PDA

View Full Version : Where are the new goal events?

ricks2013
01-05-17, 01:22 AM
Christmas 2016 came and went with no Christmas goal, I'm extremely disappointed and thinking of dropping the game. What kind of game doesn't celebrate the biggest holiday of the year?

Rynetory2
01-05-17, 06:41 AM
I did check on this but Storm8 has no news that they can share at the moment. I have passed along your feedback with those from others to the team so they can be aware of our interests.

As for me, I will focus on building my city (land expansions and upgrades) because this game has great potential even though I was disappointed with nothing for the festive period just like you guys were. Hopefully we get to see more new exciting things in 2017! :)

Aside to others: Feel free to post your feedback too.

ricks2013
01-05-17, 06:15 PM
No news that they can share? In other words they've abandoned goals In Dream City. All the other games I play had a great Christmas goal except for dream city which is very sad. OK, well thanks for the information I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get their stuff together and get the goals going again. Until then the game Will be put aside.

flemlion
01-06-17, 12:42 AM
I've put aside this game for the moment.

Because it appears subjectively that the providers of it have as well.

monstertop
01-06-17, 11:23 AM
I've not touched it in weeks either but I'm hoping for some fun event soon. I haven't given up on it yet.

PurpleScorpion76
01-08-17, 12:09 PM
I check in every day during the week to see if there in anything new, but at the moment I. don't see reason to build my city without an event or new goal. Reason being the tools we get to expand, parts to expand inventory and consequently the space taken in inventory. I got stuck last year when the parts equalled around 90% of my inventory. Happy to go slower while they build the game. I worry though this will go the way of Fairytale Wonderland. But we'll see.

ricks2013
01-09-17, 06:52 PM
I'm hoping dream city doesn't go by the wayside either. The game just came out in July 2016 so I'm not sure what's going on. All I know is restaurant story 2 which is also by storm8 had 2 Great Christmas cruise events. Maybe there was some kind of mess up with the programming team for dream city. The game is too new for them just to dump it. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Guardian452
01-10-17, 11:17 AM
After the last event, I decided to concentrate on collecting landmarks. But after 3 weeks of doing nothing but delivering Boardwalk orders, I got bored with that.

izzyiza
01-10-17, 04:17 PM
Still no news? I'm still playing to finish all land extensions and get more landmarks but it is getting a tad boring.

Rynetory2
01-11-17, 08:05 AM
Add me to the bored list. :p

kooky panda
01-11-17, 11:51 AM
Ditto!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x41/ressiej/Bored/ATT8-1.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ressiej/media/Bored/ATT8-1.gif.html)

monstertop
01-11-17, 02:21 PM
Okay, I think I'm going to delete this game until there's an event going on. It's just taking space in my phone.

kooky panda
01-11-17, 03:41 PM
I am going to hold off a little longer! Trying to keep the Faith! LOL

DMVdoll
01-11-17, 08:18 PM
I'm hopping on the bored bandwagon. Setting aside the game until there's something new to do.

I'll keep checking here to see if an update is released.

ricks2013
01-11-17, 11:24 PM
I'm going to give the game until Valentine's Day, and that's it. This is a great game what's wrong with these people? Why no goal since middle November😔

13dracon
01-12-17, 06:19 PM
I'm with the lot of you - I was super disappointed that there was no Christmas extravaganza. I keep checking in daily, and I'm trying for Neuschwanstein for my third landmark, but if there's no Valentine's Day event, I think I might just throw in the towel on it. Sad, cause I'd gotten up to level 28 and I loved the Hallowe'en event, and there were such great ideas bandied about here for Christmas in Chesterfield... :(

tuffyjkitten
01-16-17, 09:54 AM
I keep checking in to collect coins but thats all. I don't want duplicates upon duplicates of busineses I already have. Waiting for an event to make that worthwhile so I can level up. Not interested in boredwalk anymore after a few days of concentrating on that.

I took some nice screenshots of my city to put next to the screenshots of my Fairytale Wonderland forest. :(

TheRedElephant
02-01-17, 09:02 AM
I give up, tired of waiting. Really like the game but with no goals and nothing new to do it's boring.

ethan1brothers
02-01-17, 10:56 PM
yeah I check in every few days but I haven't finished anything I had left after Halloween ..... I was disappointed about x mas but its been 3 months ... I don't want to play a repeat of farm story 2 ........

izzyiza
02-03-17, 03:32 PM
I still play until I unlocked all land and the waterfall so I can say that I mastered the game. But I'm bummed that it seems that this game will not be updated anymore... it has potential.

ethan1brothers
02-03-17, 07:52 PM
no one at storm 8 has any comment ?

ricks2013
02-06-17, 04:48 PM
I have a feeling that storm8 has droped further development of this game and is developing new stuff. Example: All they are doing in restaurant story 2 is giving us last year's lame goals that we had, at this time last year. I have a feeling we're not going to see any new goal in dream city until July 2017 because that's when the first goal came for this game. Hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling I'm not. I still enjoy dream city and I am expanding my property's. I want a new goal but this is Still a good game. I won't invest another dime in it till there's a new goal however. Let's wait and see what happens.

Edye23
02-07-17, 04:44 PM
I finished all the expansions... now what? Are they going to and more???? Completed the game,

zenobia42
02-08-17, 08:32 PM
So sad that storm8 has quite evidently abandoned the game and us. Just started construction on my final landmark and came here to see if there was any cause for optimism but there is not. Not at all. What a shame. Maybe if this game ever revives, someone who stuck around here can be a doll and pm those of us who posted in this thread to bring us back. As for now, when my Kinkakuji finishes in 18 hours, I will look at it, and my lovely work fitting ALL the landmarks on the smallest isle, with a thru road, then delete. :(

Wonkaland99
02-09-17, 01:42 PM
I got to a stage where I was getting 8 boardwalk balloons a day, and sometimes twice a day. Then I bought the most expensive landmarks and stopped playing so much. Now I just do a boardwalk order for 2 balloons every day or two, and a few normal orders.
I agree with everyone who says we need an event to rekindle interest.

roxierocket
02-11-17, 06:46 AM
I'm thinking that they are trying to push us to the new version by boring people to death. Kinda not fair to those who have played n spent lots of bucks over the years.

LUES2012
02-11-17, 11:34 PM
NO christmas goal..NO new years goal..NO valentines goal cause the 14th in a couple days..got a message for u storm8.. STOP making more games!! you cant even keep the ones you have up to date..I will play it out..get my land pieces complete..do the boardwalk..max the levels out..if you no get yourself together by then..Im gonna say "Take your game and SHUV IT!!..Im not playing ur Dead city anymore!!...

ricks2013
02-12-17, 11:46 AM
I agree with LUES2012 there's no goals so interest in the game is dwindling. I am however going to stick with it finish all my landmarks and unlock everything but if there's no new goal by then, I'll be ditching the game.
It's is such a shame too because this game has such potential. What's really pathetic here is that most of us in this thread have invested a lot of real money in this game buying gems, and storm8 has done nothing. So for now I'm just going work on the game here and there. Too bad there's no response from storm8...(yet) 😀

Mercy1st
02-13-17, 03:28 AM
Feeling the same- started out to be a wonderful game now very disappointing to visit perhaps if they gave us a timetable of when they might have new goals, but nothing isn't acceptable

ethan1brothers
02-13-17, 10:56 AM
I'm told this is nothing new ..castle story didn't get any updates for almost a year in a half a while back.....

ricks2013
02-13-17, 02:35 PM
Yeah you're right ethan1brothers, I used to play farm story 2 A couple years ago and all of a sudden there was no new goals for MONTHS so I dropped it. Guess what? I just checked and there was a recent update for farm story 2. There's no way I go back to farm story 2 now as I'm trying to work through this dream city thing.

Rynetory2
02-14-17, 06:26 AM
Hey guys, your feedback has been passed to Storm8. Hopefully we get to see some new updates or items soon. :)

ricks2013
02-15-17, 01:49 PM
Thanks for passing the feedback on to storm8. Please post their responses (if any) here as everyone in this thread is anxiously awaiting a new goal. Thanks :-)

Rynetory2
02-15-17, 10:00 PM
I did check on this but since Storm8 can't speculate on future updates, I don't have more news for you guys. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we'll see something new soon. Rest assured that I'll keep you all posted as soon as I get any whispers. :) In the mean time, feel free to post your feedback for the team. I love this game and am looking forward to see more developments as you all are. Cheers.

flemlion
02-16-17, 01:02 AM
I did check on this but since Storm8 can't speculate on future updates, I don't have more news for you guys.

For me there's some language confusion in this sentence.

Speculate is what we do, because we do not have information, we guess, that's what speculate means.

By definition Storm8 can't speculate, because they do have the information. They should know their own planning.
And if there's nothing on there now for Dream City, that means that there will definitely not be any new things in the near future.
That's what some people might also call 'abandoned', at least for the near future.

Rynetory2
02-16-17, 04:45 AM
Storm8 does not release game information ahead of schedule for all games, that's what they mean by they cant speculate. It's true that there isnt update in the app store currently but it doesnt mean that there wont be in the near future or they are abandoning the game. Well at least for me, I'm not jumping to those conclusions. Let's just wait a bit and see how it pans out.

nonamesam
02-16-17, 08:58 AM
I thought fashion story was dead, but kept playing anyway. Then, out of the blue, they started rolling out events pretty regularly, including ios exclusive ones (I've been told, cuz I am one of the many shunned android users :'( ) Hoping that, even though it looks abandoned, they still have plans for DC:M :)

ricks2013
02-21-17, 02:32 PM
I'm the one who started this thread and I am extremely pleased to know many people besides myself who are actually upset because of a lack of events. I've come to a conclusion about dream city and every other storm8 game. What these people seem to do is work really hard on a game, then temporarily abandon it, then create new events down the road when it suits them. I've seen this happen with farm story 2, Restaurant story 2 and now with Fashion story. I still have a lot of work to do in dream city and love the game so maybe down the road later this year they might have a new event. If not, c'est la vie it's still a worthy game and a lot of fun And I'll play it till the end. However I will not invest another dime in gems and financially support this game whatsoever until there is a new event to rekindle everybody's interest.

ethan1brothers
03-04-17, 02:06 PM
the reason possibly for no events is that storm8 just laid off half the company .......... just google storm8 layoffs

Mollyandme89
03-04-17, 05:15 PM
I too am disappointed by the lack of attention that Storm8 is paying to Dream City.
Am I the only one that has a hard time expanding, shovels are hardly ever awarded?
Storage is always an uphill battle....the blue tape is rare, while I have lots of crates.
If I wanted to remove a few crates, I can't, all or nothing.
I really do love the game but a little love from Storm8 would be nice!

ricks2013
04-15-17, 11:40 AM
This was a good game when it came out last year but storm8 abandoned any events since October 2016.

Here we are in April 2017 and another major holiday Easter has come and gone with no event.

I've tried to work on the game but it's just too freaking boring without an event. Expanding your storage is an uphill battle, there's zero opportunity to get any free gems and getting the needed parts to expand your property without tons of duplicates is almost unheard of.

It WAS A good game but storm8s lack of events has turned this game into a dismal bore. Goodbye dream city it's time to uninstall and move on.