought was then not valuable. For the time being no 'pros' to making this super investment.. besides the fact that someone likes the design.. or has many gems saved up and was not able to spend on something they don't have already.

The discussion is 'useful or useless' this investment? S8 launched the ball.. we don't have to catch it if we don't want to. No Storyline event requires the ability of spending gems on an object... this has been repeated to us many times in our precious Hub.. we're talking about if spending 300gems on this luxury building will be useful or useless?

PrincessCelestian
01-06-17, 05:49 AM

I completely agree with this. I was tricked into buying the bait shack by this type of strategy by s8 because I thought it would be useful in the future. Nope. Pretty much nothing I can do with it that was easy enough on it own. I might cook with a glimmermouth once every 3 months. Maybe. So where is my bait shack? It's just an expensive item in storage. Oh how like life. I would like a beastbane display though. Maybe I'll start saving for that next.

PrincessCelestian
01-06-17, 05:55 AM
Or at least drop something everyone needs like those irritating gold runes or gold monster hunt tokens.

Yaaaaasssss!!! Now that I would RACE to spend 400 gems on.

ReinierMamaWouter
01-06-17, 06:23 AM
But,like I said my own fault,should know by now to check more carefully :(.

I make sure I have coffee before checking CS. :-)

danzplace
01-06-17, 07:58 AM
I hi k it looks lovely, which makes me want it, as it would add a cool something for my village. However, it is too rich for my blood and drops items I am fortunate enough not to need. Newer players may not be as fortunate with their stored supplies and fancy buildings and may wish to purchase this. It takes all types to play.

ladyperidot
01-06-17, 08:11 AM
I make sure I have coffee before checking CS. :-)

A very good strategy! Luckily I didn't have 400 gems so I couldn't accidentally buy it.

Britilina
01-06-17, 08:24 AM
My question is whether it will continue to be available after the discount is over. Does anyone know?

comeseecomesah
01-06-17, 08:25 AM
Don't know about anyone else but for a while now my gold mines hav'nt been dropping as many nuggets as they used to so I'm hoping the drops hav'nt been purposely decreased and will get worse to entice the purchase of this tree.

danzplace
01-06-17, 09:27 AM
I have noticed that as well. Heavy on gold eggs, which I don't need. Disappointing as I spent money to get that, and have not gotten my fill of gold nuggets it apples yet.. Definately something for them to consider if they want us to keep spending.

BufftonHeights
01-06-17, 09:48 AM
I didn't spend much time deciding not to buy it. For me, the real disappointment is non-support of the tent for going on two months, and no update the first week - storyline or otherwise. To tell the truth, I'm a bit concerned about this ....

farmgirl8888
01-06-17, 10:19 AM
I didn't spend much time deciding not to buy it. For me, the real disappointment is non-support of the tent for going on two months, and no update the first week - storyline or otherwise. To tell the truth, I'm a bit concerned about this ....

True the Baron's Tent has been a disappointment, for a building that cannot be stored, if it is useless we shouldn't be made to keep it on the board. I did buy the rooted mine, as a collector I love it! But then to me this game is like a hobby and I regularly purchase gems on sale at 3.99 to keep up my gems for such items. I know a lot of hobbiests who spend lots more on their hobbies as I do on this game and after all the game makers have to make a living too, right?

I also have felt ripped off when 'tricked' into unwanted items in the past. I have learned to look before spending, a lesson that has been very expensive. But, since I have started to keep my gems up by purchasing them on sale only, I feel much better about spending for collecting items that come up that I want.

Just my two cents.

nateryd
01-06-17, 10:27 AM
First drop from the rooted mine:
Enchanter's essence, iron ore, wood, stone and glimmer dust

AnisWa
01-06-17, 12:03 PM

And, the worth of all those items?....Nada!

ninjalejones
01-06-17, 12:20 PM
It's basically a mixture of a sparkling mine and sawmill with enchanters essence thrown in for good measure. I doubt the golden nugget drop rate is any better than from the regular mines. I'm underimpressed to say the least.

katbtodd
01-06-17, 01:10 PM
Thinking they forgot all about fortune teller tent , haven't seen anything new in that in forever!

l03z
01-06-17, 01:34 PM
I fell for this, didn't notice the gem price, thought it was a story line! :(

tamaraalexisreave
01-06-17, 02:42 PM
Dissapointed in this goal. 400 gems!? I'd buy an Ali for 360 gems instead! Way too much for enchanters essence and glimmer dust. Good luck all :-)

MoonVillage3
01-06-17, 02:49 PM
thanks for posting drops..
honestly I expected more exciting drops as an explanation of the unusually heavy price tag. I don't see how such drops can justify the given value. I do hope I'm wrong in thinking this way, but at the moment it's quite disappointing.

MoonVillage3
01-06-17, 03:17 PM
Dissapointed in this goal. 400 gems!? I'd buy an Ali for 360 gems instead! Way too much for enchanters essence and glimmer dust. Good luck all :-)

yes.. and to think all these gems spent just to eventually throw into the Elven hands for a stingy bunch of Bronze?
alot is asked.. but too little is being given in return. the balance is pending too much to one side and causes doubts and disappointments.

nateryd
01-06-17, 03:17 PM
thanks for posting drops..
honestly I expected more exciting drops as an explanation of the unusually heavy price tag. I don't see how such drops can justify the given value. I do hope I'm wrong in thinking this way, but at the moment it's quite disappointing.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in the drops I got.. Would like to see a few more posts about what others are getting! Hopefully they'll get better!

scotslassuk
01-06-17, 03:53 PM
😡I Can not believe the audacity of S8 once again charging 400gems for a mine that drops items we have in abundence from elsewhere in the kingdom!! Then to say REWARD100 Gems eh NO GEM TRAP AGAIN!!! IT'S A CONFIRMATION button that's needed within game, I lost 120 gems on a slip of a finger you won't give those gems back but your expecting us to "Pay To Play!"😡 Such a shame this was a great game not now!!....watch for the mass exodus of players as they leave!! I've already had nbrs say this is one step too far and they are leaving are you really trying to RUIN the game, because unless you start listening to the people who actually play the game, your going to have nobody left!! This is one kingdom that won't have a Root Mine or whatever it's called! I refuse to "Pay to Play!"! and if I want to use My Gems the little I have left, then it will be at My Discression and not a Game Developers!!😡😡 a very unhappy player who has been here since time began😡who knows for how much longer😞

jaymieb2
01-06-17, 03:56 PM
You know, I was hoping for an update, but honestly, I am kind of glad to have a week off. No pressure, harvest whatever I want, build up anything I am low on... enjoy chopping the Christmas trees that I stocked up on, but had no energy to chop.

So - Thank you for the vacation, S8! I always did prefer when Team Lava alternated which game had an event, and DS has a lot going on this week. :-)

Cheers and Happy New Year! :-)

PS I am skipping the Root Mine. If I think it is worthwhile, I will purchase it in the future like I did with the Golden Mine.

PPS How about a use for golden eggs? A trade or something in the Magic Forge or Workshop to convert one golden item into another! Am always maxed on eggs, but short on nuggets...

Andro45
01-06-17, 04:49 PM
I don't have enough gems, so I'm always careful what I spend it on. This looks nice but doesn't seem very useful.

I just saw the barracks for sale, now that would be interesting. I don't have enough gems for that either. Another lesson in patience :p

vlspd
01-06-17, 05:03 PM
It's up to you. I never regretted a bit that i bought the hut, i was even surprised to see people complaining about it. Now, i have two huts and it helps to buy cool stuff like unique dragons/griffins or alicorns. if you have no space, than dont buy it.

I see the price first too, I don't just run and buy stuff when goal appears.
I really like how the tree looks but not sure i ll buy it... thinking 🤔🤔🤔

cavegirl1
01-06-17, 05:34 PM
True the Baron's Tent has been a disappointment, for a building that cannot be stored, if it is useless we shouldn't be made to keep it on the board. I did buy the rooted mine, as a collector I love it! But then to me this game is like a hobby and I regularly purchase gems on sale at 3.99 to keep up my gems for such items. I know a lot of hobbiests who spend lots more on their hobbies as I do on this game and after all the game makers have to make a living too, right?

I also have felt ripped off when 'tricked' into unwanted items in the past. I have learned to look before spending, a lesson that has been very expensive. But, since I have started to keep my gems up by purchasing them on sale only, I feel much better about spending for collecting items that come up that I want.

Just my two cents.

I like your approach :)

I have learnt to always come to the forum before starting any new goal - works well for me and thanks to everyone who posts!

cavegirl1
01-06-17, 05:36 PM
You know, I was hoping for an update, but honestly, I am kind of glad to have a week off. No pressure, harvest whatever I want, build up anything I am low on... enjoy chopping the Christmas trees that I stocked up on, but had no energy to chop.

So - Thank you for the vacation, S8! I always did prefer when Team Lava alternated which game had an event, and DS has a lot going on this week. :-)

Cheers and Happy New Year! :-)

PS I am skipping the Root Mine. If I think it is worthwhile, I will purchase it in the future like I did with the Golden Mine.

PPS How about a use for golden eggs? A trade or something in the Magic Forge or Workshop to convert one golden item into another! Am always maxed on eggs, but short on nuggets...

I feel a bit the same about no update. Gives me time to focus on putting away the Christmas items and redecorating. Tho .... Some expansions would have been nice, as always ;)

undead30k
01-06-17, 07:55 PM
Thinking they forgot all about fortune teller tent , haven't seen anything new in that in forever!

Exactly.. that is the only problem that upsets me is the lack of support on certain items. If they would tell us that this rooted tree is going to be needed to help advance in the game faster or that it will drop something new or GEMS even.. I would purchase this tree. A rooted gem tree is what it should have been in my opinion.

They collect gems and money on an item like the fortune teller and haven't provided any new fortunes.
Ivy's bakery drops skunk-u-pines that have no use.
The Barron's tent seems to be abandoned for awhile now.
Beastbane gives chance of gold tokens, however no monster hut and no new items in the mythic research center.

Definitely a pattern of offering something cool for gems and then letting it rot like the toys my kids no longer play with. I understand S8 is running a business but instead of offering items that become useless, why not expand on what we already have.

Offer new additional items in workshops or potion shops, New crops to plant and harvest, Increase level from 50, More expansions. Use your creativity to wow us like in the past and expand on what we already have to conserve space if you won't open the land up. I give S8 permission to contact me for ideas with regards to improving the game but something tells me they won't.

ShibuyaCloth
01-07-17, 07:18 AM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb216000.png_2v_31020.png
Rooted Mine (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_RootedMine)
Info: An enchanted mine overtaken by nature. Drops Enchanter's Essence and Glimmerdust, with a chance to drop other resources!
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Requirements: 400 gems
Drops: Enchanter's Essence, Glimmerdust, Iron Ore, Wood, Stone, Golden Nugget
Timer: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
Speed-up: 88 gems
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96610

rulerofjennyville
01-07-17, 07:56 AM
For 400 gems I want a guarantee that it will drop gold nuggets every time.

katbtodd
01-07-17, 08:11 AM
Exactly.. that is the only problem that upsets me is the lack of support on certain items. If they would tell us that this rooted tree is going to be needed to help advance in the game faster or that it will drop something new or GEMS even.. I would purchase this tree. A rooted gem tree is what it should have been in my opinion.

They collect gems and money on an item like the fortune teller and haven't provided any new fortunes.
Ivy's bakery drops skunk-u-pines that have no use.
The Barron's tent seems to be abandoned for awhile now.
Beastbane gives chance of gold tokens, however no monster hut and no new items in the mythic research center.

Definitely a pattern of offering something cool for gems and then letting it rot like the toys my kids no longer play with. I understand S8 is running a business but instead of offering items that become useless, why not expand on what we already have.

Offer new additional items in workshops or potion shops, New crops to plant and harvest, Increase level from 50, More expansions. Use your creativity to wow us like in the past and expand on what we already have to conserve space if you won't open the land up. I give S8 permission to contact me for ideas with regards to improving the game but something tells me they won't.

I agree totally

ninjalejones
01-07-17, 10:34 AM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb216000.png_2v_31020.png
Rooted Mine (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_RootedMine)
Source: Purchase
Requirements: 400 gems
Drops: Enchanter's Essence, Glimmerdust, Iron Ore, Wood, Stone, Golden Nugget
Timer: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
Speed-up: 88 gems
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96610

It also drops silver and jewels.

AnisWa
01-07-17, 06:54 PM
If we ever get a monster hunt, the cooking camp is the best choice. I'm glad to have 3 kitchens to make food for adventures. I've found that when I visit my neighbors who have the Mystic Research Center, it glitches so much, because of all the flittering animals in their kingdoms. And, the 2nd cabbage hut MIGHT be the next Best choice providing S8 changes or update the Baron's Tent.The Fortune Teller hasn't been active. So, maybe S8 is on an extensive Holiday. Same old, same old! It's getting boring.
My guess it's an Icy Crystal Faerie that's visiting next.

RevdKathy
01-08-17, 02:33 AM
I am hoping for an ice elf. We had all that launch of the elf things. Now I have an apothecary to make boosts I seldom use and a workshop to make elf items which, frankly, I don't know what they're for. And the trading post to get more bronze tokens I don't need. Sure, I can get gold ones... As if!

So an ice elf who would make use of these things, especially if s/he is a proper long term goal rather than Yet Another Timed Item would be ideal.

ladlasse
01-08-17, 05:07 PM
It also drops silver and jewels.

I've never understood how they can call something that drops items a decoration. To me a decoration is something that enhances the look of your kingdom but doesn't drop anything. I put some items in inventory because they were labeled "decoration" only to find out they actually were useful.

MoonVillage3
01-08-17, 11:11 PM
I've never understood how they can call something that drops items a decoration. To me a decoration is something that enhances the look of your kingdom but doesn't drop anything. I put some items in inventory because they were labeled "decoration" only to find out they actually were useful.
I second your thought..
It should be a Resource Building, as gives supplies. The Gold Mine was put in the Deco Section as well.. and that too gives resources. Seems what is offered as 'Gem Buildings', and are our choice to buy are put into the Deco section as are useful, but not necessary. At this point we should have a 'Luxury' section in our market to offer these type of useful Gem Buildings.

coolssp
01-09-17, 03:13 AM

Two of my neighbors bought it accidentally and reported similar drops and they are not happy :( I'm glad I didn't buy it :) Saving gems for beastbane if it goes on sale agaiy:)

gorrith
01-10-17, 03:08 PM
Two of my neighbors bought it accidentally and reported similar drops and they are not happy :( I'm glad I didn't buy it :) Saving gems for beastbane if it goes on sale agaiy:)

I'm several drops in and still not 1 gold nugget, which was entirely the reason I bought it. I have buyers remorse big time :(

ashley224
01-10-17, 04:06 PM
After the Glimmeregg Forge (which was the worst) and a few other previously mentioned things I got burned on, I'm really careful what I buy for gems now. However, I did regret not purchasing both the Spellbound Bloom and the Beastbane when the rebate was offered. I eventually paid full price for both and I am glad I bought them. I know the rebates are offered to put pressure on players to buy the item before the rebate expires. I was beginning to believe that gem items were going to be more useful. I am sorry that so many people are disappointed with the new Rooted Mine. On a positive note, since the last event, I've received more golden nuggets from chopping rocks, the sparkling mines and the deep mines than I used to. I hope it hasn't just been luck on my part.

S8, PLEASE BE FAIR TO YOUR PLAYERS AND INCREASE THE DROP RATE OF THE GOLDEN NUGGETS FROM THE ROOTED MINE.

nateryd
01-10-17, 11:57 PM
Still nothing great from my rooted mine😕 Feeling a bit jipped

dragoniakingdom
01-11-17, 04:55 AM
Still nothing great from my rooted mine�� Feeling a bit jipped

Same here,just ordinary items I can get in plentiful supply elsewhere.

I will never click on anything before I am fully awake & had a mug of coffee again. Harsh lesson learnt :p

AnisWa
01-11-17, 11:10 AM
I just had a golden brazier drop from the gold mine. Never seen this before. Anyone else?

AnisWa
01-11-17, 11:11 AM
35291https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35291&d=1484158288 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35291&d=1484158288)
The golden brazier is in front of purple stag.

ShibuyaCloth
01-11-17, 01:37 PM
I just had a golden brazier drop form the gold mine. Never seen this before. Anyone else?

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701020.png_2v_31020.png
Golden Brazier (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GoldenBrazier)
Info: A golden basin of piping hot fire!
Source: Baron
Size: 1x1
Drops: Coins, Iron Ore, Coal
Events: Baron's Tent - August 2015
Trades: Lucky Trade
Timer: 960 minutes // 16 hours
Speed-up: 64 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83763

ashley224
01-11-17, 02:22 PM
I just had a golden brazier drop form the gold mine. Never seen this before. Anyone else?

Yes, I have one in storage. Cute to look at but I was disappointed with it. Essentially once a day collection for an iron ore or coal. Energy better spent collecting from mines.

AnisWa
01-11-17, 07:26 PM
Yes, I have one in storage. Cute to look at but I was disappointed with it. Essentially once a day collection for an iron ore or coal. Energy better spent collecting from mines.

Thank you, good to hear.....into storage it will go!

jaymieb2
01-12-17, 12:17 PM

I used my gold troll tokens for the Cabbage hut, and I am glad I did. I check the hut every day and collect one more rotten cabbage that is added to my total. Am up to 31 (I save them for something good). The Halloween offerings (which still seem to be around) allowed my to collect 7-8 Skelicorns...They usually give 4-8 energy daily with a chance of a much higher amounts (have received 20 a few times 30 two or three times and 100 once). I think it was worth it. Now up to 39 gold troll tokens and am looking forward to finally getting the Mythic Research Center.

ashley224
01-12-17, 01:16 PM
Gold mine currently on sale under decoration for 260 gems. This definitely gives one gold item, an egg, an apple or a nugget everyday. I have many, this is a great price. If you can purchase it, I highly recommend it.

scotslassuk
01-12-17, 02:58 PM
Sorry thicko here trying to find new thread for this weeks update? I can't seem to work this new forum layout yet lol. Thank you

kooky panda
01-12-17, 03:07 PM
Sorry thicko here trying to find new thread for this weeks update? I can't seem to work this new forum layout yet lol. Thank you
Here is the new update thread
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96721-Castle-Story-1-12-Ice-Queen-Event!

(If you are reading the forum on your device, scroll to the bottom and click "full Site". )

meme1098
01-12-17, 03:08 PM

Tap Castle Story | Discussions above, then In-Game Event: 1/12 - Ice Queen Event

Good luck!

****I see you took care of it, Kooky. Just delete this if you like.

There's been reports of a glitch in Chapter 2 you might want to pass along to the team if you haven't noticed yet.

Thanks!- I will pass this on to Spiritwind! KP

ashley224
01-15-17, 09:32 AM
Question for those who purchased the rooted mine, how often do you receive golden nuggets?

Lyzau
01-18-17, 03:28 AM
Question for those who purchased the rooted mine, how often do you receive golden nuggets?

I purchased on day 1, collected every day (22hr cooldown) and never got a golden nugget. With the long cooldown and the apperently very low droprate I wouldn't count on it to supply you with nuggets.

MoonVillage3
01-18-17, 06:29 AM
It just came to my mind the reason why the RootedMine is so expensive. Considering it's not for the type of drops as gold nuggets seems rare drops here too and the other drops are usual materials easily found.
It's a Space Saver!!!
Instead of occupying the space of 4 different Mines @3x3.. the RootedMine occupies a minimum space of 2x2 and thus a treasure! :D :D
PS. don't laugh so hard.. (whispering).. I'm trying to find a useful explanation for it's 'valuable' existence ;)

gorrith
01-18-17, 02:33 PM
I purchased on day 1, collected every day (22hr cooldown) and never got a golden nugget. With the long cooldown and the apperently very low droprate I wouldn't count on it to supply you with nuggets.

Yep, I'm the same. Every day I have collected from this *mine* and so far 0 gold nuggets. As this was the only reason I purchased it it the first place as they advertised gold nugget drops.

*Storm 8 Please fix the drop rate ASAP - I want what I paid for - Thankyou

nateryd
02-02-17, 02:00 PM
Bought it the first day.. Not a gold nugget in sight😒 it's beyond a rare drop at this point.

GlvtenFree
02-23-17, 03:58 AM
I purchythis the day it came out, collected every day since, and have never once seen gold nugget drop. for the price we payed for it, that seems like a horrible drop rate and really should be increased.

fashionbill
02-24-17, 05:50 PM
Where can I get more red petals?

stanglady1
03-18-17, 08:44 AM
I purchased it the day it was released and collected every single day. Didn't get one single nugget until today.